NATION

PASSWORD

Dark Space Rising: The Next Generation [FT/OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auricium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auricium » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 am

Message received. Covenant translators are inbound to Site Alpha directly now. The Covenant looks forward to such cooperation in the future. Unfortunately at this time I cannot provide a proper situation report, being deep in the tunnel network. Commander L1 will direct you to Mission Control upon arrival. I too, look forward to meeting you personally."
-Captain Newt.

With the tablet on its way, Admiral Haako had deemed it necessary to dispatch more ground forces and equipment at Site Alpha. They were to triple excavation efforts in the area, in hopes of further finds. He presumed the tablet would be similar to the original Tablet. The Covenant Trade fleet had recently made some startling finds, something the Admiral didn't know what to make of.

Deep in the tunnel networks was Captain Newt. Obviously, much more had survived then anyone had known. It was odd that the planet was only liquified to a certain point. It had appeared almost as if something, or someone, was mysteriously protecting the system. In any case, the Covenant Board was intrigued, and desired for the project to continue. They had hoped to find technologies that they could use.
Iɴᴛᴇʀɢᴀʟᴀᴄᴛɪᴄ Eᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴏғ Aᴜʀɪᴄɪᴜᴍ
Iᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴀʟ Nᴇᴡs Nᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ: It's Pronounced Aurikium!|I have School, so I really shouldn't be on right now.|Embassy Programme Underway|IBA Open|This is a class A nation: Tier 0, Type VII, Universal Power. Obviously, we don't use NS Stats.  Read my factbooks instead.|Intergalactic Banking Alliances announces new CEO|Founder of the Capitalist League|Observer of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!|Proud Member of The Coalition of Omniversal Dominance.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

The Strip Mining Of Eden Prime Begins

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 am

With all resistance in the north crushed, the First Battalion ordered the natives that had survived their wrath to begin digging up the Mazdanium, the rare and unique ore that had attracted the First Battalion and the Widgetalian Expedition, and killed anyone who refuse to obey the order. Once the work force had clear cut the jungle and hit the mother lode, a mineshaft was built and truckloads of the valuable ore began the long journey to Laissez Faire, the Widgetalian Expedition's main stronghold on Eden Prime. Once the "Voice of the Gods" was defeated and the southern half of Eden Prime had been subjugated, the influx of Mazdanium into the Galactic Empire of Flarbinia would free it from the ancient monopolistic choke hold placed on it by the noble houses of worlds that had supplied it with ore for thousands of years.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Message To Auricum And ITE

Postby Widgetalia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:25 am

Code: Select all
"What are you doing? The "Voice of the Gods" is vulnerable! We should be launching a counteroffensive, not waiting for him to regroup for another attack!" 5 Star Field Marshal Gregory Heisenberg, supreme commander of all Widgetalian Forces on Eden Prime
Last edited by Widgetalia on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Indomitable Terran Empire
Envoy

Founded: Apr 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Indomitable Terran Empire » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 am

Site Alpha

The transport gently settled down on the landing pad at Site Alpha and its ramp descend to allow its occupants to exit. First down was General Dinberg, he was followed by Commander Gomez's team who had the tablet between them on antigrav support. The tablet had been cleared of the stone and it was same jet black as the other tablet. Also exiting the transport were four squads of Marines as the General wanted to make sure that such a find was protected. True to the Covenant's word Commander L1 was waiting for them. The Terrans followed the Commander to Mission Control and he ordered the Marines to wait outside while he entered with Gomez's team and the tablet.

Reply to Widgetalia

The Terran Empire does not see the need to chase all the natives across the planet. Therefore we will not be deploying ground forces to deal with the 'Voice of the Gods'. We will however provide some air support in order to pave the way for any ground forces that your nation wishes to send in. The Empire has coverage of all the planet and there are numerous settlements across the planet. If Widgetalia can provide the exact co-ordinates of the 'Voice of the Gods' then a bombing run can commence. The Empire can also arrange an orbital strike if Widgetalia can prove that the strike will not adversely effect native civilians or damage the potential to find even more clues to the ancient civilization on the planet.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Message To Commander Gomez

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:15 pm

"The "Voice of the Gods" is hiding in his tower in the center of Acharia which is made of strange materials we have never seen before, not to mention that there could be well concealed anti-aircraft defenses. You can go ahead with the air strike but we don't know if it will work at all." Cerberus Kane III, Grand Emperor of Flarbinia, War King of the Frontier, Supreme Governor of the Flarbinia Isles,  Lord Protector of Greater Flarbinia, Grand Duke of the Mahjongg Province, Archduke of Deroth Ungol, and supreme commander of the First Battalion

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Indomitable Terran Empire » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:48 am

Site Bravo - Command Center

Lieutenant-General Skertl was currently in command while General Dinberg was at Site Alpha and he was currently reading the latest update from the chamber where the newest tablet had been found. The holographic map currently showed a range of pictures from the chamber. Additional devices had been sent down into the chamber so that communications were vastly improved. His attention was drawn by another officer to an incoming transmission from Flarbinia. Skertl ordered the transmission played and then after he looked confused so he called across Colonel Kurtz. "Colonel didn't we send a transmission to Widetalia regarding this 'Voice of Gods'? If so then why I am getting a response from Grand Emperor of Flarbinia about it?" asked Skertl. "Yes Sir. It was an open transmission though so possible it was picked up by Flarbinia and they decided to reply." replied Kurtz.

Skertl called in intelligence to go over the transmission. Given the nature of the planet and the very low technological state of the planet's inhabitants, intelligence had to draft in scientists and historians to help analyze the data they received. Skertl wanted to know how much of threat those natives in Acharia could be. The images came in and there certainly was a tower but no anti-aircraft emplacements could be seen. The scientists and historians found any notion of anti-aircraft preposterous. While the settlements in Acharia did show a technological advantage over the tribes in the Northern Hemisphere, they were most likely in a middle of a bronze age. From aerial images the strange material bared a resemblance to the material found at Sites Alpha and Bravo and had been incorporated with normal rock to build structures. While the natives in Sciatho were able to launch longships as they could use land navigate, the ability for any large force to be launched from Acharia and survive intact would be feat not currently able to be achieved given their technological level. Intelligence was in the firm belief that the natives in South were of no threat to anyone who currently operated in the North. Skertl had the data transmitted to Admiral Warren with advice that a bombing run or orbital strike would not be needed. He then sent a joint transmission to Flarbinia and Widgetalia.

"After studying the natives in the Sothern Hemisphere in Acharia, the Terran Empire has decided that there is no need to pursue them as they pose no threat to any nation that currently occupies the Northern Hemisphere. Given the 'Voice of Gods' position and the perceived technological level of the natives there then it is highly unlikely that a large assault from that region could be successful brought against any of our forces at this time. Terran drones will remain in the area to watch the region so we will know what is going on all the time. Lieutenant-General Skertl - Terran Empire"

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Rebuttal to Statement About The Natives

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:06 pm

The Indomitable Terran Empire wrote:"After studying the natives in the Sothern Hemisphere in Acharia, the Terran Empire has decided that there is no need to pursue them as they pose no threat to any nation that currently occupies the Northern Hemisphere. Given the 'Voice of Gods' position and the perceived technological level of the natives there then it is highly unlikely that a large assault from that region could be successful brought against any of our forces at this time. Terran drones will remain in the area to watch the region so we will know what is going on all the time. Lieutenant-General Skertl - Terran Empire"

"No threat? One of my scout transports was destroyed by anti-aircraft missiles when it approached the tower, defenses you assumed did not exist because the natives living near it use bronze tools! You forgot that someone else could have settled Eden Prime before these natives ever settled in Acharia,  not to mention that the natives who follow the "Voice of the Gods" are cultists that will not stop until one side is victorious and the other is dead!" Cerberus Kane III, Grand Emperor of Flarbinia, War King of the Frontier, Supreme Governor of the Flarbinia Isles,  Lord Protector of Greater Flarbinia, Grand Duke of the Mahjongg Province, Archduke of Deroth Ungol, and supreme commander of the First Battalion

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

ISS Phobetor arrives at Eden Prime

Postby Odinburgh » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:16 pm

The ISS Phobetor led by Captain Helandrea Ramstad and her crew arrived at Eden Prime. The voyage was long but soon made to its destination. After checking the wormhole nearby everything seemed normal. Her first officer Commander Albert Cox noticed something on the view screen of the planet below.

"Captain I am noticing a flash of light suddenly appeared in Gobristan. Wait a second I believe its gone now.", Commander Cox exclaimed. "Other than that searching for the Voice of the Gods."

"Voice of the Gods? According to my readings there is a temple there and it appears to be underground. This is first reading I have gotten from scanners.", Science Officer Randy Taylor replied."

Then flashes started appearing more frequently as well as intense.

"Whatever the Voice of the Gods is I believe we found the location. Or at least connected in some way at the site in Acharia. Notify search teams. Assemble team to the Gobristan region.", Captain Ramstad relayed. "In the meantime I need an update on the tribal situation."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Republic of Interstellar Colonies
Secretary

Founded: Aug 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Interstellar Colonies » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Unknown System and planet

Today, worlds would collide.

However, worlds were the last thing on 2nd Lieutenant Richard Wilson of the Clarity-class battleship RICS Paladin.

Wilson had watch duty on this fateful day, he usually manned the sensor grid, looking for signs of enemy warships. If their would be any. Lately, the Paladin had been conducting anti-piracy operations on the edge of Republic space. Earlier, they had jumped off course from their original quickspace travel route by a sudden wormhole collapse that interrupted their jump.

He sighed. God, this job i--...

A sudden beeping intrrupted his thoughts. His console detected unknown warships at a near the local planet. He keyed his radio for Captain Denske.

"Captain, I've got contact. Sending warning message."

He pressed a few buttons and transmitted a pre-recorded message to the aproching ships:

Attention unknown vessels; this is the RICS Paladin. State your name, ship class, and captain.

OOC: Anyone can answer this; I didn't set the situation in any particular place.

Auricium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Auricium » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Eden System.
Bridge of Covenant Flagship Fires of Apokalips

"This is Admiral Haako of Covenant Trade Fleet Theta Kappa Mu. The three battle-trade ships Envy, Resolute and Temperance are approaching your position in hopes of trade. They are commanded by droids. I am in command of this fleet around the system.

You have entered neutral territory. We are currently conducting archeological excavations of an ancient and technologically advanced race. We ask that you keep hostilities to a minimum, and avoid inciting conflict. Any hostile actions will be met with due force.

The Covenant of Corporate Enterprises is interested in trade. Do you perhaps, have any goods to offer? We can currently offer raw materials. However, we are more interested in trade deals and mutual cooperation."

While this was partially true, the Covenant wanted to see what these ships were doing in this system. The wormhole never closed, and they didn't want any interruptions with their dig. Already, massive amounts of tanks, gunships and droid battalions were on the surface of the planet, defending against hostile natives. Artillery encampments on the surface could almost instantly destroy incoming enemy forces. There was no fear of hostile attacks.

In fact, recent archeological digging has uncovered a second tablet. The Covenant was waiting to translate this tablet, owned by the Terrans, to arrive at Site Alpha. Once there, translators could begin their work immediately. It appeared as if this Hive, which had originally live on the planet, was more resourceful than once thought.
Iᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴀʟ Nᴇᴡs Nᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ: It's Pronounced Aurikium!|I have School, so I really shouldn't be on right now.|Embassy Programme Underway|IBA Open|This is a class A nation: Tier 0, Type VII, Universal Power. Obviously, we don't use NS Stats.  Read my factbooks instead.|Intergalactic Banking Alliances announces new CEO|Founder of the Capitalist League|Observer of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!|Proud Member of The Coalition of Omniversal Dominance.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

The Grand Emperor Updates Unidentified Vessel

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 pm

"Greetings, my esteemed guests! If you are frightened by my fleet, then you have hostile intentions. If not, then let me be the one to update you on the situation of the planet. The Grey Scar Confederation, the alliance of hostile natives that the First Battalion was fighting when the Valkyrie left the Eden System, has been defeated and the surviving tribes are busy strip mining the northern continent for Mazdanium, the rare and unique mineral ore that, when mined and exported, will free my empire from the ancient monopolistic chokehold placed on it by the governors of mining worlds. If you have any questions about the "Voice of the Gods", then I have only one answer: his shockingly accurate predictions and his ability to manipulate the minds of others to do his bidding indicates he is a servant of an ancient evil whose Lovecraftian nature is horrifying than the fires of Hell, one that we do not fully understand." Cerberus Kane III, Grand Emperor of Flarbinia, War King of the Frontier, Supreme Governor of the Flarbinia Isles,  Lord Protector of Greater Flarbinia, Grand Duke of the Mahjongg Province, Archduke of Deroth Ungol, and supreme commander of the First Battalion
Last edited by Flarbinia on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Interstellar Colonies » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:40 am

RICS Paladin

Captain Denske listened to the messages twice, then ordered them to be sent to 2nd Fleet Command. In the meantime, he sent back a message to The Covenant Trade Fleet:

Attention, my name is Captain Denske, Commander of the Republic of Interstellar Colonies Ship Paladin We have no hostile intent toward whatever you are doing. I have informed my homeworld of our encounter and should hear back shortly for instructions. Please stand by.

Cryos, Regent Star System, Republic of Interstellar Colonies
Colonial Command Center

The Director for Alien Search and Contact yawned at his computer console as a transmission displayed on his screen. He read the priority, labeled Alpha-One, and dimly noted that the transmission came from the RICS Paladin. He began reading, and as he did, his alarm at the message nearly caused him to have a heart attack. He hurriedly pressed a button on his Commpad and began speaking:

"Get me the The Secretary-General."

The Secratary-General of received the message exactly an hour later. His cabinet sat in his office with him, waiting for him to finish reading. He sighed and put it down.

"Gentlemen," he spoke, "About 6 hours ago, the Clarity-class battleship RICS Paladin made contact with a sentient empire after their quickspace jump was interrupted. After this, another sentient empire sent us a message explaining the situation to us."

"Under Article 33 of our Republic Code, as you all know, we are to inform the Senate of all Alien encounters. However, before we inform the Senate, I would like to send a delegation to meet these alien empires."

The Secretary of Internal affairs spoke. "Sir, it isn't wise to not inform the Senate. If word gets out that you sent a seceret delegation without Senate approval, there will be an uproar."

The Secretary of the Colonial Military countered, saying, "But if we inform the Senate, there'll be a public panic! We should at least find out what these empires want and establish the situation.

"I'm in agreement with the SCM." said the Secretary-General. He turned to the Secretary of the Diplomat Corps. "Secretary Wilson, select your best diplomats and take a Legacy-class transport to meet the RICS Paladin. In the meantime, send a message back to Captain Denske..."

RICS Paladin
"Sir! Message from Colonial Command!"

Captain Denske nodded. "Display on screen."

A holo-screen popped up on the bridge. Denske read it, then shook his head.

"Comms Officer," he said, "Send this message..."

After he told the Comms officer, the Officer transmitted the message as follows:

Attention Covenant Trade Fleet. A delegation from our homeworld is in-route to meet with your superiors or any other representatives. To provide security, an additional three Clarity-class battleships are also coming. Paladin out.

Auricium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Auricium » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:02 am

"Message received RICS Paladin. We shall organise negotiations immediately to be conducted aboard Covenant Supercarrier Star of Croesus as soon as the delegation arrives. It is the large 29 km battleship in orbit. We await your reception, and look forward to future cooperation."

"Sir, the Team from Site Bravo had shipped the tablet here for translation."

"Excellent. Translators, set to work immediately. The tablet should be translated soon."
Last edited by Auricium on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

The Invasion of Caswijan And Sciatho

Postby Widgetalia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:25 pm

After 3 days of preparation, the Widgetalian counteroffensive had begun. The Widgetalian Expedition, being experts in guerrilla warfare and counterinsurgency, marched into Caswijan unopposed while the Titanium Legion, being experts in trench warfare and naval tactics, arrived in Sciatho. The unexpected attack from the coast had caught the natives off guard, forcing them to divert forces away from Caswijan and allowing the Titanium Legion to overwhelm otherwise unassailable positions within a matter of hours. Once they had secured their positions, the Titanium Legion prepared for the inevitable counterattack.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

The Battle Of Hosmua And The Invasion Of Iastrela

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:11 pm

After remaining neutral throughout the course of the conflict, the island nation of Hosmua, seeing the repeat failures of the "Voice of the Gods", surrendered unconditionally. After 7 hours of lying in wait, the enemy armada had arrived off the coast of Hosmua and the trap had been sprung: the natives, seeking shelter from a typhoon, were scattered and confused, the majority of their ships having been sent to Davy Jone's locker by the storm that was ravaging southwestern Acharia, their leadership unaware of the ambush they were about to enter. Signaled by the artillery barrage fired by the coastal defenses, the mercenaries surrounded the natives and rammed into the enemy longships with the bow of their triremes, destroying the ships unfortunate enough to survive the volley of enemy cannons. With the enemy's navy at the bottom of the ocean, half of the First Battalion, under the command of Governor Belisarius, landed on the coast of Iastrela and defeated the small army sent against them. With a foothold in Iastrela established, the First Battalion will finally face the full might of the fanatics that had swore fealty to the "Voice of the Gods".
Background Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8k9y2hunuU
Last edited by Flarbinia on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Interstellar Colonies » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:16 am

RICS Paladin

In a spectacular flash of light, 4 ships suddenly materialized close the the Paladin. The Legacy-class transport, the RICS Midnight Star, hailed the Covenant Trade Fleet.

Greetings! My name is Secretary of the Diplomatic Corps Luke Wilson. My entourage and eye ask for permission to board one of your ships and begin negotiations/talks. We await your reply.

Auricium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Auricium » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:08 am

"Welcome to the Eden System, Secretary. Permission Granted. We invite you aboard the Industrial Alliance Supercarrier Star of Croesus to begin negotiations. A fighter escort will lead you there."

One of the Covenant Supercarriers in the system turned, to face the newcomers. it was the Star of Croesus. Releasing a squadron of fighter craft, it would welcome the delegation. The fighters started signaling, opening a path to the great carrier.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Indomitable Terran Empire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:01 am

Eden Prime

Admiral Warren stood at his command dais and just above his left shoulder floated the ship's AI. The Admiral had just taken reports from the Vice Admirals in the Battle Section and also had been given a update from the Lieutenant General about activities on the ground. Flarbinia were strip mining the North that didn't bother him but drones showed that the local natives had been pressed into servicing the mines as a form of slave labor. That did bother him but there was little he could do about it. Two vessels from Odinburgh had been seen returning and also another nation had appeared at the edge of the system. So far the Admiral had declined to respond to the hail. He decided that if they became involved with Eden Prime then contact would be established. The planet below was an archaeological treasure trove and things would have progressed at a more steady pace but other forces had seen its progress at a quicker pace. Admiral Warren had taken the decision that the system as a whole needed to be looked at but he didn't want any other nations sticking their noses in. He had therefore begun a process of cloaking and de-cloaking a random number of frigates and destroyers to keep other guessing at their exact number. One though, TEFS Star Cracker, had remained cloaked and would remain so while it conducted it's mission.

Eilene

The TEFS Star Cracker had been dispatched to the once planet Eilene. It was the only planet in the system that had been destroyed so it was starting point of wider explorations of the system.The frigate a was still under cloak and running it's heat and emission sinks. The first thing they wanted to discover was how the planet had been destroyed. However piecing together a planet that had been destroyed then over time had chance to spread itself out across a stellar area was a rather large task. The first theory to test was if the destruction of the planet had been due to cosmic collision so the Star Cracker began the task of scanning various asteroids and examining their composition.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Message To The Terrans

Postby Widgetalia » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 am

"We are under attack by insurgents! I request immediate air support!" Admiral Hunkasan, Supreme Commander of the Widgetalian Expedition

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Reply to Widgetalia

Postby The Indomitable Terran Empire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:09 am

Message received, however we require more information.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Location Of Widgetalian Expedition

Postby Widgetalia » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:28 pm

"My forces are located in Northern Caswijan. I don't have the time or the patience to tell you every single detail!" Admiral Hunkasan, Supreme Commander of the Widgetalian Expedition

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Indomitable Terran Empire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:32 pm

In the command center Lieutenant General Skertl looked at the battlemap. They had received a return reply from Widgetalia but it was still lacking in detail. The forest fires from the bombing run a few days ago were still raging and this was putting a lot of smoke into the air which meant imaging of the ground was difficult. With a very imprecise location it was hard to find the Widgetalia force that had been ambushed by tribesmen. The fact that some were still willing to fight after such a blow was impressive indeed and that they were able to get the jump on a nation that was leaps and bounds technologically ahead was very skilled. Skertl nodded his head to them, not bad for people armed with spears and leather shields. Skertl ordered that two fighters to fly over Northern Caswijan to see if hey could locate the Widgetalia force under attack by the tribal natives.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Mysterious Object Is Discovered In Pyramid

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:28 pm

After 14 hours of waiting for something to get outside the temple, the half of the First Battalion that had stayed behind to defend their assets in Eden Prime's northern hemisphere sent in a strike team to investigate the ruins and eliminate any foes they came across. Once inside the ancient ruins, the strike team immediately began opening fire on anything that moved. After 7 hours of fighting in dark narrow corridors, the strike team had entered the blood soaked inner sanctum and discovered the torn husk of a giant centipede-like monstrosity curled around a damaged white pillar with half-burnt hieroglyphs on it. The First Battalion, not knowing how to translate the dusty symbols, naturally informed the Grand Emperor about the discovery, who sent an image of the object to Admiral Warren.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Indomitable Terran Empire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 am

Eilene

The fun of discovering aboard the Star Cracker hadn't lasted long at all. Those on bridge of ship had initially set to the task of unlocking lost secrets with a high amount of enthusiasm but that fell apart within a couple hours as arguments had sprung over the lack of what should have been there. First there was distinct lack of stellar left over to actually form a planet. Second there was a moon which seemed to indicate that there should have been a planet. This meant that wild theories were being traded across the bridge which were being met with heated come backs. Everything in pointed to a planet but it was as if the planet had never existed. The asteroids that had been scanned and been very unremarkable and didn't give any clue to what was going on. The first thing of notice was an faint but odd energy signature in another set of smaller asteroids. The order was given to begin searching that area.

Auricium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Auricium » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 am

It was then that we had awoken. A desert planet, much unlike what we had previously lived on. The Great Queen, Niaklazlda, had told us of the perilous journey that had lied ahead. So we travelled, and landed on the world, centuries away from where we had originally started. It was a new beginning. We had taken our first steps into space. The great ships we had constructed, the plans, all to fruition.

The world, when we landed, was deserted. Hot, arid uncomfortable. Yet we had persisted. We had stayed together, and the link never broke. And their was life. Life that itself was bonded together. Joining us, calling out to us. So we did. We took them in, and built. We were with them, first in mind, then in body. And we continued. Our path of expansion was quickened. We had learned of gates. So we decided to build them. It took nine to construct the first gate. But once it was, we could traverse freely between worlds. The gates enabled us to speeds that were unachievable with our ships. So we expanded, covering the planet with ourselves. Its surface, its body, filled with tunnels, drones. Young queens would dream of the expansion into more worlds, and we let them. It was merely the first among many that would be colonised.

It was a strong world, important to us. We achieved great technologies there, new heights of friendship and enlightment, from joining with the natives. But eventually, it was the first to fall. When we had expanded to such planets, planets which were barred from our touch, they came. And they came first, attracted by the scent of blood. For it was this world that had become just as great as the one which we had started on. But what was once life became worthless. The first wave of them came, wreaking havoc upon this world and surrounding others. But they did not find our world at first. It was hidden from sight, as were many others. Which is why they came a second time, to finish what had been started. For when they left, we had returned. We saw their worlds, and desired to to what they had done to us. And what little we did accomplish was repaired, with almost greater aptitude than what it took to destroy. Our ships were defeated. Our Queens restless. So we set out in our ships, and they came. They saw where we had come from, knew our ways, better than we did theirs. We were blinded at the time. Know our story, so that the mistakes of the past are not repeated in the future. We will likely be gone, by the time that this is read. But know the places where we had breathed, the life with which he had given, which was destroyed by those who came. We lived among the stars...

"Admiral Warren, the tablet the Terran's found goes on to list a variety of places. Some of which require more deeper translation. It will take time to decode the coordinates of the rest, but we believe that the last passages point to more worlds. We have confirmed one, Eta Persius. It is a desert world, matching all the coordinates the Hive provided. I suggest we send in a team to scan for geological evidence. I believe that the race that burned this world had done the same to Eta Persius.`

"Wait. That is in Terran territory, no? Ask them for permission first. And tell them only of our findings. We don't want anyone else hearing word of this yet."
Last edited by Auricium on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents