NATION

PASSWORD

Volcanic & political erupton in Perotasoa [OPEN, MT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 10:40 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The officials and ministers selected for the Cabinet assemble and wait for Vince.

Vince enters the room.

"Good evening Gentlemen. So, what would you say is now happening in the NMK. Everythings running smoothly? And also - how have people reacted to my regency and to all the recent news?"

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 am

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The officials and ministers selected for the Cabinet assemble and wait for Vince.

Vince enters the room.

"Good evening Gentlemen. So, what would you say is now happening in the NMK. Everythings running smoothly? And also - how have people reacted to my regency and to all the recent news?"

"Everything is running smoothly. Our armed forces are approaching the ESS / ELA as per plans laid out before Votl's death. All government departments are running well. Unlike Votl, the public have had a rather positive reaction to you. They seem to like you because you are on the same wavelength as the Conservative Mushrooms. However, there is some concern about Napoleon's treatment. Want to know more?"
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 11:34 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:"Everything is running smoothly. Our armed forces are approaching the ESS / ELA as per plans laid out before Votl's death. All government departments are running well. Unlike Votl, the public have had a rather positive reaction to you. They seem to like you because you are on the same wavelength as the Conservative Mushrooms. However, there is some concern about Napoleon's treatment. Want to know more?"

"Yes definitely." Vince looks grave.

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:"Everything is running smoothly. Our armed forces are approaching the ESS / ELA as per plans laid out before Votl's death. All government departments are running well. Unlike Votl, the public have had a rather positive reaction to you. They seem to like you because you are on the same wavelength as the Conservative Mushrooms. However, there is some concern about Napoleon's treatment. Want to know more?"

"Yes definitely." Vince looks grave.

"Napoleon publically said you would cold to him before you changed your tune. Additionally, he hasn't been seen in public outside of that for a while." was the response
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 12:12 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:"Napoleon publically said you would cold to him before you changed your tune. Additionally, he hasn't been seen in public outside of that for a while." was the response

Vince sighed.
"I was thinking of a state visit of either the Perotasoan Royal family here or Napoleon and us to Perotasoa, but with the mess with Alternative that will be impossible. Do you think we need a parade?"

At the back of his mind, Vince cringed as he said this. He remembered watching Votl do the same and it had left a permanent scar on him.

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Breaking News in Perotasoa - Alternative heralds election

Postby Perotasoa » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Shocking news from Perotasoa: Alternative has become an official party in Perotasoa after it finally received the backing of a member of the royal family, which is what’s required for a political group to become a valid party in Perotasoa. Troy, the ailing uncle of Premier Danyal, has given his backing to Alternative, saying “they are a thoughtful bunch of blokes who I think can really be popular with the people and rule the country well *cough* [sic]”. This has shocked the rest of the Perotasoan Royal family, particularly because this means there will have to be an election soon because Alternative has so much support. Some of the media accuse Troy of doing this because he lost becoming Regent of the NMK, but he has not mentioned anything about this. Meanwhile, Bront is expected to give a speech to formally announce the news and to start his campaign for the impending election.
This has to be the greatest political phrase ever uttered in the history of human civilization:
"It's the economy, stupid"

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:"Napoleon publically said you would cold to him before you changed your tune. Additionally, he hasn't been seen in public outside of that for a while." was the response

Vince sighed.
"I was thinking of a state visit of either the Perotasoan Royal family here or Napoleon and us to Perotasoa, but with the mess with Alternative that will be impossible. Do you think we need a parade?"

At the back of his mind, Vince cringed as he said this. He remembered watching Votl do the same and it had left a permanent scar on him.

The Commander of the Secret Service stood up. He said "What we need depends on what you want? I personally feel a parade would be nice. However, I am uneasy with the Perotasoan situation. Perhaps they would be safer here. At the end of the day, it's your decision to make."

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander of the Secret Service stood up. He said "What we need depends on what you want? I personally feel a parade would be nice. However, I am uneasy with the Perotasoan situation. Perhaps they would be safer here. At the end of the day, it's your decision to make."

OOC: He can't see the back of Vince's mind, remember? ;)

The Cabinet share the news of the impending election and Vince is shocked.

"I can't ask any Perotasoan to come here. Not with the election coming up, not with the growing popularity of Alternative. The situation is dangerous. I need the people of the NMK to bear with me and trust me now because this is the only chance we have of saving our ally!"

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander of the Secret Service stood up. He said "What we need depends on what you want? I personally feel a parade would be nice. However, I am uneasy with the Perotasoan situation. Perhaps they would be safer here. At the end of the day, it's your decision to make."

OOC: He can't see the back of Vince's mind, remember? ;)

The Cabinet share the news of the impending election and Vince is shocked.

"I can't ask any Perotasoan to come here. Not with the election coming up, not with the growing popularity of Alternative. The situation is dangerous. I need the people of the NMK to bear with me and trust me now because this is the only chance we have of saving our ally!"

The Commander responds "I agree, good point. However, I am recieving word from the Minister of Foreign Affairs that Alternative is now backed by a member of the royal family. No prizes for guessing which."

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 12:41 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander responds "I agree, good point. However, I am recieving word from the Minister of Foreign Affairs that Alternative is now backed by a member of the royal family. No prizes for guessing which."

Vince sighed deeply. Things had been getting worse and worse and worse.

"That doesn't mean anything to Alternative. You don't understand who they are! They will win the vote and have the Royal family's heads, even Troy's. They are not something to be underestimated or joked about. I never thought they day would come where I would feel more secure here than in my own father's empire!"

OOC: The highly popular in his time, first Emperor of Perotasoa was Djon, late father of Vince.

Ehrenkost
Lobbyist

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ehrenkost » Thu May 21, 2015 12:45 pm

The sky roared over the islands as a group of small planes, bombers, and cargo planes flying ELA colors. Suddenly, the bomb bays opened, and wooden crates of food and water fell out, parachutes opening. Then the small planes dived down, revealing themselves to be cropdusters. They sprayed down the magma and fires, doing a somewhat good job. Finally, the cargo planes landed, and small firetrucks, groups of soldiers, and other crates came out.

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Perotasoa » Thu May 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Ehrenkost wrote:The sky roared over the islands as a group of small planes, bombers, and cargo planes flying ELA colors. Suddenly, the bomb bays opened, and wooden crates of food and water fell out, parachutes opening. Then the small planes dived down, revealing themselves to be cropdusters. They sprayed down the magma and fires, doing a somewhat good job. Finally, the cargo planes landed, and small firetrucks, groups of soldiers, and other crates came out.

Eh? You invading? What the hell?
This has to be the greatest political phrase ever uttered in the history of human civilization:

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander responds "I agree, good point. However, I am recieving word from the Minister of Foreign Affairs that Alternative is now backed by a member of the royal family. No prizes for guessing which."

Vince sighed deeply. Things had been getting worse and worse and worse.

"That doesn't mean anything to Alternative. You don't understand who they are! They will win the vote and have the Royal family's heads, even Troy's. They are not something to be underestimated or joked about. I never thought they day would come where I would feel more secure here than in my own father's empire!"

OOC: The highly popular in his time, first Emperor of Perotasoa was Djon, late father of Vince.

The Commander was shocked and said "You're telling me that Troy has just unknowningly signed his death warrant? Perhaps it would be wise to tell him this. Anyway, it must be a very odd feeling. As for Alternative, you have a variety of options available. Anything in mind?"

Ehrenkost
Lobbyist

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ehrenkost » Thu May 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Perotasoa wrote:
Ehrenkost wrote:The sky roared over the islands as a group of small planes, bombers, and cargo planes flying ELA colors. Suddenly, the bomb bays opened, and wooden crates of food and water fell out, parachutes opening. Then the small planes dived down, revealing themselves to be cropdusters. They sprayed down the magma and fires, doing a somewhat good job. Finally, the cargo planes landed, and small firetrucks, groups of soldiers, and other crates came out.

Eh? You invading? What the hell?

No, I'm not invading.

Remember, we just got out out of a civil war, and these are the only thinks we have. The crates have food and water, we're trying to put out the fires, and the soldiers are just there to be medics and handle everything.

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Perotasoa » Thu May 21, 2015 12:53 pm

The cheers for Bront were deafening and worrying.

“Hello Perotasoa!” Bront screamed as he waved at all his fans before him. This was the night he had been waiting for.

“I have always said, we shall win our nation back, whether peacefully or by force. And I am proud to announce this evening, we shall push for peace with peace!

“Friends, we have an election coming up. We all know what to do – put the tick, not a cross, by an alternative. The Alternative!”

The cheers were turning into shrieks of wild animals.

“Our Alternative is becoming so popular, that even a member of the royal family agrees that it has gone wrong. May I present… Troy!”

The cheers this time were not cheers, but part booing part shouting.

Troy looked up complacently and opened his mouth.

“Very rowdy crowd isn’t it? Well, I’m sure you’ve heard, I am very pleased to back Alternative, and I sincerely hope they go to greater heights and very soon, I hope to be your Emperor. Thank you very much.”

As the crowds roared, the media cameras were abruptly switched off, ending the broadcast.

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 12:58 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander was shocked and said "You're telling me that Troy has just unknowningly signed his death warrant? Perhaps it would be wise to tell him this. Anyway, it must be a very odd feeling. As for Alternative, you have a variety of options available. Anything in mind?"

The ministers in the Cabinet watch Bront's speech in absolute horror.

"I expect Danyal will do something about this - Troy is clearly senile and does not realise what he is doing. Maybe he can have this backing invalidated before an election date is set. Something about this is really, really wrong."

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Thu May 21, 2015 1:01 pm

OOC: We will take in any and all survivors of the disaster and the political issues.
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander was shocked and said "You're telling me that Troy has just unknowningly signed his death warrant? Perhaps it would be wise to tell him this. Anyway, it must be a very odd feeling. As for Alternative, you have a variety of options available. Anything in mind?"

The ministers in the Cabinet watch Bront's speech in absolute horror.

"I expect Danyal will do something about this - Troy is clearly senile and does not realise what he is doing. Maybe he can have this backing invalidated before an election date is set. Something about this is really, really wrong."

The Commander agrees "Yes, something is badly wrong. Should we tell Troy what he's backed? Or Danyal?"

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Perotasoa » Thu May 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Premier Danyal has filed a request to the High Court, the highest court in Perotasoa that deals with constitutional matters, saying that Troy should be invalidated from endorsing political groups due to a lack of basic knowledge in Alternative's manifesto.

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 1:16 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander agrees "Yes, something is badly wrong. Should we tell Troy what he's backed? Or Danyal?"

The Cabinet hear the news. Things are bad. Vince makes some quick thinking.
"We've got to do something to help. There is probably going to be an election, and I can't sit back and watch Perotasoa collapse."

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Commander agrees "Yes, something is badly wrong. Should we tell Troy what he's backed? Or Danyal?"

The Cabinet hear the news. Things are bad. Vince makes some quick thinking.
"We've got to do something to help. There is probably going to be an election, and I can't sit back and watch Perotasoa collapse."

There was nodding of agreement throughout the room. The Commander spoke because he was already stood up "So what do you want us to do? You have near-aboslute authority as per the Regent Act."

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 1:22 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:There was nodding of agreement throughout the room. The Commander spoke because he was already stood up "So what do you want us to do? You have near-aboslute authority as per the Regent Act."

"Oh, I don't know! Alternative is somehow using the fact that the NMK is an ally of the Perotasoan Royal family to gain votes! Should I fly back to Perotasoa for the campaign? What do you advise?"

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu May 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Regent Vince wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:There was nodding of agreement throughout the room. The Commander spoke because he was already stood up "So what do you want us to do? You have near-aboslute authority as per the Regent Act."

"Oh, I don't know! Alternative is somehow using the fact that the NMK is an ally of the Perotasoan Royal family to gain votes! Should I fly back to Perotasoa for the campaign? What do you advise?"

The Minister of Intelligence spoke up "Turn the argument on it's head. Demonstrate the benefits of being allied with the NMK. Our strong economy and excellently funded armed forces might help there. Just don't mention the corruption."

Regent Vince
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regent Vince » Thu May 21, 2015 1:30 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The Minister of Intelligence spoke up "Turn the argument on it's head. Demonstrate the benefits of being allied with the NMK. Our strong economy and excellently funded armed forces might help there. Just don't mention the corruption."

Vince's face twisted.
"Well, that'd be a last minute resort type of thing. Because Alternative is nationalist and advocates not having allies like the NMK. They even dared to say that Votl only came here because he wanted to rule! But I think its worth a shot..."

Perotasoa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Perotasoa » Fri May 22, 2015 5:43 am

After Danyal's appeal failed (Troy appeared in court and appears to be fit as a horse mentally. He just says he doesn't remember the nitty-gritty details of the Alternative manifesto), the Premier has launched the election campaign, with the election taking place in just under a weeks time. He has urged voters to turn again towards the government that has brought Perotasoa forward internationally and economically. Meanwhile, Alternative has had its first election rally, which was very well attended.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents