NATION

PASSWORD

World War 1913-1996 (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 am

He was going to South Africa. New Oslo in fact, his mission was to purchase heavy machinery. specifically the kind to build Autos with, however any kind would work. he just had to haggle to make it affordable.

New Oslo, capitol building 11:00
*diplomat walks to the ornate doors to be greeted
"State your name and business here"
"Diplomatic embassy"
"Ah we've been expecting you"
*Walks into the presidents office
There may be few uses for people who can't embrace reality, but there is no use for the broken who can't escape it -Khaner Annan

Most things are ok within moderation.

Prusko
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusko » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 am

*Funeral Ended*

As the casket finally lowers down and buried, Prince Frederick Wilhelm Lugwig II becomes King of Prussia, and the Funeral formally ends.

We thank all who came, and it show's that he was a very popular,honorable, wise,and a great person.

"King Wilhelm II"

*Looks, at Vladimir Tula before he leaves, and walks over to him. And says this, I would like to talk to you about something and involves Osphen.

Montreal Nord
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Major discovery in the West

Postby Montreal Nord » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:08 am

One of the biggest natural gas belt in the history of Montreal-Nord has been discovered in the West of Alberta.
The discovery will stimulate the development of industry and create jobs for more than 25,000 citizens.
The Western Natural Gas and Oil was formed by a group of Calgary businessmen under the condition that the government holds a majority of stakes. They are also planning to build a pipeline from Turner Valley, the center of the gas boom, to Calgary.
Some iron and metal manufacturers have already set up large factories in the area.
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

Montreal Nord wrote:One of the biggest natural gas belt in the history of Montreal-Nord has been discovered in the West of Alberta.
The discovery will stimulate the development of industry and create jobs for more than 25,000 citizens.
(Image)
The Western Natural Gas and Oil was formed by a group of Calgary businessmen under the condition that the government holds a majority of stakes. They are also planning to build a pipeline from Turner Valley, the center of the gas boom, to Calgary.
Some iron and metal manufacturers have already set up large factories in the area.

I don't know why this would be useful for the ww1 time-period.

Fracking wasn't invented yet. Unless you plan to make a chemical weapons factory.
Last edited by Moorwhyne on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There may be few uses for people who can't embrace reality, but there is no use for the broken who can't escape it -Khaner Annan

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

Moorwhyne wrote:He was going to South Africa. New Oslo in fact, his mission was to purchase heavy machinery. specifically the kind to build Autos with, however any kind would work. he just had to haggle to make it affordable.

"Diplomatic embassy"

*leonardo Witt 4 looks up from his*

"Ah, you must be the man from morrwhyne, please sit down"

*he gestures to the chair in front of his desk*

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:46 am

Prusko wrote:*Funeral Ended*

As the casket finally lowers down and buried, Prince Frederick Wilhelm Lugwig II becomes King of Prussia, and the Funeral formally ends.

We thank all who came, and it show's that he was a very popular,honorable, wise,and a great person.

"King Wilhelm II"

*Looks, at Vladimir Tula before he leaves, and walks over to him. And says this, I would like to talk to you about something and involves Osphen.

Leonardo witt 3rd looked at Wilhelm's grave with sorry. He placed the roses on Wilhelms grave and said "farewell". He briskly put on his hat and tried to walk past Fredrick and Vladimir on his way out but, one of them caught eye of the CIS insignia on the back of his coat shoulder.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montreal Nord
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Montreal Nord » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 am

I don't know why this would be useful for ww1.

Fracking wasn't invented yet. Unless you plan to make a chemical weapons factory.

It will be useful because the government will have more money for the armed forces.

And it's not like the whole thing about the death of the King of Prussia was more useful for WW1.

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:53 am

You can't get to natural gas without fracking? So it doesn't matter if you found it.

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58 am

Confederation of imperial states wrote:
Moorwhyne wrote:He was going to South Africa. New Oslo in fact, his mission was to purchase heavy machinery. specifically the kind to build Autos with, however any kind would work. he just had to haggle to make it affordable.

"Diplomatic embassy"

Sits down*
"Hello King Leonardo, I thought you where much older?
"Ah no worries, I'm his son Leonardo the 4th"
"Ah, sorry excuse my ignorance. Let us get on with business. I would like to purchase or trade for any of the heavy machinery you can spare, preferably Auto making equipment."
The diplomat looks at you expectantly, with a tinge of worry.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Moorwhyne wrote:

Sits down*
"Ah, sorry excuse my ignorance. Let us get on with business. I would like to purchase or trade for any of the heavy machinery you can spare, preferably Auto making equipment."

*leonardo pulls out a file and starts flipping through some papers*
"We have plenty of auto making equipment, what kind would you like?"

Montreal Nord
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Montreal Nord » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Moorwhyne wrote:You can't get to natural gas without fracking? So it doesn't matter if you found it.

Yes you can by drilling.
Do some research if you want to.

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Montreal Nord wrote:
Moorwhyne wrote:You can't get to natural gas without fracking? So it doesn't matter if you found it.

Yes you can by drilling.
Do some research if you want to.

I'm going to take your word on it, because I cant find anything on natural gas in WW1 at all. other then chemical weapons.

EDITED
•1914 Production of cast iron pipes is mechanized by S. de Lavaud's centrifugal casting process.
•1915 Depleted reservoirs are used for the first time to store gas.
•1917 The first commercial gas house-heating installation on a large scale is made in Baltimore in a development of 100 houses.
•1917 The City of Mesa purchased both the gas and electric systems serving the town from A. J. Chandler.
•1918 American Gas Association is founded to supplant 2 existing organizations: American Gas Institute and National Commercial Gas Association. By the end of the year, there are 2.5 million natural gas customers in the U.S.
•1920 The first steel pipes with electrically welded seams go into production for use in the gas pipeline industry.

It still doesn't seem very useful, well unless Montreal Nord advances the use of natural gas tech.
Last edited by Moorwhyne on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montreal Nord
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Montreal Nord » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Montreal Nord wrote:http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/etext/hoosier/OG-15.html

I know they had a lot of oil, and natural gas. like I said it still wasn't very useful because little needed it. I have one word for you... Coal.

But I also said that you could probably make one hell of a killer profit if you managed to globalize a usage for natural gas.

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Battle of Oman 14:00 hours
Troop reports:
Moorwhyne:
Moorwhyneic first marine battalion(MFMB)
400,000 Marines
100 75mm artillery guns

Moorwhyneic second marine battalion(MSMB)
500,000 Marines
200 75mm artillery guns

Moorwhyneic assault battalion(MAB)
400,000 assault Marines(Armed with lots of grenades, and light equipment)
supported by naval barrage

Oman:
Oman nationalist army(ONA):
700,000 peasant militia

Oman royal army(ORA):
100,000 Foot soldiers
100,000 engineers
189 maxim machine guns
90 light howitzers

Battle of Mughsail:
Moorwhyneic forces crossed the border at 19:00 hours yesterday, and encountered little resistance from the town of Mughsail. The town was quickly overcome and ransacked for rations, supplies and spare weaponry. The town was burned to the ground and it's inhabitants where put to the chain and sent back to Yemen
Moorwhyneic losses: none
Oman losses: 3,000 peasant militia
5,000 civilians

The battle for Danka:
The ONA had a strong foothold in this town. They hunkered down in their fortified positions once the artillery barrage began. Around 250,000 ONA soldiers where here, supported by about 20,000 engineers. After around an hour of constant barrage the MFMB the MSMB and the MAB had taken up assault positions under the cover of darkness, and artillery. The MAB had the Eastern flank of the town, closest to the enemy trench line. They had to be especially carful not to alert anyone in their advance. The citizens of the town had long been evacuated, and their homes where turned into fortresses by the ONA. The MFMB and MSMB attacked in coordination, and pushed against the defenders. They had the machine guns firing and rifles and pistols blasting, but it was not enough. The battalions made it into melee combat range and began slaughtering the ONA with ease. The rest of the ONA had begun to move out of the center of the town towards the fighting, only to be met by the MAB. The small frontline contingent of the ONA had been massacred, And the 2 Moorwhyneic battalions moved up. Only to find the rest of the town had been overcome by the MAB, surprise attacks split up the groups that where headed to the frontline. This made it easy for the MAB to surround them and kill them.
MAB losses: none
MFMB losses: 14,000 Marines
MSMB losses: 7,000 Marines
ONA losses: 250,000 peasant militia
ORA losses: 20,000 Engineers, 40 maxims

Last edited by Moorwhyne on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:07 pm

Moorwhyne officially announces the creation of the Siwarz Izleky. The new intelligence agency handles everything from spying, doing national surveys and compiling dossiers on important events or people.

They are currently based out of *CLASSIFIED and are REDACTED*

CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

their flag:

Prusko
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusko » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Montreal Nord wrote:
I don't know why this would be useful for ww1.

It will be useful because the government will have more money for the armed forces.

And it's not like the whole thing about the death of the King of Prussia was more useful for WW1.

OOC: Not approved.

Montreal Nord
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Montreal Nord » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 pm

OOC : Don't take it personal haha
That guy was just pissing me off.

Vahn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:52 pm

[Telegram dispatch from Reykjavik]

The Democratic States of Vahn hereby makes public an alliance between Vahn and the CIS. This has been some time and negotiation in the making but our nations are now partners on the world stage.
That will be all
This is not a signature

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Moorwhyne wrote:

Sits down*

*leonardo pulls out a file and starts flipping through some papers*
"We have plenty of auto making equipment, what kind would you like?"

"Preferably the type to make engines. And perhaps some industrial metal working equipment"

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Montreal Nord wrote:OOC : Don't take it personal haha

If I made you mad, i'm deeply sorry.
I had no intention on making you mad, I just didn't think that post was realistic to this time-period.

Prusko
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusko » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Moorwhyne wrote:
Montreal Nord wrote:OOC : Don't take it personal haha

If I made you mad, i'm deeply sorry.
I had no intention on making you mad, I just didn't think that post was realistic to this time-period.

OOC:It's not

Vahn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:22 pm

The next step of Vahn's national revival (now being called the "5 Year Plan") is to harness the very power of the earth to fuel our nation.

Work on Vahn's first geothermal energy plants will begin within the week. The Congress expects more than a dozen plants to be operational within the next three years.

We hope that our dependence on imported coal will be drastically reduced by the construction of these plants.

OOC: I did my homework this time guys. While geothermal power hadn't been utilized in Iceland until 1943, the technology to do so exists by 1914.
This is not a signature

Prusko
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusko » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:17 pm

War?

Now King Wilhelm II, has sent this dispatch to it's allies.

Dispatch
To: Confederation of Tula,Valegracht Empire.
Security: High/Encrypted

Hello, I ask for your help if things Start to go wrong in my new vision of Prussia, I would like to expand west into Osphen,and Belgium/Netherlands. If I would need support would you come to our aid?

Righteous Swords
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Righteous Swords » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Prusko wrote:War?

Now King Wilhelm II, has sent this dispatch to it's allies.

Dispatch
To: Confederation of Tula,Valegracht Empire.
Security: High/Encrypted

Hello, I ask for your help if things Start to go wrong in my new vision of Prussia, I would like to expand west into Osphen,and Belgium/Netherlands. If I would need support would you come to our aid?

Dispatch
To: Kingdom of Prusko
Security: MAXIMUM

We will support you in any move against Osphen or the Low Countries. We would follow you into the depths of Hell itself, if it will honour our alliances. We are with you in peace and safety, blood and steel. You have our full support.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents