NATION

PASSWORD

CAS Nuclear Summit RP (Closed: CAS Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:28 am

Moorwhyne wrote:
Tarazed wrote:"Philip, the same is true with any other source of power generation. Please don't hold this summit back because of your flawed reasoning," Damion retorted as he scratched his forehead, he looked over as Kayushik spoke, "I agree."
Damion flicked over his notes briefly before he activated the touch-sensitive table, its screen lighting up a dark blue before displaying the flags of each nation in front of their respective leader.
"Okay, we shall begin the talks now. Please use the touch pad to exchange notes and thoughts on the topic. To do so, merely swipe the desired piece of information and push it towards the leader you intend to sent it to."
After a brief pause and a quick demonstration - during which he sent an empty text file to the Scotatrovian president, he continued.
"Anyway. Thank you all for attending, I'm sure that many of you had to traverse great distances to make it here and for that I, and the world, are grateful. As an aim of this talk I would prefer for us to reach the goal of total disarmament by the late 2020s - though this date is not very far away, I believe that it is achievable. Nuclear weapons are the worst weapons our species has ever developed; they are indiscriminate, they are merciless, they are extremely damaging to the environment and above all: They have become useless thanks to the principle of MAD. I believe that it should be our duties as leaders of nations which possess nuclear weapons to set a target to rid our planet of these weapons quickly, safely and efficiently."

To this Aleph turns.

"If I may, Nuclear weapons are also the only thing that has stopped world war three from happening...
No civilized nations in the modern time can declare war on each other if they are both armed with nuclear weapons. This is because of the simple fact that anyone who uses nukes against a nation with nukes also gets nukes launched at them. Mutually assured destruction." Mr. Brunhile stands up.

"The repercussions of disarming all of the worlds nuclear weapons would allow for the same conditions that fostered the world wars into fruition.

As ironic as it may sound, the only reason the world hasn't had another world war already is because of the most destructive thing on the planet."

"I actually agree with Aleph. I don't think that after all the hard work in manufacturing and producing these weapons I can just disarm them."
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:28 am

Tarazed wrote:"I think human civilisation has matured since the 50s. War should no longer be required to drive international cooperation, don't you agree?" Damion replied calmly as he adjusted his tie. After all, something will always take the place of nuclear war driven MAD...

"In my time of studying humanity Mr. White, I have come to find out that just when men think they are the most civilized, they end up either knocking themselves out of that spot, or they get destroyed.

I would like that to not happen with our time."
There may be few uses for people who can't embrace reality, but there is no use for the broken who can't escape it -Khaner Annan

Most things are ok within moderation.

Tarazed
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:29 am

Damion took a deep breath, "I'm sure that other delegations here would not look kindly upon such an action Equalsun. And anyway," he looked Equalsun directly in the eyes, "I'm more than sure you didn't come all this way just to back down. That'd be very unbecoming of someone in your position..."
DEFCON 1 - Maximum readiness
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
>DEFCON 4< - Above normal readiness
DEFCON 5 - Lowest state of readiness/Normal readiness

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:31 am

"I agree entirely," Damion said in response to the Moorwhyneian comment, "Which is why instead of trying to force things through the lens of war. A move like this should encourage international cooperation and understanding such to avoid a terrible war in the future future..."
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes

Righteous Swords
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Righteous Swords » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:32 am

"You make an extremely good argument, Mr. Brunhile. I do not, however, agree that war cannot be prevented if nuclear arsenals do not exist any longer. As long as there is acknowledgement of the horrors of warfare, there will always be a cry for peace. I am sure that no-one here disputes that warfare is terrible in nature, and as such there is the possibility for peace as long as all nations are willing to discuss instead of murder." Kayushik turned to the Scotatrovan president. "Surely our great friends in Scotatrova see that such weapons are not worth making? You are all smart men, who command nations with great scientific communities. I'm sure you could fine a way to do away with your nuclear arsenals without putting your investments to waste."

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:34 am

Tarazed wrote:Damion took a deep breath, "I'm sure that other delegations here would not look kindly upon such an action Equalsun. And anyway," he looked Equalsun directly in the eyes, "I'm more than sure you didn't come all this way just to back down. That'd be very unbecoming of someone in your position..."

"It's also very bothering for someone of my position to waste their very, very valuable time squabbling with second-rate nations," Equalsun pointedly replied, leaning forward and placing an elbow on the table, "I have yet to hear a response to my question. Now, start talking before I start packing."
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:35 am

Righteous Swords wrote:"You make an extremely good argument, Mr. Brunhile. I do not, however, agree that war cannot be prevented if nuclear arsenals do not exist any longer. As long as there is acknowledgement of the horrors of warfare, there will always be a cry for peace. I am sure that no-one here disputes that warfare is terrible in nature, and as such there is the possibility for peace as long as all nations are willing to discuss instead of murder." Kayushik turned to the Scotatrovan president. "Surely our great friends in Scotatrova see that such weapons are not worth making? You are all smart men, who command nations with great scientific communities. I'm sure you could fine a way to do away with your nuclear arsenals without putting your investments to waste."

"Probably, you make a good point."
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Bazio
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bazio » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:36 am

Phillip decides to enter the discussion

- But what planet are we? after all ?, we are on a planet where a race kills for money and goods earthlings, I believe if a nation does not want to get rid of your 'bad' (referring nuclear weapons) is then not because of the representative be here at this meeting, and Mr. Brunhile, believe you has interpreted me bad, nay, not has interpreted me, I meant that, nuclear weapons have always been the first epicenter for the wars, they know it has nuclear weapons think, ''I am more powerful than you, then give me here all his gold ''. Phillip says the last sentence as if imitating the accent of Equalsunlians,tearing laughter of some leaders present.

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:37 am

Damion returned his eyes to Equalsun, ignoring the comment, "Go right ahead. The door's there, I'm not stopping you. I hope you're prepared for the political backlash though."

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:39 am

Damion turned to Philip with a horrified look on his face, Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:42 am

Bazio wrote:Phillip decides to enter the discussion

- But what planet are we? after all ?, we are on a planet where a race kills for money and goods earthlings, I believe if a nation does not want to get rid of your 'bad' (referring nuclear weapons) is then not because of the representative be here at this meeting, and Mr. Brunhile, believe you has interpreted me bad, nay, not has interpreted me, I meant that, nuclear weapons have always been the first epicenter for the wars, they know it has nuclear weapons think, ''I am more powerful than you, then give me here all his gold ''. Phillip says the last sentence as if imitating the accent of Equalsunlians,tearing laughter of some leaders present.

Mr. Brunhile frowns and looks at Mr. Phillip.

"Well Perhaps you would have liked to see what the cold war looked like if none of us had nukes?" Mr. Brunhile paces around his seat

"Perhaps you would have liked to see what the world would look like now if full scale war had occurred. Perhaps if you could pull out of your fervor for one second and see my meaning, you would understand that Nuclear weapons are the only ... And I mean only reason that we have yet to try and blow each other apart.

Even with nukes it comes close to happening everyday." Mr. Brunhile then stares down Leonardo.
There may be few uses for people who can't embrace reality, but there is no use for the broken who can't escape it -Khaner Annan

Righteous Swords
Diplomat

Postby Righteous Swords » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:44 am

Kayushik barely manages to hid her distaste at the petty imitation of the Equalson accent.

"Mr. Cramoni, could we please keep such offensive actions out of the diplomatic setting?"

In addition, nuclear weapons have only recently become the so-called epicentre for wars, and even in the atomic age wars are still mainly fought for the same reasons they were centuries ago."
Last edited by Righteous Swords on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:46 am

Equalsun turned towards the Bazionians, fire in his eyes. "Philip... Would you like to repeat that statement? Choose your words carefully."

Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:54 am

"May we please get this over with....

Preferably without killing each other in the process." eyes Equalsun and Bazio.

Bazio
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bazio » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:55 am

Equalsun Empire wrote:

Equalsun turned towards the Bazionians, fire in his eyes. "Philip... Would you like to repeat that statement? Choose your words carefully."

Phillip Cramoni looks at his secretary and speaks in bazian

- Ju'ō, ā 'sāmrājyavādī'ōnā' Gambhira, ā gayuṁ pahēlēthī have ēlā'īḍa sṭēṭsa Opha kōnphēḍarēśana Sathe vāhiyāta māṅgatā, kharāba dēśamāṁ Dori, asvastha Hata.

He looks at the leader of Equalsun Empire and try to calm the waters.

- I do not imitated the accent of the 'EE', imitated the accent of Imperialist Hailenda of a region of bazio
Last edited by Bazio on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Equalsun sighed, grabbing his hat as he stood. Taking off the headset, he replaced it with the uniform's cap while pushing his chair in. "As you wish, Scotatrova and Tarazed. This is simply not my type of Summit; it's simply too high-energy and conflicting. I wish you all the best of luck with your nuclear disarmament plans. Good day." With that Equalsun and Veris turned, marching out of the room. Traversing through the winding tunnels they finally emerged back into the light of day.

Equalsun drew his coat around himself, shivering slightly; it had gotten cold. "Veris, start the fighter and prepare for takeoff. We're getting out of this country." Grabbing the garment bag and returning to the changing room, he exchanged the ceremonial outfit for the tactical garb of a fighter pilot. Thus prepared he walked back out to his waiting plane, climbing into the cockpit and buckling us in. "Take us away," He shouted to Veris. With a roar the Emperor sped away, back towards the Empire. The Equalsun Empire would not take part in the Summit.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Damion chuckled, You've gotta love it when people have their heads shoved so far up their own asses that they think they're too important for a nuclear summit.

"If anyone feels just as self-important you may also leave. To stay would be wasting the time of those who actually wish to conduct these talks..." Damion said, looking unphased by Equalsun's departure, "The door's there. i can assure you though. To do so would be political suicide."
Last edited by Tarazed on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bazio
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bazio » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:47 pm

The president of Bazio took the opportunity to say more with the departure Equalsun Empire.

- It is good to have people with 'health' here, the insane can cause disorders.
Last edited by Bazio on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Vladimir had stayed silent for some time, only smirking at Phillip's accusation against his nation, funny how the self-righteous dictators of the world could so easily be made to make fatal political mistakes. However with the leaving of the Emperor Vladimir found himself hiding a chuckle as things went his way.

Spotting his moment to speak Vladimir began "My fellow delegates it has come to my attention that there is some clarification that is needed. The Confederacy of Independent States of Tula holds the largest stockpile of nuclear warheads on the planet, we have over 2,000 active warheads at the ready on over 200 rockets and another 8,000 warheads held in secure storage facilities across the nation to be used in the case of prolonged nuclear warfare. However I am happy to announce that by the end of this year 2,000 warheads will be deactivated permanently and disassembled. The question you may be wondering right now is, 'why would we do this' the answer is this...the father of all bombs."

Just then Vladimir sent data packets to all remaining delegations, the data contained two feeds of video watching what looked like an armor battalion, one feed from the air and the other far away on the ground. If watched the delegates would see an object fly towards the armor battalion before exploding in the air near the center, a massive fireball enveloped both feeds.

Letting the feed sink in Vladimir continued "The FOAB as it is unofficially called is a thermobaric weapon which has the same effective nature as a low-yield nuclear warhead. What you just watched was a test done on a dumby armor battalion in Siberia. Because of it's effective nature and the lack of harmful side effects the Confederacy is replacing all low-yield nuclear warheads with this weapon, with hopes that the project will be finished by the end of this year. The point of me showing you this is simple, no matter what happens to nuclear warheads man will always create weapons to replace them. Because of that and the fact that many tasteless refimes will refuse to disarm I propose that rather than completely disarm and leave ourselves defenseless against these regimes we should instead create a new treaty regulating the use of nuclear weaponry in warfare to military targets alone so as to spare civilians from the horrors of nuclear warfare as best we can."

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Tarazed wrote:Damion chuckled, You've gotta love it when people have their heads shoved so far up their own asses that they think they're too important for a nuclear summit.

"If anyone feels just as self-important you may also leave. To stay would be wasting the time of those who actually wish to conduct these talks..." Damion said, looking unphased by Equalsun's departure, "The door's there. i can assure you though. To do so would be political suicide."

i did want to say have something to say, and sorry for my silence so far. the problem with nuclear disarmament is that even if you could get your nationfo agree to destroy your nukes, other nations may not be so cooperatioal. the purpose of nukes is to protect from nuclear attack, and its hard to get everyone to agree to disarm. Leo then touched and typed a few things on his touchpad while saying this.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:49 pm

New Gothica wrote:"Gunship inbound, repeat tower, gunship inbound."
A military grade gunship roared over the summit accompanied by two smaller interception helicopters. It bore the marks of the Gothic Air Force. As the main gunship approached and landed a communicate over the radio fired up. "This is Ravenna 17, Counsel on board."
When it landed a side door dropped down and out stepped the Counsel with four MP's at his back he approached the exit to the landing pad and waited for proper escort.

OOC: Sorry I didn't see your post.

MPs quickly moved to escort the New Gothican representative to the summit. However because the gunship had landed on the roof of the complex. It took them a good twenty minutes to hurriedly escort the Counsel to the summit.
"They're just through that door," The lead MP pointed out as they arrived, "The Director has been informed as to why you are slightly late, there is no reason to explain it to him when you enter."
Last edited by Tarazed on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:18 pm

"I am aware of all arguments against nuclear disarmament," White acknowledged as he held up his hands, trying to reign in and extinguish the feeling of hostility between several of the delegates, "But that is not why we are here. We are here to negotiate the scaling back of our nuclear stockpiles. I am hoping to reach a number of warheads which is both manageable and realistic within a set time frame, preferably this number of warheads is the result of a sizeable reduction in our nuclear arsenals."
White paused to collect his breath, he began relaying numbers to the delegates who were sitting at the table, "Now. While I'd love to see complete disarmament. I'm skeptical that I'll get that. What I would like to see however is a 20% reduction before the end of the year, and a further 40% reduction by the end of the subsequent year...this is hardly an impossible task. I would also like to add here, I don't care what you do with the uranium, hydrogen, plutonium, etcetera. Hell put it towards a new generation of power plants for all I care. So long as it isn't weaponised then I'm happy...any questions?"

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Tarazed wrote:"I am aware of all arguments against nuclear disarmament," White acknowledged as he held up his hands, trying to reign in and extinguish the feeling of hostility between several of the delegates, "But that is not why we are here. We are here to negotiate the scaling back of our nuclear stockpiles. I am hoping to reach a number of warheads which is both manageable and realistic within a set time frame, preferably this number of warheads is the result of a sizeable reduction in our nuclear arsenals."
White paused to collect his breath, he began relaying numbers to the delegates who were sitting at the table, "Now. While I'd love to see complete disarmament. I'm skeptical that I'll get that. What I would like to see however is a 20% reduction before the end of the year, and a further 40% reduction by the end of the subsequent year...this is hardly an impossible task. I would also like to add here, I don't care what you do with the uranium, hydrogen, plutonium, etcetera. Hell put it towards a new generation of power plants for all I care. So long as it isn't weaponised then I'm happy...any questions?"

Leo stopped making notes on his touchpad the CIS would more than willing to scale it back 60%, but only if other nations are willing to cooperate. im sure they will though.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Righteous Swords
Diplomat

Postby Righteous Swords » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:17 pm

"Hm... I completely support Damion's suggestion."

Kayushik then turned to speak to Vladimir Tula. "I did want to talk about your proposal a bit. Thermobaric weaponry is far less destructive and harmful in the long term than nukes. Along with the 60% disarmament, that could be very good for allowing for a better safety for the populace if the remaining nukes were only used on military targets and less use of low-yield so-called "tactical nuclear" munitions that would cause radioactivity."

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Righteous Swords wrote:"Hm... I completely support Damion's suggestion."

Kayushik then turned to speak to Vladimir Tula. "I did want to talk about your proposal a bit. Thermobaric weaponry is far less destructive and harmful in the long term than nukes. Along with the 60% disarmament, that could be very good for allowing for a better safety for the populace if the remaining nukes were only used on military targets and less use of low-yield so-called "tactical nuclear" munitions that would cause radioactivity."

Aleph looks at Kayushik and Director white.

"I would accept Kayushiks idea. If we don't have nukes, I would be more then happy to scale back the level of destruction on our super weapons.

I also support the idea of a No Civilian Target pact."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents