NATION

PASSWORD

Alea Iacta Est {IC} (Sunalaya Only, TG to Apply)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Alea Iacta Est {IC} (Sunalaya Only, TG to Apply)

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:18 pm

The Die has Been Cast
Iasonian- Sangarian War of 1805

The fires raged around Sanu, the proud and shining capital of the Sangarian Kingdom not hours ago,now a boiling mess of destruction, one man rises above the rest, the man who calls himself, "the Stormguard" referencing the old royal family of the Sanun Empire an army to claim what was "rightfully his" the year is 1814 and he readies his speech to the crowd. "1712" he begins with a simple year and everyone begins to grow quiet around his voice "the fall of the Sanun Empire, our ancestors knew it well, 102 years ago, this Empire had ruled for hundreds of years, governing our land, peace and prosperity reigned... then, it just stops, when barbarians from a far off land destroy our government and sack our cities..." the people begin to murmur in remembrance "1714, the rise of the Sanun Kingdom, a corrupt government barely capable of governing half of our old Empire..." he straightens his uniform "1789, the beginning of a revolution, the storming of the old palace." he begins to smile "1805, I, Jack Stormguard, have finally won, we stand united in our want to see the old Empire returned! we shall conquer our neighbors, who have stolen great swaths of Sanuan territory!"
The people begin to cheer "Now, stand with me!"

Jamestown
KIng's Court

Emperor Laim III sat on his golden thrown, arms on the gilded chair. He watched the crowd before him. They were of high birth, well trained in the matters of court. The room had massive windows lining the walls, allowing the sun to pour in from the southern facing windows. Beams of light flooded the white marble floor. A gold highlighted carpet ran the length of the hall. Man and woman lined the carpet as well, in their uniforms or dress. Guards stood at regular intervals along the carpet, armed with pikes and swords. Advisers stood close to the Emperor. Along the walls tapestries of the Empire's former glory. Once the Empire was the largest, most prosperous of all the world. The sun never set on it. It was the center of culture, of science and goverment policy. Then the westerners rose. Many colonies and fleets were lost by the Emperor's grandfather. But that was far away and long ago. For weeks the Empire had been on edge about another nation. One to the east.

The messageer walked in, his black boots clicking against the marble floor until he came to the rug. He kept walking in his orange pants and white military shit highlighted in brass buttons and cuffs. He had a sword and message canister by his side. He walked up to the Emperor and bowed. "M'lord, the spies report Sanu has been sacked by his grace Stormguard. He claims the throne of the south in the name of the Sanuan dynasty, a foe against our Empire. His barbaric claims are those of taking back Emperial lands of your Grace of Portville. No other reports have come from the east." The messanger stood up. The court was silent except for the cough and mummers of some. The Emperor did not look pleased. The Emperor paused for a moment. "It appears we must right the wrongs done against of allies in the east. I have waited too long to come to their aid. Our lands are threatened. Let us raise arms against them if they come to take what my grandfather claimed. General-" the Emperor looked to his right, "Prepare your men to march within the week. I shall call upon the levies of the west and military dues. You are instructed to march east and defend our lands. Await orders before invading this upstart's land." The
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:21 pm

OOC: tag. I’ll make my post at 8 tomorrow. I am a colony of Rhodevus

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Tg.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Ripuaria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Ripuaria, early 19th century
At the time, Ripuaria was a state inside the Iason Empire for over 100 years, under high autonomy but still dependent on the Empire. The person in charge of Ripuaria was called 'émiro', a word that arrived from Arabic and assimilated into Ripuarian meaning 'to command'. Ripuaria wasn't the toughest points of the Empire, the small military garrisoned there had a hard time protecting the entire land and many blind-spots where a camp can be built without anybody noticing exist.

Centest Qerd
The Royal Palace

Aħmé Abdé-nübarü, who was the émiro at the time, was usually found administering Ripuaria, or amassing personal wealth for his term was soon to end. Occasionally someone would knock on his office's door to give him more paperwork to do, but it wasn't often when someone came to speak personally with the émiro. In the early morning hours, when the émiro was still drinking his morning herbal tea, one of the messengers was there, also dining on some tea and perhaps a small piece of chocolate.
"émirat, cativat émporero agédososv. prégünav adré jévantat üa mijitara. iranos adré güro contra sangaria."
"My émiro, a message from the emperor arrived. He's asking you to raise your levy. We're going to war against Sangaria."

the émiro peacefully drank his tea, paying no attention to the messenger, for a few moments the messenger stared blindly at the émiro until he finally put his cup down. The émiro's hands shook. He looked at the messenger and said while closing his eyes:
"cé costüsan..."
"This will be costly for me..."

the émiro was known to worry about his own good. for a brief stop there, he took a deep breathe and opened his eyes, looking at the messenger. he continued:
"jévantatér ü mijitara, ayatér cammandü gabiré aj-büaŋadé adré émirav ta mijitara é aléravér ta mijitara adré té émporero."
"Rise my levy, Assigned commander Gabiré Aj-Büaŋadé to lead the army and Send the army to the emperor."

The messenger listened closely and replied:
"ay émirat."
"Aye my émiro."

He stood up from the chair and quickly headed outside. In a few days Gabiré Aj-Büaŋadé, the administrator of a region inside Ripuaria and the best general Ripuaria had, would arrive to join the Iasonian Imperial army to join the fight against Sungaria.
Last edited by Ripuaria on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Only high quality posts are provided here!*
*For complains TG me so I could ignore you :3

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:28 am

Lindenholt has been one of the strongest countries in Sunalaya, their position in the center north of the world, close to trading routes between east to west, has made them a country of trade. This has lead to the stunning wealth and affluence of the Lindian nation. With the money they got from the trade and the technologies they could build a navy, a navy that defeated Rhodevus just a few decades later. It was just 20 years ago, in the 1790's that they drained the major lakes on their island and made it fertile land. Which could feed the growing population. The mixture of eastern and western culture had lead to tolerance and respect for each other's cultures. It was the diversity of religion which made Lindenholt one of the first secular nations. This tolerance and liberal view on things made Lindenholt a save haven for scientists around the world who were harassed for their revolutionary views.

Royal Palace, Artwingen, Lindenholt
The queen, Anne I, was drinking her snarsberry tea when her oldest daughter and her husband entered the room. Her husband was general in the Lindian army, his personal guards came in and saluted the queen. They walked towards the door and guarded the three whilst they were talking.

"Ik heb net nieuws ontvangen van de andere militaire top dat het Sangarische Koninkrijk een revolutie door ging. Iemand van het oude Sanun rijk heeft de macht over genomen."
"I just received news from the other military leaders that the Sangarian Kingdom is going through a revolution. Someone from the old Sanun Empire has taken over power"

The queen was trying to block the light from coming in to her eyes, she looked at the soldier and asked:
"Kan je even je bajonet tegen de grond aan zetten, ik zie haast niks door de weerkaatsing van het licht"
"Could you please put your bayonet on the ground, I can't see anything because of the light's reflection"

The soldier nodded and put his musket on the ground

"En waarom is dit van enig belang voor mij? Het ligt immers aan de andere kant van de wereld.
"And why does this concern me? That country is on the other side of the world. She replied to her husband. She sat down again and continued with what she was doing.

^I hope that's enough for now. Nothing is happening so... yeah... :P
Last edited by Lindenholt on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:49 pm

The Republic of Rhodevus during the late 18th and early 19th centuries

The ever growing, ever expanding and ever prospering republic and empire was strong under a new dynasty. The first ever Imperial dynasty in the history of the empire, ruled over by the Hart family. The first Empress of Rhodevus, leaving behind the old and useless title of president in favour of a more important one, ruled for 40 long years, before dying peacefully in her sleep at the ripe old age of 76. The Empress passed on her title to young Montgomery Hart. A 19 year old man, already famous in the military ranks for his brutal and terrible victories in the Ispanzan Isles Uprisings as well as the capture of some 2 dozen enemy ships in the battle of Vortuga. Claiming his rightful title as Emperor over the Expansive Rhodeve Empire was a simple matter. But, now that he was in charge, he had hopes to keep his power for as long as he is able to...

Kingstown, the Imperial Palace (still in construction)
September 1805

Montgomery Hart had many children. All of them bastards since he had yet to marry. he did plan to, but not before he had settled the Maritime border disputes with young Aznazia, defeated a rebellion in Western POD and agreed to open trade with young Caldonia. He always chose to add the title Young to any nation that had split of from the Empire. Not many had, just the few kingdoms and countries on the Aznazian Island. But for him, that was already too many. Oh, he did have plans to reconquer the land, but that would be in many years. No need for immediate plans when he was so early into hid reign.

A short bowlegged minister walked through the large opening into the Emperor's main meeting room. Soon, the opening would be fitted with a grande Oak door, but until that time, the large opening would have to do. "You Majesty." The minister bowed clumsily on his weak legs, keeping a hold on his glasses, keeping them from slipping off of his long pointed nose.
"I told you. Do not call me that. That is a title meant for a king. We have no need of those here." The young Emperor said, his back turned on the minister, looking through his window, out onto the bustling city.
"Yes, your- yes. We have news from the Sanuan Region."
"Yes, yes. Have we taken any land there yet?"
"Umm, no sir. I mean yes sir." The minister stuttered. "we have a few islands and satellite states, but not any substantial territory. Your mother, as well as Presidents before her agreed that land should not be taken to heavily in that area. It is plagued with bickering, revolution and our predecessor, for when we were still a colony, sir."

The minister shook as he spoke, not liking being in the same room as a man so feared in battle. The emperor smiled, even though the minister could not see his face. "Well, I better not break poor mummy's wishes." he said sarcastically. "A war is brewing there you said? Let us send messages to these revolutionaries. Not yet, mind you. But when the time is right. After a big success or defeat in battle I should suppose. Wait until they have a reason to be noticed by an empire of our magnitude and grandeur."

"Yes, your- sir. Of course, sir. good idea sir." The minister mumbled and bumbled, and the emperor turned to face him. He had a scar across his right eye, both seemed to glow in the light. It was no wonder he was also called The Wolf. "Now, get out of my sight."

The minister backed away slowly, bowing multiple times, before leaving the doorway and rushing away.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Oblaren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Small Corwenian City

OOC: Rhodevus, name the city to fit the kind your cities would have and make sure I’m correct with how you run the colony

Drake Bishop was of Rhodeve blood and lived in the Rhodeve colony Corwen. He was called a Corwenian but decided to call himself a Rhodeve. Bishop was among a small group of “chosen ones” and was allowed to have a say in the loyal government. He was 24 and owned land, but most importantly was of Rhodeve blood and not of the Namanchian. They were long dead by now, a forget memory to all but the Rhodeve government. Of course the Rhodeve didn’t need to listen to the Corwenians but generally they tried to work with them on loyal issues. Bishop was coming before the Rhodeve today to ask about what actions were being taken on the Iasonians. Bishop was also a Rhodeve officer, a Lieutenant in the Army. His wife, Rhodeve born Catherine Barbune (her maiden name) was 26 and a respected woman in the small city for her loyalty and support of her husband’s rank in the Rhodeve Army. Bishop wore his uniform and had rode on horseback to the Rhodeve meeting hall. He knocked politely on the door and asked the man that opened it “May I speak to the governor please?"

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Oblaren wrote:Small Corwenian City

OOC: Rhodevus, name the city to fit the kind your cities would have and make sure I’m correct with how you run the colony

Drake Bishop was of Rhodeve blood and lived in the Rhodeve colony Corwen. He was called a Corwenian but decided to call himself a Rhodeve. Bishop was among a small group of “chosen ones” and was allowed to have a say in the loyal government. He was 24 and owned land, but most importantly was of Rhodeve blood and not of the Namanchian. They were long dead by now, a forget memory to all but the Rhodeve government. Of course the Rhodeve didn’t need to listen to the Corwenians but generally they tried to work with them on loyal issues. Bishop was coming before the Rhodeve today to ask about what actions were being taken on the Iasonians. Bishop was also a Rhodeve officer, a Lieutenant in the Army. His wife, Rhodeve born Catherine Barbune (her maiden name) was 26 and a respected woman in the small city for her loyalty and support of her husband’s rank in the Rhodeve Army. Bishop wore his uniform and had rode on horseback to the Rhodeve meeting hall. He knocked politely on the door and asked the man that opened it “May I speak to the governor please?"

OOC: City names are often last names of prominent people or wars. French and British sounding names are most common.
IC:

Rhodeve Colony of Corwen,
September 1805

A large burly guard did not answer the Lieutenant, even though officers outranked guards in almost every case. He slowly opened the large wooden door to The Governor's Office, formerly called the Rhodeve Meeting Hall. Bishop walked in slowly, pass the paintings of the past Presidents of the Empire, and Governor's of the colony. In between each painting was a small stool with a flower or piece of jewelry; something that the official had loved during his reign. It was a very respectful and orderly place, especially under The Governor, who prided himself in order above all else. He loved order almost as much as he loved the Rhodeve Empire, which was why he was chosen for such an important job as this. He was even tasked first hand by the Emperor Montgomery to teach the native populations and Corwenian settlers how to turn this small piece of rock into a proud and loyal province of the Republic.

"Come in." The Governor spoke quietly, making anyone listening need to strain his ears in order to hear. Yet, it was said with command and force, as befitting someone born into his position of power. As bishop entered the room, The Governor moved from his bookshelves, encompassing the surrounding walls and sat in a small leather chair, with a book in front of him. The title read A Promising Voyage: A Journey to the Heart. "o," The Governor began, while flipping open his book to a random page and carefully putting on his reading glasses. "What do you need with me... Lieutenant Bishop. And congratulations on the promotion after your defeat of the Pirate Rebellion. Quick and simple. Just how a rebellion should be put down."

Although he spoke of Bishop favourably, there was a touch of animosity in his voice, as he had hoped to command the counter-attack.
Last edited by Rhodevus on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her

Factbook

Oblaren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:15 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Oblaren wrote:Small Corwenian City

OOC: City names are often last names of prominent people or wars. French and British sounding names are most common.
IC:

Rhodeve Colony of Corwen,
September 1805

A large burly guard did not answer the Lieutenant, even though officers outranked guards in almost every case. He slowly opened the large wooden door to The Governor's Office, formerly called the Rhodeve Meeting Hall. Bishop walked in slowly, pass the paintings of the past Presidents of the Empire, and Governor's of the colony. In between each painting was a small stool with a flower or piece of jewelry; something that the official had loved during his reign. It was a very respectful and orderly place, especially under The Governor, who prided himself in order above all else. He loved order almost as much as he loved the Rhodeve Empire, which was why he was chosen for such an important job as this. He was even tasked first hand by the Emperor Montgomery to teach the native populations and Corwenian settlers how to turn this small piece of rock into a proud and loyal province of the Republic.

"Come in." The Governor spoke quietly, making anyone listening need to strain his ears in order to hear. Yet, it was said with command and force, as befitting someone born into his position of power. As bishop entered the room, The Governor moved from his bookshelves, encompassing the surrounding walls and sat in a small leather chair, with a book in front of him. The title read A Promising Voyage: A Journey to the Heart. "o," The Governor began, while flipping open his book to a random page and carefully putting on his reading glasses. "What do you need with me... Lieutenant Bishop. And congratulations on the promotion after your defeat of the Pirate Rebellion. Quick and simple. Just how a rebellion should be put down."

Although he spoke of Bishop favourably, there was a touch of animosity in his voice, as he had hoped to command the counter-attack.

The Corwenian City of Braddock

Bishop nodded his head and said “Thank you, sir. It was quite the battle.” Bishop sensed The Governor want to hear him speak quickly so he turned to his question immediately. “If it’s alright to tell me I’d like to know what’s our move against the Iasonians if any. I’ve heard rumors that they have been moving their forces around smaller nations.” Bishop tried to keep his question short, the way the Governor liked it. Bishop knew that he was currently on The Governor’s good side and didn’t want to get on his bad side. It could prove very helpful to have a governor as an ally and very unhelpful to have a governor as an enemy.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Rhodeve Colony of Corwen, Braddock
September 1805

The Governor flipped through another page in his book before sighing, closing it, putting away his reading glasses and pulling out a map of the known world. Most of it coloured red; the colour of the Empire. "These rumours you have heard are in fact true. Although no nation is yet at war, there have been large amounts of troops moving to secure and strengthen certain positions deemed favourable if and when the Iasonians are to launch attacks against their neighbours. Or, this is what the Emperor's spies have deemed appropriate to tell me at this time. For now, The Wolf has decided it is not yet right to attack or have any course of action whatsoever. He had chosen to wait to use this war to our advantage."

The Governor skimmed his hand over the map, feeling the rough brown paper, covered in ink. The map was already out of date, since it was made in the 1740s, when the troublesome Aznazians and other islanders were still part of the Empire. Although since they have left, the Rhodeve Empire has grown exponentially in other areas of the world. "But for now Lieutenant," The Governor said, putting his eyes on Bishop, "I wouldn't stray to far from your sword."

Brevin
September 1805

"We want democracy!" shouted an angry peasant waving the Rhodeve Flag. "Not this so called Emperor and his mother!"
"YA!" screamed his followers.
"Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic!" Yelled a man in the back. This was taken up as a chant, and cheering was heard throughout the city as peasants stopped working in order to pick up the flag of the republic; the same flag as the empire mind you, and march around. "Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic! Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic! Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic!" Some peasants wielded torches as day turned to night. Yet as the sun set, the crowd only grew larger. The chanting grew more furious.

Up on the hills surrounding the city, were a legion of Royal Rhodeve Mounted Police. Elite mounted units, all brandishing their swords and rifles. Dressed in their fine red uniforms, it looked like a sea of blood surrounding the poor peasant village. All wore red, save for their leader. A young woman dressed in purple. her hair tied tightly in a bun behind her. She did not brandish her sword, but left it in its scabbard on her left side. She also did not have a gun on her, for she though that guns were a senselessly painful way to kill. She raised her left hand, signalling for the cavalry to start marching into the city. They all followed her command and made sure to stay behind her and she descended in front of them. There was to be no peasant uprisings under her watch...
She/Her

Factbook

Sangaria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangaria » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Sangarian-Iasonian Border city of Riasonia
September 1805

The new Emperor easied his horse as he trotted among the large amount of troops gathered with him, all dressed in the traditional beautiful Sangarian blue and yellow uniforms, he smiled at how quickly so many people could be brought in to fight for a cause, it made his job much easier.

he began to speak "Men, Soldiers of Sangaria, and true fighters for the old Sanun Empire, the Iason Empire, has controlled the old province of Ryoshima for far to long, today we begin the journey to taking back what is ours, and reasserting our place in the world!" he held up his sword to the cheers of his men "We march for the Iasonian capital of Jamestown, we WILL make them pay for taking what is ours! now, MARCH!" he barked this order to his men, and the individual commanders in each regiment followed suit, copying the command, and the nearly 30,000 men, armed to the teeth, began the long march to Jamestown.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Capital of Zanera
March, 1805

Cordac George was preparing for his instatement. He would be the leader of the five domains of Zanera. The heads of these domains cast a vote, and had decided the zan of the Vendek Domain was to become the Norwick of Zanera. His son would take his place as zan of the Vendek Domain, so that Cordac could lead properly. He planned to add at least 500 soldiers to the army, and to have a railroad built that would span Zanera from the east and to the west. He wanted to see at least four new factories built, and decided to address the working conditions of the workers. The five zans looked to him to build up Zanera, and he would not let them think their decision was the wrong one.

Coast of Zanera: Ferrick Naval Base
September, 1805

“We have cleared an area for the show, Norwick Cordac,” said the Zanerian general Vertin Nover from the Condack District, well known for being hardy folk that can produce able soldiers.
“Excellent. Give the command,” ordered the Norwick.
The general gave the signal, and the big, well armored and well armed ship fired a broadside.
“The ship is the toughest in the Zanerian navy, newly built and able to do as much damage as it can take in. It has 20 cannons on each side, with two facing each the bow and stern. It has enough good, strong armor to take a few hits in the same area, and it is built from the toughest trees Zanera could offer. It is the best ship in the Zanerian navy, manned with the best crew, armed with the best guns, and built with the best lumber,” explained the general.
Norwick Cordac George nodded.
Last edited by Zanera on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:56 pm

75 Miles from Caprica

General Isaac had a good standard army. The Emperor's Core was a unit of troops from levies and professional fighters from around the Empire. Some wore their custom uniforms from far away lands as others wore the standard orange and white of the Emperium. From his hilltop the general and aids de camp looked at the columns of troops, horses and cannons. "The Lancers report the sighting of the enemy column twenty miles east General," the man on horseback spoke. He looked tired from a night ride to the army. We will make contact with them by noon at this rate." The man stood quite, waiting for a reply. The general looked around at the terrain. The road that ran to Caprica, at this segment, was flanked by trees and some small hills. However, the clearing was massive, nearly a mile wide and several miles long, giving way to farmhouses on rolling hills. The general turned back to the other men. "The sixteen pounders shall be setup along the hill ridge we are currently on. Put a line half way down the hill running the center of the field. Give two hundred yards clearance to the woods and keep to the hills. Have lines form up from hilltop to hilltop." The general turned back to the man who gave the report. "Tell your scouts to keep up the good work. Do what you can to harass the enemy once combat starts. Make sure they follow the road. You have your orders," The man saluted and turned in a gallop back across the field.

"I want the heavy dragoons and lancers on the flanks, just behind our main line. We must make our army look big, as we only have 25,000 men. If we starve off our foe we can get the Ripuaria Levies to reinforce our ranks. Send word to the Emperor." The general turned to see his aids disperse to give their orders. He could already picture the line of Orange Iasonians slaughtering their foes on such a peaceful past of earth.

Within the hour the Iasonian line would be set. Mostly stright it ran from hilltop to hilltop across the open field. No reports came in about the enemy movements. In the general tent Isaac waited, drinking tea. Commanders reported to him that their army formation was ready. Now it was time to wait. The general took a sip and relaxed, away from the heat.
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Sangaria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangaria » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:28 pm

80 miles from the Iasonian city of Caprica

Emperor Stormguard looked across the field from the top of the hill, a large looking Iasonian army had taken up defensive positions there. The troops began to set up their pieces of artillery on a hill to the west, he gave the orders to begin firing, and the first shots of the war rang out not seconds later. "Men, Advance!" the Emperor cried as the men cheered and followed his orders, slowly advancing across the field and arming their weapons, the Cavalry began to charge down at the enemies west flank after they left their hiding place in the trees.

The Emperor turned to his head officer Uriah Redos "Today my friend, we demonstrate to the world that we are not to be messed with, and that our enemy must surrender or be eliminated." Uriah turned to him smiling and responded "Yes my Emperor, Sangaria shall soon be unstoppable."

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 am

Caprica's Docks
General Gabiré Aj-Büaŋadé's Army

The Ripuarian army has just set off the ship onto the Iasonian mainland after a short journey through the sea. The Ripuarian levies were constructed from 2,900 cavalry units, 4,400 infantry units and 150 artillery units totaling at 7,450 units. Ripuaria's ancient armies were known to use much of horses. The units came from the émiro's personal levies, who were the best warriors in Ripuaria and the closest thing Ripuaria had for a professional army, without it Ripuaria's mainland was expeditiously weak. Ripuaria's other methods of defense mostly consisted of militia and trust in the cities' walls though the only advance polygonal fortifications were in the capital of Centest Qerd. The infantry and cavalry units were divided into regiments of a few hundred units each, while the artillery regiments consisted only a few dozens each commanded by a colonel. The Ripuarian infantry were usually equipped with a musket & bayonet and uniforms coloured royal green with white pants. The cavalry had double-edged swords and sometimes even a small pistol. The army was marching towards the border hoping to meet with the Iasonian army as fast as possible. The General was expecting to meet someone to update him on the current situation.
Last edited by Ripuaria on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:15 pm

Rhodevus wrote:Rhodeve Colony of Corwen, Braddock
September 1805

The Governor flipped through another page in his book before sighing, closing it, putting away his reading glasses and pulling out a map of the known world. Most of it coloured red; the colour of the Empire. "These rumours you have heard are in fact true. Although no nation is yet at war, there have been large amounts of troops moving to secure and strengthen certain positions deemed favourable if and when the Iasonians are to launch attacks against their neighbours. Or, this is what the Emperor's spies have deemed appropriate to tell me at this time. For now, The Wolf has decided it is not yet right to attack or have any course of action whatsoever. He had chosen to wait to use this war to our advantage."

The Governor skimmed his hand over the map, feeling the rough brown paper, covered in ink. The map was already out of date, since it was made in the 1740s, when the troublesome Aznazians and other islanders were still part of the Empire. Although since they have left, the Rhodeve Empire has grown exponentially in other areas of the world. "But for now Lieutenant," The Governor said, putting his eyes on Bishop, "I wouldn't stray to far from your sword."

Brevin
September 1805

"We want democracy!" shouted an angry peasant waving the Rhodeve Flag. "Not this so called Emperor and his mother!"
"YA!" screamed his followers.
"Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic!" Yelled a man in the back. This was taken up as a chant, and cheering was heard throughout the city as peasants stopped working in order to pick up the flag of the republic; the same flag as the empire mind you, and march around. "Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic! Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic! Down with the Empire! Love live the Republic!" Some peasants wielded torches as day turned to night. Yet as the sun set, the crowd only grew larger. The chanting grew more furious.

Up on the hills surrounding the city, were a legion of Royal Rhodeve Mounted Police. Elite mounted units, all brandishing their swords and rifles. Dressed in their fine red uniforms, it looked like a sea of blood surrounding the poor peasant village. All wore red, save for their leader. A young woman dressed in purple. her hair tied tightly in a bun behind her. She did not brandish her sword, but left it in its scabbard on her left side. She also did not have a gun on her, for she though that guns were a senselessly painful way to kill. She raised her left hand, signalling for the cavalry to start marching into the city. They all followed her command and made sure to stay behind her and she descended in front of them. There was to be no peasant uprisings under her watch...

Corwenian City Braddock

Bishop nodded “Of course, sir. And my sword is ready at anytime should you need it.” Bishop saluted the governor and left shorty after. Bishop mounted his horse and rode home at an easy pace. When he got home it was around 11:01. Catherine was slicing bread for lunch. “Hello, darling.” Catherine said without looking up from her task “How did it go?” Bishop said “The governor must think I’m a good soldier. He seems to like me.” Catherine turned to her husband smiling widely, her brown hair and her fair skinned face spotted with flour “That’s my soldier!” She rushed forward with her arms open as if to hug Bishop but stopped remembering she was covered in flour so instead gave him a kiss on the cheek with her blush red lips. “I wasn’t finished though.” Bishop said backing up slightly to avoid getting flour on his red uniform. “He may want me to go on a job soon. I wouldn’t want to leave so soon, not after we just moved into this new house. For us and the future kids.” Catherine turned back to cutting the bread and said “Don’t worry, I don’t have kids yet and you won’t be gone long.”
“I meant their may be a war dear.”
Catherine stopped cutting, and the knife crashed to the floor. Bishop hurried to pick up the knife but so did his wife. Their hands both touched the knife and he briefly saw the tears in her eyes. Catherine snatched up the knife with her right and wiped her eyes with her left hand. “Catherine…I…” Bishop started. However his wife cut him off “Let’s not worry about this. You’ll be fine. I’ve supported you before now and I will keep supporting you. I may be frightened of losing you as you are frightened of being lost but you can’t be lost now, nothing can stop a busy man. Plus, you are a good soldier and have a reason and will to continue. You will not collapse in war. And I shall be by your side in peace and in war.” Bishop laughed “Women aren’t in the army. Or at least the last time I checked (with a devious grin).”
“I’ll be a nurse then. Or maybe just follow you around with a cooking knife. That will scare the Iasonians!” The young couple laughed with their new vision of Catherine scaring away the Iasonians with a cooking knife. “Come on now, let’s have an early lunch.” Catherine said.

Little did they know that it may very well come down to cooking knives to defend Corwen...

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Sangaria wrote:80 miles from the Iasonian city of Caprica

Emperor Stormguard looked across the field from the top of the hill, a large looking Iasonian army had taken up defensive positions there. The troops began to set up their pieces of artillery on a hill to the west, he gave the orders to begin firing, and the first shots of the war rang out not seconds later. "Men, Advance!" the Emperor cried as the men cheered and followed his orders, slowly advancing across the field and arming their weapons, the Cavalry began to charge down at the enemies west flank after they left their hiding place in the trees.

The Emperor turned to his head officer Uriah Redos "Today my friend, we demonstrate to the world that we are not to be messed with, and that our enemy must surrender or be eliminated." Uriah turned to him smiling and responded "Yes my Emperor, Sangaria shall soon be unstoppable."

General Issac woke from his nap from the sound of gunfire and cries of horse and men. Rising quickly he downed his black hat and mounted his horse. A rider, out of breath, came to him from the left flank. "Sir, the enemy has begun to open fire on our position and cavalry has come down the left! Their men march across the field!" General Issac rode to the top of the hill and looked down at the field. He could see the enemy line approaching. Balls of dirt could be seen from both sides as solid shot rounds impacted the soil and turned men into bits. From the left horses could be seen charging his lines. The line infantry tried to change into a square to fend off their attackers. By the time the horses were on them their position was not complete. They had a hole in their lines in which the enemy came in, slaughtering with saber as the defenders tried to stab and shoot their foe.

The main line took aim. Those not fending off cavalry raised their arms at the shout of several commands by their company leaders. "Arms at the ready!" they shouted. A line of rifles rose with the sound of clicks. "Set aim!" shouts were heard down the line. "Fire!" a line of white smoke enveloped the Iasonian line. The reload order was given by the company leaders. The troops would fire and reload several times a minute upon their advancing foe. On the left the lancers were finally brought against the attacking cavalry. By now most of the exterime left flank was wavering due to the attack. They did not have the time to get into position.

As the army prepared to head out of Caprica a rider from the east greeted them. His white and orange uniform clearly showed he was an Iasonian messenger. This particular man carried orders. After the messenger was brought to the commanding officer the man spoke. "You superior, General Isaac of Jamestown has instructed your host to remain in this city. Your force is instructed to take over the citadel and await further orders. The Lige has stated that he will engage the enemy host and turn them back."
Jamestown Journal

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:44 am

Caprica

The messenger was directed to General Aj-Büaŋadé, the general was tall, he looked like native Ripuarian with his semi-dark skin. The general had many ranks on his outfit from various wars he participated in. upon receiving the message he replied:

"Thank you, We will do as requested. You may return now."

As the messenger left, Aj-Büaŋadé turned to his colonels and said:

"tés énfantrés é ħacbiras garisonépos ané cénté poligé. ajérétér tas cajviras adré ecsiporé ta scapü. désnésatér."
"The infantry and cannons would garrison in the citadel. Send the cavalry to scout the landscape. Dismissed"

The colonels went to inform their lower-command while the General went inside the citadel.

After the word spread, the soldiers quickly filled the interiors of the city walls, arming their positions getting ready to fend off the Sangarians.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Norwick Cordac was at the Apper Fortress, the biggest fortress in Zanera, but was admittedly not that large. He was inspecting three hundred of the new recruits he promised to recruit. They were wearing blue, standing with their muskets laying on their shoulders and the butts resting in their hands. There were some young, some old, but mostly middle-aged men. The Norwick walked up to one, a young man, looked him straight in the eye, and asked," Do you want to be here?"
The soldier replied," Preferably not outside, but if my higher ranking officers order me to be out here, I will be out here."
"And if your higher-ranks told you to kill yourself, would you do it?" asked the Norwick.
"If I knew it was for the sake of Zanera, and that I was saving lives and keeping my honor in killing myself, I would kill myself if my higher-ups ordered me to do so," replied the young soldier.
"Watch your sass and smart-mouthing, but otherwise, I think you will be an excellent soldier," said Norwick Cordac.
The Norwick walked over to the general in charge of the fort, and said," If you train these soldiers right, they will be good in their duties."
"So you are satisfied, Norwick Cordac?" asked the general.
"Yes," said Norwick Cordac.

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Malafaqüm, Yaramaqui

Nearly 2 million people were in the streets holding up banners in Sukraitian saying : "Goyut Pilishti Shol-lal"" meaning, "Death to the Foreign Invaders" By, This time most order was already broken down, and most Yaramaquese did not even know if they were control under the Rondaly Empire, Themselves, or by others from the outside. Yaramaquese people across the political spectrum began to face each other during these protests and soon, hell broke loose, Thousands of people from both of the political camps, began to attack each other setting fire to buildings in Eastern Malafaqüm. Some threw rocks at each other, while others beat each other up. Nobody came stop the crisis. As the day slowly dissipated away the fight eventually stopped by itself. From this day on, many did not realize the course of Yaramaquese history would change...
Last edited by Yaramaqui on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

Brevin
September 1805

Seven were killed. Five more were injured. Not a single child was put in danger. Or any women. The city was completely retaken and all talk of revolution ended. Simple and sweet, a few deaths to stop years of bloodshed if the revolt turned into a strong enough movement. She did not smile once while discussing the terms of the peasant surrender. All that was required was that life went back to normal. Her job was done, so she left with her cavalry to move onto other parts of the country that seemed rowdy.

The Imperial Palace (still in construction), Kingstown, Rhodevus
September 1805

The Wolf, Emperor Montgomery Hart lounged lazily in his leather chair in his office. He preferred to meet his subjects there so that he could stay seated for most of the day. Especially on days like today, he refused to stand up. He had taken breakfast and lunch in this chair and was planning to eat dinner there as well. "Next," He commanded with a flick of his hand. The guards opened the door to let in a beautiful young maiden, wrapped in brown linen, with long raven hair which curled up at the end. Montgomery was lifted out of his seat, drawn to her perfection. "Hello, your emperor-ship." She curtsied and looked down at the floor while speaking. Montgomery could not even pay attention to her formality. Her almond coloured skin and bright, sparkling green eyes. A green so rare it might be thought of as emerald. He face was soft, but her hands rough, most likely from years of toil on a farm.

"Uh, yes?" Montgomery stuttered. What are you doing? He thought to himself. You are acting foolish. And over a girl. Compose yourself and act like the cold blooded ruler that everyone knows you are. "Wat can I do for you my lady." I said cold-blooded, not romantic... Her eyes never left the floor. "My name is Fiona. I am from a small village in the Imperial City. My father... well, he died in the PODian invasion. My mother and I, we worked on our farm, now that we had no one else to work. But, recently she died as well. The Flu."
The emperor nodded.
"A uh, a man came to my farm. He acted gentlemanly for sure, but his words were as clear as day. He worked for the bank. He was there to repossess the land. We paid our taxes. We had no mortgage. The land belonged to our family for seventeen generations. He said I could get it back if... if I..." Fiona broke sound into tears.

Montgomery did not think that he had ever seen a more beautiful and enchanting woman. Her small tears streamed down her face, rolling around her cheeks. He stood up and walked over to her, as she was kneeling on the ground. He held up her chin, so that he could look into her eyes. "My dear. I will help you bring this man to justice..."
She/Her

Factbook

Oblaren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Bishop was still in hi uniform when dusk began to fall. His wife had already started cooking dinner. However, in the dying light he saw a rider on a horse. Since there would be more than enough food Bishop ran out to the rider. The rider slowed when she noticed Bishop. Both were soliders. Bishop suddenly knew that this woman was the Calvary commander he heard rumors about. "Madam please come in and rest before dark. My wife has cooked a wonderful stew."

Sangaria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangaria » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:28 am

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:
General Issac woke from his nap from the sound of gunfire and cries of horse and men. Rising quickly he downed his black hat and mounted his horse. A rider, out of breath, came to him from the left flank. "Sir, the enemy has begun to open fire on our position and cavalry has come down the left! Their men march across the field!" General Issac rode to the top of the hill and looked down at the field. He could see the enemy line approaching. Balls of dirt could be seen from both sides as solid shot rounds impacted the soil and turned men into bits. From the left horses could be seen charging his lines. The line infantry tried to change into a square to fend off their attackers. By the time the horses were on them their position was not complete. They had a hole in their lines in which the enemy came in, slaughtering with saber as the defenders tried to stab and shoot their foe.

The main line took aim. Those not fending off cavalry raised their arms at the shout of several commands by their company leaders. "Arms at the ready!" they shouted. A line of rifles rose with the sound of clicks. "Set aim!" shouts were heard down the line. "Fire!" a line of white smoke enveloped the Iasonian line. The reload order was given by the company leaders. The troops would fire and reload several times a minute upon their advancing foe. On the left the lancers were finally brought against the attacking cavalry. By now most of the exterime left flank was wavering due to the attack. They did not have the time to get into position.

As the army prepared to head out of Caprica a rider from the east greeted them. His white and orange uniform clearly showed he was an Iasonian messenger. This particular man carried orders. After the messenger was brought to the commanding officer the man spoke. "You superior, General Isaac of Jamestown has instructed your host to remain in this city. Your force is instructed to take over the citadel and await further orders. The Lige has stated that he will engage the enemy host and turn them back."

"Open fire!" The officers all began to bark the same command, shooting down line after line of the Iasonian defenders. "Hmm, It seems that we have made our point General." Emperor Stormguard turned back General Redos "Should we being placing bets on how long it will take them to sound retreat?" they both laughed as the defenders continued to crumble. "But great Emperor, what about the enemy force encamped in the city? our siege weapons are still a week away at the least, we will be unable to charge the walls without them." Stormguard grinned "Who said anything about siege weapons, we will usher in a new era of warfare, with these." he handed General Redos a classfied documents with plans for a prototype Gatling Gun/Cannon combo weapon." ((I will get a picture of this up as soon as I find one I like)) "This... This is genius my Emperor! you never cease to amaze." he handed Emperor Stormguard the papers back. "Indeed General, Indeed, it seems that the enemy is beginning a retreat!"

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:21 pm

For nearly an hour the sides clashed. Gunpowder turned to smoke, blanketing the field with a fog like atmosphere. Cries of people and horses could be heard, accompanied by the bursting shells of artillery. General Issac watched from his hill. He could not see much. His scouts were coming back with worse news. The left had retreated down their hill to try to make up for the breach. However it was too late. the Line shattered. The enemy Calvary tore now into the rest of the line. The Iasonian Carvery did not report back. Their line was being eaten from behind.

Panic rose amoung the ranks. Soon most the artillery pieces brought to the battle were broke, torn to shreds by their foe's balls. Suddenly men turned from the line and ran back. Within ten minutes the army shattered. The unharmed fled anyway they could. The wounded followed. The dead were left. The General lead the retreat to Caprica City.
Jamestown Journal

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents