NATION

PASSWORD

The Aeurian Summit (New World Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeuria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:39 pm

As Aleksander made his way to the ballroom, he realized he had been walking for over 5 minutes and still was minutes away from the ballroom. "I need to put any future secret military installations somewhere more central." he thought to himself with a deep breath as he attempted to combat his rising breath rate. The Emperor stopped dead in his tracks, so too did his guards. He put his hand up, walking in front of the guard detail, before turning around to face them.

He sized up each, looking from the plume atop their gilded helmets to their shiny boots. After a moment he spoke up, "Sergeant, step forward." Naturally, the Sergeant obliged.

The largest man in the group, Sergeant Jaspe, stepped forward. At just over 7 feet, he was abnormally large for the Imperial Guardsmen. He was, however, admitted to the otherwise strictest military body in the Empire due to his immense strength and size. "Ita est, mi Imperator?" asked the Sergeant with a thick Aeurian accent.

"Carry me." said Aleksander simply.

The always expressionless face of the Imperial Guard wavered for a moment as he asked, "Sir?" wearing a look of confusion.

"Carry me. In your arms. To the ballroom." Aleksander repeated simply.

"Of course, Sir." replied the Sergeant, as if he had just been told the sky was blue.

Awkwardly, very awkwardly, Sergeant Jaspe picked up his emperor. Holding the monarch in his arms, His Majesty's legs hanging from one arm and his back supported by another, this was by far the strangest order he had ever received.

"Well, what are you waiting for Sergeant? To the ballroom!" ordered Aleksander with a laugh as the group of Aeurians continued their journey to the ballroom. As the Emperor was carried through the palace, many Aeurians, from servants to nobles, wore confused expressions, if only momentarily, before bowing deeply. Aleksander chuckled, laughing at how absurd he must look. "Luckily there's no foreign delegations around, this may send the wrong message." he thought with a look around, making sure no foreigners were in sight.

Before long, the Emperor and his detail, who was joined en route by Sir Charles, His Majesty's aide-de-camp, were nearing the ballroom. "Okay, put me down Jaspe." said Aleksander as the imposing sergeant slowly crouched before Aleksander's legs were supporting his own weight again. "Now", the rested Emperor began, Sir Charles straightening his clothes and doing a final check over of His Majesty. "I believe we have a ball to host!" he said loudly as two guards threw their weight against the massive doors to the grand ballroom, revealing nothing but a prime example of Aeurian wealth and power. Inside the massive room, home to one of the largest skylights in the world, which offered a panoramic view of the night sky, was an army of servants, waiters and waitresses, guards, entertainers, musicians, nobles, and even royals: all of whom were itching to charm, please, serve, and entertain the foreign delegations.

The Grand Ballroom

A wide smile broke out on Aleksander's face as he walked into the ballroom to a cheer from the nobility. The Emperor lit a cigarette, and peered upwards, admiring the night sky. "Alright, Charlie, send word to the delegations, the ball has officially started, they may arrive at their earliest convenience. And get me a gin!"

[OOC: Alright, things have begun, let the mingling, gossip, drama, and intrigue begin!]

Great Supina And Mag
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Supina And Mag » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:35 am

The Supon jet landed. It was painted to look like spaceship, the King said it was for lols. As the jet landed, Georges turned off his phone and unplugged his earphones. "Were late!!!" The Prime Minister Andrew shouted with his suitcase and papers in hand, he ran past. Georges sat upright,
before running after him. "Christ, Andrew calm down!". Georges walked down the famous steps. *Guardia Real* formed a defensive position,
the King squinted his eyes, "It's very bright." The King said before his climbed down to a crowd, The Royal Guard ushered them back. Before the PM, and King stepped into the Bentley.
The UK had a different culture to most nations. That's why the King had the driver put on "The Greatest Songs Of Supina". The first song was this.
"Andrew, We represent Supina, good"
"Yes, my King"

Italics mean its spoken in Spainsh
*Royal Guard*
Government: Grand Imperial Party (Imperial) | Official opposition: Conservative Party (Conservative)

"Death is never polite, even when we expect it." - Tiny Tim
I DO NOT use NS stats

Mascargo
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Aeurian Palace,
Imperial Ball

Stanis exited from the car that brought them to the palace first, taking a deep breath and being grateful for the fresh air. Boris went out after him and looked around at the palace's exterior, silently admiring the view. He quickly looked over to his king and motioned with a careful hand. "After you, your excellency. You should be first."

Stanis nodded and looked up at the palace stairs, giving a sly smirk. "Rather impressive. I heard they spent a lot of time here on architecture. Might need to get some references."

"Excuse me your excellency?"

"For the palace, of course. It's nigh an insult if an Andropov palace can't offer the same luxuries." Stanis laughed and began walking forward with Boris, both of them heading up the stairs together and entering into the palace. They spent a few moments admiring the hallways before they eventually reached the ballroom. Stanis suddenly stopped upon reaching the room, the president reacting slowly and nearly crashing into him.

"Wow. Aeurian architecture is rather impressive, wouldn't you say Boris?"

"Of course your excellency, but much of the same can be found back home." Boris looked away as Stanis went back to scanning the ballroom, admiring the quality craftsmanship. He was a bit of an aficionado himself, spending his youth relishing in Greek or Roman architecture. He spent a small fortune retrofitting the palace back home, adding in new additions for an international audience, but being sure to keep their unique cultural image engraved into it.

Oriton
Lobbyist

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oriton » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Exterior of the Aeurian Palace

Emperor Asai looked up from his meditation, noticing that their car was nearly at the palace now. He sighed deeply and continued looking out of the window. "Minister Ogura," he started, not shifting his gaze from the growing palace grounds. "I feel that you believe war is not the answer for Oriton. I can see that you disagree with me and I want to know your opinion."

The minister immediately looked up from his folder of information on the nation, looking at the back of the Emperor. "M-m-most honorable Emperor Asai Mito, I would never doubt your wisdom and judgement. You lead our country through-"

Asai turned around to face him, raising a hand and cutting him off. "I did not want your apology. If not war, then what?"

"Trade. If we establish more trade routes with surrounding nations, then we might be able to stave off the dreaded food shortages we speculate on. We could trade with others for medicine, increase our quality of life."

"I do not agree." Asai looked back as the car suddenly stopped, having reached the palace. He gripped the handle of the car door and shook his head. "I do not. Your solutions are not permanent, but merely attempt to appease the issues in vain hope that they would show us mercy. Like a warrior, you must deliver the swiftest blow with absolute certainty, no doubt or weakness. We are more akin to tigers than beggars. If Oriton must enter the world stage with swords drawn, then we shall. This has always been the way of my ancestors and their ancestors. A thousand generations of tigers shall not be culled into a begging cat while I stand Emperor." He calmly looked back and opened the door, giving a smile containing an essence of secret thought towards the minister. "Come now. You are my assistant and I will require you."

Both of the men exited the car and walked up the stairs of the palace, entering inside. Minister Ogura looked to his Emperor, giving a polite bow before speaking. "We have many issues coming up during the course of this summit, most honorable Emperor Asai Mito. I stand ready to assist you as your faithful companion for this journey." The Minister looked up quickly, failing to notice the Mascargoan delegation stopped in front of them. They collided slightly, the Emperor looking embarrassed.

"A thousand pardons, King..." He paused and looked back to his Minister, who quickly chirped in.

"King Stanis IV, of the Andropov House, along with President Boris Yetasky I presume. Both are from Mascargo." Ogura smiled behind his blank face, proud that he recalled diplomatic information that he memorized.

"My apologies Stanis IV of House Andropov. This is a most unfortunate way to meet."

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Alexander strides up the steps confident that the summit will go well. Alexander's translator can cover for any unprepared foreign ministers, knowing over 8 languages. Alexander knew English and Spanish well, having come from an English family in a small, underdeveloped part of Bogota. Any other languages would have to be translated for Alex. He slid his note cards into his pocket and took the opportunity to marvel at the grand Aeurian halls. Their architecture resembled that of Europe, with some odd aboriginal symbolism mixed in. The ballroom was tall and supported by marble pillars. It was airy, lighthearted, and full of delegates. Alexander whistled at the magnitude of the event. Alexander tried to look for the Alcasian, Supinian, Vespuccian, and Ensoleillian representatives specifically. He was more interested in neighbors than obscure nations across the world.

Owner and Founder of the NationStates/Paradox Community (NSPXC) on Steam! Check it out!

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Stanis quickly turned around upon being bumped into by the Emperor and his assistant, giving a kind laugh. "No, no. Really, It's alright. Asai Mito, right... Emperor Asai Mito. Uh, pleasure to meet you. Yes, yes, I am Stanis IV. House Andropov, I'm from Mascargo. Bet you got some sunflower oil in your kitchens back home-we make that. Heard of our soda line, Kar Sodia? Make that too, all the rage in Europe. Even got one named after myself. Sit on back home in my personal study, sipping on an Andropov Crunch. Can't beat it... so sweet."

He turned back and looked at Boris, who had shifted his gaze from the Emperor due to embarrassment. Stanis shook his head and looked back at Asai. "Yes, well." He pointed behind him at the ballroom and arriving guests. "I want to get adjusted. Maybe meet some more individuals. Perhaps we'll talk later." Stanis walked away from the Emperor with Boris, heading further into the ball. Boris leaned over and whispered into his ear.

"Your excellency, perhaps you should... restrain your voice more. At least for the ball. Some of the others here aren't nearly as energetic or gregarious as you."

"Nonsense Boris! I came here to represent Mascargo on the international stage. Putting on some silly robe and acting superior isn't the way for us to get ahead. Do you expect the international community to accept a morose king of few words?"

"Your father was soft spoken..."

"Yes, yes yes. I've heard enough about my family Boris. Let's try to mingle around, perhaps I can use my witty charms and get us some private deals." He chuckled, looking off at the architecture of the ballroom. "Can't ever sell enough soda. Love seeing my face on those cans." Boris sighed, realizing that this was going to be a long two days.

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Mascargo wrote:Stanis quickly turned around upon being bumped into by the Emperor and his assistant, giving a kind laugh. "No, no. Really, It's alright. Asai Mito, right... Emperor Asai Mito. Uh, pleasure to meet you. Yes, yes, I am Stanis IV. House Andropov, I'm from Mascargo. Bet you got some sunflower oil in your kitchens back home-we make that. Heard of our soda line, Kar Sodia? Make that too, all the rage in Europe. Even got one named after myself. Sit on back home in my personal study, sipping on an Andropov Crunch. Can't beat it... so sweet."

He turned back and looked at Boris, who had shifted his gaze from the Emperor due to embarrassment. Stanis shook his head and looked back at Asai. "Yes, well." He pointed behind him at the ballroom and arriving guests. "I want to get adjusted. Maybe meet some more individuals. Perhaps we'll talk later." Stanis walked away from the Emperor with Boris, heading further into the ball. Boris leaned over and whispered into his ear.

"Your excellency, perhaps you should... restrain your voice more. At least for the ball. Some of the others here aren't nearly as energetic or gregarious as you."

"Nonsense Boris! I came here to represent Mascargo on the international stage. Putting on some silly robe and acting superior isn't the way for us to get ahead. Do you expect the international community to accept a morose king of few words?"

"Your father was soft spoken..."

"Yes, yes yes. I've heard enough about my family Boris. Let's try to mingle around, perhaps I can use my witty charms and get us some private deals." He chuckled, looking off at the architecture of the ballroom. "Can't ever sell enough soda. Love seeing my face on those cans." Boris sighed, realizing that this was going to be a long two days.

Sir Charles walked up slowly to Aleksander, His Majesty engaged in a conversation with the King of Lexvictum, an Aeurian Commonwealth state.

"Pardon the intrusion, Your Majesties." he began with a shallow bow before whispering into Aleksander's ear. "Leaders have begun to arrive." he said quickly as he leaned back, taking his place just behind Aleksander. The two Aeurian royals nodded to one another before Aleksander broke away, itching to meet some of the invited delegations. "Do we know where the Mascargoans are? King Stanis seems an interesting fellow."

Sir Charles quickly searched the room, finding the Mascargoans in a few moments. "There, Sir." he said as he pointed.

"Glad to know your eagle eyes aren't weakening, Charlie." Aleksander said with a poke to the ribs before beginning walking over to King Stanis and President Yetasky. He lit another cigarette as he closed the distance, catching the eye of the Mascargoan monarch as he approached.

"Ah, Your Majesty!" began Aleksander with a warm smile as he shook the hand of King Stanis. "I'm glad to see you've made it safe and sound." he said. "And of course, Mr. President, a pleasure to meet you as well." said Aleksander, as he nearly forgot President Yetasky was not merely a puppet of his King.

"I hope the ball is to your liking so far, I'd hate to have unhappy guests!" Aleksander said with a laugh. He leaned closer to King Stanis, saying somewhat quietly, "I've taken the liberty of making available Kar Sodia this evening; I thought you may miss the taste of your homeland." He leaned back and smiled wryly before continuing, "It's also pairs quite nicely with Aeurian gin interestingly enough." he finished before taking a long drag of his cigarette.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Aeuria wrote:Sir Charles walked up slowly to Aleksander, His Majesty engaged in a conversation with the King of Lexvictum, an Aeurian Commonwealth state.

"Pardon the intrusion, Your Majesties." he began with a shallow bow before whispering into Aleksander's ear. "Leaders have begun to arrive." he said quickly as he leaned back, taking his place just behind Aleksander. The two Aeurian royals nodded to one another before Aleksander broke away, itching to meet some of the invited delegations. "Do we know where the Mascargoans are? King Stanis seems an interesting fellow."

Sir Charles quickly searched the room, finding the Mascargoans in a few moments. "There, Sir." he said as he pointed.

"Glad to know your eagle eyes aren't weakening, Charlie." Aleksander said with a poke to the ribs before beginning walking over to King Stanis and President Yetasky. He lit another cigarette as he closed the distance, catching the eye of the Mascargoan monarch as he approached.

"Ah, Your Majesty!" began Aleksander with a warm smile as he shook the hand of King Stanis. "I'm glad to see you've made it safe and sound." he said. "And of course, Mr. President, a pleasure to meet you as well." said Aleksander, as he nearly forgot President Yetasky was not merely a puppet of his King.

"I hope the ball is to your liking so far, I'd hate to have unhappy guests!" Aleksander said with a laugh. He leaned closer to King Stanis, saying somewhat quietly, "I've taken the liberty of making available Kar Sodia this evening; I thought you may miss the taste of your homeland." He leaned back and smiled wryly before continuing, "It's also pairs quite nicely with Aeurian gin interestingly enough." he finished before taking a long drag of his cigarette.

Stanis looked back behind him, giving a sly smirk to Boris. "Did you hear that Boris, Aeurian gin pairs well with our drink!" He said chuckling, turning back to face Aleksander. "Perhaps you might want to join the market one day. Alcoholic soda sounds promising!" He laughed yet again. The smile quickly faded from his face and he coughed to clear his throat. "Ah yes, it is a pleasure to meet you, and please, call me Stanis. This majesty nomenclature was never a favorite of mine. Boris loves it, doesn't he?" Stanis turned around, waving a hand in anticipation towards the old man. "Say 'hi' Boris."

"A pleasure to meet you, your excellency. I hope that this summit works well for you and the other parties." Boris said, attempting to keep the conversation serious and not allow Stanis to embarrass him further.

"Don't be a bore! This is the ball, not the Commune!" He looked back at Aleksander, giving a playful grin. "Dreadful boring things they are."

"Your excellency, you've never attended a single meeting of the Citizen's Commune..."

"Well maybe you should invite me sometime!" He stopped to take another glance around the room. "Might I say that I greatly admire your architecture. It takes a certain exquisite taste to design something as grand as this."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Aeuria wrote:Sir Charles walked up slowly to Aleksander, His Majesty engaged in a conversation with the King of Lexvictum, an Aeurian Commonwealth state.

Stanis looked back behind him, giving a sly smirk to Boris. "Did you hear that Boris, Aeurian gin pairs well with our drink!" He said chuckling, turning back to face Aleksander. "Perhaps you might want to join the market one day. Alcoholic soda sounds promising!" He laughed yet again. The smile quickly faded from his face and he coughed to clear his throat. "Ah yes, it is a pleasure to meet you, and please, call me Stanis. This majesty nomenclature was never a favorite of mine. Boris loves it, doesn't he?" Stanis turned around, waving a hand in anticipation towards the old man. "Say 'hi' Boris."

"A pleasure to meet you, your excellency. I hope that this summit works well for you and the other parties." Boris said, attempting to keep the conversation serious and not allow Stanis to embarrass him further.

"Don't be a bore! This is the ball, not the Commune!" He looked back at Aleksander, giving a playful grin. "Dreadful boring things they are."

"Your excellency, you've never attended a single meeting of the Citizen's Commune..."

"Well maybe you should invite me sometime!" He stopped to take another glance around the room. "Might I say that I greatly admire your architecture. It takes a certain exquisite taste to design something as grand as this."

Aleksander smiled at much of what Stanis had said; he found him to be oddly humorous. He had a certain youthfulness about him, full of energy and excitement, which Aleksander was pleasantly surprised at.

"Ah yes indeed," began the Emperor as he joined King Stanis in looking at the architecture of the grand ballroom. "This hall is nearly 400 years as a matter of fact, and does remain mostly untouched, with the exception of maintenance of course. It used to serve as the throne room when the palace was much smaller. It took nearly 4 years to construct and was commisioned by..." Aleksander paused for a moment, thinking, "Emperor Louis X. He was quite big on pillars as you can see" he finished with a laugh. Realizing he had droned on for a bit, Aleksander stoked the conversation.

"So, how was your arrival? I hope the press didn't bother you gentlemen too much."
Last edited by Aeuria on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libereca
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Libereca » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:39 pm

"Dios mío," gasped the Prime Minister upon entering the Grand Ballroom. "Look at this! The whole of El Estado is nothing like this! I mean, simply look at the arches, the columns!"

"Perhaps it is best that you keep your appreciation of Aeurian architecture to yourself for the time being, Primer Ministro," responded Mateo, who was just behind his overseer. "I understand why you are acting in such a manner, but it is not appropriate for a man in such a position of power. May I suggest instead that we mingle with the other delegates?

Groaning, Alejandro shot an almost playfully vengeful glance at his Minister of State, almost as if to say, 'You win, but I'll do whatever I damn well please when you aren't looking.'

"Fine. Perhaps we should be focusing more on spreading our ideal of 'people before policy' prior to any architectural... what is it that they say up north? Fanboying?" Alejandro sneered.

"Yes, that," Mateo moaned, obviously not interested in prolonging his stately suffering any longer. "Might I suggest that we strike up a conversation with our camarades in Soled, Carthage, Vespucca, or our Spanish-speaking brethren in Supina?"

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Aeuria wrote:Aleksander smiled at much of what Stanis had said; he found him to be oddly humorous. He had a certain youthfulness about him, full of energy and excitement, which Aleksander was pleasantly surprised at.

"Ah yes indeed," began the Emperor as he joined King Stanis in looking at the architecture of the grand ballroom. "This hall is nearly 400 years as a matter of fact, and does remain mostly untouched, with the exception of maintenance of course. It used to serve as the throne room when the palace was much smaller. It took nearly 4 years to construct and was commisioned by..." Aleksander paused for a moment, thinking, "Emperor Louis X. He was quite big on pillars as you can see" he finished with a laugh. Realizing he had droned on for a bit, Aleksander stoked the conversation.

"So, how was your arrival? I hope the press didn't bother you gentlemen too much."

Stanis nodded warmly. "The flight was about as suitable as you would expect, crossing over the middle east and most of the Pacific. I'm just happy to have leg room." He looked back at Boris before adding: "And the company does get boring, files this, reports that!"

"Being prepared for the summit doesn't hurt your excellency."

"Precisely why I practiced in front of the mirror before we left Boris! Oh yes, the press wasn't too bad. No more intruding than at home, I assure you. I suppose we Mascargoans are more," he stopped for emphasis, air quoting as he continued, "Exotic than some of your other pacific guests here." He pointed back in reference to the Oriton Emperor.

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:47 pm

''Fashionable late, am I right, Minister?" President Angela Smith began as she arrives to the ball.

"Definitely, your Excellency!" her Minister chuckles.

As soon as they see the grandeur of the Palace, they are awe struck.

"What... Quelle beauté!" Ms. Smith proclaims, raising her hands to hold her face, "C'est magnifique!"

"I am surprised. I wasn't suspecting this for an Australasian empire. Where do they get the money for all this? All they've here is sand."

"This is the work of monarchy, Minister, remember that, they are always about imperial splendour."

The two walk inside, professional seeming and ensuring they do not evince their state of shock caused by the awe of the palace. Having it Alcasian custom to await others to approach before speaking, they talk to each other about possible terms for the international treaty, sporadically being interrupted by Aeurian nobility.

Last edited by Alcase on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Ensoleilletat
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ensoleilletat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:52 pm

King Louis, along with his son Crown Prince Jean-Luc entered the ballroom. Accompanied by a translator, an aide, and a detail of Royal Guard, the Ensoleilletatan monarch looked up, the night sky catching his eye almost immediately. The impressive view was a delightful background to the grand ball that lay below it.

Louis, walking with his son, who was admiring all the sights of the ball with wide eyes, greeted several Aeurian nobles before making his way to a more central position, where he could wait for other leaders and ambassadors to come to him. His young son, however, was not content to sit around. The Crown Prince, along with a pair of Royal Guardsmen, instead decided to roam the ballroom, at the whim of the young royal.

Jean-Luc walked, his gaze set on a large pillar, around in the small crowds that were forming. His fascination was suddenly interrupted by the back of an unseen dignitary. The Crown Prince stumbled, knocking President Alexander Boyei of the GWR forward a few inches.

"Je suis vraiment désolé, Monsieur!" exclaimed the young prince, apologizing to the President.

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Ensoleilletat wrote:King Louis, along with his son Crown Prince Jean-Luc entered the ballroom. Accompanied by a translator, an aide, and a detail of Royal Guard, the Ensoleilletatan monarch looked up, the night sky catching his eye almost immediately. The impressive view was a delightful background to the grand ball that lay below it.

Louis, walking with his son, who was admiring all the sights of the ball with wide eyes, greeted several Aeurian nobles before making his way to a more central position, where he could wait for other leaders and ambassadors to come to him. His young son, however, was not content to sit around. The Crown Prince, along with a pair of Royal Guardsmen, instead decided to roam the ballroom, at the whim of the young royal.

Jean-Luc walked, his gaze set on a large pillar, around in the small crowds that were forming. His fascination was suddenly interrupted by the back of an unseen dignitary. The Crown Prince stumbled, knocking President Alexander Boyei of the GWR forward a few inches.

"Je suis vraiment désolé, Monsieur!" exclaimed the young prince, apologizing to the President.

"Je vais bien, merci," Alexander smiled. "I'm getting to easier to miss every day as I shrink. This is a lovely coincidence, I've been interested in talking to you."

Alexander waves to the center of the ballroom.

"It's nice, huh? The host made it clear he wants us to be comfortable." Alexander puts a friendly hand on Louis's shoulder. That was something he learned from his friends, to comfort them. "I've heard much about you and your wonderful country. One of the world's fastest developing, I hear. Every year more and more of your citizens are moved out of poverty. But I say, not enough!" Alexander locks with Louis's eyes. "You and I- together, could create the largest economic partnership agreement on the Earth." He hoped he had caught the attention of the leader, for he continued, "You and I wouldn't be it though. I have interests in all of the Atlantic sea, from Alcase to Vespucca. It's something we'll have to talk about."

Owner and Founder of the NationStates/Paradox Community (NSPXC) on Steam! Check it out!

Ensoleilletat
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ensoleilletat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:24 pm

The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:
Ensoleilletat wrote:snip

"Je vais bien, merci," Alexander smiled. "I'm getting to easier to miss every day as I shrink. This is a lovely coincidence, I've been interested in talking to you."

Alexander waves to the center of the ballroom.

"It's nice, huh? The host made it clear he wants us to be comfortable." Alexander puts a friendly hand on Louis's shoulder. That was something he learned from his friends, to comfort them. "I've heard much about you and your wonderful country. One of the world's fastest developing, I hear. Every year more and more of your citizens are moved out of poverty. But I say, not enough!" Alexander locks with Louis's eyes. "You and I- together, could create the largest economic partnership agreement on the Earth." He hoped he had caught the attention of the leader, for he continued, "You and I wouldn't be it though. I have interests in all of the Atlantic sea, from Alcase to Vespucca. It's something we'll have to talk about."

Louis winced lightly, almost not at all, when Alexander put his hand on his shoulder. He was quite unused to having people unexpectedly make physical contact with him. Despite this, he did his best to smile at the president while he spoke. His boldness and proposition of an economic partnership surprised Louis, dragging him momentarily out of the joy of the ball and into serious geopolitics.

"Well, that's certainly an interesting proposition!" laughed the king as he stepped back slightly, Alexander's arm falling from his shoulder as he moved. "We will indeed have to discuss it further at the summit." he paused, glancing at his son momentarily. "I do apologize for my son's walking into you." Louis said pensively. "It seems we'll have to send him back to walking school." he joked with a smile as he locked eyes with Alexander.

Friedeck
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Friedeck » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:14 pm

Natalya Volz entered the ballroom and was greeted by an Aeurian nobleman. He did not know who she was, but seemed very gracious, complimenting her on her command of the English tongue, which she had learned at university. Following this brief exchange by the door, Natalya proceeded further into the spacious, columned ballroom, choosing to stand near the wall momentarily and observe the assembling group.

Thank God the Pakxe Pact didn't decide to come, she thought to herself. That pariah of a state mercifully did not have much of a desire to talk sweetly to the world at such a summit.

Seeing Emperor Aleksander engaged in conversation, she decided to begin moving closer, so as to be able to catch him after he was finished with the representatives from Mascargo.

Oriton
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Oriton » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Friedeck wrote:Natalya Volz entered the ballroom and was greeted by an Aeurian nobleman. He did not know who she was, but seemed very gracious, complimenting her on her command of the English tongue, which she had learned at university. Following this brief exchange by the door, Natalya proceeded further into the spacious, columned ballroom, choosing to stand near the wall momentarily and observe the assembling group.

Thank God the Pakxe Pact didn't decide to come, she thought to herself. That pariah of a state mercifully did not have much of a desire to talk sweetly to the world at such a summit.

Seeing Emperor Aleksander engaged in conversation, she decided to begin moving closer, so as to be able to catch him after he was finished with the representatives from Mascargo.

Emperor Asai Mito stood quietly in the corner of the ballroom, discussing diplomacy with his minister. He grew restless of the boring conversation, deciding that perhaps he would introduce himself to some of the European nations, being that they were not well versed with each other. He scanned slowly around the room, his old eagle eyes falling on Natalya. He looked back to his minister and ignored his rambling argument.

"Minister Ogura. I intend to speak with some of the others here. Make yourself comfortable, and don't get lost. We'll need to go over those reports later." He walked away suddenly from the minister, his arms folded in the sleeves of his ornate kimono. He walked steadily across the ball and stopped in front of her, giving a gentle and swift bow.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my fair lady. I have not the luxury of knowing you, but it is customary among my people to bridge a gap regardless of distance. I am Asai Mito, Emperor of Oriton."

Ghera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghera » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Aeurian Palace

Thuric Frier sighed heavily as he climbed out of the car, cursing loudly to himself. He had learned last minute that the Lead Chairman wanted a representative to visit the Summit, along with a grocery list of demands and requests. Even more frustrating was that his plane suffered an engine malfunction, causing him to be late and miss settling into his suite. Being Adviser of Foreign Affairs did have it's advantages for Thuric. He always enjoyed the high stress environment, the yelling and threatening. It caused his blood to boil, something he enjoyed greatly. He waved off to the driver of the car, not bothering to turn around as he walked up the stairs and entered into the ballroom.

Thuric was a brute of a man, standing six feet and seven inches tall and easily towered above most of the others. He looked more a soldier than a diplomat. He folded his arms and leaned against the far wall, taking a deep and crumpled sigh. He cared little for the cultural intricacies of others, and balls were not his forte.

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Aeuria wrote:snip"

Stanis nodded warmly. "The flight was about as suitable as you would expect, crossing over the middle east and most of the Pacific. I'm just happy to have leg room." He looked back at Boris before adding: "And the company does get boring, files this, reports that!"

"Precisely why I practiced in front of the mirror before we left Boris! Oh yes, the press wasn't too bad. No more intruding than at home, I assure you. I suppose we Mascargoans are more," he stopped for emphasis, air quoting as he continued, "Exotic than some of your other pacific guests here." He pointed back in reference to the Oriton Emperor.

"Ah," Aleksander began as he stole a glace at the Oriton Emperor before returning his gaze to Stanis. "Well, we here in the Empire don't see many Europeans." He leaded in closer to speak privately to the King, "I'm sure you've noticed by now, we are quite s-" Aleksander stopped himself, nearly expressing superiority - not exactly a diplomatic trait. He coughed, pretending to clear his throat before continuing. "Pardon me, quite culturally different from our neighbors. Honestly, the parallels between Aeuria and much of Europe astonish me; on the other side of the world yet operating in very similar ways. But anyhow, you'll have to excuse me, I must go play host. I hope we may continue this conversation later, enjoy yourself Stanis." Aleksander said with a smile and another handshake, "Mr. President." he said as he nodded at the Mascargoan president before walking away.

As the Emperor began walking, after being hailed by a few nearby nobles, he found Sir Charles appeared out of nowhere by his side. "Your Majesty, I believe Foreign Minister Volz, of Frideck, would like to speak with you. When you're both free?"

"Yes, yes, Charlie. That's fine. When we're free." waved Aleksander, not paying too much attention, as his eyes were fixed on President Smith of Alcase as he dodged a waiter, carrying a large tray of alcohol, as he made his way across the expansive room. As the Emperor made his way over, the Alcasian delegation seemed to notice as they turned towards the Aleksander. As Aleksander began to smile, a flash of gold entered his vision.

His son, Prince Florian IX, Grand-Admiral of the Imperial Navy had emerged from a group of Aeurians, directly in front of his father. The light of the room shone brightly off of his thin but elegant diadem, blinding Aleksander, if only for a moment. "Merde." he muttered under his breath before stopping, his son blocking his way. "Yes, Florian?" asked the Emperor.

"I would like to accompany you, father. I am very much interested in meeting the Alcasians." replied the prince, his gilded military uniform rivaling that of his father.

Aleksander sighed, "Fine, just allow me to do the speaking. And for Divines' sake, don't bring up the Navy. What makes you think people will be interested is beyond me."

Prince Florian simply nodded as he followed his father to the Alcasians, sneakily stealing a look at their President.

"Madame President," began Aleksander as he strode up to President Smith. "It is an honor to have such members of such a noble nation within our halls. May I introduce my eldest," he said, extending his arm: a signal to Florian to step up. "Prince Florian, Grand-Admiral of the Imperial Navy."

During this short introduction, Prince Florian could not keep his eyes off of President Smith; her beauty and grace mesmerizing him. Something he hoped she had noticed. "Bonsoir Madame Président; c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer." he said in French as he bowed deeply in Aeurian fashion; almost a male curtsy, arms extended outwards and one leg crossed behind the other. As he rose from his bow, he locked eyes with the relatively young, beautiful president.

Aleksander required all of his restraint to keep from smacking his son, whose purpose for joining him greet the Alcasians was now apparent. Aleksander instead decided to light a cigarette during his son's greeting, something he hoped the Alcasians wouldn't mind.

Friedeck
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Friedeck » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 am

Oriton wrote:Emperor Asai Mito stood quietly in the corner of the ballroom, discussing diplomacy with his minister. He grew restless of the boring conversation, deciding that perhaps he would introduce himself to some of the European nations, being that they were not well versed with each other. He scanned slowly around the room, his old eagle eyes falling on Natalya. He looked back to his minister and ignored his rambling argument.

"Minister Ogura. I intend to speak with some of the others here. Make yourself comfortable, and don't get lost. We'll need to go over those reports later." He walked away suddenly from the minister, his arms folded in the sleeves of his ornate kimono. He walked steadily across the ball and stopped in front of her, giving a gentle and swift bow.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my fair lady. I have not the luxury of knowing you, but it is customary among my people to bridge a gap regardless of distance. I am Asai Mito, Emperor of Oriton."

"Good evening, Your Imperial Majesty." Natalya respectfully returned the traditional Eastern bow. "My name is Natalya Volz. I am the Foreign Minister of the Republic of Friedeck."

She stood up straight and gave the ruler a warm diplomatic smile. "It is a pleasure to meet with you and to extend the greetings of President Betcher to you and your people. I hope to do good things for the world at this summit, and hope to see you join us in supporting international peace and goodwill."

Natalya knew that Oriton's government was fairly traditionalist, but believed that they could support Friedeck's goal in Praevalidus: creating a global system that could help guarantee human rights and obedience to international law.

Oriton
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Oriton » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 am

Friedeck wrote:
"Good evening, Your Imperial Majesty." Natalya respectfully returned the traditional Eastern bow. "My name is Natalya Volz. I am the Foreign Minister of the Republic of Friedeck."

She stood up straight and gave the ruler a warm diplomatic smile. "It is a pleasure to meet with you and to extend the greetings of President Betcher to you and your people. I hope to do good things for the world at this summit, and hope to see you join us in supporting international peace and goodwill."

Natalya knew that Oriton's government was fairly traditionalist, but believed that they could support Friedeck's goal in Praevalidus: creating a global system that could help guarantee human rights and obedience to international law.

The Emperor nodded stoically, taking a breath. "Yes, this summit does have the capabilities to do great things. An international order of law is a fanciful idea, one that is not entirely unbelievable. I will assure you, however, as I imagine it is the same for you, that my interests here align with my country. I won't take any compromises when we're discussing the state of Oriton that I do not deem justified and fair."

He gave a restrained smile, showing his civility. "But let us not dwell on intricate matters. This ball is a time of peace and discussions." Asai did not hope to come off as rude or removed as he finished his sentence. He knew that other nations had wishes for the summit, but international peace wasn't something Oriton could be entirely invested in-his Oriton at least, he cared little for the ramblings of his minister, who would have the nation grow dependent on foreign exports.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:29 am

Stanis watched as Aleksander left, taking a deep breath and clearing his voice again. "Well," he said, looking at Boris. "That man is an intense fellow. What do they say, a multi-faced coin?"

"I believe the expression is two-faced, your excellency."

"No! That's offensive. Two-faced is a bad thing. He's a master of it!" Stanis laughed and turned from Boris, the joyful experience he was having immediately fading away as he laid eyes on the Gheran diplomat, Thuric Frier. Great, he thought, somebody went out of their way to invite the barbarians. He sighed, rubbing his temple and looked back to Boris again. He was satisfied that Boris was gazing off at the Oriton Emperor instead of looking in his direction. "Boris," he said with a sly smile, quickly formulating a plan. "Can you get me a drink from one of the waiters here?"

"Of course your excellency. Champagne?"

"Sure, sure sure." He responded distantly, impatiently waiting until Boris scrambled off after a server. He looked back at the Gheran diplomat-brute, he should say. He chuckled and walked over to Thuric, exaggerating his wave.

"Greetings, you're the *diplomat* from Ghera, correct?"

Ghera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghera » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

Mascargo wrote:Stanis watched as Aleksander left, taking a deep breath and clearing his voice again. "Well," he said, looking at Boris. "That man is an intense fellow. What do they say, a multi-faced coin?"

"I believe the expression is two-faced, your excellency."

"No! That's offensive. Two-faced is a bad thing. He's a master of it!" Stanis laughed and turned from Boris, the joyful experience he was having immediately fading away as he laid eyes on the Gheran diplomat, Thuric Frier. Great, he thought, somebody went out of their way to invite the barbarians. He sighed, rubbing his temple and looked back to Boris again. He was satisfied that Boris was gazing off at the Oriton Emperor instead of looking in his direction. "Boris," he said with a sly smile, quickly formulating a plan. "Can you get me a drink from one of the waiters here?"

"Of course your excellency. Champagne?"

"Sure, sure sure." He responded distantly, impatiently waiting until Boris scrambled off after a server. He looked back at the Gheran diplomat-brute, he should say. He chuckled and walked over to Thuric, exaggerating his wave.

"Greetings, you're the *diplomat* from Ghera, correct?"

Thuric was leaning against the far wall, reflecting on all the demands Vieman gave him. He shifted and looked over, seeing Stanis walking towards him. He murmured under his breath and turned to face him, watching as Stanis gave his goofy wave. He folded his arms as he talked, standing impatiently with little interest in what Stanis had to say.

"What do you want Stanis? I didn't come here to speak with you, or any of you pompous nobles until the summit." He glared at him before adding, "And you have little that interests me."

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Ghera wrote:Thuric was leaning against the far wall, reflecting on all the demands Vieman gave him. He shifted and looked over, seeing Stanis walking towards him. He murmured under his breath and turned to face him, watching as Stanis gave his goofy wave. He folded his arms as he talked, standing impatiently with little interest in what Stanis had to say.

"What do you want Stanis? I didn't come here to speak with you, or any of you pompous nobles until the summit." He glared at him before adding, "And you have little that interests me."

"No need to be so hostile friend," Stanis said mockingly. Ghera and Mascargo were not friends. Historically, they had been rivals. Ghera, a raiding and pillaging nation in the Mediterranean, and Mascargo, a trade-based nation operating in the Mediterranean. They didn't mix. "Can't we just work out our differences? Barbarians and sophisticated men? Savages and cultured? Pagans and Christians?" He laughed again, clearly trying to upset the Gheran diplomat.

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Aeuria wrote:
Mascargo wrote:Stanis nodded warmly. "The flight was about as suitable as you would expect, crossing over the middle east and most of the Pacific. I'm just happy to have leg room." He looked back at Boris before adding: "And the company does get boring, files this, reports that!"

"Ah," Aleksander began as he stole a glace at the Oriton Emperor before returning his gaze to Stanis. "Well, we here in the Empire don't see many Europeans." He leaded in closer to speak privately to the King, "I'm sure you've noticed by now, we are quite s-" Aleksander stopped himself, nearly expressing superiority - not exactly a diplomatic trait. He coughed, pretending to clear his throat before continuing. "Pardon me, quite culturally different from our neighbors. Honestly, the parallels between Aeuria and much of Europe astonish me; on the other side of the world yet operating in very similar ways. But anyhow, you'll have to excuse me, I must go play host. I hope we may continue this conversation later, enjoy yourself Stanis." Aleksander said with a smile and another handshake, "Mr. President." he said as he nodded at the Mascargoan president before walking away.

As the Emperor began walking, after being hailed by a few nearby nobles, he found Sir Charles appeared out of nowhere by his side. "Your Majesty, I believe Foreign Minister Volz, of Frideck, would like to speak with you. When you're both free?"

"Yes, yes, Charlie. That's fine. When we're free." waved Aleksander, not paying too much attention, as his eyes were fixed on President Smith of Alcase as he dodged a waiter, carrying a large tray of alcohol, as he made his way across the expansive room. As the Emperor made his way over, the Alcasian delegation seemed to notice as they turned towards the Aleksander. As Aleksander began to smile, a flash of gold entered his vision.

His son, Prince Florian IX, Grand-Admiral of the Imperial Navy had emerged from a group of Aeurians, directly in front of his father. The light of the room shone brightly off of his thin but elegant diadem, blinding Aleksander, if only for a moment. "Merde." he muttered under his breath before stopping, his son blocking his way. "Yes, Florian?" asked the Emperor.

"I would like to accompany you, father. I am very much interested in meeting the Alcasians." replied the prince, his gilded military uniform rivaling that of his father.

Aleksander sighed, "Fine, just allow me to do the speaking. And for Divines' sake, don't bring up the Navy. What makes you think people will be interested is beyond me."

Prince Florian simply nodded as he followed his father to the Alcasians, sneakily stealing a look at their President.

"Madame President," began Aleksander as he strode up to President Smith. "It is an honor to have such members of such a noble nation within our halls. May I introduce my eldest," he said, extending his arm: a signal to Florian to step up. "Prince Florian, Grand-Admiral of the Imperial Navy."

During this short introduction, Prince Florian could not keep his eyes off of President Smith; her beauty and grace mesmerizing him. Something he hoped she had noticed. "Bonsoir Madame Président; c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer." he said in French as he bowed deeply in Aeurian fashion; almost a male curtsy, arms extended outwards and one leg crossed behind the other. As he rose from his bow, he locked eyes with the relatively young, beautiful president.

Aleksander required all of his restraint to keep from smacking his son, whose purpose for joining him greet the Alcasians was now apparent. Aleksander instead decided to light a cigarette during his son's greeting, something he hoped the Alcasians wouldn't mind.

The President of Alcase, her Excellency, Angela Smith was astonished. This man of high power, whose prowess at home (and possibly abroad) as earned him a place in nobility. This Prince, whom also held the title of great Admiral upon the seas, was obvious a prestigious and impressive man. Yet, as grand as he was, he chose the young President of Alcase, to court with. Although she was disturbed by the smoke of the tobacco, which was considered a disgusting, poor-man's regressive drug in her homeland, the presence of an attractive imperial Prince pushed aside the bother.

"Bonsoir, Monsieur Florian, Prince et Grand Amiral!" Angela replied, emulating her admirer by bowing almost awkwardly as she was still shocked to receive such treatment by a nobleman; nonetheless a Prince of an Empire, "Vous pouvez m'appeller Mademoiselle; je n'ai pas mariée."

"Bonsoir, votre grand majesté," Smith proclaimed as she turned to the Emperor and held out her hand to shake, impressed that he was able to churn out such an handsome son. The young Head of State was flattered beyond belief, noticing very well that the Prince gave her his undivided attention. Now ever so attracted to the young prince, Smith's eyes locked with him, if almost forever. Her company, however, was very disturbed by this encounter.

"Votre majesté!" the Minister exclaimed, interrupting the eye contact the Prince and the President had established, "c'est merveilleux de vous rencontrer!" the Minister continued as he held out his hand to shake. "Excellency, please." he whispered as he turned to the President, a little envious himself that the President had shifted her attention to an entirely new man.

"Ah, oui... bien.. uhm... comment allez-vous profiter de cette belle soirée?" Smith began, a little anxious sounding.
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions