NATION

PASSWORD

The Eden Crisis [FT/OOC-SIGNUP] (Open!)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Free Terra
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Eden Crisis [FT/OOC-SIGNUP] (Open!)

Postby Free Terra » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Rules!
1. I, OP, and my co-host, Senata Populus Que Caelum, are administrating this thread. As a result, our word is the final say on whether or not something is acceptable. In addition, only they and I may approve members of the RP, but we'll keep an open mind.
2. No Godmodding, if we use a fleet barely numbering 40, don't use 4 digits or more as a response force. It is:
A: Unfair.
B: Illogical.
C: Just plain rude.
3. While we are open to a few players, try not to invite your friends for now. Too many members can ruin RP, I should know.
4. Remember to respect the lore and remember the start of this RP and its members. Play nice and I won't have to exclude anyone from this.
5. No Godmodding. Though it was said earlier, I have to remind everyone, including myself of this many times. If you think anything might border godmodding, check with us in this thread first.

10 Years Ago

After the second age of colonization following the formation of the Heaven and Earth Alliance, The Great Federal Republic, in tandem with the SPQC, discovered the system of Eden, which had an unprecedented resource boon and a perfect place of settlement. Within this system, there were 3 Terran-Type worlds, and two Gas Giants; the moons of which contained the largest concentrations of precious metals the Alliance had seen. Quickly, this system was colonized and its resources added to the Alliance's network. The colony, in less than 10 years, was almost entirely self-sufficient. It was the most substantial boon that the Alliance could've asked for, and many inter-alliance grievances were relieved when the system was made a jointly-administrated cluster of colonies. All was well, until civil unrest began within the colonies. The people quickly came to realize that they shouldn't have to be ruled when they can manage themselves. The populace came to desire sovereignty, and protests became riots. Demonstrations became sieges, and boycotts became raids. The Alliance government was taken aback by this sudden urge to bite the feeding hand, and it was the Free Terrans who were the first to dish out 'corporal punishment.' The day that a violent militia stormed the Alliance Administration Complex on Eden II, the Free Terran Navy, acting independently of the Maximus Novus Classe, deployed a Legion of Shock Marines to quell the uprising and evacuate the Planetary Government.

Free Terra was chastised by its counterparts in the SPQC until the insurgency attempted an assault on an SPQC-Administered spaceport. The attack left a large amount of the security forces besieged in the spaceport for two days whilst the Alliance debated whether a military action was to be taken. The security forces suffered 78% casualties before the Alliance could reinforce the spaceport and save the survivors. Over 2500 passersby in the port, many of whom were either about to embark upon a civilian cruise liner or were part of a privately-owned supply company, were butchered by the rebels in the name of sovereignty. The Alliance's Wartime Council was in unanimous agreement. The system of Eden needed to be brought to order, and the Eden Crisis began in full. After a month of bombing rebels from orbit and launching counterattacks to attempted city-sieges, a few officers from across the Alliance began to mutiny against their commanders. The rebels seized twelve vessels from both Free Terran and Caelis commanders and fled to the edge of the system.

It falls onto the shoulders of the Free Terran Navy under the banner of the Maximus Novus Classe to deal with these traitors to the Alliance. The Free Terran Supercarrier, the FTN Dea Magna, complemented by the MNC space-borne assets in-system would be deployed as a show of force against all who would commit treason to the Alliance. It was, simply put, like clubbing seal cubs to chase these rebels down in a ship that requires 15,000 crew members to operate effectively, with the firepower to threaten a planet on its own.

As the Dea Magna warped into the system's outermost asteroid field to engage, the vessel detected a powerful and unfamiliar signature just a few light-minutes away.

TL;DR:

In this thread, the familiar (or unfamiliar, to the majority of you) Alliance of Free Terra and Caelis has stumbled onto a resource goldmine, and as such, colonized it thoroughly, since the system is so rich, the colonists soon became self-sufficient and tried multiple times for independence, getting increasingly more violent. Cue armed response and pretty soon a full-on civil war has erupted, ethics are being questioned on all sides, people are killing each-other and are starting to forget why, generally just anarchy. Then, THEN, an extraterrestrial force that considered this system to be sacred comes in to check up and sees people all over, deciding to start an extermination campaign.

Below is a sheet to sign up. To further narrow-down applicants, both SPQC and I will telegram those applying in order to better understand RP style and see if we can all work together. Understand that Free Terra and the SPQC exist outside of the Milky Way galaxy through my own hand-wave excuse to keep big RP groups like, say, GESO or FAR from applying en-masse and generally upsetting what little balance there is. I like to RP on a smaller scale with the little experience I have.

Conquerors and 100+ system empires will not be accepted.

Sign-Up Sheet:
Code: Select all
NATION NAME:
REASON FOR JOINING:
DO YOU WISH TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE DEFINED CANON?:
WHICH FACTION ARE YOU SUPPORTING?:
IN-CHARACTER POPULATION:
GOVERNMENT TYPE:
DISPATCHED MILITARY FORCE, IF ANY:
RP SAMPLE:
WHAT IS RULE 2?:
WHAT IS RULE 5?:
AND WHY DO WE HAVE THESE RULES?:

CURRENT FACTION LISTING:
HEAVEN AND EARTH ALLIANCE
-The Great Federal Republic of Free Terra (GFRFT)
-Senata Populi Que Caelum (SPQC)
-Organized States of Columbia (OS)
-Kingdom of Viatra (KV)
-

EDEN INSURGENTS
-(Narrating) Free Terra
-
-

MENDIOLLAN LEAGUE
-(Narrating) Free Terra
-
-

NEUTRAL/UNDECLARED
-ANONYMOUS CONTACT TEAM
-

APPLICANT STATUSES:
Accepted:
-Free Terra
-Senata Populi Que Caelum
-Organized States
-Viatra
-ANONYMOUS CONTACT TEAM Probationary
Pending:
-Novaya Equestria
-Natornic Cultures
-The Landfish Colonies
-United Citizens Republic
Denied:
-The Monville Order INACTIVITY
-The Solar Reign GENRE CLASH
-Union of Soviet Stellar Republics LACK OF APPLICATION, READ RULES

ADDITIONAL NOTES: Including NPC factions, there are a total of 5 human factions, with 3 more applying. Is this getting out of hand?
Last edited by Free Terra on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
DEFCON:
0: [ ] CLASSIFIED
1: [ ] FIRST STRIKE AUTHORIZED
2: [ ] TOTAL WAR
3: [X] WAR
4: [ ] DIPLOMATIC CONFLICT
5: [ ] PEACE
MT/PMT
Intervention in Cypriot-Rhodes: Pro-IUN Regime Elected, Cypriot-Rhodes Dissolved as a Nation within months due to externally funded coup attempts. Refugees hosted in Free Terra, region currently in anarchy.
Wars of 2060-2070: Won
2075 Intervention in Isposito: Ongoing
2075 Philippine Sea Policing Action: Ongoing

Tech: Postmodern
Former Premier of The Union of Red Nations, New General Secretary of The Union of Red Nations
If I used NS Stats the fairness breaks. I'm as far along as the guys in "Antiquity" were when I joined.
Founder and Permanent Member of the International Union of Nations
No, I haven't given up on The Glorious Terran Empire

Senata Populus Que Caelum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:18 am

Tagged

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:45 am

NATION NAME: The Organized Systems of Columbia and her colonies (The Organized States of Columbia/OS)
REASON FOR JOINING: The OS is growing increasingly concerned of the possibility that the Insurgents on Eden may be influenced by communists or other undesirable agents of influence.
DO YOU WISH TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE DEFINED CANON?: I plan on it.
WHICH FACTION ARE YOU SUPPORTING?: Heaven and Earth Alliance
IN-CHARACTER POPULATION: 317.8 Billion spread across 4 systems and 13 Worlds
GOVERNMENT TYPE: Representative Democracy with McCarthyist undertones (fear of rival political or social views)
Organized States Air Force
Tactical Air Command (Langley AFB, North America Commonwealth)
Far Eastern Systems Air Forces/FEAF (Headquarters: Glenn AFB, Wake)
-Fifth Air Force (F-119A, F-124A, C-150A, MC-150A)
-Eleventh Air Force (C-150A, C-156A, F-119A, F-124A)
-Seventh Air Force (F-119A, F-124A)
-Thirteenth Air Force (F-119A, RF-119B, C-150A, KQ-138)
-Nineteenth Air Force (F-124A, C-150A, KQ-138)
Strategic Air Command (Offut AFB, Nebraska, North America Commonwealth)
Twentieth Air Force (B-172, KQ-138)
Organized States Navy
Seventh Fleet (OS Fleet Activities Yokosuka, Japan)
Task Force 138 (New Honolulu, Wake Commonwealth)
-Carrier Strike Group 128 (OSS Midway)
-Carrier Strike Group 129 (OSS Philippine Sea)
-Carrier Strike Group 130 (OSS Coral Sea)
-Tinian Amphibious Readiness Group
-Saipan Amphibious Readiness Group
-Shuri Amphibious Readiness Group
-Makin Island Amphibious Readiness Group
Organized States Marine Corps
Fleet Marine Force, Far-East (New Honolulu, Wake Commonwealth)
-XIV Amphibious Corps
Organized States Army
1st Calvary Division (Camp Robert L. Stewart, Wake Commonwealth)
23rd Infantry Division (Camp Robert L. Steward, Wake Commonwealth)
RP SAMPLE: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=332460
WHAT IS RULE 2?: No godmodding
WHAT IS RULE 5?: No godmodding
AND WHY DO WE HAVE THESE RULES?: GODMODDING HAS HAPPENED AND IT SHALL HAPPEN AGAIN. SO SAYETH THE PROPHECY.
Last edited by Organized States on Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

The Solar Reign
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Reign » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:25 am

Good morning,
I would like to join this thread, but there is one simple, little thing I would like to make you aware of: The Reign is a pony-nation. Of course, my ground rule for magic (see sig) is in effect.

Now, with the Op's and Co-Op's kind permission, I would like to apply.

NATION NAME: The Celestial Empire of the Solar Reign.
REASON FOR JOINING:
    IC: A group of the Golden Armada is near, takes a peek. Then, diplomacy begins with Prc. Celestia wishing to aid the Heaven and Earth Alliance - Eden is valuable and of more use in the hands of an allied/friendly government instead of rebels. Although some people suggested conquering it, it is too far away from the Reign itself to be of interest, which is why HDM much rather supports the Alliance then wasting troops in conquering and holding a world, which is considered nearly impossible to be defended by the Royal Armed Forces ("Not if the rest of the Reign should be defended as well!", as Admiral Headsail put it).
    OOC: I'm bored. Let's be honest here.
    If permitted.
    Heaven and Earth Alliance.
IN-CHARACTER POPULATION:
    Depends on what is taken into account:
    Crown Possessions: 28 billion people.
    + Core Systems: + 56 billion people.
    + Near Rim: + 37 billion people.
    + Far Rim: + 18 billion people.
    + Independent Client States: + 10 billion people.
    Total: 149 billion people (roundabout).
GOVERNMENT TYPE:
    Offically a constitutional monarchy, unofficial a constitutional theocratic monarchy.
    Initially:
    Battlegroup Sabre (RAdm Blue Water)
      GAS Sabre (Sabre class Cruiser)
      GAS Rapier (Sabre class Cruiser)
      GAS Claymore (Sabre class Cruiser)
      GAC 55871 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 112477 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 66541 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 112488 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 15454 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 7878 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 99874 (100234 class Corvette)

After Diplomacy has been done, we maybe can expand on that (more ships, GAAC, Royal Army troops, we will see then). If wished, I can provide an ORBAT for the corresponding case.
RP SAMPLE:
WHAT IS RULE 2?:
    No Godmodding.
WHAT IS RULE 5?:
    No Godmodding.
    Because these rules regulate the RP, so that everyone may have fun. Godmodding is no fun, it's rude and unfair.
Pony nation with this ground rule about magic in serious RPs.

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:18 pm

I have approved you both for an analysis. We'll likely send you both a TG for correspondence after a few hours, in the meanwhile, I will consult with SPQC to verify initial approval.

Though there's something that I need to remind applicants of; this is and Extra-Galactic Event, so anything in the Milky Way should basically be considered separate from this RP. We can discuss via TG what is and isn't 'usable'. It takes place in the galaxy NGC 1300, for those interested.

We will wait an additional 48 hours for a full idea of those interested.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT
Intervention in Cypriot-Rhodes: Pro-IUN Regime Elected, Cypriot-Rhodes Dissolved as a Nation within months due to externally funded coup attempts. Refugees hosted in Free Terra, region currently in anarchy.

Former Premier of The Union of Red Nations, New General Secretary of The Union of Red Nations
If I used NS Stats the fairness breaks. I'm as far along as the guys in "Antiquity" were when I joined.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:19 pm

The Solar Reign wrote:Good morning,
I would like to join this thread, but there is one simple, little thing I would like to make you aware of: The Reign is a pony-nation. Of course, my ground rule for magic (see sig) is in effect.

Now, with the Op's and Co-Op's kind permission, I would like to apply.

NATION NAME: The Celestial Empire of the Solar Reign.
REASON FOR JOINING:
    IC: A group of the Golden Armada is near, takes a peek. Then, diplomacy begins with Prc. Celestia wishing to aid the Heaven and Earth Alliance - Eden is valuable and of more use in the hands of an allied/friendly government instead of rebels. Although some people suggested conquering it, it is too far away from the Reign itself to be of interest, which is why HDM much rather supports the Alliance then wasting troops in conquering and holding a world, which is considered nearly impossible to be defended by the Royal Armed Forces ("Not if the rest of the Reign should be defended as well!", as Admiral Headsail put it).
    OOC: I'm bored. Let's be honest here.
    If permitted.
    Heaven and Earth Alliance.
IN-CHARACTER POPULATION:
    Depends on what is taken into account:
    Crown Possessions: 28 billion people.
    + Core Systems: + 56 billion people.
    + Near Rim: + 37 billion people.
    + Far Rim: + 18 billion people.
    + Independent Client States: + 10 billion people.
    Total: 149 billion people (roundabout).
GOVERNMENT TYPE:
    Offically a constitutional monarchy, unofficial a constitutional theocratic monarchy.
    Initially:
    Battlegroup Sabre (RAdm Blue Water)
      GAS Sabre (Sabre class Cruiser)
      GAS Rapier (Sabre class Cruiser)
      GAS Claymore (Sabre class Cruiser)
      GAC 55871 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 112477 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 66541 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 112488 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 15454 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 7878 (100234 class Corvette)
      GAC 99874 (100234 class Corvette)

After Diplomacy has been done, we maybe can expand on that (more ships, GAAC, Royal Army troops, we will see then). If wished, I can provide an ORBAT for the corresponding case.
RP SAMPLE:
WHAT IS RULE 2?:
    No Godmodding.
WHAT IS RULE 5?:
    No Godmodding.
    Because these rules regulate the RP, so that everyone may have fun. Godmodding is no fun, it's rude and unfair.

Just to clarify, your nation is actually a Pony nation? Real ponies? This is a hard sci-fi RP, I'm not sure you are right for this

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:29 am

Well, I suppose that's that. I shall continue working on a draft of the IC thread.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

The Monville Order
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Monville Order » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Now, how ''hard' is the hard sci-fi? Is it LOGH or 2003 BSG hard (as in everything can be explained by either existing science or existing theories) or is it a little looser on technology so long as it can be explained in a believable manner.

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:10 pm

The Monville Order wrote:Now, how ''hard' is the hard sci-fi? Is it LOGH or 2003 BSG hard (as in everything can be explained by either existing science or existing theories) or is it a little looser on technology so long as it can be explained in a believable manner.

Mostly it holds up as far as whether it's explainable in a believable way, but we'd prefer something based in realism.
I mostly borrow from the Game EVE Online for the basis of what I do; I just apply enough realism for it to be justified in-universe as possible, and more importantly, plausible.

This now-defunct thread should give you at least a vague interpretation of what we're okay with.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:40 pm

The Monville Order wrote:Now, how ''hard' is the hard sci-fi? Is it LOGH or 2003 BSG hard (as in everything can be explained by either existing science or existing theories) or is it a little looser on technology so long as it can be explained in a believable manner.

No one is expecting you to come up with the exact blue prints and and technical functionings of say, a dampening system for a fighter craft. What we would expect however, is that the dampening technology is mentioned to exist on the fighter craft, if that makes any sense?

Make an attempt to explain the workings of certain tech, especially the more controversial crazy ones that can't be accepted with simply 'It's the future'.

The Monville Order
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Monville Order » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:57 pm

NATION NAME: The Pradusian Republic

REASON FOR JOINING: It was initially decided that the Republic must expand and this system as chosen for colonisation until strange energy readings and maybe a distress call have changed this to a support mission for the innocents with slightly shady goals in the background.

DO YOU WISH TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE DEFINED CANON?: Defined canon as in the established history of the system, not really because this would be first contact for my people. Defined Canon as in what is evolving throughout the RP finishing as a joint canon then sure why not?

WHICH FACTION ARE YOU SUPPORTING?: Currently they will be acting more neutrally supporting both the rebels and the Alliance in less offensive ways mainly trying to keep the civilians out the way of the fighting. They'll also smuggle weapons to the rebels along with trainers and military advisors whilst legally offering similar services to the Alliance before eventually takong a defenite side.

IN-CHARACTER POPULATION: 327 billion people spread throughsixty five systems.

GOVERNMENT TYPE: Democratic Republic run in secret by the (long since officially disbanded) Monvillian Order who control the megacorps and a number of politicians.

DISPATCHED MILITARY FORCE, IF ANY: Initially it will be the Republic 4th fleet bnd the 3rd Army but more forces will be dispatched as necessary. Monvillian Order stealth vessels and agents will be sent in as needed though some will always be present or will arrive as corporate security forces.

RP SAMPLE: The only RP I've been in prior to this died in three posts including the OP though I did have a post almost ready to use that would be easy to repurpose for the RP (provided the rebels send out a call for assistance). It was for this RP and of you want me to post it then I will.

WHAT IS RULE 2?: No godmodding

WHAT IS RULE 5?: No godmodding

AND WHY DO WE HAVE THESE RULES?: So that the thread may be fully enjoyed by everyone.
Last edited by The Monville Order on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:01 pm

The Monville Order wrote:NATION NAME: The Pradusian Republic

SNIP

Hey, we have three concerns with your application at the moment. All of which I'm sure you can over come with a bit of willingness to comprimise.

Firstly, the number of systems and your population. The H&E Alliance has, at most 120 billion people across 24 systems. You outnumber everyone in this combined with 327 billion and sixty five systems. We would prefer if you lowered your numbers to perhaps 10-30 systems, the majority of which being outter planets and recourse areas, much like H&E. The population might be more appropriate around 70-150 billion. If we keep everyone roughly equal, no one starts putting 10% of their population into the military and stupid things like that.

Secondly is the lack of definitive politcal action or motivation on your part. You are allowed to support whoever you want or, potentially, with good enough reason, go by yourself. But you can't support two fighting sides at the same time. Especially when the H&E are a long established military that would laugh at you offering a few weapons and advisors. The rebels would gladly accept the offer but giving aid to the H&E would be like secretly sending a dozen officers and a few thousand rifles to the US Marines fighting the '06 Iraq Insurgency. They have plenty of training, equipment and supplies already.

Third is that I would like to read your RP, whether you want to post it here under a spoiler tag to avoid clutter or TG both myself and Free Terra with it, is up to you. Thanks!

The Monville Order
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Monville Order » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Senata Populus Que Caelum wrote:
The Monville Order wrote:NATION NAME: The Pradusian Republic

SNIP

Hey, we have three concerns with your application at the moment. All of which I'm sure you can over come with a bit of willingness to comprimise.

Firstly, the number of systems and your population. The H&E Alliance has, at most 120 billion people across 24 systems. You outnumber everyone in this combined with 327 billion and sixty five systems. We would prefer if you lowered your numbers to perhaps 10-30 systems, the majority of which being outter planets and recourse areas, much like H&E. The population might be more appropriate around 70-150 billion. If we keep everyone roughly equal, no one starts putting 10% of their population into the military and stupid things like that.

Secondly is the lack of definitive politcal action or motivation on your part. You are allowed to support whoever you want or, potentially, with good enough reason, go by yourself. But you can't support two fighting sides at the same time. Especially when the H&E are a long established military that would laugh at you offering a few weapons and advisors. The rebels would gladly accept the offer but giving aid to the H&E would be like secretly sending a dozen officers and a few thousand rifles to the US Marines fighting the '06 Iraq Insurgency. They have plenty of training, equipment and supplies already.

Third is that I would like to read your RP, whether you want to post it here under a spoiler tag to avoid clutter or TG both myself and Free Terra with it, is up to you. Thanks!

The first point is perfectly acceptable and I'm perfectly willing to cut it down to around 97 billion people spread across 18 systems. It's something I never had fully worked out though everthing else was already worked out.

As far as the political motivations for being there go they ultimately want either a friendly government (in the form of the H&E) or a small fledgeling government that the Order can manipulate from the shadows as usual. I'm slightly rethinking my interaction with the H&E to be more along the lines of sending troops in with theirs under the pretense of wanting to help but being unable to do more without the approval of the Council, sort of like a false-flag op the troops would be in someone elses uniform or dressed as a merc outfit brought in for support.

The purpose for this would be twofold, by fighting alongside H&E forces the Pradusian military gains valuable insights into the minds of H&E officers and how their troops opperate as a precautionary measure whilst also showing the Order how well the rebels are taking in what they're being taught. The presence of Pradusian weapons would also give the Order justification to have certain individuals 'taken care of' for supplying weapons to an enemy force in a time of conflict. In the end it all suits the goals of the Order and gives the republic it's first interstellar friends.

The post itself was unfinished because Christmas gave me no time to myself. It was intended to read as a secure datalog in the Orders mainframe and as something aking to a prequal of the main posts which would follow. The missing part was a video recording taken in the private quarters of the General of the Cross regarding the message.

Accessing Monvillian Order secure communications logs
Access Granted. Please submit query.

Access logs pertaining to receipt of unidentified distress transmission 338-XR 13

Access restricted. Enter Secure Access Code.

Access Granted. Welcome General of the Cross [REDACTED].

Reminder: Revealing the nature or content of the following messages to those without level 30 clearance is punishable by death.

Loading first logged message.

Message Begins

Sender: Agent 3774382, Lieutenant Aiden Roberts
Location: Deep Space Listening Post 13 between System AZ-457 and the Draalbi system

Recipient: Guardian Sebastian Turner
Location: Enigma Station, positioned between Redacted and Redacted
Subject: Unidentified alien distress call detected

Sir, my communications staff picked up the attached message as part of a repeating loop which terminated after a fifth fragmented repeat. Message indicates that its senders are in an extremely precarious situation and require immediate assistance. I ask that you make your reply as promptly as you can, my men are becoming suspicious and my Commander has deigned that all all communications go through him starting tomorrow.

Message Ends

Listen to attached audio file?

No

Confirmed. Loading next message.

Error.

Next logged segment is a classified security record attached by General of the Cross Redacted regarding conversation between General of the Cross Redacted and Guardian Sebastian Turner. View Footage?

Yes

Access Restricted. Enter Secure Access Code.

Access Granted. Loading record.

Record end. Loading next message.

Message Begins

Sender: Guardian Sebastian Turner

Recipient: Knight 1328, President Olivier Regal
Subject: Orders regarding intercepted distress call

You are instructed to immediately act upon the call when you receive it. Immediately call a council meeting and motion for the provision of military advisors for both sides in the conflict and for the provision of supplies to the rebel forces. These supplies shall include weapons currently available for civilian use, military ration packs and medicine. Given the nature of the message it is essential that these supplies be delivered urgently thus you must push the vote, our allies will support you as they are required to.

Further contact shall be made from location 13 as detailed in the annual briefing.

Message Ends

Loading final message.

Message Begins

Sender: Guardian Sebastian Turner

Recipient: Agent 3774382, Lieutenant Aiden Roberts
Location: Deep Space Listening Post 13 between System AZ-457 and the Draalbi system
Subject: Intercepted alien message and impending discovery

Immediately pass the message to your Commander and prepare for evacuation. In 48 hours the stations reactor will begin to suffer a meltdown from a previously undetected fault in the shields responsible for plasma containment. When the alarm sounds immediately proceed to escape pod 11 and launch, the internal sensors shall not pick you up nor shall the launch register until the evacuation is ordered. A stealth vessel shall pick you up and leave behind an escape pod that has suffered from sudden de-pressurization from faulty seals and you shall be reassigned.

Message Ends

Logs complete. Do you wish to access additional records?

No. Log out

Confirmed. Goodbye General of the Cross [Redacted].

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Well that solves two major issues.

AS for your alignment in this thread, I can assure you of some things:
1: The rebels will be a very hush-hush issue to Non-Alliance nations. Those who support the Alliance would only be called in against the extraterrestrial threat.
2: The rebels are a group of about 7 factions from different ideologies all vying for freedom. Think of the current issue with all the factions in Syria mixed with the goal that the Ukrainian separatists have.
3: Picking a single side in this will bode better for you in the long-run, since, well, after a victor is decided, cat's out of the bag. If you help the rebels and the Alliance wins, expect the secret of you supplying them to be found out.
Also, thinking out loud about it, how would you sneak supplies to heavily-monitored planets without interception? Whatever, anyways, I have a question to ask.

Are you ALSO a human nation?
Last edited by Free Terra on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

The Monville Order
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Monville Order » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:06 pm

Free Terra wrote:Well that solves two major issues.

AS for your alignment in this thread, I can assure you of some things:
1: The rebels will be a very hush-hush issue to Non-Alliance nations. Those who support the Alliance would only be called in against the extraterrestrial threat.
2: The rebels are a group of about 7 factions from different ideologies all vying for freedom. Think of the current issue with all the factions in Syria mixed with the goal that the Ukrainian separatists have.
3: Picking a single side in this will bode better for you in the long-run, since, well, after a victor is decided, cat's out of the bag. If you help the rebels and the Alliance wins, expect the secret of you supplying them to be found out.
Also, thinking out loud about it, how would you sneak supplies to heavily-monitored planets without interception? Whatever, anyways, I have a question to ask.

Are you ALSO a human nation?

For learning about the rebels I'm thinking of something along the lines of a partially garbled transmission that was one of the few that got out before the Alliance jammed or removed whatever long-range comms capacity the rebels had.

The differentiation of the groups will be something of a horse show for the Order with the better, more agreeable and more successful groups getting a little more whilst the others are left to die out trying to please mysterious benefactors who no longer care for their cause. It's the basic logic of the Order, pit all the choices against one another, kill off the worst candidates and support the best until they start to falter.

The people actally running the supplies and advisors are Order controlled smugglers. Essentially civilians with no formal ties bar those to the Order which officially doesn't exist meaning that what they send is at least five generations behing current military gear (six behind the Order and the megacorps) and is buyable by any mook with enough credits to burn.

The ships they would be using are old stealth ships ostensibly sold to private security contractors who want to sit hidden along shipping lanes to ambush pirates threatening their companies shipping interets. In reality though the highest bidders were often either the pirates they were sold to protect against or smugglers who routinely sneak under the local garrisons sensors to smuggle drugs or other illegal items about the place.

The Pradusians will slowly send more to help the Alliance until a certain point is reached at which point the Republic will side with the Alliance fully whilst the smugglers will get caught after having (supposedly) been under surveilance for quite some time and will be tried for treason whilst the (former war criminals) advisors will be executed for treason after already being known war criminals.

And to clarify, yes, my people are humans from the slightly lower gravity world of Pradus.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Just to clarrify, your government will be assisting the H&E with the intent to win and assisting the Rebels with the intent to blame certain politicians and have them removed and executed to clear up the political spectrum in your government? Makes sense, just make sure that in the RP it is very, very, clear that this is in fact your intent. Secrets and ambiguity will only cause problems for the entire RP

The Monville Order
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Monville Order » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Senata Populus Que Caelum wrote:Just to clarrify, your government will be assisting the H&E with the intent to win and assisting the Rebels with the intent to blame certain politicians and have them removed and executed to clear up the political spectrum in your government? Makes sense, just make sure that in the RP it is very, very, clear that this is in fact your intent. Secrets and ambiguity will only cause problems for the entire RP

That is the basics of it yes though the government itself isn't assisting the rebels. It's something akin to the AC Templars, they never really went away just kept pushing their own strange and twisted agenda from the shadows of famous politicians and corporate heads at the expense of everyone else. But you explained the basics of the situation well and I'll make sure that you all know what's going on OOCly even if there are things hidden from characters in the IC.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:14 pm

The Monville Order wrote:
Senata Populus Que Caelum wrote:That is the basics of it yes though the government itself isn't assisting the rebels. It's something akin to the AC Templars, they never really went away just kept pushing their own strange and twisted agenda from the shadows of famous politicians and corporate heads at the expense of everyone else. But you explained the basics of the situation well and I'll make sure that you all know what's going on OOCly even if there are things hidden from characters in the IC.

After consulting with my colleague, I have a request to make. Currently we have no logical way for pretty much any other human race to exist in this galaxy in our canon. OS was in the last RP we did and that kind of got wedged in somehow. So I want to know how you might feel about playing an alien race? You don't have to if you don't want to, that's completely okay. But for the sake of canon, it would be a bit better. If you choose to play alien we can start as soon as the IC thread is drafted, checked and posted. Otherwise we'll have to wait for a dedicated alien player just so it's a little more diverse. It's completely up to you, we won't kick you or anything based on your decision

The Monville Order
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Monville Order » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Senata Populus Que Caelum wrote:
The Monville Order wrote:

After consulting with my colleague, I have a request to make. Currently we have no logical way for pretty much any other human race to exist in this galaxy in our canon. OS was in the last RP we did and that kind of got wedged in somehow. So I want to know how you might feel about playing an alien race? You don't have to if you don't want to, that's completely okay. But for the sake of canon, it would be a bit better. If you choose to play alien we can start as soon as the IC thread is drafted, checked and posted. Otherwise we'll have to wait for a dedicated alien player just so it's a little more diverse. It's completely up to you, we won't kick you or anything based on your decision

I can put something together, brainstormings something I can do quite well. Maximum similarity I would go with would be around about Batarian/Tellarite/Turianesque i.e. Humanoid build with at most something kind of resembling a human face. I'll give it a nice hard think and have a race in a day or two.

One alien civilization coming up.

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Thank you for cooperating. It's just that there's a bit of a lore behind this RP's setting.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Just gonna bump the thread so that we keep interest, I've got most of the OP done.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:19 am

Quick question, what is y'alls opinion on laser rifles and are we a hard MT environment or is handwavium allowed?
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:50 am

Organized States wrote:Quick question, what is y'alls opinion on laser rifles and are we a hard MT environment or is handwavium allowed?

I think the rule of cool applies here to some extent in the form of "The Rule of Tech" is so far as, if you can make some semi-sensical tech related jargon about how the floating tech you use so much uses vapourized magnets held in place to create a field to hold up the object or whatever, that's fine. The more important to the plot, the more explanation is needed. No one really cares about how the holographic display works in the Bridge, but we do care about the huge particle accelerator cannon that curves space-time and gives presents to the good little boys and girls.

Laser rifles are fine, just make sure that they are limited by the atmosphere and reflective armour. stuff like that which makes it more real

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:26 pm

DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Posted

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents