NATION

PASSWORD

Novus Universale Regional Roleplay

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nova Vermontia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vermontia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Return to the Gold Standard

A bill has entered the Vermontian House of Representatives, stating that the nation will slightly decrease in order to allow for paper bills to be backed by gold. This would be gradually phased in, over 1-2 years. In the house, the bill passed, 81-69. When it entered the Senate, after a short filibuster, the bill passed 20-10. ''Our economy is going to see not very much deflation, as the inflation rate is only 0.2%.'' writes Conservative Republican House Minority Leader Donald H Turner.

Facts about the vote in the House:
  • 34 Democrats voted Yea, 51 Voted Nay
  • 4 Progressives voted Yea, 2 Voted Nay
  • 5 Independents voted Yea, 1 Voted Nay
  • 37 Republicans voted Yea, 13 Voted Nay

Facts about the vote in the Senate:
  • 12 Democrats voted Yea, 8 Voted Nay
  • 2 Progressives voted Yea, 1 Voted Nay
  • 7 Republicans voted Yea, 0 voted Nay
Last edited by Nova Vermontia on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A freedom loving Libertarian
Member of the United Kingdom
Member of NATO

Helensted
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Helensted Forms the League of Mediterranean Nations!

Postby Helensted » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:14 am

HELENSTED WEEKLY

Helensted Forms the League of Mediterranean Nations
The Prime Minister of Helensted, Edmund Gray, released that he recently created the League of Mediterranean (and Black Sea) nations! The League of Mediterranean Nations invites all nations with territories that connect to the Mediterranean or Black seas to join Helensted in a massive economic alliance. Currently, the nations that pass the criteria to join the League of Mediterranean nations are: Helensted (allready a member,) Segentaea, Greater Valdosta, Italy, Byzantium, and Azerbaijan. The League of Mediterranean Nations' main goal is to spread friendship and trade around the Mediterranean region. Stay tuned for more info.

Helensted Responds to Italy's independence
Following Greater Valdosta's granting of Italian independence, the United Kingdom of Helensted has sent diplomats to inspire friendship in the Italian region. Helensted recognizes Italian independence and hopes to become a strong ally of Italy. However, Edmund Gray warns Italy to drop it's ego of Italian supremacy, and instructs that Italy should let Greater Valdostan citizens reside in its borders. Stay tuned for more info.

Map of Italy
αν πεθάνεις πριν πεθάνεις,
δεν θα πεθάνεις όταν πεθάνεις

Segentaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Segentaea » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Helensted wrote:
HELENSTED WEEKLY

Helensted Forms the League of Mediterranean Nations
The Prime Minister of Helensted, Edmund Gray, released that he recently created the League of Mediterranean (and Black Sea) nations! The League of Mediterranean Nations invites all nations with territories that connect to the Mediterranean or Black seas to join Helensted in a massive economic alliance. Currently, the nations that pass the criteria to join the League of Mediterranean nations are: Helensted (allready a member,) Segentaea, Greater Valdosta, Italy, Byzantium, and Azerbaijan. The League of Mediterranean Nations' main goal is to spread friendship and trade around the Mediterranean region. Stay tuned for more info.

Helensted Responds to Italy's independence
Following Greater Valdosta's granting of Italian independence, the United Kingdom of Helensted has sent diplomats to inspire friendship in the Italian region. Helensted recognizes Italian independence and hopes to become a strong ally of Italy. However, Edmund Gray warns Italy to drop it's ego of Italian supremacy, and instructs that Italy should let Greater Valdostan citizens reside in its borders. Stay tuned for more info.

Map of Italy
(Image)

Segentaea accepts the offer to join.
#YangGang
Proud Born Again Christian
Member of the Democritus Region

----------------------Segentaea----------------------

Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Auraluxian Times

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Nova Auraluxia Colonizes Switzerland
For a long time, Switzerland was awkwardly in the middle of many nations. Today, Iisakki Terho decided to change that. A colonization mission of Switzerland was planned, and then executed. As tanks and Delta troops landed on Switzerland, the population surrendered to the Nova Auraluxian troops. Switzerland will be made a fellow colony of Nova Auraluxia, the first European colony in fact, since Portugal has the same level of autonomy as any other state (besides controlling the tax rate). The Auraluxian troops are engaging in both normal and guerrilla warfare against rebels...
Artillery hidden under cottage house
“Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.”

― Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Emprus Vyblium
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Emprus Vyblium Conquers Thailand

Postby Emprus Vyblium » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:37 pm

On Thursday July 30th, The Emprussian Army led by Battle Commander Azmos Thylon conquered the small armies of the largely underpopulated region of Thailand. With B.C. Amzos's army of 12,000 troops exemplifying effortless tactical skills on the battlefield, he only lost 1034 soldiers in the conflict.
4000 Troops on EV War-boats traveled down the three main river of Thailand, The Chao Phraya, The Mun, and The Ming, With the Chao and Ming river teams meeting the the river fork and the Mun team setting up defensive and scout sniper teams to barricade and suppress the Thai Army inside of Bangkok. With defensive positions in place, the offensive south river teams executed a mortar and surface to air missile barrage, moving several thousand feet every 30 to 50 rounds. Defensive sniper teams neutralized all guard towers and ground troop defense, while scout snipers, Equipped with anti-tank rifles, annihilated all personnel vehicles in the area. Then, Elite teams from all three divisions entered the city with advanced armor systems and satchel charges, performing building to building personnel sweeps, all military building being destroyed by the satchel charges and other explosives. Team EV-779, the most elite team in the Emprussian army, was dispatched to handle the execution of political bodyguards, and beginning the discussion of Thailand's Surrender.
Later that day Prime Overseer of EV was flown in to speak to the leader of Thailand. After several hours of deliberation, it was decided that Thailand would be surrendered to the Emprussian government permanently and without question.

The Prime Overseer is immeasurably grateful to the troops who did lose their lives in this conflict, and will be sending support packages to those soldiers families for the next 25 years.

by EV1 News

Emprus Vyblium
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Emprus Vyblium's Bloodless Appropriation of Albania

Postby Emprus Vyblium » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:22 pm

On Thurdsay July 30, the Emprussian government Seized control of Albania in a non-violent but forceful manner. Absolute Commander of EV's military, Hydrus Anagoras, marched 15,000 troops into the nations capital, Tirana, showing complete willingness to fight and vanquish. The Albanian government, being small and having little military to speak of, surrendered its capital to Emprussia. The City will be converted into the Capital city of EV according to the Mediterranean Trade agreement. The city will become the nations economic hub, and bring large amounts of wealth to the Emprussian economy.
Prime Overseer, William Snow only commented the famed Vybliuman motto, "Empires march in the way of destiny" before disappearing into the crowd of diplomats.

By EV1 News

The Union of United Italian Peoples
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Italy to Trade!

Postby The Union of United Italian Peoples » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:11 pm

Italy to Trade!

The Union of United Italian Peoples is currently looking for trade partners, and the consuls have chosen Nova Auraluxia as a viable candidate. Italy hopes Nova Auraluxia accepts this offer and forms an economic pact to help further the Italian economy. Italy also accepts Helensted's offer to join the League of Mediterranean Nations, and hopes to find many good trade partners there. Italy also wishes to sign an economic pact with Emprus Vyblium.

Segentaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Segentaea » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:11 pm

The Union of United Italian Peoples wrote:
Italy to Trade!

The Union of United Italian Peoples is currently looking for trade partners, and the consuls have chosen Nova Auraluxia as a viable candidate. Italy hopes Nova Auraluxia accepts this offer and forms an economic pact to help further the Italian economy. Italy also accepts Helensted's offer to join the League of Mediterranean Nations, and hopes to find many good trade partners there. Italy also wishes to sign an economic pact with Emprus Vyblium.

Segentaea wants to trade with The UIP.
#YangGang

Stalinist Crimea
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalinist Crimea » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:21 pm

The glorious communist revolution has once again entered our world! The old dominion of the Crimean Khanate has been annexed by the glorious revolution, under President Victor Romanov! All non-communists in the Crimean region have been executed by the masses in all of the major cities across Stalinist Crimea! Any enemies to glorious communist state will be tried and sentenced to death. If any foreign nation interferes with Crimean business the government of Stalinist Crimea promises that you will pay for your disgusting deeds.

Inside Crimea: The rise of Stalinism started in the capital city of Stalinist Crimea, Sevastopol. Businessman and politician, and most importantly father of the Stalinist Crimean people, was disgusted with the Ukraine's capitalist ways, so he fixed this with a very popular uprising. Now capitalists are murdered by the thousands, and all members of the party (virtually everyone) must live and die for the Crimean government.

Victor Romanov refuses to join the League of Mediterranean Nations for its disgusting capitalist tendencies.

Emprus Vyblium
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Emprussian Gov. Prevails in Northern Canada

Postby Emprus Vyblium » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Emprussian Forces, lead by Field Commander Nyel Dinium, overthrew the British Colombian, Albertan, And Saskatchewan territories of Canada. Dimium implemented new EV-DO tactics with ground warfare awareness devices, creating a strain of military combat now known as ISAM (Integrated Situational Awareness Maneuvering). With this system of engagement, the E-DO-S001 (Emprussian Dark operatives sector 1) was able to move undetected into major cities in all three regions. Travelling in teams of 33 the soldiers they were able to silence almost all military bases before word got out. Once the alarm sounded, most of the cities troops were compromised, leaving government official vulnerable to attack. At 13 hundred hours, all death teams withdrew from the city lines, forming a circular shape in geographic relation, Dumping massive amounts of MA-TH-iAs Nerve gas into city water and air filtration systems. Farther out teams, located in the forested regions, Ignited Chlorine Triflouride Incendiary Bombs (ICTI's) and began burning the dead wood on the forest floor while teams of Air bombardiers flew overhead dumping Liquid Hydrogen into the engulfed woodland. Attacked cities lost considerable amounts of life in the fires and by inhalation of nerve agents.
Later that day the representatives of each region surrendered to Emprussia.
No governmental body wishes to make any statements on this operation.

By EV1 News

Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Auraluxian Times

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:39 pm

International

Stalinist Nation Enters Novus Universale

Today, a nation following Stalinism AKA Stalinist Crimea entered Novus Universale. Nova Auraluxia and an ally have been discussing about this nation. While Edward didn't manage to leak more information, Edward is confident that Nova Auraluxia and its "ally" are planning to do some intervention of some sort.
So I know you are probably going to rat me off, but I feel that there is corruption in our government. Today I found out that Nova Auraluxia, and an ally which I couldn't identify were speaking about Stalinist Crimea. I have a bad feeling about this. I feel that if they intervene Helensted and Greater Valdosta might declare war on us. And it seems as if our government is preparing for war. I think that the "accident" of a dense magnet almost hitting New Zealand by an electromagnetic gun is not a scientific advancement that went wrong, but rather a preparation of war. I know more, but I feel that I'm not safe here, and definitely not in other places where even more corrupt governments spread their influence. In Helensted, the people proudly show off their corrupt government, I'll seek isolationism.

Political & Militaristic

• Colonization of Western Canada

Recently, Emprus Vyblium has started colonizing Canada. Nova Auraluxia had shown its support for Emprus Vyblium as it gave aid to the Vybliumians settlers. However, Nova Auraluxia is also leading its own colonization mission. As of now, the majority of the local government are willing to join Nova Auraluxia. However, a few resisted. The most notable rebel city was Calgary, where the Canadian rebels used guerrilla tactics, but ultimately failed as 1,500 Delta Soldiers reinforced the area. The Canadian rebels fled to other cities and seem to have no form of communication. Vyblium and the Auraluxian government have agreed to split up Canada, although the treaty is not exactly made as of now and as of currently, borders in Western Canada between these two nations are pretty much non existent.

• Chief Justice trialed for corruption

Today, the Chief Justice of Nova Auraluxia, Adriana Marika was trialed for corruption after she allege lied to police about a bank thief, feeding false information. This let the thief still billions of Mintcoins, while the police where in other areas. Today, Adriana Marika was trialed for corruption and for shielding a thief, and will be barred from participating in the government.

Daily News

• Twins die after hacker hacks car
    Today, something tragic happened. A hacker who's identity is currently anonymous has hacked a car and purposely crashed it. Taking the lives of a brother and sister cruelly by purposely destroying the car. After that several citizens have expressed doubts about self driving cars. The government tried to assure its people that self driving cars are safe, and save more lives than end. Vice president Liesel was shocked and saddened by the incident.
    How could somebody be so cruel... To purposely... Take the lives of twins... Who hadn't even reached adulthood...

Nova Auraluxia has deemed the hacker a murderer, and will face severe punishments when caught.

• Bank Thief caught red handed
    Today the Bank Thief, which got a reputation for stealing billions of Mintcoins and being guarded by Chief Justice, was caught. The Bank Thief will face 3 years in prisons, too prevent mobs of angry people from attacking him when he gets out of prison, the government isn't releasing any data about the thief until later. It is actually quite a shame, since then the Daily News section might have been larger.

Technology

1 Petabyte Flash-drives for 10 Mintcoins!

Today Microtech, a new startup company famous for its miniature technology products, released a flash drive of a whopping petabyte, for 10 Mintcoins and only half an inch wide and a quarter of an inch tall. That is correct, a thousand terabytes. Today we interviewed CEO of Microtech Photios Dorotheos about this amazing product. This is the conversation brought exclusively through Auraluxian Times.
  • Interviewer
    • So yesterday you revealed the Nova-Drive, a petabyte flash drive. Can you tell me a bit about the Nova Drive?
  • Photios
    • So the idea came into my head when I was bringing over 15 flash drives in my pockets (sweater, pants and shirt). In my home, I had linked up 150 petabytes drives to act as a single one. You're probably wondering why I needed so much space. The reason is that I was programming Skynet, unfortunately the government didn't have enough funds for everything. So I funded Microtech to collect a bit of revenue. With the revenue I built the largest RAID network ever. However, even that was not enough, Skynet was too big. Eventually I decided to play around with the file types, until I finally invented a way to compress memory, a LOT... Well I used that knowledge to build the Nova Drives and possibly profit a bit from them.
  • Interviewer
    • I have a question though? How did you gain so much knowledge about computing?
  • Photios
      When I was seven years old, actually 6 and a half, my father showed me the world of computing. I wasn't exactly thrilled at that time about having to use a computer. The thing that I associated the computer was two things... YouTube and Typathon, AKA Typing Test Designed to Torture Fellow Students By Making You Memorize Every Single Key In The Keyboard... This actually the reason I can type without seeing as fast as I am typing, which is currently 158 Words Per Minute. However, when I actually got interested in computers was with Angry Birds. I wanted to create my own game that would rival it in popularity. So I started taking code lessons, I studied for hours without stop. I would not even take leisure. However, in the end I released Word Play, which while a marvel of programming did not appeal to the jock dominated nation. Okay, I know that jocks from here in other parts of the world would be considered nerds, but it seems better than saying an alternative.
  • Interviewer
    • Can you tell us a bit about Word Play?
  • Photios
    • When I was younger I was obsessed with Scrabble, and everyone in school also liked it. I was one of the few people to actually own the physical copy of Scrabble, it was a prized family possession since physical copies of Scrabble were not made in the Auralux anymore. So you might wonder why not just import an English version from abroad. Well that is because Nova Auraluxia has its own native language... What did you expect, decedents of Eskimos to learn English which existed in the Anglo territories by themselves. By the way our native language is, technically I wonder if it even is spoken today, the last time I heard a word spoken in that language was like 13 years ago. I seemed to have forgotten a bit. I still have one of those old dictionaries which translated from the language to English. I'm going to try to find it and relearn it. Bye...
  • Interviewer
    • Wait, please... Okay, that's the end of the interview.
“Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.”

Emprus Vyblium
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Canadian Emprussians Suffer From Residual Nerve Agents

Postby Emprus Vyblium » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:31 pm

"The Emprussian states of Canada are sick! What have you done! This is not natural or right!, you are lucky you aren't being hung!" says General of Medical Affairs to P.O. William Snow at a congregational meeting of public health. Snow was completely unaware of his citizens becoming ill with the nerve agent known as MA2-Th2A-iAS. Later that week Snow addressed the Chamber of Policy and The Supreme Justice Inspector, Hymaxus Adderath,
"My actions are clearly indicative of reckless and thoughtless governing, and though these actions were my own, I truly was unaware of there affect on my people. The beast, it lives in the light, with all thoughts crimson and vile, a living tribute to the human sickness, and I myself, like all, am afflicted. Do not become as hateful as I in brash accusation, but pause and examine the humanity behind pressure and stress, for I am not the villain, though I am human." The statement moved the Chambers enough to rethink imprisonment or impeachment. Later that week P.O. Snow visited the beds of the victims, and visibly wept bitterly seeing first hand, his doing. Snow promises to move all priorities to the construction of state of the art water and air filters as replacements, and a stipend from his personal treasury to the families of the affected.
Days later Chief Emissary of Environmental Health distributed health portfolios to citizens as an effort to keep infection under control.

A shortened version is included here:

Early Signs of Infection
-Sweating
-Deep frontal headache
-Random loss of consciousness
-Nose bleeds
-Jaundice
-Twitching
-Uncontrollable anemia
-Pulmonary Edema
-Irregular heart beat
-Difficulty Swallowing/Urinating/Seeing/Hearing/Smelling

Late Signs of Infections:
-Total Organ Failure
-MOF
-Systemic shock
-Massive Pulmonary Embolism
-Pericardial Infarction
-Brain Aneurysm
-Auditory and Visual hallucinations
-Paralysis

Summary of MA2-Th2A-iAS:
Nicknamed "MATHIAS" is a Extremely toxic ultra-light synthetic nerve agent. It has a 57% mortality rate if left untreated, and a 0% mortality rate if treated. cures for MATHIAS are as follows:
-Alpha Denetrizol compounds coupled with Trizolicam
-Venoxicillin 097653 H-AsG23
-Ampraquill Phenoanticyanate
*These Drugs have been proven to remove MATHIAS from the system

By EV1 News
Last edited by Emprus Vyblium on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Helensted
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Helensted » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 am

Helensted Weekly

Breaking News!

Edmund Gray Responds to Nova Auraluxia!
Following the rise of Stalinist Crimea, and Nova Auraluxia's public denouncing of the Stalinist government situated there, and their assuming that the government of Helensted has ties with Stalinist Crimea, The Prime Minister of Helensted, Edmund Gray, responds to Nova Auraluxia.
The people of Nova Auraluxia need not to worry. I, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Helensted, publicly denounce the Stalinist government in Crimea, and will help Nova Auraluxia and her "ally" rid the world of this Stalinist monstrosity, as long as it doesn't result in Helenstedian boots on the ground. I will also ensure you that Helensted definitely has the capability to defeat Nova Auraluxia if this is just another Nova Auraluxia political facade.

Clearly the Prime Minister doesn't agree with the Stalinist Government situated in Crimea, and certainly doesn't completely trust Nova Auraluxia quite yet.

Internal Affairs

Helensted's Military Takes on Huge Growth!
Recently, you may have noticed, that the Helenstedian military has taken on huge growth. Edmund Gray hopes to build the strongest peacekeeping military force in the world, and so far he is doing it very successfully. At this very moment the Helenstedian military i stronger than Greater Valdosta's, and twice as strong as Nova Auraluxia's. Gray realizes that such an outstanding military comes with huge responsibilities, which is why he has decided to stay out of foreign affairs regarding military for the time being. Currently Helensted spends approximately 222,222,222,222 denars on defense, and has started massive recruitment drives. We can only see where this takes us for now.

Helenstedian Elections Arriving!
You guessed what time of year it is! Election time! The current candidates for being elected are: conservative candidate Edmund Gray, socialist candidate candidate Daniel Acker, rightest candidate Francie Rommely, and leftist candidate Johnny Nolan. Each of their opening statements have been posted below.
Conservative Edmund Gray: "I wish to continue our expansions in military in our second term, and remain in our brotherly pact with Nova Vermontia and Greater Valdosta."
Socialist Daniel Acker: "Things need to change! Compulsory military service? Compulsory synagogue service? What is this authoritarian government doing in my buisness?"
Rightist Francie Rommely: "Corruption is an issue that plagues Helensted's daily life. In my reign, I will create a society where elections are common, and corruption is miniscule."
Leftist Johnny Nolan: "I will increase social welfare and create a wonderful thing called Johnnycare!"

Which candidate are you placing your vote on? Participate in our polls and tell us!

Helensted Provides Aid to Emprus Vyblium
Following the announcement that there is currently a disease ravaging Emprus Vyblium, Edmund Gray commissioned 7,500 Royal Peacekeepers and medics to help those infected with the recent virus that is plaguing Emprus Vyblium. Every one of the Royal Peacekeepers have been equipped with gas masks and hazmat suits, to ensure that they don't bring the virus to Helensted.

League of Mediterranean Nations Great Success
Currently Edmund Gray's "League of Mediterranean Nations" is a great success. All Mediterranean nations, except Stalinist Crimea have joined each other in a massive economic alliance. Edmund Gray hopes that the "League of Mediterranean Nations" can be used as a way to spread friendship and unity across the Mediterranean. Stay tuned for more info.

Daily News

Auto-Driving Cars Illegal in Helensted
The Ministry of Internal Affairs recently announced that it is illegal to drive auto-driving cars. The Ministry defends its actions by stating that "If the Helenstedian people become so lazy that they don't know how to drive their own car, than we will be failing as a people." The Ministry of Internal Affairs also reminds us of the recent hacker attacks taking place in Nova Auraluxia, and states that "This nation will not be a hub for hackers to kill people at their own pleasure like in Nova Auraluxia."

Recent Protests Against Government Spending on Law & Order Dying Down
Recently, the protests against government spending on Law & Order died down after policemen saved twenty-five people in a bus accident in Greater France. The police force of Helensted insists that this is a prime example of why Helensted's police has so much money invested in it: to protect and serve the Helenstedian people. It is currently unknown whether the protests will continue or die out completely, but they certainly have to take this event into consideration.

Internet Posts Rally Great Suspicion
Police uncovered a very dark discussion on a popular internet website, Facebook. The conversation involves two Nova Auraluxian nationalists discussing about "how to get back" at the Helenstedian government after the Great War. The nationalists have been posting for about a week under anonymous profiles, and swear that they will soon take action. Are these just teens hyped on adrenaline? Or are they actually terrorists planning an attack on Helensted? Please inform us if you know anything about these anonymous web users.
Last edited by Helensted on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stalinist Crimea
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalinist Crimea » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:22 am

The following is an announcement from the Stalinist government of Crimea:

People of Crimea, the Motherland is under threat by the many capitalist monsters in this world. These capitalist pigs wish to enter Crimea, overthrow the god-king Romanov, burn down your homes, and force you to live in a capitalist society, where your children will be forced to work or starve. Do not fear however, as long as YOU help the god-king Romanov, Crimea will be saved, and basked in the light of a new Stalinist age! Romanov demands that all male personnel from the ages of 8-60 join the Red Crimean Army, and all female personnel from the ages of 8-50 join the Red Crimean military. Resisters to this new law will be dragged out of their homes and publicly shamed in a shower of bullets. Together, through Unity and Liberty, the Crimean people will remain loyal to Romanov's godly light, and in return Romanov will grant us with a great victory! Romanov has released a message to the capitalist nations of the world, specifically Nova Auraluxia: The people of Crimea declare war!

Nova Vermontia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vermontia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Announcement

A bill has entered congress, the War on communism act(WC). It has passed the house 150-0 and the senate 29-1. The bill states that Nova Vermontia will whe a war to eradicate all dangerous communist states that exist, this includes Stalinist Crimea. 600,000 infantry, 500 tanks, 3 destroyers, and 500 airplanes are prepared for an invasion.
Last edited by Nova Vermontia on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of NATO

Republic of South Vantaria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of South Vantaria » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Rebellion in Rome
Today the Republic of South Vantarian government has rebelled against the UUIP, ironic, as the UUIP just rebelled themselves. The Vantarian government is intent on spreading culture, wealth and art across Italy, and today have taken Rome.
As the city of Rome was cleared of UUIP influence, the Vantarian government insists on taking the rest of its rightful land, which is Italy.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Rebellion Continues

Postby Republic of South Vantaria » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:07 pm

THE FIGHT GOES ON
The South Vantarians have decided to continue this great rebellion, after the take of Rome. We need help to bring the Italian land out of the hands of UUIP.
Men are needed to free Italy, men who believe in our ideals of liberalism and equality, to help us fight the UUIP.
Come, and come in speed!

Glas Creag
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glas Creag » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Minister of defense, Charlie MacGowan gave an address in front of the parliament building today, announcing an expansion of the navy.
"Our army has long been proven to be one of the best in the world, however our navy have been lacking, and as an island nation these forces play and integral part to the defense of our people. So today, we announce the addition of a navy base here in Mackay, which will house our first fleet, made up of 2 modified versions of a Los Angeles class submarine, 2 still under construction patrol class ships, and a flagship Destroyer known as the St. Andrew. These are dangerous times, and we must remain ever vigilant on foreign affairs. Goodnight, and God Bless our island."
The small fleet is to launch from Mackay, and tour around all the major cities of the island, giving opportunity for recruitment.
Last edited by Glas Creag on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Auraluxian Times

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:26 pm

External Affairs

• Declaration of War on Stalinist Crimea
    Stalinist Crimea today declared war on our nations. Chief of NAMTO Doran Leoncio said the following...
    Bluffers, we'll easily win this war. Do they really think they can win a war against a nation over 10 times their size?

• Auraluxia Attacks Crimea
    As soon as the declaration of war began, two Halley Satellites prepared to destroy Crimea. The Crimean population could only watch as their capital city and other major cities got destroyed by rods being shot from space. The Crimean population was in a state of panic after that, when a million Delta infantry arrived. The resistance was quickly defeated, with the survivors either retreating or being taken as prisoners of war. The Auraluxian troops suffered little casualties, and Lasiks proved to be an effective siege weapon. The Auraluxian troops hope to meet up with Vermontian troops. The equiptment that the soldiers have include...

• 150 Lasiks
    • 600,000 Shadowfuries
    • 1,500 tanks
    • 30 helicopters
    • 1 Falcon
    • Several thousand Assorted guns

Internal Affairs

• New Encryption Standards Adopted
    Following the hacking of a self driving car, the Nova Auraluxian government has put up new encryption standards. A new encryption code is to be made every single time the car and and the server communicates, which could only be calculated by an advanced algorithm which would burn the central processing unit of most supercomputers. This will make it extremely hard for another hacking incident to happen.

Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Glas Creag wrote:Minister of defense, Charlie MacGowan gave an address in front of the parliament building today, announcing an expansion of the navy, airforce.
"Our army has long been proven to be one of the best in the world, however our airforce and navy have been lacking, and as an island nation these forces play and integral part to the defense of our people. So today, we announce the addition of 3 aircraft carriers, the Pride of Mackay, the Daughter of Skye, and the St. Andrew. Alongside this, we announce the construction of 2 new navy bases, one of the isle of New Skye, and one here in Mackay, as well as an airbase in Arthur's point. These are dangerous times, and we must remain ever vigilant on foreign affairs. Goodnight, and God Bless our island."
The ships will be escorted by a fleet, and tour around all the major cities of the island along with airshows, giving opportunity for recruitment.

OOC: Thanks for editing your post.
Last edited by Nova Auraluxia on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segentaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

The Segen Special

Postby Segentaea » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:10 pm

This Just In!

King Leonardo I has declared war on Stalinist Crimea. He says that it will be quick. 1.5 million troops have been sent to the tiny country.

All cancer has been cured. The scientists at SHAPH have used Nafets-87 to create the cure. It has not been given to Stalinist Crimea. Anybody wanting to steal or extract Nafets-87 will be put on international court as criminals. We ask countries to report any suspicious activity with Nafets-87.
#YangGang

Emprus Vyblium
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Emprussian Medical Advancements

Postby Emprus Vyblium » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Doctors of Emprussia felt motivated after the MATHIAS shock, to develop new drugs for public use. These news drugs include long needed developments in heart disease control, with heart disease being the second largest cause of death in the country. MCP (Master Chairman of Pharmaceuticals) Golias Ocrestor, was asked in an interview if these new drugs were truly "safe" for public use, Ocristar replied "We have tested these drugs to the best of our abilities, using our top medical facilities and equipment, I see no reason why these drugs would be anything else besides safe". These new drugs will be released within the next 36 hours, with thousands of sickly people waiting outside drugstores for there new doses.
A list of these drugs are compiled below.

-Amphosphate ACE Disarcophan- State of the art ACE inhibitor, that not only widens arteries but also improves Right ventricle oxidation and pre-Aortic/ventricular contractions.

-Dozan Spironolenone K-Pam/21h- A drug for severe heart failure, combining Spironolacton and Eplerenone with two proprietary chemicals known as Dozan and K-Pam/21h. This drug blocks Aldosterone build-up in the body. Aldosterone build ups can trigger large amounts of high salinity liquids to gather in Pockets of the body or in Organs (Edema). This drug is a last resort and has been classified as a "Special Circumstance Treatment Option".

Anticycloepinephrotol Dihydrodazmine- A Beta-Blocker and a Calcium Channel Blocker, this drug help to lower Epinephrine in the system by suppressing the Adrenal gland. Also being a Calcium Channel Blocker, it lowers risk of heart failure due to high blood pressure or angina by relaxing blood cell tension and supplying higher oxidation levels to the heart.

Ariphyprazole Dotrexin- An anti-psychotic drug, used to treat Schizophrenia and Psychosis. A.D. is also widely used for extreme anxiety and depression.

Halotrisorphodrine Valcupam- Treats Tourette's syndrome, behavioral issues, and Bipolarity

Klonasmine- An alternative to Aspirin, Klonasmine having less gastrointestinal side effects.

Nova Vermontia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vermontia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:34 am

Invasion Meet-Up

The 1,000,000 Nova Auraluxians, 1,500,000 Segens, and 600,000 Vermontians land near the city of Sevastpool. The army of Stalinist Crimea, which includes people aged 8-12 and up to the age of 60, is unprepared and ill-equipped. In order to soften up the area, destroyers and cruisers launch bombardments of pillboxes and fortresses. After this, several bombers destroy tanks and armored vehicles. Then, the soldiers land with tough resistance from thousands of soldiers, including children and women. The Stalinists Crimeans fight viciously in the city of Sevastpool, however, it does not deter the soldiers, who conquer the city and destroy or capture all the coastal guns and ships in the port.
A tank that fought: Image
Last edited by Nova Vermontia on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of NATO

Helensted
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Helensted » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:48 am

Helensted Weekly

Breaking News!

Helensted Provides Aid to Italy!
After South Vantaria revolted against the government of Italy, for absolutely no valid reason, the Prime Minister of Helensted, Edmund Gray, has taken sides with the Italian government, to keep Italy's claim over Italy in place. Gray made an announcement this morning with the reasons why he chose to support Italy.
Recently the terrorist group known as "South Vantaria" rose up in Rome, the capital of the Union of United Italian Peoples. They claim to have a "rightful" claim. A funny word that is. "Rightful." They think that just because they are interested in art and other Renaissance topics that they have a claim over Italy. No, South Vantaria, you do not. The people of Helensted strongly insist you pack your bags and move to Turkey. In Helensted, strongly insisting something usually results in a bloody nose. Thank you for considering this unrefusable demand.

Obviously our Prime Minister isn't too fond of the South Vantarians.

Helensted Denounces Actions Taken Place in Crimea!
Edmund Gray also had some very interesting things to say about Nova Auraluxia's actions in Crimea. As all of you probably already know, Helensted once supported the liberation of Crimea, for the government there is seen as evil and a threat to the world. However, following Nova Auraluxia's use of weapons of mass destruction to "liberate" a country, Edmund Gray decided to also include some words about Nova Auraluxia in his recent announcement.
Great job Nova Auraluxia. If you can't notice I'm being very sarcastic with that comment. You just turned a war I very much supported into a war I'm very against. Do you think more people died in the Stalinist regime or in your little "weapons tests." Yes people, the government of Nova Auraluxia is responsible for more innocent deaths in Crimea than the regime itself. The government of Helensted demands that the nations of Segentaea, Nova Vermontia, and especially Nova Auraluxia stop killing innocent people in the Crimean region, and start working on rebuilding the government there.

The Prime Minister also doesn't like Nova Auraluxia's actions in Crimea. Does he like anything?

Elections Next Week!
Elections are just next week? Who will you vote for? Edmund Gray, Francie Rommely, Daniel Acker, or Johnny Nolan? Who do you think is best for Helensted? please participate in our polls!

Due to nothing important happening in Helensted recently the Internal and Daily sections are not here.
Last edited by Helensted on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

South Vantaria's Retreat from Italy

Postby Republic of South Vantaria » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:59 am

The South Vantarian leaders have decided to leave Rome after Helensted's words.

Still, the Country's president wants to make clear that South Vantaria isn't a mere group of terrorists.
We fight for true ideals, differently from others... and, yes, our claims were rightful. Still, not wanting to make this end in a bloodbath, our president has decided to make our men retreat from Italy and go to Turkey.
Having said that, the United Kingdom of Helensted has to expect no positive things in the future from South Vantaria.
Esteemed Mr Edmund Gray may not like South Vantarians, but South Vantarians don't like Mr Gray.

We are here, for a reason.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents