NATION

PASSWORD

Albuarian Dinner (New World Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albuaria
Attaché

Founded: Dec 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albuaria » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 am

The Albuarian Presidential staff lays out a magnificent table and the finest china available, The dinner for today will be set in the grand hall since the outside patio is where the Feast is being held and is still being set up.

The table is filled with foods and desserts from all the countries here. A profile for each guest was sent to the kitchen so everyone had their favorite meal from their homeland.

A group of Musicians from the Albuarian University of Science and Art played in the background, They were students from the top of their class and competent to get this opportunity.

President Neilsen made his way down to the table and sent staff to the guest rooms to fetch everyone for todays dinner.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:56 pm

Albuaria wrote:The Albuarian Presidential staff lays out a magnificent table and the finest china available, The dinner for today will be set in the grand hall since the outside patio is where the Feast is being held and is still being set up.

The table is filled with foods and desserts from all the countries here. A profile for each guest was sent to the kitchen so everyone had their favorite meal from their homeland.

A group of Musicians from the Albuarian University of Science and Art played in the background, They were students from the top of their class and competent to get this opportunity.

President Neilsen made his way down to the table and sent staff to the guest rooms to fetch everyone for todays dinner.

Stanis walked down from the guest rooms, unaccompanied by his wife or daughters. His son, Prince Levin walked beside him as they travelled to the dinner, discussing matters amicably.

"Yes father, but what of Aeuria? Their Emperor is here."

"Son, your father isn't blind... yet. This dinner is for the purpose of Albuaria to present themselves to us, but if the situation warrants it, discussions of diplomacy will not be entirely out of place." Both of them entered the grand hall, looking around at the proceedings. "It's a fine dinner, don't you think?"

"Perhaps so father, but I still prefer ours."

Albuaria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Albuaria » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:51 pm

Mascargo wrote:Stanis walked down from the guest rooms, unaccompanied by his wife or daughters. His son, Prince Levin walked beside him as they travelled to the dinner, discussing matters amicably.

"Yes father, but what of Aeuria? Their Emperor is here."

"Son, your father isn't blind... yet. This dinner is for the purpose of Albuaria to present themselves to us, but if the situation warrants it, discussions of diplomacy will not be entirely out of place." Both of them entered the grand hall, looking around at the proceedings. "It's a fine dinner, don't you think?"

"Perhaps so father, but I still prefer ours."

The table was set and ready to go, The lights were dimmed ever so slightly in order to create a more comfortable environment. President Neilsen was sitting down at the head of the table, along with him were all of his generals and political advisors for all divisions of the Albuarian Government. Butlers and Servants were standing behind everyone and waiting to serve the guests hand and foot, Every move they made was perfectly practiced until it was flawless in every regard.

The artwork around the room was beautiful, They were painted by some of the finest artists throughout history. Behind the President was his own self portrait, it was held in a beautiful gold plated frame.

President Neilsen sees the two enter and stands up, then performing a slight bow. "It is so nice to have you for todays dinner, Please have a seat" President Neilsen throws up a hand gesture to the table and a empty chairs.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Albuaria wrote:The table was set and ready to go, The lights were dimmed ever so slightly in order to create a more comfortable environment. President Neilsen was sitting down at the head of the table, along with him were all of his generals and political advisors for all divisions of the Albuarian Government. Butlers and Servants were standing behind everyone and waiting to serve the guests hand and foot, Every move they made was perfectly practiced until it was flawless in every regard.

The artwork around the room was beautiful, They were painted by some of the finest artists throughout history. Behind the President was his own self portrait, it was held in a beautiful gold plated frame.

President Neilsen sees the two enter and stands up, then performing a slight bow. "It is so nice to have you for todays dinner, Please have a seat" President Neilsen throws up a hand gesture to the table and a empty chairs.

Stanis nodded and walked with his son to the table, both of them taking their respective seats. Anastasia would probably be down shortly along with the two princesses, but Stanis didn't mind. He looked around the room, taking time to admire the artwork. He was an aficionado of the arts and enjoyed it greatly, his palace full of art "acquired" from the Maria Institute. His eyes fell on the portrait of the president and he sighed. "Ah," he thought to himself. "An obligatory self-portrait. Rather redundant for a democracy." He looked away, his son tapping him on the shoulder and whispering to him.

Albuaria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Albuaria » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:08 pm

Mascargo wrote:Stanis nodded and walked with his son to the table, both of them taking their respective seats. Anastasia would probably be down shortly along with the two princesses, but Stanis didn't mind. He looked around the room, taking time to admire the artwork. He was an aficionado of the arts and enjoyed it greatly, his palace full of art "acquired" from the Maria Institute. His eyes fell on the portrait of the president and he sighed. "Ah," he thought to himself. "An obligatory self-portrait. Rather redundant for a democracy." He looked away, his son tapping him on the shoulder and whispering to him.

"So gentlemen how are your rooms? I hope they are to your liking? I had them stocked with snakes, beverages, and foods from your homeland. Will the rest of you family be joining us for dinner?"

The other government officials at the table start to chatter and talk amongst themselves while they sip on the wine.

Aeuria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 pm

"Thankfully it isn't as bloody hot in here as it is outside." Aleksander said as Sir Charles finished the final touches on the Emperor's gilded outfit, composed of an ornate military uniform and a thin but elegantly engraved circlet. His aide stepped back, admiring his handiwork and hoping Aleksander would be content with his outfit.

"Are we ready to go to dinner? We've been holed up in here for far too long." Sir Charles said, looking around the finely appointed room.

Aleksander turned himself around, looking at himself from every angle provided by the mirror to spot any errors. "Yes," he began. "I believe so!" he said with a smile and a tap on Sir Charles' shoulder. "I'll just finish my drink and we'll be off." he continued as he walked across the spacious room to a table on which his drink, comprising of Aeurian gin and tonic, sat.

"Sir, we really must be getting downstairs."

Aleksander shot his aide a look before sighing. "Of course." he said simply before finishing the nearly full glass in one gulp. With a shiver, he turned around, a broad smile on his face. "Let's see how these Albuarians do dinner!" he exclaimed loudly as he quickly headed for the doors.

After a short few minutes, Aleksander, Sir Charles, and 2 Imperial Guardsmen - who kept their distance - entered the grand hall. The group paused a moment as Aleksander observed the room. "Nice, very nice." he said simply.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Albuaria wrote:"So gentlemen how are your rooms? I hope they are to your liking? I had them stocked with snakes, beverages, and foods from your homeland. Will the rest of you family be joining us for dinner?"

The other government officials at the table start to chatter and talk amongst themselves while they sip on the wine.

"Oh, uh... yes! Yes, they'll be here shortly." He responded, his attention grabbed by Aleksander's entrance. He looked at Levin, who quickly adjusted in his seat to also gaze at the Aeurians. "My darling Anastasia wouldn't miss a dinner for her life." He laughed, turning his attention from the emperor for a moment if not to be rude to President Neilsen.

Levin continued to focus on the Emperor and his aide, observing them. Levin himself was only nineteen, but next in line to inherit the throne. His father insisted that he'd get a grasp on politics, so the dinner was the best place in mind. For him, it was a training session. He shifted his gaze as his mother stepped down and entered into the room, his sisters Valeriya and Anna behind her. They were all in elaborate dresses, while Levin and his father wore outfits more stylized for traditional noble wear. The Andropovs still dressed rather traditional, even going as far to have only their portraits painted, never taken.

The three women walked into the room, all of them bobbing a curtsey to Aleksander as they passed him by. Anastasia sat beside her husband, while the two princesses sat next to their brother.

Albuaria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Albuaria » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:32 am

Aeuria wrote:"Thankfully it isn't as bloody hot in here as it is outside." Aleksander said as Sir Charles finished the final touches on the Emperor's gilded outfit, composed of an ornate military uniform and a thin but elegantly engraved circlet. His aide stepped back, admiring his handiwork and hoping Aleksander would be content with his outfit.

"Are we ready to go to dinner? We've been holed up in here for far too long." Sir Charles said, looking around the finely appointed room.

Aleksander turned himself around, looking at himself from every angle provided by the mirror to spot any errors. "Yes," he began. "I believe so!" he said with a smile and a tap on Sir Charles' shoulder. "I'll just finish my drink and we'll be off." he continued as he walked across the spacious room to a table on which his drink, comprising of Aeurian gin and tonic, sat.

"Sir, we really must be getting downstairs."

Aleksander shot his aide a look before sighing. "Of course." he said simply before finishing the nearly full glass in one gulp. With a shiver, he turned around, a broad smile on his face. "Let's see how these Albuarians do dinner!" he exclaimed loudly as he quickly headed for the doors.

After a short few minutes, Aleksander, Sir Charles, and 2 Imperial Guardsmen - who kept their distance - entered the grand hall. The group paused a moment as Aleksander observed the room. "Nice, very nice." he said simply.

President Neilsen stands back up and bows to the Emperor then returns upright. "It is so nice of you to join us Emperor"

"As for you Queen Anastasia, I am so grateful that you could join us as well along with your children."

"I hope the food is to everyones liking. We have some of your countries traditional dishes here that I think you may enjoy. If they are not to your liking then please just say the word and we will have them fixed to your liking immediately! Now how is everyones rooms, are they to everyones liking?"

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:42 am

Albuaria wrote:President Neilsen stands back up and bows to the Emperor then returns upright. "It is so nice of you to join us Emperor"

"As for you Queen Anastasia, I am so grateful that you could join us as well along with your children."

"I hope the food is to everyones liking. We have some of your countries traditional dishes here that I think you may enjoy. If they are not to your liking then please just say the word and we will have them fixed to your liking immediately! Now how is everyones rooms, are they to everyones liking?"

Anastasia smiled at Neilsen, about to say something when Stanis surreptitiously tapped on her arm. He gave a stern look, more than daring her to say anything that would embarrass himself. She rolled her eyes and looked back at the president. "It's my pleasure to be here."

Stanis smiled, content that his wife didn't say anything absurd, which was unusual really. "Yes," he affirmed, "The rooms are quite fine. Very nice even." He glanced over to Levin, who was observing Aleksander still, his hands clasped in his lap.

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Albuaria wrote:President Neilsen stands back up and bows to the Emperor then returns upright. "It is so nice of you to join us Emperor"

"As I said upon my arrival, we don't have many buildings like this in Aeuria. It's always wonderful to experience others' architecture, I quite enjoy my room, thank you." Aleksander said with a smile as he sipped on another glass of gin. "And of course, having a bottle of gin waiting for me was a nice touch." he said with a laugh.

Mascargo wrote:Anastasia smiled at Neilsen, about to say something when Stanis surreptitiously tapped on her arm. He gave a stern look, more than daring her to say anything that would embarrass himself. She rolled her eyes and looked back at the president. "It's my pleasure to be here."

Stanis smiled, content that his wife didn't say anything absurd, which was unusual really. "Yes," he affirmed, "The rooms are quite fine. Very nice even." He glanced over to Levin, who was observing Aleksander still, his hands clasped in his lap.

Sir Charles sat quietly, sipping a glass of wine and eying the Andropovs. He could not help but notice Prince Levin's fixation on Emperor Aleksander. As Aleksander set his glass on the table, he too noticed the young prince's gaze, locking eyes with him with a smile for a brief moment.

"Prince Levin, is it? I hope I'm pronouncing that correctly." said Aleksander with a warm smile as he lit a cigarette. "Tell me, as we do things a bit differently back home, how are you finding life as the heir to the Mascargoan throne? I imagine that could be quite stressful for a young man such as yourself." he finished, blowing smoke towards the ceiling as to not bother the Andropovs.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Aeuria wrote:Sir Charles sat quietly, sipping a glass of wine and eying the Andropovs. He could not help but notice Prince Levin's fixation on Emperor Aleksander. As Aleksander set his glass on the table, he too noticed the young prince's gaze, locking eyes with him with a smile for a brief moment.

"Prince Levin, is it? I hope I'm pronouncing that correctly." said Aleksander with a warm smile as he lit a cigarette. "Tell me, as we do things a bit differently back home, how are you finding life as the heir to the Mascargoan throne? I imagine that could be quite stressful for a young man such as yourself." he finished, blowing smoke towards the ceiling as to not bother the Andropovs.

Levin seemed alarmed at first. He wasn't expecting Aleksander to speak to him, he figured his father was the better one for matters of policy. "Well," he started, resting a hand on his chin. "I imagine it's different than Aeuria, you elect your rulers, don't you? It is rather strange, knowing that you always need to be prepared to take the mantle of leadership. Sometimes I envy my sisters, but I wouldn't change places for anything. Father's prepared me well, and I'm confident in my ability to lead Mascargo when God calls for it."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Aeuria wrote:Sir Charles sat quietly, sipping a glass of wine and eying the Andropovs. He could not help but notice Prince Levin's fixation on Emperor Aleksander. As Aleksander set his glass on the table, he too noticed the young prince's gaze, locking eyes with him with a smile for a brief moment.

Levin seemed alarmed at first. He wasn't expecting Aleksander to speak to him, he figured his father was the better one for matters of policy. "Well," he started, resting a hand on his chin. "I imagine it's different than Aeuria, you elect your rulers, don't you? It is rather strange, knowing that you always need to be prepared to take the mantle of leadership. Sometimes I envy my sisters, but I wouldn't change places for anything. Father's prepared me well, and I'm confident in my ability to lead Mascargo when God calls for it."

Aleksander smiled at the young man. His confidence in speaking to a foreign Emperor was admirable he thought.

"Mm, yes, my position is an elected one. Though my family or the House of Aeuria has sat on the throne since the 16th century." he said, sipping on his wine. Aleksander paused a moment, forgetting the young man's religious affiliation. "Let's just hope your God doesn't call you to that duty too soon, eh Stanis?" laughed Aleksander, wryly smiling at his Mascargoan counterpart.
Last edited by Aeuria on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Aeuria wrote:Aleksander smiled at the young man. His confidence in speaking to a foreign Emperor was admirable he thought.

"Mm, yes, my position is an elected one. Though my family or the House of Aeuria has sat on the throne since the 16th century." he said, sipping on his wine. Aleksander paused a moment, forgetting the young man's religious affiliation. "Let's just hope your God doesn't call you to that duty too soon, eh Stanis?" laughed Aleksander, wryly smiling at his Mascargoan counterpart.

Stanis turned over, laughing. "I sure hope He doesn't! I still have a rather large list of things to do before I'm done." Levin nodded in agreement.

"And pardon me for my ignorance on Aeurian culture. I haven't found an excuse to visit your country yet, but I hear it's something else."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Aeuria wrote:Aleksander smiled at the young man. His confidence in speaking to a foreign Emperor was admirable he thought.

Stanis turned over, laughing. "I sure hope He doesn't! I still have a rather large list of things to do before I'm done." Levin nodded in agreement.

"And pardon me for my ignorance on Aeurian culture. I haven't found an excuse to visit your country yet, but I hear it's something else."

Aleksander smiled behind the glass of wine, always enjoying opportunities to talk about himself or his country.

"Ah yes, well of course to me it's home and the definition of normality, but I do realize from a foreign perspective it could seem..." he paused, trying to find the right word. "Interesting." he said with a small laugh.

Sir Charles snickered. "Yes, interesting is one way to put it."

The Emperor briefly glanced at his aide with a smile before returning his gaze to Stanis and Levin. "It um, may be a bit of a cultural shock, should you take a visit outside the normal, refined areas dignitaries usually stay in." he paused again, taking a quick drag from his cigarette before continuing. "Definitely not a place for the morally conservative and of course I allude to my empire's reputation for its vices and bad habits." he said, raising his cigarette. "But of course, we don't see it that way, we quite enjoy our freedoms!" he laughed.

"If there was anything specific you were curious about, I'd be more than happy to clue you in." he said with another smile and sip of wine.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Aeuria wrote:Aleksander smiled behind the glass of wine, always enjoying opportunities to talk about himself or his country.

"Ah yes, well of course to me it's home and the definition of normality, but I do realize from a foreign perspective it could seem..." he paused, trying to find the right word. "Interesting." he said with a small laugh.

Sir Charles snickered. "Yes, interesting is one way to put it."

The Emperor briefly glanced at his aide with a smile before returning his gaze to Stanis and Levin. "It um, may be a bit of a cultural shock, should you take a visit outside the normal, refined areas dignitaries usually stay in." he paused again, taking a quick drag from his cigarette before continuing. "Definitely not a place for the morally conservative and of course I allude to my empire's reputation for its vices and bad habits." he said, raising his cigarette. "But of course, we don't see it that way, we quite enjoy our freedoms!" he laughed.

"If there was anything specific you were curious about, I'd be more than happy to clue you in." he said with another smile and sip of wine.

Levin nodded, agreeing with Aleksander. "Our countries aren't too different. Sure, our culture is deeply rooted in age-old traditions, but our citizens still have the common luxuries and rights of other nations. What's the point of being a King if you're gonna be a bad one, right?" He chuckled to himself, taking a drink from a small glass of wine situated in-front of him. "I do have to ask, though, how does your election process work? How have you managed to stay in power with only changing between two noble houses? You were right to assume a cultural shock, but in this case it boils now to mere difference. I'm sure you know that we Mascargoans don't elect our monarchs."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Mascargo wrote:Levin nodded, agreeing with Aleksander. "Our countries aren't too different. Sure, our culture is deeply rooted in age-old traditions, but our citizens still have the common luxuries and rights of other nations. What's the point of being a King if you're gonna be a bad one, right?" He chuckled to himself, taking a drink from a small glass of wine situated in-front of him. "I do have to ask, though, how does your election process work? How have you managed to stay in power with only changing between two noble houses? You were right to assume a cultural shock, but in this case it boils now to mere difference. I'm sure you know that we Mascargoans don't elect our monarchs."

"Well..." Aleksander began, not expecting the question. He sighed before continuing. "It's a bit complicated, so I hope you'll bear with me." he began. "You see, the position of Emperor is elected by the general population. Completely democratic - no electors, no electoral college, just a simple democratic vote. Now, as for how we've stayed on the throne for centuries, I must explain what I've been told is an "odd" feature of Aeurian culture." he said, sitting up and taking a sip of wine.

"Aeurians believe very strongly in preserving bloodlines. Every family is obsessed with it, the idea of a family dying out is quite distressing to most. Now when it comes to the nobility or royalty, well that's an entirely different... what's the phrase... ballgame! Yes, a completely different ballgame. You see, the accomplishments and success of a person or family is seen as a result of their blood. Now - obviously - with modern science, we know this isn't true, in fact it's a rather archaic and silly tradition, but a tradition nonetheless. So when you have a noble House such as my own, who has close ties with the House of Aeuria, the Empire's largest fortune, countless emperors who were Fairfaxes, owning iconic properties, etc., etc., the family is viewed, simply by blood association as that success's... embodiment. This stems from our complex spiritual system. However, to finally answer your question directly - because of the success and inherent prestige my House and the House of Aeuria has enjoyed for millennia, we - and our offspring - are seen as inherently powerful, successful, influential, and intelligent. Which of course are great qualities for an absolute ruler." he finished, his throat parched from all the talking. He quickly snatched his glass and drank liberally from it.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Aeuria wrote:"Well..." Aleksander began, not expecting the question. He sighed before continuing. "It's a bit complicated, so I hope you'll bear with me." he began. "You see, the position of Emperor is elected by the general population. Completely democratic - no electors, no electoral college, just a simple democratic vote. Now, as for how we've stayed on the throne for centuries, I must explain what I've been told is an "odd" feature of Aeurian culture." he said, sitting up and taking a sip of wine.

"Aeurians believe very strongly in preserving bloodlines. Every family is obsessed with it, the idea of a family dying out is quite distressing to most. Now when it comes to the nobility or royalty, well that's an entirely different... what's the phrase... ballgame! Yes, a completely different ballgame. You see, the accomplishments and success of a person or family is seen as a result of their blood. Now - obviously - with modern science, we know this isn't true, in fact it's a rather archaic and silly tradition, but a tradition nonetheless. So when you have a noble House such as my own, who has close ties with the House of Aeuria, the Empire's largest fortune, countless emperors who were Fairfaxes, owning iconic properties, etc., etc., the family is viewed, simply by blood association as that success's... embodiment. This stems from our complex spiritual system. However, to finally answer your question directly - because of the success and inherent prestige my House and the House of Aeuria has enjoyed for millennia, we - and our offspring - are seen as inherently powerful, successful, influential, and intelligent. Which of course are great qualities for an absolute ruler." he finished, his throat parched from all the talking. He quickly snatched his glass and drank liberally from it.

Levin listened intently as he spoke, honestly interested in what he had to say. He waited until he had finished, taking a moment to soak in what was said before replying.

"Well, that is a rather interesting... and traditional take. Bloodlines and all. Our country used to be like that, hundreds of years ago we'd be drowning babies over preserving our Andropovan bloodline, along with the nobility. We don't really worry about that anymore; if you don't know, Mascargo prohibits the existence of nobility that isn't tied to the Andropov House. By good luck, we have no need for bloodline debates."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:04 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Aeuria wrote:"Well..." Aleksander began, not expecting the question. He sighed before continuing. "It's a bit complicated, so I hope you'll bear with me." he began. "You see, the position of Emperor is elected by the general population. Completely democratic - no electors, no electoral college, just a simple democratic vote. Now, as for how we've stayed on the throne for centuries, I must explain what I've been told is an "odd" feature of Aeurian culture." he said, sitting up and taking a sip of wine.

Levin listened intently as he spoke, honestly interested in what he had to say. He waited until he had finished, taking a moment to soak in what was said before replying.

"Well, that is a rather interesting... and traditional take. Bloodlines and all. Our country used to be like that, hundreds of years ago we'd be drowning babies over preserving our Andropovan bloodline, along with the nobility. We don't really worry about that anymore; if you don't know, Mascargo prohibits the existence of nobility that isn't tied to the Andropov House. By good luck, we have no need for bloodline debates."

Aleksander listened to the prince as he spoke. His eyebrows raised when the prince commented about the practice of killing babies for their bloodline. Aeuria was likely the country with the most obsession with bloodlines however they never resorted to killing offspring, merely banishing them or allowing a lesser Noble House adopt the child in secret.

"I suppose being the only noble house would secure your family's right to the throne." he said with a smile, surprised at the Mascargoan practice. There are dozens of noble families in Aeuria, even if they're all under the thumb of the Crown.

"So tell me, and I mean no offense, but you marry... commoners then?" he asked, keeping his distaste off of his face and out of his voice.

Such a marriage is completely alien in Aeurian society; marrying and having offspring with a commoner is seen to dilute and weaken the bloodline. Aleksander had to deal with this elitist aspect of life in Aeuria growing up; his brother attempted to marry a commoner, only to have their father not only forbid the marriage but banish the woman and her family from the Empire completely. In a House as esteemed as the Fairfaxes, even marrying into a lesser House is seen as undesirable.

Of course, having relations with commoners is not forbidden, only marrying or having children with them.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Aeuria wrote:Aleksander listened to the prince as he spoke. His eyebrows raised when the prince commented about the practice of killing babies for their bloodline. Aeuria was likely the country with the most obsession with bloodlines however they never resorted to killing offspring, merely banishing them or allowing a lesser Noble House adopt the child in secret.

"I suppose being the only noble house would secure your family's right to the throne." he said with a smile, surprised at the Mascargoan practice. There are dozens of noble families in Aeuria, even if they're all under the thumb of the Crown.

"So tell me, and I mean no offense, but you marry... commoners then?" he asked, keeping his distaste off of his face and out of his voice.

Such a marriage is completely alien in Aeurian society; marrying and having offspring with a commoner is seen to dilute and weaken the bloodline. Aleksander had to deal with this elitist aspect of life in Aeuria growing up; his brother attempted to marry a commoner, only to have their father not only forbid the marriage but banish the woman and her family from the Empire completely. In a House as esteemed as the Fairfaxes, even marrying into a lesser House is seen as undesirable.

Of course, having relations with commoners is not forbidden, only marrying or having children with them.

Levin nodded. "Well, basically... yes, we marry commoners if you will, but we don't consider it like that. Our bloodline isn't traced by purity but by relation. If you're able to prove that you're part of the House, then that's good enough for us. We don't care about your blood." He paused, looking over and seeing that his father was busy talking with his mother.

"As for our marriages, generally we try to avoid marrying out of our societal status... but that's rather impossible without searching abroad for open candidates. We view marrying commoners as a more," he paused, trying to think of how to word his statement. "We see it as uplifting the citizenry. It's an enormous honor to be married to an Andropov. Normally we seek out individuals already well-versed in matters of diplomacy, the Citizen's Commune is a popular place for marriage candidates... but that's not always the case, like with my father and mother. She wasn't part of the political or legislative process."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Mascargo wrote:Levin nodded. "Well, basically... yes, we marry commoners if you will, but we don't consider it like that. Our bloodline isn't traced by purity but by relation. If you're able to prove that you're part of the House, then that's good enough for us. We don't care about your blood." He paused, looking over and seeing that his father was busy talking with his mother.

"As for our marriages, generally we try to avoid marrying out of our societal status... but that's rather impossible without searching abroad for open candidates. We view marrying commoners as a more," he paused, trying to think of how to word his statement. "We see it as uplifting the citizenry. It's an enormous honor to be married to an Andropov. Normally we seek out individuals already well-versed in matters of diplomacy, the Citizen's Commune is a popular place for marriage candidates... but that's not always the case, like with my father and mother. She wasn't part of the political or legislative process."

"I...see." said Aleksander with hesitation, the whole idea very odd to him. He cleared his throat before continuing. "So what are you thinking then? Looking for a nice Mascargoan or a mysterious foreigner?" the Emperor asked the young man with a chuckle, remember his own years of courtship - even though they were mostly spent pointlessly with men. In the end, his marriage to Empress Luna was both arranged and political. They had grown up together, as many Fairfaxes and Aeurians do; their Houses sharing a close bond. Aleksander cared for Luna however - she had become a close friend and confidant - even if their marriage was absent of love - which was not unusual for the monarchs of Aeuria.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Aeuria wrote:"I...see." said Aleksander with hesitation, the whole idea very odd to him. He cleared his throat before continuing. "So what are you thinking then? Looking for a nice Mascargoan or a mysterious foreigner?" the Emperor asked the young man with a chuckle, remember his own years of courtship - even though they were mostly spent pointlessly with men. In the end, his marriage to Empress Luna was both arranged and political. They had grown up together, as many Fairfaxes and Aeurians do; their Houses sharing a close bond. Aleksander cared for Luna however - she had become a close friend and confidant - even if their marriage was absent of love - which was not unusual for the monarchs of Aeuria.

"Nice Mascargoans? Rather funny joke!" He chuckled, taking a drink of wine from his cup. "Well... I suppose I eventually do have to get married, else the succession lines get complicated. I've given it little thought, but I have no qualms with marrying a 'foreigner', even if our nation has a poor history with immigrants. There's precedence for it, my ancestors married across national boundaries many times, forming alliances and what-not."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Aeuria wrote:"I...see." said Aleksander with hesitation, the whole idea very odd to him. He cleared his throat before continuing. "So what are you thinking then? Looking for a nice Mascargoan or a mysterious foreigner?" the Emperor asked the young man with a chuckle, remember his own years of courtship - even though they were mostly spent pointlessly with men. In the end, his marriage to Empress Luna was both arranged and political. They had grown up together, as many Fairfaxes and Aeurians do; their Houses sharing a close bond. Aleksander cared for Luna however - she had become a close friend and confidant - even if their marriage was absent of love - which was not unusual for the monarchs of Aeuria.

"Nice Mascargoans? Rather funny joke!" He chuckled, taking a drink of wine from his cup. "Well... I suppose I eventually do have to get married, else the succession lines get complicated. I've given it little thought, but I have no qualms with marrying a 'foreigner', even if our nation has a poor history with immigrants. There's precedence for it, my ancestors married across national boundaries many times, forming alliances and what-not."

"Ah, I see." the Emperor replied, a wry smile on his face. "She would slap me for mentioning her if she were here, but my daughter, Marie, is often the belle of the ball whenever we throw an event at the palace." he said, struggling not to smile. "Perhaps you two could, uh, meet. Yes, I think she would enjoy that - if she can drag herself away from her Duchies that is!" Aleksander said with a hearty laugh, Sir Charles joining in.

"Her Highness holds the titles and lands of 5 estates, most unusual: especially for a woman." Sir Charles quickly added, wanting to fill Prince Levin in.

"Yes, she's quite the politician." chuckled Aleksander. "Some even say she'll take the throne after me!". The Emperor again broke out in laughter. "She would be the first Empress to rule in her own right." he said pensively. "Can you imagine? Over 2,000 years of old, ugly men and poof! Along comes a beautiful young woman. That'd be one for the history books, eh Charlie?" he asked rhetorically as he lit another cigarette.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Aeuria wrote:"Ah, I see." the Emperor replied, a wry smile on his face. "She would slap me for mentioning her if she were here, but my daughter, Marie, is often the belle of the ball whenever we throw an event at the palace." he said, struggling not to smile. "Perhaps you two could, uh, meet. Yes, I think she would enjoy that - if she can drag herself away from her Duchies that is!" Aleksander said with a hearty laugh, Sir Charles joining in.

"Her Highness holds the titles and lands of 5 estates, most unusual: especially for a woman." Sir Charles quickly added, wanting to fill Prince Levin in.

"Yes, she's quite the politician." chuckled Aleksander. "Some even say she'll take the throne after me!". The Emperor again broke out in laughter. "She would be the first Empress to rule in her own right." he said pensively. "Can you imagine? Over 2,000 years of old, ugly men and poof! Along comes a beautiful young woman. That'd be one for the history books, eh Charlie?" he asked rhetorically as he lit another cigarette.

"Hmm... it's not unusual for a female to inherit the throne here, I just happened to be born first!" He laughed, finishing his glass of wine and giving it to a waiter to refill. "Ah, but yes, your daughter!" He said, returning to face Aleksander with heightened interest. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to meet her, she sounds rather the meticulous woman, owning five estates."

Aelturia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelturia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:57 pm

(OOC: I'm just going to skip the whole airport scene that everyone else did, since everyone seems to have found their rooms and the dinner already started.)

The Holy Empress, Ramina Suren walked down the steps from her private room, heading in direction of the dinner. She was accompanied by her personal Saoshan, Vartan Khoveri, a religious head of her faith. They were close friends since she rose into power, and he acted as her aide and advisor. She looked back at him, a frail old bearded man wrapped in a red robe, who always walked with a limp in his gait. She found it rather strange that they became friends, but appreciated his company nevertheless.

She was dressed in a religious garb, the same outfit that every Empress of Aelturia wore since the religious and political roles of leading the nation were combined into one. Her silk dress wrapped around her body, the creamy white blending in with the elaborate arrangement of gold jewelry and garnet crystals, ever glimmering when the sun was upon her. She wore her golden crown, fitting snugly to her head. She brought it on every occasion; the thing was as much a part of her as Khoveri was her friend.

Ramina personally received the invitation from Albuaria to attend the state dinner, as she was the head of every government agency. She had no qualms with going, Albuaria was a neighboring region. Fostering good relations, or at least attempting to keep up the charade of friendship was nearly a necessity. Nor did she like to avoid external issues like her predecessors. Ramina preferred to tackle issues directly. If people thought her nation backward, her religion oppressive and herself inept, she would prove them wrong.

She stepped carefully into the dinner room, staff opening the door for her. She looked around at the current guests, more elaborately dressed than all of them. Her Saoshan strolled up next to her, analyzing the room as they both continued to stand near the entrance.

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Aelturia wrote:(OOC: I'm just going to skip the whole airport scene that everyone else did, since everyone seems to have found their rooms and the dinner already started.)

The Holy Empress, Ramina Suren walked down the steps from her private room, heading in direction of the dinner. She was accompanied by her personal Saoshan, Vartan Khoveri, a religious head of her faith. They were close friends since she rose into power, and he acted as her aide and advisor. She looked back at him, a frail old bearded man wrapped in a red robe, who always walked with a limp in his gait. She found it rather strange that they became friends, but appreciated his company nevertheless.

She was dressed in a religious garb, the same outfit that every Empress of Aelturia wore since the religious and political roles of leading the nation were combined into one. Her silk dress wrapped around her body, the creamy white blending in with the elaborate arrangement of gold jewelry and garnet crystals, ever glimmering when the sun was upon her. She wore her golden crown, fitting snugly to her head. She brought it on every occasion; the thing was as much a part of her as Khoveri was her friend.

Ramina personally received the invitation from Albuaria to attend the state dinner, as she was the head of every government agency. She had no qualms with going, Albuaria was a neighboring region. Fostering good relations, or at least attempting to keep up the charade of friendship was nearly a necessity. Nor did she like to avoid external issues like her predecessors. Ramina preferred to tackle issues directly. If people thought her nation backward, her religion oppressive and herself inept, she would prove them wrong.

She stepped carefully into the dinner room, staff opening the door for her. She looked around at the current guests, more elaborately dressed than all of them. Her Saoshan strolled up next to her, analyzing the room as they both continued to stand near the entrance.

As the Empress entered the room, both Aleksander and Sir Charles turned their head to see a glittering woman in a dress, elaborately dressed in gold and jewels. Emperor Aleksander visibly choked on the wine he was drinking, recovering quickly.

"Incroyable." Aleksander said quietly. Her elaborate clothing and jewelry were stunning; reminiscent of the past garb of Aeurian Emperors. He, of course, felt humbled; wearing only a thin circlet, a small nod to the elaborate crowns of past emperors. He and Sir Charles quietly observed her as she stood in the doorway.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents