NATION

PASSWORD

Australia-Datu Free Trade Agreement (INVITE ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Australia-Datu Free Trade Agreement (INVITE ONLY)

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat May 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Our counter proposal
COUNTER PROPOAL it MIGHT be edited based on the answers the questions I sent you.
Also, geographical proximity does not eliminate the possibility of introduced pests
Also, how strict is your quarantine measures? Because a person who brings pets could have a significant impact on a nation's crops

1. both rely on tourism as a major industry, so we heavily reduce (or even remove) airport fees for airlines from both nations. We can even lax visa regulations if you're up to it
2. We both rely heavily on technology and agriculture, so we could have bilateral patent and plant breeding recognitions
3. We could build new trade ports between our nations at the or close to the point where our two nations are closest in order to reduce shipping time between them. You're located where real life Papua New Guinea is, right? That would require a North Queensland port
4. Your nation relies heavily on food imports and you export food. If you provide more information, we could consider reduced (but not eliminated) tariffs.
5. We have similar major industries, so a student exchange and mutual degree recognition would benefit both of us greatly
6. There is a limit to how much land foreigners can own in Australia. We could lax (but never remove) this limit for people and companies from Datu
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Datu
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Overview of Datuan Quarantine and Agricultural Importation L

Postby Datu » Sun May 24, 2015 7:14 pm

• Persons shall not be permitted to bring food stuffs containing plant juice or purée(includes grain flour) that is raw and/or unrefined. Refinement can be through baking at temperatures in excess of 462 degree Fahrenheit, or other measures of decontamination from biohazards such as agricultural pests and bacteria. No food items not vacuum sealed from factory or are uncovered or are in open packaging shall not be allowed to enter the country past the security checkpoints without proof of being pest free which is the responsibility of the person importing such items. All banned items are to be seized and destroyed at all checkpoints. A fine of $341 USD $426.20 AUSD) per pound or fraction thereof per item.
  • Animal Foods are banned from import if not from approved brands that have been inspected by Datuan Authorities and if not sealed in original packaging from factory.
  • Cannabis despite legality here is barred from importation and subject to anti-smuggling laws.
  • Raw meat can only be imported with a permit. A permit will be issued when proof that the butchered meat comes from a farm free from mad cow disease and cow pox in the last 7 years as well as a clear plan for maintaining conditions that keep the meet edible without contamination from butchery to final point of sale. Raw meat permits cost USD $0.14 per pound or fraction there of per shipment weight.
  • Live animals for purposes of livestock are now banned (Lutak-Ubandun Act of 1996 placed a 45 year ban on importation) from importation unless temporarily here for an event.
  • All visiting animals including domesticated and livestock animals, must have a clear medical history from contagious disease and up to date parvo, rabies, and pox shots prior to arrival. The animals are not allowed to leave the mode of transportation unless every shot was administered prior to being shipped.
  • All animals that enter are subject to three days quarantine during which they are administered blood tests for viral contagions and Datumite IVs (Lithium Hydrodatuate) which is an immune system booster.
  • Insects and crustaceans are banned from import, period, no exceptions.
  • Animals and produce that have been found to have violated these ordinances are to be seized and if need be, destroyed.
The Unaounist Democratic Republic of Datu

Datu
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Agriculture in Datu

Postby Datu » Sun May 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Produce and Livestock grown legally in Datu:
The Agricultural Office requires all farms to report 3 times a years as to what crops and/or livestock they are raising, including seeds. A farm is defined as any plot of land at which 80% of the property is designated for growing crops or livestock, or any plot of land that self-recognizes itself as a farm. There are currently 2,980 farms in Datu covering around 24% of the land. Much of the domestic produce is sold overseas where they can get a better price than domestically, creating a market heavily dependent upon imported grains, prepared meals and sauces, meat, dairy, and other foods.
  • Sugar Cane - 7,500 Tonnes per year (Most Exported Produce)
  • Apricot - 89 Tonnes per year
  • Banana - 1,220 tonnes per year
  • Coconut - 70 tonnes per year
  • Durian - 81 Tonnes per year
  • Pineapple - 11 Tonnes per year
  • Pomelo - 11 Tonnes per year
  • Mangosteen - 127 Tonnes per year
  • Carambola - 12 Tonnes per year
  • Datuan Waxfruit (A relative of Mangosteens but with a harder, waxy outside and is blue in color with a small pale meaty interior) - 73 Tonnes per year but this fruit is also illegally harvest from public lands which means it is more like 320 Tonnes per year
  • Chickpeas - 99 Tonnes per year
  • Macadamia (Which were introduced by Australian tourists in the 1950s and became a nuisance in Nature Parks) - 32 Tonnes per year
  • Goji Berries - 5 Tonnes per year (Least Exported Produce)
  • Kumquats - 7 Tonnes per year
  • Alfalfa - Not calculated as it is grown for use as domestic feed for livestock
  • Chili Peppers - 18 Tonnes per year
  • Ginger 7 Tonnes per year
  • Taro - 47 Tonnes per year (Not exported as grown as local staple grain)
  • Water Buffalo - 377 Heads
  • Dairy Cattle - 179 Heads
  • Bison - 14 heads
  • Longhorn Cattle - 192 Heads
  • Chickens - 3,090,422 Heads
  • Horses - 703 Heads
  • Swine - 1,403 Heads
  • Ducks - 2,409,002 Heads
  • Geese - 405,697 Heads

Also when you say why don't you stop importing and use what you have first?, well keep in mind 57% of the Population lives in the 3 largest cities, the next 23% live in factory dominated cities, 10% live in mountainous lands not suitable for farming, 5% live in fishing towns, and the remaining 2% actually live in rural farming communities.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon May 25, 2015 1:20 am

Datu wrote:Produce and Livestock grown legally in Datu:
The Agricultural Office requires all farms to report 3 times a years as to what crops and/or livestock they are raising, including seeds. A farm is defined as any plot of land at which 80% of the property is designated for growing crops or livestock, or any plot of land that self-recognizes itself as a farm. There are currently 2,980 farms in Datu covering around 24% of the land. Much of the domestic produce is sold overseas where they can get a better price than domestically, creating a market heavily dependent upon imported grains, prepared meals and sauces, meat, dairy, and other foods.
  • Sugar Cane - 7,500 Tonnes per year (Most Exported Produce)
  • Apricot - 89 Tonnes per year
  • Banana - 1,220 tonnes per year
  • Coconut - 70 tonnes per year
  • Durian - 81 Tonnes per year
  • Pineapple - 11 Tonnes per year
  • Pomelo - 11 Tonnes per year
  • Mangosteen - 127 Tonnes per year
  • Carambola - 12 Tonnes per year
  • Datuan Waxfruit (A relative of Mangosteens but with a harder, waxy outside and is blue in color with a small pale meaty interior) - 73 Tonnes per year but this fruit is also illegally harvest from public lands which means it is more like 320 Tonnes per year
  • Chickpeas - 99 Tonnes per year
  • Macadamia (Which were introduced by Australian tourists in the 1950s and became a nuisance in Nature Parks) - 32 Tonnes per year
  • Goji Berries - 5 Tonnes per year (Least Exported Produce)
  • Kumquats - 7 Tonnes per year
  • Alfalfa - Not calculated as it is grown for use as domestic feed for livestock
  • Chili Peppers - 18 Tonnes per year
  • Ginger 7 Tonnes per year
  • Taro - 47 Tonnes per year (Not exported as grown as local staple grain)
  • Water Buffalo - 377 Heads
  • Dairy Cattle - 179 Heads
  • Bison - 14 heads
  • Longhorn Cattle - 192 Heads
  • Chickens - 3,090,422 Heads
  • Horses - 703 Heads
  • Swine - 1,403 Heads
  • Ducks - 2,409,002 Heads
  • Geese - 405,697 Heads

Also when you say why don't you stop importing and use what you have first?, well keep in mind 57% of the Population lives in the 3 largest cities, the next 23% live in factory dominated cities, 10% live in mountainous lands not suitable for farming, 5% live in fishing towns, and the remaining 2% actually live in rural farming communities.

We grow the same things.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon May 25, 2015 1:20 am

Where does your nation stand on HACCP?
Where do you stand on my counter proposal?

Datu
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Datu » Mon May 25, 2015 3:46 pm

My country is a tier 2 country (tier 1 being advanced/highly developed) alongside countries like China, Malaysia, Brazil, etc. HACCP could be enforced heavily in the major cities but the farther you go away from population centers the least likely it is to being enforced. I like you points for the counter proposal but it I detracting from what was initially put forth. The point was to allow us to sell to you for a better price while allowing prices on imported necessities to decrease at the same time. I'd like to haggle out the agricultural part as the main priority although I am very much liking and open to your proposal.

Datu
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

As for a Mutual degree recognition

Postby Datu » Mon May 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Datu wrote:Certification 1: 1-2 years of higher education usually just general education with some program requirement introduction classes. This certificate is better than a diploma but does not carry much of educational accomplishment. Associates degree equivalent.

Certification 2: 3-5 years of higher education including General education but also many nonspecific program requirement classes. Bachelors degree equivalent.

Certification 3: 5-7 years of higher educational general education and specified program requirement classes specified for a certain degree area. Bachelors to Doctorate equivalent.

Doctorate: 1-2 years beyond a Certification 3. Advance training in a specific field. Doctorate to postdoctoral degree equivalent.

I don't know your degree system so please give me your equivalency in terms of associates, bachelors, masters, etc so we can then work out a clearer picture.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 27, 2015 10:51 pm

See the thing is, HACCP is extremely important in our nation, where by every single food item sold or imported must meet HACCP accreditation

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Datu wrote:
Datu wrote:Certification 1: 1-2 years of higher education usually just general education with some program requirement introduction classes. This certificate is better than a diploma but does not carry much of educational accomplishment. Associates degree equivalent.

Certification 2: 3-5 years of higher education including General education but also many nonspecific program requirement classes. Bachelors degree equivalent.

Certification 3: 5-7 years of higher educational general education and specified program requirement classes specified for a certain degree area. Bachelors to Doctorate equivalent.

Doctorate: 1-2 years beyond a Certification 3. Advance training in a specific field. Doctorate to postdoctoral degree equivalent.

I don't know your degree system so please give me your equivalency in terms of associates, bachelors, masters, etc so we can then work out a clearer picture.

Every degree and subject area is different

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Create your own counter proposal

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri May 29, 2015 8:42 pm

bump

Datu
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Datu » Sat May 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Sorry, I am going on a trip for a few days so won't be able to post. I'll think of a counter proposal over the trip and write it when I get back.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents