NATION

PASSWORD

Mission to Mars [ISA ONLY/OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:09 pm

When you say speed 90 km/s do you mean 90 km/s ∆v or do you mean max speed, as in space there is no max speed, however there are ∆v budgets that you have to work around. Delta v means max velocity change, so your reaction mass expulsion into space will accelerate your ship to a point where there is no more reaction mass, and delta v is that speed. 90 km/s is more than enough delta v for the trip, infact your ship will be able to reach mars in one month with that much delta v. (you might want to increase your fuel tanks size if you want it to be realistic)
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Atomic Utopia wrote:When you say speed 90 km/s do you mean 90 km/s ∆v or do you mean max speed, as in space there is no max speed, however there are ∆v budgets that you have to work around. Delta v means max velocity change, so your reaction mass expulsion into space will accelerate your ship to a point where there is no more reaction mass, and delta v is that speed. 90 km/s is more than enough delta v for the trip, infact your ship will be able to reach mars in one month with that much delta v. (you might want to increase your fuel tanks size if you want it to be realistic)

So, I need more uranium?

It is an ion engine, not a liquid/solid fuel rocket.
Proud Member of the following Alliances:
International Space Agency
IATA
:Member of the United National Group:
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOUNDER
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:
Atomic Utopia wrote:When you say speed 90 km/s do you mean 90 km/s ∆v or do you mean max speed, as in space there is no max speed, however there are ∆v budgets that you have to work around. Delta v means max velocity change, so your reaction mass expulsion into space will accelerate your ship to a point where there is no more reaction mass, and delta v is that speed. 90 km/s is more than enough delta v for the trip, infact your ship will be able to reach mars in one month with that much delta v. (you might want to increase your fuel tanks size if you want it to be realistic)

So, I need more uranium?

No, you need more xenon gas or whatever fuel you are expelling out the exhaust. So essentially ion engines are little particle accelerators that accelerate ionized gas at a high speed (tens of thousands of km/s) therefore they are more efficient in reaction mass (sorry that I used the word fuel instead of reaction mass), however they still use reaction mass, and the fuel tanks on that thing look awfully small for that much delta v. So you may want to increase your reaction mass supply for the rocket.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Atomic Utopia wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:So, I need more uranium?

No, you need more xenon gas or whatever fuel you are expelling out the exhaust. So essentially ion engines are little particle accelerators that accelerate ionized gas at a high speed (tens of thousands of km/s) therefore they are more efficient in reaction mass (sorry that I used the word fuel instead of reaction mass), however they still use reaction mass, and the fuel tanks on that thing look awfully small for that much delta v. So you may want to increase your reaction mass supply for the rocket.

Oh, now I get what you were saying. Yes, one word makes a difference. 159ibs of fuel will approximately get us 16,000 hours of thrusting and if it only takes 30 days of travel it would only have used 720 hours of fuel. For a three month mission only, 2,160 hours of fuel would have been used. The two reinforced tanks would be able to hold (literal) tons of fuel.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Does the reactor require active maintenance? If it does I will send a nuclear engineer to repair, maintain, and run all nuclear systems on the ship.
Fabulously bisexual.

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:27 am

can anyone give me a link to the IC page
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:33 am

Where do I join the ISA?

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:34 am

Republic of Coldwater wrote:Where do I join the ISA?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=313526
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm

The ship that would be used for this mission is going through some design changes, which may be posted tonight or tomorrow.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:The ship that would be used for this mission is going through some design changes, which may be posted tonight or tomorrow.

I can not wait until I can see it.
Fabulously bisexual.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Atomic Utopia wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:The ship that would be used for this mission is going through some design changes, which may be posted tonight or tomorrow.

I can not wait until I can see it.

It will be larger and be able to have 11-13 crew. Image and details coming soon.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:26 pm

DSS Horizon (Model II)
Crew: 11
-1 Captain/Systems Expert (Dragomerian)
-1 Engineer/Systems Repair
-1 Communications Engineer
-1 Nuclear Engineer
-1 Plant Grower
-1 Psychologist
-1 Biologist
-1 Geologist
-1 Physicist
-2 Trained Astronaughts
Power: Nuclear Fission Reactor
Short Range Shuttles: 2 Dragon SD-73-A (or any shuttle compatible with Dragomerian Docking Ports)
Lander: 1 Wyvern 73D
Living Area: Centrifuge Style
Engine: Ion Propulsion (MT Source)
Top Speed: 90km/s
Total Length: 137.5 meters
Last edited by Dragomerian Islands on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:(Image)

DSS Horizon (Model II)
-1 Nuclear Engineer
-1 Plant Grower
-1 Psychologist
-1 Biologist
-1 Geologist
-1 Physicist
-2 Trained Astronaughts
Short Range Shuttles: 2 Dragon SD-73-A (or any shuttle compatible with Dragomerian Docking Ports)

What? You could fit an herbalist and a psychologist in there, but no room for a robotics engineer? :(
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:42 pm

:rofl:

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 pm

So, do I have permission to send a nuclear engineer?
Fabulously bisexual.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Atomic Utopia wrote:So, do I have permission to send a nuclear engineer?

Yes, permission granted.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:(Image)

DSS Horizon (Model II)
-1 Nuclear Engineer
-1 Plant Grower
-1 Psychologist
-1 Biologist
-1 Geologist
-1 Physicist
-2 Trained Astronaughts

What? You could fit an herbalist and a psychologist in there, but no room for a robotics engineer? :(

There is no need because it is not planned to bring robots on this mission.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:47 pm

Congreveopia wrote:What? You could fit an herbalist and a psychologist in there, but no room for a robotics engineer? :(

There is no need because it is not planned to bring robots on this mission.

*Collapses backwards in shock* but... but... not bringing robots to Mars feels like not bringing an incredibly cruddy camera to Loch Ness. It just... you don't just go to Mars without robots...

You know what? This actually works fine. I'll launch a robotic mission at the same time to study the caves. That way my robots can help you if you need a hand, and you might be able to help my robots somehow.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Okay, here's a rough outline of the Congreveopian Mission to Mars project:

Rockets (payload capacity to Mars Orbit):
-Odyssey 1-A (0.5 tons)
-Odyssey 1-B (30 tons)
-Odyssey 1-C (20 tons)
-Odyssey 1-D (40 tons)
-Odyssey 2-X (10 tons)
-Odyssey 2-A (40 tons)
-Odyssey 2-B (80 tons)
-Odyssey 2-C (160 tons)
-Odyssey 2-D (200 tons)
-Odyssey 2-E (100 tons)

Missions:

Mars Acquisition Equipment Testing:
This mission will familiarise Congreveopia with the challenges of getting to Mars. It will use an Odyssey 1-A rocket to test the effectiveness of the Odyssey series in moving cargo to Mars.

Mars Infrastructure Framework Setup:
This mission will send a number of satellites to Mars aboard an Odyssey 1-B rocket that will allow almost continual communications with any point on the Martian surface. These satellites will also begin studying the martian surface looking for potentially interesting landing sites.

Mars Data Improvement Initiative:
This mission will send a network of satellites to Mars aboard an Odyssey 1-C rocket that will allow high-bandwidth data transmission to and from Mars.

Mars Proto Locational Selection Program:
This mission will send some satellites aboard an Odyssey 1-C rocket to Mars. The satellites will work to refine the list of interesting locations to study compiled by the MIFS satellites.

Mars Surface Target Refinement Search:
This mission will send a large amount of cheap landers to Mars aboard an Odyssey 1-B rocket. They will further investigate the list of possible areas to study compiled by MIFS and MPLSP.

Mars Rover Exploration Initiative:
This mission will send several small rovers to Mars aboard an Odyssey 1-B rocket to investigate the research sites suggested by previous missions. This will also allow Congreveopia to determine the challenges facing robots on Mars in a variety of environments.

Mars Robotics Improvement Initiative:
This will build on the data acquired in the MREI mission. It will send new rovers to Mars that will be better adapted to researching and surviving in the Mars environment. These will be deployed to any location that the MREI rovers found interesting, or if there is surplus room on the Odyssey 1-B, they will head to locations that there were insufficient MREI rovers to investigate.

Mars Large Rover Exploration Project:
This will use an Odyssey 1-D to send large rovers to any areas that MREI and MRII found interesting. It will also give Congreveopia experience with large robotics on the surface of Mars.

Mars Future Equipment Testing:
This will use an Odyssey 2-X to send several landers to Mars that will experiment with various proposals for future robotic technology to be deployed on Mars. It will also allow for testing of the new upper-stage engines on the generation 2 Odyssey rockets.

Mars Future Equipment Deployment:
This will use an Odyssey 2-A to deploy larger tests of promising technology discovered during the MFET mission.

Mars Exploration Location Finalisation Project:
This will deploy a new generation of extra-large Congreveopian robots incorporating technology from the MFED mission to Mars aboard the Odyssey 2-A rocket to investigate the most promising locations identified in previous missions.

Mars Cooperative Robotics Experiment:
This will send a group of robots to Mars aboard the Odyssey 2-A rocket designed to operate cooperatively and repair each other, hopefully creating the foundation for the framework of following missions.

Mars Base Assembly:
This will send the first equipment for assembling a base on Mars capable of servicing, organising and deploying robots along with a team of special assembly robots. It will use the Odyssey 2-B rocket.

Mars Base Expansion Initiative:
This will use the information from the MBA mission to add significantly to the Martian base. It will use the Odyssey 2-B rocket.

Mars Escape Infrastructure Setup:
This will use five Odyssey 2-C rockets to assemble a rocket in orbit above Mars capable of returning a fifty ton payload to Earth orbit.

Mars Final Preparation Project:
This will use two Odyssey 2-B rockets to deliver any final equipment to Mars necessary for the coming missions.

Mars Human Exploration Mission:
This mission will send four astronauts to Mars to study it from orbit for a year and provide control for the following mission. It will use one Odyssey 2-D rocket.

Mars Robotic Swarm Mission:
This mission will deploy a swarm of diverse robots to Mars. It will use five Odyssey 2-E rockets. The robots will operate extremely cooperatively, and will perform comprehensive mapping and analysis of the area they are deployed to.

Mars Human Sustenance Project:
This mission will send an Odyssey 2-E to Mars with supplies for the humans for the second half of the year.

Mars Sample Liberation Mission:
This mission will use two Odyssey 2-D rockets to deploy supplies for a rocket to be constructed at the Mars base that will return samples gathered by the MRSM to the manned station in orbit.

Mars Departure Mission:
The humans will leave Mars aboard a vehicle assembled from their station and the MEIS rocket.

Earth Retrieval Mission:
Destiny will “catch” the vehicle returning from Mars and the samples will be sent back to Earth while the astronauts will gradually re-acclimatize to gravity aboard Destiny.

I estimate that this project will take about sixty years to complete.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 am

So, if we want to have our projects sync up, how do we want to do it? It will be about fifty nine years from me starting exploring Mars to me sending humans to it. Do we want to just say that I've been working on this for over half a century, or shall we briefly summarise our various programs leading up to this point, because I do really like the idea of sending multiple missions at once. It makes everything so much safer to have one ready to support the other if something goes wrong.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:49 pm

Tsarist Chernigov wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:OOC:
This RP shall surround the creation, development, and travel of a Mars Mission done by members of the International Space Agency. There is only two rules: Do not Godmod and NO WAR! One additional rule: DO OT POST IF YOU ARE NOT AN ISA MEMBER

IC:
It was October of 2014, and the Dragomerian Islands had decided to start preparing for a Mars Mission. The Dragomerian Islands were now drafting plans and designs. To help in their endeavor, they called upon the members of the ISA for help. Now, they wait for a response from the members of the ISA.....

I would like to propose us combining Project Olympus and what ever the name of your mission is if possible.I will send specialists for the mission.
You still stole my idea after I proposed it though.

Just because you mentioned an idea doesn't make you the creator, original inventor, or owner of it. Besides, Dragomerian Islands has put work into this. I mean look at that OP on the IC! That's what... almost six sentences? That takes dedication to create.

Links:

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Is this RP dead? I hope it is not.
Fabulously bisexual.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Atomic Utopia wrote:Is this RP dead? I hope it is not.

No, It is not dead. The mission shall proceed this weekend.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Atomic Utopia wrote:Is this RP dead? I hope it is not.

No, It is not dead. The mission shall proceed this weekend.

I hope not as well, Will post an arrival to your launch station tomorrow.

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 pm

So, I would like some data on the reactor, this is because my nuclear engineer will talk a lot about the reactor/ deal with the reactor a lot. Therefore I wish to deal with the reactor realistically (otherwise it kind of pains me to say things about the reactor).
If you do not really care how the reactor is designed, I will fill in the details myself.
Last edited by Atomic Utopia on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabulously bisexual.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents