NATION

PASSWORD

A Piece of the Past, Come Forth to Haunt Us [FT] OOC-Signups

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Creataris
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Creataris » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Now that I think about it, I will need a justification as to how the war started besides 'break the backs of this inferior race and take them as slaves'. Perhaps the translation program sent over at first contact (to demand a surrender anyway) was construed as an electronic warfare attack due to the fact that the New Creatarisian translation matrix tends to rampage through a computer system until it finds the targets translation matrix to merge with. This justifies both sides as both think they were attack for no reason, New Creatarisians are arrogant and believe themselves above others with any messages they send being gifts whilst OS gets to say they were unjustly attacked.
The only puppet of Creataris that I've yet had time to say that it is.

Free Terra
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:12 pm

So long as there is a valid casus belli, then I'm alright with it.
Also, I rewatched some of 2199 last night and got sad because it felt like a last hurrah for the franchise.
DEFCON:
0: [ ] CLASSIFIED
1: [ ] FIRST STRIKE AUTHORIZED
2: [ ] TOTAL WAR
3: [X] WAR
4: [ ] DIPLOMATIC CONFLICT
5: [ ] PEACE
MT/PMT
Intervention in Cypriot-Rhodes: Pro-IUN Regime Elected, Cypriot-Rhodes Dissolved as a Nation within months due to externally funded coup attempts. Refugees hosted in Free Terra, region currently in anarchy.
Wars of 2060-2070: Won
2075 Intervention in Isposito: Ongoing
2075 Philippine Sea Policing Action: Ongoing

Tech: Postmodern
Former Premier of The Union of Red Nations, New General Secretary of The Union of Red Nations
If I used NS Stats the fairness breaks. I'm as far along as the guys in "Antiquity" were when I joined.
Founder and Permanent Member of the International Union of Nations
No, I haven't given up on The Glorious Terran Empire

New Creataris
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Creataris » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Free Terra wrote:So long as there is a valid casus belli, then I'm alright with it.
Also, I rewatched some of 2199 last night and got sad because it felt like a last hurrah for the franchise.

My fave scene had to be when Gimleh died the, most casual death for a man who flexed a pinkie and killed millions for even the tiniest of slights (like Cartagia on steroids).

The Predator Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Predator Federation » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Guys?
TG Me, I love telegrams #GamerGate
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Sadly, we must decline. There are already enough nations involve, though if there is an opening, you will be contacted.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT
Intervention in Cypriot-Rhodes: Pro-IUN Regime Elected, Cypriot-Rhodes Dissolved as a Nation within months due to externally funded coup attempts. Refugees hosted in Free Terra, region currently in anarchy.

Former Premier of The Union of Red Nations, New General Secretary of The Union of Red Nations
If I used NS Stats the fairness breaks. I'm as far along as the guys in "Antiquity" were when I joined.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 am

Sorry about the shortish post.

I figured I can't keep you guys waiting much longer, so I posted what I had, albeit not as good as I would like.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Senata Populus Que Caelum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:19 am

OS, this war has been going on for some 27 years tooth and nail protecting your only inhabited system (presumably other mining systems) before we warp jumped in. Is this post referring to your first contact with the invaders or is this present day? Because presumably your entire system would be devoted wholly to defending what was left of your planets that haven't been crushed by asteroids. From my understanding your planets would be varying degrees of Stalingrad circa 1942 by the time our probe arrives and broadcasts. I realize it's WIP but I figure I better raise the issue now.

Same goes with Creataris. Presumably there would be some stalemate going on for the war to have lasted this long, some battle of attrition or that your alien species doesn't care about time nearly as much as humans. For this to have gone on for so long there would be a very defined no mans land where neither side has the strength to break the stalemate.

Thoughts?

New Creataris
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Creataris » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:41 am

The New Creatarisian army and navy assets in the system are deliberately moving slowly and could break the stalemate but at high cost so to minimize losses they are breaking the spirit of the defenders, hence the delivery of massive bullet shaped ICBMs known as Planet bombs.

If that post is from when the others arrive then your cities will look rather like Dresden circa 15th February 1945 with another seven asteroids on the way. Asteroid bombings will be my common form of bombardment with the rare planet bomb thrown in.

If OS loses its fleet and all reinforcements the invasion of their homeworld would look rather like this clip, minus the psychopath in charge of elite forces. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWfu3STLtQ Those are planet bombs that are exploding over the cities, to my knowledge not many were deployed against Earth as they were likely expensive strategic weapons and most attacks were asteroid bombs.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:05 pm

Senata Populus Que Caelum wrote:OS, this war has been going on for some 27 years tooth and nail protecting your only inhabited system (presumably other mining systems) before we warp jumped in. Is this post referring to your first contact with the invaders or is this present day? Because presumably your entire system would be devoted wholly to defending what was left of your planets that haven't been crushed by asteroids. From my understanding your planets would be varying degrees of Stalingrad circa 1942 by the time our probe arrives and broadcasts. I realize it's WIP but I figure I better raise the issue now.

Same goes with Creataris. Presumably there would be some stalemate going on for the war to have lasted this long, some battle of attrition or that your alien species doesn't care about time nearly as much as humans. For this to have gone on for so long there would be a very defined no mans land where neither side has the strength to break the stalemate.

Thoughts?

This isn't my only inhabited system. It's considered an outer colony. If that's what is going on, then I'll have to retcon about everything that I've posted so far. But, yes, that post is jumping between particular times. I'll detail it further later.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:25 pm

I would up-play the desolation and destruction of the planet more by the time we arrive in the post. It'd also help if you would give us a notice when the post is complete as it doesn't email us for edits as opposed to a new post.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

New Creataris
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Creataris » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Waiting on you OS to finish that post and indicate what time-frame the pieces are in before I post a response.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:08 am

Alright. I've just lost a pretty good post edit, so sorry gents, it might not be today, but there will be progress. SoonTM
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:29 am

So how are we all doing?
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:34 am

Free Terra wrote:So how are we all doing?

Fairly good. I've just finished taking a placement test, so I've been pretty busy as of late.

But, I've moved my writing off of NS to MS Word for Safekeeping, albeit it might take longer.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:37 am

How much longer, do you reckon?
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:39 am

Free Terra wrote:How much longer, do you reckon?

Two-Three Days?

There's going to be a pretty-big ass storm in my area soon, so my internet will be spotty at best.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:40 am

Alrighty then. Just don't want this to die as the story is just beginning.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:35 pm

I am checking for posts once a day. I'm certainly not out of it

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Done.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:53 am

Post up.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

New Creataris
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Creataris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Just so you know, the Hyperspatial Sonar can detect your ships despite your stealth. We can use anything from your synapses firing to your ship generatings power to triangulate its location through the ripples that creates at the lowest levels in subspace. Problem is though that I have to keep pinging your ships and have the planet based arrays to do so.

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:16 pm

The Sagittarius itself is off-field, the QCOMM probes are the only thing in the area of half an AU. They better be trying damn hard to find that little sucker, wanted it as safe as possible, as it's a key plot point to most of my FT stuff. I'd appreciate it if it weren't in the action.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

New Creataris
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Creataris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 pm

My ships are nearing your ship but are still pretty far away as they've only piged enough for a general location so your still safe just they know where you generaly are.

Free Terra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Terra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Post up.
DEFCON:
MT/PMT

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:43 pm

New Creataris wrote:Just so you know, the Hyperspatial Sonar can detect your ships despite your stealth. We can use anything from your synapses firing to your ship generatings power to triangulate its location through the ripples that creates at the lowest levels in subspace. Problem is though that I have to keep pinging your ships and have the planet based arrays to do so.

The stealth, just like modern stuff is not a magical cloaking field. Rather it is lowered observability, against modern technology it would be near nearly completely invisible unless it silhouetted itself against a planet. Against future tech is greatly reduces detection range against the electro-magnetic spectrum. Gravitometric readings would still be able to roughly identify the general area of the ships however, even at great range depending on how sophisticated the gravmeter is

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents