NATION

PASSWORD

Caius Cornelius - Archaic Age

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ressach
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ressach » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Ressach

Aetius Tredaelus was angered by the kings demand. He acted, however, like he obeyed and commanded his army back to Ressach. He was hoping for a mass rebellion by the population of Ressach to support his power. He couldn't have been more disappointed in them. Gates closed for his eyes and the other nobles even prepared his armies to fight him if he would not surrender. Aetius decided that he could not succesfully rebel against the king without support of his homeland. He surrendered to the proconsul before the walls of Ressach. His army was disbanded and he was placed under arrest in awaiting of his trial. His friends and allies in Ressach were however able to delay the trial for now. Aetius was sent to one of the city palaces to stay but was not allowed to leave the city. King familia had stopped a Resachian rebellion for now ithout bloodshed. A week after Aetius' surrender arrived the delegation of Reichsland in Ressach. They were brought through the big, wealthy city to the proconsul's palace. Here were they brought to the main hall were the proconsul was handing daily cases from up his throne. When the master of ceremonies announced their arrival looked the proconsul up and when he had found them did he think back to the recent incident between Ressachian soldiers and barbarians from Angmar and his head was full of anger when he started to speak: "Welcome, representors of our western neighbours. I hope your journey went well and easy. I offer you the right of guests and I hope you'll respect it more than the lives of our soldiers. Don't see it as a weakness that we haven't revenged our soldiers' death. When the king gives us permission will we rally our armies to revenge our dead brothers. But tell me, why are you here, are you seeking peace or have you come to explain the reasons for your aggressiviness against Ressach?"

Ressachian nobles at the court.

Sorvanna
Secretary

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

North-Western Sorvanna (Kahlistean Encampment)

Postby Sorvanna » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:57 pm

"To the Alliance!" She replies, his sword and it's scabbard in one hand as she klinks her glass to his, starting to chug down her drink.
Winterstorm smiled, deciding to step out and leave the two leaders alone as she looks around the Kahlistean Encampment.

The Company of 100 Royal Guard steadily explored around the camp as well, having heard the klink of drinking glasses and assuming the best, and starting to mingle with their new outsiderly comrades.

Scylacium
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Scylacium » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:51 pm

With the war now finished King Familia announced that Anlevion would join the Roman State, Familia decreed that six patricians would join the Senate in Rome and represent Anlevion City. King Familia also announced that the city of Anlevion would be rebuilt in Rome's image, "a great city," he said, "will rise from the fire of war."

When King Familia was given word of the failed revolt against his rule he was very pleased. Familia toured the nation to thank his people for fighting during the war, something no king had ever done. When he would come visit a city thousands would greet him, he was the popular King Rome had ever had. During his visit to Ressach he thanked the nobles that supported him, and punished the Tredaelus clan. He ordered that the family vacate two of their three senate seats, giving them to rival families, he also appointed new magistrates in Ressach that we not from the Tredaelus clan. He thanked the proconsul for supporting him and decreed that all of the Roman State would be funding the rebuilding of Anvelion, not just Ressach. But King Familia knows that with an ever expanding Roman State he will not be able to keep his throne with a decentralized government and military so he named a trusted adviser named Octavia Navia Special Magistrate for the Organization of the Roman State, or Special Magistrate for short. His job will be look into how Rome can better govern her new territories and what policies will keep his beloved King in power.

Kahliste
Attaché

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:56 pm

After the toast, Emperor Mouritsen rose from his chair with the sword he had been given by High Queen Tyrfang. Directly behind him was a table that supported a pole. Above this table was a banner with the swan of the Kahlistean Scandinavian flag facing forward, wings spread out. Mouritsen gently laid the sword upon the table and looked over it a moment. It looked good.

When he turned back to the Queen, he was smiling. He led her out of the tent not too long after, and flashed a finger gesture to a man nearby who was dressed in all black. The man nodded, and he brought out a short-horn that made a loud yet harmonic noise. All the Kahlistean troops and remaining non-military personnel assembled before Mouritsen. They no longer seemed too uptight as they were earlier. After acquainting themselves with the Sorvannan Royal Guard, they expected that this nation was now an ally to Kahlistean Scandinavia.

"Brothers and sisters!" said Mouritsen as loudly as he could, looking around. Now here was what he was good at. Motivational speeches. Albeit short, they definitely gave the soldiers and the Kahlistean people strength. "On this day, after our travels... High Queen Amarantha Tyrfang and I, Emperor Jannik Mouritsen, have created an alliance between Sorvanna and Kahlistean Scandinavia! From now on, we shall treat them as our brethren. We shall protect them and share with them."

To finish his speech, Mouritsen gave his hand to the High Queen, and they raised arms together. The Kahlisteans cheered again, raising their weapons to rejoice. "HURRAA! HURRAA! HURRAA!"

As several merchants chose to stay for now, the Kahlistean Army and the geographers and biologists began to pack up. Mouritsen would later invite the High Queen and Lord Winterstorm to see Kahlistean Scandinavia, if they weren't all too busy. (And to spark more activity to the thread. xP)
The views of this nation (Kahliste) do not reflect my own. But when it does, then it's none of your business.

Sorvanna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorvanna » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:56 am

The High Queen's Guard cheered with their newfound brothers and sisters in arms and happily intermingled, helping those that decided to pack up.
The High Queen thought on it, she hadn't originally planned to leave but accepted the Offer, deciding to take Winterstorm and some of her Guard with her. She'd have a Ranger rush back to deliver the news, leaving The Grand Sage in charge while she was gone.

-----
After a few days of travel, the word was spread by the Ranger to the Capital, The Grand Sage would take the lead as the interim-ruler for now, and the Lords would abide by that, until the Queen returned from her trip.

Kahliste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:24 am

By sundown, the Kahlisteans had finished loading their equipment onto the respective ships, and were ready to leave. Before they did however, Emperor Mouritsen personally spoke to the remaining Sorvannan Royal Guard, assuring them that their High Queen and the Lord of the city of Nau'ris would be under the full protection of the Imperial Kahlistean Army and all of its assets. Several Kahlistean merchants and writers decided to stay in Sorvanna and head to Nau'ris where they would begin their own businesses. They were now at ease, seeing as Sorvanna was now considered an ally to their glorious Empire.

Being of a high position, High Queen Tyrfang and Lord Winterstorm were to sit with Emperor Mouritsen in the high-tower of the Imperial swan-ship. The room seemed small when viewed from afar, but it was truly quite roomy, with wooden supports overhead that were high enough so no one would bump into them. There were seats, of course. 5 in all. Because General Jofreidrrson and General Erkkilä weren't present, the Queen and her subordinate had a place.

After the ascent, Mouritsen stepped first into the room and lit the four lanterns. The landscape of the Sorvannan coast was fully visible from this spot. Little lights were moving quickly below as the rest of the Kahlistean fleet began to disperse. The water glowed somewhat orange as the sun disappeared beneath the horizon.

"This is where we will be settled, until we reach the Empire." Mouritsen tells the ladies, guiding them to their seats. "However," he looks to both of them, "You may return to the decks below, as you please... Closer to the water."

And at that, the ship lurched, but only gently. From where they were, it was evident that the swan-ship had begun to turn. The wings behind the tower were spread out wide, again giving the illusion of an enormous swan, prepared to defend its nest. Below they could hear the creaking as the paddlers worked to turn the gigantic ship around so that it now faced Tuaador. After another short while of turning, it was once again faced towards the North, where they would go.

Once the ship and its fleet of warships were on the move, Mouritsen called for food and drink. Another celebration, this time between all the leaders. He proposed a toast, and allowed for the tower's shades to be lifted, granting a view of the sea ahead that was illuminated only by the swan-ship's external lamps.
The views of this nation (Kahliste) do not reflect my own. But when it does, then it's none of your business.

Sorvanna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Northern Freh'ljha Sea. (North-Western Sorvanna's Sea)

Postby Sorvanna » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:49 am

The High Queen's Royal Guard dispersed besides for a few, not out of worry for their Queen, they trusted these people, but they wished to follow to these new lands. It was also tradition however, the Queen had to have at least four Guards, and that was content enough with them. The Guard stayed below decks, just watching the water.

The High Queen and Lord Winterstorm celebrated openly however with their hosts, just happy to be traveling.

-----
The City of Nau'ris, Clanhold to Clan Winterstorm.
Nau'ris was a beautiful city, perched in the lower plans of South-Western Sorvanna, it had a naturally well-defensible position, with the nearest forests being a bit of a distance away, meaning invading armies would come within reasonable sight before they'd besiege the city. The Architecture itself was highly comprised of stone with wooden supports, or wood with brick support, it changed often but blended seamlessly with eachother. The City itself was comprised of a set of high walls around it's perimeter, and was split into different tiers as is the typical Sorvannan style. The inner tiers weren't seperated by walls like the Capital however, there was a Trade District, Military District, and a Residential District. It kept things neatly and orderly in the bustling city, and the Sorvannan traders welcomed their newfound Kahlistean trader allies with open arms, offering iron swords of rather reasonable make. While it wasn't Angmaran metal of the south, their swords were still longer and just as well made if not a bit better then typical swords found out there in the world, shortswords ranging from Gladiuses to other simple things.
It became evidently apparent however of the warrior nature, as every citizen, even the children carried a sword at their hip or some other form of weapon, owing to their eternal training, and their martial prowess is oftenly demonstrated by random civilians sparring with eachother around, which seem rather normal here. It also became obvious the Sorvannans possessed a large fighting force. It seemed each Clan provided their own part to the unified Sorvannan Army. At the time, Nau'ris possesses a rather large army of at least 10,000 soldiers currently guarding it's walls.

Kahliste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:15 am

Northern Freh'ljha Sea

Eventually, the trip continued rather slowly, seeing as it was nearing midnight. The paddling crew were then allowed to rest, as they had been rowing all evening. The ship now moved at a slower speed, being dragged on by the wind. There were men in control of the sails, of course. Whenever one of them had become tired and needed a nap, another would take his place. The other Kahlistean warships formed an elliptical shape around the Imperial swan-ship, although aware that there were no immediate threats, the need to guard the enormous craft was raised due to the Sorvannan High Queen and one of her Lords now being transported with the Kahlistean Emperor and his Generals.

It took a while as they continued North, where it quickly became very cold. The ship crew was less active in these areas, and it took another two weeks to get through. A week and a half, actually, as the fleet needed to wait for a warship that had come aground on some shallows near a small stone island.

After once again traveling around Tuaador, the Imperial Fleet had finally reached the North-Eastern Seas of Kahlistean Scandinavia. From here, the landmass was in sight, but very distant. The entire fleet was more alert as they traveled through these waters. They were familiar with what could be encountered around the sea near Kahliste.

Throughout the journey, Mouritsen explained more and more about his country and the sacred laws that often controlled how Kahliste was run. Sometimes he would go off-topic, but he was quick to return to the original subject, so as not to confused Tyrfang and Winterstorm. In the tower, he was most comfortable, but he later led the two Sorvannans to the below decks to watch the passing seas. To Winterstorm he said, "Do you remember that scout who mention freyjan and havsorm? In these waters, they and many more frightening creatures lurk within these dark and cold seas. Keep an eye out, and you might just spot one of them."

After three hours, eventually, the fleet did. A havsorm that was the size of a merchant ship broke through the surface, growling. In between its massive jaws was what seemed to be an enormous shark. Yet obviously, it was no match for the mosasaur, as it had now become nothing but a meal. As quickly as it had appeared, the havsorm returned to its underwater world to feast on its kill. Mouritsen was able to point it out. This occurred near the fleet, but not close enough.

"There it is..." he pointed as the monster's snout disappeared into the darkness. "That is a havsorm. Normally, they don't bother our ships. But when they're mighty hungry, they may prey on smaller fishing boats, killing the occupants."

North-Western Sorvanna (Nau'ris City)

The Kahlistean merchants who had chosen to remain under the sovereignty of Sorvanna numbered at about 204. 56 of them brought with them their families, as obviously, they had been permitted by the Kahlistean Emperor to do so. As soon as they had arrived, many of these young children, just as eager to learn to fight, began making friends with the local kids.

Un-intimidated, the merchants marched on and settled in a small area temporarily, until the appointed leader, a Kahlistean soldier, would speak to the person in charge of the city as to where the merchants and writers could stay. Obviously there were taverns and areas where they could build, but not wanting to occupy others lands they would prefer to purchase these instead. This Kahlistean, Commander Ingemar Asvardsson, had been told to stay by General Urness so that he could regulate the behavior of the merchants and their families, and ensure their safety and abiding to the sacred laws.

Reichsland
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:13 am

Proconsul's Palace, Ressach

The Angmaran Delegacy had finally arrived in Ressach, and they were glad to finally stretch their legs. The Resssachians proved to be friendly thus far, although the citizenry viewed them with what appeared to be suspicion mixed with curiosity. Wulfrun told the Baegloc and the majority of the soldiers to remain with the ship while they proceeded with business. This suited the Baegloc just fine, who had no need for large cities or large groups of people. The soldiers on the other hand were rather disappointed at this order, for they wished to see more of the foreign city. They were loyal however, and they would comply without hesitation.

The party was led up to the Proconsul's ornate palace, where once they were introduced, they were given an audience with him. The Proconsul was the first to speak, and as soon as the first words crossed his lips, it was clear that they were borne on a breath of anger. The nobleman said "I offer you the right of guests and I hope you'll respect it more than the lives of our soldiers. Don't see it as a weakness that we haven't revenged our soldiers' death. When the king gives us permission will we rally our armies to revenge our dead brothers. But tell me, why are you here, are you seeking peace or have you come to explain the reasons for your aggressiviness against Ressach?"

Wulfrun was experienced enough to know that he was already starting off on a negative note in regards to diplomacy, however he did not let this dissuade him. It also relieved him that the Proconsul knew the Common Speech, for it was best to deal directly with people than to rely on a translator. He quickly cleared his throat and offered a quick bow before he began to speak his reply. "Most noble Proconsul, we humbly thank you for your hospitality and are in your debt for this. As for our journey, it did indeed go rather well, better than I expected in fact. It is quite a distance from West Reichsland to Ressach, and it was a tiresome journey. I digress however, for I am wise enough to know that you are not truly concerned with out voyage. Your tone of speech proves that this is the case. I will address your questions, and I will begin with why we are here. The High King Saeward of Reichsland has sent a letter for me to read to you. Bear with me as I recite it. Wulfrun pulled a scroll from the pocket in his robe and unrolled it. He looked around the room at everyone assembled there before he began to read aloud the words of the King.
To the Rulers of Ressach and or Scylacium. I have heard of your destruction of Anlevion, and this gives me cause for concern. I do hope that you plan to end your march there, and will not continue into our territory. I assure you that if you were to tread our lands with hostile intentions, then you will most assuredly die. However, I have not sent this letter to cause provocation, instead I have sent it for peace. Reichsland does not wish for war with Ressach or Rome, and we are interested in signing a peace treaty with you. I have given Wulfrun, the man who should be reading this letter if nothing grave happened, and the other scholars that accompany him the authority to ratify a peace agreement. I implore you to hearken to my words and accept this offer. I would hate to think of the untold suffering your soldiers would face at the hands of the Eastern Clans if you were to press an attack against us. Some of your men have already encountered the Baegloc tribe and it did not end well for them. To make up for your loss, I have released ten slaves of both Ressachian and Roman nationalities. I hope that you will see this as a suitable exchange. I also expect that you will treat the bearers of this letter with utmost respect, and I thank you in advance for your cooperation. If the party does not return with two months or if I have evidence to believe that you have either imprisoned or executed them, I will take it to mean that you have answered our good and just mission with evil. Such a response will not be viewed lightly. With these words I humbly leave you, and eagerly await a positive reply. Warmest regards, Saeward the High King of Reichsland.

When he had finished, Wulfrun rolled the scrolled back up and handed it to the Proconsul. He also told the Proconsul "The ten free men that the King mentioned are here with me. They are now free to go as far as we are concerned. As for your question about our aggressiveness, the Eastern Clans are responsible for their own actions. Their actions are not always condoned by the King, nor are they always made known to him. East Reichsland is still a fierce land with the clans being more autonomous than not. Therefore we have tried to repay your loss with the return of these men, to make up for their barbarous practices. I urge you however to sate your revenge and thirst for blood through other means. You may kill us, and then go to war, but there is a reason why countless people including yours have disappeared in our eastern forests. As the king has said however, I am not here to provoke either. I am here on a goodwill mission to promote peace, and surely we both understand that our two peoples are proud and noble, always trying to flex our muscles. We cannot let that come in the way of peace though. What say you to this, most noble Proconsul?
Demonym: Landser
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Sorvanna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorvanna » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Northern Freh'ljha Sea

The Sorvannans enjoyed the sights as they were transported and seemed especially accustomed to the Northern Temperatures.

However, as they drew closer to the land and Winterstorm was pulled away, Winterstorm could only watch in a bit of awe as the creature snaps up the smaller predator. They most definitely didn't have anything like that in their waters, and she was rather glad they didn't.
Nodding at the Emperor as he spoke, she replied softly. "We don't have those..and I see. At least they stay clear of the bigger ships.."

The Local Kids initially spoke in Sorvannan tongue, but after noting bits of confusion on the other children's faces, dropped the accented, thick language and spoke in common. Even they had swords at their hips, and easily mingled with the Kahlistean children.

Lord Winterstorm's current Consort, Aylen Winterstorm would tell the Commander that he and his people are welcome to live in the Residential district, they have many homes open for occupation. They'd be allowed to settle in for free, having a home was no issue. And if they were to set up more taverns and the like in the trade/residential district, then they're allowed, however buying them from their current owners may be difficult but possible. Not because they're not trustworthy, but because they've been open for a long time.
For now, however, the Kahlisteans are offered jobs by the current Sorvannan merchants and the like set up already here in their hometown, understanding if they turn them down.
For the most part, these people are incredibly welcoming, and seem to love the new faces. Admist all of the bustling activity however, there stood a Temple surrounded by a beautiful courtyard inbetween the Trade and Residential Districts, it's walled courtyard was undisturbed by regular citizens, and sported a heavy set of guards, two of which guarded the doors to the Temple itself, and several others paced around the grassy courtyard, from inside low chanting and other such speakings could be heard softly echoing out, but it's drowned out by those not keen enough to hear it by the city outside.

Avinaa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Avinaa » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 pm

On the political front, Special Magistrate Navia came up with a new plan to centralize the Roman State, in his plan he recommended that:

1) A garrison of Roman troops be sent to all major cities
2)Limit the power of the Senate and Curate Assembly
3)Appoint trusted military officials
4)Sack all proconsuls that do not answer directly to Rome
5)Suspend the Constitution

Obviously, King Familia would be overthrone if he decreed all of these at once, so he and Navia decided to implement this agenda steadily. And Special Magistrate Navia and King Familia saw their chance to consolidate power in the unstable lands of Reichland. He issued a decree that stated "...Rome will protect her citizens, and Roman interests if found to be at risk from the uncivilized eastern lands....by any means necessary..." Many Senators and plebs supported this move as rumors of a Reichlander invasion were everywhere and the King's statements and public speeches only exacerbated the people's fear. Soon several senators from the east did the King's job for him by demanding that Roman troops be stationed in their cities, King Familia went a step forward and ordered that all major cities have a garrison of elite Roman troops. While some noblemen were wary of his moves, they feared an invasion from Reichland even more.
Last edited by Avinaa on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taelete
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taelete » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:58 am

Taelete

After the succesful negotiations with Tytos Veraxos was the Taeletean expansion on Taros secured. A week after the negotiations received Ariston word that the king of Gherech-Ildar had decided to peacefully make his lands part of the new Taronian nation so he would keep his power. As soon as Ariston had accepted the kings offer attacked the army of Gherech-Ildar Firtede and they razed it to the ground. Ariston and his army met the king of Gherech-Ildar between the ruins of Firtede where he officialy declared that his lands would be part of the new Taronian nation. In the meanwhile had the two last Taronian cities in the north, Kartan and Tarto, combined forces. Ariston eventually defeated their armies after a serie of battles and he sacked Kartan. Tarto surrendered and was only looted. Ariston spent another 4 months in Taros in which he secured his lands. The Pefkiot letter that had arrived to offer help had been sent to Ariston of Taelete what had showed the aristocratic council his power which was showed again when Ariston had negotiated with Acro without their permission, something that had angered the council. When it was clear that the Taeletean conquest was secured was Ariston summoned to the council. Ariston arrived with 10.000 men on his back. When the δεσπoτης, the old Antidoros Elassos, ased him on which autority Ariston had negotiated with Acro had Ariston answered:"On the authority of the army and people of Taelete." After this words did 300 soldiers march into the Golden hall where Ariston now forced the council to accept his actions while he forced Antidoros to abdicate from his position as δεσπoτης. Three days later was Ariston officially made δεσπoτης autokrates which is the same as a monarch. While he started to rule in Taelete did he sent officials and forces to Taros to take control of the Acronese Freehold there to forfill the negoiations. When Acro would have officially declared that their freehold in Taros would be part of the new Taronian realm would Ariston cut the Taeletean parts of Taros free from Taelete and would he make it a kingdom under the rule of his family, but first did he need the Acrosi to give their lands in Taros free.
Feel free to TG me for any diplomatic or War RP, I'm always interested.

“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

Ressach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ressach » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:40 am

Ressach, the proconsul's palace

Proconsul Flavus Laeramus calmed as Wulfrun spoke. He now saw that the Angmarans weren't searching war and he spoke with a less angry and loud voice although he kept his voice as cold as possible: "Envoy of Reichsland, you and your king have spoken well but tell me, is there a symbol in killing 11 Ressachian soldiers and giving 10 prisoners back? And how have you acquired this prisoners, I never tought that our border skrimishers were great eough for captives? You must see why I am careful most esteemed envoy, it is a common thing for you barbarians to raid and sack civilised cities like Ressach without excuse. I can't speak the final word in this matter as king Familia is still my master but I can inform you that when a single other incident between our nations happens, and then do I not give about the difference of East and West Reichsland, I will ask the king with all my influence to give permission and help with invading Reichsland. On the other side will we be grateful when peace and friendship can exist between Rome and Reichsland and I can say that we're willing to civilise East Reichsland and to built civilised schools in west Reichsland. We're willing to help you with constructing bigger buildings and we're willing to create a roman ruling system that is one of the best in the world. In return would we like mercenaries and knowledge about weaponcraft from Reichsland. I see good prospects in peace and I see bad prospects in war for us both so I accept you offer of peace as soon as you answer my questions and as soon as you can guarantee this peace. When peace is settled will I inform the king about this and maybe can we think about an alliance then." After this words waited Flavus for Wulfrun's answer with tension although he did not show that.

In the meanwhile made the nobles of Ressach a petition against king Familia's ideas for sending elite garrison's to all cities including Ressach and Akador. They said that they were happy with a border guard from Scylacium but they considered their private armies, legions and Mordivean guards enough to guard their own lands.

Flag of the proconsulate of Ressach

Ressach is the lighter region west of Anlevion. The cities of Akador and Ressach can be seen in the point of Ressach.

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Proconsul's Palace, Ressach

Wulfran could not help but mentally laugh at the Proconsul's words when he started talking about West Reichsland. Apparently the most noble Proconsul was culturally deficient when it came to his nation's neighbors. When the man had finished speaking, Wulfran collected himself and thought briefly before answering. "Your highness, I must respectfully correct you on a few of these matters that you have spoken of. First of all, you audaciously call me, my party, and the people of West Reichsland barbarians? Hahaha, we are much farther from the type than you know! You think so haughtily of yourselves, calling yourselves civilized and assuming that we are not. I cannot help but to laugh at this notion you entertain sir. I assure you that you are gravely misinformed on this matter," Here, his tone turned more icy, "and I would suggest not to underestimate us.

I will attempt to address your other comments one at a time. The ten men that we have returned to you are not prisoners of war, they are former slaves, captured by the Clans and sold to West Reichsland to help construct our cities and farm our land. The King thought it best to free only ten of them, for the number ten symbolizes a fresh start, or rebirth. King Saeward seen this as fresh start on our nations' diplomatic relations. These men are surely glad to be back in their native lands, and hopefully they will be recompense enough. The barbarians that you speak of that are raiding your "civilized towns" are not under our direct control, nor are we a part of them. The Eastern tribes come and go as they please, and if your soldiers ever catch them raiding then punish them as you see fit. If peace were to be settled between us, I would make sure that the Clans would no longer bother your people. Be it known now however, that if you make any form of organized military campaign against East Reichsland, it will be viewed as an act of war and Reichsland shall strike back as an unite force. If anyone will civilize East Reichsland, it will be us. If you speak of the lands we call Anar, we have no control over them, nor have we ever laid claim to them. Settle their if you wish, but leave Reichsland out of your expansionist policies. I am afraid the weaponcraft of Western smiths cannot be taught to outsiders, we could sell weapons to Ressach but the secrets remain our own. This is part of what makes us unique, just as your people have unique traits.

As for schools in West Reichsland, we have no need of them for we have our own. I appreciate the sentiments most kind Proconsul, but we must respectfully decline this as well. Our building are tall enough for our liking thank you, and if you were to visit one day perhaps you would see for yourself the glory of Angmar. Your wish for mercenaries could only be granted with an acceptance of peace. Our King would then surely rally a detachment of soldiers to join your legions. I agree with your sentiments on peace and war, and we lean heavily on the side of diplomacy. I was sent here to request a peace agreement between our nations, as well as to hopefully secure trading partners. We are very wealthy, and were blessed bountifully by Efayrd, the earth god. Trade would undoubtedly be lucrative to both Ressach and Rome. Please, most honorable Proconsul, use your influence with your King to accept this offer. Otherwise, I cannot make any promises as to what the future will hold for our nations. I also hope that you do not take offense at my tone earlier. I, as was surely my other companions, rather shocked and offended by such name calling and assumptions. We humbly await you and your King's reply."

Meanwhile back in West Reichsland, other matters were underway. King Saeward has declared that a great temple be constructed in the city of Erolynd. The temple will be dedicated to every god and goddess in the Angmaran pantheon. Saeward has personally mandated that this will be one of his crowning achievements as ruler of Reichsland. His plans are to make it one of the most of ornate buildings in the world, and the city of the gods was the perfect place to build it. He intends for it to not only be a place of worship, but a place where everyone can come and learn. His hope is that once it is completed, the scholarly priests domiciled within the temple will spread their knowledge to everyone who crosses the temple's threshold. That was putting the ox before the cart however, for the foundation is still yet to be laid. Nonetheless, the people are happy about this announcement and hope that its construction will please the gods and make them rain their blessings down upon Reichsland.

Erolynd is known as the "City of the Gods" due to several miracle healings that had supposedly occurred their, as well as the remarkable good health of its denizens. Local legends also told of the appearance of Aelfricar, the ruler of the gods, in the form of a great dragon. The beast was said to have waged a battle with Azenor, the god of evil as he tried to overthrow the holy city. Aelfricar the dragon breathed his righteous flame on the evil one and in doing so banished him forever to the underworld. In Gondolyn Square, there is a blackened depression in the paving stones, as if something was burnt there and the ground temporarily gave way underneath it. This is the area associated with the holy banishment. Erolynd is also the home of several religious sects that are entirely devoted to worshipping individual deities. Erolynd is a pure city, plain and simple. Those in need can travel there and find refuge within its walls. There is also an elite detachment of Royal Guards stationed there that is under the command of the Jarl, which is the governor of the city.

The King has also sent word to the Eastern clans to be wary of an invasion by Ressach. It could from either Anlevion or Ressach, and they should be on the lookout for any abnormal troop movements. If they noticed anything that looked like battle formations or troop mobilization, they were to let the HIgh King know at once. Saeward hoped that he had not stirred the hornets nest by sending his men to Ressach. If Reichsland was to be known to the world however, such risks must be taken regardless of the consequences. Saeward was not particularly afraid of a war, for the enemy would have to meet Reichsland on their own ground, which they knew like the back of their hands especially with the aid of the Eastern Clans who had trod it for centuries. King Saeward was no fool either, and he knew better than to lower his guard and underestimate the Ressachians and Romans. Their legions were undoubtedly quite powerful, as evidenced by the taming of Anlevion. Saeward wished that peace would grace his lands while he was in power, but only time would tell. He knew that Wulfrun, regardless of the outcome of his visit, was the best man for the job. There was not a more well spoken man in West Reichsland, as far the king could tell, and he knew that things were in good hands. He anxiously awaited the arrival of his fate, good or bad.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Scylacium
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Scylacium » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:29 am

King Familia was presented with the petition against the deployment of Roman troops in all major cities, he was displeased. To him this was just another example of a decentralized Roman State that needed a strong central government. King Familia sent his most trusted adviser, Special Magistrate Octavia Navia, to convince(bribe if necessary) anyone he needed. In meetings with senators, and noblemen Octavia Navia maintained that Rome was only interested in protecting her allies and promised only a small force of 2,000 men would be in both cities. He also proposed that the National Mint be moved to Ressach, and in an unprecedented move Navia meet with Pleb leaders and received their backing. Navia reiterated that with raids from tribes war with Reichland was likely and these cities would need Roman protection. Navia promised more senatorships, more wealth for Ressach, and more power for the noblemen.

Octavia Navia also hatched a plot to start the war he needed. He sent his son, Fabius Navia, to bribe a small, but battle ready border tribe. This tribe was promised land if they attacked a large Vila owned by Gaius Tredaelus, a powerful senator and one of that last members of the Tredaelus clan that has any political power. Their order is to attack the vila, kill the senator, and capture his daughter. Little does this tribe know that a small force of Roman troops will be waiting to kill the tribe and cover up any involvement from Rome. The plan will be carried out at the order of Octavia.

Dagenham
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagenham » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Many battles had been fought for the Kingdom of Dagenham. Many lives had been lost for the sake of honor. But thus far, it seemed all those things were not worth anything. Under a new young King, the people of the Kingdom were in poverty, stricken with disease that no one could cure. Even the doctors had fallen ill and refused to leave their homes in order to treat others. Within the walls of Dagenhamian townships, people who could not afford relieving medicines died in the streets.

Meanwhile, good King Felimid Ó Cianaigh was comfy in his pretty little castle, his subjects within the safety of its inner ramparts. Men and women were outside, calling the King's name, asking for mercy, but he would not give it to them. They were peasants, and their job was to keep the country on the rise. Obviously this King was stupid, with no morals at all. He assumed that sitting around all day, eating all the food he could ask for, his glorious nation would be on the slope to prosperity.

And just as a bad King mistreats his people, they would rebel. In many townships, the King's guard were assaulted by angry villagers, stuck with pitch forks and set aflame. They would not have any more of the King's sloth. They were going to teach him a lesson or two, even if it meant they had to break down the castle walls. Of this revolution, there was no particular leader. Everyone took great strides for one thing. Justice.

On another feast day of many feast days, Felimid the Fool was at his long table, made of mahogany from larger countries. He had food on both sides of him, and his advisers could only watch as he bit into chicken legs and chunks of beef. Across the walls of the castle, the roars of the furious crowds grew louder. One of the advisers left the room, and with him went many of the other servants. They knew what was coming, but they did not have the skill to defend their King. They wouldn't want to, anyway. The pig deserved to be butchered and thrown to the wolves.

The King was worried all of a sudden when he realized he was alone, except for a few pikemen here and there. He dropped his lunch and wiped his lips clean, as if that would make him look any better. Truly, he still looked awful.

"Where are my loyal subjects?" he asked one guard nearby. The man looked around the dining hall and shrugged, with no hint of respect at all. The screams outside intensified. The Fool rose from his table and frantically searched for an escape as they all heard the doors to the inner ramparts fall and splinter into many pieces. The guards fled, knowing what they could be subjected to if they continued to openly support Ó Cianaigh.

"No! NO!" the King waved his arms, calling for the guards to follow. But they didn't even look back as they disappeared into the corridors ahead. "You fools! You cowards!" he yelled in fury.

But that would not save him.

He fled to the highest tower of his castle and set a crate against the doors. His castle was not as sturdy as most nations had theirs built. It was nothing but clay and wood. To him, it was expensive, but anyone could afford to build a house of clay.

From below, the angry Dagenhamian citizens stormed the castle, lynching whoever threatened them or defended the King. Eventually, they reached Ó Cianaigh's hiding place. It wasn't very good, after all. The high tower was the only high tower in all of Dagenham. Aware that the Fool would not come out and face his punishment, the villagers broke down the wooden doors. In fright, the King clambered out the window and fell to his death.

From the tower, three men poked their heads over the ledge at the bloody corpse below. They glanced at each other, then began to rejoice. The King's body was tied up and attached to a pole, left for the crows to pick at. That was all he was good for, anyway.

And here came another problem. Fearing that his relatives would betray him, Felimid the Fool had killed them all with poison, even his two young brothers and his mother. With no direct heir to the Dagenhamian throne, an election between the township mayors would be held in the castle of the capital township. It was not yet big enough to be called a city. Yes indeed, Dagenham was far from wealthy. But with the right strokes, they could definitely achieve something good.

After many months of debate and small skirmishes between township mayors and their supporters, it was determined that Airdgal Ó Broin of the township of Ambleside would become the King.

Frankly, he was no better than the previous King, but at least the people complained less as they were given what they deserved. Ó Broin was just as gluttonous and just as lazy, but the Kingdom prospered under his rule, and eventually they could afford to build their own naval arm.

Blacksmiths were given larger pay by the King to forge good swords for the King's Guard. Hermits were called from many ends of the nation to enlighten the soldiers, as they could barely handle themselves against a bunch of angry peasants.

However, this is just the beginning of the story. Dagenham has yet to go through what this world really is, and what it holds. Its people will be united and later divided, only to band together once again. It will see disease, and it will see war, but it will not fall easily. After all, they persevered against the Fool. Surely they can do much more than that...
Last edited by Dagenham on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kahliste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:16 am

Nordöstra Hav (North-Eastern Scandinavian Sea)

At Winterstorm's remark concerning the havsorm, Emperor Mouritsen let out a little laugh. He planted his knuckles upon his hips and looked around at the surrounding waters. "They rarely ever attack larger ships.. But to the North, there are larger havsorm that can easily tear a warship apart within minutes. Its crew will be nothing but prey immediately after. We try to avoid those areas, anyway... So there's not much need to worry." he gave Winterstorm a gentle, reassuring pat on the back as he led her and the High Queen back to the tower so he could show them just how near they now were to Kahlistean Scandinavia.

As they approached the Northern Coasts, High Queen Tyrfang and Lord Winterstorm would notice that the Imperial swanship wasn't heading for any of the harbors. Instead, it continued to wander South. The fleet of Kahlistean warships had now dispersed, as there no longer was an immediate threat to their leader and his allies. Several more hours later, during the late afternoon, the swanship enters the more temperate Roskildean Coasts. Freyjan playfully accompany the gigantic ship, jumping over the surface in large groups. Mouritsen showed this to Tyrfang and Winterstorm as well.

Though Halland was the capital of Kahliste, it was not wise to enter that area at this moment, as its ports were closed. A large portion of Trelleborg had burned the night before, and from Roskildean towns, the smoke could still be seen even though it was just a smudge across the sky. When the time came for disembarkation, Mouritsen escorted the Sorvannans off the ship himself. Heilmóðursson and Urness both greeted the Sorvannans before returning to their home provinces. It was apparent that Generals Erkkilä and Jofreidrrson had not yet returned.

At the entrance and exit to the harbor, Mouritsen stopped and face the Sorvannan leaders. He extended his arms and smiled. "Welcome to Skagen, the capital of the Roskildean Province!"

From this point, they could see the many smaller structures within the walled city area. Numerous huts were visible, and so was a fairly large building with four towers around it. Each Kahlistean province had a different type of architecture. In Roskilde, many houses were on stilts or were raised to some height, so that when the tide came in they would be safer. During certain seasons, the tide was known to reach far into Roskilde, turning the city of Skagen into a partially submerged area. The water was clean and shallow however, allowing young children to play as long as they liked.

Ressach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ressach » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 am

Ressach

Flavus was angered by Wulfrun's response, how dared this man to claim that his nation was too smart for Ressachian schools, Ressach was one of the centers of civilisation. He had, however, to silently admit that he was now intrested in West Reichsland and he would send spies to the place in time. He was sure that new treaties could be made with Reichsland but he was not sure about the Eastern tribes. Flavus decided to rally extra soldiers so he would be able to counter-attack the clans with the next incident. He was happy when he heard that king Familia had sent extra soldiers to Ressach and een happier when his nobiles accepted the national garrisons. Flavus was also glad when he heard that the royal mint would be moved to Ressach as he had requested a short time ago and he immidiately ordered to start with the construction of the building. When word reached him about the death of Gaius Tredaelus laughed Flavus as the family that had once been one of his biggest rivals had now lost all power. The only thing that remained was the freedom of Aetius Tredaelus as Flavus was still unable to sentence him. Flavus sent a letter to the king to inform him about the talks with Reichslan and to thank him for the royal garrisons. He also requested royal forces to guard the border with Reichsland and especially the clans.

Sorvanna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Nordöstra Hav (North-Eastern Scandinavian Sea)

Postby Sorvanna » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 pm

The High Queen, Lord Winterstorm and their small attachment of two Royal Guards were in slight awe about it all. This was the first time they'd traveled so far out of Sorvanna and so far they were rather impressed and excited.
The two Royal Guards would be the first to run off, to explore and see the city they might one day live in, the High Queen simply chuckling at their new child-like behaviour as Lord Winterstorm and The High Queen turn and look at the Emperor.
"It's a rather lovely city, I must admit." The High Queen Chimes.
With that, they'd ask if he would mind showing them around.

----
Meanwhile..

An Envoy party, consisting of Sixty Soldiers, a few large wagons full of steel and other goods, and the lord herself, Lord Ironguard, set out from Ironhearth and travel south towards Reichsland. While Sorvannan smiths were rather talented, they'd known for a long time that the Reichslander Smiths were even better, and the hope was that a deal could be struck to help the Sorvannans get on the same level, or at least a bit closer.
The Convoy sets out from Ironhearth, the Ironguard's Clan Hold, down towards West Reichsland.

The Ironguard Clan is known at least in the Sorvannan Kingdom as the Clan with the best Smiths out of all the Clans, being the ones who supplied most of the weapons and other metallic gears for their forces and building structures. While the Warrior's way is still in their culture, the Ironguard's also have the unique love for Smithing and Fashioning Steel in general, they're also the ones who make the Royal Family's sword, a symbol of great importance in the nation.
Lord Ironguard is a tough woman, but also rather beautiful, with long light brown hair, dazzling green eyes and fair skin, she's among one of the more beautiful Sorvannans in the Kingdom. (Image to come.)
Last edited by Sorvanna on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kahliste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:42 am

Hand at the hilt of his sword, Commander Asvardsson of the 20th Imperial Regiment of Kahliste had spoken with Lord Winterstorm's Consort and was pleased. This nation would be a valuable ally, indeed. At first, he could admit that he was rather distrustful of these people. He kept his eyes on them at all times when they arrived at the coastal encampment. This man never removed his helmet as he watched young Kahlistean boys draw their swords and teach their new friends the one-handed style that most of non-shield wielders often employed in combat. The Commander wondered why it was so easy for them to trust. He shook his head as he realized, there was definitely something he was missing here. He had even doubted his own Emperor's command when he alone was ordered to stay with the merchants and scientists, to keep them safe.

Ingemar returned to Aylen Winterstorm's home to speak with him once more. His hands were now behind his back as he became more comfortable with this new environment. The climate was as that of Halland, but even colder. The Commander bowed low before Aylen and remained in that position for three seconds before he once again stood up straight.

"Sir..." Ingemar began rather wryly. "I may have forgotten to ask... How must I address you, the ruler of this city?" he asked.

Unknown to Emperor Mouritsen, as they left the shores of Sorvanna, a Hallandian boy and his partner had slipped away under everyone's noses. He was the scout that had informed the Kahlisteans of Winterstorm's riders after they arrived. The one who had asked a badly detailed question of Victoria Winterstorm. Now here this child was, about 10 years of age, crouching low as he followed the group of Kahlisteans that were headed towards the Sorvannan city of Nau'ris. While travelling, he'd heard from one of Tyrfang's Royal Guard of the city. The boy was greatly excited as he stalked along with his kattdjur right beside him, lower jaw to the ground as if carefully following its prey.

Elias Palmcrantz was never trained to hold a sword. Being lean and short, his job was to scout out areas with his assigned partner, whom he had named Gustav. Gustav was a fairly large young male kattdjur, about the size of an adult bobcat. Several hours of marching continued, and while resting, Elias and Gustav were nearly left behind by the moving group. Eventually and finally, they arrived at Nau'ris. It was walled however, and Elias needed to be with the group.

Too late. They had entered, and the guards were once again as vigilant as ever. Elias was now afraid, but he needed to enter as he wasn't sure of what animals lived in these fields. If he chose to spend the night in the open, he could be killed in his sleep. Surely Gustav would defend him, but for how long?.. With a small shiver, Elias pulled his cloak back down against his narrow body and emerged from the tall grass, looking up at the guards atop the walls of Nau'ris. Gustav was right by his side, tail slowly waving across the dirt path, eyes directed at the guards as well.

Elias was surprisingly unnoticed until he cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled to get the guards' attention. He knew a special tactic to dodge projectiles if he had to, so his body was evidently tensed to move to the side quickly.

"Hey!" he'd called, voice carried off by the winds. "Will you let me in?"

Skagen Stad, Roskilde, Kahlistean Scandinavia

"Thank you," said Mouritsen, having heard Tyrfang's compliment regarding Skagen. Later being asked to give them a tour of his city, he turned to them quickly.

"Of course!" beamed the Kahlistean Emperor. "I'd love to show you my home-city!"

The streets of Skagen had no paths at all. It was all near-white colored sand, mostly dry. There were a few pools of clear water where children bathed. Their mothers would not allow them near the shores for fear of losing them to predators that were daring enough to beach themselves to get a snack.

Heading towards the largest hut in the center of the walled city, many people watched as the Emperor walked past with two women behind him. They had never seen people who dressed this way before. Clothing in Roskilde was mostly loose and thin, because it was much warmer and humid around these areas. They were also better for swimming. Diving wasn't a thing yet, what with all the nasty sea critters and all, but over time it would be.

Passing the residential areas of Skagen, Mouritsen did most of the talking, making small gestures. "Our city as you can see, is slightly raised from the original terrain, as this area becomes flooded during certain seasons. Smaller fish then enter the bay, allowing young children and kattdjur to catch them. When those times come," he looks up, "the water is shallow, and the skies are clear. Swimming is allowed, of course. It's just wonderful."

As they walked closer to the main government building, a group of men led two massive beasts through the wide streets of Skagen. Each of the creatures carried bundles of wood on their backs. The one behind had upon it some bags. Mouritsen approached one of them, gesturing to its legs with a hand. "This is the åskahäst. It is the largest creature to roam Kahliste. According to our scientists, they have grown to this size because there is nothing on our island nation that is even capable of hunting them. Apparently, the larger you are, the better and more progressive life is." he shrugged.

Sure enough, the åskahäst was massive, but it was definitely docile and intelligent. Both were completely aware of their surroundings, yet they did not panick. They require three men each and one styrmhäst to guide them along however, in cas they noticed something of interest and went over to investigate upon it.

Last edited by Kahliste on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorvanna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorvanna » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:45 pm

The young Sorvannan Girls and Boys enjoyed the new fighting styles, returning the favour of heavier two-handed fighting styles and even close combat fist fighting, though it typically ends in playful wrestling.
However, up at Nau'ris Keep, Consort Aylen watched Ingemar for a bit until he asked his question before erupting in a bit of laughter before calming himself. "Forgive me, you have not done nothing wrong, but I am not the Ruler of this City, I am simply the Ruler's Consort."
"You may simply refer to me as Aylen, or Consort Aylen, if you wish. We Consorts do not usually use our titles unless some important event is at hand." He nods. "How are your people fairing in settling in Nau'ris?" He asks the Kahlistean with a warm smile.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It wouldn't take more then a minute for the Guards to hear yelling, and when they look down at the young boy below, initially, they go to ask for Identification, but a beautiful woman clad in the Royal Guard's dark leather gear and gorgeous cloak tell them to open the gates, and motion for the boy to meet her inside, as she steps away from the edge of the wall.
It also becomes apparent really fast that Sorvannans are either Pale or Fair in skin tone by nature, and that they seem well built for the cold climate that is their home.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was odd, to the Sorvannans. Their Cities, a few at least were really close to the shore, some built right on them, but they'd never had the problem of high tides before. Nonetheless, it was impressive that the Kahlisteans built around the issue and turned it for profit in some way. They smiled as they continued to be led around the city, before stopping infront of the hulking beast that they were being shown.
It was different, for sure, but nothing to be afraid of as shown by it's tame demeanor. Winterstorm spoke first as the High Queen continued to stare at it in slight awe. "This is truly an amazing creature, Emperor." She finishes, it's all she needed to say about the grand Thunder Horse.
Last edited by Sorvanna on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Ressach

The Proconsul had obviously been angered at Wulfrun's response. The contortions on his face betrayed his underlying emotions. The Proconsul told the Angmarans that he would send word to his King detailing their talks. All that remained now was to wait for a response. Wulfran thanked the Nobleman for his time and informed him that they would return to their ship to await a response. If the Proconsul needed to speak again, all he had to do was summon them and they would return. The Proconsul dismissed them readily, undoubtedly annoyed with the men.

Once they were back aboard their vessel, Wulfrun and another of the younger diplomats that had came on the voyage, who was quickly becoming Wulfrun's protégé, ventured below deck to Wulfrun's small cabin. The two pulled themselves up a seat and began to speak in Angmaran, much to their liking. The youngest, Wayland, was the first to speak. "Hue gest dyr wirt, fro gerst? Dyr Proconsul forgeht insbyrlen, ungot ys datt! Dyr esten clinge warre begge tu uns, Wyr habts sommdinge du! Wulfran replied "Myr gess datt dyr Proconsul ys ahn behyne und Grusslich mann, ahn ware yf hys hynbegge. Ehf eht nachst loftet tu dyr Proconsul, hy wudst warre declyr geleine. Hys Kyng ys still dyr erstmahle yf hym. Hy ys dyr vivide persohne datt wyr habst tu awestrache. Warre ort ruhe, dinge wylst labyr fro dyr zucklich! Tyme wylst geft weht tyme wischen. Wayland took a moment to ponder the older man's last sentence. It was a wise statement full of meaning, and it would stick with Wayland for the rest of his life. The two men talked for a while longer before finally returning to their separate bunks. Now all they could do was wait for the word of King Familia.

Wayland: "How do you think the conversation went for us? The Proconsul became enraged, that is not good! The Eastern Clans will bring war to us. We have to do something!"

Wulfran: "I think that the Proconsul is an arrogant and pretentious man, but only a product of his upbringing. If it were up to the Proconsul, he would declare war right now. His king is still the leader of him though. He is the one that we really have to impress. Regardless, war or peace, things will work out for the best. Time will favor whom time wishes."

Angmar, Capital of Reichsland

The sound of galloping hooves echoed through cobbled streets once more, however this time the rider brought good news. It was royal cavalryman, a rider of the northlands of Streleheim. The King was once again alerted of the rider's approach, and he made his way from the palace out into the courtyard.

The rider dismounted from his horse and bowed before Saeward, then righted himself. He told the King that the rangers had intercepted a caravan of foreigners coming down out of the north. They had identified themselves as Sorvannans, bound for West Reichsland. They were headed there to trade and see the great works that the Angmaran smiths had wrought. Their leader had introduced herself as Lord Ironguard, the ruler of the Ironguard Clan. The rangers had put them under royal escort and were now en route to the capital of Angmar to meet the king. Saeward was excited at the news, finally he would get to meet a new, interesting people. And the leader a woman?Interesting indeed! He thanked the Ranger for his news and told him to stop by the royal armory to choose a weapon or piece of armor for his service. He then dispatched a rider to Orthanc, a three day ride on horseback to tell the governor there to prepare for visitors. He would need to have an exposition of metal works ready for display to the travelers when they arrived their. The King himself would also be making a visit with them, to show them around.

The King has also issued an edict regarding the Royal Military. There would always be a total of nine leaders, to be divided between Generals and Admirals as the need dictated. There would be a Grand Magister of the Royal Forces, or simply Magister, which would lead the other 8. This person would be in charge of the entire military and answer only to the king. The 9 would be appointed by the king at first, however the rule would change once the 9 became active. The replacements for the 9 would be chosen by their predecessors, while the Magister would be chosen by the King himself.

To show their uniqueness of rank, each member of the 9 would get to choose the style and make of their helmet and armor. The first 9 appointees are as follows;

Magister: Ielfgar, 1st Grand Magister of the Royal Forces

Alfwine: General of the Royal Army, 2nd Army

Berenwald: General of the Royal Army, 3rd Army

Guthmaer: General of the Royal Army, 4th Army

Deornoth: General of the Royal Army, 5th Army

Hunfrith: General of the Royal Army, 1st Cavalry

Oslaf: General of the Royal Army, 2nd Cavalry

Wynstan: Admiral of the Sea, 1st Fleet

Beohrtel: Admiral of the Sea, 2nd Fleet
Last edited by Reichsland on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Kahliste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:34 am

Commander Asvardsson noted what Aylen said and nodded before answering his question. "They are doing just fine, Sir." he straightens up, keeping his eyes on the Sorvannan Consort. "I expect them to be able to adjust quickly." And that was true enough. The Kahlisteans were settling wherever they could, for now. They weren't fussy, after all. For this first day, they had not yet started any work and decided they would rest. The past few days had been quite exciting, indeed.

Elias' skin wasn't nearly as pale as the female warrior's. His skin was milky white, and his hair a bright shade of brown. Gustav padded along at his side, taking in the scents to be found within this new city. From the entrance, Elias could already see some of the taller boys who were training to be soldiers. They were using makeshift shields now, training with other Sorvannans or by themselves. Either way, their skills would be honed, and relationships built. Hands clasped together behind his back, Elias continued to observe his surroundings. He let his hood drop so he could get a better look at the Sorvannan huts. Their way of building was slightly different, but effective nonetheless.

"It is," nodded Mouritsen. "It is, indeed." And at that, the two marvelous beasts lumbered off with their handlers. Currently, the Emperor was looking around as if he wasn't sure where to lead the High Queen and Lord Winterstorm. But the nearest building was the town center. It was a large building with walls made of clay and stone. The roof was made of bunched up dry grass to keep the water out whenever it rained, and the ground around it was raised about 7 feet up. There were wooden stairs leading up to the entrance, of course.

"Ah." the Emperor clapped his hands and led the Sorvannans towards the double doors of the round clay building. Inside, it was quite dark. Lamps were covered so that fires would not spread during the night. A lamp in Trelleborg without a cover had caused a massive fire to the North, so with a lesson learned, most lamps would be made with thin metal covers above them. Inside the building, it was rather quiet. There were no people at all. Three walls divided the round building into two rooms. Mouritsen led the High Queen and Lord Winterstorm to the spot where they converged.

He pointed to the door adjacent to the doors. "This door leads to the Roskildean archives. We are not allowed inside however, only antiquaries and geographers are." then towards the door to their left. "These are my quarters," and finally the one to the right. "And this door leads to the armory."

Sorvanna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorvanna » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:57 pm

"Well I'm glad, truly." The Consort, like his other Sorvannans, was at least six feet tall, he sported shoulder length dark brown hair, blue eyes and fair skin, his hair having a single braid reaching down to his right shoulder, he was donned in black cloth, unlike the leather his Lord wears, but his warm smile and relaxed demeanor shows he's not a naturally hostile person.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Once he was inside, after a moment or two, the Royal Guard steps out from a door to the left at the base of the wall, and she walks over, gently gripping his arm and pulling him to the side over towards the door. (Gentle for a Sorvannan anyway) She sits him down at a table beside the door, and sits across from him and flashes a small smile as she rests her hands on the table. "Sorry, standard doings and all. Just gotta' make sure I ask you a few questions, nothing super complicated yeah?"
"What is your name and what nation do you belong to? And what is your business here?" She asks, running a hand through her red hair.
Celestia Winterstorm, Daughter of Lord Winterstorm.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The High Queen and Winterstorm quite honestly seemed interested in just about everything there was here. However they diligently followed the Emperor as he led them to the Town Center, looking it up and down in curiosity before stepping inside, at first it was odd to see it so unpopulated with people before they heard him state his Quarters was here. That made more sense to them, and as he finished they speak in response. "Is it possible to see the armoury?" Winterstorm asks, the Queen nodding in equal curiosity of the room.
Angmar, Capital of Reichsland
Lord Ironguard was smiling warmly as she trotted along ontop of her warhorse. She was notified by her Rangers that the Reichslanders knew they were coming, and they even had a Royal Escort leading them down. This was great! Things were going smoothly, and she enjoyed that quite a bit. However, what was truly exciting her was the fact she could spot the large capital in the distance, and from that alone she knew she wasn't going to be leaving dissapointed, whether or not they acquired Reichslander weaponry or secrets. This would be good for Sorvanna, the Kingdom needed friends and allies and with the advent of the Alliance with Kahliste, the Reichslanders would also be a great addition to the Alliance, if only by means of being trade partners, for now.
Lord Gwynevere Ironguard, High Battlemaster of Sorvanna.

Kahliste
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:39 am

Asvardsson nodded, removing his gloves and attaching them to his belt. "Quite frankly, Consort Aylen, at first I thought your forces to be hostile. Thus the reaction of my troops when they approached us after our landing. It's quite rare that we encounter open-minded peoples." he tells Aylen, rubbing his palms together. They had gotten rather sweaty after gripping his sword's handle for quite some time. Settling in, he knew there was no threat, and began to relax.

The Kahlistean scout was busy looking at the structures within the walls of Nau'ris when he felt a firm hand around his arm. He was being hauled off somewhere, and seeing this, Gustav let out a warning growl. But Elias flashed a sign that meant he had to stay down unless they wanted a fight. The nimravid loosened up, and hurried after its master towards the table.

Looking more closely, Elias realizes that this lady held a resemblance to that Lord that Emperor Mouritsen had spoken to several days before. A doppelganger maybe? But he was in no position to question this. He nodded to Celestia's first question, and gave a more specific response to her second.

Elias swallowed hard and placed a palm upon his chest. His heart was racing. "M-My name... Is Elias Palmcrantz... Son of the Hallandian Province of Kahliste, and loyal servant to the Empire which controls it..." After getting that out, his hand went down to his lap in a flash. He would be sweating this moment if it wasn't so cold. Even Trelleborg didn't have such a climate. Lucky for Gustav, he'd had a thick hide of fur over his entire body. There he was, laid comfortably against Elias' feet, licking his paws and cleaning his silky dark brown fur.

Mouritsen smiled and nodded. He opened the doors to the city armory and stepped inside.

The room was much, much larger than Mouritsen's quarters, but smaller than the archives. No space was spared here. All available spots were occupied with weapons. The walls were lined with curved swords and lethal looking polearms. Bows had no place however, as they were stored elsewhere. If Winterstorm and Tyrfang looked more closely, they would see that all Kahlistean weapons had metal handles, so they wouldn't break. That also meant they were heavier, which was why Kahlistean armor was just as thick as their weapons were. More defensive and offensive strength to compensate for the lack of mobility. The shields were neatly stacked atop each other in one side of the room, as well. Majority of them were tall, as Kahlisteans valued the lives of their soldiers greatly. It was important for each man to survive without a battle. Few were round, meant for the protection of the rear or for men who preferred to go light.

In one section of the armory, smaller swords were stowed away with small diamond-shaped shields with long tails and curved knives. Weapons of Kahliste's child soldiers. Mostly boys were admitted into the youth division. Girls were trained to fight as well, but only so they could defend themselves. According to the law, they could not serve in the military, as they were to be protected. Women were taught to fight, in case the war was lost and they needed to defend themselves and their children from rape and murder that the enemy would surely commit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents