NATION

PASSWORD

Of Skin and Scales (PRIVATE)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Of Skin and Scales (PRIVATE)

Postby New United States of Columbia » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Miami, Florida
The creature awoke with a start. It scanned the sky above it, a nice peaceful baby blue with not a cloud in sight. It sat up and examined itself seeing if any damages were done. Sure enough the only damage it found was to it's ice blue cape that it had worn to signify and protect itself from what it was weak against. It's fire red scales shinned in the sunlight and seemed to do the opposite of making it hard to spot. It was easy to find. And sure enough it was attracting unwanted attention by two policemen on their daily beat. The two men looked at each other, looked at the creature who was beginning to get up and find someplace to try and lay low, back at each other, and then back at the beast who was now beginning to head to a large changing station. The two policemen began to try and run after it shouting "Halt!"
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:45 pm

When Juvon last woke up, he was at home, getting ready for lessons at the Academy. They were learning about things like teleportation, the means to get from one place to a faraway point in an instant. At sixty-three years of age, he was still rather young, too young to dabble in things like that, but youth made one brash. He just wanted to try a short trip, maybe from his home and back, no big deal.

Oh, how wrong he was.

Upon recovering from the mishap, Juvon took in his surroundings. Honestly, it didn't seem too bad to him; a little like Undellah, by the looks of things. That said, in spite of his youth, he was still a Draconid, and was known for being resilient to any climate, though he was certainly glad that there were people here. He wasn't too familiar with human customs, as while there were a few where he came from, they were so rare that many, himself included, had never met any in person. That said, the clothes they wore... uniforms of some sort? He wasn't quite sure, but what he did know what that his presence startled them; can't say he blamed them there. But regardless, he couldn't let them catch him, he knew nothing about these people.

Dashing into some sort of booth, he thought about his options. He most certainly could fly out, but his wings couldn't carry him all the way back to Dyste, he didn't even know how far he was from his homeland. Stealth wasn't an option; even if he were to disguise himself, he simply looked too different. And while he could fight his way out, that could cause more issues down the line. Based on what he saw, those people did not attack him on sight, and they did speak a language he was familiar with. Perhaps he could try his chances and reason with them? After all, he was not some savage beast; he was a being of logic and reason, and from what he knew of humans, they were as well.

"Hear me!" his voice was booming and harsh, "I do not wish any harm onto you, but if you try to bring harm to me, I will use all my power to protect myself, and trust when I say that I am as powerful as I look. I merely desire a way home." He wasn't sure how they would react, but he did hope they would realize trying to fight him would be a bad idea. It was now their turn to speak, and he would listen, and determine whether he should flee or not. He just hoped that these humans were as reasonable as the ones he had heard off...
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Sgt. Delano and Cpl. Clinton were doing the usual beat. It was a nice cool day in the great state of Florida and the two officers seemed to have the greatest day possible. Delano was an expecting father any day now, Clinton was expecting a promotion for his service in the Red Ring Conspiracy case, and both were now on semi good terms. But they should've known things would be too good too last.
As they were nearing the end of their beat (just five or so blocks from the police station) near the shoreline they spotted a . . . creature of some sort. At first, as they approached, they thought it was just someone who liked Dragons just a bit too much and thought it'd be cute to dress up like one. That and they thought it was a high quality costume and figured they should congratulate the man if it was home made. Then they noticed it seemed too life like and had no signs of being a costume.
Delano shouted "Halt!" and was about to say "We need to talk for a second!" when Clinton reached for his 10mm Pistol.
"Clinton!" Delano reprimanded the policeman "what's gotten into you?"
"I don't trust strange things! That thing there is strange as can be! It's wearing a cape for God's sake despite being an animal."
Before the two could argue from a nearby changing station they heard a voice boom out:
"Hear me! I do not wish any harm onto you, but if you try to bring harm to me, I will use all my power to protect myself, and trust when I say that I am as powerful as I look. I merely desire a way home."
The two stopped bickering and looked toward the changing station.
"It can talk now?" Clinton remarked as he checked to see if his revolver was loaded.
Delano wasn't listening as he thought over what it had said. It appeared to be somewhat scared (could you blame it?) and simply wanted a way home. And while he sympathized with it's plight this was big news! A strange and possibly powerful creature here in the USC! The King had to hear of this!
"Our Rightful King," Delano shouted back "can get you home! Just promise to meet him in person and I'll see if I can't get you and audience with His Excellency!"
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:47 pm

As Juvon fled into the changing station, he overheard the uniformed humans talking. Did one seriously just refer to him as an animal? Well, technically, he was one, as were they, but he was certain the human did not mean it in that way. Especially since the human seemed surprised he could talk. Really, now... they must be completely unfamiliar with other sapient species. Many of them would consider that an insult. But, he at least have the sense that perhaps this really was their first time seeing anything like him.

It was the other human (he believed both were male, but he wasn't entirely sure), however, who managed to actually say something meaningful to him. They had a king? He thought most human places no longer had them. Even in Mystria, there were less places that had monarchs anymore. But not Dyste; they had a king who reigned from their creation to the present day. If the king of this land was even a fifth was wise and capable as his own, he would be in good hands. What did he have to lose, he didn't know his way around and would be on the run constantly.

"Alright, I am coming out..." the Fire Draconid stepped out slowly, giving the two humans a chance to see him up close. At eight feet tall, he was not fully grown but towered over the humans. His build was average for his species, but again, by comparison it made him look rather burly. His scales were crimson in colour, and his damaged cape was an azure hue. He has markings over his left arm which crept to part of his chest, similar in design to a tattoo. "I am Juvon Infernos of Dyste. I accept your terms, for the time being. If your king is as capable as you claim, it would be an honour to meet with him." He hoped he would not regret this decision, but he saw no real alternative at the given moment.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:58 pm

For several tense moments there appeared to be no response. More than likely the creature was trying to process what Delano had just offered.
"Alright, I am coming out..." the Dragoneque creature replied.
It stepped out slowly, giving the two humans a chance to see it up close. At eight feet tall it seemed to towered over even the tallest of humans. Probably would even tower over the King! Its build was quite burly with muscles that seemed to be either for power or endurance. Its scales were crimson in colour, and its damaged cape was an azure hue. It had markings over its left forearm which crept to part of its chest, similar in design to a tattoo.
"I am Juvon Infernos of Dyste. I accept your terms, for the time being. If your king is as capable as you claim, it would be an honour to meet with him."
The two policemen just stood in shock.
"Holy shit," Clinton uttered after a few seconds of silence "how old is this fella?"
Delano elbowed him in the ribs. As Clinton recovered Delano introduced both himself and Clinton.
"I am Sergeant Delano of the Miami Police Department. This is my partner, Corporal Clinton, soon to be Sergeant after his excellent and brave service during the Red Ring Conspiracy. I can assure you that King Foley I is a capable and pious monarch. Now I can't just waltz right in with you to the palace. We'd more than likely all be shot by the guards especially you, Juvon."
Delano slowly approached the Dragon like creature and said rather nervously "But I can take you to the nearby police station. I promise you aren't being arrested for anything. It's just the only way we can get you there is by pretending your a drunken costumed scalie that is being taken in for the night to sober up. Do you trust us?"
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Juvon took Clinton's statement as a legitimate question, "For your information, I am sixty-three as of last month. I suppose that is old for your standards, but not for my own people." He refrained telling them he was technically an adolescent for fear that they would treat him like a small child.

He was glad the two officers introduced themselves, as it was considered rude to not introduce oneself when meeting a new person. And it seemed they were with local law enforcement. And hopefully this 'Delano' was right about their king. "Understandable, most people meeting us for the first time would be rather taken aback due to our magnificent and awe-inspiring form, and I do not wish to... EX-CUSE ME?!" His expression became more annoyed, his arms crossed. "Drunken Scalie? I am not a... pray tell, what is a 'scalie'?"

Regardless, it did not seemed like he had a better choice about now; his teleportation was not strong enough to get him back, and even someone like King Tyroth may take a long time to find him without some aid by their King Foley. "Okay, I shall trust you, Delano and Clinton. I will be grateful for any aid you can give, as will my king."
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:56 pm

Both Delano and Clinton did their best to avoid showing amusement at Juvon's reaction to Delano's idea for Juvon. Delano carefully slipped the cuffs on Juvon and told him where they were going.
"I promise," Delano said as he, Juvon, and Clinton began to walk to the police station "it's only to get us in there without the world's most convoluted lie or the world's greatest explanation possible. We're just going to ask you some questions and see if we can't get an audience with the King."
Clinton, meanwhile, walked in lockstep with Juvon and kept a careful eye on him.
"Also," Clinton butted in much to Delano's annoyance "a 'scalie' is a person that has an . . ."
His face turned red. Good God how was he going to explain this?
He made a quick change of subject "How did you get here anyway? And what's with the cape? You some sort of superhero?"
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Juvon frowned at the cuffs on his hands. They were a tight fit on his wrists, barely able to make it on. He supposed for non-mages, this was the best way to bind someone, but he knew he could easily break them. But, it was a formality, one that he would have to endure for the time being. "I understand, you need to follow protocol. Not everyone can believe something solely by seeing it."

Juvon thought he recalled the term 'superhero' from something or other... he would have to ask later. "Oh, my cloak? It serves two major purposes. For one, it is a way to store items; as you can probably tell, we do not like covering our bodies with garments, but we do understand one of the practical uses of clothing. There are little pockets on the inner layer of this. The second is that it helps protect me from water and ice. There are eight different kinds of my people, each with an element like in my case, fire. But I must clarify, that does not mean I would shriek and melt from being splashed by a bucket of water," he recalled something like that happening in a foreign book, "I can even swim in water with no issues. No, I am more talking about being hit with magic, like... ah!" He covered his muzzle; he let it slip. Granted, for his own people, talking of magic was common, but he knew not every nation had it. They were generally not supposed to discuss it without evaluating the land first. Too many people have abused that power...

After a moment of silence, he finally spoke up again, "Now, can we get going already? The longer I have this metal bands on my wrists, the more ways I determine on how I could remove them. For the record, I am currently at twenty-six."
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Delano and Clinton both gave a nervous look at hearing of Juvon being able to use magic. They hoped it wasn't as good as their own military tech or else they were in trouble if he or their King got mad.
"Right well it's only a few blocks from here so we should be there in no time, as long as no one gawks at you and we can think up a coherent story to explain away your look." Delano replied.
Clinton nodded and the three set off for the police station.
"Also, just so you know, if you do get to see His Excellency you will need to wear proper garments." Clinton added as they began to walk to the police station.
As they neared it another police beat found them. At first the policemen exchanged worried glances. Do they tell the truth or try to think up an elaborate lie? They looked at Juvon hoping he'd give them an idea of sorts.
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Juvon mostly stayed silent during the trip; he was trying to figure out a way to explain his appearance. There was indeed a spell that his people could use to take a human form temporarily, but he hadn't been trained in it. Thankfully his king was able to do that if he was to arrive... though if they wanted to have any sort of diplomacy, they would eventually have to accept who they were.

His thoughts were interrupted by a comment from the officer known as Clinton, "'Proper garments'? Oh, I see, you are one of those nations that are ashamed of the natural body." Clothing was optional in Dyste, and Draconids often only wore their cloak, if that. "Look, even if I was to wear such things, do you know any store that would sell clothing in my size?"

Either way, they eventually got to a point where they did have to explain his appearance, and Juvon could see that the officers did not know what to do. Then, he recalled something they said earlier... "Officers, thank you for helping me! That is the last time I use so much glue to hold this costume together!" He was hardly an actor, but he did hope it would give them some justification for his form. He figured some might not believe it was a costume, but at least it would cause them to think about it.
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:02 am

The officers, upon hearing and seeing Juvon's 'acting', decided that the two officers didn't need assistance and passed by them. Delano and Clinton gave a sigh of relief.
"I'll chew you out for that comment about us being those people later." Clinton growled as the three headed into the police station.

Juvon was taken to a small cell temporarily as the two officers attempted to get permission to use the interrogation room. While that was happening Delano was trying to convince Clinton to use his new reward for service to King and Country to try and get an audience with King Foley.
"Look the poor man's lost. And if we can become allies with his kind we might be able to have more pull internationally without trying to get into the degenerate and antichrist W.A!"
"I only agree with you on the last part," Clinton replied as he returned his pistol to the armory "but I'm NOT doing anything that'll make that madman you call King look good! I backed Hancock and now he's in exile in Poland because of your King! We were never a Monarchy and never should've been! We were just fine as a Republic!"
"A Republic with a disgustingly antichristian way of life." Delano remarked under his breath.

After ten minutes of arguing and another five of prepping the interrogation room the two officers headed to Juvon's cell. They opened it up and told the Draconic creature to follow them as they lead him to the room.
It was a clinical white tile room with a small metal table in the center with three chairs, two on one side and one on the other. There was a large double glass mirror to the left of the table that showed their reflection while allowing outsiders to look in.
"Please sit down, Juvon so we can begin." Delano told Juvon as he and Clinton began to sit down on their side of the table. Clinton pulled out of his breast pocket a small notebook and a black pen.
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Juvon was put inside a cell that he supposed was to confine him, but he already knew the bars would be no more effective at confining him than the cuffs would.

Whether the officers were aware he was listening in on them or they didn't care, the Draconid could tell that they did not see eye-to-eye on what to do with him. It seemed that maybe not everyone liked their new king; fair enough, even Tyroth had some opponents in his early years to his rule. He wasn't sure what this 'antichristian' thing one of them was going on about was, maybe it had to do with some human custom? Maybe something to ask later...

Either way, he was eventually taken to another small room. He wished that he had mastered how to temporarily change dimensions of a room to fit him better, would come in handy; it just made him feel cramped. Regardless, he felts it was still necessary to follow the rules for now. Well, aside from the modification he did to the cuffs...

Looking at the chair they chose, he smirked; he knew there was a good chance it would be crushed under his weight. He muttered something under his breath, motioning his hand, before sitting down. If one looked at the cuffs, the chain seemed a little longer than before, and the cuffs themselves were larger, a more comfortable fit around his hands instead of being too tight like they used to be. For the first time since he arrive, he seemed to be in somewhat of a good mood. "Very well, ask away, if you please."
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:30 am

Delano began with a few basic questions.
"Just requirements from the state and usual procedure. We need your name, rank, and serial number."
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Juvon blinked; was this a common thing for humans to ask? For his own people, name and occupation was fine. "My name is Juvon Infernos. My rank... you mean like the military? I am not currently enlisted in our armed forces. I am still an apprentice mage, and I am currently a student. Now, I have no idea what this 'serial number' is... is it a series of digits relating to one's breakfast?"

The Fire Draconid was still confused about what that last one meant, but he figured that it would make more sense once he stayed here longer. "Now, have anything more meaningful to ask of me?"
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Delano nodded. Apparently these Draconids didn't have a numbering system which could indicate a far smaller military. Still they did seem to have advanced magic from what they were told and guessing.
"Of course. Like I said that's standard procedure or protocol. For one how exactly did you get here in the first place? Two, what types of technology do your kind have? And three, where did you come from?"
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Juvon considered how much he was willing to share with the officers, but honesty was a virtue. Furthermore, if they viewed them a threat,they did have a large amount of allies on the world stage, albeit not so much among the human realms. "Well, first off, I came here by a teleportation mishap. You are aware of teleportation, correct? Getting from one place to another instantly? Well, I tried doing that, and I ended up here. Rather foolish, I admit." He wondered how his classmates reacted upon that, or their teacher... or, for that matter, his parents...

The young magic apprentice snapped to attention; he didn't want to show weakness to those humans, "Second, my people do have access to most modern-day devices by trading, though many we are still getting used to..." He recalled the first time someone showed him a camera. "We are admittedly behind for a while, but with the aid of our allies and a few inventions of our own, we are catching up. And lastly, I hail from the Draconid Monarchy of Dyste, founded and ruled by King Tyroth Blackfang." He was certain nobody in this side of the world would've heard from them, even if they were well-known within their region. Not to say they lacked relations with human nations, just none from this side of the world. For all he knew, that had never even met a sapient nonhuman in their lives. "King Dyste is a wise and just ruler, and has interacted with nations like yours before. Certainly he will be willing to listen to your king if he knew about this."
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Delano and Clinton both shared nervous looks with one another. Then they returned their attention to Juvon.
"Excuse for a moment, Mr. Juvon," Delano pleaded as he and Clinton stood up and began to head outside of the interrogation room "just need to digest this information."
Clinton gave him a really? sort of look.
The two officers left the room and Clinton immediately gave a suggestion.
"I say we kill him now while we have the chance! Modern technology AND magic!? There's no chance of convincing them to not go after us if they think we took the bastard! Besides it's not like he can communicate to them or else he wouldn't be needing our help."
"Clinton are you insane!" Delano retorted not even keeping his voice down allowing Juvon to potentially listen in "Kill him? We made a promise he'll get an audience with His Majesty and by God I'll see it through. And, I don't know how many times I have to stress this, HE'S LOST! And I don't care what you think but the fact is one he's lost and two he needs our help."
The two went arguing on for at least ten or twenty minutes before cooler heads prevailed and Clinton agreed to be quiet so long as Delano asked more military and other important intel questions.
The two officers returned and Delano resumed the questioning when he got to his seat.
"So do you have a rough idea of the capabilities of your Kingdom's military? And how much modern tech does your nation have stocked up?"
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:13 pm

If the officers were not aware that Juvon could hear them, they would be once they entered the room. The Fire Draconid's expression darkened, a frown on his face. "Excuse me," he spoke to them, "But you may not be fully aware that I am a student, not a soldier. Military matters are not my field of expertise. That said, most of the soldiers are well-trained and more capable of battle than I am. And we mainly use our natural abilities and magic on the field of battle, as far as I am aware."

In spite of Juvon's efforts, he could simply not let what he heard outside go. "Now, I wish to convey something to you. Considering the circumstances, I have been nothing but cooperative. Breaking out would be all too easy, but I trusted you enough to go along with this. And yet, I overheard talking about killing. Now, I do not know your society, but in mine, killing someone - murder - is one of the worst crimes one can commit. I have never harmed another person in my life; many of my people are pacifists. Even after what one of you said, I still have no desire to bring harm to you. However, know this: my peoples can sense others of their own kind. I believe that is the way they are looking for me, even. Before I encountered you, my original idea was to hide and wait for someone to rescue me. But they would certainly NOT take finding my body very well. So please, for all our sakes, treat me fairly during my time here, and whomever arrives to pick me up may be willing to help you out."

In spite of what he said, he did hope that there indeed was someone looking for him. Perhaps even the king himself might be involved...
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:13 am

"Oh God," was all Delano could say as he raced trying to think of something that wouldn't piss the Draconid off "uh, Clinton, will you explain yourself or are we, as a nation, screwed?"
Clinton merely glowered at the Draconid.
Before anyone could try and do anything Delano added "On second thought I think we've got enough information to justify an audience with the King so if you'll just sit tight for a second Juvon."
Again the two officers were out in the hall and again there was fighting. At first it was verbal. The two disagreeing on whether or not Clinton was insane for siggestioning they murder Juvon and then over whether or not Delano was insane for instantly trusting him. Insults when flying, Delano accused Clinton of being a Communist, and a melee broke out between them.
When the two returned several minutes later Delano had several cuts and bruises while Clinton had a black eye and a bloody nose.
"Congratulations, Mr. Juvon," Delano said looking to be in immense pain "Clinton had some sense knocked into him,"
"Repeatedly on the floor." The officer added as he took a seat and began wiping the blood off his face with the back of his hand.
"And you are scheduled to have an audience with the King sometime this week."
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Even with all Clinton had done, Juvon did not enjoy the sight of him or Delano hurt. Moving close to them, he held his hands close to them, and a soft red glow emitted from them. While it did not cause the bruises or cut to go away, the pain lessened. "My apologies," the young mage-in-training said, "My healing is rather weak at this point. But hopefully that will make you feel better."

The Fire Draconid sighed; he felt a bit guilty over being the cause of their fight, "Well, Delano, thank you for your support. I shall wait patiently for the visit with your king. Just bear in mind that I require a larger intake of food than humans do, so unless you wish to keep feeding me, I suggest you keep your promise. Who knows, perhaps my own people are looking for right now..."

Elsewhere...

Thousands of kilometers away, in a land up until today nobody on Columbia's side of the world another knew existed, another Fire Draconid had entered the audience chamber of the castle of his liege, "I believe we have tracked the missing student down, sire."

"Excellent. Where is he?"

"I do not know the area, but it appears to be in a area populated only by humans. I shall arrange a platoon to arrive to rescue him..."

"No," The king knew right away that it would be a bad idea; even if they did find the missing student, they would cause a commotion, potentially endangering future meetings with the nation. "Lissah and I shall go. We have far more experience with human settlements than your troops do, and we have ways of getting in without resorting to conflict, unlike you."

"Your Majesty! Is that a good idea?"

"Come now, they will not have anything that can harm me. Besides, if we play this right, we might start up good relations with them. It would be nice to at least convince some humans that we are no threat to them..."
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:33 pm

For once Clinton smiled and thanked the Draconid. Delano also thanked him.
"If you'd like," Delano offered Juvon "you can stay with my wife and I. It might be a while before the King can accept your audience."
Clinton nodded at the Mage-in-training
"Either that or you can rest in the jail cells here. Trust me, my apartment isn't big enough for you and I."
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Juvon was relieved that the tension seemed to drop after his act. Healing not only helped the body, but the spirit, he recalled his teacher telling him. "Well, of course I shall take you on your offer, Delano." It was an obvious choice; he would feel quite cramped in that cell, and this would give him an opportunity to meet another person from these lands.

There was one matter still left to be resolved, "So, please do tell me I not longer have to wear these?" holding his hands, still in cuffs. "Oh, and forgive me for lengthening them like that; they were getting too uncomfortable." He could easily used his magic to outright take them off, but he felt that, given the circumstance it would not be the best idea. "Unless you would like me to break them off? My size and bulk is not just for show, you know."
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:32 pm

"Go on. Break 'em off! That's fine Columbian steel right there! I bet twenty Silver Eagles you can't break out of 'em!"
As the two officers watched Juvon take Clinton's bet Clinton informed Delano of two problems with his plan:
One how was he supposed to get Juvon to his home in Green Hills?
And:
Two: What if his wife didn't take to Juvon as nicely as they did?
Delano didn't seem to be able to give an answer. Then he figured he could answer the first question with his own question.
"How high up to you think you can fly, Juvon?"
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Juvon grinned; even if he lost he wouldn't have the money to lose, so why not? Blowing on the cuffs, the air from his body heated up the cuffs; he did not want to use a full-on fire breath in fear of risking frightening the officers, but that should make it easier. He then pushed his two arms away from one another, causing the chain to snap. He then enlarges the cuffs themselves, causing them to slip off his hands. "Not bad, hm? I was worried I was still too underdeveloped to have the strength necessary, but I feel it worked out."

He had the same concerns as the officers; he knew that this might not be as easy as the trip here. Fortunately, Delano had an idea, "Well, yes, I have training in flying, and I could fly fairly high. However, if it is a long way, I might require a rest to give my wings a break. Also, I will need a good spot to land when we get there; I would not wish to crash into your house or anything." He was only half-kidding about that; there was a reason flight lessons were usually done in wide open spaces.
Embassy Program

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Clinton leapt to his feet.
"That wasn't part of the bet!" the Columbian officer cried out "you're supposed to break it with natural strength!"
Delano shook his head.
"You never specified that part."
He then turned his attention to the Red Draconid.
"Well there is a small park in the middle of the suburbs so you could try and land there. Then I'll pick you up and give a very short ride to my home. All we have to hope for is that no one sees you and you don't crash into any planes, vertibirds, or buildings. Oh, and Green Hills is only around four or so miles from here so it shouldn't be too draining. Plus it's on a hill so you can't miss it."
He grinned a bit as he finally drew breath.
"Any questions?"
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents