NATION

PASSWORD

Rising Strength II; The Shadow Election (Sunalaya Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:Palace Bunker

Ambassador Leon turned to Sierra with a look of distrust. "Ambassador Leon, your highness," he replied with a sharp tone. This woman is unfit to be heir to our ally. However, Rhodevus is our ally. He took a moment to think of words and to calm himself. "For someone who has made claims about my country to the press in this matter I do not think that being with you is a good thing. As a matter of fact, for someone who denounced Ophion, you have put yourself in a bad place. I will go up alone. To speak. My goverment should be preparing an evacuation team to deal with me. If needed we can bring you." The Ambassador went to make his way up the stairs to the crowd. He took from his pocket his USA and Alliance pins. He would put them on his chess.

Outside

Ethan was displeased with the crowd. He had urged them to be peaceful, but that clearly fell through. He rose up onto a piece of the wreckage and would speak to the rioting crowd. "Is this what the Alliance stands for! For fighting? For chaos! No! It is for cooperation! We cannot show the world that we will destroy our own when we want to work with them!"

"Don't you dare criticize me with no reason, and then do exactly what I had planned to do. All you have thought of so far was keeping yourself safe. Without me asking you to join me, you would have stayed down here in safety. If anyone is going up there, it will be me, not you." Sierra was furious at the Jasonian leader. She had no idea why all these rumours were being spread about her. She marched up the stairs not even checking if the Jasonian leader was behind her.

She reached the top of the stairs first. I have no idea how Queen Diana could put up with them for so long. she thought to herself before opening the door that protected them during the initial fighting where Ymira was injured. There were guards at the doors. "Sirs, I am going on a walk. Would you be able to direct me to the part of the city that is in need of the most help?"

The guards crossed their rifles in an X and refused. "Absolutely not. You could be killed out there." Sasha waved the guards away and pulled Sierra along into an armored car. The car started and Sasha told the driver to go to go to the Reichoc District. "This is where many of the pro-Ophions are in Eoemria. Pro-Ophions are all over the country. Many of them want to cling to the Soivets for support. These are lower-middle class families, the ones least likely to be unhappy with the orignal Ophion. They aren't going to be convinced not to be violence. The good news is only 20% of the pro-Ophion people are violant. Another thing is most pro-Ophion people actually support Ymira too. This place is where they are most populated. We're meeting Lt. Leonart there, to get answers."

To: Zanera

We thank you for the medical supplies. However, peace-keeping forces are unnecessary.

-Army Commander Sasha
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Leon walked up calmly after the mad Princess and listened to their conversation with the guard. He himself then went to speak with the guard. "As the USJR's representative to the Alliance I demand to speak to the crowd outside in order to show that the Alliance will not promote or defend this violence." Leon wore his Alliance pin and spoke with determination. He had a duty to do.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:17 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:Leon walked up calmly after the mad Princess and listened to their conversation with the guard. He himself then went to speak with the guard. "As the USJR's representative to the Alliance I demand to speak to the crowd outside in order to show that the Alliance will not promote or defend this violence." Leon wore his Alliance pin and spoke with determination. He had a duty to do.

The guard looked around "Um...sir...we sent that mob packing. They're probably all over the city by now, on their way home or whatever they're going to do. And I have no clue where Commander Sasha and Princess Heir Abrams went. I'm not allowed to let anyone pass, it who let Sasha by. I'm not sure where you could speak now, Empress Everen banned foreign powers coming on TV without her permission so I cannot get you on television. I will direct you to my commander, Lt. Dain." The soldier spoke into his radio and within five minutes a man dressed in officer's garb stepped over to Leon. Dain saluted Leon and said "I heard you'd like to give a speech? Would you like to follow Ms. Abrams to the Reichog District? Where many of the rioters are believed to come from."
Last edited by Rezua on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Rezua wrote:
The guards crossed their rifles in an X and refused. "Absolutely not. You could be killed out there." Sasha waved the guards away and pulled Sierra along into an armored car. The car started and Sasha told the driver to go to go to the Reichoc District. "This is where many of the pro-Ophions are in Eoemria. Pro-Ophions are all over the country. Many of them want to cling to the Soivets for support. These are lower-middle class families, the ones least likely to be unhappy with the orignal Ophion. They aren't going to be convinced not to be violence. The good news is only 20% of the pro-Ophion people are violant. Another thing is most pro-Ophion people actually support Ymira too. This place is where they are most populated. We're meeting Lt. Leonart there, to get answers."

"That would be perfect." Sierra said, calming down and composing herself. "I need to at least be seen talking with people on the streets, and helping people rebuild. I know I am not allowed to give any speeches to the press or anything, but I can still get to know people on the streets. Maybe give them some hope at least."
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"That would be perfect." Sierra said, calming down and composing herself. "I need to at least be seen talking with people on the streets, and helping people rebuild. I know I am not allowed to give any speeches to the press or anything, but I can still get to know people on the streets. Maybe give them some hope at least."

Sasha pulled the bolt back on her assault rifle and passed her pistol to Sierra. "If you want to go on the street you must wear a bullet-proof vest, be armed and be surronded by myself and the 5 other ground soldiers. There is a driver and gunner in this BTR should we need support. This could become a blood bath if you piss these people off. With all these dangers in mind do you still wish to speak to these people Sierra?" The BTR came to a stop and the driver said "We're here..." In front of the BTR was a road block made of 4 burning cars. The street sigh said : Reichog District. Behind the barricade were some of the rioters from before, about 100 people in total, probably more in the city. "Wait...this isn't right were is Lt. Leonart and her men?" The soldier in the shotgun seat said. Then "JESUS CHRIST!" driver screamed. The two men realized the burning cars were police cruisers and there were burning bodies inside them. Then a voice called from the mob "We have the police commander! Turn around and tell that royal sl*t [Ymira] to join Ophion or this commander will be executed!" Sasha looked out the window and cursed "Sierra, forget getting out. I'm calling in a drone. The army is taking this city and putting all the people in it under martial law. "

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:38 pm

The door to the supreme's office in the west wing of the Grand Debate Hall opened gently. In came Advisor Gentius, the diplomatic advisor, with a cane, from the earthquake at an international meeting. He hobbled over to a chair, waiting for Supreme Onerius to motion him to sit down. When the supreme motioned, Gentius slowly settled into the chair, holding the arm chair while taking his seat. Gentius spoke first, saying," I assume this is about the aid to the empress of Rezua?"
"Indeed. I want you to see the plane off tomorrow morning, if your schedule is open," replied Supreme Onerius.
"I have a meeting about a tariff on mattresses, so I am open," said the advisor, in a jocular tone.
Supreme Onerius chuckled. "I see the earthquake damaged your leg, but not your sense of humor."
"The same can be said for you. I heard after you got shot in the eye, you were even funnier."
"I can never tell if people are laughing with me or at me."
"I assure you, your jokes are funnier than your face."
They both laughed.
"Alright, I shall see them off," said Advisor Gentius, before gathering his cane and picking himself up to leave. Then the door opened quickly, and in came Advisor Senterius, the military advisor, as tactless as ever. He sat down in a chair curtly, and said," We can send forces to Rezua."
Advisor Gentius and Supreme Onerius looked at each other, and then back at Advisor Senterius. Supreme Onerius proceeded to say," I cannot oblige you. Our military presence is not needed, and the USJR or Rhodevus can handle any military matters. We have absolutely no reason to be in Rezua except for reconstruction."
"But we can take them while they are weak. We'll have an empire. We've the military, but we need the will to use it. And since it mostly falls to your will, I must come to you."
"I've no will to go into some foreign country's land and take it over, and especially when they are weak. We should be helping, not hindering, their country."
"But-"
"The supreme has made his wishes clear," said Advisor Gentius.
"Frankly, I am tired of you, Advisor Senterius. You always show up in then talk like a cartoonish madman," said Supreme Onerius, squeezing his nose in slight frustration.
"Bah! I am tired of your inaction," said Advisor Senterius, before storming out of the supreme's office.
Advisor Gentius and Supreme Onerius looked at each other again and shook their heads. "He can be dangerous, you know," said Advisor Gentius.
"Yes, I should begin to watch my back, but I don't think he is willing to directly take me out of power."
"We should watch him."
"Indeed."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Rezua wrote:
United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:Leon walked up calmly after the mad Princess and listened to their conversation with the guard. He himself then went to speak with the guard. "As the USJR's representative to the Alliance I demand to speak to the crowd outside in order to show that the Alliance will not promote or defend this violence." Leon wore his Alliance pin and spoke with determination. He had a duty to do.

The guard looked around "Um...sir...we sent that mob packing. They're probably all over the city by now, on their way home or whatever they're going to do. And I have no clue where Commander Sasha and Princess Heir Abrams went. I'm not allowed to let anyone pass, it who let Sasha by. I'm not sure where you could speak now, Empress Everen banned foreign powers coming on TV without her permission so I cannot get you on television. I will direct you to my commander, Lt. Dain." The soldier spoke into his radio and within five minutes a man dressed in officer's garb stepped over to Leon. Dain saluted Leon and said "I heard you'd like to give a speech? Would you like to follow Ms. Abrams to the Reichog District? Where many of the rioters are believed to come from."

"For god sakes get me to a media center so I can talk to the crowd! Do you know who I am! I am the person those people want to join! And it is my duty as an ambassador of the USJR, the Alliance and the USA to settle these riots! Must I get the Security Council involved! I will have my way or I will walk out this door! I have contacted my Ministry on the matter and the President of the USJR will be speaking on the issue as soon as possible. Now get me on the line! I have a duty!"
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

Sasha pulled the bolt back on her assault rifle and passed her pistol to Sierra. "If you want to go on the street you must wear a bullet-proof vest, be armed and be surronded by myself and the 5 other ground soldiers. There is a driver and gunner in this BTR should we need support. This could become a blood bath if you piss these people off. With all these dangers in mind do you still wish to speak to these people Sierra?" The BTR came to a stop and the driver said "We're here..." In front of the BTR was a road block made of 4 burning cars. The street sigh said : Reichog District. Behind the barricade were some of the rioters from before, about 100 people in total, probably more in the city. "Wait...this isn't right were is Lt. Leonart and her men?" The soldier in the shotgun seat said. Then "JESUS CHRIST!" driver screamed. The two men realized the burning cars were police cruisers and there were burning bodies inside them. Then a voice called from the mob "We have the police commander! Turn around and tell that royal sl*t [Ymira] to join Ophion or this commander will be executed!" Sasha looked out the window and cursed "Sierra, forget getting out. I'm calling in a drone. The army is taking this city and putting all the people in it under martial law. "

"Do not go all guns ablazing. I have seen these situations before." Sierra said, thinking back to her time in the army. "These people have lost everything and have become insane with the thought that Ophion will help them, that they are killing people to make it happen." Sierra passed the pistol back to Sasha. She opened the window. "All of you! Look at yourselves! Peaceful, respectable people! People and culture that Rhodevus has been trying to replicate for almost 50 years! You were always the model for a perfect society. You are known around the world as a voice of reason! Be civil about this. If you release the Police Commander and save the people burning in those cars, I will make a trade with you." Sierra breathed out slowly. "Your leader will take my spot in this car, and can go speak with Ymira, and I can be held hostage by you until your leader is returned! Deal?!"
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:05 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"For god sakes get me to a media center so I can talk to the crowd! Do you know who I am! I am the person those people want to join! And it is my duty as an ambassador of the USJR, the Alliance and the USA to settle these riots! Must I get the Security Council involved! I will have my way or I will walk out this door! I have contacted my Ministry on the matter and the President of the USJR will be speaking on the issue as soon as possible. Now get me on the line! I have a duty!"

Palace
Dain dropped his pleasant face into a grimace "I just said Empress- he heavily stressed the word empress- Everen has banned all foreign leaders from speaking on Rezuan TV with her approval. And she just had surgery so I don't think she'll be able to take any calls." When Leon continued to order Dain to bring him to a station he threw his arms up in the air "Fine I'll call her." Dain said and muttered under his breath "I'm not paid enough..." Dain waited and then Ymira picked up "Hello?" She said. Her voice was weak but still sounded like the commanding Ymira she'd become. "Ma'am a Mr.Leon wants to speak to the country...Yes the Soviet Ambassabor...okay ma'am." Dain hung up and sighed "Alright Mr. Ambassabor looks like you got your wish answered." The Rezuans soldiers took Leon to a news station and up him on live tv (OOC: You pick what he says Jason). Dain watched the ambassador from behind the camera. Dain remembered what Ymira had said "Give these ungrateful pigs whatever leader they'll listen to. I'm this close from revoking citizenship from selected people."

Sierra's Group

Sasha rolled her eyes and whispered "First of all Sierra those officers burned alive ten minutes ago, probably shot or wounded before even being burned. Second they are holding Police Lt Commander Leonart hostage, that's a class 4 crime. 25 years behind bars. Third Ymira would take my job if I let you do this trade." From the crowd a man with a megaphone called "That's a nice try you (extremely nasty name regarding Sierra's relationship to Ymira). How do we know you aren't going to kill me when I get into that BTR? Or why would we release the second in command of the police force? That means losing leverage. No here's what we'll do, you and your driver will stay in the BTR. Me and my men will replace your guards and we shall see Ymira together. No one in thar BTR will have a weapon except me. The people in that BTR will remain here with my trusted second in command Miss Cavler." Sasha called out "Where's the police chief? In 3 seconds we open fire if we don't see her." The gunner began spinning the barrel on the mini-gun, not shooting but readying to. A police chief was brought to the front rather quickly and the gunner stopped his spinning. But then Sasha's face darkened "Where is Lt. Commander Ana Leonart? I know her personally and that woman is not her." The blonde woman looked up "Sasha...it's me...." Leonart's face was bleeding and her eye patch was gone. Her right eye was once again bleeding, her legs broken so that she was being held to support her. Her face was horribly beaten as was the rest of her body. Then she suddenly collapsed. The rebels quickly checked on her and one called in panic "I swear she's still alive!" Sasha's jaw clenched and she shook with rage. She kicked open her door and walked out with her shotgun. "Do you animals know what's going to happen to you?" They all had their guns on her but were hesitating. Sasha forceful pulled Leonart from a rebel, pushed her behind her, grabbed a teenaged woman and pointed the shotgun right at her head. "Leonart crawl to the BTR." She ordered "If anyone moves this girl's getting a killer headache. You've killed 8 police officers and beaten another that's 40 years behind bars to anyone who did this." Sasha slowly walked back to the BTR and threw the girl to the ground, grabbed Leonart and got into the BTR. Sasha said "Sierra I'm going to purge Rezua of this ungratefuls." Sasha shouted "Ready men? Fi-" The rebel leader spread his arms and called "WAIT! Wait...I'll trade places with the Princess Heir...please don't shoot. I'll come with two of my men, two of yours can protect the Princess Heir here. Just let's not bring weapons into the BTR." Sasha turned to Sierra "Well, do you accept that deal?"

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:23 pm

OOC: Rezua, You did not specify if the officers in the cars were dead or not, so I assumed they were still alive.

IC: Sierra looked stone cold at the leader. "I accept the trade." Sierra opened the door of the BTR slowly. She walked out passing the rebel leader, looking him in the eye. She held her hands at her side. "See? No weapons." not that I need any she thought to herself. hopefully this can buy Ymira enough time to talk with the rebel leader while I talk with the rebels.
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Rhodevus wrote:OOC: Rezua, You did not specify if the officers in the cars were dead or not, so I assumed they were still alive.

IC: Sierra looked stone cold at the leader. "I accept the trade." Sierra opened the door of the BTR slowly. She walked out passing the rebel leader, looking him in the eye. She held her hands at her side. "See? No weapons." not that I need any she thought to herself. hopefully this can buy Ymira enough time to talk with the rebel leader while I talk with the rebels.

The leader looked at her and nodded "I'll give you some credit for actually stepping away from those pigs. But not much lesbian princess." The man gave her a dirty look and kept walking. As the Rezuans ordered to guard Sierra got out of the car they glared at the man hostility. "Backwards minded freak." one guard said to the rebel leader. He spat on the guard and said "Rhodeve slave." The 3 rebels got into the BTR after all guns were dumped out. Then they drove off to see Ymira. The two guards got into two different gunning positions, Sierra to the left of one so she could speak to the rebels. A woman with black hair and piecing grey eyes walked forward. She had a knife strapped to her thighs and had a police Fiver-Seven in a hip holster and a revolver in a shoulder strap. "'I'm the second in command, what do you have to say Rhodeve princess?" This woman seemed to have a less personal hate for Sierra and Ymira, maybe she could be reasoned with...

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:OOC: Rezua, You did not specify if the officers in the cars were dead or not, so I assumed they were still alive.

The leader looked at her and nodded "I'll give you some credit for actually stepping away from those pigs. But not much lesbian princess." The man gave her a dirty look and kept walking. As the Rezuans ordered to guard Sierra got out of the car they glared at the man hostility. "Backwards minded freak." one guard said to the rebel leader. He spat on the guard and said "Rhodeve slave." The 3 rebels got into the BTR after all guns were dumped out. Then they drove off to see Ymira. The two guards got into two different gunning positions, Sierra to the left of one so she could speak to the rebels. A woman with black hair and piecing grey eyes walked forward. She had a knife strapped to her thighs and had a police Fiver-Seven in a hip holster and a revolver in a shoulder strap. "'I'm the second in command, what do you have to say Rhodeve princess?" This woman seemed to have a less personal hate for Sierra and Ymira, maybe she could be reasoned with...

"All I have to say, is that you have killed off innocent people for doing their jobs. If you wanted to hurt someone, hurt someone that actually is the reason for your struggles. If you think that is me, then hit me. If you think that is Hanji, take out the rest of her forces. If you think that is Ymira, then I would assume you are not fully aware of what she has done to help Rezua stay afloat, behind the scenes. But, for now. Lock me away or talk to me. It is all up to you."

Sierra did not show any sign of being scared, but at the same time, she did not show any sign of trying to take control over the situation.
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"All I have to say, is that you have killed off innocent people for doing their jobs. If you wanted to hurt someone, hurt someone that actually is the reason for your struggles. If you think that is me, then hit me. If you think that is Hanji, take out the rest of her forces. If you think that is Ymira, then I would assume you are not fully aware of what she has done to help Rezua stay afloat, behind the scenes. But, for now. Lock me away or talk to me. It is all up to you."

Sierra did not show any sign of being scared, but at the same time, she did not show any sign of trying to take control over the situation.

Someone from the crowd whispered "Let's hit her." A guard answered "Anyone one who advances toward the princess or attacks her will be dead. And trust me, Hans and I don't miss and have 30 shots each. We'll probably kill half of you all. And your peashooting .22s will not piece our kevlar so expect a second magazine to be shot." There was angry whispers from the crowd and a few sounds rang out (causing the Hans to pull Sierra into cover). "Enough!" the woman called. The crowd's wraith died down and the woman crossed her arms and said "Alright, we lowered our guns now lower yours." The two men looked at each other and lowered their weapons. The woman nodded and walked forward, casting aside her guns and knife. she was 8 feet from Sierra. "So you know the Empress best. Please tell me her goals to restore Rezua are and what her view of us is."
Last edited by Rezua on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Rezua wrote:Someone from the crowd whispered "Let's hit her." A guard answered "Anyone one who advances toward the princess or attacks her will be dead. And trust me, Hans and I don't miss and have 30 shots each. We'll probably kill half of you all. And your peashooting .22s will not piece our kevlar so expect a second magazine to be shot." There was angry whispers from the crowd and a few sounds rang out (causing the Hans to pull Sierra into cover). "Enough!" the woman called. The crowd's wraith died down and the woman crossed her arms and said "Alright, we lowered our guns now lower yours." The two men looked at each other and lowered their weapons. The woman nodded and walked forward, casting aside her guns and knife. she was 8 feet from Sierra. "So you know the Empress best. Please tell me her goals to restore Rezua are and what her view of us is."

"Ymira talks about her people the same way that Queen Diana does. As though they are her children. Any fault that happens with them, she takes directly as a fault to herself. Thought you needed to know that first off. Now, her plans to restore Rezua. I don't know them all, I may be close with her, but she is a world leader and does keep secrets. The same way I do."

Sierra looked around the area. Cars on fire, windows smashed and people looking battered and torn up. "What I do know, is that Ymira has been making hundreds of calls every day making sure that medical teams from around Rezua are moved to places that are in need of medical assistance. People are being put to work rebuilding after the war. She has made it very clear to us that she does not want our soldiers to do the work for you. She wants the rebuilding effort to unite all of Rezua once again. The same way, she has told me she is not rebuilding her home until the rest of the city is fixed. Even now, half of it is being used as a battery and generator for the hospital and other essential buildings nearby."

Sierra looked at the second in command straight in the eyes. Looking at her like an equal, not as a superior or any lesser than she was herself. "Now, do you want to find a place to sit and talk? I will openly answer any question you ask me. (OOC: be logical)"
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:Someone from the crowd whispered "Let's hit her." A guard answered "Anyone one who advances toward the princess or attacks her will be dead. And trust me, Hans and I don't miss and have 30 shots each. We'll probably kill half of you all. And your peashooting .22s will not piece our kevlar so expect a second magazine to be shot." There was angry whispers from the crowd and a few sounds rang out (causing the Hans to pull Sierra into cover). "Enough!" the woman called. The crowd's wraith died down and the woman crossed her arms and said "Alright, we lowered our guns now lower yours." The two men looked at each other and lowered their weapons. The woman nodded and walked forward, casting aside her guns and knife. she was 8 feet from Sierra. "So you know the Empress best. Please tell me her goals to restore Rezua are and what her view of us is."

"Ymira talks about her people the same way that Queen Diana does. As though they are her children. Any fault that happens with them, she takes directly as a fault to herself. Thought you needed to know that first off. Now, her plans to restore Rezua. I don't know them all, I may be close with her, but she is a world leader and does keep secrets. The same way I do."

Sierra looked around the area. Cars on fire, windows smashed and people looking battered and torn up. "What I do know, is that Ymira has been making hundreds of calls every day making sure that medical teams from around Rezua are moved to places that are in need of medical assistance. People are being put to work rebuilding after the war. She has made it very clear to us that she does not want our soldiers to do the work for you. She wants the rebuilding effort to unite all of Rezua once again. The same way, she has told me she is not rebuilding her home until the rest of the city is fixed. Even now, half of it is being used as a battery and generator for the hospital and other essential buildings nearby."

Sierra looked at the second in command straight in the eyes. Looking at her like an equal, not as a superior or any lesser than she was herself. "Now, do you want to find a place to sit and talk? I will openly answer any question you ask me. (OOC: be logical)"

"Sure let's talk in the restaurant over there. In view of the window of course." The woman led Sierra into the restaurant called "Morning Diner". The woman sat back in a chair and motioned for Sierra to sit to. "I used to come here to eat every morning. I was a secretary once...but then those tsarists came and ruined everything. Call me Jägerin by the way, everyone else does." Jägerin stopped to lit a cigarette (offering Sierra one and a drink) and poured some drink into a glass from a flash from her coat. "You see, Sierra-if I may call you that-, it's not that I dislike Ymira or you. Nor did I dislike those officers my people burned earlier. Or that police commander. The problem is that I can't keep waiting. See, I can't just wait for Rezua to rebuild, that's going to take time. And I want some money for my work not minimum wage worker's jobs, I am a skilled worker. Ophion offers all that. Rezua gets rebuilt faster and if we are part of the trade agreement then we'll get all our imports without taxes. I know this is going to sound hypercritical but we both know the people out there was probably uneducated. That's why the Ophion education system is needed, to educate people so they don't riot. I was leading a peaceful protest when this happened. I feel...bad to an extent. Like the I'm the tsarist now. I mean I need stuff but it's just not going to be done as fast as I need it." She paused to take a drink and continued "Now that my people burned those officers I'm worried I can't push things back into a peaceful protest. How can I appeal to Ymira to get my needs and their needs met now that this happened. I mean without Ophion who will and how is this doing to get done. That's why these folks will vote for Ethan Miron, a push for Ophion."

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:03 pm

"Do you have the number for the hospital?" asked Supreme Onerius.
"Yes, and you may call whenever you are ready," said the supreme's Assistant in Office Management Victoria Carlson.
"I am ready now, thank you, Victoria," stated Supreme Onerius.
He dialed the phone number and waited. He had to call a couple of times. The lines would probably be busy. The last time he called, he asked to speak to Empress Ymira, that he was the supreme of Zanera, that he could send the doctor a pen from the Znaerian government to prove it, and that it was urgent and needed to be done immediately.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Zanera wrote:"Do you have the number for the hospital?" asked Supreme Onerius.
"Yes, and you may call whenever you are ready," said the supreme's Assistant in Office Management Victoria Carlson.
He dialed the phone number and waited. He had to call a couple of times. The lines would probably be busy. The last time he called, he asked to speak to Empress Ymira, that he was the supreme of Zanera, that he could send the doctor a pen from the Znaerian government to prove it, and that it was urgent and needed to be done immediately.

Leaving Reichog
Sasha decided to call the Empress to explain the deal "Hello? Ma'am?" The empress' voice came loud and clear through her earpiece "What is it?" Sasha adjusted volume a bit "Ma'am I regret to inform you that two Rezuan soldiers and Princess Heir Abrams have stayed behind in the Reichog District. As not hostages but um...as a trade..." Ymira's voice came through hostilely "Sasha they'd better be alive when we pick them up. Or else it's your job." Sasha shallowed nervously, her friend's threat wasn't a lie. "She's okay ma'am. Anyway I have the rebel leader with me, he wishes to speak with you in person, so we're bringing him here. He's unarmed as are we." Ymira said "Okay, send him in when he gets here."

Ymira hung up annoyed "Do you see what I put up with Christina? I'm not paid enough...oh wait I'm already working for half my pay to help rebuild...god these people are ungrateful. And now they have Sierra, just another thing to use against me. You know...I'll think I'll join Ophion just to shut 'em up. Then just wait until they start complaining." Christina nodded and listened to her sister's rant. Ymira wasn't herself. "Christina form a guard to receive this rebel leader." Christina nodded "Yes milord." From the hall Ymira heard "Mr. Onerius that will not be necessary." the secretary said "Please wait while I direct your call to the Empress' room." Ymira's phone hung again.

"Hello? Supreme Onerius, what is it that you need me for?"

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:"Do you have the number for the hospital?" asked Supreme Onerius.

Leaving Reichog
Sasha decided to call the Empress to explain the deal "Hello? Ma'am?" The empress' voice came loud and clear through her earpiece "What is it?" Sasha adjusted volume a bit "Ma'am I regret to inform you that two Rezuan soldiers and Princess Heir Abrams have stayed behind in the Reichog District. As not hostages but um...as a trade..." Ymira's voice came through hostilely "Sasha they'd better be alive when we pick them up. Or else it's your job." Sasha shallowed nervously, her friend's threat wasn't a lie. "She's okay ma'am. Anyway I have the rebel leader with me, he wishes to speak with you in person, so we're bringing him here. He's unarmed as are we." Ymira said "Okay, send him in when he gets here."

Ymira hung up annoyed "Do you see what I put up with Christina? I'm not paid enough...oh wait I'm already working for half my pay to help rebuild...god these people are ungrateful. And now they have Sierra, just another thing to use against me. You know...I'll think I'll join Ophion just to shut 'em up. Then just wait until they start complaining." Christina nodded and listened to her sister's rant. Ymira wasn't herself. "Christina form a guard to receive this rebel leader." Christina nodded "Yes milord." From the hall Ymira heard "Mr. Onerius that will not be necessary." the secretary said "Please wait while I direct your call to the Empress' room." Ymira's phone hung again.

"Hello? Supreme Onerius, what is it that you need me for?"

"I have decided to ask for access to your public televisions. I would like to make an announcement to your rioting citizens. A riot can be a very dangerous thing, and can lead to the destruction of half a city and the deaths of many, worst case scenario, if we don't expect a revolution, which is highly unlikely according to our models. You are rebuilding, so you cannot afford this. I could have gained access without your or anyone else's permission, but I felt that was rude. Our professional hackers saw you are throwing up firewalls. You are rebuilding well, and I do not want a bunch of rioting citizens to destroy what is left of a destroyed but rebuilding country."

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:55 pm

*deleted*

My computer has problems...
Last edited by Zanera on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Ymira's face contorted into a snarl "Excuse me? First of all, did you just say you don't need my permission to broadcast in MY country? That your hackers already tested my firewalls? Perhaps you have forgotten that I am still a legitimate ruler and that Rezua is still a sovereign nation. If you ever try to hack my broadcasting stations again, I'll know about it. And when I do you'll end up in a cyber intelligence war with the Empire of Rezua. Is that clear? And second, My nation isn't a destroyed nation! So stop treating it like one! My country isn't some crappy 3rd world tin can that you may kick around to your heart's content." Ymira's rant was interrupted by coughing and the voices of scrambling nurses "Oh, calm down I'm fine. My lungs are going to explode, get out of here." An angry sigh. Now a tired and worn out voice "Anyway, you want to make a speech to "console" the rioters. Fine. You get one broadcast that we shall transmit. One. I'll tell you this now though, if they don't stop rioting I'll not only turn off their electricity, I'll also stop all funding going to them to rebuild and to help those in need."
Last edited by Rezua on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Rezua wrote:Ymira's face contorted into a snarl "Excuse me? First of all, did you just say you don't need my permission to broadcast in MY country? That your hackers already tested my firewalls? Perhaps you have forgotten that I am still a legitimate ruler and that Rezua is still a sovereign nation. If you ever try to hack my broadcasting stations again, I'll know about it. And when I do you'll end up in a cyber intelligence war with the Empire of Rezua. Is that clear? And second, My nation isn't a destroyed nation! So stop treating it like one! My country isn't some crappy 3rd world tin can that you may kick around to your heart's content." Ymira's rant was interrupted by coughing and the voices of scrambling nurses "Oh, calm down I'm fine. My lungs are going to explode, get out of here." An angry sigh. Now a tired and worn out voice "Anyway, you want to make a speech to "console" the rioters. Fine. You get one broadcast that we shall transmit. One. I'll tell you this now though, if they don't stop rioting I'll not only turn off their electricity, I'll also stop all funding going to them to rebuild and to help those in need."

Supreme Onerius sighed. Young people, he thought. "No, no, no, if you'd been listening, I said my professional hackers were observing your security programs. Actually, they are in a message room with me, and one is giving a thumbs up and 'much respect' for your security. I didn't hack them. Well, the hackers didn't hack them. Anyways, since it seems your memory has failed I said your citizens were civilized, but were behaving very uncivilized. Not giving aid to your people still will only end badly for you, pushing them ever farther into the arms of Ophion. I heavily advise against it. An eye for an eye solves nothing. Now, you can give me that one bloody broadcast before I expend my years of experience on a very injured young empress," growled Supreme Onerius, noting the hotheadedness of this young empress.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Jamestown Journal News: Rezuan Station

Isaac Leon made a call to the major news outlet on his way to the Rezuan sub station it ran. The organization, which was busy covering the riots, was delighted to have him make a live appearance on television. They were even more delighted to find out the remarks would be made off the cuff. Without delay their local station, and international news outlet, prepared for their guess. In half an hour he was at the station. In the same suit, wearing a USJR and Alliance pin, he would make a statement to the nation of Rezua.

"Greetings people of Rezua. As some of you may know today I had the honor of meeting Empress Ymira to discuss the ongoing situation in Rezua. However our meeting was cut short when protesters attacked the royal palace. My security staff and I took shelter in a bunker in the palace after the Empress was shot. I speak for my nation and the Alliance when I say I hope for a speedy recovery for such a strong woman.

The reason why I am speaking to you is because I am horrified. Today protesters violently attacked the palace here. I do believe that every person on this planet have a right to protest. However the explicit attacks against the Palace, leading to damage, a wounded world leader and chaos is terrible. Many of these protesters seek to join the Alliance. My message is to them.

We, the Alliance, will not stand for chaos. We will not admit a country that violently attacks their leaders like savages. We have a code of conduct that we expect all member nations to uphold. This code includes the goverment protecting rights, but also stability. I understand you may not agree with the Empress, but there are other ways to go about it. People like Ethan Miron, who support joining the Alliance and today proudly stood up to violence.

This country has been through enough chaos. We are here to rebuild not destroy. Speaking to the Empress today we have agreed to further develop ties between the USJR and Rezua. That is a promise. What I can also promise is that any violence in the name of the Alliance is denounced by the Alliance. It goes against what we, as an alliance of nations, stands for. We stand for peace and cooperation. Democracy, not war.

I promise you that we, the Alliance and USJR, will help the nation of Rezua. However this is a two sided process. The nation of Rezua must also help itself.

Thank you and god bless Rezua."

The ambassador stood at the stage while the camera man gave him the all clear sign. He then walked off, fixing his cuffs.
Jamestown Journal

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

"Sure let's talk in the restaurant over there. In view of the window of course." The woman led Sierra into the restaurant called "Morning Diner". The woman sat back in a chair and motioned for Sierra to sit to. "I used to come here to eat every morning. I was a secretary once...but then those tsarists came and ruined everything. Call me Jägerin by the way, everyone else does." Jägerin stopped to lit a cigarette (offering Sierra one and a drink) and poured some drink into a glass from a flash from her coat. "You see, Sierra-if I may call you that-, it's not that I dislike Ymira or you. Nor did I dislike those officers my people burned earlier. Or that police commander. The problem is that I can't keep waiting. See, I can't just wait for Rezua to rebuild, that's going to take time. And I want some money for my work not minimum wage worker's jobs, I am a skilled worker. Ophion offers all that. Rezua gets rebuilt faster and if we are part of the trade agreement then we'll get all our imports without taxes. I know this is going to sound hypercritical but we both know the people out there was probably uneducated. That's why the Ophion education system is needed, to educate people so they don't riot. I was leading a peaceful protest when this happened. I feel...bad to an extent. Like the I'm the tsarist now. I mean I need stuff but it's just not going to be done as fast as I need it." She paused to take a drink and continued "Now that my people burned those officers I'm worried I can't push things back into a peaceful protest. How can I appeal to Ymira to get my needs and their needs met now that this happened. I mean without Ophion who will and how is this doing to get done. That's why these folks will vote for Ethan Miron, a push for Ophion."

"Well, Jagerin." Shaking her head when being offered both cigarette and drink, "Your nation has ended its civil war against the Tzarists, what 10 days ago? That is a very little time to expect change... I assume you hve read about the Rhodevus civil war?" Jagerin nodded. Sierra coughed to clear her throat, coughing into her armpit. "Well, it took Rhodevus about a year to fix the mess. This was during a world recession and we still had to fight a terrorist organization. A full year to clean up the mess of a civil war. Rhodevus is a pretty large country, so with my best estimate, Rezua should be cleaned up and back to normal in a maximum of 6 to 7 months. Minimum I would say 3-4 months."

Sierra leaned back in her chair, letting Jagerin take in this new information. Rhodevus did not have any protestors or riots in the streets, because of our history. We already know what it is like to clean up after wars in our own country. Queen Diana tells the people it will be clean in such and such a date, and people help to accomplish that goal. Be in mind, she gave a date for Rhodevus to be completely functional again about 1 months into the clean up process. Now, another reason we did not have any riots, was because we all had a common enemy still. But, Rezua does not anymore. Their common enemy was the Tzarists, but they have been defeated. So, what to do now? Make a new public enemy. And who is the easiest person to be angry at? Quite simple really, the person in charge. Who was the person that was in charge during the civil war? Who was the person in charge after it? Obviously, Empress Ymira. So now, she becomes public enemy number one, since she obviously must be the cause of the civil war."

Sierra cleared her throat once more. It was a simple tactic, allowing the listener to think on what was just said, but it was very effective. "How can Ymira listen to your needs after you murdered police officers in cold blood, and then beat the chief of police until the brink of death? Well, it is because Ymira will forgive you. Simple as that. I bet she is furious right now. But, then again, someone shot her. But, she will cool down. Many of you will get prison time for sure. I am not going to butter this up for you. I will tell you how it is. Many of you will get prison time. Your leader will get the most, for leading this, and you being second in command will get a fair amount as well. The rest of the protesters will get various amounts depending on what they each have done in the riot. But, you will all be let out of jail at one point or another, and Rezua will be fixed. Will it be part of Ophion by then? I don't know. That is not up to me. But, back to my earlier points, Ophion can help with the recovery, but the time it will take for Rezua to be as good as new once again will be counted by months, not days, as you hope."

Sierra leaned forward in her chair. "Any questions? I have promised to be completely honest with you and only tell you the truth. I am still keeping my word."
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:Ymira's face contorted into a snarl "Excuse me? First of all, did you just say you don't need my permission to broadcast in MY country? That your hackers already tested my firewalls? Perhaps you have forgotten that I am still a legitimate ruler and that Rezua is still a sovereign nation. If you ever try to hack my broadcasting stations again, I'll know about it. And when I do you'll end up in a cyber intelligence war with the Empire of Rezua. Is that clear? And second, My nation isn't a destroyed nation! So stop treating it like one! My country isn't some crappy 3rd world tin can that you may kick around to your heart's content." Ymira's rant was interrupted by coughing and the voices of scrambling nurses "Oh, calm down I'm fine. My lungs are going to explode, get out of here." An angry sigh. Now a tired and worn out voice "Anyway, you want to make a speech to "console" the rioters. Fine. You get one broadcast that we shall transmit. One. I'll tell you this now though, if they don't stop rioting I'll not only turn off their electricity, I'll also stop all funding going to them to rebuild and to help those in need."

Supreme Onerius sighed. Young people, he thought. "No, no, no, if you'd been listening, I said my professional hackers were observing your security programs. Actually, they are in a message room with me, and one is giving a thumbs up and 'much respect' for your security. I didn't hack them. Well, the hackers didn't hack them. Anyways, since it seems your memory has failed I said your citizens were civilized, but were behaving very uncivilized. Not giving aid to your people still will only end badly for you, pushing them ever farther into the arms of Ophion. I heavily advise against it. An eye for an eye solves nothing. Now, you can give me that one bloody broadcast before I expend my years of experience on a very injured young empress," growled Supreme Onerius, noting the hotheadedness of this young empress.

Ymira
"How dare you say I didn't listen when I just say you could have ONE BROADCAST!" Ymira roared "One broadcast Supreme Onerius, one broadcast. Use it wisely. Oh and I think I've got as much as experience as you. Maybe not leader but I sure as hell got you beat with my service record in the Rezuan Army." Ymira hung up and gulped down a water. Then reminder herself never to yell so much again. Ymira got a phone call telling her Lt. Commander Leonart was excepted to live. However, her right eye now had no chance of ever healing. She was blind in it for life. Ymira had to drink her water again, to fight back the tears. She'd failed yet again to help those you helped her. Christina came into the room "Ymira the rebel leader will be here in 20 minutes." Ymira nodded "Detain him on arrival." Christina saluted "Yes ma'am." Ymira then checked up on the Soviet support. The speech was nice and gave that warm fuzzy feeling. Well, just as she thought Ophion support jumped and riots had died down a bit. Sure some still raged but at least the Soviets had helped her out. But at what price...

Jagerin

Jagerin thought for a moment and smiled sadly at Sierra "I don't think you know what lies in store for me now. I helped lead a riot against the government and under my nose the crowd beat those officers and torched their cars. I didn't mean for those men and women to die, by then they were listening only to Jackson, the leader. And this happened within 6 months of a war. Do you know what that means Miss Abrams? Public execution." Jagerin let those two words sink into Sierra. "To show that if you mess with the government, treason, after a civil war is a class 5 crime in Rezua. The death sentence, and in times like these, its public."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Ymira
"How dare you say I didn't listen when I just say you could have ONE BROADCAST!" Ymira roared "One broadcast Supreme Onerius, one broadcast. Use it wisely. Oh and I think I've got as much as experience as you. Maybe not leader but I sure as hell got you beat with my service record in the Rezuan Army." Ymira hung up and gulped down a water. Then reminder herself never to yell so much again. Ymira got a phone call telling her Lt. Commander Leonart was excepted to live. However, her right eye now had no chance of ever healing. She was blind in it for life. Ymira had to drink her water again, to fight back the tears. She'd failed yet again to help those you helped her. Christina came into the room "Ymira the rebel leader will be here in 20 minutes." Ymira nodded "Detain him on arrival." Christina saluted "Yes ma'am." Ymira then checked up on the Soviet support. The speech was nice and gave that warm fuzzy feeling. Well, just as she thought Ophion support jumped and riots had died down a bit. Sure some still raged but at least the Soviets had helped her out. But at what price...

Jagerin

Jagerin thought for a moment and smiled sadly at Sierra "I don't think you know what lies in store for me now. I helped lead a riot against the government and under my nose the crowd beat those officers and torched their cars. I didn't mean for those men and women to die, by then they were listening only to Jackson, the leader. And this happened within 6 months of a war. Do you know what that means Miss Abrams? Public execution." Jagerin let those two words sink into Sierra. "To show that if you mess with the government, treason, after a civil war is a class 5 crime in Rezua. The death sentence, and in times like these, its public."

"Not if I ensure your safety. Of course, you will still be given a punishment, but if you agree to a punishment and to disperse your rioters and help the other Rezuans and Jasonians and Rhodeves clean up the city, then I will ensure all your punishments are less severe. Of course, this is a one time deal. We can negotiate terms and such, but this is my base offer. Oh, and there is a great chance that Ymira will publicly execute Jackson even if we agree on a deal. I will do whatever I can to help you, but there are some things out of my control." Sierra let Jagerin think over her offer.

"Until we are done, I WOULD like for my guards and your people to get the remainders of the police officers out of the cars and get them prepared for burial by their peers. Whats done is done. Now we must all look towards the future."
She/Her

Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents