NATION

PASSWORD

Schmetternde Schwerter (CLOSED, OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:21 am

On that note, would you mind if I captured the Cottbus salient (most SL troops will withdraw though, instead of captured)?
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:01 am

So, in my next post, I'm imagining the first forward elements of the 7th Cav Division will arrive and begin to engage the Wankans (not too sure where), and this'll be followed by a major SL push somewhere (with the Wankans starting to have to fall back due to the large amounts of well-equipped, fresh Columbian troops). This good with everyone?

I think the OS Army's RP delay as been exploited as fully as possible at this point...
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:33 am

Mind reading my posts above?
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:02 am

Murovanka wrote:Mind reading my posts above?

Perhaps the OS Army would take Hessen over the Sylvans?
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Organized States wrote:
Murovanka wrote:Mind reading my posts above?

Perhaps the OS Army would take Hessen over the Sylvans?

Nah, man, your a bit late. The Fourth Division is gonna take the glory for that, sorry. However, I would like to work with you again - perhaps in this new Valencia RP, we can team up? Hopefully then you actually start posting consistently, lol.

Also, Wanka, that sounds great. That way both sides can sort of claim victory, but at the same time not really. I assume at the end of this, Sonneborn is still in power, and this becomes the (continuation) of a NAZI-SL Cold War? Or are you going to have Kanaris and Meinhof make a move? Idc either way.

Though the addition of Reicha and Helmarra to Sep gives you some new allies, and a new location for a possible future confrontation.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Also, as for our next RPs, here's what I've got -

The Place That God Forgot - Valencian government collapses after a massive natural disaster, paving the way for foreign intervention to become foreign occupation of the oil-rich island.

For God And Country - Not to sure yet. Something to do with the United Territories, and Wanka finalizing its stranglehold on Sylva. This might perhaps lead into another RP in which, eventually, NAZI invade Sylva proper.

Armaggedons Edge - The Pan-Septentrion War, in which Sylva attempts to conquer the world (past tech, 1950s or 1970s) before OS drops the worlds first nuke on my capital and Sylva surrenders, breaking apart it's empire. We could also start at the end of the war and RP the breakup of my empire.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
Organized States wrote:Perhaps the OS Army would take Hessen over the Sylvans?

Nah, man, your a bit late. The Fourth Division is gonna take the glory for that, sorry. However, I would like to work with you again - perhaps in this new Valencia RP, we can team up? Hopefully then you actually start posting consistently, lol.

Also, Wanka, that sounds great. That way both sides can sort of claim victory, but at the same time not really. I assume at the end of this, Sonneborn is still in power, and this becomes the (continuation) of a NAZI-SL Cold War? Or are you going to have Kanaris and Meinhof make a move? Idc either way.

Though the addition of Reicha and Helmarra to Sep gives you some new allies, and a new location for a possible future confrontation.

Fair enough and I think that it would make sense, considering that it's taken two weeks for me to move a significant enough force. Valencia seems like something I may be able to do. It'll be a more Naval-centric RP and I could probably work better on that.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:06 am

Okay, great. Gonna have two weeks break starting next week so we can wrap this up.

On ze programm:
1. Battle for Dresden (lasts for a coupla IC weeks)
2. Battle and capture of Hessen
3. Ceasefire and handover of Saxony to Aemen

The finer details are up to us to decide. Haven't decided whether to return Wanka to Sonneborn or Meinhof control. Either would be interesting. But we'll see.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:09 pm

You know, what we could do...

What if we never make peace, but only agree to a cease-fire? Then OS could have time to move in forces, and we can consolidate our lines and try for round two.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:You know, what we could do...

What if we never make peace, but only agree to a cease-fire? Then OS could have time to move in forces, and we can consolidate our lines and try for round two.

That'd certainly make things interesting.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:50 am

North Koreer and South Koreer. I luv it.
Proud member of Septentrion

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:40 am

And get locked into a cold war. Hell, that would be interesting. Fighting with proxies and trying to undermine each others power.

Okay, so Meinhof and Kanaris will stay officially gone for now.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Murovanka wrote:And get locked into a cold war. Hell, that would be interesting. Fighting with proxies and trying to undermine each others power.

Okay, so Meinhof and Kanaris will stay officially gone for now.

Well, not "gone." It's likely the Sylvans are probably going to start clandestinely supporting him and his movement. And exactly - Saxony is the start of the Cold War, which builds up to round two (possibly).

And yes, there will be many proxy wars, lots of espionage, and bloc-building. Perhaps we start a thread just about the Cold War? We could update it irregularly and just have it branch into other threads and vice versa.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Sorry for my lack of posts, Ive been trying to spend more time with the family and not so much time staring at NS throughout the day. I'll work on a response to OS soon.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Achesia wrote:Sorry for my lack of posts, Ive been trying to spend more time with the family and not so much time staring at NS throughout the day. I'll work on a response to OS soon.

Sounds good :) though I stand by my original idea...the threads timeline is so jacked up, you really should have had a different thread. Also, Achesia should join NAZI. Or absorb NAZI into an alliance you create.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
Achesia wrote:Sorry for my lack of posts, Ive been trying to spend more time with the family and not so much time staring at NS throughout the day. I'll work on a response to OS soon.

Sounds good :) though I stand by my original idea...the threads timeline is so jacked up, you really should have had a different thread. Also, Achesia should join NAZI. Or absorb NAZI into an alliance you create.

I already have too many threads to watch. :shock:

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:00 am

Achesia wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:

I already have too many threads to watch. :shock:

Well, that doesn't change my suggestion about the alliance.

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:27 am

Would it be a good idea to leave the NAZI alliance after the Saxon war?

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:47 am

Erquin wrote:Would it be a good idea to leave the NAZI alliance after the Saxon war?

No, not really. Well, unless you wanted to join the SL.

Also, found the Questerian plans to attack Sylva while skimming around iiwiki. Oh, Maredoratica.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:50 pm

Tbh, I do wanna ally with Sylva and fight with you.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Erquin wrote:Tbh, I do wanna ally with Sylva and fight with you.

DU VERRÄTER!1!1!!11

I've a feeling that me and TBR need to launch an intervention to save Erquin from falling to Sylvan imperialist scum...

Yay another RP idea. Perhaps the first Sylvan-Nazi conflict in the Cold War?
Relations between Wanka and Erquin are already not that good, and after the perceived loss in the Saxon war Erquinians want to be closer to Sylva. Some popular demonstrations happen, president resigns and elections are called for which threaten to give some pro-Sylvan faction power.

Happens April 2016, maybe running concurrently with the Meridian War which some of us aren't directly involved in? UT is coerced into joining NAZI, and from there Wankan and TBR troops stage an invasion to reinstate the pro-Wankan government (like the Prague Spring or Hungarian Uprising --> paying attention in history class paying off).

It'll be like a hybrid war, I guess, not a conventional one. The Erquinian military may be split into pro-Wankan/pro-Sylvan or choose not to fight; partisan activity and guerrilla warfare by civilians will be key; Sylva may covertly (or not) send in support. Anything goes, but its up to Erquin whether this goes or not.

If you (Erquin) want to switch sides without all the civvy deaths then that's not a problem either.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:00 pm

This could work. Lets hear Sylva on this.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:49 am

Erquin wrote:This could work. Lets hear Sylva on this.

It needs some more figuring out but the basic idea is there. I'm all for it.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:45 am

Also, I'm going to write one more reply before Muro and/or Aemen closes the thread, if that's okay with everyone. Dresden is going to become the equivalent of Stalingrad (yes, including the envelopement. The only difference being that the Wankans will break out).

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:24 am

Already? The war will come to an end but do give me a chance to reply a coupla times; after all, Stalingrad did last for like half a year. I need to, want to highlight the massive casualties incurred at Dresden, or else it's hard to explain why we're willing to accept a ceasefire. Also, civvy deaths :D

So go ahead for the first week or so, then I'll do the second week and you can do the successful Sylvan advances or whatever happens and the conference occurs.

I'd like to include a peace conference arbitrated by Aemen, in the form of Sonneborn, De La Calle and some Aemen official in Erus or any other city in Aemen. Others have done it via TG or a chat, how about we open another thread where we post about the discussion ICly and then upload the entire thing in one post here?
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents