NATION

PASSWORD

The Butter side - [Interest, non-war related RPing group]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Butter side - [Interest, non-war related RPing group]

Postby Servinta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:15 pm

The Butter side

I've been playing a few RP's here and there over the time I've been playing on Nationstates but recently I've become a bit disheartened by actions of certain nations, while we were all investing time to make it a good story, they seemed intent on just winning wars, no matter how god mode they went about doing it.This has given me a thought, why don't we have more non-warfare related threads popping up I feel it provides a good ground for newer players to find their feet and for the more experienced sort to lay down some non-war related cannon.I'm not against war or military actions in any way I'm just saying that real nations are powered by more than just the military industrial complex and the heads of state alone (Well maybe not all nations anyways :p ).

This has brought me into deep sessions (Five minutes) of contemplation about the few threads that pop up every once in a while about things like air shows and nations sending men to explore new lands (weather its by boat or by spaceship for you FT types).These RP's that I saw weren't all that well made or thought out, but they weren't terrible either, in fact they were quite enjoyable once we went about finding strange cultures and such.

For now I'm just gauging the waters on this idea and hopefully I'm not the only one who would be interested in RP's like that.

Current RPs:

Expedition Myrobia
International Organisation of Microstates
Herald of Winter
The workers, Arise

Examples of some Non-War RP's that have been done:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311490 - A very nice one that I sadly never had the time to join in on.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=317713
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=308842
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=316563
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=316566
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=316001
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=312948
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311009
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=309932
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=308507

Random Ideas that pop into the mind:

• Diplomatic meetings for IC alliances and trade charters.
  • Exploration of new lands.
  • Spy and espionage missions to see what your arch nemesis is up too.
  • Nations sending research teams to go discover new resources in a certain nations territory.
  • Safari hunts in the wilds of a nation.
  • Political RP's such as presidential elections and law enactments.
  • Mountaineering with some challenges and "accidents". (Random yeti attack, RAWR)
  • Disaster relief missions (Military would maybe be taking a role but the focus would be countering the disasters effects, I.E people get trapped and the buildings collapsing around them while you and other nations have to save them.)
  • Festivals (Like the running with the bulls or those storefront festivals)
  • Police work and investigations into murder mysteries in your nation.
  • Wrecking-Recovering or investigating destroyed ships from battles long past (Free ships, treasure, shark attack UNDERWATER RAWR)
  • Maybe some stuff like an island hotel and resort for leaders.
  • Indiana Jones esq. Archaeological races (you go rutting around in the sand and have to contend with hostile local tribes and the other archaeologists.)
  • A Gold rush, of sorts (The nations send in workers to mine the stuff for their respective nations profit but unfair taxes cause trouble between the miners and the nation their in.)
  • Riots and protest. (From both the rioters and the polices perspectives)

If You are even slightly interested in such a group becoming a reality or have an idea for a non-warfare related RP please post it.
Last edited by Servinta on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Servinta wrote:If You are even slightly interested in such a group becoming a reality or have an idea for a non-warfare related RP please post it.

I guess I'm slightly interested.
Servinta wrote:

I like those 3 : P
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Allied Connurist States wrote:
Servinta wrote:If You are even slightly interested in such a group becoming a reality or have an idea for a non-warfare related RP please post it.

I guess I'm slightly interested.
Servinta wrote:

I'm happy to see that. :)

And I've seen a few RP's on spying go real well, along with cruise ship and hotel ones.

The Treaty ones are fun for making friends IC and OOC.

Have you ever taken part in any RP's like those?

Firewind
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Firewind » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Servinta wrote:
If You are even slightly interested in such a group becoming a reality or have an idea for a non-warfare related RP please post it.

Interested.

Especially in:
  • Nations sending research teams to go discover new resources in a certain nations territory.
  • Disaster relief missions (Military would maybe be taking a role but the focus would be countering the disasters effects, I.E people get trapped and the buildings collapsing around them while you and other nations have to save them.)
  • Wrecking-Recovering or investigating destroyed ships from battles long past (Free ships, treasure, shark attack UNDERWATER RAWR)
[Firewind roleplaying stats]
[Tech level MT]

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Firewind wrote:
Servinta wrote:

Interested.

Especially in:

I remember you, if I recall you had some interaction with Gilneas trying to riot against you, is that true? (IDK I'm remembering a riot and Gil trying to attack you :p )

So I know you do the diplomacy thing well.

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Servinta wrote:
Allied Connurist States wrote:I guess I'm slightly interested.

And I've seen a few RP's on spying go real well, along with cruise ship and hotel ones.

I have done lots of diplomatic meetings/treaties etc.
Haven't done spying or the latter but they sound interesting to me.
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Firewind
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Firewind » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Servinta wrote:
Firewind wrote:Interested.

Especially in:

I remember you, if I recall you had some interaction with Gilneas trying to riot against you, is that true? (IDK I'm remembering a riot and Gil trying to attack you :p )

Well, if you and I are remembering the same event, Gilneans were actually rioting that something should be done, and hurling rocks and molotov cocktails at the nonexistant Firewind embassy. Gilneas threatened to attack with nukes, and at the time I didn't have any nukes or nuke defenses of my own.

Eventually Gil resorted to their heir being killed, and out of "mourning" we lifted the embargo we had placed on them.
[Firewind roleplaying stats]
[Tech level MT]

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Allied Connurist States wrote:
Servinta wrote:

I have done lots of diplomatic meetings/treaties etc.
Haven't done spying or the latter but they sound interesting to me.

I've been looking for some more quality spying as well but the latest one I found was a bit to odd for my taste (spying on the mushroom kingdom :eyebrow: )

and I'm actually fully willing to be a Russia stand in for the spying to take place in, but finding people who are interested in non one liner non combat RP's has been tough.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Firewind wrote:
Servinta wrote:

Well, if you and I are remembering the same event, Gilneans were actually rioting that something should be done, and hurling rocks and molotov cocktails at the nonexistant Firewind embassy. Gilneas threatened to attack with nukes, and at the time I didn't have any nukes or nuke defenses of my own.

Eventually Gil resorted to their heir being killed, and out of "mourning" we lifted the embargo we had placed on them.

And yes I believe that was what happened, he has a way with those sort of things doesn't he. :p

Cyllea
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm interested, but I won't really be able to rolepla until I get my new computer for Christmas.

Capisaria
Senator

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Capisaria » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 pm

NEW LANDS!

I loved those sorts of RPs back when I first started. We could make a map, and claim areas, and maybe have little skirmishes, and have various colonies that have varying degrees of autonomy and build infrastructure UNGH YES

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:54 pm

I love so RPs and am willing and able to play if you do make a group just when and I'll be there I really like RPs that have to do with trade and building relations but spying could be fun too.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:58 pm

I am interested, as I find the endless shower of military RPs kind of boring as it creates nations with no civilian backstory.

I am definitely interested in the following, and would like to see civilian RPs like these.

However I have one question, guns or butter?
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:22 am

As a head of Realistic International Relations Simulations Group, I am willing to contribute.
Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:11 am

Glad to see people are interested in more than just war as an option for developing and building up their nation.

I'll be putting up an official group thread soon, and thankfully also I have something in the works RP wise just for this.

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:20 am

Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 am

I am intrested.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Ilva
Secretary

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ilva » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:44 am

I am interested. I had a very similar idea yesterday, by the way.
The Principality of Ilva is the founding member of the Community of Microstates

Anacove states
Envoy

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:47 am

tag*
Arkhanic Assassins wrote:How do I game?

Torisakia wrote:Being first isn't a huge achievement. It's like getting the firing squad over the electric chair-either way, you win nothing.

Zevretin
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zevretin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 am

Interested in diplomatic meetings, expeditions and the riots and protest. It sounds like a very good opportunity to develop our nations.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 am

I'll have the official groups thread up this afternoon and as I said befor I have an RP that I've been saving for a bit.

But what exactly is everyones general feelings toward an exploration/land grab/diplomacy RP? (Hint, Hint)

Ilva
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilva » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 am

Servinta wrote:I'll have the official groups thread up this afternoon and as I said befor I have an RP that I've been saving for a bit.

But what exactly is everyones general feelings toward an exploration/land grab/diplomacy RP? (Hint, Hint)

I'm a microstate of 295 square kilometres inhabited by 31,875 people. I couldn't land grab, but I could send explorers and/or act as neutral ground for the inevitable diplomatic meetings.
Last edited by Ilva on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:22 am

Its not really land grab per say, its more of securing your nations rights to operate on tracks of land in a severly underdeveloped nation.

So my bad on the deceptive discription.

(Hence the Diplomatic part for securing the rights.)
Last edited by Servinta on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ilva
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilva » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:30 am

Servinta wrote:Its not really land grab per say, its more of securing your nations rights to operate on tracks of land in a severly underdeveloped nation.

So my bad on the deceptive discription.

(Hence the Diplomatic part for securing the rights.)

I see. Sounds good.

Capisaria
Senator

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Capisaria » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:16 pm

I really really like it. What's the place?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents