NATION

PASSWORD

The Bomb Heard ‘Round the World [CLOSED | Esquarium ONLY]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Michillies
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Michillies » Sun May 24, 2015 1:03 pm

-retconned-
Last edited by Michillies on Wed May 11, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sereníssima Reppública Hesperiana

Accept no substitutes!

Nevamaa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevamaa » Mon May 25, 2015 6:40 am

Image High Command of the Royal Nevan Defense Forces

Despatch for all Army, Navy and Air Force units partaking in Operational Plan C | May 25, 2015

Following orders are to be distributed to all commanding officers, both in Nevanmaa and other theaters. Due to the escalating crisis, following actions are to be taken immidiately.

NAVAL
  • King Yrjö and Northern Fleets are to be administratively sub-ordinated under the temporary Lazarene Fleet. Admiral General Tandefelt onboard aircraft carrier RNNS Sonja will be the commanding officer of the new fleet and will commence his duties at 00:00 hours.
  • Only the ships listed in attachment CX105 are to stay in close proximity of the Michillies. The rest of the fleet shall hold off the coast of Lyannesia. Specific locations of vessels are to be left to area commanders.
  • Under no circumstances must any ship be any closer than one (1) nautical mile of Michillian territorial waters. All ships are thus ordered to stay at least thirteen (13) nautical miles from the Michillian coastline.
  • Destroyers RNNS Merimetso and RNNS Tuuli and frigate RNNS Vara-amiraali Hannuksela are to prepare for possible implementation of Operational Plan C-B15 within the next 72 hours
  • Submarines RNNS Alasuntti and RNNS Valsakorpi are to prepare for possible implementation of Operational Plan C-A36 within the next 72 hours

AERIAL
  • Aerial units are to maintain a constant state of combat readiness. Adequate patrols must be established to protect the fleet as well as to hinder any attempts by Michillian Air Force to gather intelligence.
  • At least one AWACS aircraft must be airborne at all times.
  • All aerial units must keep adequate distance to Michillian airspace and avoid violations of airspace.
  • Reconnaissance flights by dedicated high-speed high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft are to continue as planned, extreme caution must be taken for these flights not to be discovered.

LAND
  • All land units are to prepare for possible combat operations. The specific implementation of this order shall be left to commanding officers. Units are to be provided with maps of the Michillies and taught basics in Michillian language
  • Special Coastal Jaeger Units are to prepare for possible offensive operation within the next 72 hours, Operational Plan C-E1.
  • Naval infantry is to be informed that Operational Plan C-A1 will be used if offensive operations commence.

Jukka Rautula
High Admiral of the Navy

Veikko Jyvälä
Commander of the Army

Tapio Luhtanen
Chief of Defense

Last edited by Nevamaa on Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
Call me Hippo
Factbook

Masseau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Mon May 25, 2015 8:21 am

Somewhere in the Lazarene Sea
10:50 | May 25, 2015

Aristides Silva was a short, stocky man. He looked about 50, and it showed. The stress of years of duty was wearing on him. As he sat down, he looked at a map, posted on the other side of the room. It showed the countries that had declared which side that they were favoring over the other. Almost every country surrounding the Lazarene Sea were on Michillies side, and ready to fight with the exception of the commies in West Cortoguay who were irrelevant. However, some countries surrounding the others were green. Little Lecistan was threatening to invade Michillies (which was one of the funniest jokes he'd heard while his time here), and, more alarmingly, Lyannesia was militarily supporting the Nevans, was bordering Masseau geographically.

There was also a threat that a nuke could go off, and start the beginning of the end. However, he would have enough time to fight in what was hyped by the media as the Third Great War, which he doubted. Masseau had supported Michillies since the beginning, but had preffered to stay on the diplomatic side until he realized that Masseau would have very much helped the Michillian side because of its position. Currently, Masseau was attempting to persuade Tia'raan into the war-to-be.

Tensions haven't been this high... ever... he thought to himself.

Ships in an operational squadron filed out of Massean territory, off on a journey to meet with the Ionlandians. The Third Northern Fleet of Ionland had just docked in the Cortoguay DPR, across the sea. Ionland had invited multiple countries to join them to defend the wrongfully accused Michillian government and its people, and Masseau had accepted the invitation. Normally, this would never happen. However, not much is normal right now.
Last edited by Masseau on Mon May 25, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
President: Xavier Vargas
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
RP Population: 58,877,723
Capital
: Cahokia
Left:-4.12
Libertarian: -1.38

Lyannesia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyannesia » Mon May 25, 2015 11:34 am

Cortz d' Lynese, Teruesca, Lyannesian Confederation
23:10 - 25th May 2015

Chancellor Maria walked inside the conference room that would hold the emergency session of all heads of states of the Lyannesian Confederation. Maria did not want to get involved in this in the first place. Lyannesia was one of the few countries in South Conitia that held sympathies towards Nevanmaa, but the Chancellor wasn't prepared to commit Lyannesian lives for this cause.

However, the days following the bomb in the Cathedral, Selskari had grown restless. The Royal House of Costa Sud, a cadet branch of the Nevan Royal Family had been contacted by it's relatives beyond the Great Esquarian Ocean. They called on their ties to persuade the Lyannesian government to allow the stationing of coalition troops in Lyannesian ports. What's worse, many Royal Houses seemed to support the Nevan cause. The rulers of Leon, angered at the killing of the Sjal envoy, had formed an alliance with Selskari. She would have to listen to them now.

"Ladies and Gentleman. You are why I called you here today." said the Chancellor looking at the various monarchs.

"Because our brethen were attacked, and we are bound as a confederation of monarchies to assist them!]" said the Queen of Costa Sud, Eleonore I slamming her fist at the table. "Our envoy was nearly injured in that cowardly attack, and we are legally obliged to assist Nevanmaa!" she continued looking at the Chancellor.

"Queen Eleonore is right" said the King of Leon, Ferdinardo II. "We must aid our allies and trusted partners, whatever happens" he finished, sipping some water from his glass.

"What would have us do, your Royal Highness, go to war over an issue that does not concern Lyannesia?" said the Chancellor. "All our neighbors have declared for Michillies, we cannot take that risk." she finished looking at all of them.

"I for one, am willing to give access and supplies to the Nevan Fleet" said Eleonore, looking at the Chancellor. "Chancellor Peralta, we aren't asking for war, we ask that the Confederation assists the Coalition through every peaceful means possible."

The other monarchs sat in an uneasy silence, staring at each other.

"I am calling for a vote on the matter, per Confederal right" said King Ferdinardo II. "Those in favor of assisting Nevanmaa, raise your hands,"

Five minutes later, it had been decided. The Lyannesian Confederation was to assist the Nevan Realm and it's allies, through every peaceful means possible.
Last edited by Lyannesia on Tue May 26, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michillies
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Michillies » Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 pm

-retconned-
Last edited by Michillies on Wed May 11, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Accept no substitutes!

Lecistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lecistan » Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm

The Lecistani-Michillian Border
19:49 - 25 May 2015

The news of the Michillians' letter reached the Central Telegraph Office in Szimóngôcz relatively quickly. The authorities there were mostly neutral and emotionless, happy to see diplomatic action take place, but also worried about sending telegraphs to units on the frontline. For all the wealth and gaudiness of the royal family, Lecistan was a poor nation, and it showed in the military. Old Nevan-leased tanks gussled forth as units and commanders, promoted via an institutional epidemic of nepotism and corruption, brought order in their ranks by harsh beatings, an extremely jingoistic attitude, and forcing soldiers to personally swear loyalty to their commanding officer then to the state itself. As a kick in the knee, all of the Lecistani military's troubles were aggravated by an outdated communications network in which telegraph was still the primary option.

Those tasked with sending the telegraphs to military command were obviously worried, as a storm earlier in the week had crippled proper communication, especially to the north. Regardless, the Central Telegraph Office sent out a copy of the Michillians' letters, as well as the Lecistani government's official response (to remain on guard until proper negotiations). The results couldn't have been worse. Most units, mainly those in the north, were unable to get the telegram, while others got only the second half, that concerning the Michillians' concessions, and believing they had accepted a revised ultimatum, began to move from the border inwards. Those units that got the first half, the 4th Battalion near Wirãg, the Kùmiéga Division in Ricérzów, and the Northern Army near Mòdròkë, believed that Michillies had not only rejected negotiations, but was now making demands on the Nevans. These three battalions moved forward, crossing into Michillies, believing that the full Lecistani army, the Nevans, and the world, was behind them.
If you're looking for the person who used to be Lecistan, go here.

If you're looking for the person who is now Lecistan, go here.

Montecara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Montecara » Mon May 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Ansèlma di Meglie picked up the phone on her desk and dialed the one important person she knew she could call at this hour.

Bonaséra, ma bella,” the wry voice on the other end of the line said.

“I needed a laugh, Tarcise. Thank you. I take it you’re still awake?”

“I can’t stop watching RTM! This is the most entertaining thing they’ve had on since Esquarivision ’75.”

“Can you meet me? I have something I need to tell you.” She could hear him smiling through the phone, the old rascal.

“I’ll be at Il Portìn in twenty minutes,” he replied. “The private room, as usual. Wear something sexy.”

The call clicked off before she had a chance for a scathing riposte, damn it. She took the elevator down to the lobby of the Palaço Pùblico and had the desk officer call her a taxi.

Tarcise Croçì had made a career out of late-night barroom meetings like this; next to him, Ansèlma was a newcomer. She might have been the President of the Colegio, but he was something much more unattainable: Chair of the Banca de Montecara. That was real power.

By the time she walked in, he was finishing his second whisky. “I hope you’re planning on being dead drunk when missiles are flying over us, Tarcise,” Ansèlma said, pulling up a chair at the small oval table.

“By that time, Ansèlmita, I’ll be on a plane out of here with my three best mistresses,” he answered.

“You’d better not be including me in that, you old diva. Listen, I asked you to come here for a reason. I got a cable from Constantino Dessantos tonight. He’s asking us to wage economic war on Nevanmaa.”

“Well, we’re not. End of debate. What do you want to drink?”

“Tarcise, I’m serious. He knows we have a lot of strings to pull. He mentioned the commodities market, the reserves of markka we have, the bonds…”

He interrupted her. “Let me guess: the giant pile of gold sitting in the basement of the Banca?”

Ansèlma grimaced. “Yes, in fact, he did mention that. He helpfully reminded me that the markka is on the gold standard.”

Tarcise chuckled. “What a charmer! I’d better watch out for that guy before he steals you out from under my nose.”

“I let you get away with far too much, Tarcise. What are we going to do?”

“We’re going to do the same thing that our fathers and grandfathers did when the world was on fire: keep our cards close, don’t kick the giants in the balls, and shelter in every last piece of dirty money that comes our way.” He drained the last of his drink.

“Do you think we can get away with it? You think Michillies won’t come asking again if we don’t do this? You know that if they do, they won’t be so nice next time.”

Tarcise’s eyes lit up. “You think the Nevans are made of sunshine? Okay, let’s say we buy up every last crumb of gold we can get our hands on. Drain the market. Keep the Nevans from printing another markka. Then what? They’re going to be awfully tempted to just come and take it.”

Ansèlma stared at the empty glass. “We have to survive this war, Tarcise. I’m not going to be the one who lost Montecara after all these centuries.”

Tarcise smiled. “No, ma bella, you’re not. You’re going to stay cool, you’re going to tell Dessantos to call back when he has some hard currency he needs to keep safe or a big order for oil futures to put in, and you’re going to learn to be an optimist, because we’re not just going to survive this war, we’re going to turn a profit on it. Just like we always do. And by the way, you can offer the Nevans the same deal.”

Ansèlma allowed herself a half-smile. “You’d better be right. I just hope the big fish still think we’re worth more alive than dead.”

“We’re too slimy to eat, Ansèlma.”

Nevamaa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevamaa » Tue May 26, 2015 5:15 am

Havis Laura Palace
Seat of the Royal Council
May 26th 2015

"An ultimatum? To us?" King Juhani laughed. "I really think the Michillians don't understand what kind of situation they are in. They are in no position to issue any kind of demands to us."

Hopes for peace had rapidly died among the members of the Royal Council as the Michillian generalitat had once more ignored calls for negotiations, instead issuing an ultimatum themselves. The situation was becoming more critical by the hour.

"Your Majesty, would you agree with the Council if we propose that we do not respond to the ultimatum?" government representative Westerholm asked.

"We can respond negatively or we can not respond at all, whichever you gentlemen prefer. Both options will lead to war anyway", the King responded.

General Tapio Luhtanen, representative of the Army stood up. "Your Majesty, we need more time to assemble our troops first. We have one week until the ultimatum's deadline, and we need that week to adequately man the defensive line in Lecistan as well as to negotiate a transit agreement with West Cortoguay. Right now we barely have a company of soldiers in Lecistan. We also need to deploy more regiments to Lyannesia."

"So, we should wait?" the King asked.

"Right now that is the best option", Luhtanen responded.

"If I may interrupt,,," Mäenpää, representative for burghers stood up. "I would be interested to hear Bank Representative Ryhänen's opinions on the possible financial impact that the crisis could have."

"Go ahead Ryhänen" the King nodded.

"Well, first of all we have to consider the effect of our gold standard might have. If it comes to war, we might have to resort to various actions listed in the Wartime Measures Act, including confiscation of gold so that we can issue more currency. Right now the Bank has enough gold in reserve, but if the war becomes prolonged we might have to even consider abandoning the gold standard altogether."

The entire room gasped.

"Right now the best course of action would be to buy as much gold off the market as we can. If there is war, the price of gold will skyrocket and we wouldn't be able to purchase any anyway." Ryhänen said.

"So you suggest giving more state money to those fucking city-state jews in Montecara in exchange for gold?" Duke Tapani of Viitala hissed.

"Montecara has an extremely large reserves of gold and I'm sure they would be willing to sell us some." Ryhänen responded.

"Those bankster kikes are going to charge outrageous for their overpriced metals" the Duke said angrily. "I wish other countries would still have such large gold reserves as they do."

"Duke, Ryhänen here is Jewish too. Control yourself." Mäenpää pointed out

"How am I not surprised.." the Duke hissed to himself.

"Are you two done arguing yet?" the King asked wearily. "Good. So the plan is to delay responding to the ultimatum to buy us some time so we can reinforce our troops in Lecistan and Lyannesia. We're also going to buy some more gold to reinforce our currency. What about the incursion of that Lecistani platoon into the Michillies? Should we be worried?

"There's no need to worry, your Majesty." Luhtanen responded. "We've already demanded them to pull back and asked the Lecistani government to issue an official apology for the incursion. As long as they get to shoot some poor Lecs who happened to cross the border, they'll be contnet. Michillians know that our friendship treaty with Lecistan would force us to declare war on them if they cross the border into Lecistan, and they don't want to be seen as the aggressor."

"Good, good.." Juhani said. "What about the Opplan C-B15?"

"We're going to have to delay it for a few days unless something dramatic happens." Luhtanen said.

"Wait, what exactly is this Opplan C-B15?." Mäenpää asked.

"Well, Mäenpää..." Luhtanen said. "Operational Plan C refers to operations against the Michillies, B refers to a support operation and number 15.. Number 15 refers to operations against the Republican government-in-exile. In this case, operation C-B15 consists of several warheads filled with 221 kilograms of explosives attached to a LRO 85 cruise missile. Do you get it now?"

"Oh, you military grunts" Mäenpää laughed. "I get it."
Call me Hippo
Factbook

Lyannesia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyannesia » Tue May 26, 2015 11:29 am

Confederal Armada HQ, Teruesca, Lyannesian Confederation
20:12 - 26th May 2015

Álvaro sighed and took another look at the stack of papers in front of him. Being an Admiral of the Confederal Armada was never easy, but now with the current crisis over that damn bomb in that Nevan cathedral, the entire army had been put in Alert 2 levels. Earlier in the morning, they had been informed of the arrival of the Vjaar fleet, and now they had to accommodate it somewhere. He quickly grabbed his pen and put his signature in the paper, leasing part of the port of Teruesca to the coalition forces. But now they had to decide what to with the Nevan one. He had been instructed to lease a part of the port of Nova Ederva, but now conflicting reports had arrived from Confederal Armada ships about movements around the Costa Sud coast, possibly of the Republican Armada. For the time being, it was decided that the Nevans could stay in Laartenis, but the situation had to be resolved with the Generalitat.

"Antonio, do we have anything else on those Costa Sud reports?" asked the Admiral, looking at his young assistant. Antonio was the son of his life-long friend, Count Ferdinardo of Galicyea, a region in Alania. When Antonio decided to join the Confederal Navy, Álvaro had decided to offer his friend a chance for his son to serve a peaceful term, and got him brought to him as an assistant. Not that the young man liked it, but the Admiral owned his father a great deal. He couldn't refuse that request.

"Not really sir, no. Admiral de Castello reported some movement in Castel a Litera but a storm in the Lazarene Sea has brought down communications for the time being. They can't verify anything from the satellites for now." said Antonio, while going through the files stored in the office of the Admiral, trying to find the papers concerning Michillian movements in the south Lazarene Sea. "Maybe we could send word to the Michillians?" he continued, walking towards the phone in case the Admiral wanted to establish a connection with the Chancellary.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to send word to the Michillians, at leas to confirm that they aren't doing anything stupid. And yes Antonio, please dial up the number of the Chancellary." said the old Admiral, grabbing for his papers under the desk. "Call for Ximena, tell her to come here as well, I need her to write the letter on behalf of the Teruesca Admiralty " he finished, as Antonio handed him over the phone.

"Hello? Can you please connect me to Chancellor Peralta? It's an urgent matter."
Office of the Chancellary, Teruesca, Lyannesian Confederation
21:45 - 26th May 2015

The Chancellor sat in her office, facing the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Salvador Cabrera. She had recieved a call from the Admiralty some hour ago, and spoke to Admiral Álvaro Costa. Apparently, there had been movements in Costa Sud, concerning Michillian Armada movements in the area. She had thanked the Admiral for the information, and told him to send the Admiralty's spokesperson, Ximena Alfredez in her office, to speak with Salvador, on a joint communique towards the Michillian Ministry of Foreign and Esquarian Affairs.

"I have already spoken to the Admiralty's spokesperson." said the Chancellor sipping some of her coffee. "Sweet girl, I am sure you will get long" she said looking at Salvador. The Minister was having dinner with his family when he was informed of the situation. He didn't look happy to be in the Chancellary at this very moment.

"Fine, fine show me what the Admiralty send already" he said angrily, waving his hand at the Chancellor. She handed him over the communique. He scanned it quickly, reading it in a fast pace. No errors or offensive words spotted. Guess he could approve it after all. "Yeah, it seems fine, give me a pen to sign it, Maria" he said, looking at the Chancellor.

"I am glad you approve it" she said, smiling at the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Maria handed him the pen, and waited until he finished his signature. Then she took it, and put hers. It was done. "When will it be delivered to the Michillians?" asked the Chancellor, typing some nonsense in her computer.

"I guess later at night" said Salvador, standing up. "At most, it should be delivered by midnight. I have to go now though, Maria, my wife will kill me if she learns I didn't come home as soon as possible. See you in the Cortz meeting." he finished, quickly shaking the hand of the Chancellor, and exiting the room towards the gates of the Chancellary building. It was raining outside.

He jolted out of the building in a fast pace, and entered the car waiting for him. "Let's just hope the Michillians won't interrupt yet another family meal." he thought to himself, as the car begun it's journey towards his residence, in the northern suburbs.

Joint Communique of the Lyannesian Admiralty and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
To: Secretariat of Foreign and Esquarian Affairs (Michillies)
Encryption: HIGH

On behalf of the Chancellor of the Lyannesian Confederation, the Admiralty and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the following communique is officially issued exclusively towards the Secretariat of Foreign and Esquarian Affairs of the Most Serene Michillian Republic.

While the Lyannesian Confederation and the Most Serene Republic have enjoyed peaceful relations since the 1980's, the recent crisis between the Nevan Realm and the Most Serene Republic has caused an apparent drift in many national relations across South Conitia. Due to royal and historical ties, the Confederation is bound to assist Nevanmaa through every peaceful mean. However, this does not mean that we hold a hostile stance towards the Republic. However, we are no longer certain this is a fact from the side of the Republic.

There have been reports from the Admiralty and confirmed by top ranking officials of the Confederal Armada, that there might have been Michillian naval movements in the area close to the coast of Costa Sud. While this would normally not be considered in a hostile manner, the current crisis has made us weary of all military moves in the South Conitian continent. On behalf of the Confederation, we wish to gain the following information from the Michillian Republic:

• Does the Most Serene Republic considered relations with Lyannesia damaged?
  • Does the Generalitat confirm the movements of Michillian naval units near Costa Sud?
  • Does the Generalitat view Lyannesia as a potentional enemy in a conflict with Nevanmaa?

On behalf of the Confederation, we wish to state that we thank you for all information that the Generalitat might provide. We want assurances that in no way is the Most Serene Republic moving in a hostile manner towards one of our provinces. We do not wish for a conflict but we are ready to defend ourselves.

Signed

Nevamaa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevamaa » Tue May 26, 2015 11:59 am

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE from the Nevan Realm
to the Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of Cortoguay

Most Honorable Generalissimo Arturo Peralta,

With great worry we have witnessed the threats issued to your government by the Republic of Ianann. These humiliating public threats about violating of the Democratic People's Republic are inexcusable and an insult to all the citizens of your state.

The situation in South Conitia has quickly escalated, and considering the current situation it is very well possible that the sovereignty of Cortoguay could be in grave danger. The Nevan Realm does not wish to see your government toppled or replaced, and as such the Council of State wishes to propose a temporary treaty that would give Cortoguay the protection of the Royal Nevan Defense Forces, as well as support for possible reunification after the possible conflict has ended. In effect, this would mean support from any hostile attacker, be it Michillies, Ianann or East Cortoguay. In exchange we request, immidate and unlimited military access for our troops.

This offer might very well be the only thing that separates Cortoguay from falling into the dangerous unknown. Hostile states all around Cortoguay are threatening your people, your nation and your independence that you have so valiantly fought for. Our realms might have their ideological differences, but I am confident that we can both agree that the sovereignty of your nation is the main concern right now.

With regards,
Olavi Linkomies
Foreign Minister of the Nevan Realm
Call me Hippo
Factbook

West Cedarbrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cedarbrook » Tue May 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Cabinet Room, Kramden House, Wrycova
May 26, 2015: 14:08 Wrycova Standard Time

A sweaty, tired Vernon Kansky barged into the room, eight minutes late. Endless hours monitoring events in the Lazarene Sea crisis had clearly taken it's toll. On the screen in front of the cabinet were his men on the spot, a recuperating Abner Davis in Nevanlinna, and his counterpart in Christiana, Helena BatLeah. Their respective heads of the respective Nevan and Michillian interest sections were on audio link.

"Sit down, Vern. Give us an update on the big Lazarene clusterfuck.", the President commanded.

Kansky wiped his brow, to no avail. Such was the pressure on the Secretary of External Affairs. He took a seat to the right of Feld, next to former President Steinberg.

"First off, we're keeping Poincaire on double shifts in Nevanlinna, since Abner continues his limited availability since the bombing. Ab, we appreciate all that you are doing. We have had no official responses to the respective ultimata from both sides. We think that Vang's response is well balanced, and have communicated so to Nevan diplomats. All efforts to get a take on the Nevan position through third parties have not been productive. Intelligence on the ground in Christiana, and at the Southeast Oriental Entente seems to indicate there may be discussion within the Michillian executive regarding any connections with the bombing. But overall, we don't see the reason for this extreme escalation. The respective interest sections have been working around the clock to encourage consideration of the Michillian offer.", he started.

"So, overall, no change as of today diplomatically?", the President asked.

"None to speak of", he added.

Feld snorted. "Boy, those Royal Nevan fishies are damn obtuse these days. But they do have a grievance. Keep channels open, keep offering all help to deescalate this mess. Thanks, Vern. Abner, get some damn sleep", he said.

Davis blinked. "Right, Mr. President. This is pretty tough on a 68 year old retired railroad guy. Don't think I'm up for much more. Certainly not up for another blast".

Steinberg spoke up "You be sure that Juhani knows when the chips are down, we're going to be with Michillies. The Libertarians are solid on this point. And if that damn hippie Kaplan pipes up at all about this, I'll hang him myself".

Feld continued. He turned to Tommy Ben-Asher, chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. "How's the winter fleet deployment going? Have there been any incidents? Does Ruiz at the SOE fully understand we're ready to deploy if necessary?"

Ben-Asher addressed the cabinet. "The SOE Military Committee is in full contact with us. No Cedarbrookese vessels have stood down, nor have they been asked to. It's uncomfortable being in port with the Ions, but that was Johnny Ion's choice. We continue to deploy northward in the South Central, as planned. Should orders change, the main surface fleet can be at the mouth of the Lazarene within 4 days. I've offered to fly to Christiana if requested, to show solidarity with the Michillians. So far, no request.
Air and remote surveillance operations at Tedla, Borku, the Jezreel Operations Center, and here at Iamus Carlus have been staffed around the clock since last Friday, and we plan to keep all operational aircraft at immediate sub-deployment alert until a month after any agreement. Or, the obvious."

"What about current army readiness", asked Treasurer Nina Silver.

"Ben Tzion has activated the 1st Army as the main force, should any overland involvement be necessary. Leave has also been cancelled for the 15th and 21st divisions, who would be slated for advanced operations, and the 25th Logistical and 28th Medical for any northbound operation. Wrycova command National Guard is under quiet recall, ETA next Monday for full force. Western command Militia will be on 48 hour call-up, once storm recovery operations near Cape Naciere are completed. Of course, none of this is to leave this room. The axis of approach would be north-northwest from North Central state through Vitoria, to engage any hostiles in the Cortoguays and relieve pressure from the east on Michillies. All of this, of course, under the aegis of the Southeast Oriental Entente".

Feld nodded. "Above all, I want everyone here to be on the same page regarding these two developments", he announced. "There can't be any hint of collusion with Ionite forces, either in the event of actual fighting, or in the current naval buildup. Huntleigh's decision to involve Ionite forces has to be seen as it is, of their own volition. Regardless of any outcome, this government, and, I believe, Mr. Steinberg, that of the loyal opposition strongly opposes any advance of a communist agenda within South Conitia, or the general South Central Ocean. At best, Ionland needs to be seen as a potential co-belligerent. And I have advised Vernon, and communicated directly with the Lecistani Grand Duke and with Presiednt Archbishop Jachónski that notwithstanding the friendship between the Cedarbrookese and Lec peoples, should any harm come to our citizens through actions of foreign forces in Lecistan, we will without question retaliate against those forces, and that we hold the government of the Grand Duchy responsible for protection of all Cedarbrookese visiting or resident there. Damn, this shit just has to perk up just after Kramden Day. Damn.
Last edited by West Cedarbrook on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC:
Pro America, Pro Israel, Pro India (BJP)
Pro Bush!

Masseau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Presidential Mansion, Cahokia, Masseau
15:12 UTC | May 26, 2015

"They did what?!?" Xavier Vargas exclaimed, observing at the satellite photos with one of his assistants.

"Sir, Lecistanis were caught moving from their own border-.."

"What the hell?" A confused Vargas replied, dumbfounded by the photos.

Vargas paced around the office frantically. "So what did they do, exactly?"

"Sir, we believe-.." The outspoken assistant paused, interrupted by the President once more.

"No, tell me something concrete! Just tell me the god damn truth!"

"Yes, sir. They crossed the border. Invaded."

Vargas ripped the photos in half, then into fourths, then to eighths. He sighed, sat down in his swivel chair, grabbed a sheet of paper, and wrote for about five minutes. The assistant stood, not knowing whether to stay or leave. The President handed the paper, now folded in half, to the assistant. What the President did not know, and nor the assistant, was that the battalions that invaded were not given the command to invade, and they only invaded because of their lack of technology. Vargas give an order. "Take this, don't let anyone read except the Minister of Defense. They are my orders. I don't care how you get that to him, but do not let anyone read that latter. Do you understand?"

The assistant nodded, noticeably nervous. He left the room in a hurry.

An hour later, two battalions of infantry were seen patrolling the border between Masseau and Lecistan. They were ordered to stay there through June by the President. The troops appeared noticeably unmotivated, but competent nevertheless. Tanks accompanied the roughly 2,000 men and women. Masseau would also have to deal with the problem of the Lyannesians to the east as well. Now, Masseau would have to be committed to war because the government knew that there was no coming back. War is coming, the president though to himself that day, the only question is how fast.
President: Xavier Vargas
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
RP Population: 58,877,723
Capital
: Cahokia
Left:-4.12
Libertarian: -1.38

Michillies
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Michillies » Tue May 26, 2015 3:32 pm

-retconned-
Last edited by Michillies on Wed May 11, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Accept no substitutes!

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Tue May 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Departamento de Información Popular Cortoguayano
Cortoguayan People's Information Bureau

Edicion Ingles | English Edition

BREAKING: IONITE FORCES IN WEST CORTOGUAY TO BE "NEUTRALIZED" AND DEPORTED

PREMIER PERALTA BREAKS OFF POLITICAL, FINANCIAL, AND MILITARY TIES
Army Troopers preparing to neutralize an Ionite outpost in Marisola

by ROBERTO de GRANADA - 26 May 2015

SANFACION, WEST CORTOGUAY - In a move that has been applauded by the members of the Presidium, after a string of lengthy debates between our Glorious Paramount Leader and the Military Chiefs of Staff since Sunday, has given the order to the armed forces, and to the people of True Cortoguay, to "neutralize all Ionite forces in the country."

Following Ionite Premier Huntleigh's outrageous ultimatum on Sunday, Cortoguayans were in a storm of indignation and fury. The note given to our embassy in Conghaile, as well as Huntleigh's televised speech, which called aligning with Nevanmaa "treason" and "a great insult" (as well as threatening to assist the fascist-imperialist eastern-funded "insurgency"), incited riots in many major cities and protests outiside the Ionite embassy in Los Dopicos (as well as outside Ionite outposts throughout the country). After careful deliberation, our Premier declared that due to "subversive elements within the state-capitalist Ionite government framework, probably including their "President" Huntleigh, all Ionite troops in this country are ordered to cease operations and prepare to exit the country immediately. All those who do not comply will be escorted out by force"

Immediately after the order was issued to both Ionite forces, Cortoguayan troops began patrolling Ionite military installations to confirm that they were complying. Despite this, many of the bastard Ionites are resisting the Premier's directive. Some are even choosing to rsist with force, engaging in firefights with Cortoguayan patrols. Army troopers have boarded the ships of the Third Northern Fleet to ensure their cooperation.

The True Cortoguayan consul in Nevanlinna, Tiberio Zapata, has met with Nevan officials in order to negotiate a treaty which will station Nevan Defense Force troops in the country as well as support for reunification of Cortoguay after the conflict.

Our Glorious Paramount Leader Premier Peralta condemned the Ionite imperialism as displayed in their cowardly ultimatum. "It is an insult to the pride of all loyal, patriotic True Cortoguayans! We will not be threatened by foreign nations, who think they can dictate our every move based on their own shrewd, quasi-capitalist foreign policy. We will ally with who we choose, and we will fight who we choose, no matter what they lay down as our "only options". No matter if they are larger than us! No matter if they call themselves stronger than us! No matter if they call themselves our "allies". We, the people of free, democratic South Conitia, we will not be intimidated! Never! Never! Never!"

OTHER INFORMATION
  • Troop levels increase drastically along northern and eastern borders
  • Foreign countries mobilize for war
  • Second Fleet to blockade True Cortoguay from enemy threats
  • OPINION: What the Nevan-West Cortoguay rapproachment means
  • Talks for mobilisation of army continue
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Lecistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lecistan » Tue May 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Ten miles from the Lecistan border, Marches Prefecture, Michillies.
23:19 - 26 May 2015

The Kùmiéga Division, headed by General Maréùsz Dziwidzka, had surprisingly faced no resistance crossing the border and setting up camp up-river from a Michillian military base. The battalion, around 500 troops, was now completely cut off from Lecistani military communications and did not know that war was not declared between their homeland and Michillies. Regardless, Dziwidzka and his men had decided to gain some ammunition and weapons, sorely needed in the unit, by raiding the military base that night. And so, as the sun dawned on the southern Michillian plains, the Lecistani army, prepared with one tank and two artillery units, marched downriver, shelling the Michillian fort as it came into sight, and taking the sleeping Michillians inside by surprise. Breaking the outer walls and fences, Dziwidzka's men poured into the military instillation, breaking into the armory, lowering and tearing up the Michillian flag in the main courtyard, and in an act of brutality, began shooting at mostly unarmed soldiers, even those caught still in their bunks. The brutality of the situation would cause even to most jingoistic newspapers to react disapprovingly.
If you're looking for the person who used to be Lecistan, go here.

If you're looking for the person who is now Lecistan, go here.

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Tue May 26, 2015 9:56 pm

NDNS Port Carverton (CGA-28)
NDNS Fitzgerald (DDG-85)
NDNS Mahecon (DDG-88)
NDNS Carson (DDG-92)
NDNS Port Carverton AEGIS Control Room | 300 km away from Michillies | May 27, 2015
"Captain, we have a status report from Waterwitt on the line." said the radio officer.

Captain Isaac K. Thompson marched over to the RIO's desk. "What is it?" grunts Thompson.

"Message is printed on table, captain." said the RIO.

Thompson picked up the crisp piece of paper on the desk, and begins to read it.

North Daeconese Navy
TO: All ships in the Lazarene Sea and within the South Contian continent
ENCRYPTION/SECURITY LEVEL: CRITICAL
Waterwitt Command has heightened the alert limit in regards to the Crisis in South Contia today.

Starting from 0000 hours NDST on May 27, 2015, North Daeconese Military Assets in the South Contian continent is to be increased exponentially.

Three cruisers and their task forces will rendezvous with the two carriers, the NDNS North Daecon (CVN-8), the NDNS Cairnford Beach (CVN-9) and the NDNS Benjamin Hollowood (LHS-6) 250 kilometres from Michillies. This is to be done by 2300 hours on June 1.

This is the proposed battle order for the Combined Fleet.

Combined Task Force 28

NDNS North Daecon (CVN-8)
NDNS Avalon Beach (FCG-32)
NDNS Douglas (DDG-83)
NDNS Platten (DDG-84)
NDNS Stallings (DDG-89)

NDNS Cairnford Beach (CVN-9)
NDNS Waterwitt (FCG-20)
NDNS Kingscote (DDG-86)
NDNS Trevose (DDG-87)
NDNS Hockingport (DDG-90)

NDNS Benjamin Hollowood (LHS-6)
NDNS Burmachter (FCG-39)
NDNS Kasigluk (DDG-82)
NDNS Beckemeyer (DDG-95)
NDNS Blencoe (DDG-96)

NDNS Port Carverton (CGA-28)
NDNS Fitzgerald (DDG-85)
NDNS Mahecon (DDG-88)
NDNS Carson (DDG-92)

NDNS Comberth Harbour (CGA-29)
NDNS Cretestem (DDG-91)
NDNS Aktan (DDG-93)
NDNS Mallard (DDG-94)

NDNS Egansburgh (CGA-30)
NDNS Chagrin Falls (DDG-99)
NDNS Cape Aubrey (DDG-98)
NDNS Saint Ark (DDG-97)

Godspeed, Gentlemen.

General George C. Wincott
Commander in Chief of the North Daeconese Armed Forces

Thompson put the paper down on the table and clapped his hands as he stood the room to attention.

"Now listen up people! Waterwitt just sent us a order to meet up with the Carriers 250 miles from the Area of Combat Operations, now be wary that the Nevan and the Vjaarlandic fleets are somewhere in the Lazerene Sea, so don't get too jumpy. This order has come straight from the top, gentlemen, so get to it!" ordered Thompson.

The Command Room immediately snapped out of its trance and began to work on the rendezvous with the carriers.

While Thompson was watching the proceedings, he thought to himself;

"This has all gone out the fuckin window, hasn't it?"

Nevamaa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevamaa » Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 am

Kamppi Palace
Seat of the Council of State

"Tuomas, wait!"

Prime Minister Hyvärinen turned around and saw Foreign Minister Linkomies jogging towards him.

"What is it, Olavi?" Hyvärinen asked

"Did you hear what the Royal Council is intending to do?"

"I did. They intend to ignore the Michillian ultimatum", Hyvärinen sighed.

"What do you make of that?", Linkomies asked. "I mean, surely there must be another way. Ignoring the ultimatum might lead to further escalation and ever war."

"You know how it is." Hyvärinen said wearily. "When the Royal Council decides something, the Council of State can only agree. Besides, we couldn't agree to the ultimatum even if we wanted to. Not only would we condemn our parties to certain doom in the next election, but more importantly, an investigation into the Namo bombing would lead to KATI."

"But I thought that KATI got rid of all leads. They possibly couldn't discover that KATI gave assistance to the Knights of the Blessed Sapphire." Linkomies protested

"They did their best, but a massive international investigation would still reveal our support to the Knights. We simply can't afford that." Hyvärinen said.

"So you think the only option is escalating the situation and hope that it won't turn into another Northern War?" Linkomies asked.

"No one is escalating anything, Olavi." Hyvärinen said. "At this point these events are just piling up without any interference from individuals. It's like providence itself is pushing us towards war."

Linkomies sighed tiredly. "But.. God, I don't know. Do you know what the Royal Council is intending to do with the Exeguayans?"

"Apparently the RNDF is going to send a few advisers there to make sure that the Ionites retreat as planned. Then they're going to send a regiment or two there as well. I don't know the exact details, it's not like I'm the prime minister or anything. Apparently in situations like this they just tell the Council of State to fuck off and let the Royal Council do all the decisions." Hyvärinen hissed.

"God help us." Olavi said. "I just don't like where this situation is going."

"Nobody does." Hyvärinen responded, "But at this point, it might be too late to stop it."
Call me Hippo
Factbook

Scotia-99
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Scotia-99 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:29 am

Government House
Aberlefen, Scotia
27 May 2015
8:00 AM Aberlefen Time

Chancellor of the Exchequer George MacLeish was rightly pissed off as some of the ministers gathered at the weekly cabinet meeting at Government House. As the most senior cabinet minister around (because of the fact that both the Tòiseach and Tànaiste, who along with the Foreign Minister, were in Po'ai for peach march), MacLeish had some clout in the rest of the Cabinet normally reserved for the head of government.

"Have you read some of the cables the SFNA is deciphering? The Nevans are buying as much gold from the Montecaran market."

"And you have us to believe that's a problem . . . how?" Clement Gordon(Minister of Commerce and Labour) asked.

Mr. MacLeish replied, "Because war comes, we might not be able to fortify our own currency. I can't believe the Tòiseach forgot about that. In the meantime, we have a large supply of gold to last us 6 months at most, but if the war suddenly becomes a go at regime change, we have to prepare for the worst."

Minister of Internal Affairs Alessandru Xuereb asked "So what can we do about this, then?"

MacLeish later faced the window looking out to the street, and then looked back to the Cabinet and said, "I'll get the Ministry to buy more gold. You all get the rest of the Government to do the same. And when the Tòiseach comes back, we must also tell him to sign on to these plans. If it's necessary, we may have to resort to confiscating gold from citizen to fortify the pound further."

The cabinet stayed silent as Mr. MacLeish continued, "We have to remember now that time is of the essence. The more we delay is more Montecaran gold into the hands of those warmongers in Nevanlinna, and less gold for us. We must make sure that when things do go out of control, Scotia will be able to get out of the darkness in the shortest time possible."
Last edited by Scotia-99 on Wed May 27, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scotia, the most Interesting country in Esquarium: IIWiki
Political Beliefs:
Right: 4.35, Libertarian: 1.09 Foreign Policy Neoconservative: 1.16 Cultural Liberal: -0.48
For: capitalism, conservative libertarianism, neoconservatism (foreign policy), atlanticism, zionism, US, UK, Ireland, EU, Philippines
Against: communism, socialism, fascism, Islamofascism, totalitarianism

Independence for Catalonia NOW! · Ted Cruz for President 2016

Nevamaa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevamaa » Wed May 27, 2015 8:46 am

Amiraali-crass frigate RNNS Amiraali Soininen
Lazarene Sea
20 nautical miles off the coast of West Cortoguay

Commander captain looked out of the bridge window and could see Ionite ships in the horizon, about 10 nautical miles away. Not too many, but enough to form a blockade. He was all alone, the rest of the fleet was holding back hundreds of kilometers away. He looked at the telex message in his hand and then lifted the microphone:

"Attention, all vessels in vicinity. This Commander Captain Valtteri Tuori of the Royal Nevan Navy vessel Amiraali Soininen, broadcasting on main frequency. The destination of this vessel is the Port of Los Dopicos, and we have authorization to proceed. Any attempt to intercept this vessel will be seen as an act of aggression, over."

A short pause, and then a garbled voice echoed on the intercom:

"Negative Amiraali Soininen, Ionite Navy has ordered a blockade of West Cortoguay. You will be fired upon if you cross the blockade line"

Tuori looked at other officers on the bridge and then broadcast: "Ionite Navy Vessel, we have orders to proceed and you have no authority to intercept us. We will continue on our present heading and speed. Do not engage."

Tuori put down the microphone down. "Chief Petty Officer, fire a warning shot. Let them know we're serious. Keep present heading and speed"

On the front deck, a 125mm naval gun lifted its cannon into the sky and fired a single shell into the air. It harmlessly fell into the water some distance away, creating a large column of water that quickly fell back into the sea.
Call me Hippo
Factbook

Lyannesia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyannesia » Wed May 27, 2015 11:31 am

Official Decree of the Ministry of Defense
To: Land, Aerial, and Naval Commands of the Lyannesian Armed Forces
Encryption: HIGH

The following deployments of forces and orders are to take place until June 2nd 2015, 00:00:

LAND
  • IV, V and VI Battalions and II Armored Battalion are to be separated from Forces Group A and will be relocated at the Michillian border in Castel a Litera. Readiness levels of said battalions will be moved at combat levels, but no offensive action shall take place until further orders.

• Forces Group A shall be further reinforced by the calling in of 6,700 reservists, under the pretense of military maneuvers. Said reservists will be issued orders to defend key intersections and areas of greater security risk along the border with Masseau. Forces Group A shall join them on the early morning hours of June 1st.

• Topographic maps of Masseau shall be distributed to Forces Group A. IV, V, VI Battalions and II Armored Battalion that from now on represent Forces Group C shall be issued topographic maps of Castel a Litera.

• Forces Group B shall be reinforced by the calling in of 2,300 reservists, under the pretense of military maneuvers. They will be stationed 30km away from the border with Tia'raan.

NAVAL
  • The forces of the Teruesca Armada will be moved at full combat readiness, steadily within the week. All leaves issued to sailors will be recalled under the pretense of military maneuvers.

• The forces of the Armada in Nova Ederva will be moved at full combat readiness, in similar manner to the Teruesca Armada. Sailor leaves will be recalled, and Admiral de Castello will be requested to cooperate with Nevan and Vjaar naval forces if necessary.

• The forces of the Laartenis Armada will be moved at full combat readiness, in similar manner. Sailor leaves are to be revoked.

• Operation Plan X-E regarding battle conduct shall be considered active.

AERIAL
  • Aerial units are to maintain a constant state of combat readiness.

• Reconnaissance flights in Masseau and Tia'raan must be organized and carried out in a coherent and cautious manner.

Signed
[Chancellor Peralta]

[Minister Davoce]
Last edited by Lyannesia on Wed May 27, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West Cedarbrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cedarbrook » Wed May 27, 2015 12:38 pm

May 27, 2015
16:52 Local Time
14 NM East Northeast off Pedrosburg Harbor, East Cortoguay

WCNS Ligget, Communications Support Pod

Ensign Gordon practically leaped out of his seat. He'd been fidgety all throughout his watch, monitoring communications as they poured in from the Port Yehoshua Naval Operations Center. Upon receiving the flash message, he responded with the encryption key, and began reading through the instructions from NOS:

To All Ships, Carrier Group Ligget: Change of IFF orders as of 15:50 Wrycova Standard Time
1. All ships, all air crews and controllers to receive this message. All recipients must acknowledge receipt and understanding to flight operations and anti-aircraft protection officers senior for Carrier Group Ligget.

2. Communicatons Support for CG Ligget to broadcast IFF codes to Ionite fleet stationed in port, in vicinity of Los Dopicos, PDR Cortoguay. Communication via attachement in coded, secured texting, through microsteganography, and broadcast to Ionite Naval frequencies. Purpose: confirmation of Ionite air action as friendly until further notice. Upon confirmation, all standing orders against Ionite air activity in vicinity of CG Ligget to be cancelled.

3. Broadcast and text attached message and warning to Royal Nevan Navy vessels in vicinity of PDR Cortoguay waters. Attached message is a reminder of presence of Cedarbrookese vessels in support of East Cortoguay, under the Southeast Oriental Entente agreement. Message advises against violation of East Cortoguayan air space and territorial waters. No confirmation of receipt required.

4. Standing orders to go into effect immediately after acknowledgement of IFF codes from Ionite command in PDR Cortoguay: Pursuit of any Nevan intrusion into air space or territorial waters of East Cortoguay.

5. Immediate confirmation of all hostile intrusions into East Cortoguayan air space required. This to follow actions stipulated in above order.

Communications Control, Port Yehoshua Naval Operations Center

As confirmed to CNO Carl Epstein

Gordon gulped, blinked his eyes, and called over Lieutenant Newly

"Romek, have a look at this. I need you to send this upstairs. Looks like we're going to be busy"

Newly quickly read through the missive, pausing at the end to let the gravity of the situation sink in. "All right", he said, softly. I'm going to sign this and send it up. Stay glued to your post. It's going to be tense".

A few minutes later, confirmation from the bridge arrived. Newly and Gordon got to work. Newly reviewed Gordon's transmission, and verified the distribution list. Off it went. Within 6 minutes, both LAMPS capable warships had acknowledged. Then came three of the four destroyers. All air crews on the Ligget filtered in, followed by flight operations and senior anti-aircraft officers. The anti-aircraft office from the cruiser WCNS Goodnor followed. Finally, anti-aircraft from the destroyer Shlomo of Jaslow sent acknowledgement.

That being done, the packets were sent and requests for confirmation broadcast to the Ionite fleet. "I hope this goes fast, well and effective", said Newly. "It's a fast about face. I don't want to see any of their aviators take a bath before they need it".

Per the directive, Newly signaled Gordon to send the message to the Nevan vessels lurking beyond the Pedrosburg Strip, and to continue broadcasting on assigned frequencies:
Attention: Nevan fleet in proximity of PDR Cortoguay. This is a reminder from West Cedarbrook Carrier Group Ligget stationed near Pedrosburg, East Cortoguay. We are here under aegis of the Southeast Oriental Entente to defend the integrity of the territory, territorial waters, and air space of East Cortoguay. Be aware of straying into said areas under East Cortoguayan jurisdiction. Any aircraft failing Mark IX Mode 3B or 4C Modes for Identify Friend of Foe confirmation crossing into East Cortoguay air space will be subject to pursuit and possible interception.

Newly nodded assent to Gordon, who sent off the message. "Have some joe, Ensign?" he asked. Gordon blinked again and told the Lieutenant "Yes, please. Black, no sugar".
OOC:
Pro America, Pro Israel, Pro India (BJP)
Pro Bush!

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Wed May 27, 2015 2:10 pm

By Royal Assent and Order of Our Esteemed Chancellor
Central Armed Forces Command

To: NavCom, GroundCom, Board of Commissars, AirCom
TOP SECRET

The list as follows outlines all units ordered on active deployment status and should proceed to designated deployment zones and establish ready positions. Failure to comply will result in court martial.

NavCom

Carrier Group North is to proceed to the Lazarene Sea on the double, units to follow:

• ZSS Crucible [CVN-1]
  • ZSS Walter [DD-214]
  • ZSS Fitzpatrick [DD-111]
  • ZSS Hawthorne [DD-213]
  • ZSS Konig [DD-215]
  • ZSS Jerogian [DD-112]
  • ZSS Marx [ECVN-1]
  • ZSS Paarl [ECVN-2]
  • ZSS Jindal [DD-200]
  • ZSS Karl [DD-199]
  • ZSS Patrickarl [DD-198]
  • ZSS Gearhardt [FF-6]
  • ZSS Kilgore [CG-7]
  • ZSS Zimmerman [CG-5]
  • ZSS Auschlogen [U-101]

GroundCom

1st Army - Will proceed to Middle Lyannesia and rally at [point censored for command]

9th Infantry Division
10th Infantry Division
20th Mechanized Infantry Division
1st Mixed Armor Division
===============================================
2nd Marine Division
1st Marine Tank Bttln.; 1st Marine Tank Division; 1st Marine Support Army
3rd Marine Tank Bttln.; 1st Marine Tank Division; 1st Marine Support Army

--+ All Marine Units shall proceed to southern coast; [location censored for command] +--

AirCom

1st Fighter-Intereceptor Wing
33rd Heavy Bomber Squadron
1st Air-Ground Defense Regiment

BY ORDER OF THE KING AND HIS CHANCELLOR
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

Ianann
Secretary

Founded: May 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ianann » Wed May 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Third Naval Fleet High Command
Lazarene Sea
10 nautical miles off the coast of West Cortoguay

Silence fell inside the INS Ulaidh, the head ship of the Third Naval Fleet, as Commissar of the Third Naval Fleet High Command Redmond Carran had announced to the ship that a Nevan ship had fired upon an Ionite Naval Vessel. The first words that he uttered was Glacfar clann soith.

Commissar Carran first sent out a broadcast to the Nevan navy: "Attention Nevan Navy, you have thirty minutes to redirect your travel away from the blockade. We will disregard the warning shot and allow you to retreat without any fire upon your ships. You have no reason for your insertion into Ionite-Cortoguayan matters. We repeat, you have thirty minutes to redirect your travel away from the blockade. Commissar Carran then sent out a broadcast message of distress to surrounding nation's naval fleets including Michillies, Masseau, East Cortoguay, Vitoria, and West Cedarbrook for aid.

Commissar Carran ordered all ships of the Third Naval Fleet to begin defensive maneuvers. He ended his announcement with Dia shábháil dúinn go léir.
I love ALL things Polish and Korean
If you need ANY help about nation building, be it history, political, culture, flags/CoAs, and any other things just send me a telegram, I'll help you out :D
Come join Esquarium! The best region on NS!
Name: Ionland
My nation is a PROUD Polish-Korean nation

Nevamaa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevamaa » Thu May 28, 2015 9:49 am

Amiraali-crass frigate RNNS Amiraali Soininen
Lazarene Sea
19 nautical miles off the coast of West Cortoguay

"Stubborn bastards, all of them", Tuori thought. "But we have our orders."

He lifted the microphone again. "Ionite Navy vessel calling Amiraali Soininen, you do not have OEN authorization for a blockade. We have right of passage guaranteed by both the government of the Democratic People's Republic of Cortoguay as well as international maritime laws. We will maintain our current course for Los Dopicos. Any engagement or interception will be seen as a hostile action. Stand down now."

Tuori laid down the microphone and turned to the Chief Petty Officer on the deck. "Keep us at 30 knots, present heading. That should get us at Los Dopicos in 40 minutes."

"Aye aye sir. What if they fire on us?" the officer asked.

"If it's a warning shot you ignore it, if it's the real deal then you fire back."" Tuori said "Those are the rules of engagements, Petri. Now let's get this ship in Los Dopicos"
Call me Hippo
Factbook

Tiaraan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiaraan » Thu May 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Aether Palace, Aether, Tia'raan

The executor office is usually quiet, chaotic yet peaceful. But the chaos has ceased and the tranquility non-existent. The young president sits at the nation's helm, his desk, watching the large television on the opposite side of the room play. Three other figures accompany him, watching the "TNN" news report that occupies their focus.

The Protectorate Council early this evening has approved of enforcing travel restrictions to the nation of West Cortoguay, along with travel advisories to over eight other nations. This comes after the recent declaration of war between the Republic of Ionland and West Cortoguay. The Aether Palace, has yet to comment on the recent travel restriction.

One of the figures, Julius Ubuntu, director of the Department of Defense steps forward to address the President.

"Well it's official Augustus, the world has finally reached its breaking point. Every country in South Conitia is involved in this upcoming war in some way."

A second figure approaches, a relatively older female. "We must remind our allies of our commitment to the stability of the region, and the rest of Esquarium. Mr. President, I must ask, why do we insist on neutrality. It has never helped us and we always get involved one way or another. We must assist our allies in their time of need." She is identified as Director Hera Koskov, head of the Department of Foreign Relations, a division of the Federal Bureau of Foreign Diplomacy.

The President speaks up, gathering the attention of the three figures.

"The Federal Republic has no obligation for involvement in these affairs, you of all people should know this Director Koskov. Why must you insist on involving ourselves in these affairs?"

"Mr. President, Masseau has been an important ally since the 1930s, they have supported us since the days of the Protectorate, we must reassert this much needed friendship."

The third figure steps forward, Ugo Victis, Vice President of Tia'raan.

"Director Koskov, aiding Masseau will cause Sakatia to cut off all aid to us. Guilty by association, you gotta remember Ionland's association in this matter."

"Agreed." Julius added.

"Director Koskov, I do not plan on abandoning our allies, but involving ourselves in this conflict is out of the question. Infact, I do not wish to leave this office being known as the President who lead the Protectorate to its inevitable destruction." President Talbot rose from his chair and made his way to a cabinet on the far end of the room.

"Ms. Koskov, I'm putting you to work. Send telegrams to the leaders of Ionland and Masseau, ensure that the contents are directed entirely to Ionland. Tell them, that we know their troops are involved in Soyakaze, remove them, and we'll provide non-lethal aid to them and Masseau."

"The contents of the aid Mr. President?" Hera asked.

"The usual, blankets, rations, radios, the good stuff." Talbot replied

"Anything else sir?"

"Send another telegram to the Emperor of Tuthina, I would like our nations to strike a mutual non-aggression pact, preferably an agreement that could hopefully spur economic growth..."

"Is that all?" Hera asked as she was adding notes to her notepad.

"Indeed, now Julius. I want you to ensure our military is at the ready, double the drills, increased naval exercises. I also want our submarines out on patrol missions alongside high traffic merchant routes."

"I'll contact the directors Augustus" Ubuntu said. He bowed and exited the room.

"Ugo, do you have anything to add?" Talbot asked.

"Augustus, this whole situation is far beyond our hands now. What do you intend to do?"

"Easy Ugo, I intend to do research."

Talbot called for his secretary over a desk intercom.

"Mulan, get me as much information as you can on the history of Michillies and Nevanmaa relations, everything you can get." Talbot requested.

"Yes sir Mr. President." Mulan responded.

"You're not really the 'research' type of guy, Augustus."

"When the world is at the risk of ending, I'm willing to do anything."

"Mr. President, a representative of the True Tia'raan militia is here to see you." said the secretary over the intercom.

"Send them in Mulan." he responded.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents