NATION

PASSWORD

Operation Defensive Shield (IC/MT/Signups)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:16 pm

TASHKENT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

The plane landed in Tashkent. Despite little gripes, the crew worked as a team to get their gear and clear the airport in record time. Otto and Mercinda had been paired together for a long time and started their professional relationship on fluff pieces like centenarian birthdays, cute animals and flooding basements.
They knew how to anticipate each other’s needs, as well as fill in the gaps between each of their strengths.

Matteo had not been with the team very long, but had known both of them for a while, having worked his way up through the NETV ranks from a tea fetching intern. He was a competent and able Assistant Producer tech, or whatever his title was...Merci could never remember.

Meanwhile, Merci was scoping out the scene and marking her targets. She had never been to Toshkent Xalqaro Aeroporti (Tashkent International Airport), but in her experience, every International airport in every country of this development level worked about the same. She knew almost instantly which officials to bat eyelashes at, which ones would respond to a wad of soms, the local currency, and which ones would respond to layered respect and courtesies.

In some instances, in a culture like this, some officials wouldn’t respond to a woman at all. That is when she kicked Matti or Otto into gear with the right phrases to get them through the process. They had their passports stamped and their luggage searched, then they were on their way.

So, they found themselves on the curb of the airport, awaiting their guide/contact. Sure enough, a man in local garb with a slightly grubby appearance held a sign with crudely drawn Latinic letters that spelled out ‘NETV’.
He stood in front of a beat up old pickup truck that in most nations of this nature could either hold bales of hay or have a machine gun bolted to the roof, familiarly called a ‘technical’.

His truck was a rustbucket and had a simple, dirty, empty bed with no deadly weaponry attached to the top. The man continued to glance about, especially keeping his eye on a traffic policeman that was trying to push everyone along and wave them out of the pick up lane. The policeman was still several cars down from him.
“Are you Jamshid? My name is Mercinda. We’re with the NETV 4 News crew.”

“Hello to all of you, it is wonderful to meet your acquaintance. Let me do the help with your bags.”

Mercinda couldn’t help but notice that he didn’t directly look at her or address her, but kept his gaze to Matti and Otto, even though his statement was to the general group.
“Hi! Over here. Yes, I’m Mercinda...I’m actually the team leader and you can talk directly to me.”

Jamshid nodded, but still didn’t look up as he started to grab their gear to load it in the truck.
“My most apologies, Der mondan...er, Miss. I mean to be no disrespect. Just the opposite that I want to give fullest respect. It is rude in my culture to approach talk directly of to the womens. It takes getting to some used of...to? Being comfortable. I will do the best of this.”

She nodded, just following along and trying to be understanding of his struggle through English. She decided to gloss over the snub, no matter that she didn’t quite trust the face value of his reasoning. There was enough antiquated sentiment towards the female of the species in Neu Engollon that she was used to it.

They got loaded up in the truck and were out on the road, meandering out of the large city and heading off into the hills. They passed through some Uzbek checkpoints, but both theirs and Jamshid's paperwork were in order. More soms helped smooth the path. Eventually, they were clear, at least for a while, of more Uzbek Army checkpoints. It would be a bit of a ride to the Tajik border, so the more information and help they could get out of Jamshid in the meantime, the better. They would certainly have the time.

TO THE BORDER

Mercinda stayed in the cab, at the passenger door, while Matti and Otto took turns switching between the back bed with the gear (they used a bedroll and coats to make it as comfortable as possible) and the middle space between Jamshid and Mercinda, in order that he wasn’t next to her and put in an uncomfortable position. The two Neu Engollian men switched off during stops for gas and bathroom breaks. ‘Bathroom’ being behind what rock piles they could find along the way, as Uzbek gas stations didn't have public bathrooms.

After a bit of chitchat, Jamshid seemed to have gotten over his aversion to talking to women, so Mercinda forged ahead.
“So, Jamshid. Can you take us to some Tajiks, to talk to them?”

“I am Tajik, so yes, I know many Tajiks, after all.” It was a simple statement that could have been sarcastic, but was delivered earnestly enough. Mercinda still squinted at him for a couple seconds.

“Accorzu...Right, I meant um, like Tajik officers, maybe even TCM officials?”

“Ah...Well. Possibly. They are all being on the running right now, do you know? There are lots of foreign soldiers and Australians chasing them and maybe in the way of our getting to them to speak and be there to not run...there.”
His English was not improving as their conversation progressed. Merci had her doubts on this choice of guides, supposedly through a contact of Matti's. He was to serve as their translator, too, which made her nervous.

“Uh...You don’t know any Tajik Army officers near to where we're going?” She felt like she was starting to slip into his speech patterns.

“Oh, bovari....sure. That is for the word. My cousin is a Lieutenant in Army of being Tajik. He residing to being near my home.”

“Oh, well, yeah! That's a good start. Can we speak with him?”

"My being to home is near of the border."

"Well...isn't that the direction we're heading? If not, we should be."

"Yes."

"Grand. So can we stop and speak with him?"

"I would need to be asking of this."

"Sure, great. Wait...Why isn't he off fighting?"

"...."

Matti, currently in the middle, whispered urgently,
"He's a deserter, Merci."

Jamshid heard the aside, of course.
"He be taking to time with family, then to be finding time that be right to rejoin his men. He will be talk to you."

"..."

"So, you're going to call him, on the phone?"

"Yes, call."

"Do you need to use my phone? It's satellite."

"Calling will be difficult."

She held the phone out, after fishing it from her satchel.
"I'm sorry, why?"

"Because cousin will not answer to the phone."

Mercinda slapped her other hand to her forehead and let out an exasperated breath.

It was then Jamshid's turn to be frustrated.
"He will not be to recognize your number, der mondan! Miss!"

"Oh...right, well that makes sense. Can you call him then, from your phone?"

"The phone that is to me is in with my home."
He gave a look as if to say, Who's stupid now?

Mercinda glared back.
"Let's just drive."
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:18 am

BACKROUND:

The year is 1984, and Russia is on her way out. After many years of bloody war fighting off the Russians with US supplied aide the Afghani government was weak and poor, seeking any money a deal was made with former President Reed W. Murray. The deal included a 1 billion dollar base in the mountains near the Khorugh land crossing, in return the Dynasty would secretly work on helping whoever was in government maintain power. Meanwhile the Afghani government would keep its people's heads turn from any Dynasty related operation in the region. The deal proved critical to Afghani governments through the years. In the early 2000's during the Dynasty Civil War the underground mountain base was the first to fall to the Republic as the uprising spread like wild fire through the desert into the Dynasty. Eventually, the new regime took control and the base was restructured to reveal more over the ground operations, as underground operations "seemingly ceased." Little known to the world military operations continued underground between the border of Tajikistan and Afghanistan.

PRESENT DAY

President John Frechette, Dynasty City, Murray Dynasty 1700:

Grabbing my podium firmly, I reminisced shortly about what Mr. Murray once told; "These people, these people are killers..." Even Reed, in craziness knew the people of the Dynasty fed for blood, lived on war.

"My people! The people of the Dynasty!" The crowd remained silent awaiting the first real press announcement with the military present. I continued " My people! Today our nation stands idle no longer, once a nation in a golden age, which feeds on war, on consuming the weak and aiding the strong." Pausing to regain myself, the crowd cheered at our ancient past. " Today I come forth, not as the mad man our previous had fallen into, but as a concerned man, with an interest in returning power to a region filled with turmoil." Looking briefly at my notes, I stared past the crowd.

" Only days ago, the government of Tajikistan, a small nation in comparison, was consumed by a covenant of greedy nations!" The crowd remained silent. " This is not news to anyone these days, news travels fast, but some news stays out of the media and this is why I am here today!"

" I pronounce to the world the Tajikistan government as a whole, we are here for you and your people! As we speak here in the eve our boys are opening an early morning offensive! If the Tajikistan government picks up this satellite broadcast, of which we scattered all over the internet, we call to you to return the message! We are here for you, and you will see ME SOON!" As I shouted into the microphone asserting the promise to the world. "And to greed filled regimes, I promise you, what you are about to experience will bring hell on earth!" The crowd cheered as the need of war had finally been fed to this aggressive nation.

Major Nicholas R. Murray, Dynasty Elites, Khorugh Afghanistan 0500:

For weeks this nation sat idle watching tanks and troops cross the border, believing the rear was safe, ignoring the neutral parties. Finally, after three years of rest, I finally get to kill again. The President had briefed our men to prepare as a normal border patrol day, but to come out in force as the sun rose. Five M1A1 Abrams rolled rapidly towards the official line into Tajikistan, followed by LMTV's filled to the brink with infantry. Finally, the 18th Engineer Company provided one roll out bridge for us, just in case.

A small grouping of men gathered on the other side of the bridge pointing to the Abram tanks traveling at roughly 35 MPH straight at them. The lead Abram turned her gun, "FIRE!", I shouted over the radio. The first Abram opened fire on the grouping of men, as the other four soon joined in their path.

Two LMTV's broke off and unloaded approximately thirty men to stack up on and near the bridge for volley fire. The rear LMTV's ceased about three hundred yards to the rear.

"Breaker six, fire mission, Whiskey Delta-Zero-Five-Zero-Zero-Eight-Niner, Fire for effect!" I broke over the radio while exiting the LMTV to the rear column. The crack of artillery echoed to the rear, the sweet whistle of steel flew over heard.

"BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!" The artillery made impact on the opposite side of the bridge in the small troop clusters, dirt kicked up as the troops prepared to advance, whether by water or bridge.

"REPEAT!" I pronounced on the COMMS for another volley, as the guns started up again.

"Where are those fly boys?" I wondered to myself.

There was no return from here, who ever we just began to dust off won't forgive us for this.
Last edited by The Murray Dynasty on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defcon:
[5]

Factbook and Map (Work in progress)=
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=206083

Nationine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationine » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Monday, July 20th, 2015
1730 Hours
Khujand, Sughd Province, Tajikistan
2nd Platoon, Alpha Company, JTF-2

Petty Officer Second Class Tawnie Fay stood on the side of the road, watching as the local populace milled about. She had left her CG634 on the front seat of her G-Wagon in favour of a lighter and cooler Shemagh. Behind her she heard the voice of Finn Mulligan.

"So, would you mind explaining to me why we are the ones sweating our asses off up here in 'whatchamacallit' province while the main push is further south?"

Tawine laughed and replied. "It's because you keep on bitching about it." She turned and looked at the 20-year-old support gunner. "Besides, we are here to try and minimize the amount of people getting shot, not add to it." Tawnie turned back and stopped. Ahead of her Able Seaman Jayden Turner, the 23-year-old support gunner of Bravo Section was keeled over. "Doc!" Tawnie yelled for her combat medic to come forward, the 18-year-old Croatian jogged to her side. "Ivanović, go see whats up." He nodded and started forward at a slight jog. Jayden collapsed as soon as Dave Ivanović got to his side. "Aw shit, man down!" Tawnie heard 22 members of second platoon drop to a knee and raise their weapons.

"Sub-Lieutenant!" Ivanović yelled to Isidora Barros the platoon leader. She ran over towards Ivanović and Turner. "It's heat stroke, it's hot enough as it is, we don't need anyone else dropping. I suggest we pack up and head back ma'am." Isidora nodded and ordered the platoon back to their vehicles and out of the city.

1A: Petty Officer 2nd Class Tawnie Fay (19, F) Section leader
2A: Leading Seaman Finn Mulligan (20, M) Support Gunner
3A: Able Seaman Emil Mihailovic (23, M) Designated Marksman
4A: Able Seaman Dave Ivanović (18, M) Combat Medic

5A: Master Seaman Marcel Buckley (30, M) FT Leader
6A: Leading Seaman Iris Bishop (18, F) Combat Medic
7A: Able Seaman Thomas Hendricks (21, M) Support Gunner
8A: Able Seaman Eun Song (20, M) Grenadier

1B: Master Seaman Alexei Kozel (34, M) Section Leader
2B: Leading Seaman Kirsteen McKenzie (22, F) Designated Marksman
3B: Able Seaman Eira Maddox (19, F) Support Gunner
4B: Able Seaman Marvin Bader (18, M) Combat Medic

5B: Leading Seaman Kirby Spalding (37, M) FT Leader
6B: Able Seaman Carmen Romano (23, F) Grenadier
7B: Able Seaman Madeleine McElhone (20, F) Combat Medic
8B: Able Seaman Jayden Turner (23, M) Support Gunner. Incapacitated, heat stroke.

1C: Sub-Lieutenant Isidora Barros (25, F) Platoon Leader
2C: Master Seaman Mika Jokinen (20, M) Support Gunner
3C: Able Seaman Gábor Jankovics (30, M) Combat Medic
4C: Able Seaman Effie McDougall (18, F) Designated Marksman

5C: Petty Officer 2nd Class Mongkut Metharom (24, M) FT Leader
6C: Leading Seaman Leopold Dubicki (19, M) Support Gunner
7C: Able Seaman Katina Marinos (20, F) Grenadier
8C: Able Seaman Otto Gulbrandsen (24, M) Combat Medic
Last edited by Nationine on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Royal Australian Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Australian Republic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Corporal Martin Vincent, 2nd Patrol Section of the 2nd NSOC, Vakhsh River, Khatlon Province, Tajikistan
Vincent watched as the rest of the crew fished the weapons out of the water. Two members in the boat quickly took out the magazines and checked them. They unloaded the magazi
“Black Six, this is Croc One. We are on the river, two clicks from your position. We just finished up here. We are inbound to your position. Expect us in two mikes. How copy Black Six?” Vincent said as they left the carnage of the insurgents in the canoes.

Classified operative of the Taipan Strike Force, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
The women scanned the street as she drove down on the motorbike. She weaved through traffic as the Australian Defense Forces came into town. She saw several fleeing Tajik fighters going south. She quickly parked her motorbike in front of a house and walked down the street. She bumped into a man as she hurried away from a bomb…..

Sergeant Jack O’Rourke, 1st Company of the 3rd Ranger Battalion, Tajik-Afghanistan Friendship Bridge, Khorugh, Tajikistan
“Incoming!” The Ranger Company ducked as
the first artillery fire slammed down onto their position.
“Man down!” The words echoed through the headsets as the first casualties were reported. O’Rourke jumped into a foxhole as more artillery rounds slammed into the ground. “Ranger Three Actual, this is Ranger Three One. We are under heavy fire. We need immediate support. Several tanks and heavy vehicles are coming through from the Afghan side. Air support requested.”
“Ranger Three One, this is Ranger Three Actual. We have Warthog Two Three and Two Four inbound. ETA Five minutes. Paint the targets. I repeat paint the targets. We also have Mongoose Two One One inbound to your position. ETA thirty minutes. Ranger Three Actual out.”
O’Rourke then said over the headset: “Okay men. We have two A10s in bound. I want all the Carl Gustavs and Mortars to zero in on their tanks. I need Alpha Squad to paint the targets. Alpha squad, move out. I need Bravo and Charlie Squads to lay down suppressive fire. Delta Squad, get in the Hawkei SOVs and lay down fire with the .50 Cals. Go! Go! Go!” The men of the company began to move into position. 8 M3 Carl Gustavs and 8 M224 Mortars fired at the enemy armor, aiming for the tracks and external fuel cans. The twenty vehicles came alive as the men of Delta Squad climbed onto the separate roofs and opened fire with the M2 Brownings. O’Rourke zeroed in on the enemy soldiers as they exchanged fire with the other soldiers. He really hoped that the support would get here soon…..

Flight Sergeant Mike Elliot, 2nd Squadron of the 8th Air Wing, in bound to Khorugh, Tajikistan
Elliot pushed on the throttle of the A10 Warthog. He knew the Rangers were in need of air support. He looked over at his wingman, John Beckett, in the other Warthog. He nodded as they began to enter the strike zone. “Ranger Three One, this is Warthog Two Three. We are ready to launch. Paint the targets.” Five laser designators from the Rangers hit the tanks as the information was relayed to the strike planes. “Fox Two out. Fox Two out. Fox Three out. Fox Three out. Fox Four out.” The pilots said over the radios as they launched five AGM-65 missiles directly at the tanks. As they came in for their second pass, they opened up with their Avenger 30mm guns on the troops and vehicles…..

Lieutenant Rick Murphy, 1st Squad of the 1st Antitank Company of the 1st Fires Battalion of the 2nd Stryker Brigade, Khorugh, Tajikistan
“Ranger Three One, this is Mongoose Two One One. We are inbound to your position. ETA Twenty Minutes.” The convoy of ten M1134 ATGM Strykers were moving toward the Rangers position. Antitank vehicles were a lot better when there was actual tanks to fight. There TOW Missile system gleamed as the troops inside prepared to go into battle. They were eager and ready for war.

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:26 am

Major Nicholas R. Murray, The Bridge.
Dynasty Elites:

The burp of the aircraft gun fire spit up ground next to me as I fell to the ground. Quickly the sounds of battle consumed the air, as our troops moved left and right digging into whatever whole they could find.

"Man down!", A voice shouted in the distance, casualties were at the many as heavy return fire started to pelt the superior armor of the M1A1 Abrams. "BOOM!" The first Abrams exploded along with an LMTV unloading soldiers. I quickly turned around to see the Australian aircraft making a strafe dive straight for me. Enemy mortars started to pop off left and right as the first belt of aircraft fire hit.

"Where is the air support!", I screamed to my dead radio operator. "Damn!", I sneered. "Pop smoke, they can't hit what they can't see!" I started to throw my two white smoke grenades towards the bridge. As I released the smoke grenade I could hear the aircraft coming for a second run. The jet pointed his nose down for a strafe.

"Fuck!", As I ducked I could hear the burp of the machine guns, but it suddenly stopped as a sonic boom sounded. Behind the Aussie aircraft an F-22E raptor emerged as the aircraft caught flame and began its damaged decent. "Hell yeah!"

"Men, move forward, air support is here!" I shouted out to my men now concealed by smoke.

"X-Ray Six, X-Ray Six...", I could hear my radio calling for me.

"Go for X-Ray Six."

"Sir, the birds are on there way, we got the clean up for now, X-Ray One, Out." I felt the utmost joy as I truly thought I was a dead man. I heard several other F-22E's jet engines whizzing over head as the boys in the sky may have just saved our asses.

"Sergeant Marcs, prepare the charge!", As I prepared for the charge, another four LMTV's full of men pulled up to the rear formation.

"Get those boys out now, you are late!" Another two platoons of men had unloaded chalked full of supplies and started to reinforce the men preparing to charge.

1st LT Jason Hobbs, 5th Air Squadron, Dynasty Elites:

*Moments ago*

Pushing hard on the throttle, I just kept telling myself, "late again Hobbs", and "Lets go J", as take off procedures had run late to the assault initiation. I hated knowing lives were at stake while paperwork got in the way of real work. Cresting the mountain base I saw a jet making a hard turn back towards Khorugh.

"Fuck I'm so late!", I pushed harder ahead of my formation, "Come on baby lets go!", I yell at my plane as if its a person.

"X-Ray One slow down!", I heard another one of my wingman yelling.

"Negative weapons free boys lets go!" I was quick on the tale of this damn jet. Quickly I fired a burst and one laser guided missile. A few of the shots hit as the rest missed, but the missile cleaned up hitting the right wing of the aircraft.

"YESS!", I shouted in my cockpit. As I pulled up hard as to not hit the downing aircraft. I flicked on my radio to the legs channel.

*Present*

"Alright men break up into formation two, there has to be more birds out here, and big daddy's coming in five mikes!" I started scanning my sector for more birds in the area.

"Team two start on those formations on the opposite side instead.", I noted the heavy ground fighting and realized the boys could handle themselves up here. Quickly nose diving I dumped my napalm payload onto the cluster of men hidden away, turning back I came down for a second run with my machine gun.

Sergeant First Class Nate Roberts, AC130 Gunner, Dynasty Elites:

Cresting the mountain the view out of the AC-130 was phenomenal, as I looked out I could see smoke clouds. "Well they have been busy." I chuckled to myself.

"Sergeant Roberts, are the guns ready?", My pilot COL John Stephens repeated himself for the umpteenth mission together.

"As always sir!", I replied for the same amount of times. Buckling in I turned on the gun screen, reviewing the load out the system conducted its electronic service checks of each weapon.

"All green!" I called out.

"Good, remember your to dust anything not marked off from here to Khorugh.", He replied.

"Fair enough.", Reviewing the screen I could see the battle below. Flashing gunfire lit up the screen as a smoke screen covered the bridge, both sides just firing into the wind at this point. It appeared as though the Abrams had all but been lost with only two poor souls still firing near large craters of their former brothers in arms. Reviewing the road to the battlefield for a worthy target, I could see a large formation of ten fierce looking armored beasts.

"Yep those will do.", I joked with myself.

"105 AWAY!" The epic burst of the 105mm gun pushed the 'air-tank' ever so slightly. Switching to the 40mm quickly I prepared to dust off the remaining tanks while the 105 reloaded itself. The boys below will soon see the might of the Dynasty Elites.
Defcon:
[5]

Dictatorship Of South Eaka
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dictatorship Of South Eaka » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:51 am

Location: Tajik-Afghanistan Friendship Bridge, Khorugh, Tajikistan, Captain Dmitry Kasov, 150th Fighter Wing "Black Tigers"
The Captain is just flying over Khorugh in his PAK FA, Tajikistan when he gets a radio transmission from Fort Reskay "Sako 1-1 you are to divert course to 095645, friendly troops in the area are being fired apoun by hostile aircraft" the CPT responds "This is Sako 1-1, roger that diverting course, are the aircraft Tajik?" "The aircraft are currently unidentified, but outclass anything Tajiks have" "Roger that" the CPT and his squadron divert course and head towards the bridge, on reaching the bridge the CPT spots a AC-130 flying high and tells the rest of his squadron to spread out and engage, the CPT gains altitude and moves in behind the AC-130 and fires a burst of 30mm at it which impacts one of the engines setting it on fire, he comes back for another run and this time slows down a bit to release 2 bursts one which misses while the other hits another engine, the CPT then backs off to deal with the other F-22s, he sees a F-22 on the tail of one of his wingmen and moves in from behind diving and fires one burst of 30mm which downs the plane, he then spots a more slippery F-22 and moves in to engage it firing a 30mm burst.........

Location: Tajik-Afghanistan Friendship Bridge, Khorugh, Tajikistan,Captain Havosky Renov, 1st Infantry Regiment, 16th Mechanized Division "Black Bears"
The Captain received a radio transmission earlier to move towards the Friendship bridge and help repel the attack by unknown forces on allied forces, his convoy of BTR-90s,82s, BMP-3s,2s, and a few T-90s reach the bridge at full speed, as they reach the bridge the Captain is looking through his binocs to survey the carnage when a stray bullet whizzes by him "Whoa, alright DISMOUNT DISMOUNT" he slaps the side door of the lead BTR-90 and men began to disembark and soon the whole convoy follows, "Alright I want a two pronged attack, Gruppa A take the Left, Gruppa B take the right" the men began to move and soon come under heavy fire and sustain casualties, the Captain spots a hostile soldier and fires a burst of AK-101 fire at him keeping him down, he proceeds to relay orders to his individual squad "Alright, Yashmin set up the PKP, Pavlov load a thermabolic rocket and wait for my command, the rest of you take cover" the PKP is set up and fires one burst but the range needs to be adjusted "Set the zeroing to 400 and a little bit to the right" the gunner adjusts the gun and fires once more "Alright a little bit more to the right" the gunner readjusts the gun and fires once more this time the gun is on target and continues firing in rapid bursts keeping the hostile infantry pinned, the Captain signals for Pavlov to load the Thermabolic rocket "Alright, see that rock over there, fire right behind it" "Roger that" Pavlov aims the RPG-32 and adjusts the sight to the range and fires the launcher which sends the rocket straight behind the rock "This is going we-" the Captain is cut off when a burst from an F-22 lands near him "Oh shit, where's the damn Air units" he then witnesses an PAK FA fire a burst at the F-22 downing it, a loud Woooohoooo goes out from the men "That's what im talking about, alright men hold this position" the force holds their ground and expects to deplete the enemy's ammo and then move in.
Last edited by Dictatorship Of South Eaka on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member Of Task Force Atlas

Owner of a 2008 F350 XL

Nationine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationine » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
0501 Hours
Bekabad, Tashkent Region, Uzbekisan
Major General Gerard Brown, Commander, 31st Infantry Division

Gerard awoke to the sound of singing, he found his watch, 5:01. "Right on time." The man thought, the mosques were calling. He sat up, shook the life back into his arms and stretched. The door opened, looking over a female aid stood with a dossier and a steaming cup of coffee. Brown smiled, "And you my dear, are a lamb." The aid smiled as she handed the General his coffee, strong and black. Leaving the folder on the side table the aid turned around and strode out of the room closing the door behind her.

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
0501 Hours
Bekabad, Tashkent Region, Uzbekisan
Petty Officer 2nd Class Tawnie Fay, 2nd Platoon, Alpha Company, JTF-2

"All vehicles stop," Tawnie commanded over the radio. "Fireteam two stay with your vehicle, watch our six." Tawnie looked to her left at Ivanović, then turned and looked at the two members of her fireteam in the back, "Disembark." Tawnie stepped out and waited for the other 3 members of her fireteam to form up. She scanned the area, the road was sunken, with steep edges rising about one metre above the roadway, mostly barren and flat with the exception of a few small hills and the odd shrub. 100 metres ahead a small pile of rocks was situated on the far right side of the road. Tawnie spoke quickly and quietly. "Mulligan, Mihailovic, you two take the left, Ivanović, you're with me." The four soldiers pepper-potted forward. After 50 metres Fay spotted a silhouette seemingly rise up from the ground to her right as sharp cracks and shouts of surprise sounded out from behind her. "Ambush! Weapons free!" She shouted as she raised her C7 and started firing at the shape. A few seconds later she heard Dave Ivanović shout out, turning her head she saw him fall clutching his chest. "Doc!" Moments later she felt a sharp sting in her left arm, followed by a loud bang as her head snapped to the side.
The 19-year-old shot into a seated position, gasping for air, she blinked a few times and wiped the sweat off her forehead, her bunk was saturated. The PO's head snapped over to Ivanović's bunk where he was laying, snoring. Feeling a sharp stinging in her palms Tawnie looked down, and saw 4 crescent shaped cuts from her nails on each hand. Looking over she saw Leading Seaman Iris Bishop, the medic for fireteam two of her section looking back at her.

"Want me to take at those?" Bishop asked in a deadpan tone, pointing her chin towards the Petty Officer's hands.

"No, it's fine. Just another one of those... things."

"Night terrors?"

"That's the one." Tawnie took a deep breath, closed her eyes then slowly exhaled. Sniffing she looked back at Iris. "Hungry?" Bishop nodded. "Right let me just um," Tawnie looked around absentmindedly patting her legs. Bishop just shook her head and tossed her section leader a towel. "Right." Wiping her face and chest she reached over grabbing her Sig Sauer P226 and holster, strapping it tightly to her thigh she ran her fingers through her hair, swung her legs over the side of her cot, and began lacing up her boots. In a few hours her platoon was to board their LUVW's, providing security and reconnaissance for the rest of Alpha Company on the 45 minute journey over the boarder and back to Khujand.
Last edited by Nationine on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:56 pm

SOMEWHERE ON THE TAJIK-UZBEK BORDER

They finally arrived at a small village tucked into the mountains, with the air thick with the silent frustration between Mercinda and their guide. The view was incredible from the winding, almost too narrow trails that passed for roads in these parts.
Jamshid looked directly at Otto, currently taking a turn next to him, but raised his voice so that Merci and Matti could both hear.
"You are to be staying to for the truck. I am for the check of the coast be of the clear."

Otto nodded and tried to keep a smirk off his face,
"Er...alright there, Yoda. You be on then, mate."

Jamshid walked out into the dusky air towards the dwellings and left the NETV crew as they gathered their gear.

"What's with Yoda?"

"He's making sure the cousin is here and will talk to us...And stop calling him Yoda. He's pissed and nervous enough." Matti responded.

"Or he's making sure the Taliban or Teesums or whatever it is they're called are ready to kidnap us, genius."

"You just keep the camera rolling, Otto."

"Merd. Whatever."

Mercinda was primping a bit and failing in her attempt to ignore them.
"You two need to get in gear and lock it in. We may have to do this fast, depending on if the hot footed lieutenant needs to fly."

Jamshid approached out of the shadows.
"You to come now, yes? He is being ready."

They followed him to one of the smaller clay buildings. They entered and were told to take their shoes off. An older woman held out a hijab to Mercinda.
Jamshid spoke for her.
"You are to be wearing on the head with this."

"I'm not going to..."

Matti cut her off and grabbed the hijab, starting to help wrap it.
"Put it on, Mercinda." As she glared and tried to yank it away, he hissed:
"Story!"

"Fine."

A voice came from the other room.
"You are Westerners?"

"Neu Engollians. From NETV news." Matteo answered.

"We have no beer or cheese here."

"Ah, you've heard of Neu Engollon then." Matti chuckled lightly. They entered the back room, Mercinda having gotten on the hijab, albeit sloppily.

"Yes, I have heard of your small country. Welcome. Thank you for trying to accommodate our culture. We would normally ask for the woman to leave, but I understand that is not possible."

Mercinda forged ahead, ignoring the hint that her presence was only just tolerated.
"Well, you have quite the grasp of English. We should hire you on as our translator and fire your cousin."

"That is not possible. Also, Jamshid is a very capable guide. The Australians will be patrolling soon, so...You have questions to ask?"

"Your name, first of all." She waved at Otto and Matti to start taping and lighting.

"No light, please." Matti quickly shut it off. "Firuz Abdul."

"Abdul is the surname?"

"No."

"O...K. You were a lieutenant in the Tajik army?"

"I still am."

"Okay, here come the tougher ones. What do you think of the attack on the Australian base in Kyrgyzstan?"

"The Australians helped the Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan. That base represents imperialism. Something had to be done."

"Do you think the Australian retaliation was justified?"

"They invade our country, massacre our people, and destroy our homes. There is nothing justified about it."

"Why are you here near the border instead of fighting off the invading enemy?"

"The army is in ruins. There is no longer a front line. I figured if I had to leave, home would be a nice place to go to."

"Are you a deserter and hiding? If so, why are you scared of the Australians?

"I am not a deserter. I just live to fight another day. I am not scared of Australians. I have fought many foes. For a time, I fought with the Taliban in Afghanistan during those troubles."

"Really?! That's interesting...and yet you support the TCM? Aren't they godless communists? Not Islamist at all..."

"It is either the TCM or Australia. They are striking blows against a common enemy. What do you think?"

"Do you think the Tajik government should have been protecting the TCM?"

"Tajiks must protect Tajiks. It is as simple as that."

"What will happen to the government and the country of Tajikistan after the invasion?"

"If it is anything like in Afghanistan, it will be a pathetic, puppet government, if they give it back at all. I remember what the Americans did in Afghanistan. I didn't like it then and if Australia does it, I won't like it now."

"Do you fear for your personal future, safety and that of your family?"

"The Australians are violent. I wouldn't put anything past them. I am always cautious around them. I will protect my family."

"Thank you for sharing that with us, Firuz Abdul...Lieutenant."

He simply nodded. Then he stood up, bowed and exited out a back door.

"Well, that was..."

"Journalist gold! Let's edit it and beam it back."

"Right. I'm on it."

Jamshid re-entered the room.
"Please to be going for to the border now."

Special thanks to the Tajikistani Republic for the interview.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Knight-Lieutenant-Commandant Evan Masters
13th Combined Arms Brigade Combat Team

Evan sat in the compartment of his command APC, with the air conditioning on full.

"Remind me again why I put the bridge layer in the back of the formation" he groaned, asking a remedial question to his staff officers.

Which of course nobody would dare answer and make a superior officer seem less intelligent. As Evan finished saying that, a transmission came through, advising him that an Australian unit would be at their position in a few minutes.

He pushed the talk button on his microphone again, "Roger, we copy, see you shortly, out".

At this point the rear ramp dropped and he stepped out into the Middle Eastern heat. It was sweltering outside and the men who were outside of vehicles huddled together in the limited shade provided by some of the taller trucks. Evan proceeded to the destroyed bridge and looked at the river flowing underneath it. Some yelling was heard behind him accompanied with the rumbling of a heavy vehicle. The bridge laying tank had finally arrived. He also heard another motor, this one coming from the river.

Evan waved at the approaching craft, a flare was fired from one of the trucks, signaling him as a friendly.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Australian Republic » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:13 pm

Corporal Martin Vincent, 2nd Patrol Section of the 2nd NSOC, Vakhsh River, Khatlon Province, Tajikistan
Vincent watched as the flare flew above the boats. Vincent hoped off the boat as they pulled up to the shore. “Good day mates, what can we do for you?”

Sergeant Jack O’Rourke, 1st Company of the 3rd Ranger Battalion, Tajik-Afghanistan Friendship Bridge, Khorugh, Tajikistan
“Shit! Hit the deck!” The burly sergeant dove behind a tree as the enemy F-22E opened up on the Rangers. They were holding but had taken heavy casualties. The mortars and Carl Gustavs were taking a toll on the enemy. “This is Ranger Three One. We are requesting more air support. Warthog Two Four is down and Warthog Two Three is heavily damaged. I have five enemy F-22Es here.”
“Ranger Three One, this is Ranger Three Actual. We are diverting interceptors to your location. ETA: Ten minutes. Call signs Raptor Six One through Six Ten.”
“Ranger Three Actual, where is the Ground Support that was inbound?”
“Ranger Three One, this is Ranger Three Actual. Ground Support was hit six miles east of your position. They are withdrawing until the sky is clear. We do have a MROC NSOC unit inbound via river. ETA: 30 Minutes. Ranger Three Actual out.”
O’Rourke then said over the headset: “Ok men, we are on our own until we clear the skies. Dig in and watch out. We are not losing this bridge.” The Rangers fanned out and dug in as they waited for reinforcements.

Flight Sergeant Mike Elliot, 2nd Squadron of the 8th Air Wing, over Khorugh, Tajikistan
“I am hit. I repeat, I am hit. Warthog Two Four is down and I am badly damaged. I have raptors in the sky.” All of the sudden, lights and alarms went off all over the cockpit. “Radar lock!” As the enemy F-22E fired the missile, Elliot pulled the cords on his ejector seat. The pilot shot out of his cockpit and into the air. As he tried to land near the Rangers, the wind took him too far and he was swept into Afghanistan……

The Ranger watched as the pilot of the A10 Warthog was sent into Afghanistan by the fierce winds. “Ranger Three Actual, this is Ranger Three One. Warthog Two Three has ejected into Afghanistan. Notify FOB Falcon, we have a downed bird.” Hundreds of miles away, a very advanced process started to get Elliot back. Special Operations Forces were moved into place, monitors watched the pilot and enemy forces, and very special documents were signed and sealed.

Lieutenant Rick Murphy, 1st Squad of the 1st Antitank Company of the 1st Fires Battalion of the 2nd Stryker Brigade, Khorugh, Tajikistan
“Fall back! I repeat fall back!” Murphy yelled into the headset. The first three vehicles had been obliterated by the AC130. The armored column began to retreat as the AC130 was reloading. Within five minutes, they couldn’t even see the smoke….

Flight Captain Kevin MacLeod, 6th Attack Wing, Khorugh, Tajikistan
“All Raptor Sixes, we have five enemy Raptors in the sky. Radar and heat guided missiles will not work. They don’t appear on radar and thanks to their super-cruising ability, we can’t get them with the heat seekers. We need to hit them with the Python Five missiles. They allow us to lock on to low-and-high energy targets. Raptors Six Two through Six Eight, come with me and lets hit the Raptors. Raptors Six Nine and Six Ten, I need you to lock onto the AC130. Gentlemen, we have a B-1R in the air. Use it. Call sign Mother Two. Raptors Six Nine and Six Ten, give it to Mother Two and then provide overwatch. Godspeed gentlemen.” The Raptor squadron flew into the battle zone and began targeting the enemy aircraft. “Fire Pythons and AIM-120s!” Ten Python 5 missiles flew toward the enemy squadron from the Raptor Six squadron. On top of that, four AIM-120s were deployed from the B-1R twenty miles away. The missiles flew toward the AC130 and F22s……

Official Press Briefing by Prime Minister Churchill
"Ladies and gentlemen. We have truly showed the world what happens when you attack one of us. We will protect Australian citizens worldwide. As some of you know, there are rumors that pilot has been shot down over Afghanistan. This is partly true. The pilot was shot down over Tajikistan but Central Asian winds swept the airman into Afghanistan. We are winning this war. The Tajik government has fallen and we have taken several key Tajik officials. We are not invading Afghanistan. We will not negotiate with terrorists either. But, we will get Flight Sergeant Mike Elliot back. That is a promise."

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:38 pm

1ST LT Jason Hobbs, Ensuing battle over Khorugh Friendship bridge:

"I'm hi...argghhh", I heard a yelp over comms as I watched 2ND LT James' cockpit get pelted with enemy fire.
"Shit, now we have a fight.", I stated pulling up to begin counter aircraft operations. Quickly I witnessed an enemy aircraft hunting down a friendly F-22E as the F-22E started to lose the dog fight and the engine caught fire I finally got behind the enemy aircraft and ripped a burst on him. As he pulled up I got a lucky break into his cockpit and fired my laser guided shredding the bastard's jet.

"Fuck you!", I yelled as the jet exploded into many pieces. Other aircraft had arrived to reinforce, as our 10 F-22E's , had been shaved down to four as one remained on AC-130 defense, while the AC-130 had taken hits she was still afloat. Those Aussie Missiles did a number by causing the brave F-22E pilots to Sac their planes for the greater good.

"Command, where are those reinforcements?", I called out over COMMS. Briefly waiting as I circled up to aide the AC-130 defense team.
"X-Ray One, this is command, reinforcements are less than five mikes out. Command, Out." I sighed in relief as another grouping of enemy aircraft started to make their way towards us. Breaking in defensive formation I baited one of the aircraft to pursue me as my wingman SFC Roberts acknowledged the formation and followed the enemy aircraft in pursuit belting him with MG fire causing him to pull off, the tactic worked, for now. We just needed to hold out for reinforcements...

SFC Nate Roberts, AC-130:

"We're hit, hang in their boys, two engines will need to be shut down while the emergency system works its magic.", the LTC came over the headset seemingly unconcerned as the big bird could still fly with two of four engines, and the blows to the engines could still have them operating at 50% capacity even with the damage, it would take time though. "The Raptors are on the defense right now, so Nate, get on that gun and give our ground boys some layway!", He stated seemingly joyfully.

As we had turned away from the tank column with it's tales between it's legs we turned to the ground troops below. Switching to the 40mm cannon I aimed at a mortar pit hitting our troops hard.

"Good-bye mortars.", I chuckled as I fired off all six rounds into the mortar pits, watching the rounds pop off in a seemingly perfect line over the mortar pits, "That should help you out Nick."

"Now for those ground troops..." I flipped back to the 105mm and pointed at a group of reinforcing troops "Now that's not fair boys...", As they seemingly had the Dynasty troops pinned down. "Now it will be fair!" Talking to myself once more as I squeezed the 'trigger' for the 105 as it rocked the airship once more. The Impact laid a large cloud of dust after the bridge, as the dry summer heat left the desert extra dusty. "Man I am good...", I chuckle to my own madness.

"Now for the topping on the cake...", I switched to the 25mm and began pelting anything I could see while the dust settled.

Captain Jack Stills, 8th Air Guardians:

As I spearheaded the formation of damn near twenty F-22E's over the mountain towards the Afghan-Tajik bridge Major Murray wanted so badly, I called out for 1LT Hobbs briefly.

"X-Ray One this is X-Ray actual, how copy?", Waiting for the reply.

"X-Ray Actual, we are getting are faces beat in right now, glad you're here!", Good old Hobbs always appreciated when our Ace's had to come in to save his guy's asses.

"Remember X-Ray One, this is a one time deal, Middle Eastern Command can't afford to dish out this much every battle.", I stated to remind him of the special circumstances we were operating under.

"Roger.", LT Hobbs simply replied, as I started to finally approach the battle.

"Alright men, weapons free, remember AC-130 will take care of the boys below our job is counter-air operations and the payload drop on the city ahead!", I shouted out as I flipped up my laser guided missile equipment.

"Yes sir!", the group replied.

"Well, here we go.", I muttered to myself as the battle became more and more clear below.

Major Frank Fryburg, 8th Armored Div, on approach to Kohurg:

"Major Murray this is Major Fryburg, do you copy?", I called out as we were roughly 15 minutes from the battle. I sat atop the middle M1A1 Abram convoy.

"Major Fryburg....." Gunshots interrupted Major Murray briefly.

"Major Fyburg, it's damn swell to hear your voice, what news do you have?", The sound of gunshots and explosions in the back round made it hard to hear him.

"MECOM knows this position is vital to your success here, we we're ordered to push the bridge, command will unleash the Apachi's and AirCAV once the skies are green." I relayed the messaged I had written earlier, somehow when talking to Major Murray I always forget something.

"Thanks for the update, what is your ETA?" Major Murray replied.

"About 10 mikes now, hang in there boys. Fryburg out." I signaled to the convoy gunners to close up the hatches as I pulled myself into my Abrams.

"Hurry up boys we have work to do."

"Yes Sir" My crew quickly replied, I hope the aircraft cleared the way...

Major Murray, The Bridge:
*Moments Ago*

"Sir, we are pinned down and taking heavy casualties!", My Sergeant Major relayed his concern for the longevity of our position. Gunfire was whizzing overhead as we had taken cover behind a blown LMTV, the last Abrams was putting up a valiant fight, but was smoking.

"BOOM!", The Abrams exploded as the concussion of the explosion threw me to the ground. My ears were ringing as I looked at the AC-130 in the sky while on my back. As my hearing came to I saw rounds leave the AC-130.

"BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!", Rounds popped off in the distance as the mortar fire suddenly stopped on our end. The AC-130 fired off a much larger round, as the sky crackled with noise above.

"BOOOMMM!", An explosion of epic proportions rattled the earth. "YEAH!!!" I could hear my men yelling from covered positions. Being pulled up by my Sergeant Major I looked across the bridge to see utter chaos threw the smoke.

"Now! We must advance now!" I shouted out to the men as the rear LMTV's had pushed back for cover. Grabbing troops near me, I pulled out my whistle and waved up the LMTV's to unload the men.

"CHARGE!!!" I shouted out to the dozens of men around me, as nearly hundreds more started to unload from the LMTV convoy taking cover. "We need the bridge head, MOVE!" I shouted leading the charge of men across into the chaos which was the frontline of our enemies. As we stepped onto the bridge I unloaded my M4A1 into a group of retreating soldiers, as they were grouping for something.

"Don't stop men, keep it moving!", I yelled picking up a soldier who tripped next to me. We neared the crossing of the bridge, as the chaos continued around us, the enemy fire seemingly missing my men by hairs. Slapping in one more mag I reached the other side of the bridge as I stepped across an enemy MG position appeared out of the smoke, as the gunner turned to fire.

"Take cov..." I yelled when all of a sudden another gift from above as the AC-130 belted the position the MG was contained in. The gunner was killed but shortly after another soldier had taken his place.

"Stay in cover men, Johnson give me that radio." I shouted as I flipped over one of my soldiers and ripped the radio off his back.

"Fire mission, fire mission, fire mission.", I shouted over the MG fire belting our makeshift cover.

"Go ahead sir.", A voice responded over the radio.

"Whiskey Gulf Zero, Won, Zero, Eight, Nine-r, Nine-r, Zero, Zero, Won, Too, Fire for effect!" I shouted as the MG fire wouldn't take long to compromise our current position, as troops on the bridge were pinned down from crossing over.

"Roger, on the way!", I heard a response briefly after, as the loud whistle of artillery shells in the air seemingly cancelled out all other noise.

"Hang on men, this should save our asses!" I yelled over to the boys on the cover across from me.
Last edited by The Murray Dynasty on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defcon:
[5]

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 am

Knight-Lieutenant-Commandant Evan Masters
13th Combined Arms Brigade Team

Just as the Australian forces arrived, as did the bridge layers. They quickly went to work spanning the bridge over the twisted metal rebar and chunks of concrete that was a bridge. Evan made a mental note that he would need some of the MP's in tow to set up a checkpoint here.

Evan stood near the bank of the river and had to shout over the sound of the tanks engines as it groaned to lift the bridge.

"Well boys I'm the commander of this brigade! We were supposed to receive orders from your command once we arrived!" He explained.

Nationine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationine » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
0700 Hours
Bekabad, Tashkent Region, Uzbekistan
Lieutenant John Slater, Commander, Alpha Company, JTF-2

The 35-year-old watched the company form up around him, behind him sat a LAV III. "Everyone, listen up. As you all know by now, Able Seaman Turner will be under observation in the infirmary until tomorrow. Regardless, we're going back to Khujand. However, some local informants are saying that the three-seven-six is no longer a safe route into the city. Now, I am well aware, as are you, local reports are by far the most sketchy. Be that as it may, higher still wants us on our toes. The thirty-first infantry are going to be our escorts, operating the Bison's and the LAVs. Fourth and second platoons will leave first, secure the route and then radio the first, third, fifth, and sixth platoons to roll out. The second convoy will be following behind the lead element at a stand off range of a kilometre and a half. Fourth platoon, you will be the lead element. Alpha section will be operating the EROC vehicles. Bravo section you will be riding in the Cougar, Charlie will follow behind the first LAV in their G-Wagons. Bravo section, second platoon, will ride in the first LAV, Charlie section will ride in the first Bison, Alpha section will be in their G-Wagons behind the Bison.

Front to back
Husky (Crew: A section, 4 platoon.)
Husky (Crew: A section, 4 platoon.)
Buffalo (Crew: A section, 4 platoon.)
Cougar (Crew: A section 4 platoon. Passengers: B section, 4 platoon.)
LAV III (Crew: 31 Infantry Division. Passengers: B section, 2 platoon.)
G-Wagon (Crew: C section, 4 platoon.)
G-Wagon (Crew: C section, 4 platoon.)
Bison (Crew: 31 Infantry Division. Passengers: C section 2 platoon.)
G-Wagon (Crew: A section, 2 platoon.)
G-Wagon (Crew: A section, 2 platoon.)

1A: Petty Officer 2nd Class Tawnie Fay (19, F) Section leader
2A: Leading Seaman Finn Mulligan (20, M) Support Gunner
3A: Able Seaman Emil Mihailovic (23, M) Designated Marksman
4A: Able Seaman Dave Ivanović (18, M) Combat Medic

5A: Master Seaman Marcel Buckley (30, M) FT Leader
6A: Leading Seaman Iris Bishop (18, F) Combat Medic
7A: Able Seaman Thomas Hendricks (21, M) Support Gunner
8A: Able Seaman Eun Song (20, M) Grenadier

1B: Master Seaman Alexei Kozel (34, M) Section Leader
2B: Leading Seaman Kirsteen McKenzie (22, F) Designated Marksman
3B: Able Seaman Eira Maddox (19, F) Support Gunner
4B: Able Seaman Marvin Bader (18, M) Combat Medic

5B: Leading Seaman Kirby Spalding (37, M) FT Leader
6B: Able Seaman Carmen Romano (23, F) Grenadier
7B: Able Seaman Madeleine McElhone (20, F) Combat Medic
8B: Able Seaman Jayden Turner (23, M) Support Gunner. Incapacitated, heat stroke.

1C: Sub-Lieutenant Isidora Barros (25, F) Platoon Leader
2C: Master Seaman Mika Jokinen (20, M) Support Gunner
3C: Able Seaman Gábor Jankovics (30, M) Combat Medic
4C: Able Seaman Effie McDougall (18, F) Designated Marksman

5C: Petty Officer 2nd Class Mongkut Metharom (24, M) FT Leader
6C: Leading Seaman Leopold Dubicki (19, M) Support Gunner
7C: Able Seaman Katina Marinos (20, F) Grenadier
8C: Able Seaman Otto Gulbrandsen (24, M) Combat Medic

1A: Sub-Lieutenant Steven Warner (31, M) Platoon leader
2A: Able Seaman Rachel Martina (28, F) Rifleman
3A: Able Seaman William Broom (25, M) Combat Medic
4A: Able Seaman Connie Lair (33, F) EOD Specialist

5A: Master Seaman Larry Hess (34, M) FT Leader
6A: Leading Seaman Joey Steiner (32, M) EOD Specialist
7A: Able Seaman Teresa Hunter (24, F) EOD Specialist
8A: Able Seaman Austin Fletcher (23, M) Rifleman

1B: Petty Officer 2nd Class Pierre Lessard (18, M) Section leader
2B: Able Seaman Leo Bunger (25, M) EOD Specialist
3B: Able Seaman Thomas Hollinger (19, M) EOD Specialist
4B: Able Seaman Joycelyn Scribner (23, F) EOD Specialist

5B: Leading Seaman Francis Joyce (25, F) FT Leader
6B: Leading Seaman Ann Kiss (20, F) EOD Specialist
7B: Able Seaman Leon Keel (22, M) EOD Specialist
8B: Able Seaman Jenna Thomas (20, F) EOD Specialist

1C: Petty Officer 2nd Class Peter Leaks (26, M) Section leader
2C: Leading Seaman Richard Wimmer (21, M) Combat Medic
3C: Able Seaman Thomas Davis (24, M) Designated Marksman
4C: Able Seaman Andrew Boland (19, M) Rifleman

5C: Master Seaman Mary Hedrick (18, F) FT Leader
6C: Leading Seaman David Troyer (22, M) Support Gunner
7C: Able Seaman Michael Kramer (18, M) Rifleman
8C: Able Seaman Nora Antonio (21, F) Rifleman
Last edited by Nationine on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:07 am

UZBEK-TAJIK BORDER VILLAGE

They took bathroom breaks, making use of the communal latrine. Otto was the first one done. He sauntered out to the truck, digging for his pack of Valley cigarettes from a shirt pocket. He fished one out of the pack, putting it tenderly to his lips as his other hand took hold of the lighter.
Just as he flicked a flame and began to ignite it, Matteo walked up.
"Come on, Otto. Time to load up and get back on the road."

"Hey, news flash since ya don't seem ta remember, Geek Squad. Yer not in charge! So stuff it!"

Mercinda had made it out to the truck, and cut in at that moment,
"That's right, Otto. I'm in charge. So stop the smoke suck, and get the fuck back in the truck."

Otto clapped and his smoke bobbed up and down in appreciation.
"Oh bravo, MC Merci!"

She winked.
"Ya like that, huh? They don't put a mic in front of my face fer nothin'...Seriously though, let's get movin'. We got the gear loaded up?"

"All due respect, but I am gonna finish this glorious fuckin' rolled masterpiece. Ya know I probably have the last fuckin' carton of Valleys this side of the multiverse?"

"Fine. Ya can finish yer 'glorious' smoke in the back with the gear."

"My fuckin' pleasure! You can sit up front with Harry Squatter here and Yoda the magical fartin' elf."

"Ugh...He is gassy isn't he?"

"Ya eat their food all day, ya would be, too."

"Food. We need to eat soon."
She climbed into the cab of the truck with that thought, leaving the two NETV men to stare at each other. Otto had climbed into the bed and was standing tall. Blowing blue clouds up to the sky.
Matteo reached for the last bag, on the ground just under the truck bed. That's when Otto leaped into action, hurdling the other gear in order to land next to Matti and slap his hand away in the same instant.

"Oww! What the..."

"Don't. Touch. That. Case....You fuckin' hobbit!"

"Oooh, so sorry I almost touched your camera."

"That's not just a camera! That's a H&S DVC 800. The top of the line standard for professional digital video recorders in Astyria. The best piece of technology to ever hop off the fuckin' island of Stretta. You treat it with respect, cuz that's my life you almost juggled away in yer puny catgirl hands!"

Matti snorted,
"Everyone is some kind of small, mythical creature in your world, aren't they? When do the jawas or ewoks skitter onto the scene?"

"Ain't they the ones runnin' from the Ozzies? Oh, no...My bad. That's the sand people."

Matti rolled his eyes and shook his head.
"Geez! You know, I thought it would be Mercinda's mouth that would get us in trouble, but I had that wrong..."

"This mouth is what gets this ugly, bald ass guy..." He levelled his thumbs at his chest, "...the ladies, pumpkin driver! Charisma, hunchiga. Pure cozzfickin' charisma!"
Otto grabbed his camera bag...His H&S DVC 800 case...and lifted it onto the truck, gently shoving it away from the hinged gate.

As Jamshid walked out from between two houses, he looked a bit distressed, but also determined.
Mercinda tried to intercept him to get his attention.
"We're going to need food, Jamshid. We haven't eaten in a long time. Also, it's getting dark. I would like to get back in the action here, but is it the best time to travel?"

The Tajik guide shook his head and rubbed at his beard.
"Needing for to be travel at night. It is for to be the best time to get across the border...However to be, it is also sometimes being dangerous the most of...Situation is changing to the forever in the war. We are of the needing to be of the most careful...so..."

"Right. Dangerous...The food?"

Jamshid looked back at one of the houses, where smoke was coming up from a vent in the roof. He pointed.
"We first to be eating...There. Then we to be going."
He waved his hand.
"Eating for the best of the food. Sister of mine to be making. We eat now come."

"Alright then. We eat."

Otto shook his head vigorously when Jamshid turned to head back to his sister's house. He made vomiting and heaving motions, exaggerating with his hand mimicking the vomit. Mercinda tried to ignore it, but smiled as his antics got to her.
"Let's go and eat boys. Quickly and we hit the road for this dangerous border crossing."

They had the meal and to Otto's astonishment, and the rest of their delight, the food was quite good and seemed to not be troubling on their systems. Immediately, anyway. Only time would tell for sure. They got in the truck with the gear once again and were off for a short ride. It was full and truly night now, and a sliver of a moon shone. Off in the distance, other lights...flashes. Intermittent lights, with the occasional far off popping were the only indicators that they were heading into a war zone.

While it could all go wrong right now, as they neared the border, Mercinda had confidence that all must go well. It had to. There was no other option but for them to continue on and succeed. Even should the Australians already have the border secured, they would wave their press passes and get through. Words and assurances from Press Secretary Williams had guaranteed that. So they hoped.

Sure enough, they were able to cross the border, but not because of the graciousness of the Australians, but that of the Tajik fighters that still held this pass. Either way, it made no difference to the NETV crew. They would do their job and work with who they had to to get the full, un-biased story.

As the sun dawned, they were able to see what a precarious trail that Jamshid had taken them on, and had new found respect for his guiding skills, if not his grammar skills in English. His cousin, the lieutenant was correct. Jamshid would not steer them wrong. The damage to the area became evident the further into Tajikistan they traveled. Dwellings were smashed by bombs. The roads were pockmarked, and smoke columns rose on the horizon. They were entering one of the levels of hell, but it was sure to be an introductory one compared to what they would come across soon enough. It was only a matter of time before they saw blood and bodies. For as much banter as the crew traded back and forth on a normal basis, they were very quiet now, soaking it all in. Otto took footage when he could. He was the only one out of all them who had served in a real war zone. Matteo and Mercinda had always covered domestic or regional pieces, diplomatic and cultural, if not outright fluff. Otto had been to Glisandia during the Yellow Star Republic invasion, so this was familiar, even though it was set in a different climate and culture. All the same it was heart wrenching to see it again.

Mercinda looked at Matti and out at Otto through grimy cab back window.
"I want us to get as close to the action as possible."

Even Matteo, the worrier and self appointed mother hen had to agree.
"That's the job we have come here to do. We can't stop short now, right?"

"Right." Merci affirmed.

"I feel it is being right." Jamshid felt the need to share.

Otto kept filming from a kneeling position as he threw over his shoulder
"Sure. Just tell me where to point and shoot."

They continued on down the road.
My Factbook

Dictatorship Of South Eaka
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dictatorship Of South Eaka » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:12 am

Location: Tajik-Afghanistan Friendship Bridge, Khorugh, Tajikistan, Captain Dmitry Kasov, 150th Fighter Wing "Black Tigers"
The Captain watches as a missile impacts Sako 1-4s jet, destroying it and yells out "Fuck, we lost Kasokin, alright boys spread out, we got work to do" the Captain is being followed by another F-22 but brakes causing the jet to go straight past him and thus getting the Captain on his tail, the Captain fires a 30mm burst hitting the fuel tank of the plane causing it go up in flames, he then watches as more of his wingmen go down with what seems to enemy reinforcements "Fuck damn it, this is Sako 1-1 requesting reinforcements, hostile forces have taken down most of my craft" "Sako 1-1, this is FRCT, roger that, were dispatching the 105th to reinforce you" "Good to hear" the Captain then spots what seems to be the squadron leader of the hostile craft and gains altitude to dive onto the SL, he gains altitude quickly and then dives onto the hostile craft firing a 30mm burst......

Location: Tajik-Afghanistan Friendship Bridge, Khorugh, Tajikistan,Captain Havosky Renov, 1st Infantry Regiment, 16th Mechanized Division "Black Bears"
The Captain is looking through his binocs, and gives orders to Pavlov "Load a AT rocket, and aim for that last Abrams" "Roger" Pavlov loads a rocket and aims the RPG-32 at the side of the Abrams "Alright, fire" Pavlov fires the RPG-32 it goes sailing straight for the tank hitting its ammo compartment causing it to go up in flames "Good shot, alrig-" the Captain is cut off when 40mm shells land near him at the friendly mortars causing his ears to ring "Fuck, ugh ah shit" he watches as infantry began charging down the bridge at them "Yashmin, come on" Yashmin however gets taken down "Oi, Raslan get on the PKP" Raslan mans the PKP and begans delivering rapid bursts down range, meanwhile the squads Designated Marksmen spots a enemy radio, and aims for it "Alright, come on 1...2...3.." he fires one shot from his SVDK which impacts the radio disabling it, and continues to engage hostile infantry. But then artillery shells start landing every where, "Ah shit fuck get down" a shell lands right next to the Captain causing his ears to ring once more "Not again" he stays down until he can hear again, he then takes out his laser designator and lases a group of infantry moving to take cover, "This is Dealer Actual, requesting air support" "Dealer Actual, this is Buffalo 1-1, roger, do you want an area covered or a precision strike" "Copy that Buffalo 1-1, requesting precision strike, I have target lased" "Understood Dealer Actual, moving in, by the way you owe me one at the base Husky" "Haha, alright man" soon Su-39s fly in and drop their payload of smart bombs which impact the location as accurately as possible, they then veer off and strafe infantry with their 30mm cannons. He then orders his AA specialist to ready his IGLA IV MANPAD "Usak, ready your MANPAD, and target that big hunk of metal in the sky over there" Usak prepares his IGLA IV and flips out the sight and aims it at the AC-130, he waits to get a lock on tntntntntnntntntntntnt...teeeeeeee, he gets a lock on and fires the MANPADS sending a missile straight towards the AC-130. "That should teach em not fire down at us"

Location: Fort Reskay, Uzbekistan,Colonel Raskovsky Tralinsky, Officer Core, Eakan Army, Eakan Armed Forces
The Colonel having been asked to release more information on the capture and status of the Tajik Colonel. Nubuck has sent a letter to many news agencies, including NETV 4. The letter states the following....

To: NETV 4, any Officials

The Eakan Defence Ministry is now allowing exclusive interviews of the captured Tajikistani high rank officer Colonel Nubuck, this is following a request by many news agencies to release more information on the capture and the current status of Colonel Nubuck, if you are interested please report to Fort Reskay in Uzbekistan with the pass provided in the letter sent to you.

Best Regards, Eakan Defence Ministry

Inside the letter is pass allowing access inside of Fort Reskay.....
Last edited by Dictatorship Of South Eaka on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member Of Task Force Atlas

Owner of a 2008 F350 XL

Nationine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
0832 Hours
A-376, East of Nau, Sughd Province, Tajikistan
Able Seaman Joycelyn Scribner, 4th Platoon, Alpha Company, JTF-2

The 23-year-old watched the road ahead carefully, sweat pouring down her face. The trip to Khujand was taking much longer than usual. She stood in the turret of the Cougar behind her C6 as the convoy crept along. Looking down she gave Thomas Hollinger a light kick. "Don't suppose you'd have another bottle of water down there." Thomas reached for another bottle and replied.

"Jesus, what's that, three in an hour or something? You know we can't stop for you to take a piss."

"Just shut up and give me the water." Crouching slightly Joycelyn reached for the bottle, unscrewing the cap she raised it to her lips, just then a deafen bang followed by an intense blast of heat threw her to the side of the turret. Swinging the C6 around she saw the cabin of the lead Husky arc through the air, underneath it a huge column of pavement, dirt, and metal spewed into the air. "Oh shit!" shouts of 'IED' followed soon after. Joycelyn screamed into the radio as she swung her C6 around scanning the area. "Husky one is down, I say again husky one hit an IED and is down!"

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
0832 Hours
A-376, East of Nau, Sughd Province, Tajikistan
Petty Officer 2nd Class Peter Leaks, 4th Platoon, Alpha Company, JTF-2

Peter felt the heat of the blast from behind the LAV, watching the cab arc through the air and land in the dirt a few metres from the road. The radio crackled to life ordering everyone to stay with their vehicles. Slamming on the brakes Peter put his LUVW into park and was out on the ground in seconds. As he ran he only heard the sound of his breathing, and his boots slapping the earth. The cab was on it's side, he climbed up and threw open the door, inside Leading Seaman Joey Steiner was still strapped into his seat and was already lighting a cigarette. The LS looked at him. A small trickle of blood ran down from under his helmet.

"These things are insured, right?" Joey asked playfully. Peter let out a sigh of relief and chuckled. The husky had experienced the worst case scenario and preformed just as it should have. The blast was large enough and caused the separation of the cab from the entire frame and axle assembly. Looking back at the now halted convoy and dismounted troops forming a defensive perimeter Peter realized just how exposed his was. Reaching down he cut the straps holding the Leading Seaman in place. Helping him out of the cab the two hurried back to the protection of the Cougar. As Peter sat watching Able Seaman William Broom examine the driver Sub-Lieutenant Steven Warner pulled him aside.

"I bet you feel like a real hero. Let me be the first to congratulate you for such a selfless act of idiocy. When we get hit by an IED no matter what happens we follow standard procedure. If there had been a secondary explosion what do you think would have happened to you? You were in violation of a direct order. If I ever see you doing any of that John Wayne, 'Yee Haw' shit again I am going to bust you up, understood?"

"Lima-Charlie, sir." Peter replied timidly.

"That being said, you did a good job pulling him out of there. Just don't do it again. Dismissed."
Last edited by Nationine on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Australian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 pm

The Australian looked at the commander and said: “Some help patrolling the border would be nice. But we haven’t seen a large insurgency attack yet. I would just set up a base camp and start patrolling the area. We will take care of the river.”
“This is Croc Actual, proceed to a location twenty-five miles northeast of your position. Ranger Three One is under attack and we are shuffling units east. Out.”
“Sorry mates, we got to go. Nice seeing you though. Good luck.” Vincent said as they pushed off from shore and headed upstream.

Sergeant Jack O’Rourke, 1st Company of the 3rd Ranger Battalion, Khorugh, Tajikistan
“This Ranger Three One, Broken Blade. I say again Broken Blade.” O’Rourke said into the radio as the enemy began moving across the bridge. The burly sergeant opened fire with his HK416 as they moved closer. Only two platoons were left. They held but needed immediate support. “Destroy the bridge. I say again, destroy the bridge. I am requesting immediate Copperheads. I repeat, immediate Copperheads. We will designate over.” Five M109 Howitzers of the 119th Field Artillery Regiment were loaded with Copperhead guiding projectiles. The Rangers used laser designators to mark the support beams of the bridge as the projectile flew in. “Three. Two. One. Impact!” The shells hit the bridges’ support beams. “Good hit. I say again good hit.” The bridge was severely weakened by this strike.

Flight Captain Kevin MacLeod, 6th Attack Wing, Khorugh, Tajikistan
“This is Raptor Six One, I have several more Raptors inbound requesting aid.”
“Roger Six One. Twenty more Raptors are inbound and Mother Two is still there. We have five Lighting IIs also inbound. Protect them, they are to destroy the bridge.” The giant B-1R began launching Python Vs at the incoming enemy Raptors as more Australian Raptors entered the fight. The F-35s swooped down and began to launch GBU-39 guided bombs at the bridge.

Captain John Overton, 11th Special Operations Group, Nau, Tajikistan
“Mako One, mission is a go. Irene. I repeat Irene. Go! Go! Go!” Two MH-6J Little Birds and Two AH-6I Gunships turned their lights on as the convoy pulled to within a hundred meters of the hovering helicopters. The convoy slammed on the breaks as the helicopters swarmed the convoy. Not a shot was fired but tension filled the air. The gunships watched the three enemy vehicles as the transports unloaded the Task Force Mako operators. Overton and another operator watched the first vehicle as the same was done with the other two vehicles. The four remaining operators went to the middle vehicle and pulled out the man in the backseat. As they began to walk the prisoner to the helicopter, Overton watched the moment he dreaded become a reality. The driver in his vehicle made a quick move for his pistol under the seat. Overton put two bullets in him immediately. Unfortunately, this caused a chain reaction in all the vehicles. Mako operators dispatched several rounds in to the convoy members as they loaded into the choppers. The convoy was destroyed, but they had their target, Captain Benham Rasheed….

Meanwhile, at FOB Falcon……
The room became alive as several different things began to happen. Convoys were sent in the direction of the Rangers and air armadas were launched. Broken Blade was the ultimate destress call for the Australian military. It meant that it was close-fire, throw-everything-you-got, emergency go time. The headquarters dispatched an armored battalion, the Mounted Battalion, and a stryker Battalion in the direction of the Rangers. F-22s were scrambled and several F-15Es were sent to monitor the situation but stayed a safe distance away. Artillery was also moved into position. The bridge was either gonna be destroyed or captured by force.
While the battle was still ranging in Khorugh, they also had to recover that downed pilot. The First Squad of Bravo Company of the 5th Ranger Battalion was designated to carry out this task. They were preparing for the cross border raid at an undisclosed location in Southeast Tajikistan. They quickly began preparing for launch at 0100 on August 4th, 2015. The air armada consisted two RAH-66 Comanches, two CV-22G Osprey gunships, and one HV-22 SAR Osprey.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Knight-Lieutenant-Commander Evan Masters
13th Combined Arms Brigade Combat Team

Evan stood on the new temporary bridge that just got installed. As he watched the Australian troopers disappear down the river he couldn't help but wonder how strange it was that a corporal would be giving a brief to a general officer such as himself. He dispelled the notion as he walked back to his Brigade, still loafing around, smoking or whatever it is they were doing. A small ladder was on the side of the vehicle, as he climbed one of his staff had retrieved a megaphone from inside Bär.

He stood up straight, with the desert wind blowing softly against his jacket, whipping against the wind. This image of their battle hardened leader made nearly every soldier in the immediate vicinity quit their action and turn their gaze towards him. The device was lifted up to his lips and he began his speech.

"Attention!" rang out over the convoy.

"We are occupying this area, holding this bridge and patrolling the border! Now you all know your duties, we will establish a forward operating base on the other side of this river. I want it up by tonight!" He yelled through the mouthpiece.

Almost instantaneously, every vehicle roared to life again and headed right over the bridge and stopped about two to three hundred yards from the road on the other side. Men began setting up tents and other temporary structures while other soldiers from the 1st Battalion, 82nd Infantry moved their vehicles into a defensive perimeter until better structures could be placed.

Within an hour a crude FOB was already set up, several tents were huddled together with the command Bär set up in the middle. It had powerful communications equipment but the commo guys from the 1022nd support battalion would have to erect field antennas to get further communications abilities.

Since the Aussies that greeted them had taken off towards the northeast for a troops in contact mission, Evan decided that a patrol would be in order. A platoon of M2A2 Feurig main battle tanks mounted up and headed in that direction.

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:08 am

:p Major Murray, The Bridge:

"Sir, Operation Lights Out has been called! Prepare for impact!", My radioman hidden away in the now entrenched mouth of the falling apart bridge called out.

"ADVANCE!", A missile made impact with the bridge as the infrastructure began to collapse. Roughly a company's worth of men had established a 'beach head' of sorts. The men of the Elites were preparing to break off as the EMP neared, while my duty was to destroy all ground troops for the inevitable ground only warfare to ensue. The men of B Co. were divided between the bridge as she finally collapsed while the skies above looked like a fourth of July party.

"Well at least air warfare will be out of the picture...", I chuckled to the

A gunner had snuck across with his .50cal gun ready to mount. We collectively were gathered behind a few mountain boulders which had settled here years ago. The men had collectively dug large entrenchments around the rocks collectively unpacking their rucksacks for the long haul. What remained of the bridge was ours, so the rafts being pushed up from the rear will have to do to cross the river. As the gunner setup the tripod he jumped down into the trench and the collective group moved the gun out into the line of fire. The group had placed a steal plate on it, and stacked two rucks so the man could see through the vision glass.

"FIRE!" I shouted as the air grew quiet while the enemy realized what they had seen. BUM BUM BUM BUM The fifty began to roar and utterly silence the ground troops as they were being ripped apart. Noticing the limited amount of troops at the front it was our time to fully secure the front.

Pushing men out of the trenches I shouted, "Advance!", as the fifty shredded the makeshift cover the Aussie's were using. Approaching the first cover I poked my gun around the cover. Squeezing my M4A1's trigger I unloaded several bursts before turning the corner with my body. Laying before were eight Aussie soldiers appearing to have attempted to run while they were surprised.

"Kill them all!", I shouted as some of the men retreated for better cover, the Fifty dumped out on them like a fly swatter. It was a beautiful sight as we started to make progress here.

Mountain side base, 150 miles from The Bridge:

The silo opened up as smoke poured out of the hole. The large ICBM sized missile began to peak out of the deep crevasse preparing to launch the very expensive and limited EMP to burn out all electronics in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. The thruster began to launch as the ever quiet mountainside was filled with air and smoke. "Lift off!", A voice echoed over an intercom in the distance. The missile thrusters pushed out more flames as the missile began its short journey out to Tajikistan. The six separate bombs would exit the ICBM shortly and detonate just out of range to do civilian damage, but would destroy electronic capabilities for all equipment.

SFC Roberts AC-130:

"BOOM!" A huge impacted ripped a large hole in the rear of the vessel. I could feel the suction pulling me towards the the rear, but my bolted in seat with seatbelt kept me still.

"Dump the payload, we are bailing out!", the LTC placed over the radio as I could see him throw the bird in auto pilot and railing up for a jump.

"Well it was fun boys.", I sighed as I squeezed the 105mm trigger one last time staring at the retreating ground troops as my electronics crapped out. The firing of the 105mm seemingly steadied the decent to level the old girl out, but it was a bust as the LTC pulled the emergency door hatch. He quickly jumped out as his ripcord was pulled, hooking up I walked out as the final one out to his co-pilot.

"You done good old girl!" I shouted smacking the old metal of 'Old Reliable', I exited out of the AC-130 feet first as my ripcord was pulled by the rail system. Gliding down I saw the old girl slowly fall apart in mid air, burning down to earth in flames.

Relaxing as the winds carried me ever so wonderfully into Afghanistan I saw a mid-sized singular missile coming in the distance. A burst let out a large spark of light, but not flames or mushroom, as I watched in awe.

"Oh my god... It worked!", I shouted beginning to burst out laughing with utter joy. I watched as aircraft began to collide and drop like flies.

"I hope they like a crashing death", I chucked to my insanity, as my comms eched out. Knowing many of my friends of the Air battalion were already dead to begin with, at least they took them all with them.

The EMP's began to detonate in six key locations across Tajikistan to cover the map in six very large pulse circles which even covered parts of neighboring allied countries.

Major Murray:

As hell began to rain on earth, I knew the real war could begin. Dropping my electronic equipment I signaled for the men at the river crossing of roughly a Brigade's worth at this point to start pushing the inflatable rafts.

"Alright men, this was the plan all along, you know your objectives, lets get this done!", The men seemingly untouched as the debris of the men in the sky seemed to land away from the battlefield.
Defcon:
[5]

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 am

KHUJAND, SUGHD PROVINCE, TAJIKISTAN

The NETV news crew continued further into Tajkistan with their guide, Jamshid, at the wheel of the battered old pick up truck. There were signs of destruction everywhere, even some burning or charred T-62 tanks and other armored vehicles were scattered just off the roads. Bodies were not evident, though, and it was certain that someone was collecting them up after the actions.

Soon enough, they came across their first Nationite checkpoint. The soldiers were very thorough, checking under the truck and through the bed, even though the Neu Engollians flashed their press passes and waved any paper work that the soldiers could care to see. Mercinda let them continue, as they had nothing to hide.

When they picked up the camera bag with Otto’s gear, he was livid, but there wasn’t too much he could do at gunpoint. Merci kept a hand on his shoulder, just to be sure. In any case, they were delicate enough with it, returning it to its case and putting the batteries back into their sleeves, along with the charger.

As they were waved on, Otto grumbled, coming down from the rage over his precious camera.
“Who are these cozzfickin’ yahoos, anyway? Where are tha Ozzies?”

Matti leaned back,
“We’re not near their sector. This is the Nationite sector. One of many different peacekeeping sectors. There’s a lot, and I mean...A LOT of nations that jumped in on this dogpile....”

Merci smirked,
“An Islamo-autocratic despotic regime with the support of a commie terrorist group? What’s not to love to hate? Everyone wants in on a bit of that glory to say they helped pound them down.”

Jamshid remained extremely quiet, looking at the Nationites vehicles and troops they passed on the road apprehensively. Soldiers looked back with stony faces, but an odd occasional one smiled, and even waved. The Tajik guide finally spoke,
“Come up for to the area being of called Khujand. Seeing of another blocking to the road to the ahead for us.”

“Okay...We’ll go ahead and stop. I need to get an interview with one of their top dogs anyway.”
Mercinda was primping in the sideview mirror as she said this, doing her best to brush off some of the road dust and look semi-presentable.
“Jamshid, pull over to the side there where they’re directing you to go.”

She was out of the truck with press pass in hand as assault rifles bristled. She also had the stamped paper they’d gotten at the last checkpoint.
“Hey! Come on, boys! Calm it down. We got our papers in order! Press! Press!...I need to talk to your head honcho.”

After some harsh words about not following procedure, she was led to a shack, and some calls were made. After a few minutes, Mercinda walked back towards the truck. She sighed, leaning on the side of the truckbed, rather than climbing back into the cab.

Matteo couldn’t hold his curiosity any longer.
“Well...What’s the story? They grant you an interview?”

“Yes...Yes, they did. With a platoon commander.”

“Well, that’s...what? A Captain...Lieutenant? That’s the best they could do?”

“Guess so.”

“So, what are you gonna do?”

“I’m gonna interview him like he’s still a top dog. One of the top dogs. Same questions. We’ll see how well this low level guy can answer. The Nationites want ta look like doofs on International news, that’s their business, accorzu? Right?”

After getting their gear together, the crew were led towards the far end of the village in Khujand.
The Company was busy getting out of their vehicles to begin a patrol. The 4th Platoon Commander walked along the vehicles as his platoon was disembarking and preparing for the patrol. He wouldn’t stop as Merci tried to catch up and get level with him.

“Hi, I’m Mercinda Deneux, of NETV 4 News. For the camera, can you please identify yourself with name, rank and the position you are fulfilling here in Tajikistan?”

The Nationite officer turned to Otto, holding the camera. He had a calm and confident demeanor.
“I am Sub-Lieutenant Steven Warner. I am thirty-one years old, and the commander of the Fourth platoon, of Alpha Company, JTF-2. My platoon consists of twenty-four men, including myself. Fourth platoon is the engineering platoon, basically it means that we handle any of the engineering needs of the company, this includes bridge laying, vehicle recovery, as well as mine clearing among other things.”

Mercinda nodded, getting on a role,
“Why has your nation contributed troops to the coalition effort against Tajikistan?”

Sub-Lt. Warner took a minute to think as he continued to slowly walk along. “Why? Well... I mean the world has been watching Tajikistan for a while, we are here to keep the peace, we are trying to help these people and keep this whole situation from getting worse.”

“Worse indeed. Things seem to be better in hand now. Considering the collapse of the Tajikistan government and with the military disintegrating, high government and TCM officials on the run, what is the next step for your force?”

She could tell that Warner was starting to lose focus, watching his troops as they were about to move out.
“Again, Mercinda, we are a peacekeeping force, our mission is to ensure that hostilities remain at a minimum. I should say, ensure all hostilities are eliminated but, well that's just not realistic.”

“Not realistic?”

“I haven't been here that long but from what I've already seen a complete ceasing of hostility is completely unrealistic.”

Mercinda plowed on,
“So then, this is definitely going to turn into an insurgency, you’re saying? If you all do stay as part of the peacekeeping and rebuilding effort, are you prepared to take casualties from guerrilla attacks and IEDs?”

Warner looked stern and serious.
“We are prepared for casualties, of course we will do everything possible to ensure that all casualties of coalition troops and Tajiks are kept to an absolute minimum.”

“I see. When will the mission be accomplished? Is your nation prepared to commit more forces if necessary to achieve goals?”

Warner, the Nationite junior officer, was becoming irritated. He answered in an exasperated tone,
“I have no idea. This will end when the Tajiks decide to stop shooting. That's it for questions.”
Warner walked away and signaled for his platoon to form up and begin the patrol.
Mercinda lowered her microphone as Otto tracked the Nationite officer from the back, and panned out to get the whole patrol in as they headed out with the setting afternoon sun to their backs. They looked like many other western style forces, with helmets with technical gear attached, body armor over appropriate camo for the environment, and various ammo pouches, grenades and such strapped to web gear. Their assault rifles were held low and out, ready for trouble, but not quite at the ready position.

Matti walked up, shaking his head.
“Well, that went well.”

“I knew that would happen. It really fits in perfectly to how I figured this would all go down. The questions were slightly above his level, but I’ll say for a sub-lieutenant, he did surprisingly good. Lasted longer than I thought.”

“What now? It’s going to get dark and cold soon.”

“Well, that’s up to Jamshid, but...I’d like to try to keep pushing on a bit more, see if we can’t move out from the Nationites and find another sector. I do want to interview some Australian grunts at some point soon. Maybe a few other ‘extra nationality’ peacekeepers. Then get some civilian perspective in there. Find a smashed farmhouse or something. Dead livestock, relatives and such.”

“Merci, don’t get all crass on me.”

“Matti, we’re here to get a story. That’s all part of the story, sweetcheeks, so get used to it. Let’s saddle up.”

Much thanks to Nationine for the interview. Get in touch with me if you want to schedule one.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents