NATION

PASSWORD

The Second Epilian Confrence [Regional Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yoshi Islaund
Attaché

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yoshi Islaund » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 pm

The Chaos Republic wrote:"Hold up just a second, yes I agree the islands are beautiful, which is why I must also inject that oil drilling would be a huge biological hazard! Thousands of species would be seriously damaged if a spill were to occur, not to mention the fact that when I go on vacation to luxury islands, I don't want to have to look at rigs over the ocean all day. The act of rigging itself produces a hellacious amount of irreparable damage." The Emperor interjects with a brow furrow. He motions with his right hand in large sweeping gestures to signify the topics importance, and in his left is the daiquiri he ordered minutes before.

Oh, you have misunderstood, the rigging set-up is a good distance away from the islands, but still closer to The Egg Islands than to the Tougesta region. Us having both territories allow for us to access this oil, but if Lichi should gain the islands, he would gain proper right to the oil.

North Covenant
Envoy

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby North Covenant » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:31 pm

"I must say my nation is quite divided on the issue of this nature. We need plastics and to some extent fossil fuels however the environmental damage can be severe especially if war breaks out. An environmental crisis of such a nature would be tragic for the region. For our nation it is a balance between innovation and nature. Our history does lack sucess stories but if the green party stays in power this next election cycle we hope we will continue to move forward in such regards."

"As always trade is important to us all. Our new railine from Esten to the capital has allowed the province to become a viable Eastern trade hub. The calm seas of north west Epilo have fantastic climate to promote trade between our nations. In the case of the Emperor this city would most likely be our main trade connection with you although going north is equally profitable. A trade agreement in the near future should be considered by all interested parties."

"Lastly it is nice to meet you Madame Deputy Chancellor, and you as well Emperor." Johnathan Replied
Citizen of The Sovereign Charter
Glory to Fundamental Forces

Reich Kuste
Attaché

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Reich Kuste » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Having been an accomplished businessman for two decades, he was evaluating the context of the debate of his fellow dignitaries, and soon he realized that perhaps the two were looking at the issue in the wrong way, that the government of Lichi Bando had other more unclear intentions.

"Lydie Montillier, President Dibaro, Emperor, Prime Minister allow me to join this discussion you are having. From the perspective of CEO, it makes no sense for them to be this aggressive for an oil field, something else is going into their cost benefit analysis. Look at it, they are effectively an advanced high functioning economy with their own energy reserves, now if they were an energy export economy, your theory might be right, but they are not. Another theory is that they are using this as a way to close on regional energy markets in favor of their more advanced sources, but that still doesn't add up to the scope of the actions they are taking. I would chime in, that it likely has more to do with a way to effectively impose their will on the straight between them and Epilo. If they had more affirmed and legitimized control of the straight something that has irked the companies of Lichi Bando for many years, is a much more probable theory. Apologies for the long winded speech, before i became the CEO of Synthesis Laboratories, I was a regional manager for five years in Lichi Bando, and 5 years as a continental manager for locations in the North, before 10 years at Epilo then CEO."

He was parched beyond belief after his little speech, he took several sips of alcohol and water to reduce the dryness in his throat and turned his attention back to his fellow dignitaries.
Last edited by Reich Kuste on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lairendor
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lairendor » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:40 am

"President Dibaro, oil is not something we need much of. Our country is moving away from fossil fuels, with the goal of them being completely useless in the near future. We mostly use wind, solar, and hydro power now. As I've mentioned before, Lairendorians care greatly about the environment." Thomas replies to Dibar. He knew oil was something Lairendor did not need, and he hopes this doesn't hinder trade.

"Oh, and Johnathan, it is nice to see that the North Covenant is moving away from fossil fuels as well. I believe it is better for the continent, and the world, if we all stopped using them, but I honestly don't see such a thing happening anytime soon. Oil, natural gas, and the like are just too profitable, and some people are just too money-crazy to actually care about the environment." Thomas told Johnathan. The environment was a very important issue to Thomas. His goal is to see the total eradication of fossil fuel use in Lairendor during his tenure as prime minister.
Last edited by Lairendor on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Covenant
Envoy

Postby North Covenant » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:17 am

Reich Kuste wrote:Having been an accomplished businessman for two decades, he was evaluating the context of the debate of his fellow dignitaries, and soon he realized that perhaps the two were looking at the issue in the wrong way, that the government of Lichi Bando had other more unclear intentions.

"Lydie Montillier, President Dibaro, Emperor, Prime Minister allow me to join this discussion you are having. From the perspective of CEO, it makes no sense for them to be this aggressive for an oil field, something else is going into their cost benefit analysis. Look at it, they are effectively an advanced high functioning economy with their own energy reserves, now if they were an energy export economy, your theory might be right, but they are not. Another theory is that they are using this as a way to close on regional energy markets in favor of their more advanced sources, but that still doesn't add up to the scope of the actions they are taking. I would chime in, that it likely has more to do with a way to effectively impose their will on the straight between them and Epilo. If they had more affirmed and legitimized control of the straight something that has irked the companies of Lichi Bando for many years, is a much more probable theory. Apologies for the long winded speech, before i became the CEO of Synthesis Laboratories, I was a regional manager for five years in Lichi Bando, and 5 years as a continental manager for locations in the North, before 10 years at Epilo then CEO."

He was parched beyond belief after his little speech, he took several sips of alcohol and water to reduce the dryness in his throat and turned his attention back to his fellow dignitaries.

"It seems to me to be a simple case of power projection. Lichi Bando has a need to show the world it is a global power. I can't say my own nation hasn't been above such petty ideas. Our half assed attempts to join conflicts are a prime example that each nation has its flaws. I do not believe Lichi Bando's intentions are bad simply misguided. One of there greatest strengths is also one of their worst flaws. Lichi Bando has always been isolated from the charter even more so on there own continent. It is easier to treat Lichi Bando as an Epilian country then a Septen one at this point. This has pushed them into becoming a trade empire, which is to their advantage but it has left them with no neighbors to have good relations with it seems. The Prime Minister wouldn't agree with me on this matter however so I shouldn't press it to much.

Lairendor wrote:"President Dibaro, oil is not something we need much of. Our country is moving away from fossil fuels, with the goal of them being completely useless in the near future. We mostly use wind, solar, and hydro power now. As I've mentioned before, Lairendorians care greatly about the environment." Thomas replies to Dibar. He knew oil was something Lairendor did not need, and he hopes this doesn't hinder trade.

"Oh, and Johnathan, it is nice to see that the North Covenant is moving away from fossil fuels as well. I believe it is better for the continent, and the world, if we all stopped using them, but I honestly don't see such a thing happening anytime soon. Oil, natural gas, and the like are just too profitable, and some people are just too money-crazy to actually care about the environment." Thomas told Johnathan. The environment was a very important issue to Thomas. His goal is to see the total eradication of fossil fuel use in Lairendor during his tenure as prime minister.

All though it is true that we are moving away from fossil fuels Oil is still very much a necessity for us unfortunately. Petroleum products are still needed in large quantities. The Magnus Desert has large reserves that luckily don't upset major ecosystems with its extraction. Energy wise we are very much green. The same sites where we are drilling for oil are some of our major solar factories pulling massive amounts of solar energy. On the west coast the strong current and weather has allowed us to implement Tidal, Wave and Wind Technology, and Geothermal plant have been built in the south as well. I know many of our companies would be willing to share ideas on promoting safer cleaner and more powerful green energy.

North Covenant
Envoy

Postby North Covenant » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:12 pm

An aide came up to William Stewart in his discussion with President Flores, and whispered to him.

"Sir there has been an incident in Lichi Bando"

"Excuse me President this is urgent." He said as he turned and left. The aide saw his face turn bright red as he reproached the man "What is so urgent?"

"Well sir it seems the talks between Yoshi Islaund and Lichi Bando have broken down."

"In what way" William snapped at the aide

"It seems a Yoshian Delegate was shot while attempting to deliver a referendum to the Bandoans"

"My god.."

"Yes sir it is quite dangerous we do not yet no the culprit some are already pointing to Lichi..."

"No not that did you say a referendum? We are still trying to deal with the last of those. Call Rachel she can take over for me at this conference I will head with a party to Lichi Bando to help mitigate this crisis."

The Chaos Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Chaos Republic » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Oleron wrote:She shoots him back a few looks in kind, as if to say 'what are you looking at me for?' As the night goes on

"Lydie Montillier, the newly elected Deputy Chancellor of Oléron at your service. We haven't be very friendly neighbours and I wish to resolve that issue."

He reveals a tight smirk at her interjection, and continues with his occasional glances, always proceeding to look at the floor before returning his gaze to the conversation

Lairendor wrote:"Oh, and Johnathan, it is nice to see that the North Covenant is moving away from fossil fuels as well. I believe it is better for the continent, and the world, if we all stopped using them, but I honestly don't see such a thing happening anytime soon. Oil, natural gas, and the like are just too profitable, and some people are just too money-crazy to actually care about the environment." Thomas told Johnathan. The environment was a very important issue to Thomas. His goal is to see the total eradication of fossil fuel use in Lairendor during his tenure as prime minister.

"It is nice to know that other nations are trying, but you also raise an excellent point, it will be near impossible for more industrial nations to switch to greener energies. Automotives and the sort just rely too heavily on burnables, and greener transports just can't compete with the emission-types. I, personally, went ahead and banned cars entirely, and I do believe other means of energy should be obtained. My country and I may have found a solution to this... During the inception of our space program, all fuels that we used would devastate the surrounding area in every situation, but with my scientists hard at work at home in our research centers, we were able to have a flawless launch with minimal damage to the surrounding forest from which it was launched. Actually, that same project is how I arrived at this conference."

After a minute of conversation, he also glances to the red faced aide waving his arms about around his waist area, as to unsuccessfully not draw attention, and turned back with a quizzical look on his face. Watching a minute more as the President left, he says quietly to the others with a slight head nod towards the aide, looking rather confused at a table nearby, "What do you think that was about, friends? If it is acceptable to call you friends, that is, I don't get much people contact on a daily basis..."

Ok so if you all don't want future tech or fantasy in this, I have two-to-three possible fuel sources. The first being Algouron, an alloy vaguely detailed (because it's top secret!) in my factbooks, for a fantasy option, some kind of spacial power draw or other theorized energies for future tech, and if you want current technology, I know a bit about magnesium fuel cells and their promise to the energy world.
Lord Chaos, of Kronatia, at your service.

Oleron
Secretary

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Oleron » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:08 am

Reich Kuste wrote:If they had more affirmed and legitimized control of the straight something that has irked the companies of Lichi Bando for many years, is a much more probable theory

I suppose this is likely the case. The straight nor the claim bothers me unless it means the Bandoans gain some sort of leverage on the market. As of now, affording expensive resource is acceptable but if prices were to increase even linearly, I will have unrest.

North Covenant wrote:All though it is true that we are moving away from fossil fuels Oil is still very much a necessity for us unfortunately. Petroleum products are still needed in large quantities. The Magnus Desert has large reserves that luckily don't upset major ecosystems with its extraction. Energy wise we are very much green. The same sites where we are drilling for oil are some of our major solar factories pulling massive amounts of solar energy. On the west coast the strong current and weather has allowed us to implement Tidal, Wave and Wind Technology, and Geothermal plant have been built in the south as well. I know many of our companies would be willing to share ideas on promoting safer cleaner and more powerful green energy.

Lydie nods in agreement, considering all opinions on hand before speaking.
I to am also dependent on crude and natural gas. Though the nation has many nuclear facilities to cut carbon emissions and provide a stable baseload, there isn't sufficient interest in alternative renewable energy sources. As much as Id like to say 'our nations are all in the same boat'. it is simply not the case. Everything is inflated due to transport and tariff fees, living on an island has economic disadvantages. We have no oil or natural gas access, our reserves are more like tea spoons. Everything comes by ocean freighters. I know you will not like this Thomas, but... If President Dibaro were to claim the islands and have his crude on the market, I would dare propose a direct pipeline project to Oléron. No doubt the environmental disturbance and risk would be very high but it would also greatly benefit our nations, not to mention a large monetary settlement for you, Mt President Dibaro. This talk of those Lichi Bandoans seizing assests makes me aversive. Surely they would not be interested in cooperation, they would rob my country dry.

The Chaos Republic wrote:He reveals a tight smirk at her interjection, and continues with his occasional glances, always proceeding to look at the floor before returning his gaze to the conversation

Every glance, she stares at him emotionless... possibly annoyed, or simply judging his character. She even takes a sip of her wine glass, looking through the refracted bowl.

The Chaos Republic wrote: "What do you think that was about, friends? If it is acceptable to call you friends, that is, I don't get much people contact on a daily basis..."

Raising en eyebrow, "It is an interesting possession, however it cannot be utilized to provide a baseload to a power grid. I will inform the space agency. They mostly build modules and robotic limbs as opposed to rockets.... it is still good info to have in your back pocket.

The Chaos Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chaos Republic » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:47 am

Oleron wrote:Lydie nods in agreement, considering all opinions on hand before speaking.
I to am also dependent on crude and natural gas. Though the nation has many nuclear facilities to cut carbon emissions and provide a stable baseload, there isn't sufficient interest in alternative renewable energy sources. As much as Id like to say 'our nations are all in the same boat'. it is simply not the case. Everything is inflated due to transport and tariff fees, living on an island has economic disadvantages. We have no oil or natural gas access, our reserves are more like tea spoons. Everything comes by ocean freighters. I know you will not like this Thomas, but... If President Dibaro were to claim the islands and have his crude on the market, I would dare propose a direct pipeline project to Oléron. No doubt the environmental disturbance and risk would be very high but it would also greatly benefit our nations, not to mention a large monetary settlement for you, Mt President Dibaro. This talk of those Lichi Bandoans seizing assests makes me aversive. Surely they would not be interested in cooperation, they would rob my country dry.

I will only condone usage of such rigs as long all of the proper safety measures are taken. Until that time, I will rely on my own power production facilities. However, I will assign my science team to finding newer better ways of extracting energy from petrol products, to in the future reduce all emission rates and environmental risks.
Oleron wrote:
The Chaos Republic wrote:He reveals a tight smirk at her interjection, and continues with his occasional glances, always proceeding to look at the floor before returning his gaze to the conversation

Every glance, she stares at him emotionless... possibly annoyed, or simply judging his character. She even takes a sip of her wine glass, looking through the refracted bowl.

"Dearest, you seem disdained by my gaze. I assure you it has no malicious intent..." He states with a dashing smile.

Oleron wrote:
The Chaos Republic wrote: "What do you think that was about, friends? If it is acceptable to call you friends, that is, I don't get much people contact on a daily basis..."

Raising en eyebrow, "It is an interesting possession, however it cannot be utilized to provide a baseload to a power grid. I will inform the space agency. They mostly build modules and robotic limbs as opposed to rockets.... it is still good info to have in your back pocket.

"I am not sure what you mean, Lydie, to what do you refer too?"
Last edited by The Chaos Republic on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oleron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oleron » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:58 pm

The Chaos Republic wrote:"I am not sure what you mean, Lydie, to what do you refer too?"

That friendship is nice but not very useful for powering a country. In a crisis, friends are usually absent.
*gulps her wine glass empty*

The Chaos Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chaos Republic » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Oleron wrote:
The Chaos Republic wrote:"I am not sure what you mean, Lydie, to what do you refer too?"

That friendship is nice but not very useful for powering a country. In a crisis, friends are usually absent.
*gulps her wine glass empty*

The Emperor's eyes widen a bit at her flourishing finish, but he shakes his head and says "I would happily aid my friends in wartime, so long as they weren't fighting each other. Despite what my name may imply, Chaos is not what I aim to cause. The reason Chaos is included in our national happenings is in its taming and use against those who cause it. I support positive Chaos, but the sorts at which you seem to think I would defer to are not the same that I subscribe to. Tell me, Lydie, what does your nation need for defense? Missiles? You have it. An army? I have plenty of troops. The minute someone steps onto your doorstep with a firecracker, wire a note to me and my support is yours. Of course, I could never deny someone like you."

After this, he waves behind him towards a nearby guard, and whispers to him. After a moment he returns with a bottle of Coche-Dury Genevrieres, Meursault Premier Cru.

"I hope this will appease your taste?"

The aide follows Jonathan's gaze, and offers a now open bottleneck.

Oleron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oleron » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:23 pm

The Chaos Republic wrote:Tell me, Lydie, what does your nation need for defense? Missiles? You have it. An army? I have plenty of troops. The minute someone steps onto your doorstep with a firecracker, wire a note to me and my support is yours. Of course, I could never deny someone like you."

She smirks , "My dear Emperor. I appreciate the flattery, I do. Though this is our first meeting for international affairs, most Olérois would like nothing better than to have their governing bodies sit quietly on our peaceful little island paradise. I am attending this summit due to being on the brink of an economic recession. As for your offer for military aid, it is unfortunately out of my control. As I am sure you know, my country is a protectorate. We are a sovereign nation however we do not have our own standing armed forces. That responsibility lies with Nouvel Acadie, or her majesty Queen Marie-Collette de Gaspé. Our.... Queen, has appointed an Acadien General to oversee military affairs."
She pauses, "Though we don't have that large of an army, just few soldiers but highly trained. Only a few actually see combat."

The Chaos Republic wrote:After this, he waves behind him towards a nearby guard, and whispers to him. After a moment he returns with a bottle of Coche-Dury Genevrieres, Meursault Premier Cru.
"I hope this will appease your taste?"
The aide follows Jonathan's gaze, and offers a now open bottleneck.

She tries to not act impressed, but her eyes look at the bottle like a cat hunting a mouse... "Oh, very well. It would be a waste, would it not?" Extending her glass to aid, he pours and just as he stops, she lifts the end of the bottle to fill her glass to the rim. Raising it
"Thank you Lord Chaos, *Hic*... you know how to treat a woman! I hope im not being obnoxious," She snorts and touches his arm giggling like a school girl, as she is swiftly approaching the state of drunkenness.

A few other delegations take note of her; some laugh, others shake their head at her inappropriate behaviour.

North Covenant
Envoy

Postby North Covenant » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Johnathan simply rolls his eyes as he tries to talk with President Dibaro.

Lairendor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lairendor » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:17 am

Thomas had something on his mind that he wished to ask all of the members of the Conference about. He decides to go ahead and ask Johnathan to see his reaction. "So Johnathan, what do you think of an Epilo Union? Where all of the nations of Epilo get together, cooperate on important issues such as the environment, human rights, and trade, and discuss various Epilo affairs." Thomas is a fan of cooperation, and believes that if all of the nations of Epilo got together to decide on important issues, it would benefit the continent greatly.

The Chaos Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chaos Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:32 am

Oleron wrote:
She smirks , "My dear Emperor. I appreciate the flattery, I do. Though this is our first meeting for international affairs, most Olérois would like nothing better than to have their governing bodies sit quietly on our peaceful little island paradise. I am attending this summit due to being on the brink of an economic recession. As for your offer for military aid, it is unfortunately out of my control. As I am sure you know, my country is a protectorate. We are a sovereign nation however we do not have our own standing armed forces. That responsibility lies with Nouvel Acadie, or her majesty Queen Marie-Collette de Gaspé. Our.... Queen, has appointed an Acadien General to oversee military affairs."
She pauses, "Though we don't have that large of an army, just few soldiers but highly trained. Only a few actually see combat."

"Well, then in that case, if ever you need a military, wire me to them!"

Oleron wrote:She tries to not act impressed, but her eyes look at the bottle like a cat hunting a mouse... "Oh, very well. It would be a waste, would it not?" Extending her glass to aid, he pours and just as he stops, she lifts the end of the bottle to fill her glass to the rim. Raising it
"Thank you Lord Chaos, *Hic*... you know how to treat a woman! I hope im not being obnoxious," She snorts and touches his arm giggling like a school girl, as she is swiftly approaching the state of drunkenness.

"Calm, dearest, and please, call me Erick! Surely you need some food to go with that, wine alone will only make you drunk!" he laughs lightly as she stumbles, grinning widely, and acquires her cup from her so as to prevent too much alcohol in her system, setting it down on a nearby table with a few rolls and other eatery. He continues chatting flirtatiously
Why the name change, you ask? I didn't realize that North Covenant's name was Jonathan as well, so I am changing mine to Erick. I deem that this should be acceptable, for it is so early in his life and introduction... and plus, everyone calls me by my royalties anyway

Lairendor wrote:"So Johnathan, what do you think of an Epilo Union? Where all of the nations of Epilo get together, cooperate on important issues such as the environment, human rights, and trade, and discuss various Epilo affairs." Thomas is a fan of cooperation, and believes that if all of the nations of Epilo got together to decide on important issues, it would benefit the continent greatly.

However after a minute he hears this, and turns to look, saying quietly "Perhaps, Lydie, we should rejoin this conversation. This is a topic I must participate in..." His gaze intensifies as he turns to face Thomas.
Last edited by The Chaos Republic on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oleron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oleron » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:50 pm

The Chaos Republic wrote:However after a minute he hears this, and turns to look, saying quietly "Perhaps, Lydie, we should rejoin this conversation. This is a topic I must participate in..." His gaze intensifies as he turns to face Thomas.

For the first time since she arrived. Lydie sets down her glass and returns to the group with a serious quality.
"A continental union of sorts? Such a proposal would be something to consider. That is why we are here afterall, is it not?
Promoting international trade, human rights, and international aid is something I can stand behind, as is environmental regulation.. Before I get carried away, what topics would be recognized by the union?"

Lairendor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lairendor » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:47 am

Oleron wrote:
The Chaos Republic wrote:However after a minute he hears this, and turns to look, saying quietly "Perhaps, Lydie, we should rejoin this conversation. This is a topic I must participate in..." His gaze intensifies as he turns to face Thomas.

For the first time since she arrived. Lydie sets down her glass and returns to the group with a serious quality.
"A continental union of sorts? Such a proposal would be something to consider. That is why we are here afterall, is it not?
Promoting international trade, human rights, and international aid is something I can stand behind, as is environmental regulation.. Before I get carried away, what topics would be recognized by the union?"

"Well, it would be for issues that face all of our nations. Trade, economics, human rights, environmental protection, the promoting of peace and democracy, and other important topics. And, unlike this conference, the decisions made by an Epilo Union would be binding on all member states. Of course the details would have to be worked out in a treaty, but I think it is a good idea that will benefit us all." Thomas replies to Lydie, glad to see other people interested in his idea.
Last edited by Lairendor on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reich Kuste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Reich Kuste » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Karl had to take a moment to role his eyes at these worn and niave proposals. Not only was it economically unviable to pursue their ideas of grandeur, it was also dangerous for all the other nations to continue this path
"Pardon me, but have we learned nothing from Felerahs Union, Epilo is a great and vibrant continent, but also culturally and economically unique. We are not best suited for any form of super federalism and through we support any and all free trade agreements made, any proposals of super unions must be shot down immediately. In addition to breaking down cultural barriers, it poses the challenge of streamlining economically and monetarily diverse nations into a functioning Union, a ultimately impossible task. If you have a better solution I am open to hear it"

He grabbed a sip of Kaiser Brandy, a most delicious beverage

The Chaos Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chaos Republic » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:07 pm

Lairendor wrote:
Oleron wrote:For the first time since she arrived. Lydie sets down her glass and returns to the group with a serious quality.

"Well, it would be for issues that face all of our nations. Trade, economics, human rights, environmental protection, the promoting of peace and democracy, and other important topics. And, unlike this conference, the decisions made by an Epilo Union would be binding on all member states. Of course the details would have to be worked out in a treaty, but I think it is a good idea that will benefit us all." Thomas replies to Lydie, glad to see other people interested in his idea.

"Fascinating idea, however I will state that I would detest being held down in my endeavors by a group treaty. I reinforce that it has nothing to do with you all, but I enjoy my nation being free in it's doings. I don't attack anyone, or pillage cities, I keep to myself mostly. I would like to open trade regulations though, I think I have something of interest to everyone, and if you would like, my shuttle has a small supply aboard it, and it is not dangerous in an unrefined form."

Something catches everyone's eyes as the air around Erick shimmers red faintly for a split second again, only vanishing instantly afterward. After the flash, he is quick to position himself next to Lydie with a smile, acting as if no one noticed the shimmer. The thing no one noticed, however, is the hooded man standing behind Erick that seemed to appear several minutes before, and has been watching the Emperor intently ever since, only turning his head to view those who approach him.

The Chaos Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chaos Republic » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:19 am

Reich Kuste wrote:Karl had to take a moment to role his eyes at these worn and niave proposals. Not only was it economically unviable to pursue their ideas of grandeur, it was also dangerous for all the other nations to continue this path
"Pardon me, but have we learned nothing from Felerahs Union, Epilo is a great and vibrant continent, but also culturally and economically unique. We are not best suited for any form of super federalism and through we support any and all free trade agreements made, any proposals of super unions must be shot down immediately. In addition to breaking down cultural barriers, it poses the challenge of streamlining economically and monetarily diverse nations into a functioning Union, a ultimately impossible task. If you have a better solution I am open to hear it"

He grabbed a sip of Kaiser Brandy, a most delicious beverage

Why don't you propose an idea? I'm sure we would be willing to hear it, after all, you do seem to know a lot more than us simple delegates and Emperor.

Reich Kuste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Reich Kuste » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:19 pm

Karl could feel the sarcasm off the emperor from one hundred kilometers away, but alas he would brush it off, as he always did, when rulers got testy dealing with alternative opinions
"My apologies if you thought i was devaluing your intelligence emperor, but history has in fact shown us that Epilan super federalism is both ineffective and damaging to the more advanced and industrialized nations. If I were to propose anything, it would be further reductions to barriers in trade continental, but also globally. There are several economic superpowers that are thriving right now, and we could also benefit of their thriving and the reverse as well. We must also start being more aggressive in our approach to the future, which means exploring alternative and new markets to reflect the new industry. I hope you can all get behind these basic principles and together we can return Epilo to preeminence"

His throat was getting soar, he needed more Kaiser Brandy, the truly superior beverage.

North Covenant
Envoy

Postby North Covenant » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:37 pm

"North Covenant wouldn't be able to commit to such an alliance any way. Conflict between ODE nations and Epilian Alliance members would become quite tricky for us to deal with. As Mr. Muller has recounted the First Epilian Conference, as we call it now, was a total disaster, to all but Haja Mishu. The Ruon is the only hold over of it. Most the nations involved crumbled away. North Covenant, what was deemed unfortunate at the time, wasn't able to join the forming alliance, and has spared us much misery. International Organizations are a great thing but overlapping and conflicting unions, alliances, and allegiances can only cause chaos and war in our opinion."

"On Mr. Muller's point I would say the best way to support our Continent would be to promote friendship and free trade. Many countries believe tariffs help them succeed when the opposite is true. Mutually beneficial trade is the way to go."

Johnathan takes a sip of his Covenant Cola the truly superior beverage

The Chaos Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chaos Republic » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:19 pm

North Covenant wrote:"North Covenant wouldn't be able to commit to such an alliance any way. Conflict between ODE nations and Epilian Alliance members would become quite tricky for us to deal with. As Mr. Muller has recounted the First Epilian Conference, as we call it now, was a total disaster, to all but Haja Mishu. The Ruon is the only hold over of it. Most the nations involved crumbled away. North Covenant, what was deemed unfortunate at the time, wasn't able to join the forming alliance, and has spared us much misery. International Organizations are a great thing but overlapping and conflicting unions, alliances, and allegiances can only cause chaos and war in our opinion."

"On Mr. Muller's point I would say the best way to support our Continent would be to promote friendship and free trade. Many countries believe tariffs help them succeed when the opposite is true. Mutually beneficial trade is the way to go."

Johnathan takes a sip of his Covenant Cola the truly superior beverage

"I am unfamiliar with the previous conference, as we are a newer nation. However I will state that free and unrestricted trade throughout the region would be most beneficial. I do not condone restricting other nations, though, and would still wish to have my own national freedom up-kept. I might also- I... I might- Dear god, what ARE you drinking Karl?! Jonathan! You too?"

He scoffs unknowingly, and takes a large cup and fills it with his Diet Dictator, a truly elite and efficient drink.
Last edited by The Chaos Republic on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reich Kuste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Reich Kuste » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:26 pm

He stared down at his drink and took a moment to contemplate the insult towards the signature drink of Reich Kuste, the longest standing competitor to the worlds most popular drink... Murphys Champagne. The issues associated with the history of the troubled region had been long, and even Reich Kuste was just recovering from the devastating effects of the first conference.
"Unfortunately Reich Kuste was an original member of the first conference, a continental military alliance led by a dictator and several crony nations. It was however short lived as the dynamics were not clearly established and in turn left the alliance ineffective. Epilo was also at that moment hit with a severe recession and this Reich Kuste included collapsed several of the nations, and we are just beginning to recover. With recognition of failed super alliances, we must still cooperate as a region. The economic proposal i will make at the formal convening of the summit will begin a 10 year long plan to increase trade and revitalize the region. We must also look beyond Epilo, we are merely a small percentage of the Global GDP, and we are missing out on many opportunities, and we must take all steps to increase trade with the largest economies like Lichi Bando, Nouvel Acadie, Nocturnalis, and Tekeristan. If we can get our businesses and vice versa we can bring and integrate the global economy with Epilo, we will be much better positioned in the future."

He took a sip of his Kaiser Brandy
"Emperor, this is Kaiser Brandy, the highest quality brandy in the world"

Oleron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oleron » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Lydie stood quiet, listening to the other leaders speak their opinions on the union and choice of beverage. The union would enable her a bit of public support but ultimately leave her vulnerable in re-election should environmental regulations force Oleron to reorganize budget spending. Many care for the environment, as does she. As the leader of the socialist party, she understood that the economy would be her biggest criticism and it was indeed becoming neglected. If she is to secure her position next term, she must find an economic asset here and now.
"Then there will be no union. That does not mean it will not happen in the future, however. Also, I must say again; If If President Dibaro were to claim the islands, either buy force or not, and have his crude on the market, I propose a direct pipeline project to Oléron and other crude using nations. I need oil. It's shipped all the way from Nouvel Acadie for our usage and we need to find a new supplier that is more affordable. If Lichi Bando were to claim the islands, I would have no choice but to offer the same proposal. The environmental damage could be worse off with Lichi supplying crude. Either party willing to sell oil from the islands would have military backing, which also extension on behalf of Nouvel Acadie." She sways a bit from intoxication but is trying her best to be professional.
"This is all within Epilian nations, of course. If I am forced to find resource elsewhere, it must be shipped."
She frowns at the thought...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents