NATION

PASSWORD

The Universe Project II - Hub [FT/Applications/OoC/Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Universe Project II - Hub [FT/Applications/OoC/Open]

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Good morning, afternoon, and evening to those of you who are browsing International Incidents, and welcome to The Universe Project II, abbreviated to TUP-II. For the past little while, especially after the premature end of the FT RP "Sea of Stars" in P2TM, I have been searching for a reliable, inclusive, stable, and relatively experienced FT RPing groups, to no avail. Having OP'd The Universe Project I last year, and prior to that three incarnations of the FT Roleplaying group FAR before all of them fell apart or unwound, I have decided to revive the Universe Project name once more in order to establish a Future Tech Roleplaying community that is both stable and provides regular participation for and from those that join. Taken from the original The Universe Project OP;

What The Universe Project offers is a possibility for realistic* intergalactic diplomacy, war, and so on. What TUP aims to do is to create a friendly, open world for FT nations wishing to interact with one another in the form of an organized group, where they can easily access other FT RPers and FT RPs in a centralised, organized fashion, without worrying too much about lacking information about the aforementioned civilizations, or of random drop-outs, et cetera.

TUP is designed to set up a universal canon of sorts that would allow for the creation of a standard “code”, if you will, that would allow for the intermeshing of our various civilizations and their histories. From the very get go, there will be an established history of civilizations that would span the entire galaxy, their relations, past wars, rivalries, allies, et cetera, that will all be important to the go-ahead of the RP group.

The mission of TUP-II hasn't changed one bit, and I hope to revitalize the Future Tech Roleplaying community on NS by providing a centralized, easy-to-access, and dependable RP community. The Universe Project isn't developed to be a single, linear RP, but instead to act as an OoC Hub and codified, standard IC history among all nations by providing a backstory that factors all participants into it. While a number of people on the forums often employ multiple-galactic empires that span hundreds of thousands of planets and contain trillions of people, I will be limiting the size of the RP to a single galaxy in order to prevent classic FT issues such as number spam and the concept of an "Invulnerable Empire", where a political entity has simply become too big to fail, sort of like Walmart or Microsoft, but in an extra-galactic scale.

As the Universe Project is a constantly evolving aggregation of IC backstory and OoC cooperation between the participating nations, it is not now, nor will it ever be truly "finished" in the sense that the backstory of the universe will continue to be modified and changed as new civilizations or players enter into the equation. That being said, the backstory and the way that it affects how players interact with one another, will hardly ever change on a massive scale after it has been established. While I have included a certain amount of backstory already that I have established as canon, a large deal of it recycled and continued on from the previous Universe Project, minor various plot points within the "Brief History of the Galaxy" can be added in or adjusted depending on the willingness of the participants.

The galaxy that will be the setting for TUP-II is known as "Beta Valibi", a spiritual and meta-successor to TUP-I's Alpha Valibi, though everybody will have different terms for the galaxy in their own civilizations. This galaxy is long past its prime, with the civilizations that inhabit the galaxy now being not the first or second wave of space-faring civilizations to inhabit the galaxy, but instead the third.

More than one hundred thousand years prior to the events of TUP-II, a civilization termed "The Forebears" tread upon the galaxy's systems, ruling the galaxy. The Forebears were a powerful extra-galactic empire that entered and conquered the entirety of Beta Valibi within a time frame of a mere hundred years, wiping entire civilizations off the stellar map and subjugating hundreds of others.

These Forebears set up massive cities, terraformed and created entire planets, seeded entire solar systems and were able to completely change the stellar environment in a matter of months. Their technology was so advanced that it completely dwarfed any other civilization that Beta Valibi had ever seen, ruling the galaxy without parallel, with a benevolent, but iron fist. However, suddenly, without warning, nearly Fifty five thousand years ago, the entire Forebear Empire disappeared in a mere century in what Stellar Historians call "The Great Collapse", the empire disappearing just as rapidly as they had come, in a blink of an eye.

The buildings that they had built, monuments that they had erected, worlds that they created, were all abandoned, left to rot in the sands of time, the metal gears of Kronos grinding away at their legacy. Many of these structures still exist, albeit in a useless fashion, perhaps as religious icons or archaeological sites.

The galaxy Beta Valibi once housed an arm of the incomprehensibly vast Forebear Empire, who, wherever they went, brought their colonized and subjugated species with them for business, administrative, and military purposes. Their seemingly endless empire stretched throughout multiple galaxies, including Omega Centauri, Messier 83, as well as both Magellanic Clouds.

One of the most important galaxies that they controlled, however was the Milky Way, birthplace to the original Human Race. As the Forebears came, so too did their subjuates, including the Humans. Unlike a large portion of the other species that were in servitude to the Forebears, the Humans were the most populous by far, and unlike many of the others that had been genetically been sterilized by the Forebears, were allowed to colonize and live within Forebear systems, as they were considered one of the
most adaptable of species and made excellent cannon fodder for Forebear armies.

When the Forebears disappeared, the Humans that were left over, on dozens of planets throughout the galaxy, fell once more into periods of uncivilization and prehistory. The causes of these periods are unclear and still have not been uncovered by most species.

The concept of faster than light (FTL) travel has become a stable of any reasonable Future Tech or Sci-Fi universe. For those of you who don't know, FTL travel is the concept that certain methods of physics and engineering paired with technological innovation could lead to an engine so powerful that it could, for a time, sustain speeds that are faster than light, shortening the time required for interstellar travel by years, decades, even.

In the prior incarnation of TUP, I limited FTL to a certain method, mostly because I don't know enough about physics to come up with a legitimate answer and for RPing reasons. However, in this rendition of the RP, FTL will be limited by only a single parameter - that is, the time that it takes to engage the FTL drives in each of your ships. This is done for two main reasons; the first being "Oh, I'm starting to lose a battle, better flee instantly!". Fleeing a battle isn't illegal, but you shouldn't be able to lose a battle and come out of it completely unscathed. The second reason, and the more important reason, is "Tactical FTL Use". What this concept is is that, in the midst of battle, a ship may activate its FTL drive instantly and teleport itself a few hundred kilometers behind it's enemy and slaughter them instantly.

What can the OP do?

Well, if you're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world, I'm Tyler Durden. I have the final word on all issues within the Project, and you should assume as much. My powers are unlimited, but just. I create the rules with an open discussion with the participants of the project and often act upon suggestions that are put forward during this time. Alongside this, I am also in charge of administering the RP, accepting nations and starting RPs in order to have a semblance of control over them. The OP is the progenitor of the thread and thus is the paramount executive, usually, when it comes administration or legislation-time.

What can the Co-Ops do?

Since their jobs vary from RP to RP, it should be made clear what their role is in this Project. If I'm Tyler Durden, the Co-Ops are Edward Norton. I really like Fight Club, if you couldn't tell. I create the rules, and they follow them and make sure others follow them as well. It is important to note that the Co-Ops are not able to create new rules, nor are they allowed to accept applications. That means that if a Co-Op says that your application is acceptable, it does not mean you're accepted.

The job of the Co-Op is to abide by the rules set by the OP in a semi-authoritative way by laying down the law where it's meant to be laid and provide "Vetting" for applications, like I've been doing, for any important errors or corrections that need to be fixed before I can get my hands on them. This, of course, is designed to make everyone's life much easier and the whole application process much faster.

Finally, I often think of Co-Ops as RP role models, the ones you go to for help or RP assistance during any conflict. They're there to enforce the rules, but also clarify and improve everybody's RPing experience, and I've picked my Co-Ops in a way that I ensure they're skilled RPers and experienced in the topic at hand, FT RPing. They have the power to bring to attention any possible godmodding or breach of rules to myself, or, if prolonged, the moderation team itself, especially if I, for whatever reason, am taking an extended leave.

If anyone is unclear on either the role of the OP or the Co-Op, feel free to telegram me for clarification.

Q: If I'm making a civilization that is populated by Humans, do I have to also make a Species App?
A: No, unless the genus of Humans have evolved or changed in some sort of way to make them fundamentally unlike Homo Sapien Sapien. So, let's say that, for whatever reason, your species of Humans has an extra pair of arms. That'd warrant a Species App.

Q: But I want to use Tactical FTL!
A: Lol.

Q: I don't understand the main storyline of this RP.
A: In case you didn't read, there isn't a main "story line". Instead, the players will have the choices to form various stories, diplomatic incidents, or even wars with one another. The idea of this thread and this group is to provide access and freedom for FT players to RP with one another in a codified atmosphere with a standardized backstory.

Q: So in that case, I can go willy-nilly posting threads?
A: Not exactly. The whole thing is fairly laissez-faire, but I do want to track which RPs belong to this universe and whatnot. When or if you want to start a thread, telegram me or one of the Co-Ops a notification that the thread is being started, and a link to the IC thread so we can link it in the main thread. There isn't a need for individual OoC threads, the discussion for those should be kept to this thread.

Civilization Application:

Code: Select all
[box][b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Government Description:[/b]
[b]National Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Nation Capital:[/b]
[b]Nation Age:[/b]
[b]Nation History:[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Major Species:[/b]
[b]Minor Species:[/b]
[b]Cultural Information:[/b]
[b]Society Information:[/b]
[b]Language(s):[/b]
[b]Notable Locations:[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b][u]
Military Information:[/u][/b]
[b]Military Doctrine:[/b]
[b]Military Strengths:[/b]
[b]Military Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Major Industries:[/b]
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Additional Information:[/u][/b]
[b]Technological Bases:[/b]
[b]NS Activity:[/b]
[b]RP Experience:[/b]
[b]Map Claim(s):[/b] - Leave this blank for now, until we have completed the map. -
[b]Map Colour:[/b][/box]

0192 (Don't delete this.)

Species Application:

Code: Select all
[b]Species Name:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Average Lifetime:[/b]
[b]Respiratory Gas:[/b]
[b]Reproductive Cycle:[/b]
[b]Natural Abilities:[/b]
[b]Diet:[/b]
[b]Possible Genetic Defects: [/b](Just like many humans are born with things such as Trisomy 21, what kind of genetic defects does your species have?)
[b]Additional Information:[/b]

Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Nation Name: The Combine Initiative.
Government Type: A Highly-Centralized Police State functioning under a Constitutional Monarchy.
Government Description: The Combine Initiative is a highly-centralized Police State where a civil government holds absolute power over the populace that is enforced by a number of organizations, including the Combine Initiative's Military Arm, the Military Police of the Combine Initiative, the House Guard, and the aggregate police and secret police forces throughout all of the provinces of the home world and the colonies. This is different from a Military Junta, where the military, and those in charge of it, rule the nation.

The government of the Combine Initiative, known as the Iron Ring, is an oligarchic group of high-level bureaucrats, CEOs of high-level private security firms, and various other influential figures. While the Iron Ring has a nominal leader, Havelock Nero, who is portrayed as a sort of "Big Brother" figure, the Iron Ring makes decisions as a group of equals. They are, however, de jure subservient to the current monarch of the Initiative. As they rule with absolute, undefined power they have no legislation restricting them despite theoretically being limited by the monarch's veto, though military and economic strong-arming have long rendered this veto useless. Though they often have to find a mediation point between their civic policies and the military, who is by far their most powerful supporter. Often most of the CI's legislation is political maneuvering to weaken the military to a point where they will no longer pose a serious threat to the Iron Ring, but to keep them strong enough to resist outside threats.
National Leader(s): The current head of the monarchy is Empress Szuurahkt I Kuurrat'Kiimas'Karr'Khos'sze, last of her clan. Havelock Nero and his Iron Ring, however, control the real power in the Combine Initiative.
Nation Capital and Description: Terminal City, upon the planet of Arcadia. Initially the a small village that was chosen to be developed as the new united monarchy's capital, Terminal City grew into the nexus of the Combine Initiative's political, social, and economic structures through initial central planning and further free market development. As the power of the Combine Initiative grew, so too did the wealth and affluence of the Terminal City. It is, however, the only place on the planet that is simultaneously urbanized and non-industrialized. While super-industrialized sprawls grow around it, Terminal City itself remains relatively unindustrialized, relying instead on banking, finance, politics, and entertainment sectors to fund the growth of the city.
Nation Age: The current rendition of the Combine Initiative has been around for two hundred and thirty six years, but the civilization has been around since the time of the Forebears, but recorded history spans nearly six thousand years.
Nation History: The history of the Combine Initiative, to be understood fully, must be put into context of the history of the Arcadians, that stretched back to just over six thousand years, at least, of recorded history. The history of the Arcadians can be traced by using certain "ages" on the B.P Scale (Before Present), sort of like Earth's B.C.E/C.E. The first of the ages was the Artruk/Dzurr'akhd Age, which refers to the Artruk and Dzurr'akhd cultures that initially sprung up from the South-Eastern Continent. The Artruk Culture was one of many non-civilized cultures, of which all Arcadians of that time period adhered to. They resided in the thick, swampy rainforests of the North-Central portion of the South-Eastern Continent, however during their tenure of settlement in the area, the climate must have been much more temperate. A sudden climate change forced them onto the Coasts of the continent of Artruk, where they began the Dzurr'akhd culture, developing into what would become the only civilized Arcadian culture until the Enlightenment Era. The Dzurr'akhd Culture was marked by stone building, writing, social stratification (The fracturing of the Trader and Warrior classes) and most importantly the discovery of sailing. The Dzurr'akhd Culture, initially on the North-Western coastline of the continent of the Artruk, colonized the dozens of small-to-medium sized islands that populated the coast of Artruk. On the coastline, the cities consisted of a large population of Warriors, who were the illiterate defenders of each city, and a smaller population of Traders, who led the city, were literate, and ensured continuous prosperity, as well as making up the population of sailors. On the contrary, the island cities consisted of a large population of Traders, Warriors not needed as much due to a natural defense - the water. Eventually, in the cities on the Coastline of Artruk, the illiterate Warriors overthrew their Trader Masters, killing the majority of them, losing the knowledge of literacy and burning all of the coastline cities to the ground. This marks the beginning of the Dark Age.

The Dark Age, beginning circa 4800 B.P, saw the rise of feudalism and The Warlords on the Coastline of Artruk, the destruction of technological advancement on Artruk, and the increased levels of piracy. On the Islands off of Artruk, however, the Traders remained in power, oppressing their Warrior castes and remaining prosperous, literate, and advancing technologically. The islands continued the tradition of colonizing, colonizing other islands as well as attempting to colonize the coastline of Artruk, but failing due to the Warlords being fiercely territorial. Due to their limitations in shipbuilding and navigation, these island cities couldn't colonize the other continents, and in fact had no knowledge of their existence, believing only monsters to be past the Great Sea. The island cities remained trading partners with one another, and rarely, if ever warred with one another, for when a conflict arose, the cities would call a great council to vote upon the conflict and determine the outcome. By 4300 B.P, this had evolved into the archaic form of the League, which was officially called into being in 4296 B.P. The League was a political confederacy where member states, in this case the entirety of the island cities and their colonies, would be economically and politically independent - each city dominated by a powerful Trader elite oppressing Warriors and poorer Traders alike in their respective cities - but had a united military force that policed the waters for pirates, ensured the safety of the trading convoys, and provided political peace and stability for the island cities and their colonies. For another three hundred years, while the Warlords on the continent festered in their backwards and primitive ways, the League expanded its technological knowledge, having knowledge of gunpowder and firearms by 3900 B.P. By 3700 B.P, a small elite army and a massive navy was under the control of the League, who began the First Era of Reclamation.

The First Era of Reclamation refers to the time period between 3700 B.P and 3400 B.P when the League invaded, defeated, and colonized the Warlords and their former territory on the coastline of Artruk. However, the process wasn't instantaneous. Despite their massive technological advantage and military organization, the Warlords had numbers, knowledge of terrain, and physical prowess to deter the League invaders. More often than not, League armies would engage Warlord troops at a melee distance with their gunpowder weaponry, limiting its effectiveness. After the first century of conflict, the League was split down two lines, one that wanted to give up the Reclamation, citing its expense in both wealth and manpower, and those that wanted to continue the Reclamation due to a sense of revanchism, and the potential lucrative colonies that could be set up on the rich lands of the Coastline of Artruk. It looked as if the League was to split up, were it not for the efforts of a brave statesman from a small colony, Neh'ra Kz'oz'ma. Kz'oz'ma, with diplomatic tact, repaired the rift between the two factions, set up a military academy that studied gunpowder tactics and taught them to the future generals of the nation, and expanded the army greatly by making it mandatory for Traders who make under a certain amount of income a year to serve. His administrative reforms are extensive as well, reducing the complexity of the League's legislative process and making it a more efficient political body. Within his lifetime, the First Era of Reclamation had dramatically reversed its fortunes. The League was winning battle after battle, Warlord after Warlord falling victim to the powerful gunpowder weapons, finally being employed properly. The League's banner became synonymous with slaughter and death to the Warlords and their troops. Many surrendered just at the sight of a League formation. Kz'oz'ma wouldn't live to see his dream realized, but a century and a half after his death, the last Warlord fell. Reconstruction of the Coast of Artruk was extensive, and new colonies were set up where the old cities were burned down. Many of the former labourers that worked under the Warlord's feudal system moved to these cities and became a new caste of Trader. Defeated Warriors also moved into these cities in droves. The new colonies were accepted into the League, but lacked certain rights other full members of the League had, as the League feared an uprising by the Warriors once more, who were much more populous in the Coastal cities.

The Second Era of Reclamation refers to a quiet period between 3400 B.P and 3000 B.P where the League expanded its holdings, colonies, and seafaring technologies to include compasses, advanced astronomical navigation techniques, and shipbuilding technologies that allowed them, for the first time, to traverse the Great Sea looking for new lands to settle. They first discovered the Western and Northern continents, and soon set up colonies upon them. The League flourished, but soon the administrative reforms of Kz'oz'ma and his successors were forgotten. The League overextended itself, and between combating native Arcadians on the North and Western colonies, the suppression of the Warrior caste on Artruk, and the political radicalization of the League itself eventually caused a massive implosion of the League in 3064 B.P, starting with the Revolt of the Warriors of Artruk, where a group of cities revolted against the League due to its discrimination of their population and their lesser position of their cities as opposed to the other cities. The issue was worsened when both the Western and Northern colonies declared their independence. By 3008 B.P, the League had been reduced to its core territories in the coastal islands of Artruk.

The Era of Enlightenment followed the Second Era of Reclamation. From approximately 3000 B.P until 2400 B.P,

The Era of Industry, from 2400 B.P to 2000 B.P

The Third Era of Reclamation, from 2000 B.P to 1600 B.P

The Era of Peace, 1600 B.P to 1200 B.P

The Era of War, 1200 B.P to 1000 B.P

The First Era of Tyranny, 1000 B.P to 850 B.P

The Era of Revolution, 850 B.P to 236 B.P

The Second Era of Tyranny, 236 B.P to present.

Population: 3.809 Billion, with 2.9 billion upon their capital, and 9,089,000 in their colonies.
Major Species: "Combine", occasionally "Arcadian", scientifically known as Homo Sapien Arcadia.
Minor Species: There are no recognized minorities, however, the empire is not homogenous and a number of other species and minorities persist.
Cultural Information: Culture in the Combine Initiatve has roots that run deep into prehistory. The general culture of those that live within the empire can be likened to a spectrum - on one end there are the Combine who are arcane, Spartan-like wawrriors, and on the other are merchants, traders, and commercially-minded people. Much of the Initiative's society fits into one category or the other, or somewhere in between depending on where their ancestors hailed from on Arcadia. It's similar to the Hindu caste system of Earth, except there's no system or given name for it. Often, warriors and traders will remain separate in terms of marriage and reproduction, with the latter forming the civic and administrative positions of the ruling class and the former comprising of the military leadership and servicemen.

When dealing with others of their own species, they will remain cold and bleak, brusque, and to a point, though not overtly hostile. Efficiency and productivity are paramount in the society and this reflects in the personalities of most Arcadians. When dealing with non-Arcadians, they can either be cold and harsh to their allies, or outwardly hostile to those that they deem inferior or dangerous.
Society Information: The society itself is very cold and unforgiving. The national ideas that are promulgated by the police state unto its populace are those of nationalism, supremacy, and extreme cultural narcissism. From an early age, Combine are imbued with the ideas of superiority in government-mandated school, being taught that the Combine, or the Homo Sapiens Arcadii, are the true successors, and, in fact, the inheritors of the Forebear's empire. Many of the Combine believe that the Forebears were in fact Humans, rather than the Humans having been enslaved by the Forebears, and the Combine are the direct descendants of the ruling class of the Forebears and promulgate this belief in their daily lives and dealings with others, especially other Human nations.
Language(s): The Combine Initiative's language is an Esperanto-esque aggregate, artificially unified language that is used across the empire, though local languages and dialects are used in day-to-day life on the homeworld and its colonies.
Notable Locations and Description(s):
  • Arcadia - The Homeworld, known as Arcadia, is a planet seemingly split between sprawling industrial zones that occupy about a third of the planet, and thick, dense nature that covers the other two thirds, with impossibly overgrown jungles dominating the equator like a huge, planet-wide greenbelt, forests of huge, tree-like organisms stretching for kilometers in all directions in the northern, cooler wilderness, wide and rushing rivers, massive, open and deep oceans and finally, long expanses of savanna and barren, rocky desert found in the south-central parts of the planet, dotting the planet like massive acne blotches. The average temperature of the planet in the more hospitable zones is around twenty three degrees Celsius, though in the more radical extremes of the planet it can reach up to 67 degrees Celsius above freezing and 34 degrees Celsius below freezing. A single day on Arcadia takes nearly twenty nine hours, though in the polar zones, daylight is often limited to a few hours a day based upon the seasons and current rotational position. The planet has a radius of 11987 km, roughly 1.89 times larger than Terra. The total population of Arcadia is 2.9 billion people, though current birthrates are expected to take that number much higher.
  • Gykon - Gykon is the only other inhabitable planet in the DS-109 Star System, though calling it "inhabitable" may be a stretch. It is a planet covered in ice with constant polar storms. The temperature never reaches above -15 Celsius, and entire oceans teeming with massive, terrifying sea creatures are hidden by inches of snow and feet of ice. DS-109 also contains the Green planet, which will be talked about in the next couple of lines. Gykon is the most recent of the Combine Initiative's colonization attempts, and has thus far provided to be the most challenging. Gykon provides a number of uses to the DS-109 star system as well as the Combine Initiative as well. Being the farthest planet in the rotation of DS-109's star, it would theoretically be the first one to make contact with any foreign or unwanted miscellaneous factions or rival empires. It has a sizable military garrison and an ambitious combined aboveground-underground complex that is still under construction, but is planned to run through the entire planet. It is also armed with impressive Anti-Spatial Craft weapons, mainly rail guns. It is also home to limited scientific and economic ventures, the former aiming to study and experiment on the local wildlife as well as test new weapons systems in relative isolation, and the latter's purpose is to harvest, treat, and
    export water to the rest of the CI. The total population is 109,000.
  • Green - Green is perhaps the most important colony of the Combine Initiative, and its whereabouts is kept secret from any other outside foreign power due to the strategic value that the planet holds. Sparsely populated, nearly the entire planet's population is engaged in either farming or fishing the bountiful planet. The only urbanized center is Little Terminal, which contains just under a million people. The rest of the populace is spread throughout the rest of the world in decentralized little farming hamlets. The planet itself is about half the size of the Earth, and has a rotation of a similar amount of time. The nature of a few of the more exotic predatory creatures, both aquatic and land-based are highly coveted as luxurious spectacles back in Terminal City. The planet lacks little military presence aside from the Green Colonial Militia, fiercely loyal to the regime, as well as a number of local police departments, and a single, if minor, Military Fleet in orbit as well as a sensor relay to call for help from the capital if needed. The total population of the world is just under three million.
  • The Maw - The Maw isn't so much a colony as it is the aggregation of a number of different defense, colonial, and mining stations that are embedded in the Asteroid Belt in the Arcadia's home system of the same name. Citizens typically go to the Maw as volunteers to seek out economic prosperity (as the state pays handsomely for any miners who go to mine the precious material in these asteroids), less-willing convicts who have been sentenced life's hard labour (Usually for political dissent.), or as soldiers, volunteers or draftees. The Maw acts as the first line of defense to the Combine Initiative's homeworld, and thus, is extremely in-depth and well-armed. It has a total population, with permanent, semi-permanent, and soldiers altogether at nearly six million in around 350 stations, economic or military, across the belt.

Military Information:

Military Doctrine: The Military doctrine of the Combine Initiative is split into two major categories; that of the spatial plane, and that of their land-based armies. Due to the relative small populace of the Initiative, the Combine have chosen to focus on Spatial superiority in order to not incur as many losses when fighting other major powers. In space, the Combine Initiative divides their ship groups into three different types; Subcapital (Heavy Destroyers, Light and Heavy Cruisers), Capital (Battlecruisers, Battleships, and Escort Carriers), and Fleet (Dreadnoughts and Fleet Carriers), with an emphasis on Carrier units and their escorts, foregoing the massive and expensive ships-of-the-line in order to create a fighter/bomber-based fleet. Most ships, including all Subcapital, and non-carrier Capital and Fleet are armed primarily with three types of armaments; Missiles, Magnetic Accelerator Cannons, and Mass Drivers. The last two are similar, but Mass Drivers are used in much closer proximity to the foe, as they have larger payloads fired at lower velocities than the Magnetic Accelerator Cannons (MAC for short.). Subcapital ships are used to escort the larger Capital and Fleet ships which are used to deliver the most damage. Combine bombers are piloted by two, and have multiple nuclear payloads aboard their bombers. A more detailed breakdown of each ship will be on the Encyclopedia Galaktica.

In combat, the Spatial Arm of the Combine Initiative seeks to use their subcapital ships both as targets and guards for their larger ships in order to provide support and to absorb as much damage as possible for their larger-tonnage ships. Alongside this, they use overwhelming firepower, not unlike that of the doctrine of Shock and Awe, to disorient, demoralize, and disorganize their enemies before they have a chance to respond. By inciting panic and disarry into the ranks of the enemy, it would be much easier to compartmentalize and systematically destroy enemy fleets. Due to their low numbers, they could hardly afford to fight a war of numbers, instead opting to blitz enemies and catch them off guard, inflicting as much damage as possible before they have time to organize an effective defense.

On the ground,the military is rarely used for offensive operations. In fact, it is so rare that there's been no practical application to the tactics and strategies proposed by Combine military thinktanks. However, on the ground, Combine units are mechanized and exceptionally maneuverable, They have few armoured units, and those that they do have are specialized in destroying other armoured targets, as infantry units rarely have the firepower for that. The infantry themselves are primarily armed with what they refer to affectionately as "The Needle Gun". The idea is that there is a process known as plasma nitriding where ionized gas particles of a certain nature, in this case, of pure nitrogen creates a hardened surface of "hot" plasmas (In RL, modern-day usage used for welding or cutting through hard or tough metals) around another substance, in the case of my rifles, most likely a sort of small, prime-action explosive cartridge capable of withstanding the heat of the hot plasma through some Handwavium. Since this hot plasma, when exposed to air or as vacuum, has a limited amount of stability when used in small doses, like the doses that would be in each cartridge fired, it would eventually decay. Here, the Plasma Nitrided Cartridge would be designed to be shot into an organic or metallic object, though much more effective upon the former, and once the ionized nitrogen decays (A process which takes about three seconds after the cartridge is fired) and disappears, the explosive cartridge contained within the extremely hot nitrogen would explode outwards. Needle Rifles are immensely devastating when used on organic targets, where they can inflict the most damage, however they are much less effective when used against vehicles or beings that don't require organic systems to function. In these regards, each Combine squad of ten men is equipped with a single Magnetic Accelerator Rifle, which is just like the spatial MAC but on a much smaller scale. Armoured vehicles also used MAR and MAC systems.

On the ground, the Combine Initiative emphasizes maneuverability and speed to gain an edge over opponents who most likely would be more numerous than they. They are also extensively trained in guerilla warfare and most police and military arms have contingency plans on each and every planet that they own for guerilla warfare should it come to that.

Military Strengths: Flexible doctrine, extreme organization and morale.
Military Weaknesses: Few in number, often units will refuse to retreat.
Major Industries:
  • Arms Manufacturing
  • Raw Industrial Materials
  • Commercial Stock
Foreign Policy: The foreign policy of the Combine Initiative is that of an Imperialist; the Combine Initiative is the superior Empire in the galactic sphere, and as such, should run it. That being said, they are far from being conquerors, and seek tok establish powerful diplomatic and economic allies as they need them - all to better the position of the Combine Initiative in the Galactic sphere.

Additional Information:
Technological Bases: Halo; Endless Space; to an extent, Galactic Civilizations.
NS Activity: Medium-to-high.
RP Experience: Yes.
Map Claim(s): - Leave this blank for now, until we have completed the map. -
Map Colour:

Species Name: Homo Sapien Arcadii.
Physical Description: Homo Sapien Arcadii are quite physically similar to other Humans, however, tens of thousands of years of physical isolation in a unique environment has led to certain aesthetic and minor biological changes. For the most part, males are rarely below six feet, though more often than not the men that come from the military-oriented cultures are taller and heavier. Women of both cultures tend to be shorter and slimmer in stock, as the evolutionary and cultural trends upon Arcadia limited women much more than they had been on Earth. Both genders, due to the original Human populace on the planet, have lost certain aesthetic appearances, including blonde and red hair, as well as blue and brown eyes, whereas violet (Or very dark blue) and grey eyes are more prevalent among the population. Their facial structures also tend to be much more similar between one another than other Human subtypes, with high, pronounced cheekbones, a larger upper lip, and a minor overbite. The upper merchant classes of society tend to have smaller, upturned noses.
Average Lifetime: The average lifespan of the Arcadii can naturally range between 70-80 years for males and 85-90 years in females, though most often live longer due to scientific and medical intervention.
Respiratory Gas: Oxygen.
Reproductive Cycle: Sexual; mammalian. The period for an Arcadian Pregnancy is around eight and a half months.
Natural Abilities:
Diet: Omnivorous.
Possible Genetic Defects: (Just like many humans are born with things such as Trisomy 21, what kind of genetic defects does your species have?)
Additional Information:

Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Nation Name: Florentine Republic (Florin)
Government Type: Unitary Parliamentary Republic
Government Description:The Chancellor of the Florentine Republic is the Florentine head of state and government. The Chancellor is elected by a majority vote of the Senate of the Florentine Republic, Florin’s unicameral parliament, and serves until a new Chancellor is elected. Legally the Chancellor holds a purely administrative role while the Senate makes law and sets policy, however since in practice the Chancellor is typically a political leader in the Senate the Chancellor frequently is the primary shaper of government policy.
National Leader(s):
  • Chancellor of the Florentine Republic: Nicholas Monroe
  • Vice-Chancellor of the Florentine Republic: Catherine Harper
Nation Capital: Florence, Planet Florin, Florin System, Florin Sector
Nation Age: ~250 Years
Nation History:
During the time of Forbears, Florin was colonized by a human corporation called the Florin Colonial Company with the goal of exploiting a mineral rich asteroid belt. Investing heavily in the colony, refineries and factories were constructed allowing Florin to produce numerous finished products that were sold in all corners of the Forebear Empire. The ever increasing industrial capacity and population of Florin soon necessitated expansions in agricultural capabilities of the colony. This led to colonization of other systems in the region. Guilder, Ducat, Lira and Dinar were the first secondary colonies. They were in turn followed by a second (Yuan, Won, Yen, Rupee), third (Sterling, Shilling, Rand) and fourth (Aurum, Argent, Cuprum) wave of colonization.

There are no reliable records of when the Forebears disappeared, but certain archaeological evidence indicates the emergence of warlordism and eventual tribalistic warfare across the various worlds once administered by the FCC. With the loss of spaceflight and many other technologies, a period of neobarbarism consumed the worlds. Eventually these dark ages began receding and the march of progress began a new. Florin was the first world to regain interstellar travel. Based on ancient legends of other worlds that ancient “gods” (Forebears) spread humans to, Florin reached began sending expeditions to the stars identified in the legends of their ancestors. Guilder had already reached the point of establishing orbital habitats and Lira was sending communication satellites into orbit around the planet. Under Florin’s leadership, the systems of the Core colonies bonded together to form the Union of Sovereign Systems, a confederation style government where the governmental systems of the various member states were still intact. Over the next few decades each of the old colonies was “rediscovered” and elevated to an interstellar society (Yen required the most advancement, having been in the midst of an early Enlightenment Age).

The rapid advancement eventually led to problems, however. While the core systems eventually found a happy homogeny of culture and republican (though somewhat oligarchic) politics, a number of the systems in other areas (particularly the North and West Quadrants) had differing systems. A number of these worlds had either no functioning democracy or at best a show-democracy. These differences created significant friction within the USS. Republican worlds attempted to create a system of more centralized rule and enforce democratic principles while those less inclined towards republican rule did their damndest to protect the privileges of their individual systems. On a purely faction line vote, the Union Senate enacted a law that mandated valid and monitored democratic elections for leaders and senators from all worlds in the Union. Over half of the systems of the Union rebelled and a civil war commenced. Although the rebels had some early successes initially, they suffered a horrible reversal during an attempted invasion of Guilder. Union forces capitalized on the sudden break in rebel momentum and struck quickly to regain control of occupied loyalist systems and take several rebel strongholds. The war would draw on for several more years and despite several rallies, ultimately the rebels were defeated. Fearful of another era of destabilization and disorder, the leaders in Florin determined to reorganize the USS into a unitary state. Though each of the worlds had taken on new names since the Dark Age, archaeological records indicated the ancient names of the various worlds used during the times of the FCC. The ancient names were reapplied to the numerous worlds and the USS was reborn as the Florentine Republic.

Population: ~30 Billion
Major Species: Homo Sapiens Florentia (Sub-species of Homo Sapiens developed due to period of Florin’s isolation)
Minor Species: TBD
Cultural Information: Honor is a major focal point for Florentine society. An oath given is an oath honored and verbal contracts can carry the same legal force as written ones, provided there are witnesses or other evidence to establish the validity of claimed agreement. Insults and breached oaths can legally be satisfied by duels, though by far the majority of slander or breach of contract cases are handled by the court system. Although there are definite established, dynastic patrician families, there are numerous opportunities for upward mobility. Florentines have a heavy focus on family dynamics, considering blood to be among the most important bonds. Marriages among the Great Families are as often about politics or commerce as they are about romance. Florin has a generally very open and liberal society, sometimes teetering on the point of being libertine in nature. A plurality of Florentines are atheist and the majority are irreligious. Despite this, there is a widespread practice of psuedo-ancestor worship.
Society Information: The Great Families occupy the highest points of power and influence in Florin. Though a handful of families raise themselves up to the status of a Great Family on their own, the majority these days rose with the aid of an already established Great Family’s patronage. The majority of original Great Families remain today, however the majority of Great Families that exist today are those who have been elevated since the formation of the Republic. Of all the different arenas in Florentine society, the military is the one where opportunity is most equalized. Although members of Great Families often find opportunities for advancement easier to obtain, they are also only opportunities and good breeding is no guarantee of rank.
Language(s): Florentine (Mixed Language, grammatically similar to English)
Notable Locations:
  • Florin Sector (Core)
    • Florin System
    • Guilder System
    • Lira System
    • Dinar System
    • Ducat System
  • Yuan Sector (North Quadrant)
    • Yuan System
    • Won System
    • Yen System
    • Rupee System
  • Austral Sector (West Quadrant)
    • Austral System
    • Colón System
    • Escudo System
    • Reyal System
  • Sterling Sector (East Quadrant)
    • Sterling System
    • Shilling System
    • Rand System
  • Aurum Sector (South Quadrant)
    • Aurum System
    • Argent System
    • Cuprum System

Military Information:

Military Doctrine:
  • Florentine Republican Navy
    • Offensive Systems
      • Missile Systems: Missiles are the primary weapon for capital range engagements by the Florentine warships. Missile launchers use magnetic rails to expel the missiles from the ship’s hull after which they are propelled by means of an impeller wedge. Until the engines burn out, the missiles can maneuver to increase the odds of penetration of enemy defenses. Once engine burnout has occurred, the missile will continue on a ballistic trajectory. If the missile was being tracked prior to burnout, its position can be extrapolated from its path immediately before burnout but is otherwise effectively invisible. Missiles with burnt out engines cannot attempt to evade counter-missile defenses.

There are several types of missile warheads in use by the Florentine Space Navy.
        • Laser-pumping Warheads: A small nuclear warhead which detonates to radiate dozens of lasers to attack an enemy warship. Laser-pumping warheads can be detonated some distance from an enemy warship and still cause harm.
        • Thermonuclear Warheads: A thermonuclear warhead intended to detonate on-contact or embedded in the hull of an enemy warship. Must have contact with or have breached the hull of the other ship to be effective.
        • Jamming Warheads: An emitter of intense electromagnetic radiation to overwhelm the sensor networks of enemy warships. These are primarily used as penetration aids to assist laser-pumping and thermonuclear warheads to reach their point of detonation.
        • Decoy Warheads: An emitter of electromagnetic radiation less intense than that output by jamming warheads which mimics signatures of other bodies. Frequently they are programed to mimic as many as eight separate missiles, intending to draw enemy anti-missile defenses away from the actual threats.
      • Laser and Graser Systems: High intensity photon rays, both as lower energy light based lasers and high energy gamma ray based grasers, are used for relatively short range ship combat. Beyond a certain range, laser and graser beams become too unfocused to continue to be reliable weapons.
    • Defensive Systems
      • Armor: The inner hull of Florentine warships is designed to attenuate the background cosmic radiation present throughout space with no other radiation shielding, while the outer hull is designed to attenuate beam weapon radiation or absorb the kinetic energy of solid or explosive weapons. Outer hull armor may be thinned on the top and bottom of the ship, which are protected by the impeller wedge, so as to reduce overall mass of the ship or increase armor in more vulnerable locations
      • Energy Shields: Shield generators project a light gravity distortion fields which assist in attenuating radiation from beam weapons or block solid and explosive weapons. Depending on the energy of the weapon, it may still penetrate the shields of a warship.
      • Point-defense Lasers: The primary defense against enemy missile and plasma burst weapons systems in use by Florentine warships are point-defense laser networks. Point-defense lasers are smaller and weaker than the lasers used as offensive weapons but are sufficient for destroying missiles or dissipating plasma bursts which lack the shielding and armor to prevent their destruction. Ships in formation can tie their point-defense networks together to coordinate the targeting of enemy missiles and increase the overall effectiveness of point-defenses.
      • Jammers: Emitters of intense electromagnetic radiation which overwhelm enemy ship and missile sensors to disrupt their ability to gain a solid lock on the warship.
      • Decoys: Large emitters of electromagnetic radiation which can be programed to mimic the signatures of other bodies. Though most frequently they are used to fool and draw off enemy missiles and weapons systems, they can also be used to spoof full sized warships. Such spoofs can continue to fool the relatively simplistic sensor sweets found on missiles but at shorter ranges the illusion can be easily seen through by the full sensor suite of a warship.
    • Propulsion Systems: Florentine ships are propelled by means of impeller drives which project powerful gravity bands above and below the ship. This impeller wedge angles away from the ship towards the forward end and towards the ship at the after end. These gravity bands on a warship are so powerful they are completely impenetrable, though the weaker bands of a civilian craft (such as a merchantman) can be penetrated by energy weapons. Warships, merchantmen and other large vessels mount hyperdrives capable of allowing them to translate into hyperspace. Florentine hyperdrives can be readied for use within seconds but are unusable when the effects of a gravity well are too significant. While a ship can theoretically translate into hyperspace while still within a gravity well’s hyper limit, the chances of making a safe translation are can be measured in pico-percent and is thus never attempted.
    • Small Craft: Vessels too small to mount their own hyperdrives utilized by the FRN are called small craft or small boats and are used for a variety of purposes. Drop ships are large marine transport craft which can carry a company of marines from a marine carrier to the surface of a planet and are designed to provide functionality as a command post or fortification after establishing a beachhead. Cutters are armed transport craft which can be used for a variety of purposes, including air support for planetary operation, marine boarding actions and safe transit of notables. Light Attack Crafts (LACs) are small-scale warships that typically mount a single large graser as its primary weapon, though they can have single-use missile launchers attached to the exterior of the hull to provide further offensive capabilities. Unlike other small craft, LACs cannot enter the atmosphere of a planet.
    • Hyper-capable Warships:
      • Dreadnought (DN): The largest of Florentine warships, the Minerva-class dreadnought is the current primary ship-of-the-wall for the FRN.
      • Battlecruiser (BC): Designed to straddle the line between heavy capital ships and medium combatants, providing a great flexibility in usage. They can be used as heavy screening units for dreadnought battle squadrons, commerce raiding or as the primary battle units of lighter taskforces. The current BC in usage is the Mjölnir-class
      • Heavy Cruiser (CA): The Song-class heavy cruiser is a medium combatant used by combat fleets and system pickets as screening and scouting units. They are also employed as protectors for military and merchant convoys.
      • Light Cruiser (CL): The Sicilia-class light cruiser is used primarily for reconnaissance, commerce protection and commerce raiding. It occupies a tipping point past which the ratio of gains in maximum acceleration from reductions in mass to losses in offensive capabilities drops below one.
      • Destroyer (DD): Destroyers are the lightest of Florentine warships and are able to achieve the highest acceleration. They are too light to mount grasers and must make due with lasers for its short range engagements. They are used for any number of light tasks, such as commerce protection and raiding and scouting. The current destroyer utilized by the FRN is the Dire Wolf-class.
      • LAC Carrier (CLAC): There is no other Florentine vessel that can travel in plain-space as fast as a LAC. The LAC carrier allows the FRN to transport these light, agile crafts to battles that would require hyperspace to reach. The Aquila-class is the current CLAC in use.
      • Q-Ship (Q): The Barbossa-class Q-ship is a purpose built modular warship designed to resemble a merchantman. The Barbossa-class is capable of having portions of the ship changed out to support an increased marine compliment, additional weapons stations, larger missile magazines or extra cargo holds.
    • Tactics
      • Wall-of-Battle: Similar to the old wet-navy concept of a “line-of-battle”, the wall-of-battle is the primary formation used by the FRN. The capital ships of the fleet (typically dreadnoughts or battlecruisers), form up into a wall of ships which proceed into action as a unit. The formation allows the warships to combine their offensive and defensive efforts. Additionally, if a Florentine fleet finds itself engaging an enemy with too great advantage, the members of the wall can turn to impose the roof or floor of their impeller wedges. Only the units at the edge of the wall face any danger of consideration from enemy fire while the wall has imposed their wedges.
      • Ghosting: When a Florentine ship shuts down the majority of their systems, particularly the impeller wedge and active sensor suites, its signature becomes so faint as to be almost entirely invisible. Most of these systems can be maintained “warm”, allowing for their restart in a matter of seconds. This has led to the development of the tactic known as “ghosting”. Essentially, a warship or formation will use their propulsion systems to reach a desired speed then shut down many of their systems while still out of detection range of an enemy. The warship or formation continue on a ballistic trajectory until it arrives at a predetermined point, typically in the midst of an unsuspecting enemy force. Upon arriving, the systems are lit off and an attack commences before the enemy is ready to respond.
      • Pincer: A simple and ancient tactical concept, the pincer involves using two or more warships or formations to attack an enemy from multiple directions. This tactic can be successfully combined with other tactics, such as having one portion of the pincer ghosting into position while the other herds the enemy in the desired direction. A variation on this tactic is the “Hammer and Anvil” where a Florentine warship or formation forces the enemy to interpose itself between the Florentine assets and an objective the enemy must defend, regardless of the losses they will suffer in the process.
  • Florentine Marine Corps and Florentine Republican Army
    • Equipment
      • Pulsers: Mass drivers that use gravity manipulation to propel metal shards or explosive tipped darts. Used in pistol, assault rifle, sniper rifle and mounted gun designs.
      • Plasma: Superheated ionic plasma that adheres to a surface. Used in grenade, pistol, assault rifle and mounted rifle design. Prefered for use in shipboard combat as it is less likely to penetrate the hull.
      • Explosives: Grenades and mines designed to kill or disable.
      • Scout Armor: Light-weight powered exosuit designed to increase mobility for the wearer while protecting them from serious harm.
      • Battle Armor: Medium-weight powered exosuit which provides increased protection and is capable of lifting great weights.
      • Heavy Armor: Heavy-weight armor which provides excellent protection but sacrifices a large amount of mobility and maneuverability.
    • Vehicles
      • Drop Ship
      • Marine Cutter
      • Tank (Air Cushioned)
Military Strengths:
  • Versatile Navy
  • Training and Tradition
Military Weaknesses:
  • Subpar Ground Forces
  • Over-extended Navy
Major Industries:
  • Manufacturing
    • Hyper-Capable Ships
    • Surface-to-Space Craft
    • Hyper Drives
    • Electronics
    • Reactor Plants
  • Alloy Production
  • Mineral Refinement
  • Mineral Extraction
  • Cereals Production
Foreign Policy:
  • Trade and Diplomacy: The preferred foreign policy of the Florentine Republic is trade and diplomacy. Since Florentine merchantmen are the biggest drivers of Florin’s economy, this is no surprise. Florin would rather make deals with others than resort to military options.
  • Piracy and Slavery Suppression: Florentines regard piracy and slavery to be barbaric and practices to be eradicated. Pirates captured by the FRN may be remanded to the justice systems of their nation’s government. If it is the second time the FRN has come across a particular offender, they may be summarily executed. Slavers can expect to be sent on a space walk without a pressure suit. Occasionally, the FRN is in space where slavery is legal. In such jurisdictions, the FRN will leave the slave ships unmolested but show no restraint outside those regions. Liberated slaves are either repatriated to their homeland or allowed to emigrate to Florin
  • Florentine Ship Registry: Florin maintains a semi-open ship registry which civilians and companies of most nationalities can use for their ships. Florentine laws still apply in these ships, however they gain all the benefits of being a Florentine ship, including the protection of the “Vengeance Protocol”.
  • Vengeance Protocol: Florin maintains a well known policy with regards to those who raid Florentine shipping. Informally called the “Vengeance Protocol”, it is the long standing policy that any act of piracy or predation against Florentine shipping is met with harsh retribution, even if it costs in excess of a hundred times the cost of the lost goods. Any government backing a pirate or privateer who raids Florentine shipping can expect the FRN to come calling to destroy that country’s military, industry and government centers. Civilians are given a chance to evacuate before strikes commence, but Florin ensures that it will be a long time before that nation ever threatens Florin’s trade empire ever again.

Additional Information:
Technological Bases: Honorverse, Slammerverse
NS Activity: Able to login most days.
RP Experience: http://korel.forummotion.com/
Map Colour:Gold

Last edited by Heraklea- on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Heraklea- wrote:I guess I'll start trying to adapt Florin to this. That said, I don't agree with how you're handling FTL. A handful of wormhole gates for instantaneous and hyperspace for slower FTL (and that limited by gravity wells) like we were going to use in SoS works well and creates necessary limitations on the FTL usage.

It's an interesting concept, but one that I find would limit FTL too much. People would fight over the control of the gates, and most of the RPing would revolve around them. That being said, if there's enough vocal support, I'd consider it. I just don't find the idea particularly feasible as of now.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Heraklea- wrote:I guess I'll start trying to adapt Florin to this. That said, I don't agree with how you're handling FTL. A handful of wormhole gates for instantaneous and hyperspace for slower FTL (and that limited by gravity wells) like we were going to use in SoS works well and creates necessary limitations on the FTL usage.

It's an interesting concept, but one that I find would limit FTL too much. People would fight over the control of the gates, and most of the RPing would revolve around them. That being said, if there's enough vocal support, I'd consider it. I just don't find the idea particularly feasible as of now.

Not necessarily. Besides, if you don't limit the main version of FTL at least (even if we don't use gates) someone will take instantaneous point-to-point FTL, which means that just to stay competitive everyone else would have to start using instantaneous point-to-point FTL. And then any sense of strategy is out the window since you can just setup almost your entire navy in one spot with a handful of scouts waiting to just jump out and let the entire fleet know that your navy is needed to defend that particular spot and there you are within minutes, ready for the fight.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Heraklea- wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:It's an interesting concept, but one that I find would limit FTL too much. People would fight over the control of the gates, and most of the RPing would revolve around them. That being said, if there's enough vocal support, I'd consider it. I just don't find the idea particularly feasible as of now.

Not necessarily. Besides, if you don't limit the main version of FTL at least (even if we don't use gates) someone will take instantaneous point-to-point FTL, which means that just to stay competitive everyone else would have to start using instantaneous point-to-point FTL. And then any sense of strategy is out the window since you can just setup almost your entire navy in one spot with a handful of scouts waiting to just jump out and let the entire fleet know that your navy is needed to defend that particular spot and there you are within minutes, ready for the fight.

Which is why FTL is assumed to take time in RPs. Nevertheless I'll edit the OP's FTL section tomorrow to ensure that everyone understands that instantaneous FTL is for all intents and purposes, impossible.

We're assuming that all methods would have similar travel times.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:54 pm

TUP 2?

TUP 2?!?!?!!?!?!?!
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:

The FT I had in the previous TUP, The Seran Federation, had that same concept due to EVE Online's influence. Warp gates between systems, FTL drives in-system.
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:56 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:TUP 2?

TUP 2?!?!?!!?!?!?!

... Yes? :P Welcome aboard, URA, long time no talk.

Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:TUP 2?

TUP 2?!?!?!!?!?!?!

... Yes? :P Welcome aboard, URA, long time no talk.

Hello, Soxxy! :hug:

Yes I'm back. I've been waiting for this, actually. For quite a while.

I refuse to apply on the ideology that I'm grandfathered in.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:00 am

Tagging because spess. App will be up shortly.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:30 am

Nation Name: The Federation of Radigast-Polyhymnia
Government Type: Federal Representative Social Democracy
Government Description: Similar to the democratic systems of Old Earth, Radigast-Polyhymnia's government and political structure is powered by both interest groups and the common citizen combined into political parties. These parties (given they win planetary elections) gain representatives in the Federal Senate according to how many votes they get. The Federal Senate controls both the making and the judging of laws, and also elects the First Speaker from their ranks. The First Speaker can be considered the head of state, though his only real power is the ability to speak first when the Senate convenes.
National Leader(s): First Speaker Dain Hueska, the Federal Senate
Nation Capital: Federal Senate Complex on Radigast-4 and the Legislative Committee Forum on Polyhymnia-5.
Nation Age: A hundred years.
Nation History: The Federation was born out of the merger of the two component systems of the Federation, Radigast and Polyhymnia shortly after both worlds contacted each other. The Original Contact was peaceful, and allowed for the two unified systems to begin to trade technology, people and ideas between them. Eventually an alliance was struck, and soon after the Federation formed. After the formation of the Federation, a large population boom occurred over several generations, leading to today's overpopulation in the home systems and the expansionist foreign policy pursued by the current government.

Population: 20 billion
Major Species: Homo sapiens sapiens
Minor Species: N/A
Cultural Information: The dual cultures of the Federation can be most simply explained as a class divide. Radigast is a system born by a Red-Dwarf, with a couple of planets suitable for human life only if labor is put in. As such, the stereotypical Radigastian is a hard-working mechanic or physical engineer who is employed either as physical labor or a position where physical outcomes can be directly seen. Polyhymnia, on the other hand, holds a mid-life main-line star. It's habitable planets were around the same habitability for humans as Earth, and much of the physical processes were automated, allowing for higher art and culture to flourish. The stereotypical Polyhymnian is an intellectual or bureaucrat, focused more on the non-applied portions of science and philosophy.
Society Information: Aside from the cultural divide, Radigast-Polyhymnians as a whole value education and equality of opportunity as the basis for their morals.
Language(s): Polyhymnian is the lingua franca. To imagine what it would sound like, take Arabic and combine it English, then mix in Greek. For simplicity's sake, I'll stick to English.
Notable Locations: The Radigast and Polyhymnia systems, and the "Frontier Zone," the area of Federal-sponsored expansion.

Military Information:

Military Doctrine: The Federal Defense Force uses a modification of traditional maneuver warfare that emphasizes the use of drones instead of boots on the ground. The FDF's drones are controlled via a Central Database which is either located on-world or on a nearby capital ship. It is from here that the human minds control their machines. Smaller unit-level tactics are usually abandoned in favor of division-level attack and counter attacks - drones individually do not matter but their effects do. Outside of the open battlefield, more specialized drones are deployed, drones that are managed by a "Caretaker" - a solider who is augmented to control singular drones from a Database. Caretakers are rarely deployed outside of occupations or urban battles, but the Caretakers have developed a reputation for coldness and lethal efficiency. They should be considered the elites of the FDF.

Soldiers themselves are best categorized by place in the Order of Battle - Light, Medium, Heavy.

Light Drones - They handle most of the basic jobs of a combat zone - suppressing fire, scouting, and taking and holding positions. They are also the most numerous and most lightly armed, usually wielding at most a particle beam. They also have a smaller amount of armor, mostly to deflect some small-arms fire. Variants exist that swap the Particle Cannon out for an anti-air homing missile, add a secondary particle cannon for specialized anti-heavy infantry, or swapping the Particle beam out for a high-powered anti-armor laser

Medium Drones - Fire Support and deployment of Light drones. Usually deployed in a limited number at the start of the campaign, with numbers increasing if the situation is stalemated or is beginning to turn sour.

Heavy Drones - Comparable to the tanks and other heavy war-machines. These are deployed sparingly, mostly to begin assaults on fortified positions or start an offensive.

Aside from Drone Ground forces, the FDF maintains a fleet of 100 hybrid craft, mostly hybrid drone-frigates, that allow for greater versatility in batttle, at the cost of specialization. the Majority of craft are host to large bays of autonomous strike craft that serve as the main anti-spacecraft weapons. They also are equipped with short-ranged particle beams, plasma weapons, and missiles for use against other space craft.
Military Strengths: High-tech, Large industrial base.
Military Weaknesses: Poor small unit tactics, Drones are standardized for maximum production - meaning that they can be specifically countered for a while until the new models can arrive.
Major Industries: In order of importance:
  • Computing Hardware & Software
  • Consumer Goods not including computers
  • Heavy Industrial Goods
Foreign Policy: Right now the core systems of Radigast and Polyhymnia are over-populated, so the current policy is expand until either the core is in equilibrium or another nation lodges a complaint/shoots at scout drones.

Additional Information:
Technological Bases: My own blend of Sci-fi, large influences from the Foundation and Grey Goo.
NS Activity: Average, I guess.
RP Experience: U kn0 me m8y
Map Colour: Pink pls

Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:33 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:... Yes? :P Welcome aboard, URA, long time no talk.

Hello, Soxxy! :hug:

Yes I'm back. I've been waiting for this, actually. For quite a while.

I refuse to apply on the ideology that I'm grandfathered in.

Don't worry, the concept's inconceivable to me.

Terminus Alpha wrote:Tagging because spess. App will be up shortly.

Welcome aboard!

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Nation Name: The Federation of Radigast-Polyhymnia
Government Type: Federal Representative Social Democracy
Government Description: Similar to the democratic systems of Old Earth, Radigast-Polyhymnia's government and political structure is powered by both interest groups and the common citizen combined into political parties. These parties (given they win planetary elections) gain representatives in the Federal Senate according to how many votes they get. The Federal Senate controls both the making and the judging of laws, and also elects the First Speaker from their ranks. The First Speaker can be considered the head of state, though his only real power is the ability to speak first when the Senate convenes.
National Leader(s): First Speaker Dain Hueska, the Federal Senate
Nation Capital: Federal Senate Complex on Radigast-4 and the Legislative Committee Forum on Polyhymnia-5.
Nation Age: A hundred years.
Nation History: The Federation was born out of the merger of the two component systems of the Federation, Radigast and Polyhymnia shortly after both worlds contacted each other. The Original Contact was peaceful, and allowed for the two unified systems to begin to trade technology, people and ideas between them. Eventually an alliance was struck, and soon after the Federation formed. After the formation of the Federation, a large population boom occurred over several generations, leading to today's overpopulation in the home systems and the expansionist foreign policy pursued by the current government.

Population: 20 billion
Major Species: Homo sapiens sapiens
Cultural Information: The dual cultures of the Federation can be most simply explained as a class divide. Radigast is a system born by a Red-Dwarf, with a couple of planets suitable for human life only if labor is put in. As such, the stereotypical Radigastian is a hard-working mechanic or physical engineer who is employed either as physical labor or a position where physical outcomes can be directly seen. Polyhymnia, on the other hand, holds a mid-life main-line star. It's habitable planets were around the same habitability for humans as Earth, and much of the physical processes were automated, allowing for higher art and culture to flourish. The stereotypical Polyhymnian is an intellectual or bureaucrat, focused more on the non-applied portions of science and philosophy.
Society Information: Aside from the cultural divide, Radigast-Polyhymnians as a whole value education and equality of opportunity as the basis for their morals.
Language(s): Polyhymnian is the lingua franca. To imagine what it would sound like, take Arabic and combine it English, then mix in Greek. For simplicity's sake, I'll stick to English.
Notable Locations: The Radigast and Polyhymnia systems, and the "Frontier Zone," the area of Federal-sponsored expansion.

Military Information:

Military Doctrine: The Federal Defense Force uses a modification of traditional maneuver warfare that emphasizes the use of drones instead of boots on the ground. The FDF's drones are controlled via a Central Database which is either located on-world or on a nearby capital ship. It is from here that the human minds control their machines. Smaller unit-level tactics are usually abandoned in favor of division-level attack and counter attacks - drones individually do not matter but their effects do. Outside of the open battlefield, more specialized drones are deployed, drones that are managed by a "Caretaker" - a solider who is augmented to control singular drones from a Database. Caretakers are rarely deployed outside of occupations or urban battles, but the Caretakers have developed a reputation for coldness and lethal efficiency. They should be considered the elites of the FDF.

Soldiers themselves are best categorized by place in the Order of Battle - Light, Medium, Heavy.

Light Drones - They handle most of the basic jobs of a combat zone - suppressing fire, scouting, and taking and holding positions. They are also the most numerous and most lightly armed, usually wielding at most a particle beam. They also have a smaller amount of armor, mostly to deflect some small-arms fire. Variants exist that swap the Particle Cannon out for an anti-air homing missile, add a secondary particle cannon for specialized anti-heavy infantry, or swapping the Particle beam out for a high-powered anti-armor laser

Medium Drones - Fire Support and deployment of Light drones. Usually deployed in a limited number at the start of the campaign, with numbers increasing if the situation is stalemated or is beginning to turn sour.

Heavy Drones - Comparable to the tanks and other heavy war-machines. These are deployed sparingly, mostly to begin assaults on fortified positions or start an offensive.
Military Strengths: High-tech, Large industrial base.
Military Weaknesses: Poor small unit tactics, Drones are standardized for maximum production - meaning that they can be specifically countered for a while until the new models can arrive.
Major Industries: In order of importance:
  • Computing Hardware & Software
  • Consumer Goods not including computers
  • Heavy Industrial Goods
Foreign Policy: Right now the core systems of Radigast and Polyhymnia are over-populated, so the current policy is expand until either the core is in equilibrium or another nation lodges a complaint/shoots at scout drones.

Additional Information:
Technological Bases: The Foundation, with some Halo and generic Sci-Fi mixed in.
NS Activity: Average, I guess.
RP Experience: U kn0 me m8y
Map Colour: Pink pls

Done.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:49 pm

No longer relevant.

Nation Name: Sanyassan Star Republic
Government Type: Authoritarian Republic, Presidential Dictatorship
Government Description:
National Leader(s): Jarik Stazi
Nation Capital: Serndoaan, Dayoraan System
Nation Age: Sanyassa was founded 467 years ago.
Nation History:

Population:
Major Species: Rahi
Minor Species: Humans
Cultural Information:
  • Rahi culture, while perfectly natural for them, could be considered contradictory by some humans unfamiliar with their cultural practices and traditions. Centered around the idea of "Sushaiu" (soo-sheye-ooo), which roughly translates as "violent pacifist", Rahi culture prizes two "laiapka", or aspects: aksaeu and lakhiea. The first aspect, known as "aksaeu", is centered on the idea that all Rahi, regardless of their income, job, or social position, are to be accorded a certain level of respect in public. Even if one Rahi hates another with the passion of a thousand suns they are still expected to show at least a shallow level of respect to each other. Anything less than what is expected is universally looked down upon and, depending on the person, could be grounds for some kind of sanction similar to a civil lawsuit. The second aspect, known as "lakheia", is centered on the idea that the personal honor of an individual Rahi is more important than anything else he or she involves himself with. It tells us that family, friends, personal ideology, personal values, and spirituality are all less important than one's own personal honor. To the Rahi, one's honor is a measure of one's self-worth and ambition. If a Rahi doesn't put much stock in their personal honor then they are considered to have little in the way of work ethic or ambition.
Society Information:
Language(s):
Notable Locations:

Military Information:
Military Doctrine:
Military Strengths:
Military Weaknesses:
Major Industries:
Foreign Policy:

Additional Information: N/A
Technological Bases: Star Wars, Original
NS Activity?: I can easily type up two to three IC posts per week.
RP Experience: This will be my second RP on this site if my application is accepted. I have RP'd on other sites, though. Specifically Roleplayer Guild before the site crashed and Iwaku.
Map Colour: Salmon (RGB --- 250, 128, 114)

Last edited by Eol Sha on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:28 pm

A mostly finished App, but I still plan on expanding it some. I plan to add a third system to my Empire's control and thus expand the population. What's the limit for pop again?

[box]Nation Name: The Galactic Empire of Salus Maior
Government Type: Electoral Imperial Monarchy with Representative elements.
Government Description: The Emperor is the Head of State, and is elected and can be impeached by the Imperial Senate which is the representative body of the Empire. However, de-facto, the position of Emperor has been ruled almost hereditary by the Nicator family since the fall of the old Salusi Democratic Government.
National Leader(s): Emperor Gustavus Nicator I
Nation Capital: The City of Salus.
Nation Age: 1,000 years
Nation History:Nation Name: The Galactic Empire of Salus Maior.
Government Type: Imperial Monarchy.
Government Description: While the Emperor is the Head of State and Government, an Imperial Council comprised of elected planetary representatives exists to ensure that the Empire's reach is maintained.
National Leader(s): Emperor Gustavus Nicator.
Nation Capital: The City of Salus, on the homeworld of Salus Maior.
Nation Age: 1,000 years old.

Nation History: Originally founded as a sanctuary for humans fleeing a massive catastrophe in Sol System in the Milky Way (the details of which have long been forgotten), the Colonial City-State of Salus quickly grew to dominate the planet and became one of the most technologically advanced and industrious human-dominated territories in the galaxy, as well as one of the few places that old Sol cultures thrived in Beta Valibi.

After the disappearance of the Forebears, Salus struggled to establish itself as the dominate power in the Ares System against its rival, Artemis.A jungle world also in the Ares System, Artemis is home to an aggressive, rugged, warlike culture of humans, that had a long lasting rivalry with the people of Salus, even before the disappearance of the Forebears.
Despite initial Salusi confidence, they found the Artemians a far more dangerous and competent enemy then they initially thought, and the Artemians quickly defeated much of the Salusi Navy, as well as wresting control of the planet of Alpin from Salusi control.

It was clear to many in Salus that a military and cultural reform was required, however, such demands at the time fell on deaf ears, as the Salusi Democratic Republic, filled with corruption and incompetent politicians playing at prestige and intrigue, often awarded higher commanding positions to members of their own family, or to bribe their peers.
One of the most talented and accomplished admirals in the Salusi Navy, Valens Nicator, was one of the few who publicly spoke out against the government's lax policies, garnering the favor of many Salusi citizens concerned with the recent defeats.
Threatened by Nicator's sudden popularity, the Salusi government issued an immediate revocation of his Admiral rank, and seizure of his fleet, however, Valens refused the order, and instead called out to the other officers in the military, requesting their support against the government.

The result was a massive mutiny, with nearly 3/5ths of the Salusi military defecting to Valens' cause. With this new renegade military under his command he set out to save Salus from inevitable death by corruption by overthrowing the government. He led his fleet against the remaining loyalist naval commanders and swiftly defeated them, and then Valens landed his troops on the surface and sought to rally support among the citizenry in the rural regions and outskirts of the city of Salus, facing loyalist troops in skirmishes all the while. And it was not long before Valens laid siege to the city itself.

With the city securely under siege, and loyalist forces all but spent, Valens demanded the immediate surrender of the Salusi government, and they did. However, as officers and soldiers surrendered themselves to Valens' army, the highest members of the old government were conspicuously missing. It turned out that the highest members of the old government had fled the city, and were residing in hidden bunkers in the red mountains north of the city, along with their governmental guards. Valens, seeing this as the perfect opportunity to test his Special Forces, deployed them to the bunkers and publically issued them orders to take the government executives alive. However, when the Spec Ops returned, they reported that they were not able to retrieve the executives, and had decided to kill them instead.
Many Officers and Higher-ups in Salus Maior have come to think that this result was the true intent behind the mission, to permanently eliminate the last remaining threat to his rule in Salus Maior, particularly because the squad responsible was punished fairly lightly.

It was at this point that Valens, and all his officers, proclaimed him as the new Captain-General of Salus and all of its territories, granting him sole executive power over the entire nation. However, it did not remain that way for long, for as his first action as political leader of Salus Maior he established the Salusi Council, a governmental body of elected territorial representatives to ensure proper representation of the needs of the citizenry.
It was also in this time that Valens began instituting many cultural reforms, enforcing a standardized language (originally, Salus was more linguistically diverse, and was host to many old Sol languages), instituting compulsory military service, and even instituting and enforcing a State Religion: the Imperial Creed. Although there was initially resistance to these reforms, the large military presence on Salus Maior quickly crushed the dissidents.

Offworld, the conflict with the Artemians continued in an on-and-off war for the next 2 decades, even extending beyond the Ares system as the Salusi and Artemians competed for colonies in the neighboring systems. The war ended with the disastrous Artemian defeat at Skye, in which a Salusi fleet commanded by Admiral Rufus Nicator defeated a massive Artemian fleet while defending the Salusi colony there, killing several of the highest ranking Admirals of the Artemian navy in the process.
The Treaty of the Dawnbringer was signed soon after, ceding all of Artemis' colonies to Salus.

The next few decades were marked with the death of Valens, and his succession by his son, Rufus, who led Salus into an age of peaceful expansion and growth in the colonies, and even managed to annex Artemis in the diplomatic Treaty of Skye, which united the governments of the former rivals under one banner, but guaranteed the Artemians the right to live under their own laws. It was also in this time that Rufus declared the union between the Salusi and the Artemians a new Galactic Empire, and himself as the Emperor.

Since that time, there have been many Emperors, and the Nicator bloodline still runs strongly. The current Emperor, Gustavus Nicator, now seeks to test the might of the Empire against alien foes, and perhaps even unite Humanity under one banner.

Population: 26,007,190,000
Major Species: Human.
Minor Species: Various Alien minorities kept in reservations on certain planets.

Cultural Information: There are two distinct cultures in the Empire: The Salusi and the Artemians.

Salusi: The Salusi originate from the Capital of the Empire, Salus Maior, and they mainly reside in the more civilized and urban regions of Empire. The Salusi value law and order highly, and have a well-ordered and sophisticated culture revolving around the arts, engineering, academic prestige, and adherence to the Imperial Creed.

Artemian: The Artemians originate from the world of Artemis, a jungle world steeped in rugged, warlike traditions, and value individual strength and family above all else. The Artemians, in stark contrast to the Salusi, prefer to live in clan-based rural communities scattered throughout the jungles of their homeland and in the frontiers of the Empire, where they can continue to sharpen their skills and avoid becoming "soft". Despite this, Artemian cities do still exist (if few in number), and are mainly spaceports home to magnificent arenas where gladiatorial contests are held. Although the Salusi often see the Artemians as orderless barbarians with no morals, the Artemians do, in fact, have a strict code of honor they keep to, holding the Artemians to oaths of loyalty and courageousness to their family, their brothers in arms, and to their commanders in battle.

The Imperial Creed: The Imperial Creed (formerly known as the "Church of the One") is the ruling State Religion of the Empire. It is a monotheistic faith centered around a single Creator deity and the divine destiny of mankind to spread throughout the Universe (and not necessarily through conquest, mind you). It is heavily influenced by old Sol Judeo-Christian sects, and many of their doctrines are derived from them. It is a highly organized religion, and is governed by a council of Patriarchs residing in the city of Salus.

Society Information: Imperial society as a whole, is well-ordered and revolves around a Authoritarian human-centric ideology, believing that preferential treatment, active protection and expansion of humanity is essential to the survival of the species in Beta Valibi. Outside of its Alien policies, education is highly upheld, and all citizens are expected to complete a full education in a field of their choice, those who fail to do so usually get recruited into lower military positions.
Military service is compulsory in the Empire, and all citizens must serve a minimum of 2 years in the armed forces.

Language(s): Common Language, Salusi accent is a very proper English accent, while Artemian is more similar to a New Zealander accent (think Jango Fett).

Notable Locations:

Ares System:

1.Salus Maior, home to the capital of the Empire, the city of Salus. Population: 9,000,000,000

2. Artemis, the rugged jungle homeworld of the Artemians. Population: 5,000,000,000

3. Arverni, a temperate world home to the Imperial Military Academy. Population: 7,000,000,000

4. Alpin, a cold, mountainous world rich with metals, and is home to the Empire's Naval shipyards. 2,000,000,000

Caesarea System:

5.Skye, a lightly populated serene world of rolling grasslands and hills. 3,000,000,000

6.Tigris, a hostile jungle moon orbiting the gas giant Euphrates, in which a conflict brews between Imperial colonists and the alien natives. Population: 7,000,000

7.Euphrates, a gas giant where the Empire has begun gas-harvesting efforts. Population: 90,000

8. Haephaestus, a molten world where the Empire has begun extensive mining efforts. Population: 100,000

Military Information:

Military Size: 150,000,000

Military Doctrine: Imperial Military Doctrine revolves around Naval Dominance, and the use of the Navy to support ground operations in combined arms assaults. As such, the Navy is the most well funded of all the branches, although the Army remains formidable with its emphasis on elite infantry and mechanized assault.

The Navy is mostly focused on large starships with heavy firepower and the extensive use of Starfighters for both defense and offense, with almost all warships carrying at least one starfighter wing. Starfighters in the Empire are designed to be durable, and capable of independent operations such as escorting or bombing enemy positions.

The Army, as stated before, has a focus on mechanized warfare supported by elite infantry and orbiting fleets. When assaulting an enemy-held world, the Imperial Military first seeks to destroy any enemy Naval presence in orbit, and then lands troops on the ground (or launches a heavy orbital bombardment, depending on the goal). After establishing a strong position on the planet, the Imperial Navy begins ground strikes against enemy positions followed by the advance of ground forces in a "Blitzkrieg" fashion.

Ground situations that cannot be solved by this method are handled by the Empire's Special Forces: The Imperial Commandos and the Imperial Rangers, who infiltrate enemy positions in covert missions.

Military Strengths: The strength of the Imperial Military lies in the Navy, and the cooperation of the Army with the Navy.

Military Weaknesses: When isolated from the Navy, or when it acts out of accordance with the Navy, the Army becomes quite vulnerable.

Major Industries: Shipbuilding, mining, various luxury products.

Foreign Policy: Foreign policy is directed to the bolstering of Human civilization in the Galaxy and gaining influence among them, while keeping alien civilizations in check and ensuring they don't become a threat to humans.

Additional Information:

Technological Bases: Star Wars, Warhammer 40k, Mass Effect.
NS Activity: Limited activity.
RP Experience: Have participated in a number of Space RPs in my time, mostly not on NS though.
Map Colour: .

Last edited by Salus Maior on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Varisea
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Varisea » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Finally! I will begin adapting my nation to this new format. Given the changes, I assume that the old population cap of < 100 million no longer applies? Now I can finally make my nation as it was meant to be made.
Higgins and Brown: "Time to Purge Var, time to purge."
Napkiraly wrote:Still too violent. Rocks and scissors can encourage violent competitive behaviour and reinforce toxic masculinity.

USS Monitor wrote:I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Luna Amore wrote:That title makes me want to vomit with rage.

The first Galactic Republic wrote: When you mentioned patriarchy out of nowhere, I realized that the human process had been lost.
Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67
Libertarian (Center) Leftist, Secular Humanist
More than you ever wanted to know about america's foreign policy

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Eol Sha wrote:I'd like to reserve this spot.

Nation Name:
Government Type:
Government Description:
National Leader(s):
Nation Capital:
Nation Age:
Nation History:

Population:
Major Species:
Minor Species:
Cultural Information:
Society Information:
Language(s):
Notable Locations:

Military Information:

Military Doctrine:
Military Strengths:
Military Weaknesses:
Major Industries:
Foreign Policy:

Technological Bases:
RP Experience: This will be my second RP on this site if my application is accepted. I have RP'd on other sites, though. Specifically Roleplayer Guild before the site crashed and Iwaku.
Map Colour:

Hey! Didn't know you were into FT RPs. Welcome aboard! Tell your friends!

Salus Maior wrote:TUP 2, you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJ-IJspbqY

TBH, I might not be too active on this cause work/school schedule, but I'd still like to sign up.

Can I just re-post my old app? Or should I start from scratch?

Nation Name:
Government Type:
Government Description:
National Leader(s):
Nation Capital:
Nation Age:
Nation History:

Population:
Major Species:
Minor Species:
Cultural Information:
Society Information:
Language(s):
Notable Locations:

Military Information:

Military Doctrine:
Military Strengths:
Military Weaknesses:
Major Industries:
Foreign Policy:

Additional Information:
Technological Bases:
NS Activity:
RP Experience:
Map Colour:

It's up to you! If you want to reuse your old Civ, go ahead.

Varisea wrote:Finally! I will begin adapting my nation to this new format. Given the changes, I assume that the old population cap of < 100 million no longer applies? Now I can finally make my nation as it was meant to be made.

Erm. Be reasonable, obviously. We don't want a Space China without any drawbacks, since we're trying to avoid number soam. Still, though.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Eol Sha wrote:I'd like to reserve this spot.

Nation Name:
Government Type:
Government Description:
National Leader(s):
Nation Capital:
Nation Age:
Nation History:

Population:
Major Species:
Minor Species:
Cultural Information:
Society Information:
Language(s):
Notable Locations:

Military Information:

Military Doctrine:
Military Strengths:
Military Weaknesses:
Major Industries:
Foreign Policy:

Technological Bases:
Map Colour:

Hey! Didn't know you were into FT RPs. Welcome aboard! Tell your friends!

Happy to be here.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:30 pm

Put the beginning of my app in my first post, including my interpretation of how hyper should be handled.

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:07 am

Nation Name: Tantalan Xahdom (Kingdom)
Government Type: Authoritarian Constitutional Monarchy (Think the Shah of Iran)
Government Description: Tantalus is divided into twelve longitudinal sectors further subdivided into latitude-bound districts; from each district comes a set number of representatives proportional to their district's population. Tantalus is, at least on paper, a unicameral parliamentary democracy headed by the Xah (Pronounced 'Shah'), and its constitution explicitly outlines the planet's various bureaucracies. In reality, there exists sufficient corruption among the legislative branch that the Xah enjoys more de facto powers than intended by the parliamentary experiment.
National Leader(s): Xah Nursultomali Nazarbahmon, King of Tantalan Humans and Regent of Ziux
Nation Capital: Tantalus
Nation Age: 150 years old
Nation History: Created by the Forebears as some sort of laboratory, Tantalus went silent following the Forebears' disappearance and subsequent population collapse. Fifty thousand years later, the surviving human population recovered and formed settlements along canyons which gradually spread into the Tantalan desert thanks to developments in solar metallurgy. Tantalan industrialization followed a very different path from that of other human populations due to the planet's total absence of coal, oil, and natural gas; instead of coal- and oil-fired combustion engines providing electricity and mechanical power, Tantalan technological progress harnessed the power of starlight- first in direct optical form, but later as photovoltaically-generated electricity- to support the world's expanding population.

The current Tantalan leadership formed 150 years before the galaxy's present with the Astanbe Second Republic's annexation of the Kabrani Kingdom, bringing about a war which lasted for the better part of 50-something years until the planet's eventual hegemony under Xah Isbanguly Khassain's reign. Three generations later, the Tantalan Kingdom continues to suffer from economic stagnation, youth unemployment, reduced life expectancy, and general instability from political terrorist groups. The Tantalan humans are a pre-contact civilization with no record of exo-planetary travel.

I had a long-ass history, but I'll save it for Le Encyklopoedia Galaktika when it returns.

Population: 3.29 billion
Major Species: Humans
Cultural Information: The Tantalan humans are an insular group more apt to obtain intel on their neighbors than they are to trade and exchange ideas. Public holidays include the current Xah's birthday, Uprising Day, Remembrance Week, and New Year's Eve/Day, though the planetary government does not reimburse companies for letting their employees enjoy said holidays.

Dress in Tantalan culture focuses on practicality and sturdiness, with composites and other metals ruggedizing underlying weaves to reduce wear-and-tear in a shortage-constricted desert environment. Males and females wear an underlying kurta-like garment which provides some insulation against the elements, though thermal underwear may be substituted in the colder Tantalan months as necessary. A shortage of luxurious gemstones means that jewelry is limited in the Tantalan sphere- their use outweighed by industrial demand for industrial gems and some crystalline components. Above all else, hooded robes as well as breastplates, shinguards and tungsten-clad boots provide the most protection against UV radiation.

While Tantalan humans are likely to accept other human groups, the lack of contact with other species means that Tantalan opinion of extraplanetary relations has yet to be determined.
Society Information: Tantalan society prioritizes education investment as per the Kel-Mythstros Model of Structural Employment, a document released one hundred years prior which emphasizes an entity’s need to publicly maintain a planet’s labor capital in pace with technological development to maximize production. However, due to mismanagement of resources, the quality of a Tantalan education varies between planetary region; in Astanbe and other larger cities, schools are generally considered acceptable if somewhat dated due to the Tantalans' isolation. Elsewhere, issues such as supplies, instructor salaries, and administrator integrity afflict wasteland-side Tantalan institutions to the point that they would require a complete overhaul to catch up with galactic minimums.

Healthcare fares sufficiently such that patients may expect a reasonable quality of publicly-funded care with considerably less waste than that found in other institutions. However, public healthcare remains a moderate concern with regards to occasional epidemics, childhood malnutrition, and psychiatric care. WIP

Public internetwork infrastructure consists of older optic relays buried underground in addition to newer fiber-optic lines between major cities. Internetwork surveillance is pervasive, with filters and packet sniffers established by ISPs in accordance to monarchy initiatives. In spite of such restrictions, several clandestine networks with their own network stacks are maintained by outlaws, and such networks usually offer uncensored news, black market access, and other contraband services. Censorship by Tantalan authorities is also inconsistent and confusingly chaotic, allowing some content to intermittently bypass censors during better days. Internetwork coverage in rural regions remains limited and inconvenient at best; at worst, next to nonexistent.

Tantalan speedways between cities are well-maintained, but, again, there are significant problems with suburban and especially rural roadways. Due to the lack of asphalt, roads away from major cities tend to be unimproved sandy-clay thoroughfares with expected variations in quality. Closer to the cities, clay bricks form sturdier grounds that enable greater traffic volume, but care must be taken to ensure that wheeled vehicles are equipped with appropriate tires that maintain traction with the road.
Language(s): Tantalan Standard and Script
Notable Locations:
Astanbe is the capitol of the Tantalan Kingdom. The Rotunda Hall occupies several lots near the city center and consists of a domed, steel-framed building covered with glass panes and surrounded by four curved annexes of identical architecture. Astanbe contains a diverse set of traditional and postmodern-esq houses, apartments, skyscrapers, and civic buildings complete with running water and, thanks to the recent development of synthetic plastics and insulated wiring, residential electricity. To attract residents, dozens of schools, museums, xeriscaped parks, and universities such as the Nazarbahmon Mechatronics Institute have been built over the past fifty years.

The Tantalan Royal Army's HQ sits behind the Rotunda Hall and is nothing more than a mid-sized office with several server rooms capable of communicating with military posts across the planet. A courtyard and guardhouse restricts access to all personnel except officers of at least a classified rank. Rumor holds that a subterranean network exists underneath the building which provides subway access to the Rotunda Hall, Xah Nazarbahmon's residence, and perhaps a closed city outside Astanbe.

Military Information:

Military Doctrine: Without any enemies to fight, the Tantalan Royal Army (TRA) relegates itself to gendarmerie duties with competent performance. Soldiers in the TRA are hand-chosen from a limited conscription pool and are chosen based on metrics and observations relevant to marksmanship, physical fitness, cognitive aptitude, professionalism, and leadership potential, making the TRA significantly less corrupt than most other Tantalan agencies out of necessity. The General of the TRA operates semi-independently from the Tantalan government, giving the Tantalan Royal Army greater initiative in case riots or other general disorder occurs. When appointing a new General of the Tantalan Royal Army, the only candidates permitted to become the GotTRA must be of ranks Senior Vice General and above.

Due to lack of experience fighting xenos, the TRA would most likely default to Strategic Guerrilla Warfare, a theory posited by several Tantalan military leaders emphasizing tactics, operations, and strategies comparable to maneuver warfare involving hit-and-run tactics preceding knockout blows intended to retake points of interest. The TRA command structure is reasonably structured around NCOs and smaller unit operations, giving Tantalan soldiers increased tactical and operational flexibility in exchange for elevated logistics demands.

Men and women are required to register under the Conscription Roster, but only a few will ever be chosen for service; 0.2% of the Tantalan population consists of active duty troops.

Military Strengths: From a geographic advantage, Tantalus is tough as fuck to occupy due to the harsh desert, steppe, and tundra environments. Tantalan military bases, airfields, and bunkers occupy historically-impassable positions and are well-fortified with artillery, surface-to-air weapons, and guardsmen.

Tantalan conscripts undergo field training for considerably longer than other conscript forces might take on. This, coupled with the fact that chosen conscripts are screened based on capability, aptitude, and desire, allows Tantalan military training to be more rigorous than in other conscription pools.

Military Weaknesses: The Tantalan humans may lack quantities of troops necessary to besiege fortified enemy planets, explaining the lack of any strategic offensive plans. Ignoring the fact that Tantalus lacks a space program, the threat of a Tantalan invasion is minimal.

The same geography that would hinder enemy advances may also hinder Tantalan and allied movements across the planet. Given an enemy that makes extensive use of air transports to cover hostile territory in short order, Tantalan geography may be irrelevant in such a situation. Furthermore, the lack of paved roads in rural settings may slow supply lines to unacceptable timescales.

Finally, because of the absence of enemies and lack of contact with any alien races, the Tantalan military is of reduced combat readiness than otherwise expected in off-planet human forces. Innovation in military technology stopped over a century ago due to the lack of nation-states to fight; consequently, most weapons are older models retrofitted with modern computers and marginal improvements rather than up-to-date units with acceptable weaponry. Fuel cell turboprop cargo planes, ballistic arms, and old sunbeam mirrors, while charming, are unacceptable for galactic warfare.
Major Industries: Resource recycling, software engineering, hardware engineering, agriculture
Foreign Policy: Hypothesized to be between Isolationist and non-Interventionist. Tantalan spies may or may not be present on rival human worlds for the purpose of obtaining research data, industrial secrets, and otherwise sensitive information pertinent to Tantalo-xeno relations. Otherwise, the Tantalans would most likely be silent on galactic issues and keep to exploration of archaeological ruins in hopes of finding salvageable technology, accessible uranium deposits, and petroleum.

Additional Information:
Technological Bases: Original
NS Activity: Frequent
RP Experience: I have plenty of roleplay experience
Map Colour:

I'm glad to be back! My application is complete at this point.
Last edited by Nationalist Tantalus on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Euralatia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Euralatia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:10 am

i wonder if i can join?

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:42 am

Nationalist Tantalus wrote:
Nation Name: Tantalan Xahdom of Districts
Government Type: Authoritarian Constitutional Monarchy (Think the Shah of Iran)
Government Description: Tantalus is divided into twelve longitudinal sectors further subdivided into latitude-bound districts; from each district comes a set number of representatives proportional to their district's population. Tantalus is a unicameral parliamentary democracy headed by the Xah (Pronounced 'Shah'), and its constitution explicitly outlines the planet's various bureaucracies.
National Leader(s): Xah Nursultomali Nazarbahmon, King of Tantalan Humans and Regent of Ziux
Nation Capital: Tantalus
Nation Age: 3,000 years old
Nation History: WIP Among the humans brought to the galaxy by the Forebears were a subset of groups the Forebears settled as part of an unknown operation. Whether it was an experiment to determine human resiliency in arid environments, a brutish training camp devoted to churning out badasses by the class, or a mere POW/ torture camp destined to house human revolters, the Forebears terraformed what had once been a barren rock into a survivable but harsh set of desert, steppe, and tundra biomes with just enough vegetation and water to support the carbon cycle. At any rate, the planet once settled by a reasonable population of Forebears and humans underwent part of what brought the Forebear civilization to extinction, leaving behind a confusing legacy of ruins in addition to the few human survivors that returned to subsistence living.

Tens of thousands of years passed, and slowly but surely the human population recovered and continued to adapt to the cruel present the Forebears left behind. Among the earliest civilizations were the K'huzim and Tyr'mil, two ironworking groups that rediscovered metallurgy first through carefully burning what scarce biomass they had to smelt ores... WIP

Population: 3.29 billion
Major Species: Humans
Cultural Information: The Tantalan humans are an insular group more apt to obtain intel on their neighbors than they are to trade and exchange ideas. Public holidays include the current Xah's birthday, Uprising Day, Remembrance Week, and New Year's Eve/Day, though the planetary government does not reimburse companies for letting their employees enjoy said holidays.

Dress in Tantalan culture focuses on practicality and sturdiness, with composites and other metals ruggedizing underlying weaves to reduce wear-and-tear in a shortage-constricted urban environment. Males and females wear an underlying kurta-like garment which provides some insulation against the elements, though thermal underwear may be substituted in the colder Tantalan months as necessary. Lack of luxurious gemstones and precious metals means that jewelry is limited in the Tantalan sphere- their use outweighed by industrial demand for industrial diamonds and gold circuitry. Above all else, hooded robes as well as breastplates, shinguards and tungsten-clad boots provide the most protection against UV radiation.

While Tantalan humans are accepting of other human groups, alien species are unwelcome on their home world due to differences in biochemistries as well as language barriers and general paranoia. Each attempt by marauding alien pirates to besiege Tantalus has been met with an equal growth in mistrust and overall hatred towards nonhumans, an aspect unlikely to win the Tantalans many friends. Of all the major challenges facing Tantalus, this xenophobia is necessary to overcome if the Tantalans are to engage in trade with other species.
Society Information: Tantalan society prioritizes education investment as per the Kel-Mythstros Model of Structural Employment, a document released one hundred years prior which emphasizes an entity’s need to publicly maintain a planet’s labor capital in pace with technological development to maximize production. As such, numerous trade schools, junior colleges, libraries, archive servers, and universities are clustered in residential zones for the population to use for free. In exchange, a flat 15% VAT is applied to every transaction between producer and end-consumer, whereafter the VAT does not apply to resale goods (Incidentally, this encourages the population to recycle used goods to circumvent the VAT whenever possible, although foodstuffs and medical supplies are obvious exceptions to this possibility).

Efforts to keep costs low include extensive automation of the Tantalan bureaucracy, military, and maintenance crews by dedicated servers capable of handling citizen requests, security notices and environmental violations, saving the Tantalans resources at an increased risk of cyberattacks from both internal and extra planetary actors within hailing range.
Language(s): Tantalan Standard and Script; Galactic Standard (Extraplanetary comms.)
Notable Locations:
Tantalus is the urbanized, quiet home world of the Tantalan humans. Home to three billion heads concentrated near city centers, much of Tantalus is occupied by automated elemental reprocessing stations, matter fabrication printer-and-shipping assemblies, and ubiquitous ‘pink houses’ renown for mediocre but nutritious foodstuffs.

Military Information:

Military Doctrine: The Tantalan Self-Defense Forces (TSDF) relies on a multi-layer planetary defense composed of SARGLaM (Surface-to-Air Rockets, Guns, Lasers, and Missiles) units spread across the planet. Guns are intended to take down low-altitude, heavy-armored materiel whereas unguided rockets provide cover for the second layer of defense against mid-altitude, medium-armored vehicles. Guided missiles equipped with infrared, motion, radio, and neutrino-emission (IMRNe) composite sensor arrays provide an unparalleled defense against high-altitude, light-armored materiel where enemy fighter-bombers are expected to pose the greatest threat. Surface-to-air lasers provide for the top layer of defense, being the weapon of choice for exo-atmospheric targets bearing light-to-medium armor; these are used in conjunction with guided missiles to intercept landing pods, fighters, and any potential mechs/tanks floating towards the surface. Defensive ground operations call for special forces units to isolate, arrest, and eliminate pockets of enemies that manage to breach SARGLaM cover.

Tantalan offensive doctrine calls for merchant raiders to strike at an enemy’s resource harvesters, potentially cutting off a marauding navy’s access to Tantalus should the said enemy run out of fuel to even fire their point-defense weaponry. Other than that, however, limited reserves of Tantalan personnel mean that besieging all but the lightest defended planets remains an obstacle best reserved for Tantalan allies with superior fire power. Sabotage operations by the Tantalan Institute of Public Security (TIPS) may be utilized to further stall an invading force until allied reinforcements arrive.
Military Strengths: Concentration on hardening atmospheric defenses over that of engaging in symmetrical warfare, plus the possible pressure for an enemy not to annihilate invaluable infrastructure via glassing that research lab complex, ensures that enemy landing forces receive a headache if at least forty to fifty percent of all invading forces suffer from interdiction in one way or another. Tantalan reliance on sabotage and other cloak-and-dagger operations ensures that a limited strike force can temporarily stall an enemy offensive against Tantalus until allied reinforcements arrive.
Military Weaknesses: The Tantalan humans may lack quantities of troops necessary to besiege fortified enemy planets, explaining the lack of a strategic offensive plan. Furthermore, the heavy reliance on allies to intervene raises the question of why an ally would direct numerically-superior defenders to protect an isolationist society more prone to spy on its neighbors than engage in conventional, 'fair' warfare. Also, the Tantalans currently lack N2BC (Nuclear, Nanotechnological, Biological, and Chemical) weapons.
Major Industries: Software development, resource recycling, experimental robotics, pharmaceuticals development
Foreign Policy: Between Isolationist and non-Interventionist. Tantalan spies may or may not be present on rival human worlds for the purpose of obtaining research data, industrial secrets, and otherwise sensitive information pertinent to Tantalo-xeno relations. Otherwise, the Tantalans are mostly silent on galactic issues and keep to exploration of archaeological ruins in hopes of finding salvageable technology, accessible uranium deposits, and petroleum.

Additional Information:
Technological Bases: Original
NS Activity: Frequent
RP Experience: I have plenty of roleplay experience
Map Colour:

I'm glad to be back! A word of caution, however: My application is still a modification-in-progress. (MIP?)

Hmm, perhaps we can pick up where we left off, eh Tantalus? :P
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:57 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Nationalist Tantalus wrote:-Snip!-

Ah, yes. :P Shall we resume with the Rolling Thunder-esq carpet bombing that decimates my poor precious towns, the Tet Offensive-like advance where your invaders slaughter my oncoming troops, or the Fall of Saigon where my troops successfully retake Astanbe?

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:20 am

Nationalist Tantalus wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Ah, yes. :P Shall we resume with the Rolling Thunder-esq carpet bombing that decimates my poor precious towns, the Tet Offensive-like advance where your invaders slaughter my oncoming troops, or the Fall of Saigon where my troops successfully retake Astanbe?

Hey, I WAS going to diplomacy first ;P

Anyway, after putting more thought into it, this incarnation of the Empire is going to be a lot less "shoot first"...Well, unless you're a filthy Xeno XP
Last edited by Salus Maior on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents