NATION

PASSWORD

Establishment of the District of Riga (IC/Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Establishment of the District of Riga (IC/Closed)

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:30 pm

King Sarko National Park
North Estonian Union/Eminrallian Baltic

The King Sarko Dyanu National Park, established years ago, was the first park dedicated to a foreign leader in Eminrallian soil. It became a tourist attraction for Eminrallians and Sacheyenyanis alike as well as numerous historians and journalists. In order to mark the visit of the Sacheyenyani Chieftain Tal'eu to Eminral, the Government have prepared some renovations beforehand to the park. It was expanded eastward and additional facilities has been added. Nearby, a new school has been added, symbolizing the massive investment the government has made to attract foreign students to Eminral. Coinciding with the establishment of the District, the President has once again invited the Chieftain to inspect both the park and the nearby school.

In front of the King Sarko Museum is a statue of him seating in a throne, overlooking the Sacheyenyani border. Honour guards have been standing in guard, waiting for the arrival of the Sacheyenyani delegation. The President and the whole government is standing by as well. Crowds of tourists have been kept out for the time being while Eminrallian soldiers boosts their presence in the park. The road from the park to the border, stretching just 2 kilometers, has been decorated with Eminrallian and Sacheyenyani guards. Eminrallian soldiers, standing 35 meters apart, prepares to welcome the Sacheyenyanis. Welcome posters have been put up, similar to the posters that have been put up before in Eminral City. Along the road, enthusiastic crowds awaits the second visit of the Chieftain to Eminral. Sacheyenyani and Eminrallian students, still dressed in their uniforms, have been given priority by the organizers to see the historic event. They are positioned in a location where the Chieftain can easily see them.

The day itself is a big day for the whole region. The grand experiment that is the District of Riga is set to be officially established. After a series of talks between Sacheyenyani and Eminrallian panel, the condominium protectorate's government framework has been finalized. After the brief ceremony in North Estonia, the two heads of state will ride the high-speed train from North Estonia to the District, where they will be opening the Congress of the District of Riga for the first time.
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

Sacheyenya
Senator

Founded: Apr 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Tal'eu had taken his time in Northern Estonia, marveling at the sights. Indeed, it had peaked his interest, the Eminrallian territories, as he himself had never even been to the Baltic region. His father, in actuality, had only been there once, to discuss how the region should be divided up between the powers. His trip from Estonia, into Riga, after which he would go on his own accord of a full tour of colony of Balcna: from what was formerly known as Sacheyenyani Ryka, to the Uster Latvii Region, back through Sacheyenyani Ryka into Neu Avkanizhan, up into Sodder Estonesa, where he would then take a plane down into Neu Brosiiya, and then a plane back to the Mainland Empire. Neu Avkanizhan and Neu Brosiiya were both the newest additions to the territory: 'New Afghanistan' and 'New Prussia', in a fitting style.

But all that mattered little for now, as he was taking his time through 'Norter Estonesa', as the other fellows in the car with him insisted on calling it. 'The Patriarchs of Balcna', the media affectionately called the five other men in the car with the king. They were all nobles; the ruling patriarchs of the Houses governing Balcna. There were two Muslim men, Conrade of the House of Sanders, and Ramas al Anir (of course of the House Anir), who were the Chieftains of Sodder Estonesa and Neu Avkanizhan respectively. Both dressed in noble attire of green, black and red, as a sign of Afghan unity in recent times. Chieftain Manuel Sanders, Conrade's brother, was a Christian man, and the chieftain of Uster Latvii. Him and Reinhardt von Austenfeldt, Chieftain of Neu Brosiiya, were dressed in white and black. The fifth, Ronaldo Vasqierra, the chieftain of Sacheyenyani Ryka, was the fifth Balcna'i Patriarch, and was the man of the hour, whose style of dress exceeded all but the king's.

The limo pulled up to the park, greeted by the press and crowds. There was still a fanfare as they exited the car, as king Tal'eu would stand for nothing less than a grand entrance at every event, even though it was only quietly and through the car window. The nobles got out, one at a time so as to savor the applause and greetings, the last one to get out being the King himself. The first thing they did before progressing too far was stand before the statue of King Sarko, all simultaneously kneeling before the former king, before rising and making their way along with the entrance.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:11 pm

As the Sacheyenyani convoy makes its way to the park, students wearing their uniform scrambles to get a glimpse of the King as well as his companions. As they pass by, Eminrallian soldiers salutes them. At the entrance of the park, the Eminrallian Army Band starts to play some marching music as the President prepares to welcome them. The car stopped right before entering the fairly-big rotunda. At the middle of it is a mountain with fairly-sized angel blowing his trumpet. Behind it is the statue of King Sarko seating in his throne. The President leads the government in welcoming the Sacheyenyani delegation.

As the King and the Patriarchs exits the car, the rounds of applause is starting to overwhelm the Army Band themselves. The President, standing in the front of the government delegation, bows to the Grand Chieftain and his Patriarchs. "Welcome to the North Estonian Union, Chieftain Tal'eu, I believe it's your first time visiting the Eminrallian side of Estonia." he greets Tal'eu. "Your Honours, I welcome you to Estonia as well, we're all pleased to have you hear." he then greets the Patriarchs of Balcna. "It's been years now, yet the statue of your father still stands high and tall, Chieftain Tal'eu" he turns back to look at the statue of King Sarko. "A lot has been going on in this park even before your visit in Eminral City and with the deal we had with regard to Riga, we have hurried this project so that it'll finish in time an lo and behold." the President diverts their attention to other statues which are still covered in grey cloth. "I'd like to reserve the honour of you unveiling this Park's newest sights."

"Please come this way." as the President shows his way to the Sacheyenyani delegation, Eminrallian government officials lines up to his right-hand side, then follows after the Patriarchs. "Chieftain Tal'eu, my friend, here's our gift to you." he grabs the rope and gives it to the Chieftain. Behind the cloth was a statue of Chieftain Tal'eu standing, with his scepter on his left. His statue is facing south, to Sacheyenyani side of Estonia, which is perhaps a way of welcoming Sacheyenyani tourists. On a small plaque on the right side of the statue reads his name and his ascension to the throne as well as a small biography of him.
Last edited by Nationalist Eminral Republic on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:36 pm

"Why, yes sir it is. May I just say, I love what you've done with the place. Much better use than the older fellow would have put to it." Tal'eu smiled knowingly as he bowed his head to president Mendoza. Each of the patriarchs stepped forward one at a time, introducing themselves and the official names of their tribes; "The Victory Tribe of Sodder Estonesa", "The Senkakan Trade Tribe of Uster Latvii", "The Afghan Tribe of Neu Avkanizhan", "The Neo-Prussian Tribe of Neu Brosiiya", and the "Half-Tribe of Sacheyenyani Rykha".

It was then that some would realize that, at least among the Sacheyenyani born nobles, there was no such thing as subtlety as the three men relished in the awe of the crowd; the other three, foreign born nobles, were slightly more reserved. Tal'eu took the rope in hand, then, and after blowing one final kiss to the crowd, tugger on the rope to reveal the statue of himself. He looked up at it, wide eyed and wide grinning, a laugh on his lips as the Balcna'i Patriarchs behind bowed on one knee once more to their king.

Tal'eu took a moment to stand beside the statue, and to pose as he did in the statue, making sure to play it up for the media as well. "Dear confedanondo, if we keep trying to honor each other in such ways, surely it will be a competition to see if our landmasses will sink with the size of the statues before our economies sink under the costs." He laughed again. "Thank you, sincerely comrade. It is a truly wondrous tribute."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:25 pm

"To be fair, comrade. Such preparations has been prepared since the establishment to the park." the President said. "Who would've thought that we'd fall into recession months after that. But lo and behold, the project is now complete." he laughs. "Reserve the thanks, comrade, there's still one more monument, I guess?" the President leads the Sacheyenyani delegate to a pathway leading to another statue covered in white cloth.

As the Sacheyenyani delegates walk in front, the President pulls the rope, unveiling the monument. It shows a Sacheyenyani soldier aiding a wounded Eminrallian soldier walk. Below the statue reads: "In memory of the brave men and women of the Eminrallian and Sacheyenyani Forces", which is also translated to Sacheyenyani and Filipino. "The museum we promised you during the visit should be completed by the end of the year, but for now we'll have to settle with this." the President explains, as he points out the ongoing construction behind the statue. "What do you think, comrades?"
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:44 pm

"Oh, touche, touche." The King chuckled.
"Dominguez, back in the Royales, has already begun construction on the Eminrallian Heritage Museum. I think you lads will really like it if you ever come to visit." Ronaldo noted as they began to walk on. If looks could kill, the Royales would have lost a hero right then and there when the king glared at Ronaldo at the mention of Dominguez's name. Dominguez, in the king's mind, was a rebel and a traitor who never should have acquired as much power as he had. But 'Rodrigo of the House Dominguez', as the law labeled him, was a favorite of the people of the Royales, and if Tal'eu attempted anything, it would almost certainly mean revolt. Tal'eu turned back to Mendoza, however, and was all smiles in an instant.

As the second monument was unveiled, Tal'eu observed it closely, reading it to himself before smiling even more broadly. He knew there was an Independence Party in Riga, and he knew the filthy heathens were more than likely comprised of Terran sympathizers, if there were any left. And he knew, above all, and this thought gave him more pleasure than the rattle of the sabers of the patriarchs or the roar of the crowd behind him, that they would be hating what they were seeing on the screen. "You do me too much honor, comrade. I know not what I may say that can justify this graciousness you show our people."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:53 pm

"Ah, such museum will be a great place to visit indeed. I assure you I'll visit the museum myself before the sun sets on me." the President laughs. As the statue was unveiled before them, the President replies to the Chieftain. "It's no big deal comrade. As time marches on, this park will have more monuments. And I can only hope that there'll be space left by that time." the President laughs again. He then looks at his watch, "Well comrades, I'd love to show you to the vicinity of the park but I believe that if we stay any longer, we'll be running behind schedule." the President alerts the delegation. A fleet of cars pulls up by them, "I think we should get going. We're going to take the high speed train, it'll cut down on travel by 1 hour. What do you say?" the President said. "Oh and by the way, those trains are reserved so nobody else can ride it. The Spatis, EID agents and the Federal Police can occupy the rest of the train cars."

The Prime Minister leads the group to the cars, "We might as well talk about the appointments we're gonna be doing later, comrades." the Prime Minister stands by the car. "Have you decided on who is going to be the Governor-General and the Chief Minister yet?"
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Tal'eu smiled as he looked about the immediate vicinity, taking it in. "Perhaps after my tour de Europa, I'll return for a nice stroll. I'm sure I'll be dying by then." The king laughed, signalling for the patriarchs to follow him. He took one last look back at the three statues, taking the time once more to bow to his father, as the patriarchs bowed to both statues, of the king and the late king. They continued on, almost marching as they walked behind Tal'eu. "I think you'll be glad to find we've brought no Spat for this journey, here. We'll be meeting up with the 482nd Spat Regiment in what used to be Sacheyenyani Rykha after this whole trip is through. They're probably all drunk off their heathen asses at the moment."

He then smiled, and chuckled, turning to Mendoza with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Speaking of intoxication, how did the Bhang treat you, comrade?" The patriarchs behind Tal'eu smiled, at the least as they overheard their king speak. Bhang was an old Hindu drink introduced into Sacheyenya in one of the Exploration Ages. It was called liqueur, but it contained no alcohol. Yes; the word 'bong' is derived from Bhang. It is a mixture of milk, spices, almonds, and cannabis.

"As for who shall be taking the roll of Governor-General, it is I that hopes to reprise my role in that regard." Ronaldo Vasqierra spoke up, nodding his head with a tip of his white cap. He didn't look Sacheyenyani by any regards. He kept his hair close cut, for one, and had a fake saber at his side. "The people in Western Riga will recognize me best, you see."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 pm

"Don't say that comrade, with an excellent health I'm sure you'll surpass 6 more Eminrallian Presidents. But we'd love to have you back here." the President said. "Well that's fine too comrade, the Federal Police and the Army are guarding the Congressional building right now. From what I heard there's a lot of 'em."

"The Bhang, boy wasn't that strong." the President said. "It's good that the Generals took the nuclear suitcase away from me." he laughs out loud. "It's a great liquor, but it must not be present in the room whenever the Generals and I am around." The President then turns to one of the Patriarchs that accompanies the Grand Chieftain. "Patriarch Ronaldo Vasqierra was it? Pleased meeting you gentlemen and I look forward to working with you." the President said. "My reports might have been wrong, I thought you were gonna be the Chief Minister. But nevertheless it's a great position." the President said.

"The Chief Minister and the Governor-General are almost identical roles." the Prime Minister said. "The Chief Minister directs domestic policies while the Governor-General directs the external policies. The difference is, the Governor-General can overrule the Chief Minister and his Cabinet. Plus the job security is great for the Governor."
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:36 pm

"If sweet Fortuna be willing, that is." Tal'eu added quickly, with a nod. He smiled as the president spoke. "Excellent. Sounds like you lads have everything on lock down anyways. I don't suspect them necessary, yet it is a nice comfort. There is a reason I gave Commander Calagtzar leave to Rykha, you know?"

The king and patriarchs joined in the laughter as Mendoza described the effects of the Bhang. "It is a good drink for the end of the day, comrade. Helps with meditation, I assure you." Samuel spoke up.
"Forgive me, I know not the difference, and I was not initially sure there was one." Ronaldo piqued in after him, a look of confusion on his face. "But from the way you describe the jobs, I can assure you my old job was a combination of the two. You see, being a one party system, I grew accustomed to doing both at once." He explained after a moment, hoping he were making sense. "However, the matter of domestic policies do interest me more highly. If you'll forgive my slip of the tongue, I am applying as Chief Minister."
"I'll be providing for his security, at any rate, comrade." Tal'eu added at that moment. "Speaking of Commander Calagtzar, he'll become a familiar sight around the District. The instant I return to the mainland, the Commander and his team are reassigned to the House Vasqierra."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:29 pm

"Note taken, the Federal Police that are deployed around the Congressional Building is intended to be deployed there though." the President explained. "For the Rigan Constabulary Forces, that is. Since the population is low, we'll need some forces outside to maintain peace and order." the President then turns his attention to the Patriarch. "Is that so? Both of the jobs are great either way. What party will you be joining? And are you going to run for Congressional elections next year?" the President asks. The Prime Minister meanwhile turns to the Chieftain. "So if Patriarch Ronaldo will be the Chief Minister, have you decided who to nominate as the Governor-General?"

As the officials talk, the car speeds up to 150 kph. Originally, they were going to take the train. However, as the traffic is not as bad as expected, the convoy decided to drive all the way to the District. At the side of the car, speeding Federal Police cars and APC are assisting the security. Military choppers can be heard inside the car. Occasionally, Army trucks and tanks can be seen idling by the side of the highway. As they enter the Sacheyenyani part, the Federal Police proceeded with the convoy, but the military choppers turned back.
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:50 pm

"I've been planning to issue the support of House Vasqierra in favor of the Union of Greens and Farmers, actually." Ronaldo nodded, as the king and other patriarchs chatted among themselves. "Their policies may not be as liberal as I should like, as opposed to the Harmony party, but I do find them to be those whom hold Riga and her citizens in the highest regards. And I most certainly plan to run for congress. Plans may change, of course, but I see no reason as to why I wouldn't want to."

Tal'eu instructed Conrade to hold his though as the Prime Minister interjected. "Yes, actually, I have." The king noted, raising his finger. "It was a compromise, between Ronaldo and I. He supports the Green party, and his Governor-General will be Klavs Dukurs, a local man who was a part of Avkani Rykha, representing the Harmony party. This way, he gets to implement social policies that benefit the people, while Klavs may implement fiscal policies and the like to a similar effect. Clever, if I do say so myself."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:55 pm

"On one hand, you could establish your own party." the President said. "Parliamentary democracy is messy. It'll be better if you run as Congressman next time with a party, that way your government could be more stable. Just a word of advice as we ourselves would be on election pretty soon." the President chuckled. "Have you heard of the Republicans, comrade?" the President asks.

"I see, that's great" the Prime Minister said. "I suppose he's here with us today? Although he might not be able to exercise his duties right away as you and the President will be personally present. The first meeting of Congress will be presided by both of you." the Prime Minister informs them. "That said, the Republicans might start heckling later." the Prime Minister says, as he overhears the President talking about them.
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Ronaldo thought for a moment. "I do believe that would be the wisest course of action, by God." He rested one leg upon the other, laying his wooden blade flat across his lap as he leaned forward with interest. "But how, pray tell, would I go about forming my own party? In Sacheyenya, I was Thaned... Knighted, I think, would be the proper translation? And that right there was the formation of the House. As for your question, yes I have heard of the Republicans. We have representatives of them in Parliament, you see. I am a fan of the fiscal policies, truly."

"He most certainly is with us today. He'll be meeting up with us later, once we've arrived in Rykha." Tal'eu smiled slightly at the mention of Republicans. Being at the completely opposite end of the spectrum, he couldn't help but find the idea of them heckling him as a bit amusing. He always had more fun with his hecklers than he did with his supporters, anyways. "Good, good. I enjoy the... Constructive criticism that such people can provide for me."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 pm

"It's a new experience for you then?" the President asks. "Welcome to democracy, the messy but necessary evil in Riga." he jokes. "Rigan population seems to be already fond of you, I don't think forming a political party would be a hurdle for you. As for the Republicans, they're more right-wing than the Conservatives, I hear, and they're separatists as well." the President said. "So you might have a hard time with them for the next five years."

"It would be interesting since I've watched all of your speeches, I've never seen one person heckling a Grand Chieftain. This would be very interesting indeed." the Prime Minister muses. He then grabs turns to the Patriarch. "So Patriarch Ronaldo, soon to be Chief Minister Ronaldo, pray tell, what would be your first actions to the Congress?"
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:28 pm

"So it would seem, yes." Ronaldo nods, chuckling. "I've been leading the Sacheyenyani Rigans since their liberation, you see. That's only about 1/4 all of Riga, but it still puts me on the map." His smile faded then, and he pursed his lips. "Oh. Oh, you meant 'those' republicans. Yeah, I'll be ready for some fair opposition. They can't be that popular, though."

Tal'eu, meanwhile, still reveled in the art. "Just because they don't attend the speeches doesn't mean I don't get it in the mailbox. Foreign leaders, especially, enjoy riling me."
"My first action in congress is a bare necessity." Ronaldo tapped his temple with his forefinger, showing he knew exactly what to do. "I'm going to pass the education act, and ensure that the current laws of Riga do not violate any human rights. Similarly, I want to ensure everything is in place to protect the just laws of Riga."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:03 pm

"They got 3 out of 25 seats in Congress, so while they might not be popular right now, we can't let our guard down." the President said. The President and the Prime Minister meanwhile listens to the Patriarch as he unveils his first acts as the Chief Minister. "You have a fresh mandate on your hands, so I doubt they'll be opposing your plans. By the Education Act, will that include the curriculum?" the President intently listens.

"If you would consider." the Prime Minister joins the conversation. "We have drafted the Rigan Residency Act, which is basically a citizenship law." the Prime Minister pulls out the notes. "The bill basically includes who are eligible for it, the process of naturalization, loss of Residency and crimes that forever disqualifies a person from being a Resident, and giving the Heads of State absolute power over Residency, Immigration and Refugee. Absolute except for one thing: When a person commits any crimes that disqualifies them from being a Resident, only the Courts may overturn it." the Prime Minister said. "If you would be interested, I can send the draft text to you."

"We also suggest that you pass the General Appropriations Act, or the budget." the President adds. "In Eminral, we are preparing to present the budget as early as next month. Therefore we'll need to take into account the Rigan budget, because Eminral has committed to funding some of the operations and projects of the Rigan Government."
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:46 pm

It seemed dissent was popping up all over the Empire, now. Between the Republicans and the Dominguez Movement, it was beginning to look as though Sacheyenya would go down the route of Rome. However, there were many measures in place to ensure the stability; at least for the time being. "You should be very familiar with the education act, sir Mendoza. It originated in Eminral." Ronaldo smiled, pushing such thoughts from his head. 'The Bill of Scholarship in Sacheyenya, As Writ by Eminral and Floribbea.' It is the 8th Amendment to the Sacheyenyani Book of Laws, you see. It may not include a curriculum, but I've been working on one as is."

He then turned to look at the Prime Minister, granting him his full attention as he spoke. "I would love to receive the text. It sounds like an excellent plan. Both ideas do." He nods at the president, regarding both men. "For the first while, our budget will focus on the industrialization of Riga - or rather the checking of. Implementing cleaner sources of fuel, creating more efficient technologies, the likes. Naturally, as we have no enemies in the vicinity, I think the armed forces will be the spot where least of our funding will be directed. For the time being, that is."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:23 pm

"Ah, that amendment." the President remembers. "It's been a long time since anybody brought that up. I am also going to propose an open movement of students in the Baltic region. I think education is more important now than ever, but we must also move away from the traditional emphasis on academic education." the President pauses to drink his water. "Academic education may have worked when engineers, doctors and other professionals are in high demand, but with the increase in technology, we must put emphasis on do-it-yourself education: a focus on self-reliance, especially in agricultural education. You see, we're currently at war with big food companies in Eminral. And I hope that by the end of my lifetime, people won't have to depend on supermarkets for their food."

"Well then according to your plan.." the Prime Minister briefly pauses. "Eminral will focus its grants on education, healthcare and other public infrastructure projects such as highways and train system. Our investment focuses on commuter-friendly urban plans: A focus on bicycles and public transportation over private transportation and of course, the hallmark of Eminral: education." The Prime Minister clutches up some numbers, "Up to E$ 350 billion will be committed for this purposes. That should be suffice for the next decade."

"By the way comrades, speaking of energy resources, will nuclear power be included?" the President responds.

As the men talk, the convoy has already entered the District of Riga. They were greeted by more armed men from the Federal Police and the Eminral Army. Choppers were seen hovering above the sky and civilian onlookers can be seen running to the side of the road. As they get closer to the Congressional building, Eminrallian Officers wearing a new uniform: A black uniform with neon-green stripes, can be seen roaming around the area along with some Sacheyenyani Officers. Sacheyenyani, Eminrallian and Rigan flags as well as some welcome posters, almost close to propaganda posters, can be seen on the side of the road.
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:17 pm

"It's been upheld well in the Empire. The Book of Law is the word of the House Dyanu, and most people are more than obliged to comply with it. As for the movement in the Baltic region, that sounds like an excellent idea. With the borders practically hop-and-a-skip through, it will make stuff like field trips and what not very easily accessible." A look of splendor then crossed Ronaldo's face. "Ah, you see, this is why I was also in support of the Greens and Farmers, at first. Agriculture is all their strong suit, I'm sure you could guess by their name. In favor of small, private owned farms, as opposed to larger, state and government owned farms."

"Nuclear energy." At the mention of that phrase, a hush came over the Sacheyenyani delegation, as glances were exchanged from man to man. "Well, you see..." All eyes were on Ronaldo, expectantly, and almost quizzingly. "Nuclear energy is a bit of a taboo, you see, in the mainland. Here, I think I'd be able to get away with it. But I mainly intend to focus on solar and wind energy, which are slightly more stable."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 pm

"No, of course it is." the President leans back. "Sacheyenyanis do a fine job with their environment, and I wouldn't want a nuclear station near any bodies of water either. It's up to you know, Chief Minister-elect."

The convoy enters a rotunda, in front of the government office. There, Federal Police officers wearing their black and neon green uniform are guarding the entrance, with the crowd, mostly journalists, awaiting the arrival. A Federal Police officer opens the door of the car, "Go-kigen yo" (Good day), greets a Federal Police officer with Japanese heritage. "Oh, Good day to you as well." the President was the first to exit the car. "Now gentlemen, you are the honour of the day so please go ahead." the President invites the others to go first.

"Chieftain.." the Prime Minister talks to Chieftain Tal'eu as he gets out. "The first order of business will be the President calling the House into session. After that, he will call you out to give an opening statement before the house." As the Sacheyenyani delegates exits the car, the Prime Minister turns to the Chief Minister elect as well as the Chieftain. "The President will announce the appointment of the Chief Minister, and there will be a vote in Congress for formality. After that, you'll be delivering a speech before Congress. After that will be a speech from party leaders. Anything that goes on after that will be up to you. You may raise a point of order to dismiss the Congress, or your may proceed with the first activity of the legislature. The Grand Chieftain will serve as the Speaker of Congress for the day."
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Ronaldo nodded his head. He actually quite enjoyed the sound of the title, and it brought a smile to his face. "Time will tell." He muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

The first to exit the car was Tal'eu. He halted as the Prime Minister stopped him, holding up a finger to the audience before re-entering the car to hear what he had to say. The Chieftain nods, waving his hand. "Simple enough. The speech is always the easy part of the proceedings, eh?" He chuckled, exiting the car, arms outstretched as if to embrace the crowd, mouthing the words 'sorry for the wait'. He was followed by Ronaldo, and then the Patriarchs, one by one, as they all bowed and waved to the crowd, blowing kisses on occasion.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:27 pm

"It's our big day." the Prime Minister jokes to the Sacheyenyani delegation. As they enter the room, guards that are standing by the corridor leading to the main room of Congress all saluted at the same time. The President, leading the delegation, enters a small door to his right. "Chieftain, just follow the red carpet and you'll reach the Speaker's seat. I will be joining you afterwards. The Chief Minister will have a special chair in front of the right wing of this chamber. The rest of you will also have a special chair beside the Chief Minister." the President informs everyone. As they all walk to the hall, a fairly-sized hall which is small compared to a parliament of other nations, is styled after the US Congress. There are two seats in front, with a podium in front of the Speaker's seat. The benches where Congressmen seat are group in a horseshoe shape.

The President, following the Chief Minister, heads for the Speakers' seat. "You may begin whenever you are ready, Chieftain." the President says.
[align=center]

Sacheyenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:13 pm

The patriarch's marched like so; Tal'eu lead the van\. Behind him, side by side, were Manuel and Conrade Sanders, the brothers. Behind them were Ramas and Reinhardt, the newest chieftains. And behind them, standing in line with Tal'eu, was Ronaldo. They walked uniformly, head held high, left hand on their saber, except for the King, who held his hands in a gesture of blessing. The Balcnan Patriarch's dispersed at the king's signal, and Tal'eu broke his semi-stark demeanor by breaking into waving and blowing kisses. He was just as much an entertainer as he was a politician, and some argued he was even more an entertainer than his father.

"Hail, and blessings of the gods be ever upon thee." His voice echoed on the microphone as he flashed another blessing. "It is an honor to be here, truly, and to represent the nations, the very men and women who fought and died so that this land may be free from tyranny. It is in their memory that we carry out such processes as what we are about to begin." He needed no notes. He had rehearsed what to say in such situations many a time, and always found new ways to say them.

"We are here today to honor the voice of not just men like myself; but of the everyman. Of the farmer, the separatist, the liberal, the conservative. On days such as this, in places such as this, is where all men are equal before the gods; where the law is upheld. Rather than talk incessantly, as I am so apt to do, I would like simply to allow all those here, whose job it is to do so, do that for me. As such, without further ado..." He pauses in anticipation, letting it build up. "Comrades, by Jove above who grants order to men, the House is in session."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:31 pm

"The House is now in session." the President stands up, but pauses as he shuffles his papers around. "The motion is on the approval of Resolution 0001 for the proclamation of Ronaldo Vasqierra as the Chief Minister of the District of Riga." the President pauses briefly again. "I will be asking the members to cast their ballot on the box in front of me. All those in favor for the confirmation of Ronaldo Vasqierra as the Chief Minister, drop the green ballot, all those in contrary drop the red ballot."

Subordinates of the Congressional Seargent-at-Arms, which are also Federal Police officers, guides Congressman to conduct an orderly vote. Congressman, holding two cards: a red and a green one, lines up in front of the Speakers' chair to cast their vote on a black box. A Congressional staffer is standing by the box to ensure there will be no fraud happening. The vote lasted for seven minutes. The Congressional staff counted the votes three times, with the voting being witnessed by the Heads of State. A Federal Police officer hands in a piece of paper with the results on it, as he whispers to the Chieftain again: "After you announce the votes, just make a brief statement officiating his confirmation, for the sake of formality."

Results: 22 in favor, 3 against.
[align=center]

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents