NATION

PASSWORD

Dam Attacked in Congreveopia (MT, OOC, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Dam Attacked in Congreveopia (MT, OOC, Open)

Postby Congreveopia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:23 pm

OOC THREAD
Link to the IC

Congreveopia Daily Herald
Attack on Archibald Dam!

The Archibald Dam generates over 50TWh annually.

The government just announced that at 12:41 today there was an explosion at the Archibald Dam, and the facility's structural integrity may be compromised. In a brief statement today, the government asked residents in towns beneath the dam to not panic. However, they have also begun evacuating the nearest town of 600,000 people is being evacuated, and there is a warning issued to 8 million people who would be in danger if the dam failed. Many residents are beginning to flee the area.

Message from Congreveopia to other governments:
Security: Standard

Please do not make this message publicly known.
Today, at 12:38, an unidentified man approached the main entrance to the Dam control station. He was ordered to stop and did not comply. Security officers disabled him with a ranged electric stun weapon (a TASER). Once they approached him, explosives concealed on his person detonated, wounding or killing eight officers. An exact casualty count cannot be determined at this point, because following that someone concealed on a nearby hill began firing on the remaining security personnel, forcing them to retreat. The firefight is still in progress, with at least two officers KIA. Judging by reports from the personnel there, the hostile is an experienced sniper. Shortly following the start of this attack, a civilian boat upriver of the dam crossed into the restricted area surrounding the dam. This went unnoticed due to the first attack. By the time someone noticed the boat, it was too near the dam for anyone to intervene, and proceeded to crash into the dam and detonate a large quantity of high explosives aboard, destroying the boat and compromising the structural integrity of the dam. The facility is now in lockdown, and it is unknown whether the dam will be able to withstand the damage. There are unconfirmed reports of multiple shooters on the hills around the dam firing on security personnel there.

Any help you can send is appreciated. Please make sure to contact us so that we can brief you on developments as the situation progresses.

OOC Stuff:

Rules:
1) No godmodding and other obvious rules.
2) Try to avoid one-liners. It's fine to make short post when the situation calls for it, but I'd like you to try to put in at least three lines most of the time.
3) Yes, you can help however you want. You can try to figure out who was behind the attack, try to fix the dam, try to evacuate people, etc. All help is welcome.
4) If you want to pose as responsible, please TG me.
5) Realism is good. Let people know if they did something impossible. Let me know if I did something impossible. Just try to stay polite and constructive.
6) PAY ATTENTION TO TIME. This is the big one. Something that always irks me is how time is disregarded in RPs. I've seen battlegroups travel around the world IC while people are having a conversation IC, and that makes no sense unless the battlegroup is in orbit or the people are having a month-long philosophy debate. A good rule of thumb is that if you want to post about something more than 5-15 minutes in the future, just post that you're starting it. For example say "Relief workers take off for Congreveopia." not "Relief workers fly to Congreveopia and begin repairing the dam."

Handy info:

- The time is about 12:45 right now.

-Here is a rough map of the attack thus far:

- Here's a diagram of the dam. Your governments will be able to easily find this online.

Here's the OCC thread. Insert witty remark here.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 am

Neo Hydra wrote:"This is a time of rejoice!" Said Major Hanz Klaus
"We will crush these police officers" He Said
"GUN EM ALL DOWN!" He said "WE can't let a single one of them see our flag Hydra must endure."

"Sir are the bombs set?"
"Yes they should be detonate them!"
"Yes sir"

The Demolition man detonates the bombs

So, I assume you are trying to RP the force attacking the dam here. If you will recall, I mentioned in the rules that somebody wanting to RP the attackers will need to telegram me first. You seem to be new, so I'd prefer someone with a bit more experience, but if you can show me a good RP sample, then I might let you control them.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Korchayk
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Korchayk » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:24 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Neo Hydra wrote:"This is a time of rejoice!" Said Major Hanz Klaus
"We will crush these police officers" He Said
"GUN EM ALL DOWN!" He said "WE can't let a single one of them see our flag Hydra must endure."

"Sir are the bombs set?"
"Yes they should be detonate them!"
"Yes sir"

The Demolition man detonates the bombs

So, I assume you are trying to RP the force attacking the dam here. If you will recall, I mentioned in the rules that somebody wanting to RP the attackers will need to telegram me first. You seem to be new, so I'd prefer someone with a bit more experience, but if you can show me a good RP sample, then I might let you control them.

I'd TG him. He doesn't look interested in subtlety, nor deleting his/her post. If it bothers you, get a moderator in.
Royal Prince of Korchayk Seeks Wife
The Korchayki Embassy Program
Korchayki Statistics
Member of the INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
KORCHAYKI STATE NEWS - Korchayk joins the International Justice System and World Assembly ---  Korchayk leaves the United Monarchist Alliance in protest --- The Korchayki Ministry of Finance has had a bailout package of $10 billion accepted by the Empire of Vecima --- The 'Subversive and Political Dissent Prevention Act' has been passed through the Korchayki Council of Representatives ---

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:48 am

oh hi there, very nice RP.

Nord Deutschland
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nord Deutschland » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 am

Hey everyone! Yes, I may seem new, but I have a year of experience and this is not my first time playing. I once played as a nation called Imperial Reich that reached 1 bill population and created her own organizations and alliances before quitting. Well, I am back and this seems like to very interesting Role Play.

If it was alright, I'd like for my nation to send a special terrorist task force. It will be brand new and very good for my nation's history, I'd like to think of the group as building itself into an anti-terrorist tasking force. This tasking force, for the future, would probably become corrupt and even become a secret police. Of course, this is all just an idea in making, but I'd still like to use this task force concept, and this RP would be perfect for it. Don't worry, either, it won't be Navy Seal's crap either, I'll make sure its not super OP'ed.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:12 am

Nord Deutschland wrote:Hey everyone! Yes, I may seem new, but I have a year of experience and this is not my first time playing. I once played as a nation called Imperial Reich that reached 1 bill population and created her own organizations and alliances before quitting. Well, I am back and this seems like to very interesting Role Play.

If it was alright, I'd like for my nation to send a special terrorist task force. It will be brand new and very good for my nation's history, I'd like to think of the group as building itself into an anti-terrorist tasking force. This tasking force, for the future, would probably become corrupt and even become a secret police. Of course, this is all just an idea in making, but I'd still like to use this task force concept, and this RP would be perfect for it. Don't worry, either, it won't be Navy Seal's crap either, I'll make sure its not super OP'ed.

If you're asking to send an anti-terrorism group in to help re-secure the dam, yes that's fine. Just remember to let my government know you're coming.

Servinta wrote:oh hi there, very nice RP.

Thank you. Interested in taking part?

Links:

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:14 am

Of course I am, I'm working on my intro post ATM.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:47 am

Okay, Rodstov and Grenoda. Here are the hostiles at the dam:

1) Where I think you landed. Yes it's a parking lot.
2) The site of the helicopter crash. There is one SWAT team survivor, badly injured. There are also about ten policemen between points 1 and 2 who were wounded but not killed by the sniper. They are playing dead, though.
3) Where the enemy convoy arrived. There are four vans and two SUVs, all of which have improvised armor. There are about 60 enemies there, most of whom have AK-47s. Two of the enemies have RPG-7s. The enemy force will try to advance across the dam towards you, firing at your troops and the V-tol as they go. The RPG soldiers will fire once the get within 200 meters of any of your vehicles.
4) Location of the enemy with the RPG-7 who took down my helicopter. He's going to focus on destroying your V-tol while its stationary, and then switch to attacking your other vehicles.
5) Location of the enemy sniper. He'll try to pick of any of your guys he sees out of cover.
6) Location of an enemy machine gunner that hasn't opened fire yet, so we don't know about him. He'll attack any of your guys he sees out of cover, or, failing that, the nearest MRAP.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:21 am

Korchayk, I'm going to have to ask you to change your post. Remember rule number six? You can't post about events occurring at 19:00 while the IC time is still only a bit past 13:00. There's no guarantee that the dam will still be intact at 19:00, or even that Valland Regional Airport will still be intact.

GAmeTopia. I'm a bit confused by your post. If you are sending fighters, why would you want them to land? Shouldn't they be in the air over the Dam, or do they need refueling?

Links:

Korchayk
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Korchayk » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:23 am

Congreveopia wrote:Korchayk, I'm going to have to ask you to change your post. Remember rule number six? You can't post about events occurring at 19:00 while the IC time is still only a bit past 13:00. There's no guarantee that the dam will still be intact at 19:00, or even that Valland Regional Airport will still be intact.

GAmeTopia. I'm a bit confused by your post. If you are sending fighters, why would you want them to land? Shouldn't they be in the air over the Dam, or do they need refueling?

Oops, sorry
Royal Prince of Korchayk Seeks Wife
The Korchayki Embassy Program
Korchayki Statistics
Member of the INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
KORCHAYKI STATE NEWS - Korchayk joins the International Justice System and World Assembly ---  Korchayk leaves the United Monarchist Alliance in protest --- The Korchayki Ministry of Finance has had a bailout package of $10 billion accepted by the Empire of Vecima --- The 'Subversive and Political Dissent Prevention Act' has been passed through the Korchayki Council of Representatives ---

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 pm

I'm sending my troops in by parachuting onto the hillside above the convoy in hopes to flank them.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Servinta wrote:I'm sending my troops in by parachuting onto the hillside above the convoy in hopes to flank them.

May I act as if you told Fortress this IC?

Links:

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Oh boy, they're actually fighting. I guess I could send a small air force unit, I don't want boots on the ground. Not enough in it for me.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Con, can you reply to my IC post?
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:18 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Con, can you reply to my IC post?

Can you reply to my OOC post?

Links:

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Congreveopia wrote:Korchayk, I'm going to have to ask you to change your post. Remember rule number six? You can't post about events occurring at 19:00 while the IC time is still only a bit past 13:00. There's no guarantee that the dam will still be intact at 19:00, or even that Valland Regional Airport will still be intact.

Oh, sorry. The fighters are carrying ground troops, and once they land, they will take off again and assist the ground troops from the air.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:25 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

Oh, sorry. The fighters are carrying ground troops, and once they land, they will take off again and assist the ground troops from the air.

Fighters carrying ground troops? :eyebrow:

Oh you mean like this?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Servinta wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Oh, sorry. The fighters are carrying ground troops, and once they land, they will take off again and assist the ground troops from the air.

Oh you mean like this?

No, they're modified to be two-seaters like training jets. It's just a thing I do to be efficient.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Servinta wrote:

Oh you mean like this?

(Image)

No, they're modified to be two-seaters like training jets. It's just a thing I do to be efficient.

That doesn't seem efficient to me, but it's not impossible, so it's fine. I'll reply soon.

Rawlincia wrote:
Servinta wrote:After a long wait inside the transport aircraft the men saw the signal they had been waiting for, a single red light flared to life.This was the drop zone light, indicating that they were approaching their destination and that within approximately thirty minutes they would be signaled by a similar green light to begin the actual drop from the plane.The men then began inhaling one hundred percent oxygen from their pack mounted air tanks in preparation for the changes in altitude that would occur during their HALO descent, this would counter the health hazard of breathing the oxygen low air outside.They spent the next thirty minutes going over the plan one last time with the oxygen masks on to ensure they had recived enough air and to reaffirm their moves once on the ground.

"... And after we hit the ground we'll make our move aginst the convoy here, they have no indication their is anyone on their side of the dam and the rocket launcher will make short work of their vehicles." Senior tsargent Yuri explained as he review the map with his men huddled around him.

Suddenly the red light that had illuminated the cargo bay of the transport dimmed, only to be replaced with a brighter green one that lite up in its place.The time to drop was now and the men who had all undergone years of training knew exactly what to do, down to the last detailed knot and second to pull the cord.

"Move it, ... GO ... GO ... GO ..." Yuri yelled as each man lined up and leapt from the open cargo ramp at the rear of the aircraft, each one fell into the scenery below until only he was left.With a prayer on his lips and a rifle in his pack he jumped, leaving the safety of the plane for the dangers that awaited him below.

Just before the plane began dropping the 2 Rawlincian F/A 33s intercepted it.
"This is Lieutenant Stuart of the RAF, please confirm IFF, I repeat confirm IFF. If you do not comply we will shoot you down, I repeat you WILL be shot down. We need to protect this area from any invaders, if you are friendly rendevouzs with AWS Alpha Team near the Dam, they have cleared out any obvious hiding spots.

Rawlicnia, if you're coordinating your insertion with Fortess, they will have informed you about Servintia's plane. If you're not, Congreveopia Air Command will have scrambled fighters and shot you down. Also, would you mind clarifying what you mean by "dropship"?

Servinta wrote:After a long wait inside the transport aircraft the men saw the signal they had been waiting for, a single red light flared to life.This was the drop zone light, indicating that they were approaching their destination and that within approximately thirty minutes they would be signaled by a similar green light to begin the actual drop from the plane.The men then began inhaling one hundred percent oxygen from their pack mounted air tanks in preparation for the changes in altitude that would occur during their HALO descent, this would counter the health hazard of breathing the oxygen low air outside.They spent the next thirty minutes going over the plan one last time with the oxygen masks on to ensure they had recived enough air and to reaffirm their moves once on the ground.

"... And after we hit the ground we'll make our move aginst the convoy here, they have no indication their is anyone on their side of the dam and the rocket launcher will make short work of their vehicles." Senior tsargent Yuri explained as he review the map with his men huddled around him.

Suddenly the red light that had illuminated the cargo bay of the transport dimmed, only to be replaced with a brighter green one that lite up in its place.The time to drop was now and the men who had all undergone years of training knew exactly what to do, down to the last detailed knot and second to pull the cord.

"Move it, ... GO ... GO ... GO ..." Yuri yelled as each man lined up and leapt from the open cargo ramp at the rear of the aircraft, each one fell into the scenery below until only he was left.With a prayer on his lips and a rifle in his pack he jumped, leaving the safety of the plane for the dangers that awaited him below.

Servintia, at what time is the jump occurring?
Last edited by Congreveopia on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Links:

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 pm

It is not a widespread thing, it's a thing that the special forces use so that they don't have to waste extra resources on helicopters and the like.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Sorry on the time thing, how dose 1430 sound. for the official drop.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Also all swear words are directed at your pilots, not you personally Game. ;)

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Servinta wrote:Also all swear words are directed at your pilots, not you personally Game. ;)

Wut? My pilots aren't even there yet!

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Servinta wrote:Sorry on the time thing, how dose 1430 sound. for the official drop.

Sounds fine, but hold off on them landing until we see how the situation developing currently plays out (the one with Rodstov and Grenoda's forces).

Links:

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:45 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Servinta wrote:Also all swear words are directed at your pilots, not you personally Game. ;)

Wut? My pilots aren't even there yet!

I meant raw ,sorry I though it was you who ruined my plan for a minute :oops:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents