NATION

PASSWORD

Battle for Brookopolis (Semi-Open, TG me, ATTN Koyro)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Greater Unolian Society
Civilian

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Battle for Brookopolis (Semi-Open, TG me, ATTN Koyro)

Postby The Greater Unolian Society » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:21 am

Brookopolis, Unolia

Wu Du, the so-called regent of the Kingdom of Unolia was coming close to full collapse. Three months had passed since the Greater Unolian Society had taken over the second largest city in the country and the blockade on the city by joint Jahistic People's Armymen and their compatriots in Koy Forces Unolia had taken its toll. They were running out of food and fast and many insurgents were surrendering to Jahistic authorities daily. The formerly 12,000 strong terrorist group was now a 3,000 man shell.

Wu Du kept his headquarters in the front offices of the Shawn Hitlay Memorial Iceplex in the center of the city, since the terrorist group had pretty much demolished both the Mayor's office and City Hall in their initial attacks on the city.

Wu had a choice in late October. He could surrender for the greater good or he could do literally anything else in an attempt to have the JLF/KFU coalition to deliver food to the starving citizens. He chose the latter. He chose threats and beheaded a Sjal reporter in an attempt to make the Jahistics negotiate for the safe return of a second reporter, The Firebrand's Jacklyn Lin.

That had not happened. The execution was a gruesome public relations coup for Jahistic leader Jacob Connors as he was able to portray the GUS not as just monarchist insurgents, but as terrorists who will stop at nothing to take over Unolia. To the international community, the Jahistics looked as the viable option compared to a restored Monarchy.

Jacob Connors, controlling the action via his proxy, Jackson Cody, had his own situation: he needed to have things wrapped up by November 9th for the Jarrod Thuman Birthday Celebration. He did not want war to overshadow celebration. On November 1, he ordered 200 tanks to reinforce the JLF/KFU forces in Brookopolis. He had no idea that the GUS were so underarmed, barely having enough semi-automatic weapons and sidearms for all of the 3,000 insurgents, that it would be a cake walk either way.

It's November 4. Now or never.
Last edited by The Greater Unolian Society on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:24 pm

The Outskirts of Brookopolis, Near Devil's Freeway

Devil's Freeway was the name given to a Freeway that led to Interprovince Road 323. It served as the focal point of the Jahistic blockade of the city. There was a strict line that read DO NOT CROSS around two-hundred meters from where Cody Jackson was standing, conversing with his troops. Although there was no GUS insurgents that dared stand guard at the line, it was expressly forbidden to cross that line out of just general fear.

"Commander." A young grunt walked up and saluted Jackson. "We have a phone call from the office of the Chairman." He handed Jackson a military grade cell phone.

"Greetings sir."

On the other line was Jacob Connors, the de facto leader of the newly formed Jahistic Union. He still retained his commander-in-chief position over the military and had been paying a special eye to the situation.

"Commander Jackson," he said, "I want you to stay in contact with Vice-Marshal Dae. I want forces on a level one standby, but do not advance."

"Yes sir." The line went dead.

Jackson looked at the grunt, examining him up and down. "Come with me."

They walked a short distance to the command vehicle and Jackson wrote a note to his Koy counterpart.

"Greetings. I believe Chairman Jacob Connors wants us to prep. All forces should be put on a minor standby. Do what you please with regards to your troops, but Connors probably wants everyone on alert."

"You know how to drive?" Jackson asked before he put his pen down.

"Sir, yessir!" The grunt shouted just like in basic training.

"Take that vehicle over there and drive around the city and get this note to the Koys. I swear to Christ if you cross into even a fucking suburb, I'll have your head if the GUS won't."

And so he started to drive around the perimeter of the city. It took him two hours to reach Koy central command, which was directly on the other side of the blockade.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Return to International Incidents