NATION

PASSWORD

Ascent of Glory III: A Continent Aflame IC (Sunalaya Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Ascent of Glory III: A Continent Aflame IC (Sunalaya Only)

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:06 pm

The Ascent of Glory
Iasonian Troops Prepare to March to Rezualand

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_6AQA4uzD0

June 28, 1910: Jamestown

The Emperor stood at the table. He worse a brilliant white uniform, with typical gold trimmings, buttons, and was decorated with medals across his entire chest. In front of him was a map. It was laid out, with orange markers representing his troops, and blue, known enemy positions. Around him, other uniformed military men stood, some with drinks, others smoking. Most of them wore a dress similar to that of their Emperor, with the exception of bright orange pants. Most of them were smiling. After all, their plan was about to go into place. The Emperor walked over to the liquor cart, and took a glass for himself. Quickly it was filled with some whiskey. He had it in a single shot. Many of the other men smiled. It was the time they were all waiting for. Finally, a messenger rushed in. He bowed to his majesty, and handed him the telegraph. It was from the commander.

Dear Your Royal Greatness,

The entire IV Iasonian Army Corps, of your 600,000 men, are prepared to strike west into the mountain area of Rezua. We are prepared to begin our operations with the forward divisions of the 7th and 8th complete command, under the control of Major-General Dic-mann and Liutenant-General von Mirbach. The 7th comprised of 13th and 14th Infantry Brigades, consisting of Prince Leopold of Anhal, Dessau's 1st Magdeburg Regiment, 3rd Magdeburg Infantry Regiment, Price Louis Ferdinand von Preussen's Hannov Infantry Regiment. Attached to the 7th is Magdedburg's Hussars No.5-10, and Uhlan Regiment of Altmark No.16 Lancer divisions.

In the 8th are the 15th and 16th Brigades, comprising of Magdedburg Fusilier Regiment, an Anhal Infantry Regement, the 4th and 8th Thuringen Infantry, with Magdedburg Cuirassiers. The Calvary is commanded by Colnel Frolich. I will be serving in the 8th m'lord.

Careful reconnaissance has shown the occupied area to be defended by several Rezuan regiments. The position is naturally a strong one, but with our spies we will isolate the regiments in the fills of our forefathers. I wish you the best, and may god be with us in our campaign.

Long live the Emperor!
Supreme Command General von Kleppen.

Rezua, Katyusha

The man walked into the telegraph station. He wore a black bowler hat, white collard shirt, black tie, and brown jacket. His light brown pants matched his shoes. He wore a clearly proud mustash. The office was only home to a few gentlemen, most of which were employed by the company. It was a quite day. The sky was clear, the weather fine. Most people could be seen walking about town, enjoying the lovely weather. The man walked up to the clerk. The clerk, well dressed himself, smiled to the man.

"What can I do for you, sir?" he asked. The newcomer took a note out of his pocket.

"I have an urgent message for my mother in the capital. She is dying, good sir, and I must have this message delivered at once." The clerk took the letter. His smile dissapeared from his face.

"My apologies sir," he replied in a voice of great sorrow. "We have been unable to reach the capital for the past few hours. It appears that the branch has had some difficulty. I will make sure-"

"But my mother!" the costumer shouted. "I must! Please, there must be a relay of some sort." The clerk thought about that. It was possible, they didn't try it yet, to relay the message across another city. The clerk invited the man back to see what they could do. Upon entering the back, the letter was given to the receiver. Another employer came up to tell them that most of the lines were down to the west.

Then suddenly, the costumer took out a pistol. "GET DOWN, ALL OF YOU!" he shouted. The clerk and other employee cowered. "I NEED THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE SENT TO CHARLESBURG." he continued. "If you do that, you may live." The clerk nodded, and walked over to the machine. The wire was live, but silent. The costumer spoke again.

"THIS IS REZUA. STOP. WE HAVE TAKEN THE Katyusha LINE. STOP. BEGIN. STOP." The clerk sent the message to the Empire of Iason. His congratulations would be to be promptly shot. The other employee would meet the same faith. Across eastern Rezua, spies would hijack telegraph exchanges and cut wires to the west. Some of the spies would die in their attempt to seize or destroy the lines. Back in the empire, they would be given burials as heroes.

Fourth Iasonian Army Corps Headquarters, 10Km from Rezuan Boarder

General von Kleppen greeted the messenger as he rushed into the camp on horseback. He took the message and smirked. For the past few hours, he has received confirmation of the sabotage of Rezuan telegraph lines. His army was now ready to strike. With the sound of a bugal, the army, which was in marching order, was to advance. The man took in the fresh morning air. The main bulk of his army would reach the boarder by mid day. The forward divisions, of cavalry, motorized cars and train deployed troops, would be at their targets within the next few hours. Their objectives would be to seize bridges, rail road crossings and roads into Rezua at the boarder. 400,000 infantry, 100,000 artillery men, and 100,000 cavalry was off to war. The General would follow the army as they marched into Rezua. Their first overall objective was to seize Rezuan forts along the boarder and move to occupy former Empire lands. The army's colors of white and orange made of a bright sea of colors as they marched forward, onto glory.
Last edited by United Soviet Jason Republic on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:36 pm

OOC: this is more a post to tag the Rp so I can join when i actually have the time
IC:

the Ile of Flowers, Rhodevus
June 28, 1910

General Beauregard stepped off the old ship. It was one of the few iron propellered military vessels that the Kingdom of Rhodevus was allowed to openly possess, in accordance to the laws of Aznazia. The ship creaked and rocked unevenly against the soft waves as they splashed harmlessly against the rusted hull. He looked down at all the crustaceans growing on the rust, thinking to himself, "I must have a cabin boy clean that before I depart."

Walking down the gangway, his boots hammering into the wooden planks as he walked towards the soldiers in front of him, he looked around at the natural beauty of the Rhodeve territory. Corporal Johnston saluted the general. "Corporal, can you smell that?"

"Yes sir." The corporal replied, following alongside his commanding officer.
"No you don't. You have been on this island for far too long to notice any different smells."
"Yes sir." The corporal replied.
"That is the smell of progress." General Beauregard continued. "The world is changing. but some fifty or so years ago, we were the largest empire on the planet. And now we are a beacon of new progress and industrialization. Look here at this island, you are far too young to remember the days that the Ile of Flowers was nothing but a barren and uncultured wasteland. Not a single smeltery or factory in sight."
"Yes sir."
"Now look at this. A massive iron mine and coal plantation. We have ship builders and the beginnings of a great city. And that is the main reason i have been asked to come here. By Queen Maya Angellos herself, no less."

The general and corporal arrived at their location, a small military installation with some two hundred soldiers. What made up the entire Rhodeve Eastern Army. All the soldiers and cadets were practicing their drills; perfect footwork and technique was quickly becoming commonplace in the Rhodeve army, trumping the need for large amounts of soldiers. "My yes, what brilliance. Still as small as when I was the commander of the Royal East. Yes, yes. Anyways, it has been asked of me, in high secrecy, that the Rhodeve Eastern Army to commandeer the ship manufactories and mines of this island, in order to begin producing the finest navy in Rhodevus. We want you to spare no expense. And once each ship is complete, it is to be dressed up as a trade vessel, with Rhodeve and Aznazian flags, and sent directly to Port Joy."

Corporal Johnston saluted, "yes sir. We can begin straight away. Does this mean that the Aznazians are relinquishing their hold over Rhodevus?"
General Beauregard laughed, patting the corporal on the shoulder. "Of course not! An empire does not relinquish control. It loses it. It is in Queen Angellos's humble opinion, that the Aznazians are too busy island conquering, to realize that we in Rhodevus are growing bolder. Before venturing to the Ile, I was travelling coast to coast to coast, flipping the switches of the army and navy into high gear. The entire country is preparing for a war. One that the queen hopes to avoid."
"So, she is building an army with no intent on using it?" The corporal asked, confused.
"If we can grow our army to rival even that of the Aznazians, as well as gain the favour of strong allies, especially of the Oblarenites, we can 'convince' the high council that allowing for our freedom can be the smartest course of action. No fighting needed."

The corporal smiled. He had heard stories from his grandfather of the greatness that once beheld Rhodevus. The great armies and navies that had conquered and civilized the world. He still thought that the whole empire business was tomfoolery, but the glory and respect was something that everyone wanted. It was why he first joined the army to begin with.
"Aye sir. We will begin construction of ships, as well as recruit new soldiers from the commoners."
"That is the spirit i want to see from my officers. Remember, the army does not accept conscriptees. only those who have chosen of their own free will to join the army and navy may join."

Corporal Johnston nodded. "Now," the general continued, "please direct me to the nearest tavern. I am in desperate need for a drink."
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Philomachus
Envoy

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Philomachus » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Location - The Ruff House

Blasius Merrem sat alone on the stairs of his mansion, watching the sun set over the watery horizon. This evening provided a particularly enthralling show, and a gentle pink light caressed the weary Lord of Philomachus. The man had seen a lot in his day, from heading the Ruffians to leading the coalition against his Lindian suppressors. However, today had taken an even larger toll on him- he had just returned from his wife's funeral earlier that day, and he wasn't feeling up to his usual, arrogant self.

"My Lord? Are you quite alright?"

Blasius slowly turned to see his young second-in-command, Mathurin Brisson, holding two cups of freshly-brewed coffee in his hands.

"Ah, Mathurin," he smiled, "It's always a pleasure to see your chipper face around. It provides an old man hope for a newly born nation."

"Thank you, my Lord," Mathurin responded, "and the same to you."

"Well, I may not be so much 'young' as 'not dead yet,'" Lord Merrem laughed, "What brings you here?"

"Oh, I merely had some questions for you, if you wouldn't mind, my Lord," Mathurin said, "Care for a coffee?"

"It would by my pleasure on both accounts, young man," he answered, "What is it you'd like to talk about?"

Location - Mrs. Barntoter's Backyard

Daisy D. Barntoter watered her lilacs, humming her favorite tunes as she went from plant to plant. At 72 years of age, she was as resilient as ever, yelling and screaming her way through everyday life like she did through her divorce hearings. If one thing was for sure, it was that Mrs. Barntoter hated a lot of things.

One thing she did love, though, was her garden. She had won several awards for her arrangement of the various flora and fauna she kept, and she was very proud of it. It took her fifteen years to ween it into the healthy, thriving masterpiece it was today. She toiled in the soil, day in and day out, and woe be to any unassuming child who stepped on a single blade of her grass.

"Those damn kids, playing soldier in my backyard!" she muttered, "They better be ready to fight, because next time one of those rascals intrudes on my lawn, the nation of My-Foot-ia's gonna invade the sovereign country of Their @$$!"

Location - The Philo-Smoya Sea

The two sailors watched as the lifeless body of Blasius Merrem sank to the bottom of the sea.

"Do you think we gave it enough weight?" asked the first sailor.

"Of course we did! If we didn't," the other sailor panicked, "the boss may have us go down to look for him!"

"You don't really believe in all of that Cthulhu crap, do you?" chuckled the first sailor.

"Hey, stranger things have happened," he retorted, "We just got rid of the Lord's body, didn't we?"

A Message From Philomachus

To: The Leaders of the World
Encryption: None

Greetings, fellow world leaders,

It is my duty as the new Lord of Philomachus to introduce myself to you. My name is Mathurin Brisson, I've spent twelve years fighting for the guarantee of my country's freedom, and I am prepared to go to any length necessary to propel my country's goals.

If you have any questions on the planned activities of the Ruffian government, please telegram me. I would be happy to hear from any of you fine men and women.

Sincerely yours,
Lord Mathurin Brisson
2nd Lord of Philomachus
Last edited by Philomachus on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DefCon 5- Peacetime Operations
DefCon 4- Gathering Intelligence
DefCon 3- Readied Military Assets
DefCon 2- Increased Military Use
DefCon 1- Extreme Military Use
Vekalse: Wow, you're turning me on for some reason.

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:18 pm

I am only tagging but I promise to post as soon as possible. The earliest time would be Thursday evening.
Last edited by Aznazia on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Near the Soviet Advance

The 4th Army was a division of 20,000 soldiers from the Benstal Fortress. Since the Esteemed General Erich Hoepner commanded the men of the 4th it was one of the best Rezuan armies, second only to the 9th army. They were devoted and well-trained. Benstal was located near the small city of Krismith. In this time of peace, soldiers off duty usually traveled into the city to drink, to flirt and to pick up personal goods.

Private First Class Klaus Schäfer stood in a crowded general store with his other friends, Eccard Heinemann, Degenhard Krancke, and Eginhard Tromm. They were all the same rank as Klaus but Klaus was the youngest of the bunch, being 17, the lowest allowed age limit. The others were 18, except Eccard who was 19. Their Corporal, Konstantin Strohm, was to be the one watching over them during battle. He was a proud man who smoked often, unlike the "boys", what he called Klaus and his friends. They, unlike him, were too young to smoke and shave he declared. To prove him wrong Eccard made a habit of shaving and smoking at the same time when Konstantin would walk in to their barracks.

In the back of the room stood Nicolas Everen, a young officer, brother of Augustus Everen and Dimitri Everen. Nicolas, like Augustus and Dimitri, was a decorated soldier. The Everens had made their fame in various skirmishes for the glory of the Empire. He was there to make sure that the soldiers didn't do anything stupid to annoy the people there.

Klaus was waiting in line to send a telegraph back home to his family. After being pushed and shoved around a little he neared the front of the line. Although Klaus liked being a soldier he was embarrassed when in public. He was short, standing 5' 6" when most soldiers stood 5' 9" to 6' 2". It annoyed him to no end when a girl or woman taller than him smiled down at him, amused that a solider was so short. Klaus was about to get his turn when a man in a black coat pushed in front of him. Shortie or no, Klaus was a soldier and no civilian ever dared to be so rude to a soldier. Klaus' face became red as he shouted "Hey! What's the big idea?" Klaus jumped back in alarm when the man drew a revolver.

The men leveled the pistol at Klaus before grabbing a woman by her throat. The other soldiers in the store jumped up, sidearms in hand. Nicolas' pistol was pointed straight for the man's head. " He growled "Drop your guns or this woman dies." The soldiers lowered and dropped their guns. The man barked orders to the man in charge of the telegraph, a message going to someone, saying that the job was "completed" and Rezua was open for attack. At this the soldiers shouted and went to grab their guns. The man shot a soldier through the head and then put the pistol to the woman's head, who he still held. "I'm walking out of here alive. I will kill her if you follow." The soldiers tensed up but made no move. The stranger pulled the woman with him to the doorway, looking at the soldiers.

Since the man was distracted the woman decided to bite his arm to escape. When she did the man let go of her. "Crazy bitch." he roared as he shot her three times in the chest. Then he fled out the door. Klaus was after him in a second. Klaus chased the man down the street, shouting back to the other soldiers where the stranger was turning. The man turned to face Klaus and raised his gun. Klaus raised his arm but gasped in horror, in his moment of rage, he'd forgotten his gun. "Stupid boy." the man sneered. In an instant, Klaus was on the man, knife in hand. The man dropped the gun as Klaus' knife pierced his shoulder. The man was much stronger though and threw Klaus off of himself. The man pulled the knife from his shoulder and jumped for Klaus but Nicolas' gun roared, bullet met bone, and the attacker fell dead with a hole in his head.

Within twenty minutes the 4th army was gearing for war. Soldiers got into defensive positions, artillery was loaded and horses were saddled. The telegraph lines were cut, but riders had been sent to the next town to warn the capital of the attack.

Royal Palace

The white marble pillars of the palace were shining in the sunlight. The granite palace building was polished and gleamed. The palace had a flag hanging from each of its 10 pillars. It stood 6 stories tall, a mighty and proud building, the symbol of the mighty Rezuan Empire, one of the most powerful nations in the time. The palace oppressed the people but not so much that people noticed. "Free speech" was given to the people and taxes only increased every now and then. The only thing the people had true freedom in was in their religion. For the one fear the government had, the fear of hope, was rooted in religion. It gave the people hope, hope in a better future. If the Emperor took that hope he knew he'd never survive an uprising. So Emperor Ottoman played his cards right, holding all the right cards and playing them only when his chance of winning was overwhelming. Emperor Ottoman sat at his desk in his quiet office.

The ceiling fan was slowly turning as was his mind. It was early in the morning and he idly sipped on his coffee as he read the newspaper. "Emperor Ottoman?" a woman said as she knocked on his door. "Come in Jolenta." The young blonde entered the Emperor's office holding a stack of papers. Jolenta Stoffleth was a young woman with a slender build and who had her round glasses resting on her round nose. Ottoman's wife was often watching Jolenta around Ottoman, worried that her "devilish charm" might enrapture her husband. However, Ottoman was fully supportive of his wife and didn't even know of the two women's rivalry."Sir, there's been a problem." The blonde walked to Ottoman's desk and said "An invading army has severed 25% of the telegraph lines in Eastern Rezua, our conquered territory. The former Soviet territory." Ottoman frowned "They should have been deported when we had the chance 70 years ago. This is their doing. Quickly, warn my generals, tell them to be ready and send our troops to the Eastern border, we'll need lots of troops, the men's core, the women's core, I want 500,000 infantrymen ready to stop the Soviets! Oh, and have Doctor Ricker see me. I must talk to him about his...new weapon."
Last edited by Rezua on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Benstal Fortress

The IVth Iasonian Army Core marched into the rising sun. Despite the disapproval of the supreme commander, individual regiments marched to loud patriotic music as they advanced down dusty country roads. The waves of white and orange marching with their arms gleaming in the sun was a sight to behold. With them, horses carried guns, artillery shells, and powder for the troops. Some troops pulled machine guns with them, as the proudly marched into former Iasonian lands. The advanced guard of the IVth core had already seized several small boarder towns, and raised the standard of the Imperial army on their church steppels. In their cars, and on horse back, the advance guard would screen the advance of the Iasonian army into their ancestral lands.

The first challenge to this advance was Fort Benstal. The facility, nearly one hundred years ago, was a stronghold of the Empire. Since then, and since the war, it had changed. But the original plans were in the hands of the Empire. Even though, they were heavily outdated and mostly worthless. This fact did not deter the attackers.

With the day still early, a detachment of 50,000 men, and 10,000 artillery men, were to fall upon the fortification. It was hoped that the facility would promptly fall into the hands of the Empire, with their garrison caught unaware of the impending hoard of troops. This, alas, was not the case. Major-General Dic-mann however, was not a man to disappoint the Emperor. Promptly, from his position overlooking the fort, nearly 500m away, ordered the fort to be seiged. The Major-General instructed the artillery men to take up positions on the back of hills surrounding the fort. Infantry would be used to set up a barrier around the fort. There would be no escape or relief, the man vowed. But there would be one way out.

As customary of sieges, a lone rider, baring a white flag, rode to the fort. The messenger wore his full uniform, and rode to the walls on a black stallion. With him, he had a message. "Men of Rezua!" he shouted, under the walls of the fortress. "Surrender! Lay down your arms! If you fight, you will all surely parish! Lay down your arms, and we will give you and your men full honors as deserved of such a life saving act!" The messenger would wait below the walls.

Around the city, the howitzers were being moved into position and aimed. From behind hills, it was hoped that they would be harder targets for counter-artillery. The artillery pieces were light to medium guns, and thus could be moved with relative ease. As the siege would begin, 25,000 men were dispatched to seize the town of Krismith. Along the boarder, the rest of the force of 600,000 advanced land, screened by the advanced guard.

Charlestown

With war declared, the Empire's fleet was given new orders. A force of 16 Dreadnoughts, 3 Battle Cruisers, and 6 Destroyers, was ordered to prepare to set sail. The order was sent after the ground attack. For months, the fleet had been ordered to prepare for a war. It was now their time to strike. Sailors from the town were rounded up and sent to their vessels. Oil, shell and food was being on loaded onto ships. The fleet would have to move out. Their objective was as of now, unknown. Their allies in the south would also be preparing for hostilities. This fleet contained 8 Dreadnoughts, 6 Battle Cruisers, and 3 Destroyers. Their call to arms was sudden. They both expected to be put to sea within the week to begin their military actions against the foe.
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:47 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:Benstal Fortress

The IVth Iasonian Army Core marched into the rising sun. Despite the disapproval of the supreme commander, individual regiments marched to loud patriotic music as they advanced down dusty country roads. The waves of white and orange marching with their arms gleaming in the sun was a sight to behold. With them, horses carried guns, artillery shells, and powder for the troops. Some troops pulled machine guns with them, as the proudly marched into former Iasonian lands. The advanced guard of the IVth core had already seized several small boarder towns, and raised the standard of the Imperial army on their church steppels. In their cars, and on horse back, the advance guard would screen the advance of the Iasonian army into their ancestral lands.

The first challenge to this advance was Fort Benstal. The facility, nearly one hundred years ago, was a stronghold of the Empire. Since then, and since the war, it had changed. But the original plans were in the hands of the Empire. Even though, they were heavily outdated and mostly worthless. This fact did not deter the attackers.

With the day still early, a detachment of 50,000 men, and 10,000 artillery men, were to fall upon the fortification. It was hoped that the facility would promptly fall into the hands of the Empire, with their garrison caught unaware of the impending hoard of troops. This, alas, was not the case. Major-General Dic-mann however, was not a man to disappoint the Emperor. Promptly, from his position overlooking the fort, nearly 500m away, ordered the fort to be seiged. The Major-General instructed the artillery men to take up positions on the back of hills surrounding the fort. Infantry would be used to set up a barrier around the fort. There would be no escape or relief, the man vowed. But there would be one way out.

As customary of sieges, a lone rider, baring a white flag, rode to the fort. The messenger wore his full uniform, and rode to the walls on a black stallion. With him, he had a message. "Men of Rezua!" he shouted, under the walls of the fortress. "Surrender! Lay down your arms! If you fight, you will all surely parish! Lay down your arms, and we will give you and your men full honors as deserved of such a life saving act!" The messenger would wait below the walls.

Around the city, the howitzers were being moved into position and aimed. From behind hills, it was hoped that they would be harder targets for counter-artillery. The artillery pieces were light to medium guns, and thus could be moved with relative ease. As the siege would begin, 25,000 men were dispatched to seize the town of Krismith. Along the boarder, the rest of the force of 600,000 advanced land, screened by the advanced guard.

Benstal Fortress
General Erich Hoepner was a proud, arrogant and ferociously patriotic man. He stood an amazing 6' 3" tall, his long brown beard went to his collarbone, but it was perfectly combed. The hair on his scalp was greying but was also combed wonderfully. His heart was seized by patriotic flame as soon as he heard the messenger. He went to look over the wall to see the messenger and look him in the eye. His voice was deep and booming "You've got some nerve, you Iasonian weasel. You chose to attack when the Rezuan Empire at such a happy time, children let out for summer, a time when a peaceful era had finally begun to be accepted. Then you attack like thieves in the night, shooting civilians just to destroy means of communication. We will not surrender, and if we do die this fortress shall be painted red with your blood. When my Emperor hears about the Imperial Army will grind you into butcher's meat and crush your bones into powder, you and your whole army. This land was won when you attacked us, and I say you'll lose even more land to us after this war. Though we may die, Rezua shall live and conqueror!"

To make a point the Rezuans slammed their rifle butts on the stone fortress, the echoing crunch of 20,000 rifles hung in the air for several seconds. The artillerymen and infantry were ready to defend, and their voices rang in challenge to the Iasonians. The general laughed and shouted to the messenger "Run tail and run, messenger of empty threats, before we gun you down. Go tell your master you shall pay in tenfold for this fortress!"

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Benstal Fortress

The messenger, too honorable for such taunts, turned tail. The rider felt as if the Rezuans had committed a grave and terrible act. After all, the fort was surrounded. But alas, they had their chance. At full gallop, the rider arrived back to Major-General Dic-mann. The Major frowned upon hearing the news. Not only were the Rezuans dishonorable in their reply, this would delay the advance. But alaw, the decision was made. Major-General Dic-mann ordered that the guns would open fire within thirty minutes on the dot. The artillery men prepared, loading shells into the artillery pieces. Infantry prepared to dig siege trenches, to storm the compound. Some stood at the ready, watching, as other began to dig.

At 10:30 the bombardment began with a terrific roar. The shells, designed to burst and shower lead onto the foe, began to burst and pound into the fort. Shell upon shell upon shell was fired in rapid succession. General Dic watched through a spy glass. He smiled. The war was afoot. He continued to watch as the ground troops began siege trench operations.
Jamestown Journal

Bohekistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bohekistan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Location - Across the ocean, 38 miles southwest of Hrometska

In the south of Bohekistan, along the coast, a dense tropical jungle has choked the landscape. Over millions of years, towering banyans and dense mangrove colonies had thwarted full exploration. On this day, however, man is setting foot on this expanse for the first time.

Slowly, a small group of people crawled through dense foliage. From afar, one might expect their movement only to be the shadow of a passing cloud. Closer inspection would reveal a group of about seven young men and women made nearly invisible by camouflage. In their hands, rifles, shotguns, machine guns. In their eyes, fiery determination.

Peering down through his scope from a contrastingly opalescent watchtower about a mile away, the General Secretary smiled. He turned to face the crisp, stately room, his boots clicking against the freshly laid concrete floor. Taking a sweeping glance, he looked at each individual huddled anxiously around an electronic map in the centre.

"My generals," he said. "Platoon 62-b is nearing the coastline."

Shortly thereafter, a gruff voice came through the intercom, an old, battle-hardened sergeant confirming the aforementioned.

"Igor, what can we do to secure this entire coastline?" An inquisitive general asked from behind the map. Several markers moved, displaying everything from HMG positions to 88 mm. AA/AT weaponry.

"We were lucky to boost the economy enough to sponsor a small MIC before you called for all this drill." Another general remarked.

Addressing the first general, the General Secretary spoke, his voice full of intrigue.

"General Dmitry, I was waiting for you to ask such a question. Let me explain this to you. Bohekistan is an unaligned country with economic difficulties, which also happend to provide access to the heart of Corentia. If war erupts here, and an eastern power wishes to enter the war, we are the first target. We are lucky, though. Most of the Northern shore is too rocky to sport a landing. We only need cover the flat, wide coastline and any rivers. The rivers, we can plant charges until there is more metal than water. The coastlines, those will be a different story. In addition to the bunkers, plant mines, dragons' teeth, Czech hedgehogs..."

The General Secretary was suddenly interrupted by the ringing of a phone next to the table. Answering it, the room fell entirely silent, spare the soft humming of technology and the near-silent beeping of the electronic map. Softly, the General Secretary laid the phone back on the receiver.

"Gentlemen," He said.
"The USJR has invaded Rezua. The two are now in a state of war."

The men exchanged grave looks.

"You know what to do."

An eerie silence encompassed the room as the General Secretary walked back to the intercom and began to speak.

"Platoon 62-b, status."

A voice answered through the intercom.

"All accounted for and awaiting further command, sir."

"DEFCON 2. Sergeant, hold positions. This is no longer just a drill."

Over the next few months, Bohekistan would fortify her coast. Nervously, the people of Bohekistan awaited a naval invasion, although most were doubtful one would come. For now, the vigilant attention of those brave men and women on the coast is in solidarity with all Bohekis, firmly affixed across the sea.
Last edited by Bohekistan on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philomachus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Philomachus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:48 am

Location - TPC Sniping Straights

Lord Mathurin Brisson was quite unhappy. It was a hot and humid day, none of the world leaders had responded to his messages, and his golf game had gone to the dogs. Slowly, he teed up, ready to finish out the second leg of the course with a bang.

*Thwap!*

Lord Brisson looked up at the sky, trying to find his ball. He soon found it, sailing in a gorgeous arc of gracefulness.

"Go baby, go," shouted the Lord, "Go, go, go!"

The ball kept soaring, even as the Lord's hopes did, too. It kept a perfect speed, a perfect arc, and it soon found the green... only to bounce off it into an adjacent yard.

*Crunch!*

He walked over to retrieve his ball when he felt his foot get stuck in the soil. As he tried to pull his foot out of the flowerbed, he began to shout.

"$&!>%#," he said, "Daggumit, EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! This is UNBELIEVABLE!!! ABSOLUTEY –"

"Would you please SHUT THE HELL UP!?!" a voice shouted, "Oh my goodness, you've hurt my lilacs! You scoundrel! You fiend! You horrible, slimy son-of-a-lirban!"

He turned around to find himself face-to-face with an angry old woman, shaking her fist in pure outrage.

"Is this how you treat the Lord of Philomachus?" he asked, "Show some respect, woman!"

"You listen here, young man," stated Mrs. Barntoter, as quietly and collectively as a woman like her possibly could, "I'm going to count to three. If you're still standing on my lilacs at the end of three, I swear to Violet, Lord or no Lord, I. Will. END. You. Kapish?"

The Lord, stunned at such a display of emotion, stood there amongst the lilacs, unmoving.

"Three..."

The Lord of the Ruffian Reich promptly ran for his life.

Location - The Philo-Smoya Sea

Jimothy and Josephine had had a long week. First, they were told by one shady man to dump the body of their leader into the Philo-Smoya Sea, then another shady man told them to search for the "Lost City of Lirba." Why the Lirbans held any importance to anyone was beyond their comprehension, but then again, that's why they took the orders, rather than giving them out.

They had been at sea for three days. Jimothy and Josephine had gotten to know each other very well over their past voyages, and they worked as a if they were one unit, as if they'd known each other for a lifetime. Of course, that was because they had known each other for a lifetime- they were delivered to the Galli Orphanage on the same day. They were playmates, then friends, then lovers. They truly were a team, in every sense of the word.

"Land, ho," shouted Jimothy.

"No, YOU'RE the ho!" exclaimed Josephine.

They laughed for several minutes over that horribly thoughtless joke.

They soon turned towards making their landing plans. The new shady man had told them to arrive in the city of Hrometska, Bohekistan. They had never heard of Bohekistan before. Heck, they didn't even know that there were other countries on Corentia besides Smoya. That wasn't going to stop them from finding this city, though. It seemed like nothing would ever stop them....

Nothing, that is, until they found themselves face-to-face with an awfully angry-looking Boheki Navy. Battleships lined the coast as far as the eye could see, & the pair suddenly realized their mistake.

"Daggumit," Jospehine muttered, "I forgot to call in. My bad, homes."

"It's all good," Jimothy responded, "We'll be –"

*Click, Click*

"Uh-Oh."

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Benstal Fortess

The Iasonian shells were bursting over the fortress and raining down in fragments of lead. The fragments, although deadly to soldiers, could not make devastating hits on the walls. The heavy guns of the fortress opened fire on the trenches surrounding the fortress. General Hoepner didn't worry about the Iasonian artillery, he wanted to kill as many Iasonians as possible, to make vicotry cost many lives. Perhaps they'd even run away, the trenches couldn't be too deep since they were just set up, they'd be more likely to not survive the big guns. The medium guns fired at the Iasonian guns hiding in hills.

The infantry was gathered either in the old moat of the fortress, now used a stone trench, or along the walls of the fortress. Those on the walls soon learned to get deeper into the fortress to avoid being blow apart. Klaus sat under a overhang of the wall near a window. He had soon figured out, like others near windows, to stick out his rifle and fire from behind cover. Somewhere from within the fortress a woman was singing "Glory to the Empire" to give courage to the soldiers in their dire fight.

All across Rezua troops began marching toward the East. What the defenders in the fortress didn't know was that the Emperor had no plans to send them reinforcements. Instead, soldiers and guns were to be mounted in the tall mountain range in the middle of Eastern Rezua. At the base and at every 30km, trenches were ordered to be built. The fortress was merely being used to buy time...

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Fortwel

President Greene stood beside Vice President Elizabeth Ranville at the front of the Room. The Room was the name of the War Room, a dreaded place. Oblaren was a small island, the last thing the young republic wanted was war. "I have called the government together today because I'm worried. The world seems to be ready to burst. Our old enemy, Aznazia, is still claiming islands to our west. It's only a matter of time before someone tries to claim our island. I'm not saying that we're going to war but...we must be prepared and ready." A mutter arose among the cabinet members , admirals and generals. They were doubtful that Oblaren could be saved.

Elizabeth cleared her throat loudly and all the mutter stopped. Elizabeth was one of those women who commanded respect, like Arturia Camours, a stern expression, cutting eyes and just enough height to be intimidating. Women like her were not common but were not rare either. Women had been part of Oblaren's government since it's founding, women in general held respected jobs in Oblarenite civilian society too. Elizabeth's eyes moved slowly, as if to gaze into the eyes of anyone who challenged her demand to speak. No challenge came. "Oblaren might be a small nation but that is not a disadvantage." A gasp rose among those gathered in the Room. How could the Vice-President say that? Oblaren would be unable to outnumber any invading force, with ships or with men. Elizabeth spoke again "Our island is precious to us. All were equal in Oblaren. All are free in Oblaren. Our people are proud to been in this nation. What we lack in firepower we make up for in pure human spirit. This island is small, perfect for defending. We know our island, we can block it off easily. If we were to have our navy stay in our shallower waters, even if sunk, they'd block off a landing division. We can force the hand of our attackers, pick our fields of battle, and-" Elizabeth looked into the eyes of the group. No one interrupted. "We can make our entire island into a fortress."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:36 pm

the Ile of Flowers, Rhodevus
June 28, 1910

Light music played softly in the background, from a single piano. An old man was tapping lightly on its black and white keys, producing soft yet charming music. In the main room, General Beauregard sipped away at his shot of Limone Liqueur, a rarity on mainland Rhodevus, yet common among the lemon plantations of the Ile of Flowers.

The bartender was standing around the quiet pub, cleaning glasses. The room was quite empty for a summer Tuesday, just what Beauregard liked. A small radio was spurred to life, silencing the piano player, who turned to look at the radio. At first, only static, but then the transmission came through.

This is private corporal Simon Howitzer, numbers A3761 of the Rhodeve second Battalion. I have been requested to transmit this signal by order of Commander Harrison of the Rhodeve Eastern Army. Word has reached our soldiers by way of our spies that the Iasonian Empire has attacked the Rezuan Empire. No further information has yet been concluded.

Just as fast, the radio returned to playing static before silence filled the room. The old man stretched his fingers and once again continued playing soft music. The bartender spit into the glass he was carrying and continued to wipe it clean. "It was 'bout time if you ask me." The general rubbed his hands on his forehead. "Another war. I guess people really do want to see who is the next world empire."

"As long as the war stays away from Rhodevus, all is swell, is what I like to say."
Beauregard raised his glass, "here, here. Well, I guess that it my cue to leave."
The general tossed two coins onto the table and stood up, walking out of the bar back into the light of day.

The Ile of Flowers still seemed like a backwater to the general. More of an island shanty town than possessing any strategic importance. Plantations and farms dotted the landscape, with smoke billowing from the factories and mines in the distance. He turned to look towards the setting sun. It slowly set behind the rain forest, the only part of the island that was still unexplored. He remembered himself as a young commander, looking out into the forest, hoping to become the first to navigate and map it. It was still a dream, but as the world became more complicated, it would be a dream that would have to wait.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Benstal Fortress

The bombardment continued for nearly an hour. Major-General Dic-mann watched as the shells poured down on the fort. He watched, too, as the defenders began to return fire. A few shells landed close to the commander, but he was not wounded. However, he was still privy to the cries of the mained. The spectral was a sight to behold. Iasonian troops in their positions were under fire, but they held firm. White and orange was, for some, caked in blood and mud. Most were out of range to return small arms fire, or to recive causalities from it. But alas, the attack had to come to an end soon. From his position, the Major ordered the shots to be changed to delay charges. It was clear that the men inside would not give up.

Despite under orders to take the fort mostly intact, the officer had no choice. As riders road around the perimeter of the siege line, the shots were turned to timer delayed shells. Some companies kept using their regular issue shells, due to the lack of delay timers. It was now a waiting game.

Krismith

In row upon row, groups of Iasonian troops, dressed in dashing white shits and orange pants, with arms at their sides, marched into the city, their banner proudly displaying before them. Their supply train was within their ranks. The marching, along the Rezuan roads, was at a quick pace. The men had work to do. Upon marching into the town, a majority of the army would continue to advance westwards. Their drums and flutes played proudly and loudly as they advanced along the country side. They would be marching until two in the evening, in which they would begin to set up their camp for the night. Those that could seize trains or railroad stations began to prepare to use the trains to advance faster into Rezua. Along the Iasonian boarder, trains were being prepared to be sent with supplies to aid the advancing army. As the main force was marching. Ahead of them, the advance guard was continuing to screen the main Iasonian action into Rezua. Along their route, the army placed signs out for all to see.

PROCLAMATION. WE, GENERAL COMMANDING THE 4th IASONIAN ARMY,

HAVING SEEN the proclamation of His Majesty the Emperor William, King of Iason, Chief of the Army, which authorizes the generals commanding the different Iasonian Army Corps to establish special measures against all municipalities and persons acting in contradiction to the usages of war, and to take what steps they consider necessary for the well-bring of the troops.

HEREBY GIVES PUBLIC NOTICE:
(1) THE MILITARY JURISDICTION is hereby established. It applies to all territory of Rezua occupied by the Iasonian Army, and to every action endangering the security of the troops by rendering assistance to the enemy. The Military Jurisdiction will be announced and placed vigoroisly in force in every parish issue of this present proclamation.
(2) ANY PERSON OR PERSONS NOT BEING REZUAN SOLDIERS or not showing their dress that they are soldiers:
(a) SERVING THE ENEMY as spies;
(b) MISLEADING THE IASONIAN TROOPS when charged to serve as guides;
(C) SHOOTING< INJURING, OR ROBBING any person belonging to the Iasonian Army, or forming part of its personeel;
(d) DESTROYING BRIDGES OR CANALS, damaging telegraphs, telephones, electric light wires, gasmeters, or railways, interfering with roads, setting fire to munitions of war, provisions, or quarters established by Iasonian troops,
(e) TAKING ARMS against Iasonian troops,
WILL BE PUNISHED BY PAIN OF DEATH
IN EACH CASE the officer presiding at the Council of War will be charged with the trial, and pronounce judgment. Councils of War may not pronounce ANY OTHER CONDEMNATION SAVE THAT OF DEATH

THE JUDGMENT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EXECUTED.

(3) TOWNS OR VILLAGES in which the contravention takes place will be compelled to pay indemnity equal to one year's revenue.
(4) THE INHABITANTS MUST FURNISH necessaries for the Iasonian troops daily as follows:-
1 Lb. `0 oz. bread.
1 oz. tea
1 1/2 pints of beer, 1 wine-
13 oz. meat.
1 1/2 tobacco or 5 cigars
glassful of brandy or
3lb potatoes
1/2 pint wine
whisky
The rations for each horse:-
13 lb oats
3 lb. 6 oz. hay.
(ALL PERSONS WHO PREFER TO PAY an indemnity in money may do so at a rate of 2s per day per man.)

(5) COMMANDERS OF DETACHED corps have right to requisition all that they consider necessary for the well-being of their men, and will deliver to the inhabitants official receipts for goods so supplies.

WE HOPE IN CONSEQUENCE that the inhabitants of Rezua will make no difficulty in furnishing all that may be considered necessary.

(6) AS REGARDS the individual transaction between troops and the inhabitants, we give notice that one Iasoon shall be considered the equivalent to one Rezuan Risugs.

The General Commanding the IVth Iasonian Army Corps,
Supreme Command General von Kleppen.

A small contingent of men, 200, were left in the village. They were quick to walk to the town hall. They demanded the presence of the mayor of the community at once. His presence was requested at the utmost urgency. Those sent to get him would be accompanied by a solider of the army, which was armed. In all occupied towns and villages, this procedure was the same. The Iasonian army advanced westward at great speed. They had yet to encounter the Rezuan defensive line.
Last edited by United Soviet Jason Republic on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamestown Journal

Bohekistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bohekistan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Location - Hrometska Penitentiary

"Are you [expletive] kidding me?" said the detective. The man we are observing is in his middle ages, with a look that tells you he's seen it all. However, he was quick to learn on this day that, as a matter of fact, he hadn't.

"You're joking, right?" He continued.

"No, sir!" Jimothy replied. The room the interrogation was taking place in seemed like it had been taken out of everyone's favorite detective movie, complete with dull, grey walls and no light apart from a single lamp illuminating a table.

"So, some shady somewhere in Philomachus sent you and your friend on a quest to find some fairytale atlantis-archetype city, somewhere in Bohekistan, with no idea exactly where it was?" The detective, as is evident, was rather perplexed.

"Yes, sir!" Jimothy answered.

"And you actually listened to him?" The detective paused. "Did you not know this entire country is under lockdown?"

Jimothy, poor Jimothy was absolutely terrified. So far, him and Josephine had been interrogated for about a full 24 hours. The word "spies" was being thrown around the room quite liberally.

"Look," Said the detective, clearly exhausted and absolutely done with this mistake. "We can't find anything else against you, but at the same time, we can't let you leave yet. We've got to get some confirmation with your ambassador before we send you two back. We'd keep you here, but I doubt that would go over well on the international level. For now, you'll be transferred to the Ruffian embassy until you both are sent back. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT try to leave the embassy. Most towns are under martial law, you'll probably be shot before you know there's a scope on you."

And so, arrangements were made for Jimothy and Josephine to be returned safely to Philomachus. Bohekistan would issue a full apology to Philomachus and a warning to all international travelers to avoid the borders, coasts, and jungle areas.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Krismith

The city was in uproar. Rezuan men, armed with hunting rifles, stood on their front steps. They were not going to let the Iasonians into their house or let them take their supplies. The Rezuans were shouting angrily at the Iasonians and were ready to stay a war in the streets. However, an elderly priest, dressed in black robes stepped between the two sides.

Father Matthew walked with a slight limp, thus had a cane he used to walk. Thin glasses were perched on his nose, but he seemed to not use them often. He was completely bald except for a grey beard. Despite all this, Father Matthew still carried himself with dignity. The old man walked right up to the Iasonian in charge and spoke their tongue "You have defiled the house of God with your flag of murder. Your spy caused the death of two human lives, he killed a mother of four. You have killed innocent Rezuan people, and are killing Rezuan soldiers for your conquest. You have attacked a nation that was in peace, not bothering you. We will not give you anything you request. I will not let you have anything. Your war is unjust, you have no right to attack Rezua."

The old pastor turned to the crowd and shouted in Revon "Our material goods can be restored but our lives cannot! Destroy what you have! Do not let these killers use it against our countrymen!" Obediently, soon people began to set buildings ablaze. As the Iasonians rushed forward, Father Matthew stood in their way "Not while I life!" He shouted to them.

Benstal Fortress

The stone of the fortress was taking a battering from the new use of delayed fuse shells. However, the Rezuan flag still waved over the fortress and the words of "Glory to the Empire" were only being sung louder. Klaus and Eccard were blazing away at the Iasonians, even though it was mostly in vain. They had no clue were the others were but still stood at their post. Just then a shell landed several yards behind them. Eccard grabbed his MG in one hand and threw Klaus aside with the other, before jumping behind cover himself. The shell exploded and screamed echoed in the teens' ears. Klaus and Eccard ran toward the wounded when the wall behind them shattered into dust. Klaus grabbed a wounded nurse and struggled to help her up and hold his rifle. "I can't see...I can't see..." She sobbed over and over. She clung to Klaus' waist and refuse to let go. Eccard had turned around and began firing his MG wildly at the hole in the wall. Rezuan soldiers poured to the wall, bayonets on and guns firing.

Just then, Eginhard rushed to the hole. He raised his rifle and fired with the other soldiers. As Klaus was about to put the woman down gently Nicolas appeared beside him. "No, boy! Hold on to her. This is futile, we must get out of this fortress or it shall be our tomb!" Nicolas looked at the men by the hole. "Men! Hold that wall until we've fled. Then run like hell. Nicolas then lead many soldiers away toward the back of the fortress. Nicolas mounted a horse and drew his sword. "Calvary! Charge!!" Nicolas' horse lead 1,000 other horses forward through the back of the fortress. Klaus and the infantry ran behind them. Klaus looked back just in time to see Eginhard's face burst into a cloud of red. Klaus stopped and almost fell but Eccard pushed him forward. "Run!" he screamed.

Klaus found it hard to run with a blinded nurse clinging to him for guidance but was soon freed of this as Eccard lifted her up over his shoulder. The two boys ran wildly after the cavalry, who was clearing their path. Klaus and Eccard were somewhere in the middle of the line of fleeing infantry. They were urged on by the sound of the Iasonians and by Nicolas Everen's shouts ordering courage. Nicolas bled from his leg and side but still his shouted and swung at Iasonians with his saber. Their mad flight could prove fatal...

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Krismith

The commander looked down at the priest. He was slightly taller. Wearing his uniform, the white shirt, and golden brass buttons gleamed in the sun. He held one hand on the sword at his side, which was attached to his bright orange pants by a belt. He did not wear a hat, and his brown hair was lush and full. This man spoke with diction.

"I do not have prior knowledge of any such actions against civilians, which, if I may say so myself, are inhumane. If you desire to file a complaint with the Imperial Command, I will do so. If you desire for our men to leave your place of worship, we I will command them to do so. As for your other claim, it is false. The Rezuans took this land from my forefather. We have all the right to seize what is ours. We do not wish to do you, the people, any harm. However, any of them who raise their arms, or aid the enemy, I will have no other alternative but to kill them, and have damages paid for their treason. You are a man of god. You have no say in these matters of our forefathers. War has deaths of the combatants. It is our hope your fellow patrons of your church do not presh by their fatal whims of madness."

The commander looked at the citizens. He simply walked pasted the mad priest to look at them.

"CITIZENS!" he shouted. "This man lies! We are not here to take what is yours, but to take back the land which is ours! As citizens of the Imperium, you have a duty to your monarch, William the Second of the Iasonian Empire! You may burn what you please! It is yours! We borrow from you in return for protection! Burn what you please, but when it comes winter, your fields Barron, stores empty, do not turn to us! For you would have brought pain onto yourself!" Finally the officer would turn to the Rezuan men on the steps of the administrative building.

"Kill us, and there will be thousands more to slaughter you. Burn your fields, and perish in the coming season. These options are yours." he said to them, in their Rezuan tongue. He was educated in this matter, being of noble rank from a lower house. "Do you not see our armies marching fourth! To restore the lands which was wrongfully taken! But heed our warnings! We will not seize land! We will not seize money! All we ask for is what is needed to resoter the balance! A meger sum! Not taxes! Not duties! Not man, woman, or hostage!"

Benstal Fortress

Through his telescope, the man watched the madness unfold. From his position, he could make out the opening of the fort's walls. He expected the men to surrender, waving the cloth of the dove. But alas, they did not. Dramatically, cavalry poured out, charging the Iasonian line. The general cringed. It was not typical of a foe who was beaten in a fort to act so rashly. Normally, they surrender with honors. It was not even a truce to have civilians flee. Instead, it was an attack.

Quickly the artillery changed targets, with bursting shells aimed at the cavalry. But when the charge drew closer to Iasonian lines, the artillery had to stop firing to prevent killing foe and friend alike.

In front of the charge, nearly 7,000 men were in position. In their trenches barely big enough to lay down in. But the few hours waiting through the bombardment had bore some fruit. A meager berm, with trench behind it, hid the men. In total, it gave a man just enough cover to stand in. Along the dug out defenses, the men had machine guns at the ready.

As the attackers came into rifle range, the infantry began to open fire, pouring lead into the advancing foe at eight hundred meters, nearly half a kilometer away. The attackers were always in machine gun range, which began just after the main infantry began to fire. Firing nearly 400 rounds per minute, the five guns in the division, would pour fire non stop into the advancing enemy. Commanders in each regiment ordered bayonets to be readied, and for the men to prepare to mount the parapet to form a line against the cavalry charge. But that would only start if the attackers got within two hundred meters of the line. Major-General Dic-mann was in shock, but he ordered a task force of lancers to gallop at full speed to the relief of the defenders, but they would have to arrive from the round defensive line around the fort.

8th Company Iasonian Light Hussars

Commander Livington trotted along the road, with the heights of the mountains making for a scenic ride. His men were the screen of the main Iasonian army, which was several days march from their position, having used and seized horses to make their advance, unsupported, into Rezua. Their support would arrive soon by rail and motor car, but ever so slightly. Their task was to simple scout the terrain. 8th Company continued down the road until one of their comrades fell dead, shot in the chest, and fell of his horse. Promptly, the company turned tail and ran.

One hour later, the company would try to again advance. This time, they scouted on foot. Through the brush, they scouted the Rezuan army building fortifications at the foot of the mountains. Their task complete, they sent two rides to inform the army of their discovery. Along the boarder, other companies would make contact with the Rezuan defensive line. With not enough troops to make a sincere effort to seize these positions, they simple scouted them and the countryside. Their intelligence reports would be sent back to high command, hopefully with orders.

NOTICE TO ALL IASONIAN SUBJECTS RESIDENT IN REZUA
WILLIAM

To all OUR LOYAL SUBJECTS, GREETINGS.
We hereby COMMAND and enjoin that all persons born within the Iasonian Empire, or being Iasonian subjects, wheter liable to military service or not, shall join our arms at any head-quarters of either of our Army Corps in Rezua within 24 hours of the date of this proclamation.

Any Iasoian subject failing to obey this Command will be treated as an enemy.

By the EMPEROR's COMMAND

Given by Supreme Command General von Kleppen, Commanding the Imperial Iasonian Army in Rezua
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Krismith

The citizens of the city were thrown into a rage when they heard the officer speak. One man shouted "Look at that lying snob. Excepting us to give our enemies "minimal supplies"! We're Rezuan citizens! They're taking this land as theirs. They planted those stupid signs. You know what they want, they want our land, our goods! They'll be pillaging and raping soon enough!" Another voice "They said they aren't taking our land-" That voice was cut off by another "You stupid bastard, don't you see they'll take us into their empire? We will not be in Rezua anymore!" Arguing arose among the people of the city. Then one man's voice cut through the clamor. "I say KILL THEM!"

As that man raised his rifle another civilian stabbed him in the stomach with a knife. That man was a Iasonian. In that one stab, that man had turned the entire city against itself. Iasonians attacked Rezuans and Rezuans turned on Iasonians, neighbors or not. The streets were soon utter chaos as hunting rifles and banging of other weapons echoed. A Iasonian citizen with a gun shot Father Matthew in the chest and cried "Death to all Rezuans!" The old priest gripped his chest but looked toward the Iasonian officer. "You have killed us all..." he said before he collapsed, dead. Five men tackled Matthew's murderer to the ground. The city was in total war...

The 4th Army

Nicolas Everen quickly evaluated the situtation. With the general dead he was in command. Behind the cavalry was a line of 11,000 soldiers, but they were many wounded too. The only gap in the Iasonian line was through a pass in the hills. Everyone couldn't escape if they all tried to flee, the Iasonians would stop them. Nicolas saw the amount of troops ahead and decided to make the ultimate sacrifice. He turned his horse to face all the Rezuans and screamed at the top of his lungs "All wounded shall be taken through the gap in the hills! All soldiers under 19 will act as their guards! Regiments 1-6 shall follow after them. Everyone else CHARGE THOSE BASTARDS!!"

Nicolas spurred his horse forward at the machine guns of the Iasonians. His cavalrymen made a line, shoulder to shoulder. They held carbines and fired off from their horses. Nicolas' voice rose up in a battle cry and was answered by those charging, 4,000 in total. They were outnumbered but the 4th had to get away, had to get back to the rest of the army. Nicolas knew what his country needed, it needed lots of soldiers even if it meant many had to die to get them all. A lancer got too close to Nicolas and was cut off his horse. Bullets zoomed by and Rezuans crumpled. But they ran on, blocking their retreating comrades from harm. The cavalry and lancers were upon each other, the infantry still ran forward. Nicolas cut through two more Iasonians, his horse was at the Iasonian line with some other men. His horse fell beneath him when a bayonet pieced her chest but Nicolas survived the fall. He stabbed the stomach of the man who killed his horse, drew his pistol and shot another. "FOR REZUA!!" He screamed as ten bayonets impaled his body.
Last edited by Rezua on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Benstal Fortress

The Major watched as the cavalry was torn to sheds by the hail of lead and steel. It was a lesson that even he would take note of. The death was surely something that even surprised him. He watched as the remainder of the foolish Rezuans were hacked to pieces. The Iasonians were fighting with their bayonets in their defensive square positions, an infantry tactic used since the 1800s to defeat heavy cavalry assaults. Most machine guns were abandoned as the attackers made first contact with the ranks of Imperials, with their gunners taking shelter in the lines of men, with their bayonets drawn, firing hot led into the hostile riders. In their midst, the 1st Rezualand Imperial Lancers plunged into the combat, dedicated to have their fair share of the glory.

It soon became apparent that the remaining Rezuans were trying to flee. The Major would not have that happen. All guns were turned against the fleeing mass of Rezuan solders. Lead would soon be pouring upon them. Gunners, with clouds of smoke to help them identify their shots, would correct their aim. Despite delaying the rate of fire slightly, it increased accuracy. However, the Major knew this was not enough. Ordering his own regiment to ready, 100 horses, plus 200 reserve cavalry, were ordered to ride down their foe until they surrendered. The men were nearly a kilometer from the fleeing mass of bloodied troops. They began to ride.

In the midst of this, the seiging troops, knowing their work was done, were ordered to stand down. But alas, five battalions were ordered into the nearby city of Krismith, to help the garrison. This was due to the smoke being seen from the town. These one thousand men did not know what awaited them.

Krismith

What the rouge Iasonian citizen did, the commander thought, was treason. His sentence, death, was already given by enemy hands. That was a given. What was truly needed was peace. The group of two hundred quickly set up into four groups of fifty. All of the men, in unison, opened fired on the rebels who stood in their way of occupying the town hall. They would attempt to advance into the building, and promptly set up a base of operations. Men shattered windows and barricaded other enterence ways. They held their standard out the window, clearly displaying who held the power. From this position, the men would fire upon any person in the streets who fired at them.

The commander needed to think. After all, this was just crazy. His men could not take on so many men, so numerous. At the same time, the city was aflame. Wooden houses in the summer heat would surely be destroyed in minutes. In addition, the amount of guns the enemy held, the fact that they were non-uniformed, and had a suicidal impulse, would not make the job any better. But the citizens could kill themselves. But what would he be? The man who let a city burn itself to sheds? Already the men in the village had violated several traditions of war. But this was not a traditional war anymore. Then, something above the town made him feel better. Somewhat better.

Overlooking the town, the wary Iasoians from the fort marched into the heights overlooking the town. Their commanding officer, judging by the smoke and the crackling of gun fire, knew something was awry. The men set themselves up into regiments, groups of 250, and lined themselves up on the hill facing the town. It was a clear display of force. The men, in their white and orange uniforms, colors high, music playing, were for intimidation. On his horse, the commander looked down at the city. Through his spy glass, he saw nonuniform men slaughtering one another. He cringed. The man felt in his gut that he should march down the hill and just storm the city. He also saw a standard being flown outside of a broken window, with men appearing to be comrades shooting into the streets. But his men were exhausted from marching so far in a day. He would let them rest a bit, on the hill, overlooking the city. Maybe this force would calm the restless. But for now, their slaughter would be their own doing.
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:00 pm

The Hill Pass

Klaus was tired from running so much. Eccard was barely keeping up a jog and still had the wounded nurse. However, she finally spoke clearly again "Put me down, one of my eyes is working." Eccard happily knelt down and released the wounded woman. Her left eye was bloody, as was her left side and left leg. Shrapnel had landed all over her. She could jog though and followed after Klaus and Eccard. Klaus and the others soon stopped moving as they saw Iasonians approaching. The next-in-command said sadly "I shall need a force to stay behind and keep the Iasonians back. The wounded that must be carried will be left behind that regiment. We cannot be slowed down and further."

The 3rd Regiment obeyed and the 1,000 strong force lines up in the narrow pass. The wounded were placed far behind them, so that if they were defeated the wounded would not be killed by mistake. The 4th had no way to save the wounded that were severely wounded, perhaps the Iasonians would.

Krismith

The lines of battle were soon made as the city was cut in half. Rezuas on the western side, near the rest of Rezua and ethnic Iasonians on the east side. Rifles still echoed but the sight of the Iasonians had disheartened some. Not Ellie though. Ellie, which was short for Elizabeth, sat in the top of a tall building over looking the city hall. Her father's hunting rifle was gripped tightly in her hands. She was 24, young and beautiful, but she was as ruthless as any soldier. Her eye gazed through the gun's scope, her breath came in quiet puffs. The Rezuan was waiting for the commander to show up in a window. If she could kill him, then perhaps the Iasonians could be confused into retreating...

The Banjo Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Banjo Islands » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:48 pm

(OOC: This is more or less just a drawn out Tag-Post with a small contribution to current(or should I say past?) events. I'mm probably be more active with this starting tomorrow. Got a bunch of math to make up.)

Fuhrer Getriebe was sitting in his office, as usual. The man towered over most people, as he stood at an incredible 6 foot 7 inches. So far, his run as leader had been relatively tame. He entered office during a boom for The Banjo Islands. The economy had recovered and the population had finally returned to pre-Civil War numbers. He was not ignorant as to the happenings in the Western World; however, he decided to focus on happenings here at home. It was decided that The Banjo Islands would remain neutral in the Westerners warmongering conflicts. At least, for the time being.

Military build-up had only slightly advanced, and after conversing with his Economic Adviser, decided to continue to trade with the warring-nations unless problems arise.
"Knowing the world in which we live, problems will arise..."
Current Conflict: Second Great War

I go inactive... a lot. I'm pretty sure at least 11 months of my 3 years being into this game was spent in inactivity.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:54 pm

The Hill Pass

Along the ridge, Iasonian troops moved from their line next to the hill onto the heights of the ridge. From here, they began to fire into the valley below. Men took cover in rocks and dips in the terrain as they laid down on their bellies to shoot down at their fleeing foe. Having not been apart of any of the action, many were bloodthirsty. In the clout of men, they poured led onto whatever moved. It was an act of brutality, but the Rezuans had not followed the traditions of war. As thus, they would suffer, which the traditions were designed to prevent.

The Major noticed the formation of the rear guard to cover the retreat of the fleeing Rezuans. It was simple algebra to determine that his men could not break the line of a thousand. Other actions had to be taken. With artillery fire now focusing on the rear guard, 5,000 infantry closest to the two hills were ordered to advance to the heights of the pass. From his scope, the Major could see that some had already done so. The cavalry, instead of charging headlong into the foe, would take another course of action. With the enemy attackers dead, the remaining were sent to ride off the enemy, by cutting off the back of the hill. It would be time for them to advance, but it would enable them to chase down those who refused to surrender.

With 2,500 men taking to the heights on either side of the pass, the remaing 2,500 formed into their regiments. In the field, they began to march. From both flanks the men, with drums, flutes, and standards, advanced, guns at hand. Already, they were in range of the enemy. As thus, they took turns firing, reloading, and advancing. Two machine guns in range began to fire onto their foe. Another 5,000, from where the fort was most in ruin, was also ordered to advance onto the fortification. The rest of the men were ordered to prepare to march. Ten guns were carreged and were to be moved to the city, where the smoke from its houses could be seen over the fort.

Krismith

"Get me a map, now!" the commander said, taking out cabinets and drowres. It was an office, they had to have something somewhere? All around the man fellow comrades were firing into other houses and onto the streets. The situation was outrageous. No doubt this was a violation of war. Finally the man found a map. He laid it out on the floor, in cover. It took a few moments to find his position and which way the map properly faced. When he did, he analyzed the situation. The air was thick from powder and smoke from burning buildings. He could also smell burning flesh.

Judging by the map, they were pretty screwed. Their position was in the thick of the two mobs. The relief troops on the hill overlooking the eastern part of the city had yet to advance. Taking out chalk, the man marked out known enemy positions. He then tasked one of the men to leave the back of the building, under cover fire, to inform the others of his situation.

Overlooking the town, the commander there observed the situation. His men were resting, taking time off their feet. It appeared that the presence of a thousand imperial troops, in uniform, did not sway their opinions. Soon, the man vowed, it damn well would. The man relayed a messenger to the Major and Supreme Commander to inform them of the... situation.
Jamestown Journal

Philomachus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Philomachus » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Location - The Ruff House

"My Lord? May I come in?"

"As you wish," Lord Brisson replied.

Reeve Martina entered the room. As the head of the Ruffian military, she had been waiting for something like this to happen for years.

"My Lord, you will NEVER guess what happened just now!"

"Did one of our allies get involved in a war?"

"My Lord," whined the general, "You always steal my thunder!"

"I couldn't help myself," chuckled Brisson, "The moment presented itself, I chose to strike!"

"Anyway," she continued, "Here are our military statistics, & here's my gameplan and timetable for entering the conflict. Have a pleasant day, m'Lord!"

Location - The Oblarenite Coast

Jimothy and Josephine were exhausted. The mental scarring from their terrifying interrogations was clear as day, as they couldn't manage to keep themselves from shaking. Then again, that could also have been the cold breeze that was ripping through the air that night. (Who really knows anymore with these two?)

Promptly upon returning to Ruffian shores, the pair immediately promised they wouldn't take instructions from any more shady figures. That is, until they were confronted by yet another shady man, this one having a beautiful an uplifting voice.

"Ah, friends," it had said, "You have traveled so long, and so far. Surely you would like to relax?"

The pair replied, "Of course, sir. That would be swell!"

"Ah, good, good. I know just the place for you to spend a vacation. I think you'll love if there... have you heard of an island called Oblaren?"

And before they knew it, Jimothy & Josephine were back at it again, sailing the high seas together once more. They sailed through many a storm, fought many a rogue whale, and said their daily Protection Prayers to Cthulu. Jimothy and Josephine surely would have many a tall tale to share with the orphans back home. Before you could say "Chaos Incoming," the motley crew found themselves insight of Oblaren. Much to their relief, there appeared to be no naval units pointing guns, and no angry old men with looks of doubt upon their faces. Fortunately, the pair had learned their lesson from the Botch-Up In Bohekistan, & Josephine grabbed a hold of their radio telegraph, & began plugging away at their message:

To: The Oblarenite Coast Guard
Encryption: None

Hey-Ya! We hope you're doing swell! We've had a rough week, & we were hoping to dock up at Oblaren for a couple days to relax. We have received a recommendation from this guy we met on the street, and he said all of this great stuff about the place. So, yeah, please let us dock, thanks!

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Coast Guard HQ, Port New Jorgen

Captain Carl Nelson was sitting back drink his coffee when the telegram next to him began to make noise. He sighed and pulled his eyes away from the bay, just missing three dolphins in mid-jump. Hastily he put down his coffee and answered the machine. It said that the senders were "Jimothy and Jospehine". Normally, Oblarenite were compassionate and trusting but being in a tense time Nelson typed back:

To: Jimothy and Jospehine

Greetings and welcome to Oblaren! Before we can let you we need to know your nationality, type of vessel, reason for visit and length of stay. If your ship is damaged, sail into the bay and we'll just check your passports and give you a hand.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:06 pm

Through the Hill Pass

Just as all seemed darkest Klaus crumbled to his knees. Eccard pulled him up and shouted "We have to keep going!" Klaus shook his head "I can't go on, my legs won't move. We're finished." Eccard was about to yell at Klaus when the cries of 4 horses were heard. It was Degenhard and Konstantin, mounted on horses like knights in shining armor, no they were knights in shining armor. They held the reigns of their horse in one hand and the reigns of another in their other hands. Konstantin said "Rezua must be warned about what happened. Lt. Lenar told me to find two more messengers and to get the hell out of here. The 4th is going to surrender." The friends looked grimly at each other, how could they leave when they were needed? Their looks were broken by the strange laughter of the nurse "Boys, can't you see you can't help Rezua by staying here? You are three rifles and one machine gun strong. What could you possibly do to win this battle? Forget your comrades over there, they've given everything to get you out of here. Go, warn the defensive lines."

Konstantin and Degenhard took off, Eccard mounted swiftly and followed. Klaus mounted his horse and waited. The woman shouted to him "Come on go!" Klaus reached out and grabbed her right arm "Come, on, you're coming too." In a swift motion Klaus pulled and helped the nurse onto his horse. "Thank you." she said. Klaus smiled and said "Don't mention it. Hold on now." Klaus nearly shivered as he felt gentle arms wrap around his waist. For a second, Klaus felt like his old jovial self, the one that drank with his friends back in Krismith. They said a woman would never wrap herself around him until he was 30. Well, look at him now. But Klaus instantly shook this childish thought from his head. Those fun times were dead, like his friend Eginhard was dead. Klaus felt the weight of the world fall on his shoulders. He and his friends were the only people who could warn Rezua, he couldn't think about some woman who's name he didn't even know. Klaus gave a shout and kicked his horse forward, after the others.

Hill Pass

The Rezuan 4th army had finally decided to surrender. The odds were too greatly stacked against them now that escape was cut off. Soldiers raised up white handkerchiefs and dropped their guns. All were disheartened, except Lt. Lenar. He knew the truth of their surrender, he knew of the messengers. The last thing the 4th could do for Rezua was sent news of the Iasonian strength. Lenar's eyes still had a strange fire, even in surrender. If 20,000 Rezuans held off that many Iasonians for as long as they did, what could the entire army of the glorious empire do?

Krismith

The fighting began to die down as the Rezuans started to pull back out of the city. They had decided to go westward, toward the Empire. They would be safe from the Iasonians there they reasoned. One girl did not intend to leave however. Ellie's scope fell on the messenger's chest. She inhaled slowly and muttered "Go to hell" and squeezed the trigger.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents