NATION

PASSWORD

Dam Attacked in Congreveopia (MT, OOC, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Newne Thernania wrote: ?

The IC thread is here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=320943

If you're unfamiliar with this, you might want to check out "Welcome to International Incidents" here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=177519

Thanks for the IC link.

Im not sure on where to start though.

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Drekka wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:The IC thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=320943

If you're unfamiliar with this, you might want to check out "Welcome to International Incidents" here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=177519

Thanks for the IC link.

Well, there's a link on the first post in both threads too. I just thought Newne Thernania might have missed it.

Anyways, a productive place for you to start would probably be trying to figure out who's behind the attack, because amassing a force of sixty men with AK-47s and RPGs is not an easy thing to do in Congreveopia. You can conduct your investigation however you want, by the way. Try to identify the sniper because his body's still there; look for one of their RPGs in the dam's wreckage and try to trace where it was made; look over video from the dam's security cameras and search for clues. Whatever you want. Just say what you're doing, I'll discuss with Exantos, and then one of us will let you know what turns up.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Drekka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Drekka wrote:
Thanks for the IC link.

Well, there's a link on the first post in both threads too. I just thought Newne Thernania might have missed it.

Anyways, a productive place for you to start would probably be trying to figure out who's behind the attack, because amassing a force of sixty men with AK-47s and RPGs is not an easy thing to do in Congreveopia. You can conduct your investigation however you want, by the way. Try to identify the sniper because his body's still there; look for one of their RPGs in the dam's wreckage and try to trace where it was made; look over video from the dam's security cameras and search for clues. Whatever you want. Just say what you're doing, I'll discuss with Exantos, and then one of us will let you know what turns up.

Thank you again. btw, would your nation's flag be the silhouette of an armored Robosapien V4 or do you have a different flag ?

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Drekka wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Well, there's a link on the first post in both threads too. I just thought Newne Thernania might have missed it.

Thank you again. btw, would your nation's flag be the silhouette of an armored Robosapien V4 or do you have a different flag ?

It's Valkyrie.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Drekka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Drekka wrote:

It's Valkyrie.

OH.. whoops XD. my mistake.

You have to admit that the Valkyrie somewhat resembles one of these bad boys though.
Last edited by Drekka on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Drekka wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:It's Valkyrie.

OH.. whoops XD. my mistake.

You have to admit that the Valkyrie somewhat resembles one of these bad boys though.

Huh, kinda. Yeah.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Okay. I'm going to be a bit more lenient on timing now that the action has cooled down and the RP is in a more investigative stage. Try to keep track of what time it is when your posts are occurring, but it's okay for one person to be posting a couple hours ahead of another as long as the posts won't affect each other until further down the line.

For reference, the dam exploded at 13:14 on October 14, 2014.

Links:

Drekka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Congreveopia wrote:Okay. I'm going to be a bit more lenient on timing now that the action has cooled down and the RP is in a more investigative stage. Try to keep track of what time it is when your posts are occurring, but it's okay for one person to be posting a couple hours ahead of another as long as the posts won't affect each other until further down the line.

Got it. I was thinking about having an investigation team arrive the next morning (10/15/2014) at roughly 0800 hours.
would that effect anyone's post?

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:25 pm

we are not worried about Valland then?
R&G National News Network: Trusted news source for our nation: --- Nation is in a state of turmoil, Grenodian Civil Militia Units advancing on Capital city Rodstovian Forces advance to meet them.  --- Field Marshall Michal Petrina, Commander Karl Malý, and Minister Martina Novotná  Hold a war council in Domácí---C.O.R.D. Team "Mako 1" Attempts to re-establish contact with TF: Atlas

Member of the Zewajis Pact.
From the ashes a new nation will rise

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Is it too late for me to join?
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Drekka wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Okay. I'm going to be a bit more lenient on timing now that the action has cooled down and the RP is in a more investigative stage. Try to keep track of what time it is when your posts are occurring, but it's okay for one person to be posting a couple hours ahead of another as long as the posts won't affect each other until further down the line.

Got it. I was thinking about having an investigation team arrive the next morning (10/15/2014) at roughly 0800 hours.
would that effect anyone's post?

There's nothing for you to investigate though... We're taking the commander to trial.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:38 pm

oh? their is lots to do sir.

just because we caught the guy doesn't mean its over sir
R&G National News Network: Trusted news source for our nation: --- Nation is in a state of turmoil, Grenodian Civil Militia Units advancing on Capital city Rodstovian Forces advance to meet them.  --- Field Marshall Michal Petrina, Commander Karl Malý, and Minister Martina Novotná  Hold a war council in Domácí---C.O.R.D. Team "Mako 1" Attempts to re-establish contact with TF: Atlas

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm starting to see that my dudes made it there way to late to make a difference.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:oh? their is lots to do sir.

Yeah, but there isn't currently anything to investigate. At least not until Exantos arrives.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:07 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:oh? their is lots to do sir.

Yeah, but there isn't currently anything to investigate. At least not until Exantos arrives.

Oh, so the corpses of the men who weren't on the dam are nothing? The weapons and vehicles that the terrorists were using are nothing? There's plenty to investigate. The only limit is your imagination (and the fact that these terrorists are good at concealing their identity).

Servinta wrote:I'm starting to see that my dudes made it there way to late to make a difference.

Ah, but the dam is only the beginning. Now its time to bring perpetrators to justice!

New Kvenland wrote:Is it too late for me to join?

No, although I'm probably going to close this soon if people think that's a good idea.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Links:

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:16 pm

A Part 2?

Yeah but what about all that Aid I sent to Valland?

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:A Part 2?

Yeah but what about all that Aid I sent to Valland?

Well not a new thread, but kind of. As for the aid, it's doing a lot of good, helping a lot of people. I'm prioritizing posting things more to do with the main plot, though.

Links:

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Ahh I see

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Damn this Damn dam.......

annoying word mix ups aside you guys write too damn fast! lol

I assumed Whirlwind 1-1 would arrive first yeah? or no because following the timing the helicopter picked up and left before yours did... or did it?

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:32 pm

OK just got home after waiting about 4 hours for my older brother to arrive from a bus. SO TIRED....

I'll try to get a post up tonight but... ok just threw up. I think I'm going to go to bed.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:Damn this Damn dam.......

annoying word mix ups aside you guys write too damn fast! lol

I assumed Whirlwind 1-1 would arrive first yeah? or no because following the timing the helicopter picked up and left before yours did... or did it?

Yeah. This got a bit confusing because I posted Natasha's landing too soon. Here's how I see the timeline should be:

-Natasha's rescue
-Whirlwind 1-1's rescue
-Whirlwind 1-1 arrives at Orwall
-Air Ambulance arrives
-Air Ambulance personnel help the people on Whirlwind 1-1
-Natasha's helicopter arrives
-Air Ambulance leaves with Terrorist Commander

Do you agree?

Also, how do you want to deal with Jan's corpse? I assume we'll give it you your people at Orwall.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Body will stay with Alex until it can be transported to the Carrier to be shipped home

Also yes I agree with this. During this though Whirlwind 1-2 with the AWS team would arrive and One of the MH-90 MEV's would arrived to bring Ivana back to the Carrier.
Last edited by Rodstov and Grenoda on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:Body will stay with Alex until it can be transported to the Carrier to be shipped home

Also yes I agree with this. During this though Whirlwind 1-2 with the AWS team would arrive and One of the MH-90 MEV's would arrived to bring Ivana back to the Carrier.

How nearby is this carrier? Because the dam is several hundred miles inland.

Also, there isn't room on the Beechcraft for the body. Hand it off to someone else headed back to the carrier.

So, with regard to my screwup on the Orwall airport timings, let's just make sure we keep the two situations separate (Natasha and Whiplash 1-1) and timestamp our posts. Then we can simply play out both at the same time IRL even though they're offset by a couple of minutes IC. The only things that connect the two situations are the Air Ambulance (which just leaves Whiplash 1-1 before Nathasha arrives) and Alex handing the body of to Whiplash 1-1 if you want him to. Also, there's going to be an... event... that affects all of Orwall airport. But that's for later.

Links:

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:46 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:Body will stay with Alex until it can be transported to the Carrier to be shipped home

How nearby is this carrier? Because the dam is several hundred miles inland.

Also, there isn't room on the Beechcraft for the body. Hand it off to someone else headed back to the carrier.

So, with regard to my screwup on the Orwall airport timings, let's just make sure we keep the two situations separate (Natasha and Whiplash 1-1) and timestamp our posts. Then we can simply play out both at the same time IRL even though they're offset by a couple of minutes IC. The only things that connect the two situations are the Air Ambulance (which just leaves Whiplash 1-1 before Nathasha arrives) and Alex handing the body of to Whiplash 1-1 if you want him to. Also, there's going to be an... event... that affects all of Orwall airport. But that's for later.

The Carrier is as close as it can be but you missing the point. My nation overall tactic when it comes to warfare is "High speed Low Drag". Both the MH-67 "Huron" and the MH-90 "Ghost Hawk" are clearly upgrades to the iconic helicopters so if a CH-47 Chinook (i think) and a MH-67 Huron left from the same spot carrying the same amount of men and materials the MH-67 would arrive first by a substantial amount since for example the 2 × Lycoming T55-GA-714A turboshaft, 4,733 hp engines used in the CH -47 are replaced by a slightly better "jet engine" that gets a 5,534 hp engine witch makes it go slightly faster with the relatively same platform. Though the MH-90 Ghost Hawk doesn't exist all tech used it it do exist thus it remains a MT aircraft just better so I can close distances faster.

Jen's body will most likely hitch a ride back on one of the UH-90's I mentioned before with Ivana. Though I surprised no one shit themselves when I used Queen as a call sign... :evil:

Whirlwind Arrives first, The Bell heli arrives second. Whirlwind will leave for the carrier during or after the situation. With any casualties sustained during it. UH-90MEV would leave the exact moment with Ivana after it arrives Leaving the new group of soldiers (Alpha Squad consisting of Alpha 1-1 and 1-2 with 8 members a pop (total of 16))

SOOOO

-Natasha's rescue
-Whirlwind 1-1's rescue
-Whirlwind 1-1 arrives at Orwall dismounts Alpha 1-1 and 1-2 to guard Orwall
-Air Ambulance arrives
-UH-90MEV arrives to take AFRG personnel too Carrier
-"EVENT THAT MAKES US ALL SHIT BRICKS"

^ That sound right to you?"

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:30 am

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:How nearby is this carrier? Because the dam is several hundred miles inland.

The Carrier is as close as it can be but you missing the point. My nation overall tactic when it comes to warfare is "High speed Low Drag". Both the MH-67 "Huron" and the MH-90 "Ghost Hawk" are clearly upgrades to the iconic helicopters so if a CH-47 Chinook (i think) and a MH-67 Huron left from the same spot carrying the same amount of men and materials the MH-67 would arrive first by a substantial amount since for example the 2 × Lycoming T55-GA-714A turboshaft, 4,733 hp engines used in the CH -47 are replaced by a slightly better "jet engine" that gets a 5,534 hp engine witch makes it go slightly faster with the relatively same platform. Though the MH-90 Ghost Hawk doesn't exist all tech used it it do exist thus it remains a MT aircraft just better so I can close distances faster.

Jen's body will most likely hitch a ride back on one of the UH-90's I mentioned before with Ivana. Though I surprised no one shit themselves when I used Queen as a call sign... :evil:

Whirlwind Arrives first, The Bell heli arrives second. Whirlwind will leave for the carrier during or after the situation. With any casualties sustained during it. UH-90MEV would leave the exact moment with Ivana after it arrives Leaving the new group of soldiers (Alpha Squad consisting of Alpha 1-1 and 1-2 with 8 members a pop (total of 16))

SOOOO

-Natasha's rescue
-Whirlwind 1-1's rescue
-Whirlwind 1-1 arrives at Orwall dismounts Alpha 1-1 and 1-2 to guard Orwall
-Air Ambulance arrives
-UH-90MEV arrives to take AFRG personnel too Carrier
-"EVENT THAT MAKES US ALL SHIT BRICKS"

^ That sound right to you?"

Sounds good. Do you have anything to wrap up with your guys? If you don't, we're just waiting for you and GAmeTopia to get on the Beechcraft, and then the event can occur.

Links:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents