NATION

PASSWORD

The Organization of Democracies International Events

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 am

Troops have finished their march through CP territory and are now preparing for an assault on Louisiana. Mathensville 'Defense' Fleet will be moving in for support.

Using similar tactics for the attacks, we will be sending troops through Louisiana. We will attack Clinton, St. Francisville, Zachary, then Baton Rouge. From there we will go to Port Allen, Plaquomine, Lafeyyete, Brussard, Kaplan, Abbeville, and then toPort Arthur, Texas.
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Strongate
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Strongate » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 am

Commandin Pillotus wrote:This is a 'war' 'forum' for my region, the Org Dem.
Any technology that was developed after December 31, 1999 must be explained
Basically, the application process goes as follows:
List your nation name
List anything that might make your roleplaying unconventional (non-capitalist government, super militarization, etc.)
Claim your territory
Provide detailed descriptions of military assets (as well as your military's rules of engagement)
If questioned, provide energy resources

Now, there will be some departures from what normally occurs on our things.
First of all, I'm implementing a new system for determining military size. I'm tired of "Well NSEconomy says this, NSEconomy says that". Your military's size will depend mostly on the percentage of your budget going towards defense, and population. If you have a better economy, and you are a capitalist nation, you can boost that.
So, how you determine the number of active military:
If 0-10% of your budget goes to military, 1% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 11-25% of your budget goes to military, 3% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 26-35% of your budget goes to military, 5% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 36-45% of your budget goes to military, 7% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 46-65% of your budget goes to military, 10% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 66- 74% of your budget goes to military, 12% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 75% or above goes to military, 25% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
Economic boosts
If your nation has below reasonable economy, you get no economic bonuses
If your nation has a reasonable, fair, or good economy, you get 2% added to the percentage of people in your military
If your nation has a strong, very strong, or thriving economy, you get 3% added to the percentage of people in your military
If your nation has a powerhouse, frightening, or all-consuming economy, you get 5% added to the percentage of people in your military
Other Boosts
If your nation has compulsory military service for any amount of time, add 2% to the percentage of people in your military
Unconventional government types don't go off of this scale. If you have a non-conventional government, please state what makes your numbers more or less
If you would like to argue that you would have more because of this or that, please state why you think this makes your numbers more or less

I also have another concept to add: Drill nations
Drill nations take up no literal space, and don't formally exist. Drill nations can attack, but can't be attacked. Their attacks won't have any real world effect on the nation it attacks. You can request that a drill nation attack you if you want to test your nation's readiness for attack.

Combat
Wartime-
-Any hostile soldier, mercenary, or otherwise hostile government employed, utilized, and/or allied person/vehicle/animal is considered an armed threat under any circumstances
-Any civilian attempting to use deadly force against Ranorian assets/assets allied to Ranoria is considered an armed threat
-Any non-Ranorian or or non-a allied vehicle, animal, aerial vehicle, or ship is considered an armed threat
-All threats must be eliminated as quickly as possible
Peacetime-
-If any party refuses to respond for a fifteen minute period or shows signs of aggression, they are to be considered a threat
-Any military asset affiliated with another that is deemed a threat is also deemed a threat
-any person attempting to use deadly force is a threat
-any threat must be assessed. If assessment finds them dangerous, they are to be eliminated.

Collateral Damage-
-Damage to hostile nations is pivotal in the war effort.
-Take any usable resources you can(food, fuel, water, etc), destroy any and all means of production.
-Destroy any and all means of transportation.
-Any of these is considered null if ordered by a commanding officer or High Command, may also be ordered null in certain scenarios.
Infantry
I have a total of 11.3 million troops
Primary Armaments(One each)-
Ranorian SM 1.04
Accuracy Iternational L115
CETME AMELI
JAvelin Rcoket Launchers
Starstreak Missile Launchers

Secondary Armaments(One each)
Python Revolver
ASP

Equipment(All)
Aspirin bottle
Deal With It style sunglasses
Liquid Armor(Full Body)
Fragmentation Grenades
Russian Stick Grenades
Flashabngs
Medikit(Ranorian Model)
Armored Division-
Leopard 2 Tanks-15,000
HUMVEEs-3 million
Avenger HUMVEEs-12,000
LAV III-1,500
Chevy Silverado-875,000
Air Force
MiG 1.44/MFI-12
B-2 Bomber-4
B-52 Stratofortress-18
Navy-
Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer-3
Territory-
I claim the territory of Argentina
Other
We have various military satellites with various forms of detection and scanning
Last edited by Strongate on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Recluse nation that just doesn't care

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:36 pm

We are proposing a military alliance between Ranoria and Strongate.

- If one nation goes to war, the other shall join on the side of said nation.

- Ranoria will grant financial assistance if needed.

- Any and all Technology shall be shared freely.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Auth
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auth » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Ok so commandin is going to talk to you about what turn based means. I will address your tech and supply issues.

My lasers and commandin pillotus's javelins kill your tanks when they try to breach the border.

Your glasgows dont have a power source able to move them and they would collapse the ground beneath them.

Your oil pipelines are cut and you have no reliable source of oil.

You can send up planes without them being shot down by my missile subs.

Any objections?

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Auth wrote:Ok so commandin is going to talk to you about what turn based means. I will address your tech and supply issues.

My lasers and commandin pillotus's javelins kill your tanks when they try to breach the border.

Your glasgows dont have a power source able to move them and they would collapse the ground beneath them.

Any objections?

You're cute.
Lasers? Hilarious. Within a hundred yards is a football field, and that's big, not to mention slow fire rate.
Glasgows I agree with, I was baiting you to post again with those.
What Javelins? I bombed his trenches to smithereens before deploying troops.
You can't accurately target my pipelines with no completely accurate coordinates, and I STILL have cracking with trucks for short range.
MiG 1.44s are extremely fast and they, along with B-2s, are stealth aircraft. How do you detect them?
Lumi is my NS mom

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Auth wrote:Ok so commandin is going to talk to you about what turn based means. I will address your tech and supply issues.

Any objections?

OOC-Also, I do believe we had some sort of thing on traveling but Whatevs, it is turn based, he had an oppertunity to counter and he didn't, so my troops got where they were going. Those were basically time-killer posts.
Last edited by Ranoria on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Strongate
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Strongate » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 am

Ranoria wrote:We are proposing a military alliance between Ranoria and Strongate.

- If one nation goes to war, the other shall join on the side of said nation.

- Ranoria will grant financial assistance if needed.

- Any and all Technology shall be shared freely.

I accept the Ranorian alliance

Strongate
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Strongate » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:49 am

Strongate Troops are moving north, pushing through Columbia, Brazil, and into Panama to attack Commandin Pillotus. Satellites are being used to identify weapon depots and MiG 1.44s are being used to strike at them. Troops are trained in stealth tactics in the jungle, and will fire from there to eliminate any resistance before continuing, along with MiG strikes throughout the cities/communities.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am

Manufacturing another 10,000 Apache Longbows, 2,500 Chinooks, and 3,500 Blackhawk Helicopters for quick troops deployment in jungle combat.
Lumi is my NS mom

Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Strongate wrote:Strongate Troops are moving north, pushing through Columbia, Brazil, and into Panama to attack Commandin Pillotus. Satellites are being used to identify weapon depots and MiG 1.44s are being used to strike at them. Troops are trained in stealth tactics in the jungle, and will fire from there to eliminate any resistance before continuing, along with MiG strikes throughout the cities/communities.

So, first, you have to push through Auth to reach me from the south. I don't see that happening, as his soldiers are better equipped and better trained than yours, and they know the land. Then you have to actually attack me, and again, my soldiers are better equipped and better trained, and they know the land.
Hello, I see you're reading this. If you're running an RP and you need some help getting players, post a request here!

For reference, I'd like to say that I'm in the Central Standard time zone.

Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Ranoria wrote:Troops have finished their march through CP territory and are now preparing for an assault on Louisiana. Mathensville 'Defense' Fleet will be moving in for support.

Using similar tactics for the attacks, we will be sending troops through Louisiana. We will attack Clinton, St. Francisville, Zachary, then Baton Rouge. From there we will go to Port Allen, Plaquomine, Lafeyyete, Brussard, Kaplan, Abbeville, and then toPort Arthur, Texas.

That's bullshit and you know it. Your forces would have been pushed back and your planes would have been destroyed, so bombing attempts would have failed. I don't see where your source is on the inaccuracy of the laser. Such devices are capable of being deadly accurate. The 100 yard accuracy on the hubble telescope may not be accurate on this scale, but on the large scale it's used at, it's like stabbing a single cell in the body of an elephant. Auth, using similar tech, could easily calibrate it to be similarly accurate over the short distance of the atmosphere to the ground.
Hello, I see you're reading this. If you're running an RP and you need some help getting players, post a request here!

Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Strongate wrote:Strongate Troops are moving north, pushing through Columbia, Brazil, and into Panama to attack Commandin Pillotus. Satellites are being used to identify weapon depots and MiG 1.44s are being used to strike at them. Troops are trained in stealth tactics in the jungle, and will fire from there to eliminate any resistance before continuing, along with MiG strikes throughout the cities/communities.

Also, with Auth's stuff in orbit, your satellites would be destroyed as soon as they reached the atmosphere making identifying weapons depots effectively impossible.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Commandin Pillotus wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Troops have finished their march through CP territory and are now preparing for an assault on Louisiana. Mathensville 'Defense' Fleet will be moving in for support.

That's bullshit and you know it. Your forces would have been pushed back and your planes would have been destroyed, so bombing attempts would have failed. I don't see where your source is on the inaccuracy of the laser. Such devices are capable of being deadly accurate. The 100 yard accuracy on the hubble telescope may not be accurate on this scale, but on the large scale it's used at, it's like stabbing a single cell in the body of an elephant. Auth, using similar tech, could easily calibrate it to be similarly accurate over the short distance of the atmosphere to the ground.

Actually, Auth said himself 100 yards, and he can get 50 shots off per 90 minutes max. I know that it's extremely accurate, but it isn't enough.
And how the hell would you take down my planes? I have seen no tech capable of detecting either my B-2s OR my MiG 1.44s, and you didn't really post anything to counter them, now did you? And once again, the only force you repelled was what? 20,000 troops, then I bombed your trenches until there was nothing left and marched across.
Last edited by Ranoria on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Also, with Auth's stuff in orbit, your satellites would be destroyed as soon as they reached the atmosphere making identifying weapons depots effectively impossible.

Ring there too. He never said he would take down Strongate's, so...
Yeah.
Lumi is my NS mom

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:07 pm

So, first, you have to push through Auth to reach me from the south. I don't see that happening, as his soldiers are better equipped and better trained than yours, and they know the land. Then you have to actually attack me, and again, my soldiers are better equipped and better trained, and they know the land.

As for this, Auth's men aren't all that well equipped, plus if you read he's going at the weapons depots first. That's where they get weapons. Sure, if firearms are legal as household armaments, many will have them, and if not a few will still have them, but I also haven't seen that they are trained any better, lol.
Lumi is my NS mom

Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Commandin Pillotus wrote:That's bullshit and you know it. Your forces would have been pushed back and your planes would have been destroyed, so bombing attempts would have failed. I don't see where your source is on the inaccuracy of the laser. Such devices are capable of being deadly accurate. The 100 yard accuracy on the hubble telescope may not be accurate on this scale, but on the large scale it's used at, it's like stabbing a single cell in the body of an elephant. Auth, using similar tech, could easily calibrate it to be similarly accurate over the short distance of the atmosphere to the ground.

Actually, Auth said himself 100 yards, and he can get 50 shots off per 90 minutes max. I know that it's extremely accurate, but it isn't enough.
And how the hell would you take down my planes? I have seen no tech capable of detecting either my B-2s OR my MiG 1.44s, and you didn't really post anything to counter them, now did you? And once again, the only force you repelled was what? 20,000 troops, then I bombed your trenches until there was nothing left and marched across.

NOWHERE does he say 100 yards, I checked. Now, onto what shot your planes down; lasers. Even if it didn't cause your plane to be completely destroyed, it takes very little to make planes like that crash.

Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Ranoria wrote:Actually, Auth said himself 100 yards, and he can get 50 shots off per 90 minutes max. I know that it's extremely accurate, but it isn't enough.

NOWHERE does he say 100 yards, I checked. Now, onto what shot your planes down; lasers. Even if it didn't cause your plane to be completely destroyed, it takes very little to make planes like that crash.

I found the source of confusion. Auth said that with the data from satellites he could narrow it down to a hundred meters without radar. He has radar, which increases the accuracy.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Commandin Pillotus wrote:NOWHERE does he say 100 yards, I checked. Now, onto what shot your planes down; lasers. Even if it didn't cause your plane to be completely destroyed, it takes very little to make planes like that crash.

I found the source of confusion. Auth said that with the data from satellites he could narrow it down to a hundred meters without radar. He has radar, which increases the accuracy.

:lol2: Funny, again. The radar doesn't increase the accuracy. The computations are as accurate as they can be. It's the equipment, once again.
Let me try to explain this to you.
In a video game, say you're shooting on a plane. The guy is slightly above your aim, but he's extremely far away. You make what seems to be a tiny adjustment, but it turns out to send you way off mark.
Same concept multiplied by millions. Multiply this by planes that are extremely difficult to detect, and you've got a problem. Especially with radar. These things would leave a trail of heat greater than their own, making it difficult to pick them up on the radar.
Not to mention that to pick them out with basic cameras, or with said radar issue, he'd need a human trigger, which he has said repeatedly is unreliable.
Lumi is my NS mom

Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:03 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Commandin Pillotus wrote:I found the source of confusion. Auth said that with the data from satellites he could narrow it down to a hundred meters without radar. He has radar, which increases the accuracy.

:lol2: Funny, again. The radar doesn't increase the accuracy. The computations are as accurate as they can be. It's the equipment, once again.
Let me try to explain this to you.
In a video game, say you're shooting on a plane. The guy is slightly above your aim, but he's extremely far away. You make what seems to be a tiny adjustment, but it turns out to send you way off mark.
Same concept multiplied by millions. Multiply this by planes that are extremely difficult to detect, and you've got a problem. Especially with radar. These things would leave a trail of heat greater than their own, making it difficult to pick them up on the radar.
Not to mention that to pick them out with basic cameras, or with said radar issue, he'd need a human trigger, which he has said repeatedly is unreliable.

First, basic cameras? Really?
Secondly, the visual data gives him the 100m zone, radar pinpoints things such as planes or tanks.

Auth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Auth » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Strongate wrote:
Commandin Pillotus wrote:This is a 'war' 'forum' for my region, the Org Dem.
Any technology that was developed after December 31, 1999 must be explained
Basically, the application process goes as follows:
List your nation name
List anything that might make your roleplaying unconventional (non-capitalist government, super militarization, etc.)
Claim your territory
Provide detailed descriptions of military assets (as well as your military's rules of engagement)
If questioned, provide energy resources

Now, there will be some departures from what normally occurs on our things.
First of all, I'm implementing a new system for determining military size. I'm tired of "Well NSEconomy says this, NSEconomy says that". Your military's size will depend mostly on the percentage of your budget going towards defense, and population. If you have a better economy, and you are a capitalist nation, you can boost that.
So, how you determine the number of active military:
If 0-10% of your budget goes to military, 1% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 11-25% of your budget goes to military, 3% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 26-35% of your budget goes to military, 5% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 36-45% of your budget goes to military, 7% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 46-65% of your budget goes to military, 10% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 66- 74% of your budget goes to military, 12% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
If 75% or above goes to military, 25% of your nation's people are in the military, ready for service
Economic boosts
If your nation has below reasonable economy, you get no economic bonuses
If your nation has a reasonable, fair, or good economy, you get 2% added to the percentage of people in your military
If your nation has a strong, very strong, or thriving economy, you get 3% added to the percentage of people in your military
If your nation has a powerhouse, frightening, or all-consuming economy, you get 5% added to the percentage of people in your military
Other Boosts
If your nation has compulsory military service for any amount of time, add 2% to the percentage of people in your military
Unconventional government types don't go off of this scale. If you have a non-conventional government, please state what makes your numbers more or less
If you would like to argue that you would have more because of this or that, please state why you think this makes your numbers more or less

I also have another concept to add: Drill nations
Drill nations take up no literal space, and don't formally exist. Drill nations can attack, but can't be attacked. Their attacks won't have any real world effect on the nation it attacks. You can request that a drill nation attack you if you want to test your nation's readiness for attack.

Combat
Wartime-
-Any hostile soldier, mercenary, or otherwise hostile government employed, utilized, and/or allied person/vehicle/animal is considered an armed threat under any circumstances
-Any civilian attempting to use deadly force against Ranorian assets/assets allied to Ranoria is considered an armed threat
-Any non-Ranorian or or non-a allied vehicle, animal, aerial vehicle, or ship is considered an armed threat
-All threats must be eliminated as quickly as possible
Peacetime-
-If any party refuses to respond for a fifteen minute period or shows signs of aggression, they are to be considered a threat
-Any military asset affiliated with another that is deemed a threat is also deemed a threat
-any person attempting to use deadly force is a threat
-any threat must be assessed. If assessment finds them dangerous, they are to be eliminated.

Collateral Damage-
-Damage to hostile nations is pivotal in the war effort.
-Take any usable resources you can(food, fuel, water, etc), destroy any and all means of production.
-Destroy any and all means of transportation.
-Any of these is considered null if ordered by a commanding officer or High Command, may also be ordered null in certain scenarios.
Infantry
I have a total of 11.3 million troops
Primary Armaments(One each)-
Ranorian SM 1.04
Accuracy Iternational L115
CETME AMELI
JAvelin Rcoket Launchers
Starstreak Missile Launchers

Secondary Armaments(One each)
Python Revolver
ASP

Equipment(All)
Aspirin bottle
Deal With It style sunglasses
Liquid Armor(Full Body)
Fragmentation Grenades
Russian Stick Grenades
Flashabngs
Medikit(Ranorian Model)
Armored Division-
Leopard 2 Tanks-15,000
HUMVEEs-3 million
Avenger HUMVEEs-12,000
LAV III-1,500
Chevy Silverado-875,000
Air Force
MiG 1.44/MFI-12
B-2 Bomber-4
B-52 Stratofortress-18
Navy-
Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer-3
Territory-
I claim the territory of Argentina
Other
We have various military satellites with various forms of detection and scanning

You are in my territory. Your application is not accepted.

Auth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Auth » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

You dont exist so.

Auth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Auth » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Since multiple parties have dropped out and another is joining i propose we start a new forum. Also with this new forum i say we create a separate tech debate forum. Who is up for it?

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Auth wrote:

You dont exist so.

How is he in your territory? Argentina isn't on the Pacific Coast, and wasn't part of the Incan Empire.
Lumi is my NS mom

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Auth wrote:Since multiple parties have dropped out and another is joining i propose we start a new forum. Also with this new forum i say we create a separate tech debate forum. Who is up for it?

If CP has dropped out, then I'm ending you, then we'll make one. And lemme chek your post to make sure about the last one of mine, lol
Lumi is my NS mom

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Auth wrote:Since multiple parties have dropped out and another is joining i propose we start a new forum. Also with this new forum i say we create a separate tech debate forum. Who is up for it?

If CP has dropped out, then I'm ending you, then we'll make one. And lemme chek your post to make sure about the last one of mine, lol

And no, you don't have any territory in Argentina.
Lumi is my NS mom

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents