NATION

PASSWORD

Stranded (IC, CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Stranded (IC, CLOSED)

Postby Pavonistade » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:28 pm

OOC Thread | IC Thread

1800 hours local time
Pavonistadian wild west
May 2, 2015

It hadn't gone according to plan. It's no longer an expedition to explore the unknown.

John Mombasa struggled to comprehend what happened in an hour's time. His main objective now was to seek whatever safety there is in the vast unknown. He looked over the survivors, all wet and depressed by pouring rain, and then he glanced at the cloudy skies responsible for the rain. Dragging him were the supplies and material that he and others were able to retrieve before the unthinkable happened. Although it wasn't too much, the desperate group was fortunate to have other than nothing.

Mombasa knew well that the two ships encountered the unthinkable in the Pavonistadian Sea. The terrible weather experienced now was the same one that was gone through during that drastic time, and it had to be the weather that ended the survivors at where they are. They were among the few that were able to emerge out of the chaos at sea. A lot of luck, indeed; no one could be sure what hapened to the scientific and expeditionary crew.

As the coast was littered with humans and their vestige, the sight of the two doomed ships had long disappeared. But without contact, and without communication with the rest of the world, it seems that hopes of timely rescue are low. To Mombasa, it's no excuse to give up hope of making it back to civilization.

As he attempted to collect the group together and into the wild jungles, he could only ask himself why such destiny befell on him and everyone else.

Hours earlier
0700 hours local time
Lokimia, Western Pavonistade
May 2

The cries of seagulls and the soothing sounds of sea waves filled the coast, and it seemed to be paradise for a newcomer. Over in the jammed ports it was a different story. Large crowds of people waved, cheered, screamed, expressed their calls of support towards two mighty vessels as they began to leave the Lokimian ports. First was the IEPHS Cagliari, the green-water research vessel to be staffed by scientific crew, and the PS Sailor, which was populated by a group of civilians processed by high-ranking authorities.

The IEPHS Cagliari is a magnificent conglomerate of metals and electronics. Thanks to funding by the Western Pavonistadian government and by other NGO's, It is fitted with several state-of-the-art technology for special expeditionary purposes. Alongisde the equipment comes a brilliant team of twelve researchers coming from the different branches of science. As for the PS Sailor, it is a minor passenger ship serving as a residence for twelve civilians. For a time, the ship may seem something like home for all aboard, but it was not a whole lot when compared to a luxurious ocean liner for example.

Both embarked on a trip that is slated to mark history. The two ships inched on the blue sea and slipped away from the crowd's view. Every second they were increasingly surrounded by the sea, and in a short while they were on their own. For several hours straight the two vessels seared unopposed through the vast plane of water, and for the humans on the ships the ocean was an empty-yet-mesmerizing scenery. The sky was mostly clear, dotted with a few clouds. Over in the distance, however, both the crew and the civilians can gaze at a layer of grey darkening clouds. If this is a prelude to a storm at sea, it can't be very pretty.

Several more hours passed. The sun was starting to descend and the moon was beginning to replace the dominant body of the sky. Both cannot be well-seen as the stormy clouds roamed unchecked. It became the source of pouring rain, which was accompanied by less-than-stellar temperatures and waves. In spite of all that was outside, the researchers and the invited remained comfy and confident that the expedition will go as planned.

Soon though, they felt shaking. Shaking that couldn't be a sign of comfort or incoming good. It may be the rowdy waves at first, and everything then proceeded as it did just before. But it was getting worse as the minutes flew by. It was to be a problem that cannot be pulled out of everyone's minds. Each ship had their respective announcements to assure everyone that nothing ultimate will befall upon them.

Then gradually the unthinkable happened.
Last edited by Pavonistade on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:42 am

This was not a good situation. After the unthinkable happened, the three Vignalis drifted apart, each landing at a different part of the beach. Messalina landed near John Mombasa, with the supplies she got from the boat before... that, happened.

Ivanoe landed slightly further away on the beach, and dragged some supplies he got from the boat. After seeing some figures at the horizon, he walked slowly towards them, since he had to carry supplies. Slowly, but surely, though the rain was unrelenting, Messalina and John Mombasa were getting closer, and closer... Finally, they made contact.

"Hello," Ivanoe said in a Lombardian accent. "I'm Ivanoe Messalina, and I'm alive."

But Adelaide... both Ivanoe and Messalina feared that she perished in the events that have unfolded. To Adelaide, her parents have disappeared, and she felt afraid that she would never see her mother again. She shouted as loud as she could... "Mamma? Dove sei, mamma?" She tried to repeat it, but she felt hopeless: she felt alone, and thus, she began to cry.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Mombasa tasked himself with scanning around the tropical coast. Even though he was burdened by all the items he retrieved, especially bottled water and rations, the Gordhossian was determined to defend the lives of all survivors.

From the limited light that was provided by the thundering rainstorm, much of the terrain was flat or hilly, the latter quality being insignificant. The more distant areas were much more rough, containing up to steep hills that would have to be overcome by a properly-equipped rock-climber. They were populated with tropical greens, the same ones that Mombasa and the group are near. So far there has been no signs of wildlife. This, to Mombasa, is likely due to the pouring rain.

As his leather shoes crunched the sandy ground, he was approached from behind. Its feet also smashed the wetted earth, it slugged as if it was also burdened by an inventory, and its voice muttered out to Mombasa, "Hello, I'm Ivanoe Messalina, and I'm alive." Mombasa quickly categorized the person as Lombardian or a descendant of so, judging solely on his accent.

"Of course you are alive." Mombasa looked back at the person and then to other survivors. His speech had a noticeable African accent. "And I already knew you are alive. I've seen everyone aboard. I've noticed everyone aboard. I should."

"And now I see everyone struggling to survive on the -" Mombasa paused. He had to, because he was hearing something strange. His ears and mind began to sift through the terrible rain and contain the noise. In seconds, the noise emerged to be something like a distant voice, before it devolved into desperate crying.

Mombasa told Ivanoe, "I sense something mysterious. I can't tell if it's human or wildlife, but surely it's something of interest. We still need to get to or make a shelter, so I believe we may have to abandon any intents to search for the source of that noise." The man proceeded forward.
Political Compass:
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:24 pm

"Thanks," Ivanoe said. "I meant Ivanoe Vignali, but yeah, we need to build a shelter so to get out of the rain." They followed John Mombasa.

But Messalina was concerned. She said to Ivanoe in a worried tone of voice, "Potrebbe essere Adelaide?" (Could it be Adelaide?) She thought the voice was her daughter.
Ivanoe said, "Se lei è viva, lei verrà a cercarci. Ricordate quando eravamo a Yerevan un giorno, e abbiamo accidentalmente lasciato lei a..." (If she is alive, she will come looking for us. Remember when we were in Yerevan one day, and we accidentally left her at the...) when Messalina cut him off.
"Questo non ha nulla a che fare con quel tempo al parco," Messalina said curtly. "Si tratta di una questione di vita o di morte: io so che questo è probabilmente Adelaide, e ho bisogno di andare a trovarla." (This has nothing to do with that time at the park. This is a matter of life or death: I know that this is probably Adelaide, and I need to go find her.)
"Vuoi rischiare la vita solo per scoprire che era solo un po 'zingara?" Ivanoe snapped back. (Do you want to risk your life only to find that it was just some gypsy?) He sighed, and switched to English from Lombardian. "Mombasa's right. We need to follow him more."
"At least I will let her know which way we're going," Messalina said. "I will go the way we came, and I will set a path so that she can find us." With this, the discussion ended, and they trudged on silently to where-ever Mombasa had in mind. Messalina found twigs and stuck them into the ground. She hoped Adelaide would follow them.

Back at the beach, Adelaide realized her parents will never find her. She decided to go follow the shoreline, looking for footprints. She shouted, "Mamma? Papà?" as loud as she could, as she raced, looking for her parents in vain. But she felt tired, and so trudged towards a tree, hoping to lie underneath it... After she did that, she fell asleep.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Fri May 01, 2015 10:29 am

The unthinkable happened. Exactly. As the two Francesians swimmed together, this violent sea was winning over them. "Ca commence bien !" said Abel, Alicia shouted: "Nous ne pourrons pas nager ensemble très longtemps, il faut que nous nous séparons ! Nous nous retrouverons !"
(Abel: This is starting well ! Alicia: We can't swim together forever, we must separate ! I'll find you !)
The waves were too strong for them. They didn't even had the time to separate from their own wishes that these waves brutally snatched their hands from one another. "Au revoir, ou adieu !" Alicia shouted. (Goodbye, or farewell !)

Alicia managed to join a beach, close to Adelaide's location. She was extremely wet. "Je suis perdue...loin de mes compagnons de route...comment vais-je faire ?" she said. (I'm lost...far away from my adventure mates...what can i do ?)

She walked on the beach, following the coast. Clueless, she found a girl, sleeping under a tree. She recognized Adelaide. She had pity for this poor girl. It was late. She had a blanket in her backpack. Without waking up Adelaide, she fell asleep under the same tree.

Meanwhile, Abel kept swimming, but he can't join the coast. It's like an unknown force prevented him from moving forward. By chance, after living his very first near death experience, he managed to join the coast. He was very tired. He fell asleep under another tree.
Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri May 01, 2015 11:48 am

Here is the unthinkable happening. The two Iglesian expeditioners, Maryanne and Pyere, fell to the storm-facing violent sea. Not only that, but they also split themselves away because the problem is they were on opposite sides of the ship they were in finding each other.

Swimming by the sea, like there is no other end but death to both, they were asking where their other friend was. The other problem is they were going far more kilometres away from each other, far more than expected. As a result, it came to conclusion they needed to survive on their own. That had so happened because they were on different divisions of the ship when the storm began.

Maryanne managed to find a coast around an hour later, having eventually reached a beach. However, she could not find either Pyere or John Mombasa. Nevertheless, she found herself optimistic because, as she found a beach, she would be no longer in danger... for now. She built her own shelter in between the trees, near the beach. She fell asleep.

Pyere's performance had not been faring so well. He took more time to find a coast because he was swimming further away from the coast, unlike Maryanne. He risked more death that Maryanne did. Still, he could manage to find a coast by around midnight... but several kilometres away from her. He could not find either Maryanne or John Mombasa either. He fell asleep under a tree he found at random. Unlike Maryanne, Pyere did not build a shelter.

It seems one needs to wait until the next day so they begin finding each other... and Mombasa as well, considering he is the person behind this expedition. However, this is going to be a very difficult task.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri May 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Adelaide Vignali was not awakened by the arrival of Alicia who fell asleep beside her. As a matter of fact, she was sound asleep, about as snug as a bug in a rug... if the rug was about as comfortable as sandpaper, and was not as sheltered as her room back home. It was nothing like back home: her room had pink walls, a comfortable bed, lots of toys around, a window, a night-light and some other things, like a soft toy that she brought with her. She slept for a few hours, before she woke up. Finding Alicia next to her, she thought that maybe, maybe it was her own mother who finally found her, but was exhausted and fell asleep. She did sort of look like her, after all, or at least what she thought...

She reached for the shoulder and shook it, while saying, "Sei la mia mamma?" (Are you my mommy?) to Alicia. She waited for a response, hoping that the answer would be "Sì" (Yes)...

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Fri May 01, 2015 6:37 pm

As Messalina stuck twigs down onto the sandy grounds, Mombasa laid down one of the containers of supplies gathered before all was forced to evacuate. Of course it was hefty, so it was a relief to Mombasa when the burden was put to rest. Aside from the essentials, he produced a lighter, towels, ropes, and two basic tarps (supplies are not limited to them). The last mentioned item was useful for a temporary shelter, but not so much when there are many survivors striving for life.

Mombasa grabbed the two tarp packages out. Even though each could house two people and may keep others camping in the rain for a while, the man knew this was a chance to at least ensure comfort for the night. He eyed on the trees that were nearer to him before turning to Ivanoe and Messalina, "Here, I have two tarps, easy to set up with nearby trees. One or two people may reside under them. Not everyone can be shielded from the rain soon, but I will see that all is well." He then opened one of the packages and brought out the stored tarp, containing waterproof plastic, lightweight alloys, and sturdy guy wires.

As Mombasa finished his sentence, he noticed that the mysterious voice heard just before had ceased. It would've been something to search for, but the chaos that everyone is in overrides the priorities. The storm rages nonstop, temperature carefully plummets, and tumbling waves race onto the sand. But other survivors like Abel, Adelaide, and Pyere managed to stay asleep despite the emerging dangers. Under this circumstance... it can only be said that some survivors will be better off than others.

Meanwhile, movement rolls through the forests.
Political Compass:

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri May 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Ivanoe dropped his container of supplies, which contained rations, a Bible, some books (mainly notebooks), a few toys for Adelaide, an axe and a knife, as well as a lighter, a tent, and sleeping bags, as well as some other stuff, but what took a lot of room was a tent.

After this, he would set up the tarps, while Messalina starts setting up a tent designed to house four people comfortably, to house her own family, near John Mombasa's tarp. The second tarp would be for someone else who comes by, Ivanoe decided.

The tent that Messalina set up took a bit of effort, but after Ivanoe finishes the tarp, he helps Messalina finish the set up, and then quickly unpacks. The sleeping bags went into one room, the toys and books into the other, and the rest were put in what they call the "living room." Feeling exhausted, both Ivanoe and Messalina went to sleep in their bedroom, though Messalina dreamed that Adelaide would return safe and sound to their new home at the tent...

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Fri May 01, 2015 8:12 pm

OOC: Direct responses (posts other than news articles) will come later on.

-BREAKING- ROWPE VESSELS CAPSIZES, SINKS AFTER SENDING DISTRESS CALL
Number of casualties, survivors unknown as IEPH becomes divided on responses

Date: May 2, 2015

Above are resemblent of the search units dispatched after
distress calls from the ROWPE ships were detected.

The Initiative for Exploration of the Pavonistadian Hiatus (IEPH) and the Pavonistadian Government are divided about the next course of actions after the two ROWPE vessels capsized and then sank in the western Pavonistadian Sea. Much uncertainty hovers over the situation, from the undetermined cause for the capsizing to the survival of alive members after the ordeal. Furthermore the IEPH and involved agencies are tightening the release of information regarding the expedition

The research vessel IEPHS Cagliari and the civilian ship PS Sailor, the two vessels to be used in the 2015 Remote Western Pavonistade Expedition, departed from the Western Pavonistadian capital of Lokimia at 07:00 AM local time. Both were supposedly on a six-month trip around the Pavonistadian wild west, a region without any official records of human habitation since the 20th century. In the early stages of the shortened trip, the Cagliari and the Sailor approached a large storm, part of a system affecting Western Pavonistade since last week.

Distress signals were sent by the two ships, though the time at which they were sent/detected are currently undisclosed. They prompted the deployment of naval and air search units into the severe storm. When the Cagliari and the Sailor were discovered by search helicopters, they had already started sinking (they were lying on their side). The crew involved in the initial discovery reported emerging smoke as well as untold scattered items, but found no traces of survivors or bodies. Official reports state at present that the vessels took less than twenty minutes to be submerged by the sea.

Two Iglesians, two Francesians, two Luziycans, two North Daeconese, two Pavonistadians, one Senzeranese, and one Sjal are the nationalities that make up the twelve civilians in the expedition. Almost all twelve researchers and expeditionary crew are of Pavonistadian origins. It is expected that all have either self-evacuated or have died.

Following news of the ships' demise, an IEPH emergency press conference was held. Executive Karen Hughes declared, "[t]his was a completely-unexpected, horrifying turn of events. I was engulfed in shock when I was notified of the downfall of the two vessels." Harris Edgar, the Vice Executive, spoke after Hughes, "Having known that no immediate signs of expeditionary researchers and civilians were found, I offer great condolences for the relatives of those that are missing or potentially dead." Both refused to comment on the very limited information regarding what happened to the Cagliari and the Sailor.

The IEPH members are split on any efforts to locate potential survivors. One side suggests a need for a large search-and-rescue operation, with member Alexandeur Loriesen believing, "the main focus is no longer about the investigation about the unexplored, it is now about retrieving any and all survivors dispersed by the disaster." Another side suggests that almost everyone are dead at this time, with member Elisa Pliten stating that "there is not a lot of good in supporting an operation that is very likely not to turn up any living passengers." Both has attracted controversy and criticism in a relatively short amount of time.

Beside the IEPH, the President and the Pavonistadian Government was notified of the incident at sea. President Yksteldehs Oppenheim was "shaken by the capsizing and downing of the two ships" and will "ensure that the Pavonistadian Government will cooperate with the IEPH and other involved organizations [...] to investigate the incident and rescue any surviving persons." Minister of the Interior Tomas Kuinten mentions that "there will be a range of options for the Pavonistadian Government for such a situation [...] up to and including involvement of the Pavonistadian Military." Inside the Parliament, Members of Parliament actively debated on the next steps to take after the news was broken.

Relatives and families of everyone aboard the Cagliari and the Sailor have yet to make their public appearances.

Share this story with:

Other Recent Reports

• International Workers' Day/Labor Day Marked Across Several Countries
  • President-General Wen Rejects, Labels Riroese Annexation as "Unconstitutional"
  • Eduskunta Approves Changes to Law Regarding the Protection of Constitutional Order
  • New Zepuha in Unrest After Announcement to Deploy Soldiers to Kraq

Comments
Page 1 of 204 - Next page - Last Page

KyrzoBagon Image +78
Holy cow, this is horrifying. Two vessels having capsized and sunk, 24 people lost on the expedition, many more relatives likely grieving... I pray for the safety of them all.

nomsterbuster Image -21
@KyrzoBagon
The meteorologists warned of severe weather in the wild west, and this should have alerted everyone that travelling in rough weather isn't the best idea. The ROWPE ships and passengers went in the plan anyways, and they ended up where they are because of the decision they decide to take. We shouldn't feel all-out pity for those that chose to take the risk.

Tim Horton Image +114
@nomsterbuster
Not a very good idea to say something like that in times of sorrow.
Last edited by Pavonistade on Fri May 01, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass:

Sjalhaven
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjalhaven » Fri May 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Med Oðinnavnen, dej segda mig skipen ekivil sjœkva.1

As Almgejr swan towards the coast, he repeated those words to himself. Again and again, as a promise he would find back the whoever who assured him this. Facing the restless sea, he continued, those words serving as his lifeline. The unrelenting waves will not claim any more man today, he thought, as he passed them one by one. Metre after metre, the sandy shores were becoming closer. Then, finally, he felt the sand reaching his feet. He felt a feeling of victory, as he ran towards the trees across the beach. "I made it. I survived one more day" he said out loud, before reaching out for the nearest tree. As he fell asleep, he thought: Surviving can wait a bit more.

Almgejr had a bad dream. He felt adventurous and decided to go join some scientific exploration in Pavonsitade. Or Pavonistade. He never remembered the real name of this country anyway. And suddenly, a storm would wreck ships. After swimming for a few minutes, he smiled to himself. This is just a dream, it stops any moment now. On this thought, he woke up and looked around. It didn't take more than a second to notice this was not his home. Or not even any home to begin with. Only untouched, pristine nature.

He stood up, finally grasping his whole memories again. In a fit of rage, he started punching the tree he slept leaning on. When he finally went back to reason, a minute or two later, he heard a sound, close enough to be recognisable, but distant enough to not being identifiable quickly.. Still, it was not the kind of sound you would expect from this kind of environment. It was more something like a... little girl voice ? Hvad ?2

1 By Odin's names, they told me the ship would not sink
2 What ?
OMNICIDE 2020
Insurrectionary whateverist

<QianRuri> Sjal for god emperor of mankind
<Zieg> I'm pretty sure you're Dugin
<Koyro> Sjalhaven is actually Lex Luthor only French
<Gibbs> sjal is your real name khan noonien singh
<Koyro> Sjal for Master of Mankind

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Sat May 02, 2015 12:11 am

Alicia woke up after Adelaide shook her. She turned around, looking at Adelaide. She said to the little girl with the few Lombardian words she knowed: "Io...non essere...la tua mamma". She hoped Adelaide would understand. She continued her sentence "Voi perso...la tua...mamma e papà ? Io troppo, io perso...un amico..." (roughly "I'm not your mom" and "You lost your parents ? Me too, i lost a friend...")
Last edited by Francilie on Sat May 02, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sat May 02, 2015 1:15 am

Pavonstadian Wilderness
May 2, 2015

Ethan & Edgar McPartland thought this was the worst day of their entire existence. Trapped in a 'cursed land', with nowhere to go, they pretty much grabbed all the supplies they could, including two backpacks & a small tie bag, before the civilian boat sank, and swam to shore in a loose gaggle and landed about halfway between the tree where Adelaide & Alicia was sleeping at and the makeshift camp where Mombasa and the Vignali family were sleeping at.

Ethan was panicking from the get go, while Edgar was more confused by the foreign environment than anything else. They looked around the place they landed. It was raining, still, and the trees will offer little protection from the dangerous elements. But, it is almost impossible to start a fire, due to the howling rain and wind. They soon though that walking down the coast would increase their chances of finding at least someone.

They began to walk down the coast, shouting. "Is anyone out there!? For Gods sake can anyone hear us in this!? Hello!? God dammit!" Ethan shouted in frustration.

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Sat May 02, 2015 8:50 am

Mombasa got to work with Ivanoe to set up the tarps. They brought the tarp that was released from its package up to more than a metre from the ground, before they anchored the guy wires to their appropriate places. Now that there was something to divert the persistent rain, Mombasa organized his supplies cleverly so as to conserve space (thus there can be only one person under that tarp). As he was about to set up another tarp, he noticed that Messalina had a shelter of her own. "Lovely," Mombasa commented on Messalina's tent, "you have a tent. Very useful it is."

Mombasa and Ivanoe then repeated the steps for the second tarp, which was a few metres away from where the former's tarp was. Mombasa assumed that Ivanoe was to live in Messalina's tent too, so the second tarp would be left for any survivors. Ivanoe did went in the tent and slept with Messalina for the day. But the Gordhossian wasn't finished with his business. He believed there is much more to be done for not only today, but also for the next few days to come. With limited necessities as well, it would be obvious that a nomadic lifestyle would have to be temporarily integrated.

While the man continued to organize the two tarps, he heard additional voices. The noise grew louder while Mombasa concentrated on its source, and he soon realized that he was dealing with other potential survivors. Gradually he was able to make out a speech from one of them, "Is anyone out there!? For Gods sake can anyone hear us in this!? Hello!? God dammit!" It took some more time for Mombasa to spot the figures, dark and battered by rain and wind.

He went into his tarp, where he separated a glow stick from his supplies (remember, there was more to the container). With adequate force, he bent the glow stick and shatters the vial glass container inside, forcing chemiluminescent reactions. The stick, glowing bright yellow, was lifted in hopes of alerting the survivors as Mombasa shouted, "Over here! More survivors at this area. Follow the yellow light."

Bright lightning and crippling thunder emerged from the weather. Movement continues to linger through the rainforests. Second after second, the force move past lush plants and bushes and leaves. It, ignoring the annoying weather and the increasing cold, was to scout the local area and anything could be detected in whatever this is.
Political Compass:

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat May 02, 2015 9:41 am

Alicia's response made Adelaide cry a bit saying to herself, "Potrò mai vedere di nuovo?" (Will I ever see them again?), before she heard voices and shouting.

Adelaide quickly saw the yellow light and started to make her way towards the light. She felt quite determined to follow the light, and raced towards it as fast as she can. She hoped that maybe that could be her own mom and dad. Ultimately, she would make it to the site where her parents and John Mombasa are at.

After seeing some tarps and a tent, as well as a figure with a glow stick, she asked John, "La mia mamma qui?" (Is my mommy here?)
Last edited by Luziyca on Sat May 02, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sat May 02, 2015 10:06 am

Ethan & Edgar are walking down the small beach when they saw a bright yellow light ahead of them. They also heard a voice, saying (more like shouting), "Over here! More survivors at this area. Follow the yellow light."

"I would just follow it, Ethan. I'm too fecking tired to walk farther anyway in this damn weather." Edgar whispered to Ethan. Ethan just did a tired shrug, too tired to even talk at this stage.

Edgar, with his older brother, started jogging towards the light source. Carrying the supplies on their backs, they reached the location of the light, where they found a makeshift campsite, with two camping tarps. By the size of them, one was for 4 people, while the second one was for two.

"Bloody Christ, that was harrowing." Edgar panted to himself. After a few minutes of regaining his composure, he stood up and faced Mombasa. "I'm sorry, I should introduce myself. I'm Edgar, this is my brother, Ethan." Edgar pointed over his shoulder to Ethan, who just gave a weak wave. "I have some supplies. Two backpacks, and a small camping tie bag. Dunno what's in it though."

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Sat May 02, 2015 10:27 am

After seeing this yellow light, Alicia ran, following Adelaide. She hoped Abel was here. She finally made it to a makeshift campsite, with a tent and some tarps. "Abel, Abeeeeel ? T'es là ?" ("You're here Abel ? Abeeeeel ?") Alicia shouted. She arrived in front of John Mombasa.

Abel was in a forest. This morning when he woke up, he realized that he was alone, and that he was lost. "Ce n'est plus un travail de groupe..." ("That's not a work in group anymore...") Abel said. Over the day, he managed to build a rudimentary treehouse. He had a water bottle pack and a bag with chips, milk and meat. Unfortunately, Abel didn't manage to start a fire today, so he couldn't cook that meat. "J'espère qu'Alicia et les autres vont bien ! Et qu'ils me trouvent !" ("I hope Alicia and the others are fine. I also hope they find me !")

On this night, Abel is still deep in the forest, living apart from the makeshift campsite where John, the Vignalis, Ethan, Edgar and Alicia are located.
Last edited by Francilie on Sat May 02, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Sat May 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Mombasa eagerly scrutinized Edgar and Ethan, both of whom are probably just as terrified as all in the camp. Other than the fact that there are additional survivors, he was relieved that there were more supplies from the newfound backpacks and bag. They would indeed be helpful.

"I have some supplies," Edgar stated. "Two backpacks, and a small camping tie bag. Dunno what's in it though." Mombasa glared at what the two have carried, and then he pointed to the second empty tarp, "There is space under that tarp where you may unpack your bags. If you need any assistance, I'm here to help." Before he left, Mombasa alerted Edgar and Ethan of the presence of other survivors (the Vignalis) in case that wasn't known to them already. "And also," the man uttered, "I am Mombasa. John Mombasa."

Mombasa, still gripping onto his glow stick, turned around to his tarp. Almost instantly after that, the familiar resonance of running vibrated into Mombasa's mind before two humans popped out in front of his face. One was a woman, and another was a child. The Gordhossian was slightly stunned by the appearance. He lowered the glow stick and then muttered, "So you are additional survivors, it seems. I am John Mombasa. I am not sure if there is enough space for everyone, but I will see that this is resolved whenever necessary."

But that wasn't the force lingering in the forest. It, or they to be more accurate, was/were approaching Almgejr fast.
Political Compass:

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat May 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Adelaide entered the tent, believing that her parents were in there. She looked left, but found a room full of toys and some books. Since there was no sleeping bag, she headed to the other room, when she saw her parents sleeping. In the middle was an empty sleeping bag which she assumed was hers. She crept into the room, trying to keep herself scarce so to not wake her parents up. But her mother, Messalina Vignali woke up by the unzipping and whispered to Adelaide, "Sono contento che tu sia qui, Addy!" (I'm glad you're here, Addy!), calling her by her nickname.

With Messalina awake, she left the room to see if there were any more survivors: she saw someone beside John Mombasa who she kind of recognized, and shouted in her direction, "Madam, you can sleep in the left room. We don't have any extra sleeping bags, but you can stay with us." With that, Messalina headed to the playroom and quickly shoved stuff aside, so to make space for Alicia. But before she left, she grabbed a stuffed animal and took it back to the bedroom where she, Adelaide and Ivanoe were sleeping.

She whispered to Adelaide, "Ecco il vostro coniglia." (Here's your bunny), and gave Adelaide that stuffed rabbit to her. Adelaide nodded and clutched onto it hard, and then Messalina would close her bedroom door, and fell asleep. Adelaide did the same. Now, they would wait until morning...

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat May 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Meanwhile, thousands of kilometers away from the events that were occuring in the Wild Wild West that is the areas west of the Wild West Line within Pavonistade, a news report regarding the reactions of the Vignali's would appear...

Vignali's express hope that their relatives are alive
Ivanoe Vignali, Messalina Vignali
and Adelaide Vignali in this photo from
February 2015 in Yerevan

YEREVAN, LOMBARDIA - After news came out of the disaster that occurred with the Initiative for Exploration of the Pavonistadian Hiatus (IEPH) ships, relatives of the Vignali family who were participating in the expedition to explore the uninhabited regions of Pavonistade west of the "Wild West Line," hoped that they did not perish in the sinking of the Cagliari and the Sailor.

Cosimo Vignali, brother of Ivanoe Vignali said, "I am quite sad at what happened to my brother and my niece. I hope that the whole family is still alive, for our own sakes. That said, I feel that it is futile to rescue them because it is unlikely that they would survive the disaster. But if they have, I would probably not want them to rescue my brother because I know that his goal was to inhabit an uninhabited land and make it a colony. I want him to have a chance at it, and I know his wife and daughter would fully support him on this."

However, Flora Vignali commented that "I am worried sick for my son, my daughter-in-law, and my granddaughter, and that if they are alive, I want them to return back to Yerevan, even if they object to this. It is for their own good, because this journey had my support, but they are being exposed to dangers so severe that I doubt they'd last a year or a week. I want the Pavons to give it their all to rescue any and all survivors of this disaster, and then hold the IEPH culpable for negligence for ignoring the weather forecasts."

More as the story develops.

In other news
  • Nevanmaa - Odissian flag to be restricted to Odissian cultural events only
  • Global - May Day celebrations across the world
  • Riro - 70% want to join Namor, Fu Wen rejects proposal
  • Rutuba - Who shall win?

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Sat May 02, 2015 5:13 pm

Alicia heard the invitation of Messalina. "Oh thanks, i'm pleased to sleep with you 3 for sure ! And don't worry, i have a sleeping bag in my backpack !" Alicia said. She entered in the left room. From her backpack, she took a pack of matches, bread, cheese, a fork and a pan. She put the cheese in the pan, set fire to some matches and took the bread and the fork. She placed the matches around the pan, waiting for the cheese to melt. "Une fondue spartiate..." ("A rudimentary fondue...") she said to herself.

Then she took the sleeping bag that was in her backpack and unrolled it. When the fondue was ready, she thinked of Abel. Where could the other Francesian survivor be ? She hoped he was fine. She also drank an entire water bottle. After what could be the last heavy meal for Alicia, she entered her sleeping bag and fell asleep, waiting for the morning.

Sjalhaven
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjalhaven » Sat May 02, 2015 5:13 pm

It couldn't be. I didn't hear some girl voice. Why the hell would there be a little girl here ? Almgejr did remembered there was some Lombardian girl and her family on the ship, but was pretty dubious of her survival. He let his guard down, thinking. For all he knew, he was the sole survivor. It cannot be. However, his thoughts were abruptly interrupted by noises coming closer and closer. Whatever it was, it was closing in fast. Way too fast. Too late to run away. Almgejr quickly looked around, searching for anything that could help against a still-unknown enemy. He reached out for a pointy stick, and took cover behind the tree he formerly leaned on.
OMNICIDE 2020
Insurrectionary whateverist

<QianRuri> Sjal for god emperor of mankind
<Zieg> I'm pretty sure you're Dugin
<Koyro> Sjalhaven is actually Lex Luthor only French
<Gibbs> sjal is your real name khan noonien singh
<Koyro> Sjal for Master of Mankind

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Sat May 02, 2015 5:35 pm

The collection of survivors seemed to be holding out well against the unforgiving weather. This can't be the case for Almgejr. He was already aware of something that was lurking around. Grabbing a stick and taking cover behind the tree were what Almgejr planned. The crunching of the earth grew louder, the bushes flicked more actively, and the adrenaline escalated.

Then it emerged from a distance. This was it. The lighting was horrible, but it - an animal - could be easily spotted. It stepped out of the bush. First its head, topped with large rounded ears, pushed away the numerous leaves that just camouflaged it. After the head came the first two paws and the sleek body, thrusting graciously from vegetative cover. The second pair of legs emerged and the tail hanging from the creature slowly curtailed. Its majestic beauty, though not as formidable as that of a leopard or a jaguar, is sure to strike even in the hearts of knowledgeable researchers.

It was an ocelot. A Pavonistadian ocelot. It wandered on the ground, filled with fallen leaves and wet soils. For a few seconds it nocturnally glared at the towering trees. The rains appeared to be only a compliment among the uninhabited forest where the ocelot would call home. Sharp eyes, equipped with natural night vision, faced the surroundings that have been in its state for a century or over. The cat was in a state of serenity for the time being, all relaxed and all passive.

And then it faced Almgejr.
Last edited by Pavonistade on Sat May 02, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass:

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat May 02, 2015 5:39 pm

As the Vignali's smelt the aroma of Alicia's meal, it helped hasten the process of sleep for the three. Adelaide, Ivanoe and Messalina, all drifting off into dreamworld. They seemed to be dreaming of home, of their friends and family. What will their friends and family think of what happened to them? Will they think that they would be alive, or would they think they have died?

They continued their sleep until morning...

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sun May 03, 2015 7:03 am

After getting some instructions from Mombasa, and alerting them to the family living in the tent. They went to the second tarp, and set up their hopefully temporary home for god knows how long. The two backpacks combined contained rations, two knifes, a lighter, 3 glow sticks, a book copy of Joshua Langpost's "Basic Survival Skills", 2 bundled pieces of rope, a pressure cooker with cooking stool, a portable flash light with extra batteries and two water canteens. The camping tie bag contained two sleeping bags and a extra tarp.

"I think we need to rest for tonight. You can barely walk after swimming all these hours." Edgar said to Ethan. "I guess I could rest, I'm just dead exhausted." Ethan said. "I'll set up the sleeping bags. Get some food from the bags." Ethan then started setting up the sleeping bags for the night.

Edgar was planning on what to do tomorrow. He would primarily get some meat to dry, and cook it for the lunch tomorrow. After thinking about it for about 10 minutes. Egdar went back to the tarp, and fell into a light sleep, while Ethan fell asleep inside the sleeping bag.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents