NATION

PASSWORD

Dire, Dire Straits [MT, IC, Atlas]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Acronius
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Dire, Dire Straits [MT, IC, Atlas]

Postby Acronius » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:28 pm

DIRE, DIRE STRAITS

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix

Alpha Warfare Group Training Compound
Truffordham, Flaxen Mountains, Free Union of Acronius
22nd AWG Regiment

"New year, new dawn, eh?" An unpleasant mixture of rain and snow splattered against the black attack helicopters idly strewn parked in the muddy grass at the compound - the absence of helipads was no problem.

"Good news first. World's in great shape. Al-Qaria assassinated President Whittemore in Whitebay, Vice-President Lellouche took over office. He's deploying three AWG regiments to Qauwa to get rid of al-Qaria presence there. That's where we come in."

"Target?"

"Brahim Al-Namru. Leader of al-Qaria's troops in Qauwa, he's the SSA's most wanted man in Alfashir. Smuggled thousands of weapons into the Casaran Islands in '90, high up in al-Qaria command. Word on the street says he's plotting to topple al-Fulani's government in the country. There's even a nuclear device at stake. Intel's keeping an eye on him."

"Just another day at the office. What's the bad news?"

"We've got a new guy joining the team today. Straight out of selection. Name's Klepto."

"Bloody hell... eh, he'll do. Get the rest of the team. We're going to Qauwa."

The War Room, National Hall
Lionsgate, Sheridan Island, Free Union of Acronius
President Roland Lellouche

It was the first time in 32 years that the Acronian French Party had held office. The party's last departure from the Desk of the President took place under Cyril Geiger's tenure, as the Casaran Uprising in 1988 made war in Acronius see light once more. Three decades and a bit later, Roland Lellouche was there to finish the job. The former left-hand man of Rory Whittemore under the latter's short time as President, Lellouche had wasted none of his twenty-four hours as President - relentlessly contacting his counterparts in Qauwa and Ségo following Parliament and Senate's approval of putting special forces on ground to pick off a few al-Qaria operatives and strongholds.

The Free Union's newest president exited a black SUV into the blistering cold of Acronian Januaries, biting back against the cold to discuss the deployment with Adil al-Fulani, Qauwa's president. "Three-thousand men, President. We're thinking of entering via Durkesh, and - hello?" Lellouche removed the phone from his ear and looked at the screen, which indicated an ended call terminated from the other end of the line. Odd, he thought - but al-Fulani had nonetheless given his approval of the operation, meaning that three regiments of the Elite Infantry Corps' Alpha Warfare Group - what most consider to be the top of the top in the Acronian military - were going to be invading Qauwa from Acronian bases in Ségo.

Of the billions of humans on Earth, only a small dozen knew of Operation Ghost Zone. Lellouche, accompanied by Minister of Defense Blitroff, Supreme Commander Faubourg, and an array of assorted military officials were seated in velvet chairs facing a live streaming of AWG troops in sleek attack helicopters advancing through the desolate desert landscape of Alfashir to the southern border of Qauwa, projected onto a widescreen television. Qauwa, a weak nation compared to most other countries in Atlas, was a nation crawling with al-Qaria activity, and the city of Durkesh was a bastion of terrorism. Evading RPG positions on rooftops, the formation of ten attack helicopters swerved over the war-torn buildings of the city before all stopping midair, hovering in the same spot to allow their soldiers to disembark and rappel down into the sand.

As some of the most important figures in Acronius continued to spectate the battle unfold in silence, their concentration was temporarily broken by a seemingly-worried courier rushing into the room to the President and his subordinates.

"Sir... Brahim al-Namru just executed President al-Fulani on national television...", he said hesitantly, addressing the President.

Lellouche slowly turned his head from the screen and concentrated an iron gaze into the eyes of the understandably-nervous messenger.

"Intel has also confirmed that al-Qaria under al-Namru subsequently... uh... took control of Qauwa.", he continued.

"Took control?", Lellouche asked, his tone low, quiet, and dead-serious. "Be more specific."

"Er... a coup d'état, sir... a successful coup d'état on al-Fulani's government. Al-Qaria essentially... runs Qauwa now."

Everyone in the room had turned way from the screen by now, anxiously observing Lellouche or staring at their feet.

"A coup d'état...", the President muttered, deep in pensive thought. Looking up after a few seconds of silence only interrupted by the muffled gunfire coming from the streaming, the President looked at the Minister of Defense, then at the Supreme Commander.

"We're going to need more than just three regiments over there."
Last edited by Acronius on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

THE UNION OF ACRONIAN KINGDOMS
President Jules Patry · Vice-President César Villeneuve · Minister of Internal Affairs Angus Moss
Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Pierre Marceau · Head of Parliament Michel Lancolf · Chief Justice George Proudfoot

AbCo · ADS · Atlas · IATA · IFC · IIWiki

Champions: Emperor's Cup II
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 65, Di Bradini Cup 36/U21 World Cup 57
Semifinals: NationStates Chess Classic I
Quarterfinals: Emperor's Cup I
Playoffs: World Cup 73

Valdiu
Minister

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:46 pm

War Room
21 Prevale High Underground Complex, Prevale, Valdiu
8:06 AM

Sterling rarely came to the war room unless war was necessary. Most of the covert RIA actions that had been taking place sporadically had been plotted and overseen from his desk in the upper floor in the southeast facade - even that being a formality. RIA was clearly capable of operating in its own capacity. They hadn't lost a single man.

He expected today to be the same. No public events taking place today. He cracked a wry, groggy smile. He didn't have to wear that stiff suit.

His room had a nice view of the bay. The resplendent morning sun glinted off the harbor's waters and into his room, illuminating it a beautiful gold. He stood in front of the window for a moment, admiring what a beautiful country he ran.

But still, he had work to do. He stationed himself in front of his dresser and selected the day's attire - a black USS Prevale souvenir t-shirt and some comfortable jeans. Not what you'd expect a president to wear, but this was a President of the Republic of Valdiu, who had a history of... unique presidents.

He changed and exited his room into the grand hallway. Two SPD agents stood outside the door, black suits and sunglasses, pistols neatly kept in holsters. Sterling pitied them. To stand outside an old man's room all day and look tough had to be the most boring job in the world. "Morning, boys," he greeted them curtly. "Good morning, Mister President." They greeted him in unison without looking at him. The SPD chumps down at the base at the bottom of the hill had it easier. They lounged and polished the three tanks they kept there 'just in case'.

His family's personal chef stood attentively to their side, white double-breasted uniform and mushroom cloud hat with red ascot. "Good morning, Roger. I'm thinking a medium rare pot roast with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy." "Right away, sir." He scurried into the next room towards the stairs. Sterling gesture to an aide. "I'd like my coffee, please, third milk and teaspoon and a half of sugar." The aide nodded and scurried after the chef.

He entered the briefing room across the hall from him. The briefing room was easily the most technologically advanced room technically in the mansion. Close friend and Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright sat there. "Morning, Mitch," he said, sitting down at the desk at the end of the wide, ovoid table. It had nine chairs, facing a wide bank of screens. Eric Oldson, the Federal Liaison to the Defense Committee of the Republic, stood at the head. "Morning, Eric. What do you have for me today?" Oldson opened his mouth to stammer. He was nervous. "It's bad, isn't it? You're jittery today."

Oldson sighed. "Yes, sir, it is. We just received word that the opening of St. Leonard's Cathedral in Whitehall, Brytene was bombed by Al-Qaria. Normally, we would send our condolences, review our internal security again, and go forward with caution, but," Oldson looked down anxiously.
"Spit it out. What is it?"
"Sir, Daniel Robertson, our Ambassador to Brytene, was killed in the blast, along with Acronian President Rory Whittemore."
"What? Daniel's dead?"
"A-and, that's not all, sir. Al-Qaria completed a coup d'etat in Qauwa today. They basically have full power. The Acronians have notified us of their intent to invade. Our agents have confirmed these reports, and report possible special operations activities."
"Is that everything?"
"Opposition to your marriage equality platforms continue to grow slowly, though it's still supported by a vast majority, though I have a feeling that the current events take point."
"Fuck. War room day it is."

War Room
21 Prevale High Underground Complex, Prevale, Valdiu
8:47 AM

The War Room was austere, lit by four fluorescent lights with a bank of monitors at the front. Sitting there was the Defense Committee of the Republic, the four generals of the major service branches and Malcolm Stockton, director of intelligence.
"Give me a strategic analysis."
Major General Doyle, an easy, Brytene-born general, stood up. "Al-Qaria occupies the whole of Qauwa. Reports indicate that support and control in its neighboring countries continues to grow. The Acronians have indicated their intent to invade with a few regiments. The VCS Reach is currently in Huda and can be stationed off the shore of Qauwa within a few days, if we want to go that route."
Sterling stopped him. "Hold on, Don. Let's not jump to conclusions here. Why should we declare war?"

"Aside from the fact that 5,138 Valdians, a PHALANX president, and our Brytisc ambassador are dead? Let's face it. Al-Qaria has overstayed their welcome on this planet," Doyle replied.
"I have been tussling with this decision for three weeks. The decision to send our young men to die fighting isn't a light one. What air forces do we have in the area?"
"As I've said, several Peregrines aboard the Reach."
"Obviously."

Major General Alton G. Miller piped up. "Our Sde Dovian aircraft are more than capable of reaching the target. Strategic and tactical non-nuclear missiles are available."
Fleet Admiral Richard "Dick" Simmons spoke next. "I've taken the liberty of vectoring two destroyers to hover just above the tectonic boundary. We can support any possible operations."

Sterling looked down at the table and drummed on the solid oak desk. The bank of monitors at the head of the room was focused on northern Alfashir, showing Al-Qaria influence and Valdian forces in the area.

"I know we need to take action, but I'm not ready to send ground troops. Vector the Reach and her air group to southern Sde Dov. Meanwhile, spool up a small invasion force - a battalion, maybe. Make sure it's tough and heavily armored. , I'm ordering you to piece together an Alfashir taskforce in case we need men. Alton and Dick, prep the Reach's pilots for combat status. Malcolm, piece together a target list. Mitch, pressure the Acronians for more intel. If they won't budge, Malcolm, tell our Acronian agents to ramp up activity. I want to know exactly what they're doing.

Alton, make sure those pilots have as little risk as getting shot down as possible. I want safest air corridors, lightest defended targets, if it keeps our boys safe, you make it happen. Do you understand me? I want preparations for a low-personnel, high-intensity, high-stakes strategic war made immediately. This is all the action we will take for now. If you have ideas, I want them sent up to me immediately. I will be deciding whether boots will be on the ground within the day. Mitch, get Amy on the line. Ask her to gauge how the Senate supports a war. I can't do this without their blessing. Furthermore, offer economic and symbolic aid to the Acronians. A few million Arians, a few truckloads of flowers, whatever. Whittemore was a great man, but we can't afford to dwell on grief right now. Are we clear?"

They could tell Sterling was frustrated and pensive. His speech was... tense. Driven. Fast and clear. "I take your silence as a yes." he said daggrously.

POSSIBLE ORDER OF BATTLE
  • VCS Reach Carrier Battle Group
    • Second Carrier Air Wing
      • 35 F-36 Peregrines
      • 10 unnamed attack aircraft
      • 5 unnamed AEW aircraft
      • 5 unnamed cargo aircraft
    • 5 Merited-class destroyers
    • 2 Astute-class submarines
  • 2 Merited-class destroyers
  • Undecided Valdian Armored Infantry Battalion
    • 30 Ironsides IIIs
    • ~2,500 combat troops

- REPUBLIC OF VALDIU -
~ Onward Audaciously ~

DIRECTORY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

ENCRYPTION: MAXIMUM | HIGH | MEDIUM | LOW | [NONE] |

ADDRESSED TO: WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, ACRONIUS

SUBJECT: CONDOLENCES

It is with great sadness the Valdian government was informed of President Rory Whittemore's passing. President Whittemore was a great man and a great leader who we in Prevale looked up to, as well as a great friend and ally to us all.

We offer our greatest condolences in what must be a difficult time for your government and your nation. We would like to offer a gift of ₳5,000,000 (6,000,000 N$) in his memorial, as well as approximately ₳5,000 (6,000 N$) in rare Valdian mountain lilies.

Once again, we offer our condolences and bid President Whittemore farewell tearfully, and we wish you nothing but the best going forward.

~Mitchell Thromright
Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Director of the Embassy
mthromright@valdiu.vld

Republic of Valdiu
Onward Audaciously
Questions? Comments? Contact: public.inquiry@valdiu.vld
Contact the President: president@valdiu.vld

All objects, symbols, and formats contained herein this communique are copyright © 2003-2015 Republic of Valdiu. All rights reserved.

- REPUBLIC OF VALDIU -
~ Onward Audaciously ~

DEFENSE COMMITTEE OF THE REPUBLIC OF VALDIU

ENCRYPTION: [MAXIMUM] | HIGH | MEDIUM | LOW | NONE |

ADDRESSED TO: ACRONIAN MILITARY COMMAND

SUBJECT: ACRONIAN OPERATIONS IN QAUWA

Once again, I must offer my condolences on President Whittemore's passing.

However, now is not a time in which we must dwell on grief - there are too many horrible things happening in the world, things that must be curbed immediately if we are to prevent future occurrences such as that.

We are sending a Carrier Battle Group to aid operations in Qauwa via aerial operations.

The Defense Committee of the Republic requests additional information regarding Acronian operations in Qauwa, including troop movements, positions, strategies, tactics, plans, equipment and numbers so that we may better plan our own operations for the greatest efficiency.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

~Mitchell Thromright
Director of the Embassy
DoFFOTROV@V̢̨̯̱̣̦͚̦͚̻̱̥͛ͦ̇ͮ͌̋͋ͥ̿̿ͤͩ͌͒ͅÅ̸̵̢̨̪̫͎̮̳͎͔̘̖̑ͧ̑̑̊ͥͥ͌͌L̸̒̒͛̅ͣ͗͏̼̫͕̙͚̤̟̳̤̩͉͇̮̱̤̮ͅC̨̢̧̜̥͍̰̰̟͓̦͖̱̦͓̰͙̬̫̫̥̞͗̅̂̃̀ͪͯ̇ͭͦͣͤ͢͡E̮̮̺̼̳̼͖͔̞̿ͪ̒̍̔ͤ̉͜͠Ǹ̢̉̋̀ͧ̏̈́̐ͤͣ҉͓̬̤͉̳̟̳Ţ͉̺̩͚̝̗̺̦̮͔̖͕̹̹͙̳͑͒͂ͩͮͦ͝͞N̛̲̪̮͎̟͉̯͙͔̠͔̍ͮ̊̆̀̈̆̆̉͑̀͂̌̐ͬ̃ͬͦ̓͠Ḛ̦͓̜̜͈̰̞ͬ͑̄̃͆͊̽̂̓̓̔͑͐̎́͜T̨̛ͣ͛̉̍͑̋̌̚̚͡҉̹̙͓͖͙̖͉̪͖͓̯͉̳͘..̛̪̪̦̱̳̫͇ͭͧ̀͢v̶̨̫̯̮͍̣͇̞͙͕ͪ̓l̛ͩ̎͐̓͏̼͖͚̣̱̱d͔̜̹̘̳̭̙͇̑̈́̈́́̈̿́
Direct Mail: DoFFOTROV@Republic.vld[/i]
Office: DirectoryofForeignAffairs@Republic.vld

Republic of Valdiu
Onward Audaciously

All objects, symbols, and formats contained herein this communique are copyright © 2003-2015 Republic of Valdiu. All rights reserved.
Last edited by Valdiu on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| [0] | [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] |
[Mobilization Underway]
Population: 32,263,671
Military size: ~350,000, T3R: 2.7/1
The Republic of Valdiu
16-year old and social democrat
Jazz trombonist, cynic and student journalist
I enjoy CS:GO.
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-
Currently Playing | Mr. Rogers 2020

Acronius
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acronius » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:01 pm

"Oo-rah!"
Durkesh, Jenubun Province, New Republic of Qauwa
22nd AWG Regiment

"GO, GO, GO!" Cpt. John Franklin' voice was muffled by the spinning propellers of the Carloso-made Mangosta H-87 helicopter dropping them off at the Landing Zone. Armed with Acronian Stradivari assault rifles, Team Three, surrounded by hundreds of soldiers from the AWG approached the city walls on foot, stacking up on the gate. "Jameson, set the charge!" the Private obeyed, placing a cylindrical explosive device on the gate. "On my mark... BLOW IT! MOVE FORWARD!" a cloud of thick smoke became the city of Durkesh's welcoming for the Acronian troops, who were also instantly met by a barrage of bullets raining down on them like the sleet and snow of Acronius' winters.

"BEHIND COVER! ON YOUR FEET KLEPTO, LET'S GO!" the Captain shouted, dragging the dazzled new recruit behind a pile of bricks. "COMMAND, WE ARE HEAVILY OUTNUMBERED AND RECEIVING HEAVY FIRE FROM FORTIFIED POS- GRENADE!" a timely leap saved Team
Three's leader from certain death, but he was still dazed and on the ground, unresponsive. "CAPTAIN!", someone shouted. RPGs on the rooftops wasted no time dealing with the daring soldiers advancing up the dusty road. The explosions rumbled the ground, replacing Franklin's five senses with a nasty mixture of blood-stained shrapnel whipping through the street.

"CAPTAIN FRANKLIN!", the soldier shouted again. This time, Franklin mustered enough sense to turn his head to the soldier, who was replaced by a black crater in the ground an explosion later. "SHIT! SINCLAIR!" Jameson shouted, daring to take a glance away from the road. A voice came out of the soldiers' earpieces. "Dammit Hotel Three, speak to me. What the hell's going on down there?" More cries and explosions interrupted anyone from answering.

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE, ORDERS, CAPTAIN?" The team's leader finally wriggled out of his trance, taking a few seconds to process everything before snapping back to his usual, war-hardened soldier self. "Er, hold... hold the line! Wait for the choppers to take out the positions! ", he ordered, before grabbing his mic. "Apex Five-Two, this is Hotel Three. We are heavily outnumbered and taking heavy fire from fortified positions in the building a hundred meters north of us." "Roger that, Hotel Three. Took you long enough. We're coming in hot."

And with that, the Mangosta helicopter descended onto the street, a couple dozen meters above Team Three's heads, before unleashing a barrage of bullets onto the building. "Uh... Two, you see anything down there?" Piles of rubble, shattered glass and dead bodies were all to see in the charred building. "Nah, pretty sure we got 'em all."

The men and women in the War Room had moved from watching the attack on Durkesh to talking about supplementary forces being sent to Qauwa. Opposite from Roland Lellouche, sat César Villeneuve. Formerly the Head of Internal Affairs under Whittemore, now Vice-President of the Free Union and Lellouche's left-hand man. To his left, Wolf Blitroff, the Minister of Defense - an average, white-haired man in his early fifties, his somewhat calm and relaxed composure juxtapositioned against the dead air at the table. In stark contrast to Blitroff, the razor-sharp Supreme Commander of the Acronian Military Forces, Auguste Faubourg, along with his four of his major deputies: the Chief of the Army Force, the Chief of the Sky Force, the Chief of the Naval Force, and the Chief of the Special Forces, a mysterious figure only known as Kahuna.

The group had already decided that the invasion would evolve to remain a mainly land-based military operation with air and water support: except that a quarter of the entire V Legion, which would equate to around 25,000 men, would be supporting the three Advanced Warfare Group regiments already in the country, with two more AWG regiments being sent as well to form Task Force Songbird. It was then that the same courier that had delivered news of al-Fulani's death reentered the room and made his way to Lellouche once more.

"Sir, the Valdians have sent us a communique. It's related to the incident." Lellouche took the tablet from the messenger's extended hand. Raising an eyebrow at the message, he dismissed the the messenger and turned to his subordinates at the table.

"The Valdians are sending us aerial support in Operation Ghost Zone. They'll be sending in a Carrier Battle Group, looks like that's it. They're also asking for details on the operation. Troop movement, strategy, equipment, numbers - that kind of stuff. I'm not giving them much more than just surface-scraping in every category. Unless we're creating an international coalition with anyone else, there's little need for that kind of info to get passed on to anyone else other than the people sitting at this table."

✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢

.:FREE UNION OF ACRONIUS:.
N E M OXXXMEXXXI M P U N EXXXL A C E S S I T
From the desk of the President of the Free Union of Acronius
✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: -MAXIMUM- • HIGH • MEDIUM • LOW • NONE
RECIPIENT: -DEFENSE COMMITTEE OF THE REPUBLIC OF VALDIU-, PREVALE, VALDIU
SUBJECT: RE: -ACRONIAN OPERATIONS IN QAUWA-

Greetings to whom it may concern within the esteemed Defense Committee of the Republic of Valdiu.

Your request for information has been received. Three regiments of the Elite Infantry Corps' Advanced Warfare Group have been sent to Qauwa already. Their original goals was to neutralize several al-Qaria positions across the country. However, following the coup-d'état in Qauwa which I am sure you are aware of, we will be organizing a larger task force to send to the nation in order to wholly eliminate al-Qarian-controlled Qauwa, via a mostly land-based attack force.

A quick and strong push towards the capital city from the south will ensure a facilitation of destroying al-Qaria strongholds in cities such as Al-Fuqaha, Adiri, Tamanrasset, Najran, and Dammaj, until a final push to the capital, Murzuq. Heavy and light artillery combined with a hundred or so Trocadero MBTs will be assisting the ground troops in the operation.

Regards,
Roland Lellouche, President of the Free Union of Acronius
Last edited by Acronius on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

President Jules Patry · Vice-President César Villeneuve · Minister of Internal Affairs Angus Moss
Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Pierre Marceau · Head of Parliament Michel Lancolf · Chief Justice George Proudfoot

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:38 pm

"Sir, Acronians have replied. They're giving us jack," said Thromright, typing away at his laptop.
Sterling looked over, still toiling over the decision whether to send the battalion romping in, guns ablaze. "Tell Malcolm to get us all relevant information while still retaining secrecy of our Acronian agents."
"Yessir."

- REPUBLIC OF VALDIU -
~ Onward Audaciously ~

ADDRESSED TO: ACRONIAN MILITARY COMMAND

SUBJECT: RE: RE: ACRONIAN OPERATIONS IN QAUWA

We have received your communique.

I would like to inform you that we have stood up an armored infantry battalion to aid a possible amphibious invasion of Qauwa, should the Defense Committee of the Republic deem it necessary. Additionally, Reconnaissance, Infiltration, and Assault teams are available for special target elimination and stealth special operations.

The Strategic Intelligence Agency and the International Security and Intelligence Service have assembled a list of targets by priority. We would appreciate it if you sent us your list of targets to minimize collateral damage and maximize efficiency.

~Mitchell Thromright
Director of the Embassy
DoFFOTROV@V̢̨̯̱̣̦͚̦͚̻̱̥͛ͦ̇ͮ͌̋͋ͥ̿̿ͤͩ͌͒ͅÅ̸̵̢̨̪̫͎̮̳͎͔̘̖̑ͧ̑̑̊ͥͥ͌͌L̸̒̒͛̅ͣ͗͏̼̫͕̙͚̤̟̳̤̩͉͇̮̱̤̮ͅC̨̢̧̜̥͍̰̰̟͓̦͖̱̦͓̰͙̬̫̫̥̞͗̅̂̃̀ͪͯ̇ͭͦͣͤ͢͡E̮̮̺̼̳̼͖͔̞̿ͪ̒̍̔ͤ̉͜͠Ǹ̢̉̋̀ͧ̏̈́̐ͤͣ҉͓̬̤͉̳̟̳Ţ͉̺̩͚̝̗̺̦̮͔̖͕̹̹͙̳͑͒͂ͩͮͦ͝͞N̛̲̪̮͎̟͉̯͙͔̠͔̍ͮ̊̆̀̈̆̆̉͑̀͂̌̐ͬ̃ͬͦ̓͠Ḛ̦͓̜̜͈̰̞ͬ͑̄̃͆͊̽̂̓̓̔͑͐̎́͜T̨̛ͣ͛̉̍͑̋̌̚̚͡҉̹̙͓͖͙̖͉̪͖͓̯͉̳͘..̛̪̪̦̱̳̫͇ͭͧ̀͢v̶̨̫̯̮͍̣͇̞͙͕ͪ̓l̛ͩ̎͐̓͏̼͖͚̣̱̱d͔̜̹̘̳̭̙͇̑̈́̈́́̈̿́

Republic of Valdiu
Onward Audaciously

- REPUBLIC OF VALDIU -
~ Onward Audaciously ~

ADDRESSED TO: MALCOLM STOCKTON, VALDIAN DIRECTOR OF INTELLIGENCE

SUBJECT: ACRONIUS

Malcolm, I've forwarded you the Acronians' response. This is in no way enough for us to stage any sort of operation. Tell the agents to ramp up operations in Acronius, but make sure they know their safety and secrecy is still our top priority.

~Mitchell Thromright
Director of the Embassy

Republic of Valdiu
Onward Audaciously

Last edited by Valdiu on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-

Brytene
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brytene » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Castle Oakhall, Brytene

"Piss and blood," snapped Cenwulf, leaning back in his chair, exasperated. Despite everything that had happened, it had been his intent to remain out of the globe-wide impulse to kick the stuffing out of Al-Qaria. Time and time again, he had followed the urgings of his general staff and opted to keep the war in the shadows, to send out intelligence assets and agents to apply the surgical scalpel of special operations.

Now, finally, in the aftermath of what the media was calling the 'Bloody Mass', he had no choice. It was time for the warhammer. He looked around at his Witen. Unusually, they were of almost one mind, other than the usual pacifistic objections of Hardrada, a member of the Green Party and Eorl of Wesseax, whose name ironically meant 'hard ruler'. Aoife and Isolde were both smouldering, indignant at the mindless bloodshed inflicted upon decent Brytisc folk. Sir Arthur Canillac was stony-faced, betraying no emotion, but he had to be burning with rage internally. His son was in hospital, his cathedral half in ruins, and his honoured guests butchered by terrorists who had descrated a Catholic Mass with their hate. And finally came Wulfrun One-Eye, the hulking giant from the mountains, scarred and craggy like the landscape that had spawned him. He had no hate. What emanated from him was sheer contempt. Cenwulf doubted that he had shed a tear over the death of Christ-worshippers, but an attack on Brytisc soil by Mohammedans was an affront to the ancient gods Wulfrun represented. It was he who replied, his sing-song accent half masked by the rumbling sound of his voice.

"We have no choice. We must strike. There must be payment in blood for these outrages."
Isolde spoke almost instantly afterwards. "Cenwulf, he's right. We can't let these bastards go untouched, not any more."

Isolde's hard-ass approach had softened somewhat as she had settled into the cameraderie of the Witenagmot, but she was still a war hawk at heart. What surprised him was Aoife, who had seen her share of blood. She seemed almost morose, but she too urged him to deploy the Fleet. It was four to one, and with the Thegn Rede and the national media clamouring for justice, it seemed that Cenwulf had little option...

Confederacy of Brytene
Into The Storm
To: President Roland Lellouche
Encryption: Military grade

RE: QUAWA AND AL-QARIA

Dear Mr President,

I would like to offer my sincerest sympathies for the devastating loss of President Whittemore, and my apologies for the oversights in intelligence which allowed it to happen on Brytisc soil. A mistake was made in allowing private religious concerns to override national security protocol, and now the Witenagmot has determined that Brytene must offer what assistance it can in bringing to justice the creatures behind such a foul, callous attack.

As such, I am authorising the CSG Victrix for immediate deployment to Qauwa in order to assist Acronian forces in locating and destroying Al-Qarian power centres. If you accept, then this carrier force will be attached to the Acronian general staff's Order of Battle.

Acting upon intelligence seized from the Manaagnwe Militia following the hijacking of Brytisc Airways Flight 244, we have ascertained that Al-Qaria have significant designs upon Brytene in the near future, and that Quawa is a major source of recruitment, training and equipment for the cells attempting to infiltrate Brytene. As such, Brytene will also be inserting R-DARK Ranger personnel into the area in order to further our intelligence goals.

Signed,
Cenwulf Teorell, on behalf of the Witenagmot and the people of Brytene
Bretwalda and Commander-in-Chief
Last edited by Brytene on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brytene is: centrist, pagan, democratic, free-market
Imperalizt Russia wrote:Being on fire will affect shot placement

Socialist Mercanda wrote:Incumbent Blessed Brytene, who is rumoured to be one of the many lovechildren made by Amin and his 69,420,666 wives has retired and we thank him for his glorious service to this region! Glory!

Imperial Nalydya wrote:Spent too much damn time with the nations of Laptev. The old professionals...
The Obi-Wan of New Atlas
My IIwiki is no longer 100% canon
pls contain your salt

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Farrah Air Force Base
Farrah, Huda
Southern Ocean Air Fleet

The RaV-34 pilots received a red alert. It would seem that a level one state of emergency was being emitted from Quawa. A state of emergency of this magnitude was uncertain - it either meant catastrophies happening, or a full scale invasion of the country. Roskian sensors had not detected military movement near the area, so it was uncertain the purpose of the alarm. Typically, there was a general phase down for such an alert, when level one became two, three, four, then five, meaning all was well. However, the state of emergency message ceased to exist. There was no level, one through five. Roskian military bases in Srpska, Versail, Huda, and Sde Dov were placed under high alert, fearing immediate catastrophies in the area. Then, when everything was though quiet, the news broke through. Hell was being risen in Quawa, and nobody exactly knew what was going on. Then, as things got more and more intense, and Roski had ordered mobilization in the area, on national television, and international television, the president of Quawa, al-Fulani, was executed.

RaV-34s prepared taking off sequence, which would fly over the Southern Ocean, going around Sde Dov, and launch air strikes on terrorist positions near the capitol building. This was the first step to a three tier system, the first which was limited air strikes, the second which was an aerial dominance campaign, linking up with units of the remnants of the Quawa military, and then the final step, which would introduce ground troops that would build up in Air Force bases in Sde Dov, Huda, and Versail. The Roskian 7th Infantry Division and the Roskian 3rd Armoured Division would deploy, with the latter part of the Roskian Army in Versail.

Queen Bee, runway two is ready for take off.
"Copy that."

The RaV-34, carrying 2 droptanks, its 30mm cannon, a targeting pod, 4 1,000 pound bombs, and four air-to-air missiles, taxied onto the runway, preparing itself for takeoff.

"This is Queen Bee, I'm ready for take off"
Copy that, waiting for airspace to clear

The pilot looked at his flaps, which he was pretty much just fucking around with at this point.
Queen Bee, you have the all clear. You are clear for takeoff.

The pilot pushed the thrust as far as it could go, and the plane began to speed up, quite rapidly. He pulled his stick up, and as he reached the takeoff speed, his plane lifted into the air. He easily cleared the runway, and began to fly away from the airfield at a rendevous point just south of Huda.

As he passed over the ocean, he experienced a slight hitch in his aircraft. This slight "hitch", in a multi-million dollar aircraft, was a cause for concern. As his mates joined the formation, he headed back to the base, looking to make sure the craft was safe before using it in a combat scenario.

Queen Bee, you are clear to land on runway three
"Understood"

He brought the aircraft down to 115 knots, landing on the runway. He taxied the plane over to engineering, where they could look at the problem, and hopefully fix it. He left the plane, and patted the wing as he jumped down. "Maybe next time girl," he stated, halfway sulking, before walking back to his barracks.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

New Hayabusa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayabusa » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:58 pm

ok, reserve

almost
The Great Kingdom
Dayashina
◤19 | Centre-Right◥

Asuryea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Asuryea » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Al-Shura expeditionary force
350 young insurgents
50 experienced insurgents
50 armed Toyotas

That's it for now...

THALAJ MOUNTAINS
ASURYEA-ZIARE BORDER

Five days earlier...
The man was being hunted by forces from across the world, which is why he had to be so careful as to hide in the mountains between Asuryea and its wayward province, Ziare. His name, of course, was Farak Darzi, the leader of Asuryean Islamist organization Al-Shura, which was fighting a secretly government funded insurgency against the Shia Muslims that inhabited part of Ziare. "I'm sorry that it was this hard to get here," Farak said to the men who had just arrived to his mountain house in a beat up pick up truck, two leaders from different cells. "But I'm sure you both understand why I have to live so out of the way of the big cities."

"Yes, it's understandable," the first man, codenamed Duke, said. "Shall we head inside?"

Farak nodded and the group of three went into the large house, which was quite luxurious for a house that was hidden in the mountains, and they sat down in the living room, which was decorated in modern fashion with a traditional Arab touch, most notably shown in the black flag hanging over the fireplace. "So, my assistants told me that you two have a proposal about sending an expeditionary force abroad. Is this correct?"

The second man, who was codenamed as Shadow, nodded. "Yes, we want to send a force to Qauwa, to the north. As you might know, our allies are facing increasingly bad odds and we can turn the tide by sending men. Not only that, but we can secure valuable resources to further our cause. "We know how to fight in terrain like this, moreso than the foreign forces, and they also have potential to become a recruiting base."

Farak took a deep breath, before speaking. "And what do you propose sending? We still have a lot of soldiers tied up in Ziare, and it doesn't help that we have to fight the Shia in Asuryea now, too."

"I suggest sending a unit of four hundred, and having them recruit more men while they're there," Duke suggested. "Like Shadow said, this country is potentially good for recruiting."

"I agree, and I approve this... This expedition. Operation Diamonds, we'll call it," said Farak. "Now go make preparations, and leave for Qauwa as soon as possible."
The Kingdom of Asuryea and the Republic of Ausylvania: Arab/Germanic kingdoms joined by a royal union

It's pronounced Assyria.

Korlsan
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korlsan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:23 am

Qauwan Interior
1200 Hours
Raketsu Chyo Suyo (Operation Still Ash)

The unmarked Korlsani-controlled helicopter landed in a deserted field in the Interior of the country, noted for being abundant in Al-Qaria militants. The wind blew across the 8-man team's faces as they stepped off the helicopter with it taking off as the last man took his step off. The helicopter returning to a Kwadaian marked ship (As in falsely marked) off the coast. The men examined the landscape around them, doing a quick reconnaissance before entering a quick paced move through the desert upon the captain's order via handsignal. The handheld squad radio, attached to the Captain's uniform as they walked through the desert towards the direction of a village in the distance, came to life.

"Zenchoke yes-jus, Al-Kaeri toji kyeneyo. Daloda gaeyo." The voice, though in static due to the distance between the captain and his unmarked location, spoke through.

"Pae, daloda gaeyo." The captain had replied giving for his men the signal to make their way to the village.

After a while of walking to the outskirts of the village, the soldiers hid their uniforms and donned local outfits and hid among the population, attempting to appear as travelers on pilgrimage. The troops met up by one of the more desolate parts of town and finally convened together in a hidden location.

The Captain looked to the men, "We have orders to examining Al-Qaria's movements in the area. We need to find these groups by the end of the week and establish full contact with their leadership." He would take a stick and draw a poorly made map on the ground. "Jyeoji Kyo, take your team to provide overwatch around this village and ensure the populace knows nothing about our existence within the area." Kyo saluted before asking, "Discretion concerning villagers who know our presence?" The Captain without looking at Kyo simply stated "Deal with them as necessary."

The team split into two groups of four with the Captain's team to move out further on their reconnaissance, taking their equipment with them and leaving Kyo in charge of the matters of retaining the secrecy of the operation in the region.

2300 Hours
Later that Night in the Village

As the operatives had established their headquarters in abandoned store building that had been for long dilapidated, the men were able to monitor the entire village via surveillance as the main team went to find Al-Qaria's true headquarters location. Kyo and his men had placed the cameras in place for the last two hours and had finally hooked up the surveillance set-up, meant to be minimal in size to keep both the weight down and the secrecy of the equipment from anyone who would want to find out. Korlsani forces were expected to be in naval location within a week's time to further the operation but everything was pre-planned a month prior to ensure that radio chatter would be on minimal for the operation or else the plan would be a failure. Kyo watched the camera feed with his two of his three comrades; Deikuo, Tyekai, and Dak being outdoors doing recon of the village buildings and potential Al-Qaria members. Dak had finally returned however, from his task.

Kyo, turned to Dak as he returned. "Dak, have you found anything that may hamper our efforts in the village?"

Dak just simply shook his hand from left to right. "No, there is no Al-Qarian elements within the village that could be of threat. Though, the locals already have found us appearing strange in nature due to looking 'different' and not like the locals."

Dak walked up to the set-up on the old table that held the mini-screens for the cameras with the others. Kyo finally spoke up after the five minute wait.

"Anyone who wants to sleep now may. We're beginning a shift system for the night. We're going to need the sleep as some information leads to Al-Qaria planning on being in the area in some time. We're not sure when, however, given the mismatching reports of the area. So sleep now, I'll take first shift and wake Tyekai in four hours. We will await Captain Kyeoti's return."

Huda
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:10 am

Brahim al-Namru.
Murzuq, Qauwa.

"Lend me your ears."

"Lend me your thoughts."

"Allah, the most merciful, the most almighty has taken interest to our cause, for he has given his blessings! The kuffar, al-Fulani had tried to steer us away from mosques, tried to steer us away from the path of Allah, the most merciful, and the most almighty. We have put an end to his life, and -" Brahim paused for a moment as one of the soldiers got up to his podium. "Forgive me for my interruption, sir, but we have a problem." The soldier whispered, trying not to stir attention.

"This cannot wait?"

"No."

"Forgive me, o believers, for the matters of the Khilafah have only begun and they may not end. Forgive me, for I may not have a chance to speak again." Brahim upsettingly spoke, getting off the podium. But, realizing he forgot a crucial step, he got back on.

"Takbir!" He yelled.

"Allahu Ackbar!" The crowd cheered.

"Takbir!" He yelled.

"Allahu Ackbar!" The crowd cheered.

Content, Brahim left the podium, leaving his right hand man, Khaled, in charge for preaching. In turn, Brahim left for the battered and destroyed Parliament building, where he met much of the Shura council. "As-salam-walaykum, brothers of the Khilafa!" Brahim remarked. The Shura council simply nodded in reply. "What is it that is so problematic that I myself had to appear in front of you?" Brahim asked, slightly irritated at the fact he was taken out from his preaching.

"Brother." One of the members began. "It seems the kuffar of Akhronias1 seem to be sending troops. Our men in Durkesh are being able to hold the apostates but we feel not for long. Our Khuraspian1 benefactors... along with Khurlsanian1 are trying to help, but we do not know how so. We must reach for help and in the mean time destroy the kuffar in Durkesh." The member said, eventually ending by drinking some water. Brahim was fuming. He started kicking every piece of rubble (which did indeed injure him quite a bit for the time being) but stopped soon enough.

"B-brother. Tell me our size at the moment." Brahim said. His face was red, even for being a Qauwan, red enough to be distinct from his regular tone. "Well... let's see here." Another member remarked, rummaging a makeshift drawer before finding a crumpled paper. "70,000 Lions of Qauwa, 3 HF-5 Patka, or Fireworks, 10 UH-1 Lu- Hueys, 40 T-74 tanks, and numerous armored vehicles ranging from pickup trucks and so." The member ended, following suit and drinking water. Brahim thought for a moment. "Fire mortars from Al-Fuqaha. Keep the ainfijar safe, it cannot go to their hands. Send in one HF-5 Patka loaded with bombs and drop hell on Durkesh. Send in 2,500 soldiers and take 50 trucks from here in Muzruq from the people and turn them into car bombs. Ask the remaining troops in Durkesh to booby trap the place." Brahim replied, leaving at once. The wise men in the council merely stroked their beards.

It was time for war.

1 Please note that these names are basically direct pronounciation.
President Zaheer Abbas.
Husseinabad, Huda.

"Breaking news: An attack in a Brytsic Cathedral leaves many dead, PHALANX President dies, handful of diplomatic individuals in the attack dead."

What the fuck? Zaheer thought, immediately getting up. It was already 9:00 PM in the night and he had just put his children to bed. Even as President, it never meant he had to be in office all the time. He shut the TV. "Chef? Can you do some hard work and make some quick tea for me?" I asked the chef, looking out of the window. Husseinabad. Glimmering and glorious, like it had always been. As the chef handed the President his tea, Zaheer simply dragged a chair and sat, contently looking out of the window, yet quietly figuring out a plan.

Once he was done with his tea, he walked into the kitchen and washed the dishes, hoping not to put too much toll on the cook, already worn out after a long day. Zaheer took out his phone and walked to the balcony. "Hello? Miloš? Listen, I need you to visit me. Bring in Hamid and Jamal as well." He asked, to a tired Miloš, who worked over time with his generals, making sure the Armed Forces train well and perform well. "What is it?" Miloš asked; before realizing that he was but a General and he had to listen to orders. "Never mind, I'll get everyone, sir." Miloš remarked, shutting the phone.

Since it was getting dark, you wouldn't really find that Husseinabad was really that full. By thirty minutes, the three Generals eventually arrived at Abbas' home, situated just outside the city and nestled near the Kaal Forest. As Zaheer opened the door himself, the generals could realize he was still awake. "Come, to the balcony." Zaheer ordered, as the four men walked to the balcony. "So, sir, what is it?" Miloš asked, still curious of what had happened that caused them to have arrived here, of all the times.

"By now I expect that you've learnt of al-Qaria. There's been an attack. In Brytene. Acronian president dead. More than thousands killed, apparently a Valdian ambassador and a Brytsic official killed or injured." Abbas dictated from what he heard in the news. This brought much displeasure and frowns from each general. Jamal immediately remarked, yet silently.

"The bastards!"

"I'm afraid so that they've taken over Qauwa. A coup. Acronius has already sent troops to invade. Valdians and Roskians have started some troop movements from this nation. As an ally of ours, we too must begin attacks against this al-Qaria menace. We cannot allow another Kharajan... especially in Husseinabad. As President of the Greater Hudian Republic, by the will of Allah, by the will of the Ahl-ul-Bayt, I declare war on al-Qaria. The menace must be cleansed almost immediately. These are my orders; and listen well. We'll be deploying parts of the 21st. The GHRS Ali will be setting course near Qauwa. 3000 men will be deployed; as well as 25 ACV14 Ironsides III. The Abbas Force will only take part by air. The 1st Squadron of the 21st will be going alongside them."

Abbas finally took a deep breath. "Would you like some water?" He asked the generals, who were still deep in thought. "No, sir, it's alright." Jamal replied, quickly thinking. "So we will dispatch the GHRS Ali out of Husseinabad?" Jamal asked. Abbas nodded. "Make sure it'll have enough fuel." He joked, as he looked at the time. "Oh, hell! It's 10:00. You men ought to be going. I'll see you tomorrow. Make sure they've started mobilizing. I'll send a message to the Acronians. Good luck." Abbas remarked, quickly seeing the men off, who left in their black-colored SUVs with Hudian insignia...

The Lion was going back to war.

YA'ALI MADAD MERE MAWLA

FROM THE DESK OF PRESIDENT ZAHEER ABBAS - PRESIDENT OF THE GREATER HUDIAN REPUBLIC
As-Salam-Walaykum.

I would like to express my condolences to the honorable people of Acronius for the loss of President Rory Whittemore, a great man who had garnered much respect from us here in the Greater Hudian Republic. However so, now is not the time for mourning. We see the scum that is known as al-Qaria still exists and will cause harm unless we do something. So far we have dispatched the 21st Task Force. We will notify you soon once the Task Force is mobilized how many men will be joining your men.

SIGNED,
ZAHEER ABBAS

Fur Al Karia
    2500 men, using different things ranging from assault rifles, MGs, RPGs, etc.
    1 T-74 tanks.
    1 HF-5 Patka. Try not to kill this bcoz we only have 3 ;-;.

Fur Hudian Republik
    3000 men, properly equipped and armored.
    30 ACV14 Ironsides III Tanks made in Valdiu.
    25 HSASF-21 "Murtajiz" Stealth Fighters (configurable for bombing as well)
    5 Ka-52s
    10 Mi-171s.

Last edited by Huda on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Chilokver
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Chilokver » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:49 am

HERMES, Sub-Level 4
Chilokveri Intelligence Agency Headquarters
Xianzai

Ever since he had ben promoted and retired from fieldwork, Subcommander Michael Zeng had regarded joining and managing HERMES afterwards as one of the worst decisions he had made in his life.

HERMES was the codename for the CIA's signal intelligence, encryption and decryption and cyberwarfare department. He had thought the description sounded rather technological and cool, that he would be overseeing rows of smartly dressed white technicians seated at gleaming computers. He laughed now at the fantasy. Sure, it took up the whole of one underground floor, but the scale made no difference. Every morning and occasionally late at night, he stepped out of the elevator into a bland, harshly lit room, tiled in an ugly faded yellow. From his cracked leather seat and scratched desk, he oversaw the small army of poor sods who toiled down here for hours at a time. Most of the machines they used were dusty and uncared for, though he could hardly blame them. And the sound. It drove him crazy.

tic-tac, tic-tac

That sound. To him, it sounded like Lady Death, playing dice with the bones of dead men. White fingers that never saw the sun tapping at ivory keys. To him, Sub-Level 4 seemed like a morgue. The place was beyond antiseptic, it was anti life. Nothing like the real, physical, down and dirty, at times painful work in the field, but yet unavoidably linked. Their orders were sent from here- eliminate this person, assassinate that one. He shivered a bit, and it wasn't just because of the air conditioning being a notch too cold and windy.

Zeng cupped his hands around the paper cup of tasteless coffee, hugging in its warmth and walked over to see the new message. The technician typing away was young, hardly a man yet. He wondered idly how he had ended up here and whether he thought the same way he did. tic-tac, tic-tac

"So, where's it from, what's it about?"

"Unknown yet sir. This is a Class 5 encryption, I'm running it through the mainframe now."

He hmm'd a bit- Class 5s were among the highest encryption methods the CIA used without resorting to one-time pads. Class 1 was unencrypted, Class 2s used for communiques and the like, Class 3 for classified messages between allies and Class 4 for intelligence collected from their contacts and forwarded via embassies. Class 5 were for only the most urgent and important messages, diplomatic or otherwise. It would probably just turn out to be about some minor border incident, he decided. There was nothing else of the magnitude besides Al-Qaria, and PHLANX had that firmly under control.

tic-tac, tic-tac, tic-tic-tac

The final key was depressed, and the lines of scrambled letters and numbers began to form coherent words as the supercomputer at the end of the room crunched in the decryption key. His heart seemed to stop for a split second as he saw its contents, then it jumped back, twice the speed. Good God.

"Send it up to the Council of Three, double time!"

Defense Conference Room
The Consilium
Apelia

She had not been elected for war, and it was too bad that President Ada Luong had ran for the office on a platform for civic improvement and economic expansion. Al-Qaria however, seemed determined to test her limits. Perhaps if she had waited another four years for the next term... but no. Chilokver needed someone to solve it's domestic problems now- she just didn't know if she could work out the international ones as well.

The limousine stopped as they pulled off the street and into the underground parking below Chilokver's Parliament, the Consilium. Hurriedly, a black suited agent ran and opened the door. As she got out, she glanced at the man's pants- a heavy black automatic pistol was holstered there. Though she knew they were there for her own protection, Luong tried to avoid using whenever possible. A president wasn't elected to lead the people, they were elected to serve the people. Being hustled around and protected all the time made her seem like above everyone else.

From the second limousine, the Foreign Minister stepped out onto the concrete floor. Ian Whiteway it seemed, was always dressed impeccably, no matter it be during the day or at nighttime calls to war. The only thing that betrayed his controlled look was his ruffled hair, and even so it seemed roguishly stylish. On the other hand, Luong seemed positively exhausted. Under the flourescent lights, she seemed so fragile and innocent, her thin stalk of a neck a pale white. He pitied the poor woman in a way- it wasn't easy being the youngest President yet, especially with her self-set goals. He shrugged pragmatically. Her fault for running for the office and being such an idealist.

Escorted by the CIA bodyguards, the two politicians entered the elevator. The chrome button for the second floor was pressed, and the doors closed silently. Soft music played as they ascended, tinkling piano notes rising with them. There was a chime, and the doors opened onto a red carpeted hallway leading to a pair of heavy oaken doors.

This was the second time the newly elected president had been called to the Defense Conference Room. Defense Conference Room. What a curious euphemism for war. It had been PHLANX's war on terror that had brought her there the first time. She had chosen not to engage, but to instead back up their allies in a softer, more supply and logistics sort of way. No doubt the Council of Three, Chilokver's military heads were still smarting over that. They were something else she swore to improve- warmongering old men who thought that everything demanded the might used in the Karlæsist Meritocracy's birth by fire.

An aide opened the doors, taking their requests for coffee as she did so. The 3 marshals were already waiting inside, Generalissimo Qing Yan of the army standing by the podium, impatiently shuffling his notes. Quickly, the new arrivals took their seats on the right hand side of the room.

The lights dimmed a bit, and a projector turned on. The image was of a map of Alfashir, centered on the nation of Quawa. Yan began to speak, his deep baritone carrying through the room clearly despite the lack of microphones.

"As I'm sure you know Ms President, the St. Leonard's Cathedral in Brytene was recently bombed and attacked by Al-Qaria, killing off multiple foreign ambassadors and heads of state, as well as countless civilians. Among those high ranking diplomats included the Valdian and Acronian ambassadors to Brytene and most importantly, President Rory Whittemore."

She nodded solemnly; only that morning she had sent off communiques bearing Chilokver's deepest condolences to the three nations.

"Obviously, the Acronians are out for Al-Qarian blood with their President's death. Now, what you don't know is that an encrypted message came in about half an hour ago. Our of our top agents in Acronius reports that not only has Qauwa been taken over by AQ, but the Acronians have launched an invasion. Forces comprise", he shuffled his notes; "3 regiments. The Valdians and Brystics are backing them up with a carrier group each.

Last war meeting, we agreed to stay our forces and keep out of the war. But this, this", Qing slammed his fist down hard upon the podium, "this is far beyond anything we can stand by and watch. Now is the time to join forces with our PHLANX allies and strike those menaces down once and for all! Our army with theirs, our ships and aircraft in formation together." All four heads at the table turned to see the Luong's response.

No no no She stalled for time. "A call to war is no split second decision. I will require a few days to consult with a parliamentary committee."

"With all due respect Ma'am, you may not", the general retorted gruffly. "We can't afford to waste any time, and as per Section 2 of our Constitution, you have the final say in non-sovereignty infringing warfare. There's no point in asking for a committee's advice, unless you don't think yourself capable of making the decision..?" Yan's tone was mocking.

Damn. Perhaps she shouldn't have been so acerbic the last time. Yet, her reputation was nothing compared to those being sent out to the front lines like lambs to the slaughter.

"With all due respect, Generalissimo, those aren't just numbers on a sheet you're sending out there. Those are people! Not just people, but lives! Not just lives, but souls! We cannot have our children, our future growing up as savages and loving war!"

Whatever retort the general was about to say lost its breath when she said that- the old mustachioed man was as old and stubborn as a rock, but even the mightiest boulder has its cracks. Yan had lost his eldest son those 30 odd years ago in '84 Chilokveri Revolution and the words struck a painful chord deep within his heart.

"..Of course, we will take the utmost effort to ensure their safety."

"How? By sending them into hostile territory and gunfire?"

"No. I spoke too soon there. And of you. I'm sorry."

In the end, it was Grand Admiral Victor Chen who offered a compromise. "We can still commit men and keep them safe. After all, a dragon's fire is just as formidable as its claws, correct? The 2nd Battlefleet was to be moved down to Sde Dov to support them in Nazat- it will be simple enough to reroute them to Qauwa. After coalition airstrikes eliminate the enemy's air defenses, long range Snow Moose bombings will completely cripple their industry and capability to war. I suggest the oil fields, for one." Chief Marshal Federico nodded in agreement.

Whiteway rose; "I think this meeting is over then. I'll begin dispatching the necessary messages. Good night, ladies and gentlemen."
Last edited by New Chilokver on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:38 am, edited 6 times in total.

About User
Hong Kong-Australian Male
Pro: Yeah
Neutral: Meh
Con: Nah
| [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] |
[HOI I - Peacetime conditions]
Head of Government: President Sohum Jain
Population: 195.10 million
GDP (nominal): $6.39 trillion
Military personnel: 523.5k
IIWiki
| There is no news. |
Other Stuff
Lingria wrote:Just realized I'm better at roleplaying then talking to another human being.
Fck.
WARNING: This nation represents my RL views.

Rodstov
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:28 pm

New Republic of Qauwa, a country that has gained more attention in recent events. This had gained the attention of Rodstov and they would attempt to ascertain exactly what was going on in the country. A lot more attention seem to be focused on it by an unknown military force. Whoever sent them in to Qauwa it was most likely against the will of Qauwa's current president, which at the time President al-Fulani. Which it seems that this action caused the Presidents death. A terrorist organization of some renown had used their military strength to oust the government.

With this all known the current leader of most of the countries of the Slavic Federation wished for the current Prime Minister Cirilla Azarov a woman native of Rodstov to act in some fashion, However Ciri couldn't out right acknowledge that the new government of Qauwa was ligament and followed with a series of Economic sanctions and prepared for a small naval force to sail for that region. She would hopefully leave it at that, as she was in no hurry to create an issue however she would if she had to.

If an issue would come of it she would have to ask the Vastava Pact for advice as to how to deal with the situation or to leave it entirely. Though Ciri was young, she was curious. Qauwa was near one of her countries holdings; The Isles of Zerrikania. She would have to converse with the small countries leader to have him send out a small fleet to "ascertain" the situation.

Code: Select all
> Admiral Jan Dragomir, Leader of the Isles of Zerrikania
< Cirilla Azarov, Prime Minister of the Slavic Peoples Federation States of Rodstov
|=Locked Eyes Only
|Jan Dragomir,
|
|It has come to my attention that there has been increased activity in your region, especially concerning the Republic
|of Qauwa. I have only learn a small amount of information about what has been transpiring in the nation and I am
|Requesting that you send a small fleet to scout out the Qauwai coast. If your able Capture a deep sea port if you deem
|it necessary and find out what exactly is going on.
|
|According from intelligence Activity in the region is linked to a known terror group. The Qauwai government is in tatters
|and now several states around the nation are too active for my liking. Once you have found out whats going on. I will
|Send troops to attempt to get a handle on the situation.
|
|Regards
|Cirilla Azarov   

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The Isles of Zerrikania, Kaer Zaskakhaw, Admiral Jan Dragomir.
Just before noon, Zerrikania local time.

Jan stood at Kaer Zaskakhaw's keep. He had black, straight hair neatly coiffured to reveal a fine, lively face. Heavy amber eyes, set well within their sockets, watch carefully over the city below. A scar stretching from just under the right eye , running towards the right side of his lips and ending under the right side of his mouth leaves a delightful memory of lost honor when fencing with Ciri the last time he was at Kaer Kovir. It was the last time he would let Ciri trick him in to playing for first blood with sharpened blades. Otherwise he wouldn't have been so careless, about his attacks. To strike Ciri in the wealth of power that she had now would be harmful for his health and his nation. Though he remained close friends with Ciri and supported her reign over Rodstov and her rightful place as the prime minister of the Slavic Peoples Federation.

Jan was assigned to watch over his home and trade with the countries and state to the east of him. However from the look of things on the news and the reports he was getting from his Foreign Navy Merchant Ship Captains (or FNMS Captains), things were looking more and more active, and that was not just trade. Their was more activity than normal in Qauwa, and Sde Dov. Though Jan had dismissed them as mere rumors and that they didn't require his attention. With Ciri's telegram, that changed the perspective of how he saw those rumors now. He had mustered the Isles into a frenzy and they were preparing for his 3rd Scout Flotilla one of his Marine Brigades for transport. He would have them mustered out in a days time and the intended path would follow a main shipping lane past Huda. Once past, it would be a relatively straight shot to Qauwa. He hoped that there would be no issues with the Hudian peoples, Rodstov had been know for its war mongering in the past. Just encase Jan had order all Marines, Ships and Equipment to be stamped with his countries seal; The Zerrikanian Painted Horse. It was a simple design a white horse upon a black background and a gold border around it. It would also be flying the Zerrikanian national flag. This would hopefully avoid any confusion, or add more enough so no problems would become of it.

Zerrikanian
3rd Scout Flotilla
Udaloy II Class Destroyer "Kovir's Pride"
Burevestnik Class Frigate "Zerrikanian Sword"
6 Nanuchka Class Corvettes "Sárklós" , "Mizinok" , "Chertarsk" , "Nyaran" , "Novani" and "Sota"
4 Project 20183 Logistic Support Vessels (Carrying troops and supplies)

12th Marine Brigade
-14th Naval Rifle Regiment 650 (MT-LB 6MB)
-26th Naval Rifle Regiment 650 (BMP-D2's)
-21st Naval Tank Regiment (T-82MV "Pyoveli" MBT)
-11th Naval Support Regiment (MT-LB Platform used)
Last edited by Rodstov on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Years of roleplay come down to just this nation left.

"After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and through shoals of dust, I will return to where I began"

Asuryea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Asuryea » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Najran
Southeastern Qauwa

One Night Prior...

The preparations had finally been made, and the soldier known as Duke was put in charge of the expeditionary force from Al-Shura that was heading abroad to Qauwa to capture some territory and help Al-Qaria fight back against foreign forces. The composition of the force was three hundred and fifty younger insurgents, most of them either high school dropouts and college aged men, but they were accompanied by fifty insurgents who were more experienced. For the young members of the group, this would be a baptism by fire, and for some of them, it was their first time being out on an actual front.

They were well armed at least for insurgents, most fighters using either Asuryean M4 carbines or AK-103s, a couple support soldiers using M2 Browning machine guns, and there were a few heavy weapons specialists who were armed with RPG-7s. And now, by cover of night, they were descending upon a city called Najran, located in the southeastern part of Qauwa, after making the trip north from Asuryea. They split their forces into two groups, one approaching from the southeast and one approaching from the southwest, the group coming from the southeast serving as more of a support unit and the first one handling the brunt of the attacking.

"Hold your fire until Group One attacks," Shadow commanded his unit, holding up a hand to stop them from advancing any further as they approached the city outskirts. That is, until Shadow received a call on the radio from Duke.

"We're about to make hard contact, have your men ready," the other leader commented, before the sound of machine gun fire in the distance pierced the air. "That's your signal."

"Alright everybody, let's take this city..." Shadow said, waving his men forward and flipping the safety off of his AK-103 rifle. It was do or die time.
Dawn was coming, and the city was almost overrun by the Al-Shura fighters. They had managed to take minimal casualties, partly because of the surprise of their attack and partly because of their strength in urban combat and the fact that they were attacking in the middle of the night, when some of the guards had been sleeping.

"Is the city cleared yet?" Duke asked Shadow over radio, who nodded.

"Affirmative, the last of the Qauwan soldiers have been captured," he stated. "We're rounding them up now, what do you want us to do with them?"

"Shoot the grunts, we only want to keep the commanders alive," Duke ordered. "And bring the prisoners back to our location in the center of the city. We'll see if we can get any useful info out of them."

Shadow gave the order for his men to shoot the Qauwans, and they quickly gunned down the group, only keeping alive the three officers who had been in the city at the time of the attack. "We're on our way to your position now. How long are we planning on staying in the city?"

"For as long as we can stay before the foreign powers get aggressive," Duke said, before pausing. "As soon as they make moves towards us, we raze the place to the ground and move north with as many captives as we can take. They'll make for good negotiating, at best we can use them to keep attackers off our backs, and at worst we can use them in a trap. Actually, as soon as you get back, start rounding up citizens. Let's make it clear that if they come for us, nobody is getting out of this city alive."
The Kingdom of Asuryea and the Republic of Ausylvania: Arab/Germanic kingdoms joined by a royal union

It's pronounced Assyria.

Sde Dov
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sde Dov » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:22 am

SDS Earnest Thinley
Off the Strait of Albaf, Eastern Nazat
January 13, 2016, 7:15AM

"And that's a good trap." called the LSO over the radio, judging a landing by a F/A-18E Super Hornet returning from a bombing raid over Nazat. Marshallers quickly directed the aircraft to make way for its wingman. Captain Pedro de los Reyes oversaw the whole processfrom the Earnest Thinley's bridge. It was his first deployment as the new captain of the Earnest Thinley, the pride and joy of the Sde Dovian Navy. To be chosen to captain the Earnest Thinley was an honor in its own right. He personally supported his government's stance against al-Qaria, and he still was reeling with the loss of his brother as a result of the attacks on the Sde Dovian Parliament, an MP for his constituency of Cabalonan. de los Reyes took on his mission with pride.

The carrier was slowly starting to show its age, but the aging was kept in check by modernization and the ship was still very reliable after nearly 36 years of service. The entire ship was busy with activity, as the carrier's complement of 79 aircraft being readied to support the "War on Terror" in Nazat.

One of the communications personnel went to the captain, with a folder in hand.

"Captain, urgent message from Central Command." said the communications personnel with a hint of concern.

"Thank you." said the Captain, sending him back to the comms room.

de los Reyes went off silently into his quarters. As soon as he got in and sat down in his desk, he stared at the folder. It had a "Top Secret" stamp, and it it was sealed with orange tape, denoting an urgent message. He opened the message and began to read it.

TO: SDS EARNEST THINLEY

GOVERNMENT OF QUAWA HAS BEEN DEPOSED, AL-QARIA IS IN DE FACTO CONTROL. AT 0630 SDE DOVIAN STANDARD TIME, PRESIDENT PUTROV HAS AUTHORIZED THE USE OF AIRSTRIKES ON QUAWAN FORCES, IN ADDITION TO CURRENT MISSION OF AIRSTRIKES ON NAZAT. YOUR FLEET IS TO CONDUCT AIRSTRIKES ON AL-QARIA POSITIONS IN QUAWA, AND PROVIDE SUPPORT TO SDE DOVIAN GROUND FORCES CURRENTLY PUSHING THEIR WAY TOWARDS THE NAZATI-SDE DOVIAN BORDER, AS WELL AS ALLIED FORCES IN THE AREA. LIST OF TARGETS TO FOLLOW IN NEW UPLINK AT 0730H. MABUHAY ANG SDE DOV.

Captain de los Reyes went to the bridge. Over the intercom, he called:

"All crew to general quarters."

Stasnov
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stasnov » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:22 pm

Qauwan Airspace
34th Bomber Aviation Squadron and 43rd Fighter Aviation Squadron
1130 hours
14th of January, 2016

Eleven Su-34 and fifteen Su-27SM2s with the markings of the Stasnovan VVS and regural Stasnovan camo soared through the clear morning skies above Qauwa. With their engines screaming as they were flying at supercruise speeds of rougly Mach 1.7, the Flankers and Fencers were entering their Area of Operations (AO). The AO of the Stasnovan aircraft was an area to the northern part of Qauwa, that intelligence gathered from Commissariat of Military Intelligence First Directorate operatives on the ground, stated it housed several high-value targets, such as supply depots and trade routes. The area was marked as Sector Novemember on the map the pilots were briefed on back in the Druzhba Naval/Air Base in Sde Dov. As such, Stasnovan military actions in that sector were dubbed Operation November.

During the briefing, the pilots were informed on the capabilites of al-Qaria combatants in the area. Colonel Adamov, commanding officer of Operation November, warned them about hostile air precense in the area, something that suprised the Stasnovan pilots, who were just expecting to face rebels with KPVTs. They were informed that an entire air base of the Qauwan Air Force located just outside the AO had defected to al-Qaria's side. Enemy air forces in the area consisted of an estimated number of 8 MiG-21bis fighters , of which 4 were believed to be in a flyable condition, as well as 6 MIG-23MLs. There were also about 4 Su-7BKL ground-attack aircraft, but these would pose no thread to Stasnovan operations.

The Stasnovan strike package consisted of 10 Su-34 strike-aircraft/fighter bombers, loaded with Kh-58UShE ARMs, Kh-29D AGMs, KAB-500KR TV-guided bombs, as well as two R-74s for self-defence. Escorting the fighter-bomber formation were 15 Su-27SM2s with a full-air-to-air combat load of R-77-1s, R-74s and R-27EAs. The Su-34s were flying at 15,000 feet, while the fighers at 30,000. The single an additional Su-34 flying in front of the formation, equiped with high-power jammers to blind enemy radars and prevent them from locking on the Stasnovan aircraft. Flying way behind and higher than the formation, was a A-50U Beriev AWACs, monitoring the airspace, while a Il-78M was on standby to refuel the aircraft if needed.

As they entered the area of operations, mission leader Major Mikhail Kamarov, pressed a couple of buttons on the cockpit of his Su-27SM2, and opened communications to the other aircraft.

"This is Grifon 1-1 to all callsigns; we are entering the AO. Master arms on, i repeat, master arms on. Engage at will. Grifon 1-1, out"

He received confirmation reports from all callsigns, and within minutes, the strike package was unleashing its deadly payload.

The Stasnovan aircraft were almost done with their mission. Five ammo depots, two fuel depots, one arms cache and a highway were striken by the Stasnovan high-percision missiles and bombs. The strikes would hinder further al-Qaria operations in the area, and disrupt their their supply chains, with an aim of reducing the fighting capabilities of their forces. Only a single target remained for the mission to be completed: a large trainning camp to the southernmost part of the AO. Most of the Su-34 had expended most of their payloads, but they still had enough to destroy the last target. They would strike, refuel from the Il-78M, and return to base.

However, the voice of a crewman onboard the A-50U AWACS aircraft several kilometres behind the front, cracked through communications.

"This is Glaz to all Grifon and Pegas callsigns; you have 10 bogeys coming your way, bearing 168. They are approaching fast"

"Grifon 1-1 to Glaz; orders?"

"Glaz to Grifon 1-1; you are to engage the enemy aircraft. Protect Pegas flight at all costs while they complete their mission. All unidentified aircraft in the AO are considered hostile. Glaz out"

Grifon looked at his radar screen as he turned off comms with Glaz. Several green dots began rapidly appearing on his radar screen. He counted 8...9..10. They were less than 100 kms away, and approaching fast. Meanwhile, Glaz was transmiting accurate information of the enemy aircraft to the systems of the the Stasnovan fighters, so they had better situational awareness, giving them an edge over their adversaries. Grifon 1-1 opened comms.

"This is Grifon 1-1 to all callsigns; Pegas aircraft you are to continue the strike mission. Grifon 3 you are on escort duty. Grifon 1 and 2 form up on me."

He received confirmation reports, and the two flights of Sukhois thrusted forward to meet the enemy aircraft. After some moments, he had a lock on an what he confirmed to be an enemy MiG-23. He armed a R-77-1 Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile and opened communications to the the other 9 Flankers.

"This is Grifon 1-1; engage at will, i repeat, engage at will"

Simultaneously, both Stasnovan and Qauwan aircraft started opening up with their missiles. Thankfully, the Qauwan missiles missed, being rather outdated. The two formations flew through each other as they clashed head on, with their guns blazing as missile contrails formed numerous white streaks across the sky. Grifon 1-1 saw at least one MiG-21MF exploding into a large fireball. He grinned as he manuvered behind a MiG-23ML and started aquiring a lock. Their aircraft weren't only vastly superior and more advanced than the old Stasnovan or Cydonian-built export variants the Qauwans were using, but the Stasnovan pilots were also more skilled, because of their hugely superior trainning. This dogfight would be a walk in the park.
#ValaranSoFab
My alt/secondary account: Chalcia
My FT alt account: Union of Collectivist Systems
19 years old, Greek, male, heterosexual, Communist, LGBT rights supporter, secularist, atheist
Puzikas wrote:"Wanna know how I got these scars?"- Gorby probably

Yalos wrote:"Nazi Germany lost WW2 because it thought like an NS player"

Sde Dov
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sde Dov » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:35 am

Earnest Thinley Carrier Battle Group
International waters off Quawa
12:30PM, January 16, 2016

The Earnest Thinley, the pride of the Sde Dovian Navy sailed east in between Nazat and Quawa. Accompanying it was the complement of Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, Knox-class frigates and Ticonderoga-class cruisers that formed the Sde Dovian Navy 1st fleet. The air outside was a scorching 32 degrees Celsius, but an 8-knot wind made the heat a bit more bearable. Inside the SDS Al Azizyah, one of the Sde Dovian Navy's most decorated ships, the CIC was busy with life. They were busy monitoring the data received from its many sensors and radars, with the most powerful one being the AN/SPY-1D radar, which emitted six megawatts of power, capable of detecting enemy aircraft and missiles.

The only contacts so far were Stasnovan Su-34s and Su-27s, Quawan MiGs and Sde Dovian naval aviation. The Quawans haven't put a proper naval flight, and none of their aircraft or ships came within 150 nautical miles from the carrier groups. Operations Specialist Robert Paez monitored the displays which showed data from the ship's various sensors. He was just 30 minutes from handing over watch of the radar systems to another officer. Out of the blue, three blips appeared on his screen. They were proceeding from the southeast at an altitude of 25,000 feet, and closing fast at 762 knots. "This isn't right." thought Paez as he designated the contacts on his screen as possible hostiles.

"This is the Sde Dovian Navy warship Al Azizyah. State your intent." called out Paez over the radio.

No response. They were now just 85 nautical miles from the ship, and there was no time to scramble Hornets from the Earnest Thinley. He grabbed the intercom.

"Captain, we have three contacts inbound, possible hostiles, 92 miles out. ESM identifies them as possible MiG-27s."

"I'm coming over."

The captain of the Al Azizyah went in the CIC. "General quarters" was his quick response when he saw the radar display. He turned to the Fire Controlman who operated the ship's RIM-156B Standard surface-to-air missiles in addition to operating the Harpoons, Sea Sparrows and other munitions. The Fire Controlman readied two Standards to be fired at the hostile jets.

"Last chance. We will use force." said Paez over the radio.

Instead of a response, six new blips filled the screen.

"VAMPIRE!" called out one of the CIC operators, referring to an anti-shipping missile being fired upon them. The Fire Controlman also readied the RIM-174 ERAMs to intercept the ASMs.

"Fire." said the Captain.

A few seconds later, three Standards broke out from the Mark 41 VLS units, directed at the two jets. The Standards were visible on the radar displays, as well as the anti-shipping missiles, possibly Kh-59s. Shortly after, the RIM-174s also launched from the VLS units. The captain, in rapid-fire Tagalog, told the helmsman to begin evasive measures.

Three fireballs were visible in the distance, a result of the Standards hitting their targets. Three more fireballs were seen which were the KH-59s that weren't so lucky. The other three, still closing in on the ship flew continued in its paths. More RIM-174s were fired at the KH-59, and two more missiles were destroyed. The last one however, still continued on it's low flight. The Phalanx CIWS was already ready, and the ship was already steaming at full power in order to try to run away from the missile.

"In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." said the Captain as the missiles were just seconds away from the Phalanx's firing envelope.

Then the RIPPPPPPPPPPP sound was heard on the ship. Then, a bang, not from an impact, but the missile exploding. The Al Azizyah dodged a bullet.

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:17 am

Eral-Uztak, Federal District, Vilats Union
08.30, 2016JAN16

Ispalk Rait stared blearily into a large window on the wall facing him as other ministers filed into the long room and took their seats at the table. Though the rising sun made it hard to look directly at anything, he knew from countless other meetings here the image of the river Uzt meandering through the cluster of dull grey apartment blocks, and the dry, scrubby hills surrounding the city. Through the windows on his right, there were the Rezhni mountains and another boring panoramic view of the city. In his opinion, it was all very dull and unimpressive. Why couldn't they have meetings in Avari, or anywhere other than Eral-Uztak. The place was just a village before it was turned into a planned city after the revolution.

Looking back at the table, most of the officials attending had taken their seats. It was not every relevant official in the government, just those with whom he would be planning the intervention in Qauwa—mainly military leaders and trusted advisors. Limited intervention had already been approved in a Council meeting two days prior.

The minister next to him—Irnu Akjagh, the Interior Minister—handed him a sheet of paper. Skimming over it, it was a report that there had been no know al-Qaria actions in Vilats in the past two weeks. That was not a particularly long stretch by any means, but it was still somewhat comforting.

The meeting was for military action in Qauwa, however. "General Karavum, what is the status on the airborne troops?"

The commander of the Land Forces quickly responded. "73rd Airbone Battalion has been mobilized, currently stationed at West Avari Airbase. They will be ready for operations within the day."

"Good. General Sæskalsts, we are already conducting aerial operations over Qauwa, correct?"

"Correct. Reconnaissance and bombing flights, though mainly reconnaissance. Airfields in the west have orders to be prepared for a possible influx of Vastava Pact forces."

"Have you found any Qauwan airbases that could be used to assist VP ground forces when the invasion begins?"

"There are three sites that we are currently considering. Recon flights are attempting to locate which buildings we would have to neutralize for a successful and low-casualty landing."

"Okay." Rait briefly looked at the packet of recon photos sitting on the table in front of him. "Let's get the specifics for these operations worked out, as the conflict is sure to escalate quickly."

East of West Avari Airbase, Vilatak Avari, Vilats Union
08.50, 2016JAN16

Private Ijons Naralsts opened his eyes again as the rhythmic beating of the train slowed down. They were approaching the airbase. He was slightly annoyed to have to go to the base while off duty, but this was overwhelmed by the excitement of a possible deployment. Naralsts suspected it would be to Qauwa, considering the recent coup and foreign military activities, but he hadn't officially been told anything other than to report to the 73rd's Headquarters at the airbase with all his gear. He leaned forwards slightly as the train screeched to a halt, the hangars, living quarters and runways stretching around the train. Further out, there was the pine forest and Avari was about 40 kilometers to the east. He grabbed his bag and departed the train.

His sergeant greeted him in front of the 73rd's HQ building, a squat, two story grey concrete building, with some satellite dishes and antennae on top, in the typical Vilati government style. "Hey, sir. Do you know if we're being deployed to Qauwa?"

His sergeant, Abileri Pjelsi, responded. "Yes, as far as I know. We don't know where exactly in Qauwa, though, or when for that matter. Could be tomorrow, could be in a month, could be never."

"Mm. We're quartered the same place as usual?"

"Yeah, two buildings behind the battalion HQ. Make sure to check yourself in before doing much."

"I will. Can't wait to go on an actual military operation!" Private Naralsts trotted over to the headquarters.

Pjelsi just snorted.
Last edited by Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for the spelling mistake in my name.
ICly, I am the Vilats Union | IIWiki

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES
Kouralia wrote:You're in a man of war. Screw 'main efforts' and 'objectives'; sail around and look like a badass mother-fucker and sing sea shanties.

Acronius
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acronius » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Luck and Skill
Durkesh, Jenubun Province, New Republic of Qauwa
22nd AWG Regiment

Operation Ghost Zone had kicked off to quite an explosive start, both figuratively and literally. Buildings reduced to smoking piles of stone, wood, and furniture, Acronian and al-Qaria corpses strewn along the sidewalks of the city, craters in the ground created by RPGs - Durkesh was essentially the typical war-torn city you'd find in any war film set in Alfashir. And yet, even with so much damage caused and so many lives taken, the 22nd Alpha Warfare Group Regiment and al-Qaria militants still had their horns locked in the city streets an hour later, although the match was taking a turn for the worst for the home team, who were witnessing more and more of their members turning into cold bodies flung onto the fractured ground.

"Hotel Three, this is Apex Five-Two. Team Two's trapped in the city hall. All remaining hostile forces in the city are located in the complex. We're coming to get you. Mission to be completed ASAP, over."

Captain John Franklin's team had gathered with other teams of the 22nd Regiment on the rooftop of a building which had its entire facade destroyed by the fighting. "Roger that Apex Five-Two, over."

And with that, the same Mangosta helicopter that had landed the team in the now-wretched Qauwan city descended onto the building, with its flight lieutenant barking at his fellow troops to enter the craft.

"Klepto! Get on the 12.7mm!", he yelled, dangerously waving a Model 2000 pistol in the air with one hand and hauling the meek private to the machine gun with the other. The helicopter lifted into the burnt airs, giving the crew inside a view of war's true face. A picture was worth a thousand words, as they said. A glimpse of the sinister reality of the same old gory custom of war was taken. The brutal tradition that had bathed its bleak malevolence in a sea of crimson blood and ivory bones of its victims for millennia on end.

Klepto rested his arms on the handles of the machine gun, just taking in the entire scene around him. Splotches of red trickled down the streets. Stark cries of the wounded could be heard from the confinements of the transport helicopter. Their teammates who had managed to be even more unlucky than them were juxtapositioned beside them, contrastingly lying on the cracked ground in solemn silence and eerie stillness. Every building in sight was either burnt to the ground, missing a side, or billowing with heavy grey fumes cascading upwards into the sky - a highway to hell disguised as a stairway to heaven. And in the centerfold of this mayhem, Durkesh's city hall stood, or rather, staggered on its foundation, a seemingly out-of-place cloud of purple smoke rising up in the air, providing brief colorful respite before the scene faded to grey once more.

"Hotel Three, Team Two's trailing purple smoke from the building. Get them out of there, we'll be providing cover."

"Roger that, Apex Five-Two."

And with that, the crazed flight lieutenant could once again be seen dragging Klepto from the machine gun to the end of the compartment, dangerously dumping him only centimeters from the drop. Pvt. Jameson tapped Klepto on the soldier, grinning. "C'mon you muppet, let's go!"

As Klepto rappelled down the rope, a sickly chainsaw sound ripped across the street. But as Klepto, the rest of Team Three, and every other Acronian soldier in the area instinctively dived for cover, they realized that no bullets were hitting anywhere near them. Then, they heard it. That deafening blast mere meters above them.

"Hotel Three, this is Apex Five-Two, we're hit, we're hit! I've lost the tail rotor! I repeat, this is Apex Five-Two, we're going in hot! Mayday, mayday!"

Together, the AWG troops all began to rise up from cover, watching as the Mangosta helicopter spun out of control and slammed into the target building, erupting into a fiery inferno and either injuring or killing everyone on board.

"Apex Five-Two! Come in!"

And by some blessed miracle, Captain Franklin's yell into his communications device received a crackling, static, but nonetheless audible reply. "I'm here! Farrell and Team Two are KIA! I could sure use some help here!"

"Oh, what in the fuck. Could this mission get any worse?"

Not wasting any time, Franklin lead his countrymen into the fuming building, which had since been stripped of a good portion of its Alfashiran machine gunners. The helicopter had blasted its way through the complex's infrastructure and through the second-storey wall, turning into a dangerous ball of smoke and fire but opting to keep its pilot alive.

"You lot stay on the ground floor and take out any hostiles.", Franklin ordered, gesturing at two other teams on the premises, before rushing up the half-collapsed stairwell with his own team.

"There she is! Come on, it's going to- ...Explode." Apparently this mission could, and did get worse. The Mangosta H-87's engine flew apart, instantly killing the remaining pilot and turning everything in a ten-meter radius around it into charred rubble. That included the entire floorplan of the second storey, which gave way in due course, crushing the two teams covering Team Three to certain death.

"For fuck's sake, Jesus..."

The objects on the floorplan, however, included Team Three's four remaining operatives, who all took a rough stumble onto jagged rubble. The team's captain, still sprawled out on the debris with the rest of his team, made an instinctive reach for his communications device before realizing that Apex Five-Two, or rather its remains, was about twenty meters away - and it was probably safe to assume that its communications system wasn't functional, if anything.

"Uh, sir, I think you're words are jinxing us...", said another member of Team Three, Sgt. Hoyt, referring to his leader's earlier remarks as to how the mission couldn't get worse, as he weakly climbed out of the debris, covered in rock and dust, and proceeded to pull out Klepto from the wreckage.

Cpt. Franklin retrieved his still-intact ST-A101 rifle and stumbled up onto his feet. "Bullshit, Hoyt. There's no such thing in war. Just luck and skill.", he said, firing a perfectly-placed shot upwards and killing an al-Qaria fighter who fired a few rounds from his machine gun before dying with his finger still placed on the trigger.

And at that precise moment, as Franklin diverted his attention back to his team, the corpse of the militant, as well as his machine gun, ironically - or rather, unironically, considering Team Three's "luck and skill" - plummeted down to the ground floor into one of the many fires in the building, causing a fast cook-off to spray sizzling ammunition all around Team Three's position. Burning bullets whizzed past the Captain has he hit the ground, caught off-guard. The mayhem continued for a dozen of seconds before the machine gun ran out of ammunition and the merry crackling of fire once again became the only thing to envelope the team's ears.

"Dammit, Captain!", Jameson yelled, finding herself stuck in the rubble once more. "Fuck! My leg's all messed up, I can't move!"

"Klepto, Hoyt, you two carry her out. The transports are coming back anyway, she'll have the medics in a bit."

Taking one arm each, Pvt. Klepto and Sgt. Hoyt dragged Jameson out of the complex, with Franklin ripping off the dog tags of whoever he could reach under the debris before leading the way out. The building, which had three-quarters of its infrastructure turned to ash, gave way to a square where the rest of the 22nd AWG Regiment was positioned, waiting for the transports to come in and take them. As Jameson and Hoyt squabbled behind him about the former's inconvenience, Franklin suddenly halted and squinted up at the black al-Qaria flag proudly dancing in the wind, towering over the square. Cursing under his breath, Franklin walked over to another team on the spot.

"Team Four, you have the battalion flag, don't you?"

"Affirmative, sir.", the team leader replied, signaling for one of his men to take out the piece of fabric in question.

"Alright, come over with me. We're replacing that fucking eyesore flying over us with this."

Franklin helped up the Staff Sergeant, and the pair made their way to the flagpole. "Zip it, you lot!", the Captain scolded, referring to the still-arguing Hoyt and Jameson. "Our day's bad enough as it is!", he hollered, before reaching the pole.

"Alright, help me pull down the rope.", said Franklin, as he tugged on the cord. No matter how casually regular that last move would've been anywhere else, it immediately proved to be yet another good example of Team Three's luck and skill, as three spherical objects cascaded down from the flagpole's top and bounced off its base.

"Grenades! The pole's friggin' rigged!", the Staff Sergeant screamed.

"Oh, you have to be frickin' shitting me," Franklin muttered as he covered his ears and dived behind cover.

"Sir, we're getting heaps of messages from numerous countries. The Valdians, the Brytons, and the Chilokveri are all contacting us with plans on supporting our troops. Our SSA operatives in the region have confirmed intel reports of Roskian airstrikes in the Qauwan capital, while the Slavic Federation are moving in naval forces to Qauwa from the Isles of Zerrikanin. Sources are also indication Stasnovan aircraft as well as Sde Dovian naval artillery engaging al-Qaria aircraft in Qauwan airspace. The SSA are also giving us unconfirmed reports of Vilatenst and Vhallish plans on getting involved, while local sources are confirming that al-Qaria-affiliated militants likely originating from Asuryea have just taken control of a Qauwan city in the southeast. The 22nd AWG Regiment appears to have wrapped up their job in Durkesh, and officials in Ségo are confirming that Task Force Songbird are beginning to arrive in the area."

President Lellouche looked up from the table at the messenger, a young lady in her mid-twenties, holding a mug of coffee in one hand and cramming a stack of documents and flash cards in the other.

"Well that's a mouthful, innit?", Lellouche remarked, turning back to his colleagues at the table. "I have the feeling that we'e going to see a third Great War in Atlas soon," he added, lighting a cigar.

The Minister of Defense, Wolf Blitroff, was the first to pipe up. "At this point, it would probably be best to form some sort of international coalition to get this whole situation over with as quick as possible."

"That was what I was thinking as well," Lellouche replied. "I'll reply to each of the communiques individually, then we'll send out a telegram to the lot trying to get at al-Namru and ask them if they want to form an alliance." The group nodded, and Lellouche turned back to his aide, sipping at her coffee. "Could you pass me my laptop, please?", he asked. The messenger instantly fumbled around, spilling some coffee onto herself before extending her arm for the President, who claimed his laptop from it.

RECIPIENT: -DEFENSE COMMITTEE OF THE REPUBLIC OF VALDIU-, PREVALE, VALDIU
SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: -ACRONIAN OPERATIONS IN QAUWA-

Thank you for your reply.

The Secret Security Agency has compiled a list of al-Qaria leaders and commanders within the reach of this operation's objectives. It should be noted that the individuals listed here are exclusively targets confirmed to be located within the sovereign borders of the New Republic of Qauwa at this time.

• Brahim al-Namru: De-facto leader of the New Republic of Qauwa. Also commander of all al-Qaria forces in the aforementioned nation
  • Yasir al-Jabr: al-Namru's left-hand man, also one of the sons of al-Qaria overall leader, Ali Nait Brahim al-Jabr.
  • Nor Al-Abl: High-ranking military official within al-Qaria and the New Republic.
  • Saad al-Jibn: High-ranking military official within al-Qaria and the New Republic
  • Taofiq al-Rachidi: High-ranking military official within al-Qaria and the New Republic

Intelligence on all of the aforementioned individuals are limited, although whatever intelligence we have at the moment is indicating that they are all currently located in Murzuq, the capital of the nation and al-Qaria's main stronghold in Qauwa.

We would also like to inform you that the aforementioned Acronian task force including three one-thousand man regiments of special forces has already been deployed into the proclaimed New Republic of Qauwa. Durkesh, a city in the southwest of the nation, has been taken by this task force, and all deployed Valdian personnel may use this city as a base of operations.

Regards,

RECIPIENT: -BRETWALDA CENWULF TEORELL-, LUNDENE, BRYTENE
SUBJECT: RE: -QAUWA AND AL-QARIA-

Dear Mr. Bretwalda,

I would like to thank you for your kind consolations, and we stand strong with you - having happened on Brystic soil, the attack must have been particularly disheartening for the local and national communities. Anyhow, we agree with you on the fact that action must be taken on this dangerous, evil organization and its puppet-masters.

The Commander-in-Chief of the Acronian Military Forces and I, as well as the Minister of Defense and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, have all agreed on the addition of the Brystic CSG Victrix warship into the Acronian order of battle for immediate military assistance in the area.

We would also like to inform you that an Acronian task force including three one-thousand man regiments of special forces, has already been deployed into the proclaimed New Republic of Qauwa. Durkesh, a city in the southwest of the nation, has been taken by this task force, and R-DARK personnel may use this city as a base of operations. We thank you for the information you have provided in this situation; it will be sure to aid us in this war effort.

Regards,

RECIPIENT: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN IN THE -REPULIC OF VALDIU-, THE -CONFEDERACY OF BRYTENE-, THE -FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF ROSKI-, THE -KINGDOM OF VHALLION-, THE -GREATER HUDIAN REPUBLIC-, THE -KARLAESIST MERITOCRACY OF CHILOKVER-, THE -SLAVIC FEDERATION-, THE -UNION OF SDE DOV-, THE -UNITED SOCIALIST STATES OF STASNOV-, AND THE -FEDERATED UNION OF VILATS-
SUBJECT: -COALTION IN THE NEW REPUBLIC OF QAUWA-

Dear world leaders of your respective nations,

Thank you for reading this communique. I have taken the liberty of addressing all of your esteemed nations in a single telegram here today for a special reason. For the still-unaware, President Abderrahim al-Fulani of the Republic of Qauwa was deposed earlier today in a coup-d'état perpetrated by al-Qaria militants in the nation, meaning that the aforementioned Alfashiran nation is now practically under al-Qaria's control.

The Free Union of Acronius, under my orders, has deployed a task force of roughly 27,000 military operatives into al-Qauwa in order to restore order in the nation and retaliate against al-Qaria forces in the area with lethal force. Intelligence from our nation has confirmed reports indicating that all of your nations have either begun or are preparing for an imminent attack on the nation.

With this in mind, I have decided to come forth with a proposition that would surely rid our world of a menace that has, and continues to terrorize Atlas as we speak. Following years of extremist activity and series of terrorist attacks on innocent men, women, and children all over the globe, I am hereby proposing a joint military task force between each and every single one of our nations to deploy into the proclaimed New Republic of Qauwa to topple the unlawful regime al-Qaria has imposed onto this undeserving country and its populace, and indefinitely severely cripple or entirely eradicate this organization once and for all.

Regards,
Last edited by Acronius on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rodstov
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:14 pm

3rd Zerrikanian Scout Flotilla / Just off the coast of the Greater Hudian Republic en-route to Qauwa.
Rear Admiral Atanas Zlaten Yanev / 1105hours / almost a day and a half after confirmed deployment

Aranas stood on the command deck of the Udaloy II Class Destroyer "Kovir's Pride". The Udaloy II Class Ship was a fairly large ship sitting at 535 ft long it was sizable, though it was dwarfed by the 4 Project 20183 Logistic Support Vessels that traveled with the group of ships. The 3rd Zerrikania Scout Flotilla was well suited to the task that was given to them Patrol the coast of Qauwa nothing more. The Marines however would be tasked to capture a Deep Sea port which the Slavic People's Federation Intelligence Bureau (SPFIB) had sent one of their Ground Reconnaissance Satellite to confirm the exact location of the port It would also be around for the next 72 hours for up to date movements in and around the port for purposes of planing the occupation of the port for the time they would be in Qauwa.

With the limited data available to the SPFIB, and the fact that Aranas knew it would take time for them to plan and execute the occupation of the port. Aranas had requested a Recon team to be inserted in or near the port to facilitate a safe(ish) landing. Eyes on the ground physically seeing what the Satellite was showing him would improve the chances of success. He had yet to hear back if the it would be accepted, so for the time being he would see to the protection of the large transport ships. Considering he knew that this movement wouldn't go unnoticed he had ordered to carry on with 5 hour stand to's. Every hour all shipboard personnel would go to general quarters for 25 minutes every 5 hours. This was to keep the men alert and ready. He also made sure any resting personnel would not be disturbed during these stand to's, this would ensure everyone was kept rested and at a constant state of readiness. It was unorthodox and unnecessary however conducting a this would ensure that a response to his fleets movements would be met with an appropriate response.

The Greater Hudian Republic was a relatively new nation to Rodstov, other than the odd Foreign Navy trade ship would arrive selling its goods in port. Other than that there were almost no relations with with the republic. Which with the small fleet of warships sailing through the small gap between Huda and Cavatappi. Made the Rear Admiral feel edgy as they progressed. He made sure that they were well out of the territorial waters by staying 7kms from their maritime borders. From what they were told Al Qaria had done some nasty things to most most nations in this region, though "most" was an assumption and wasn't actually looked into by their government because the issues of these people were not the same as the issues that Zerrikania was facing.

"Comrade Admiral, Sir" a voiced said breaking his train of though. His comm officer was speaking to him.

"Yes what is it Petty officer?" Atanas replied, shifting his attention to the young serviceman.

"Word for HQ for you," the Petty Officer replied, "Your eyes only sir?"

"I'll take the message in my cabin," Atanas said calmly, "Captain Dimitrova, You have the Comm." He then left with a brisk stride to the back of the bridge to exit out to the bridge crew quarters. Once he had arrived in his cabin he activated the large screen at his desk that displayed the message.

>3rd Zerrikanian Scout Flotilla / Udaloy II Class Destroyer "Kovir's Pride" /Rear Admiral Atanas Zlaten Yanev
<Zerrikanian Fleet Command Group (ZFCG)/ Slava Class Cruiser "Zerrikania's Heart" / Admiral Jan Dragomir
Acc. 12th Marine Brigade / Polkovnik (Colonel) Andonov "Angel" Valerieva
|Forwarded Message from Prime Minister Cirilla Azarov
|=Locked Bio-metric Only
|
|Forces of the Zerrikanian 3rd Scout Flotilla and the 12th Marine, The Vastava Pact will be deploying with you as well as the 1st
|Corps from the SPFAF once you capture a Port of harbor. Since your roughly a days journey I will be diverting assets that are under
|my control to you to find a sutable landing zone and objective. Once you complete your objective you job will be to hold all of the
|the ground you gained and wait for the Vastava pact to arrive. Any and all orders from any other faction are to be disregarded and
|ignored. Seize a deep sea port to offload your troops then Hold your ground. That is all.
|
|Stay Safe my honorable friends
|Ciri Azarov, Prime Minister

Atanas was shocked he had received a message from Cirilla, the leader of their country. Usually it was Jan who would send orders to them but it was on from his prime minister, Something must have happened that would cause her to do that, that she would have to confirm their orders that they were already given and send the 1st Corps. It wasn't really a Corps sized unit (roughly 50'000+ men and women) it was more like 4'000 or so veteran soldiers divided into 6 units called regiment (but again would be too small) and sent out. It seem that they would be getting reinforcements that were more than the average soldier their combat abillities were far more better than an avrage recruit however these men and women were not used to conduct special forces tasks but front line combat tasks as they were more well suited for it. Atanas was completely okay with this but he was concerned that Col. Valerieva would not be. The 12th Marines were chomping at the bit since they stuffed them on board their ships and now they were going to be replaced with the "pretty boys" from SPFAF.
Years of roleplay come down to just this nation left.

"After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and through shoals of dust, I will return to where I began"

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Senate of the Republic of Valdiu
Republic (0 Republic Boulevard), Prevale, Valdiu

Alexander Sterling had a gift. The gift of gab, one would call it. In addition to being a concise speechwriter, he truly knew how to entrance an audience. His tones and expressions and colors were as varied as that of his constituents - those who made up the Valdian melting pot, despite the predominantly caucasian citizenry - though this was citizenry only. He was notably lax towards illegal immigration, saying "it's not as if people are swimming by the drove the thousands of miles from Alfashir", "it's not as if we have any borders to cross or walls to climb", "we are an accepting nation and all I ask is that people go through the proper channels", and "illegal immigrants will be forced to go through the proper citizenship-gaining process and will not be allowed to work until they have their interim green card".

But I digress. Even now, here, among some of the toughest noses in Valdiu, his gentle face now contorted into an angry battle visage, it was clear that he had enraptured the nation's lawmakers, just like he had enraptured the public. In fact, he was probably doing both now.

"This nation has for too long stood idly by as the scum that claims to represent Islam has assaulted it left, right, and center," he said, his tone like a freight train riding on silk rails. "We are at war. We are at war even if you choose not to declare it. We are at war even if we take no action - which I will not permit. We are at war for the lives lost all around the world. We are at war because al-Qaria has, after all this time, demonstrated its ability to topple a stable government and take de facto and de jure control of a sizable chunk of territory."

He slitted his eyes and scanned the crowd. His voice became deathly still, his tone shifting to a quiet tension that conveyed anger and power and sadness and vengeance and bloodlust, intense bloodlust, all rolled into one icy, daggrous mutter. "I know some of you have viewed al-Qaria as a nuisance, nothing more than a squirrel in our tree."

He opened the floodgates. "Well, heed my words! al-Fulani is the very embodiment of the good that al-Qaria seeks to destroy. I am not exaggerating when I say that they would see this building burned to the ground, you all hung from poles by the neck, your wives tortured, and your children enslaved! I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the most dangerous enemy this nation has ever faced because they are rabid dogs. They are enemies greater than the Roskians in the Great War. They are enemies greater than Carloso was when it was here, on this very spot at this very height that Richard Craft ordered the Militia of Valdiu to fire upon the occupying forces. Roski was a bear. Carloso was a wolf. These are rabid dogs. Bears have family and self-restraint. Wolves are graceful and elegant. Rabid dogs have no mind. They think they are doing right, for their minds have been turned into jelly. They feel nothing but hate! Nothing but contempt for the amenities and freedom that you and I enjoy, that you and I pride ourselves on, and that we extend a hand to all to revel and enjoy in."

"Too long have we stood idly by, and even if you do not declare war on these bastard cowards, know that I will take action today, on behalf of Rory Whittemore, Daniel Robertson, Archbishop d'Averc, and the five thousand who died not five miles from this location. Know that this Republic has been affronted, and the sword which we keep so docilely sheathed behind the Aegis must be drawn and wielded once more, the sword coated crimson for the Aegis and the blood of those who dare to toy with her wielding it. Know that today, I ask, but do not require you,"

His tone returned to normal, but given the context of the speech, normal was frightening. "to declare war."

Outside, on the doorsteps, droves of Valdian patriots, waving Aegises and shouting slogans, erupted into cheers, having watched the speech on their phones or from the mounted speakers, though elsewhere, many Valdians opposed the measure.

It was of no avail. Weeks of filibusters, motions, protests, sequesters, and secret meetings had failed to decide whether boots were to be put on the ground.

But this speech was different. There was fire, passion normally unseen in the already passionate and fiery Sterling. It's as if he was genuinely angry, instead of the faux anger that many heads of state employed when conveying emotion.

Later that night, following only four hours of deliberation (though this was in addition to the three weeks that had been given them), they made a decision.

The Republic was going to war.

- REPUBLIC OF VALDIU -
~ Onward Audaciously ~

ADDRESSED TO: RESPECTIVE AGENCIES IN: BRYTENE : ROSKI : VHALLION : HUDA : CHILOKVER : THE SLAVIC FEDERATION : STASNOV: THE VILATS UNION

SUBJECT: RE: COALITION IN THE NEW REPUBLIC OF QAUWA

It is with great pleasure that I have been given the Defense Committee of the Republic's blessing to respond affirmatively to your most generous and fortuitous offer. I am also please to report that, following a short transit, the VCS Reach has stationed itself off the Qauwan coast. Operations have been taking place for the past day as targets within the operational range of our aircraft have begun to present themselves. As soon as suitable port or airport facilities are found, a more diverse land-based attack group will take her place and the Reach will be shuttled back to her base.

Furthermore, the Senate has approved our war statement and our Battalion has been stood up. We are ready to embark their equipment and their troops at your request.

If we prevail over this foe - and by if I do mean when - I hope we can all revel equally in the process of liberation from tyranny a whole nation and the reinstatement of a democratic government to a people who so direly need it. I hope that al-Qaria is crushed under the boots of our combined might.

~Mitchell Thromright
Director of the Embassy

Republic of Valdiu
Onward Audaciously

- REPUBLIC OF VALDIU -
~ Onward Audaciously ~

INTELLIGENCE DIRECTORY

ADDRESSED TO: MITCHELL THROMRIGHT, ALEXANDER STERLING

SUBJECT: [URGENT] INTELLIGENCE REPORTS

Mitch, Alex:

This is of the utmost importance. Our agents have sent back the data, and among target lists, troop numbers, etc., we've uncovered some very important information here:

• Operations, identities, and capabilities of their SpecOps teams. This really changes nothing, though having this information on file is incredibly useful. They're superior to RIA in many regards, though we're superior to them in just as many.
  • Strategic and tactical plans. I've sent these off to Alex, who can decide what to do with them - target lists, troop numbers, stratagems and tactics.
  • Finally - and this is imperative - something regarding a nuclear weapon. Our agents are learning more and they've assured me there's more hidden in the data, but this is top-notch Acronian encryption - it'll take a while to crack. I've assigned top VISA analysts to it. We need to be on the lookout.

I'll be sending full data packets to both of you as we decrypt them over the VALCENTNET. In the future, I'd like to suggest a backup encrypted server - maybe VALBACKNET or something less obvious.

~Malcolm Stockton
Head of the International Security and Intelligence Service
Director of Intelligence
DirOfIntel@V̢̨̯̱̣̦͚̦͚̻̱̥͛ͦ̇ͮ͌̋͋ͥ̿̿ͤͩ͌͒ͅÅ̸̵̢̨̪̫͎̮̳͎͔̘̖̑ͧ̑̑̊ͥͥ͌͌L̸̒̒͛̅ͣ͗͏̼̫͕̙͚̤̟̳̤̩͉͇̮̱̤̮ͅC̨̢̧̜̥͍̰̰̟͓̦͖̱̦͓̰͙̬̫̫̥̞͗̅̂̃̀ͪͯ̇ͭͦͣͤ͢͡E̮̮̺̼̳̼͖͔̞̿ͪ̒̍̔ͤ̉͜͠Ǹ̢̉̋̀ͧ̏̈́̐ͤͣ҉͓̬̤͉̳̟̳Ţ͉̺̩͚̝̗̺̦̮͔̖͕̹̹͙̳͑͒͂ͩͮͦ͝͞N̛̲̪̮͎̟͉̯͙͔̠͔̍ͮ̊̆̀̈̆̆̉͑̀͂̌̐ͬ̃ͬͦ̓͠Ḛ̦͓̜̜͈̰̞ͬ͑̄̃͆͊̽̂̓̓̔͑͐̎́͜T̨̛ͣ͛̉̍͑̋̌̚̚͡҉̹̙͓͖͙̖͉̪͖͓̯͉̳͘..̛̪̪̦̱̳̫͇ͭͧ̀͢v̶̨̫̯̮͍̣͇̞͙͕ͪ̓l̛ͩ̎͐̓͏̼͖͚̣̱̱d͔̜̹̘̳̭̙͇̑̈́̈́́̈̿́
Direct Mail: DirOfIntel@Republic.vld[/i]
Office: DirectoryofIntelligence@Republic.vld

Republic of Valdiu
Onward Audaciously

- REPUBLIC OF VALDIU -
~ Onward Audaciously ~

ADDRESSED TO: ROLAND LELLOUCHE, ACRONIUS

SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: ACRONIAN OPERATIONS IN QAUWA

Thank you.

We have sent our own target lists to your subordinates, along with a rough timeline of relevant operations to minimize collateral. I would ask that you do the same, as well as alerting our central command at OfficeoftheDefenseCommittee@Republic.vld of any impending (I.E., within the next 24 hours) operations to minimize collateral.

~Mitchell Thromright
Director of the Embassy

Republic of Valdiu
Onward Audaciously

Last edited by Valdiu on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu

-

Stasnov
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stasnov » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:02 am

United Socialist Republics of Stasnov
"Liberty, Socialism, Motherland"

Commissariat of Foreign Affairs

To: The esteemed governments of the Free Union of Acronius and the states aforementioned
Subject: Re; Coaliation in the New Republic of Qauwa
Encryption: Maximum

Greetings friends and comrades,

The government of the United Socialist Republics of Stasnov, while already dedicating military assets for the elimination of the threat of al-Qaria in the self-proclaimed New Republic of Qauwa, will happily contribute more funds, material and personnel to that effort.

For those unaware, of the Frontal Aviation and Long Range Aviation Commands Stasnovan Revolutionary Air Force stationed in and operating front the Stasnovan military bases in the Union of Sde Dov, have launched several strikes against al-Qaria, as well as formed Qauwan military units that have defected to the terrorist side, all with high levels of success.

Furthermore, we have several units of the Stasnovan Revolutionary Army, as well as the Stasnovan Air-Landing Forces (VDV) in a status of high readiness for deployment aborad. However, the members of this Coaliation should know that the support we will be able to contribute is relatively limited, due to the war of aggression the rogue state of the Empire of Elesar has launched on our western border to annex our territory.

Moving on, after a meeting of the Council of the Vastava Pact (Vastava Council) and a collective vote of its members, it has been decided that the Vastava Pact will enter the Coaliation as an alliance, with its members coordinating their efforts. As such, on behalf of the Vastava Pact, the goverment of the United Socialist Republics of Stasnov proposes that a Vastava Pact Area Of Responsibility (AOR) is created for the invasion, and later pacification of Qauwa. This would allow the troops there, being intergrated into the common Vastava Pact Military Command structure, to work better and be as efficient as possible under collective VP command.

Signed,
Nikita Eduardovich Makarov
Commissar of Foreign Affairs
#ValaranSoFab
My alt/secondary account: Chalcia
My FT alt account: Union of Collectivist Systems
19 years old, Greek, male, heterosexual, Communist, LGBT rights supporter, secularist, atheist
Puzikas wrote:"Wanna know how I got these scars?"- Gorby probably

Yalos wrote:"Nazi Germany lost WW2 because it thought like an NS player"

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 am

Nanchiya, Federal Republic of Roski
State of Roski
Nanchiyan Brigades Office
Time of Sending of Telegram from Acronius

A young man walked into the Nanchiyan Brigades Headquarters in Russo. A telegram, sent to a total of 8 nations, with nine nations in the area. This telegram suggested a proposal. The Stasnovan and Valdian response was quick to follow, and it was tasked with making what the information was. It would simplify the telegrams, and readdress them to the President and Secretary of Defence, which would be the ones acting on it.

When the president arrived, he was greeted nicely, and then taken to his seat.

"Mr. President, this is Special Agent Anita. She's in charge of the foriegn communications sector of Nanchiya," the agent extended his hand to a young girl, maybe late twenties, who had a tablet with her. The President nodded, then motioned for her to begin.

"With what we've got, Acronius wants to form a coalition between ourselves, Brytene, Chilokver, Vhallion, Huda, Stasnov, Vilats Union, and the Slavic Federation. This indicates a large amount of powers aiming at one target. Furthermore, the Vastava Pact has aligned itself with the goals of the Coalition. In terms of strength, we do outnumber the Al-Qarians by means that are not really fair to them. Acronius has a current of 27,000 troops in Qauwa, and we are moving 40,000 into striking position. The RSS Republika Srpska will lead a naval strike group to help deal with the threats."

"Valdiu has indicated it is ready for battle, and they are ready to embark with a batallion. Our dear neighbor has offered at the Vastava Pact has its own AOR, which several of us have voiced concerns about. They claim its for structure, but with our overwhelming political and diplomatic power there, we have fears they would use it to turn Alfashir against us. I propose that the Roskian Republic does directly cooperate with the Vastava Pact, maybe as a show of force, maybe as a way to say 'This isn't going to be just you buddy', and maybe as a way to strengthen relations. Our forces in Kwadai are already mobilized, but we've elected to hold them back as a defence unit, in case the Al-Qarian infection spreads. Ultimately, that's your choice, but I feel that our imput would be helpful."

The president wrote a couple of things on his notebook he brought, before speaking. "When can we have a response to Acronius, and the members of the so called Coalition?"

"Pretty much before you get out of security, sir"

"Good, I want to go ahead and confirm our membership in this coalition. We'll offer our base in Farrah to work as a coalition group. This will help us well, and provide a secure place in a nice, already combative country to work with," he stated, with the Secretary of Defence nodding to confirm the idea, "But do put that Roski does not want a Vastava Pact AOR, or a Roskian AOR, or a Valdian AOR, with so many AORs, the country will be split into too many sections, it could collapse on itself again."

MESSAGE from the Government of the Federal Republic of Roski
Security Level: Standard PHALANX Communication Code
Subject: RE: Coalition
To:The Governments of Stasnov, Acronius, Huda, Valdiu, Vilats Union, The Slavic Federation, Chilokver, and Vhallion

The Armed Forces of the Roskian People would be glad to support a military coalition from the above states against the evils of al-Qaria, with the final goal to be to restore the previous government of Quawa as best we can.

However, we must respectfully decline the usages of Areas of Responsibilities, citing the potential structural damage that could be done to the damage in the long term. A worldwide coalition in which forces are competently working together will not only show the terrorists that the world is unified against them, but show the oppressed that the world is unified in the struggle to help them.

Signed -
Anita Boreskenov
Department Leader of Roskian Foriegn Communications Regarding War in Alfashir
Artur Maksimov
President of the Federal Republic of Roski, Commander and Chief of the Roskian Armed Forces
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Tennstedt
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tennstedt » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Chancellor's Office
Chancellorial Estate
(Achterberg Haus)
011 Vermillion Ave.
Lanzenreiter, Tennstedt
January 16, 2016
7:44 P.M.

Elias Schwarzes, by this point, had had a very, very long day.

The Chancellor of Tennstedt had woken up to a broken coffee machine, which, obviously, lead to a miserable morning. Sitting at his morning meeting, he'd learned that the manhunt for the perpetrators in the Ebenholzhalteeinrichtung incident had still been relatively fruitless, work on the TNS Bismarck continued per usual, the economy was normal, as was the military, the Größerkammer was voting on a bill today that would allow a larger and more efficient welfare program, and a plethora of other information. By the time an aide was able to return from the local Graualpine with a dozen cups of coffee and 2 dozen doughnuts, the morning meeting was over. As such, the most interesting part of Chancellor Schwarzes' morning was the social held in the North Wing meeting room over some of Lanzenreiter's best coffee and doughnuts. Per usual, however, the Minister of Interior, Elia Aleshite, excused herself, tutting about her new diet plan and how she had to go to an appointment with her nutritionist- to the Minister of Defense's obvious chagrin, naming her a neo-hipster loonie, earning a sigh from the Chancellor.

By the time Elias Schwarzes could have a proper breakfast of some rather well-made, fat sausages, toast and Grauben gravy and potatoes, he was already head-first into his daily duties- writing correspondences, replying to eager schoolchildren to answer questions, putting his seal on this and his signature on that, lasting well into the afternoon. His guards stood idly by throughout the day hours.

Cars drove, people shouted, children played, the police got into a firefight in the Stahllicht District, and many other eventful and uneventful occurrences happened within the city of Lanzenreiter. Of course, he took an hour's break to welcome his children, Adeline and Thomas, back from grade school, and his wife, Sara, from her own job at Tennstedten Rundfukgesellschaft, where she was a journalist herself, though refusing to work as the primary correspondent in the Chancellorial Estate. It wasn't common for the wife of a Chancellor to even hold a job, which had earned her the admiration of the people and the nickname of "Standhaft Sara", or Steadfast Sara. It was a bonus for Chancellor Schwarzes' approval ratings, ones he would need when debates for re-election started later this year.

Though, it wasn't until the sun began to make it's descent that Chancellor Schwarzes knew that his long day would become even longer.

The aide, in a grey business shirt, a black tie, black pants and black shined shoes, burst through the heavy oak doors of the office with a bang. The G36c carbines of his guard were up instantly, almost putting the man down, until he threw his hands up, panting as if he hadn't ran in a good few weeks.

"C..chancellor Schwarzes.." The young aide rasped, leaning on the door. "Y...your presence is requested in the Situation Room."

The Chancellor stood, alarmed and confused at the same time. The appearance of two other guardsmen behind him confirmed his suspicions. "The Führungsstab and the Defense Minister are all in presence, sir."

The Chancellor nodded, motioning for the two men behind him to follow. A long day would soon become a long night.

Situation Room
Chancellorial Estate
(Achterberg Haus)
011 Vermillion Ave.
Lanzenreiter, Tennstedt
January 16, 2016
8:07 P.M.

The situation room was located in the bunker bellow 011 Vermillion Avenue colloquially known as the Kanzlerbunker, where the Chancellor and his Cabinet could both hide out when there were threats on the surface and carry out military operations as needed.

In the Situation Room, an ovular wooden table sat in the center of a room with televisions, with laptops sat at every desk. The Streitkräfte's Führungsstab, the Command Staff, sat at positions around the table- the Bodenmacht's General Hans Voigt, the Meereskraft's Admiral Jonas Brandt, the Luftwaffe's General Karl Fornster, the Meeresinfanterie's Generalleutnant Lucas Sommer, the Hilfgruppe's Generalleutnant Otto Möller, formerly of the Bodenmacht, and the Minister of Defense, Armin Dieter. All experienced men who had earned their ways to their positions, all men in their senior years, who had spent the greater parts of their life fighting in mud and rain and snow. Of course, Schwarzes had his own military experience, serving as a Stabshauptmann in the Bodenmacht, but these were career military men, while he was a politician.

"Generals, Admirals, Minister." He nodded. "Let's.."

"Let's get to it." The Minister of Defense finished for him. "There's been a situation. Herr Möller, if you'd please?"

The screen ahead of the men in the room immediately turned to a scene of carnage, and from the skyline, Elias recognized it as Kräheburg.

A large concentration of flashing police lights could be seen from downtown, supplemented by Puma IFVs and Humvees from the Bodenmacht. Officers in uniform brandishing shotguns, rifles and pistols alongside armed soldiers with rifles, machine guns and other heavy weaponry aimed at a government building. Tactical response teams were alongside them, prepared to storm the building. Police helicopters flew overhead, with bright beams of light and sniper teams.

"What the hell am I seeing?!" Elias demanded.

"Sir, Kraheburg's been in a developing situation for the past hour. We weren't alerted until Kräheburg's police notified us of a 'possible terrorist threat', which has been confirmed."

The Defense Minister continued. "The police have confirmed that these militants are nothing less than.."

"Al-Qaria, I figured as much." Elias bared his teeth. "So you're telling me that Tennstedt for certain has Al-Qaria presence. A rather strong one, I'd presume, especially since it hasn't been a month since we had GSG-9 sweep the town."

"You can correctly assume that, Mister Chancellor." Voigt gave a nod.

"And I've already gotten the briefing on what's happening in Quawa and Acronius and all the others. These goddamn extremists are putting a dent in Tennstedt's security." Elias nodded.

"I want another 4,500 men put into Kräheburg as soon as possible, and that needs to include armored, mechanized infantry, and helicopters. The city and everything in a fifty mile radius of it is under martial law until further notice, and whoever's in command there will report to me. Voigt, as soon as we leave."

"Understood."

"Brandt, I want the First Fleet on combat standby. Möller, I want supplies for an air and possibly a small ground campaign ready immediately, and that includes logistics vehicles."

"Yes, sir."

"This is a bold world we step into this year, gentlemen. A bold one, indeed."

BREAKING NEWS
Hostage Situation in Kraheburg
14 confirmed dead, Al-Qaria presumed as perpetrators

A group of military policemen blocking off the area surrounding the Dachs complex.

Alex Stohlmann (@alex_stohlmann )
19 January 20:22pm | Kräheburg, Tennstedt

Kräheburg, Tennstedt Tonight in Kräheburg, citizens sleep in fear for their lives.

At around 6:40 P.M. local time, the Dachs building, a federal administrative office within Kräheburg, was raided and captured by militants armed with assault rifles and shotguns. 7 people were killed during the initial assault, and the building was overtaken by the militants within a short 15 minutes.

Police responding to the situation were met by the militants with threats of executing hostages if the building was entered. Military units arrived after about an hour, along with armored vehicles and helicopters.

Police have sealed off the surrounding area, and the military has enforced a mandatory curfew, ordering citizens to return to their home. The government has not been able to make a statement on the events as of yet, but are expected to do so timely.

"The situation here is terrifying!" A local resident, Angela Hage, said to reporters. "One minute I was socializing over cheese and wine, the next soldiers are ordering me to go home! There's no telling what exactly's happening right now, but it sure must be bad!"

As of yet, attempts to contact or negotiate further with the occupants or the militants within the Dachs building has failed.

"We're not ruling out terrorism- no, this is an act of terrorism." Kräheburg Police Chief Hans Donner said in a press conference. "We believe an Islamic organization like Al-Qaria to be the instigators, but we don't have enough evidence to come to a conclusion."

More info on this story will be released as it develops and becomes available.

Image 25,383 comments

stackman44 · 9 minutes ago
Wow, this is awful. Stay safe if you're near Kräheburg tonight, lads.

450 up · 131 down
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

nogodbutgod · 9 minutes ago
Allah wills the death of the pagan Tennstedten! Allahu Ackbar!

12 up · 731 down

deltaxv19 · 12 minutes ago
@nogodbutgod go fuck yourself you haji cunt, fight me in real life

420 up · 69 down
Last edited by Tennstedt on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sde Dov
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sde Dov » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:17 am

Al-Qaria base, Nazat-Quawa border
2:32PM, January 18, 2016

Hamid al-Hussein walked up to the microphone, where his force of 3,000 fighters was gathered. It had been a good start to the year for al-Qaria, with the capture of the state of Quawa. The plunder of advanced military equipment would be good for their offensive against Nazat, which had been hindered by Sde Dovian airstrikes. He smiled as he began to speak.

"Warriors of the Jihad! Today we will stomp on the crusaders that is Nazat and Sde Dov! With our new weapons, a gift from the Almighty, we will establish the Caliphate!"

The sound of Kalashnikov fire could be heard as some of the fighters fired their guns in celebration. al-Hussein paused and smiled.

"The time to strike is now! We will strike them where it hurts, and we will march on their capital with the flag of the Caliphate, God willing!"

Sde Dovian National Reconnaissance Office
Sde Dov City, Sde Dov
12:37AM, January 19, 2016

The National Reconnaisance Office, the department of the Sde Dovian Central Intelligence Agency was slow at this time at night. They operated Sde Dov's fleet of satellites and MQ-1 Predator drones. Over the Quawa-Nazat border, a Predator was flying overhead, transmitting the recieved signals back to Sde Dov.

The operator of one of the drones looked intently at his monitor, looking for anything unusual All he saw so far were the occassional civilian truck crossing the border. He panned the camera and saw a column of vehicles moving towards the Quawan side of the border. He could see M48s, M113s, and technicals on the highway. It was unusual, as there were no Sde Dovian or Nazati forces for hundreds of kilometers. He blinked. He had been on duty since 7:30PM, and he was getting tired. No, it wasn't his imagination.

"We've got a column of AQs crossing the border into Quawa!" called out the operator, breaking the monotony of the night.

The watch officer, a 30-something man called David went over to the operator's desk.

"Shit, this is Red level!"

Red level meant that the President had to be informed within 15 minutes. That meant rousing the President from his sleep.

"Wait, weren't there Acronian troops engaged in battle 80 clicks out?" said the operator.

"Yeah."

David ran to the phone. He dialled a number.

"Get me the President."

Independence Palace
Sde Dov City, Sde Dov
12:46AM

President Vladimir Putrov awoke at the ringing of the phone. He turned on his lamp and grabbed the handset.

"Da. Vladimir Putrov speaking."

"Mr. President, this is David San Juan from the National Reconnaissance Office, and we have just spotted columns of Al-Qaria vehicles moving towards the border to Quawa. Looks to be battalion strength, and they may be heading for Durkesh, where Acronian troops are engaged in battle with AQ troops. Your call."

"Da, thank you. Get a flash off to the Acronian Defense Ministry ASAP."

The President put down the phone and dialled the Federal Military Command Center. It was only a matter of time, and he could still get F-16s in the air.

Brytene
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brytene » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Off the coast of Qauwa, near Durkesh, Jenubun Province
CFS Tadamichi

The CSG Victrix, a strike group consisting of several major combatants led by the aging but proud CFS Tadamichi, had weighed anchor in the waters off of Qauwa, and was even now preparing to stage major aerial sorties in support of the 22nd AWG Regiment from Acronius. Meanwhile, in the belly of the long carrier, a small team of men and women were preparing themselves for combat once more. Under Major James 'Truck' Salary, recently promoted for his actions during the South Zevgorian-Dagelian conflict, the platoon of R-DARK Rangers were gearing up ready for insertion into Qauwa. Their mission was primarily intel-gathering, but they also had a suit of cards shortlisted for capture, mostly human trafficking specialists and radicalist preachers - their aim was to tap off the flood of Al-Qarian recruits pouring out of Qauwa. They would of course support regular Acronian operations as a sort of quid-pro-quo, in the expectation that Acronius would cooperate with them on their task and would share relevant intel.

In the narrow hold room, illuminated by fluorescent lights and marked by navy blue fold-down cots, the nine special operatives were sat, sprawled, or lying prone, chatting amongst themselves, reading, or otherwise occupying their time. Salary, Lutyanka, and Bamfleot were playing Texas Hold 'Em, a game at which Lutyanka excelled because the Lieutenant's perpetual scowl made for the perfect poker face. Despite her prickly demeanour, Salary trusted Lutyanka and had even been treated to the rare glimpse of the human being behind the palisade of laconic sarcasm. Looking around at the team, he allowed himself a grin. Qauwa would be dangerous, no doubt about that, but compared to their last actions it would be a cakewalk. In the tense border regions of Dagelia and South Zevgoria, he and his troops had been up against tough nationalist militia, well equipped and heavily armed as regular military formations, with support from the powerful war machine of Roski. This time, they were up against fundamentalist guerrillas, badly armed and poorly trained, with a rag-tag leadership and little by way of materiel or military tail. So long as they stayed sharp and kept about their business, he didn't think they'd have to lose anyone this time. Not after Sanders, spitting up blood from a wire-guided missile which had brought half the building down on top of him in some backalley in South Zevgoria....

Approaching Durkesh, Jenubun Province
Glaive One

Hurtling through the skies were two Spearfighter multi-role attack jets, in the muted grey-blues of naval fighters of Brytene. Highly survivable and with a raft of top-tier design elements, these expensive 4.5 generation vehicles had been built as part of a joint programme with the Allied Connurist States, and this marked the first time they had been deployed to an active fire mission. In the cockpit of Glaive One, leading the pair, was Lieutenant Colonel Allen Towers, whilst behind him sat Major Genevive McKnight. The duo had logged dozens of flight hours in the powerful new craft and were eager to try it out in a real combat situation, even if they did had an AEWAC craft and a squadron of Vek fighters behind them as back-up. They were not expecting any real resistance from the ground - it was unlikely the Al-Qarian affiliates even had the technology to spot the Spearfighters, let alone bring them down, but it always paid to be careful.

They had been given orders to carry out fire missions in support of the 22nd AWG Regiment from Acronius. Apparently they were holding the centre of Durkesh, but were taking a beating from insurgents and the like. The narrow streets and low clay buildings made for difficult targets with plenty of civilian casualty potential, but the Spearfighters were loaded up with top-of-the-range smart missiles designed for anti-personnel and surgical strike use by IDAItech and the Carlossians. The Acronians had flagged up a courtyard that they reckoned was a local command centre, along with a long market which had a suspicious lack of stalls and customers which they believed was an arms cache. The new missiles were GOLIS variants, with DSMAC targeting to be locked in by Major McKnight following an initial flyby.

They approached the target at a dull roar, screaming past the building complex and banking around to the east as Glaive Two ran through the target zone. Glaive Two was trialling a software system which could generate digital maps of small regions, allowing for precision strikes without prior reconnaissance, but the area had already been overflown by UAV drones in order to glean the information necessary. Trailing behind, Major McKnight had already used the data collected earlier to programme in the strikes, a single missile for the large suite on the top floor of the half-abandoned building with its large sehan, with three to slam into the shuttered doors of the market.

The radio crackled to life. "G-One, this is T-Con, you are cleared to strike". Glaive Two had obviously liked what they'd seen, and so the fire mission was go. Following in the trails of the first Spearfighter, Towers guided the warplane along a path passing the northern edge of the building. Flames jetted from underneath the wing pylons as four missiles streaked away in quick succession, screaming down to bring death and destruction to the dots far below. The first missile ploughed straight through a large open window and into a large, sparse room, filled with rugs and cushions, crates and ammo piles, a single ancient desktop on a folding table, and a dozen Al-Qarian commanders and captains, as well as several serving women. The blast sent stone and rubble spewing out into the tranquil courtyard, shaking a cloud of dust from the building, as inside the few who were not instantly killed by shrapnel or shockwave were hurled to the floor or flung across the open space, limbs battered and bones broken, saved only by the lack of interior walls which allowed the force to dissipate a little quicker than it should have.

The three missiles aiming at the market punched through the wooden doors with uncanny accuracy, ploughing deep into the dark recesses where at least one of them found a serious target, sending a wave of fire rippling through the sooty glass roof and shuddering an entire two bays to ruin, pouring filthy black smoke into the sky.

Bang on target though McKnight, smiling to herself, even as Towers whooped appreciately, congratulating his copilot for the hits. As they banked to return to the Tadamichi, following in the wake of Glaive Two, the pilots turned their minds to the debrief and performance reviews - it felt like the Spearfighter had just kicked some serious shit about, but confirmation from the analysts was always good. Besides, they wanted to see the UAV and Acronian reports that would soon flood in, and find out just how hard they'd hit the Al-Qarian bastards...

Confederacy of Brytene
Into The Storm
To: President Roland Lellouche
Cc: Involved parties
Encryption: Military grade

RE: -COALITION IN THE NEW REPUBLIC OF QAUWA-

Dear Mr President,

As you are no doubt aware, the CSG Victrix is already on-station providing fire support to the 22nd AWG Regiment in Durkesh. The Confederate Brytisc Fleet is more than ready to commit the CSG Victrix to a multi-national coalition levelled against the threat of Al-Qaria, and we would be willing to cooperate with the allied governments further in efforts to bring down this barbaric threat to civilisation.

Signed,
Cenwulf Teorell, on behalf of the Witenagmot and the people of Brytene
Bretwalda and Commander-in-Chief
Last edited by Brytene on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brytene is: centrist, pagan, democratic, free-market
Imperalizt Russia wrote:Being on fire will affect shot placement

Socialist Mercanda wrote:Incumbent Blessed Brytene, who is rumoured to be one of the many lovechildren made by Amin and his 69,420,666 wives has retired and we thank him for his glorious service to this region! Glory!

Imperial Nalydya wrote:Spent too much damn time with the nations of Laptev. The old professionals...
The Obi-Wan of New Atlas
My IIwiki is no longer 100% canon
pls contain your salt

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents