NATION

PASSWORD

Volcanic & political erupton in Perotasoa [OPEN, MT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Fri May 22, 2015 6:35 am

Perotasoa wrote:After Danyal's appeal failed (Troy appeared in court and appears to be fit as a horse mentally. He just says he doesn't remember the nitty-gritty details of the Alternative manifesto), the Premier has launched the election campaign, with the election taking place in just under a weeks time. He has urged voters to turn again towards the government that has brought Perotasoa forward internationally and economically. Meanwhile, Alternative has had its first election rally, which was very well attended.

Regent Vince is sitting in the Palace living room, waiting for Napoleon and the Cabinet to show up. He wants to discuss whether he should leave for Perotasoa for the election campaign, and if so, with anyone?

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Fri May 22, 2015 7:00 am

Regent Vince wrote:
Perotasoa wrote:After Danyal's appeal failed (Troy appeared in court and appears to be fit as a horse mentally. He just says he doesn't remember the nitty-gritty details of the Alternative manifesto), the Premier has launched the election campaign, with the election taking place in just under a weeks time. He has urged voters to turn again towards the government that has brought Perotasoa forward internationally and economically. Meanwhile, Alternative has had its first election rally, which was very well attended.

Regent Vince is sitting in the Palace living room, waiting for Napoleon and the Cabinet to show up. He wants to discuss whether he should leave for Perotasoa for the election campaign, and if so, with anyone?

Napoleon and the Cabinet arrive in the room. They are curious about what Vince wants to speak with them about.
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Bohekvia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bohekvia » Fri May 22, 2015 7:02 am

The Empire of Bohekvia is sending over an aid package

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Fri May 22, 2015 7:05 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon and the Cabinet arrive in the room. They are curious about what Vince wants to speak with them about.

"Good morning everyone. I am anxious to hear your opinions on plans for me to travel to Perotasoa to campaign for the current government to hold power. I think that it wouldn't be for nothing if I did go, but I would like to hear your opinions regarding this. If I do go, will anyone else come with from the NMK?"

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Fri May 22, 2015 7:11 am

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon and the Cabinet arrive in the room. They are curious about what Vince wants to speak with them about.

"Good morning everyone. I am anxious to hear your opinions on plans for me to travel to Perotasoa to campaign for the current government to hold power. I think that it wouldn't be for nothing if I did go, but I would like to hear your opinions regarding this. If I do go, will anyone else come with from the NMK?"

Napoleon said "I want to go. Perotasoa sounds nice. Votl thought so too."
The Minister of Foreign Affairs said "That would be a good idea. Promote the current government in power. Of course, I would recommend taking some security forces with you."
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Fri May 22, 2015 7:13 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon said "I want to go. Perotasoa sounds nice. Votl thought so too."
The Minister of Foreign Affairs said "That would be a good idea. Promote the current government in power. Of course, I would recommend taking some security forces with you."

Vince nods his head in agreement. He turns to Napoleon.

"What would you want to do in Perotasoa?"

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Fri May 22, 2015 7:19 am

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon said "I want to go. Perotasoa sounds nice. Votl thought so too."

Vince nods his head in agreement. He turns to Napoleon.

"What would you want to do in Perotasoa?"

Napoleon responded "Explore, make new friends, have fun, see a new place"

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Fri May 22, 2015 7:23 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon responded "Explore, make new friends, have fun, see a new place"

"And so you will. We will join Danyal, the Premier, on the campaign, and we will be exploring Ophir, Peratasa and maybe Ubuikon where we will meet residents, give speeches, and encourage people to make the right decision in the election and stay in the alliance with Perotasoa."

Vince was now more confident. He called a servant, told him to arrange for his flight to Ophir Royal Airport and to contact the Premier regarding their arrival. He rose out of his seat, ready to pack his essentials and leave.

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Fri May 22, 2015 7:31 am

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon responded "Explore, make new friends, have fun, see a new place"

"And so you will. We will join Danyal, the Premier, on the campaign, and we will be exploring Ophir, Peratasa and maybe Ubuikon where we will meet residents, give speeches, and encourage people to make the right decision in the election and stay in the alliance with Perotasoa."

Vince was now more confident. He called a servant, told him to arrange for his flight to Ophir Royal Airport and to contact the Premier regarding their arrival. He rose out of his seat, ready to pack his essentials and leave.

Napoleon is excited. He went up to his room to pack some things while someone else packed some clothes for him. Meanwhile, the Minister of Foreign Affairs asked "What kind of security do you want to take with you?"

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Fri May 22, 2015 7:47 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:
Regent Vince wrote:

Napoleon is excited. He went up to his room to pack some things while someone else packed some clothes for him. Meanwhile, the Minister of Foreign Affairs asked "What kind of security do you want to take with you?"

"Disguised NMK soldiers. I no longer trust Perotasoan ones, plus they should be disguised so Alternative doesn't use the fact that I am in the NMK and have a Mushroomian bodyguard. Which ministers from the NMK should come along, do you think? Yourself, perhaps?"

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Fri May 22, 2015 7:52 am

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon is excited. He went up to his room to pack some things while someone else packed some clothes for him. Meanwhile, the Minister of Foreign Affairs asked "What kind of security do you want to take with you?"

"Disguised NMK soldiers. I no longer trust Perotasoan ones, plus they should be disguised so Alternative doesn't use the fact that I am in the NMK and have a Mushroomian bodyguard. Which ministers from the NMK should come along, do you think? Yourself, perhaps?"

The Minister of Foreign Affairs responded with "I will contact the Commander to arrange the former. About the latter, I would suggest that one of the economic ministers could come along. Or perhaps my deputy."

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Fri May 22, 2015 7:57 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Minister of Foreign Affairs responded with "I will contact the Commander to arrange the former. About the latter, I would suggest that one of the economic ministers could come along. Or perhaps my deputy."

"A wise idea. After all, Perotasoa's motto is not "It's the economy, stupid" for nothing. The economy is taken very seriously. So can you deal with their accompaniment?"

Vince went to his private quarters to take his essentials. Whichever way the election goes, he would need to keep his belongings in these rooms. He hoped he would be returning with the Perotasoan government's help.

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Fri May 22, 2015 8:07 am

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Minister of Foreign Affairs responded with "I will contact the Commander to arrange the former. About the latter, I would suggest that one of the economic ministers could come along. Or perhaps my deputy."

"A wise idea. After all, Perotasoa's motto is not "It's the economy, stupid" for nothing. The economy is taken very seriously. So can you deal with their accompaniment?"

Vince went to his private quarters to take his essentials. Whichever way the election goes, he would need to keep his belongings in these rooms. He hoped he would be returning with the Perotasoan government's help.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs got to work preparing the trip. He worried a little about their security, but trusted that the Commander would handle it fine.

Googolsia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Googolsia » Fri May 22, 2015 5:04 pm

The Holy Empire of Googolsia is prepared to send UAV surveillance aircraft to aid in the search for survivors, in addition to one of our C130 Hercules aircraft with aid supplies. If requested, we may include troops with these supplies to provide security and SAR services to Perotasoa.
Hi there, I'm Googolsia.

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Perotasoa » Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 am

As the end of the election campaign draws near, the Premier will be giving his final speech.

“Friends, Perotasoa is on the edge of a knife now. And our nation has been before. Perotasoa has still not seen one hundred years as a unified nation-state. We have met many challenges before, but we have overcome them. This challenge before us now, we must overcome it with a very important decision. The decision that Perotasoa wants the country like one offered by our new constitution, the Royal States. We need a powerful leadership, offered by the Royal family. Emperor Djon, our first leader, united the quarrelling nations in the Perotasoan islands into one Perotasoa. We may be united now, but we still face a group that wants to corrupt Perotasoa and block its success. Which other group would murder our diplomat who championed our economic needs by building an alliance with the NMK?

“Friends, I urge you to sincerely reject this group as you stand in the voting booth holding that pencil. Our new constitution has been improving things rapidly. Don’t hand power to Alternative! Do not believe their sly rhetoric! If we work together with patience, we will build a stronger Perotasoa.”

He received a loud applause
This has to be the greatest political phrase ever uttered in the history of human civilization:
"It's the economy, stupid"

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Tue May 26, 2015 3:02 am

Vince, together with the young Emperor Napoleon II of the NMK and a few security personnel, is standing outside the Imperial Palace in Peratasa, in the pleasant Perotasoan evening. This is his last speech to conclude the election campaign. Afterwards, he wants to take Napoleon around town and make his visit popular with the people.

“Good evening, friends, both here in Peratasa and in the rest of our great Perotasoa. Recently, I have taken the post of Regent of the NMK after Votl. I can tell you first-hand; our alliance with the NMK has benefited us hugely and will be even more helpful if the Premier’s plans of economic union are implemented. The Premier has a brilliant plan for our economy that I am sure Alternative will be unable to replicate. We must vote for not just more of the same as Alternative has said, but a constantly improving government as it has shown itself to be. The future of Perotasoa depends on this election: do we want to continue our steady advancement, or are we weak enough to allow others to stop it?”

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Perotasoa » Tue May 26, 2015 3:30 am

Bront was giving the last speech, he hoped, before the main one before the Petra (Perotasoan parliament).

“Friends, we are being told by the establishment that we should continue with the current state of affairs, simply because it was good before. Or may I correct, it was good before compared with even further back. The grandfather of the Royal family of Perotasoa, Emperor Djon, was after all the man who united Perotasoa and formed it as the nation-state it is today. But let us not forget something: his actions by no means justify the power the Royal family has now over our nation. Despite the fact that we see growth and improvement, the government held up by the Royal family of Perotasoa is holding Perotasoa back from further success and advancement. The time is now ripe for Perotasoa to reject its Royal family and determine its own future. I have been touring the country this election and I have seen the patriotism of our people. I have seen how Perotasoa is a strong and unified nation that no longer needs the backbone of the Royal family that first held it together. Alternative does not claim that everything has gone wrong and that it needs to repair everything. It wants Perotasoa to now begin a new stage of advancement, a stage where Perotasoa can stand on its own two feet without the inhibitions of a constitutional monarchy.”

The applause was very loud. This marked the end of Alternative’s election campaign.
This has to be the greatest political phrase ever uttered in the history of human civilization:

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Tue May 26, 2015 5:29 am

Napoleon was walking with Vince and thier bodyguards / other officials. He was enjoying what he had seen of Perotasoa. While he was walking, he looked up to Vince and asked "What is the best place for me to see and talk with people?"

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Tue May 26, 2015 12:54 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon was walking with Vince and thier bodyguards / other officials. He was enjoying what he had seen of Perotasoa. While he was walking, he looked up to Vince and asked "What is the best place for me to see and talk with people?"

Vince thought.

"I believe we are going to be heading for Ophir soon by ferry. Ophir's the capital, and it has quite a pleasant atmosphere. We can then tour the rest of Maishan Province - the only province that's on mainland Asia.

"But, more importantly, we'll soon here the election results, and then we'll need to join Danyal to see what's next, whatever the result."

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Tue May 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon was walking with Vince and thier bodyguards / other officials. He was enjoying what he had seen of Perotasoa. While he was walking, he looked up to Vince and asked "What is the best place for me to see and talk with people?"

Vince thought.

"I believe we are going to be heading for Ophir soon by ferry. Ophir's the capital, and it has quite a pleasant atmosphere. We can then tour the rest of Maishan Province - the only province that's on mainland Asia.

"But, more importantly, we'll soon here the election results, and then we'll need to join Danyal to see what's next, whatever the result."

Napoleon responded "That sounds fun. I've never done a tour before."

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Tue May 26, 2015 1:01 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon responded "That sounds fun. I've never done a tour before."

The grand boat is waiting for them. They board and make their way to the front, where comfy deckchairs and refreshments await them. Vince smiles and settles down in the cool evening.

"Well, gentlemen, what are your thoughts on the situation? It seems very hard to tell which way this election is heading."

OOC: Should we go to the election result or should we delay it?

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Tue May 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Napoleon responded "That sounds fun. I've never done a tour before."

The grand boat is waiting for them. They board and make their way to the front, where comfy deckchairs and refreshments await them. Vince smiles and settles down in the cool evening.

"Well, gentlemen, what are your thoughts on the situation? It seems very hard to tell which way this election is heading."

OOC: Should we go to the election result or should we delay it?

OOC: We can have them now.
The gentlemen around Vince say "I will think Progressive will win, but I want Danyal to win. If only to spite Troy and save yourself."

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Election results emerge

Postby Perotasoa » Tue May 26, 2015 1:09 pm

The votes have been counted and the result of the Perotasoan Election is intriguing. The incumbent Premier Danyal, backed by the Conservative Democrats and Green Liberals who had formed his last government, has gained a marginal yet clear majority. However, the results are not as simple as this. The Perotasoan electoral system of first past the post has distorted the real number of votes. In fact, 62% of the electorate voted for Alternative. What will follow is sure to be very dramatic.

Meanwhile, the Premier has called for his new government to convene as soon as possible in the Petra in Ophir. He has also summoned Regent Vince and the NMK ministers, saying he will hold an Economic Summit after the convening of the new government to discuss the future of the Perotasoan-NMK economic union.

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Tue May 26, 2015 1:12 pm

Perotasoa wrote:The votes have been counted and the result of the Perotasoan Election is intriguing. The incumbent Premier Danyal, backed by the Conservative Democrats and Green Liberals who had formed his last government, has gained a marginal yet clear majority. However, the results are not as simple as this. The Perotasoan electoral system of first past the post has distorted the real number of votes. In fact, 62% of the electorate voted for Alternative. What will follow is sure to be very dramatic.

Meanwhile, the Premier has called for his new government to convene as soon as possible in the Petra in Ophir. He has also summoned Regent Vince and the NMK ministers, saying he will hold an Economic Summit after the convening of the new government to discuss the future of the Perotasoan-NMK economic union.

The NMK ministers traveling with Vince are excited for this, while Napoleon is happy that he's traveling to a new place.

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Tue May 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Vince sighed. There really was nothing to say. After the leave the ferry, they will have to head straight to Danyal. While happy about the result, he was nervous for Alternative's reaction. They wouldn't stand for this.

"Napoleon," Vince looked at the young boy, "what do you think of the Ophir skyline.", he says as he gazes towards the approaching shore and the towering city.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents