NATION

PASSWORD

Mission to Mars [ISA ONLY/IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Mission to Mars [ISA ONLY/IC]

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:40 am

OOC:
This RP shall surround the creation, development, and travel of a Mars Mission done by members of the International Space Agency. There is only two rules: Do not Godmod and NO WAR! One additional rule: DO OT POST IF YOU ARE NOT AN ISA MEMBER

IC:
It was October of 2014, and the Dragomerian Islands had decided to start preparing for a Mars Mission. The Dragomerian Islands were now drafting plans and designs. To help in their endeavor, they called upon the members of the ISA for help. Now, they wait for a response from the members of the ISA.....
Last edited by Dragomerian Islands on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the following Alliances:
International Space Agency
IATA
:Member of the United National Group:
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOUNDER
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Sumaltheria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sumaltheria » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:51 am

To: Dragomerian Islands
Subject: Mars Mission

To whom it may concern,
We have heard of your plans of a Mars Mission, and as a member of the ISA will aid this. We will be sending in two of our best scientist and planners. We hope this will suffice.

Richard Breek
Minister of Science and Space
[url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?
f=4&t=312626]Proud Member
of
The Grand
Alliance
of
Free Nations
[/url]

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:06 pm

To: The Dragomerian Aero-Space Command (DASC)
From: Federal Department of Aeronautics and Space Exploration (DASE)
Topic: Assistance
Security: MAXIMUM

Greetings fellow ISA member!

We've duly noted your request for assistance in this mission, and we feel like it would be an injustice to ignore such a promising opportunity for international co-operation. We would like to contribute our most promising Astronaut to this mission and all his expertise. Also, as a gesture of good faith, we will provide over 1 billion $NSD in funding.

Zachary Samson
High Councillor of DASE
Last edited by Liberated Counties on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:06 pm

OOC: Can we set up separate OOC and IC threads for this?
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Congreveopia wrote:OOC: Can we set up separate OOC and IC threads for this?

Wish Granted!
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:41 pm

To:Dragomerian Islands

ServKosmosa has received your nations communique to our fellow ISA member nations to assist in the proposed mission to mars and will gladly see to helping this mission to become a successful one.As the Director of ServKosmosa I will petition my goverment to contribute our Tengri Shuttle along with trained shuttle crew and support personal to arrive at the launch area and await there for the mission to begin.For now I will be sending the applications for travel visas to the Arch-Chairman of foreign relations so that I can gain permission to move Servintan goverment equipment outside of the country.

With hopes to see you soon,
Conrad Pivkin

Conrad Pivkin finished his letter and then switched to writing the Arch-Chairman so that he could secure the travel visas for the Servintan crew and personal.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 am

Official Message from Apex Aerospace

Hello,

We are Apex Aerospace, a Coldwateran Aerospace Company with successful launches of probes up to the Moon and even Mars in the past. We congratulate your nation's ambitious goal of landing on Mars. We would love to help the research and further development of life sustainment and engines for the sake of traveling to Mars, but we would like to know further details about this mission to Mars.

Regards,
Aerospace
Last edited by Republic of Coldwater on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:30 pm

DASC OFFICIAL MESSAGE
Written By: King Drago Dragomere
The Holy Monarchy of the Dragomerian Islands
000 Dragomere Road
Dragomere City, Dragomere Island 101
Dragomerian Islands, Lazarus

ISA Nations that have offered to help/participate in Project Horizon,

I firmly accept all help offered thus far. I will now release the details of this mission. The DSS Horizon shall travel to Mars using the new Ion Propulsion Engines. Once it reaches Mars, the crew shall decide where to land. Once a landing craft reaches the surface, the geologists with the landing party shall start collecting rock, ice, and possibly water samples to determine the viability of life and to answer the question 'Was there life on Mars?' They will continuing researching and analyzing samples until their one month is up, which would be the time in which they head back to the Earth. the ultimate goal is to determine if a colony could be built on Mars.

Respectfully,
Drago Dragomere VII,
King of the Dragomerian Islands
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Department of Atomic Energy Official Communique

From
1528 Atom lane
Sorton, Sorton
Grock Coalition

October 23,2014

To
King Drago Dragomere, or whomever it may reach in the bureaucracy.
000 Dragomere Road

King Drago Dragomere,

I have received your communique regarding project Horizon, the proposed mission to mars. I must congratulate you for having an ambition I am afraid many of us do not have. It is this ambition, this desire to accomplish not what is easy, but that which is hard drives us forward. And with this development, this advancement of our interests, and of the interests of all human kind we will see success, not for any one nation, but for all human kind. Therefore it is in our interests to assist in this endeavor, if only to see our knowledge of the universe advanced so much more. To assist in this project we shall provide any nuclear engineering personnel you need for the maintenance and operation of the onboard power generating reactor. We will also provide 2 billion NSD to the program from the budget of A.D.V.A.N.C.E. for this mission.

Sincerely,

Szilágyi Beriszl, Director of The Grock Coalition Department of Atomic Energy

Having finished his letter he pressed the print key. Having wrote his tenth letter in the day, and not intending to waste his day writing letters for the day was still young, he quickly began preparations for the Horizon project.

The first order of business was to contact the director of ADVANCE-ARD. He too had once been the director of ADVANCE-ARD, ascending to that office when he was merely thirty two years of age. How that office had seemed such a massive morass of paperwork, and now, nearly ten years later, he was lucky if he had as much paperwork to fill out as on even the worst days as director of ADVANCE-ARD.

He soon realized he had to contact the director of ADVANCE-ARD now for a meeting was scheduled at 1500 hours. He at first went to get his cell phone from his desk, but then he realized that he was in a giant faraday cage to protect against electromagnetic pulses, therefore it wouldn't work. He quickly jolted the receiver up towards his ear, and quickly dialed the phone number of the director of ADVANCE-ARD. The Director of ADVANCE-ARD answered first.

To whom do I have the honor to speak to?

You are speaking to the Director of the DAE (Department of Atomic Energy)

So, what do you want?

If you would be so kind as to provide the new Horizon Project with a nuclear engineer...

What is this Horizon Project, I have heard of no Horizon Project.

Horizon is a mission to mars proposed by a fellow ISA member, look, since you do not know what it is, there is little use talking to you about the project. I will send you a copy of the communique we received.

Thank you, I will tell you what can be done once I have read it.

He hung up, dissatisfied with the lack of knowledge among his fellow directors exhibited about international events. However there would now be a meeting, and he could relax, safe in the knowledge that delays like this were among the less serious ones he had faced.
Last edited by Atomic Utopia on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Torrumbarry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrumbarry » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:24 am

Communique of the Holy Constitutional Monarchy of the Commonwealth of Torrumbarry

Recipient: King Drago Dragomere, The Holy Monarchy of the Dragomerian Islands
Sender: Chairwoman Doctor Nora Montgomery, Ambassador of the Torrumbarian Administration for Aerospace and Aeronautics to the ISA
Encryption: NONE/PUBLIC

To His Majesty the King of the Dragomerian Islands,
It is with great pleasure and anticipation that I dispatch this missive of intent to you. Your request for assistance has been duly noted, and Torrumbarry shall be dispatching of its most proficient and accomplished astronauts, Lieutenant Colonel Paul F. Nash, a veteran of the Torrumbarian Administration for Aerospace and Aeronautics. My Secretary will forward you his travel documents in due course, in the anticipation that his vast surplus of expertise and adroitness will suffice.

This glorious ambition shall only be fulfilled if assistance in as many forms as possible is provided. Thus I am inclined to donate NS$4,850,300,000 from the TAAA's annual budget to aid in the funding of this endeavor. In addition, no return on our investment is expected, save the crowning triumph of this undertaking.

Godspeed,
Chairwoman Nora Montgomery, Ambassador of the Torrumbarian Administration for Aerospace and Aeronautics to the ISA
BUSY IRL - UNABLE TO POST

President: Rt. Hon. Lance Hemingway
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Rt. Hon. Abigail Thorpe
Constitutional King: His Eminence Edmund VII of House Adelaide
Population: RENOVATING-HARD HAT ZONE

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Perminov control center,outskirts of Marassau city,Abstern province,Servinta

After a few months of preperation and planning the Servintan ServKosmosa crews and technicians were prepped and readied for using and applying the Dragomerian Islander systems to their own shuttles systems.This had been a hard process as the technologys of the Dragomerian Aero-Space Command were of completely different from the aged Servintan systems, which were descended from Soviet designs that had been used for the Sputnik III and Bromanda launches during Servintas years as a satellite state.But they had finally finished with their modifications after many trials, even more errors, and a totaled 200 hours of calls to the Dragomerians technical support call center for assistance and information on their systems technical specifications.This was a head ache for Conrad Pivkin who hadn't though that this program would be such a drain on both his bank account and his work-time, putting several other projects for the ISA on hold as the Servintans devoted their energies to pushing their shuttle to accept the modifications that would allow it comparability with the foreign technology.

"I'm glad its all ready, I thought this would be the death of me and this company." Pivkin said as he leaned back in his office chair and looked outside the window.

"We'll it isn't, and it will be bringing us forward, as the Arch-Leader has taken interest in this now." His assistant director Wetano mentioned while messing with one of Pivkin's office plants.

"No pressure right?" Pivkin joked.

"More than you can imagine." Wetano joked back.

"But will the other agencies hold up on their ends?" Pivkin questioned as he stood up from his chair and walked over to the window.

"I hope so or else this will have all been for naught." Wetano said with a sad tone of voice, he could hear the band playing now which meant that the goodbye celebration was starting.

"Well, enough philosophizing, time to see the crews off." Pivkin insisted as he opened the doorway to the balcony.

The two walked outside Pivkins office and onto the buildings executive balcony, there they had a full view of the adjoining airfield and the multiple hangers that held the current and future ServKosmosa projects.The band was playing a delightful tune as men were dragging their suitcases and baggage up the ramps and into the passenger plane that was to carry all the necessary personal to DASC Launch site #13 in the Dragomerian Islands, down the runway another cargo plane was being filled with the technical equipment needed to sustain the crews and the shuttle for its launch.The shuttle, Tengri one was already en-rout to the launch site and would soon be joined by its crew and the fellow nations of the ISA who would be sending crew members for the Horizon II mission.

It was all coming together for Pivkin, this would be the mission that sent ServKosmosa and Servinta as a whole to the international stage.

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:56 pm

A.D.V.A.N.C.E. Offices and Research Center, Enola Central Experimental Weapons Testing Facility

Karl Penzik, director of ADVANCE had recently received the papers for Horizon. It was, in his mind, absurd that his department should pay for this toy of the Board of Technocrats. Why should ADVANCE pay extra for this mission to mars when there is the ever widening missile and space gap with the south grock sea antarctic alliance? Would the ATCAP party (who always wanted to invade the Grock Coalition) take mercy upon them for wasting their money on silly missions to other planets instead of building missiles and defenses? His mind raced to find answers as to why the director of the Department of Atomic Energy could agree to this mission. Was it possibly his lack of knowledge about the current military situation? He had been director of ADVANCE before, and advance was a part of the military even then, so it was improbable he would be completely ignorant of the enemy. Regardless of the reason Penzik thought that the Director of the DAE was and idiot.

At least, he thought, the cost of the crew contribution was relatively low. However it was not as low as he would of liked, as the Dragomerian standard docking ports were slightly different than the existing Grock docking ports. The Grock docking ports, at first, seemingly fit perfectly with the Grock docking ports on all craft of the grock coalition. However nothing could be that simple for ADVANCE was a space program, and as a space program had to have its own strange standard. When the docking ports were measured it was quickly found that the grock docking ports were a few millimeters too small for the Dragomerian standard docking ports. Therefore ADVANCE had to retrofit a shuttle and its respective docking port on a Gabriel class Atomic Space Defense Craft. The entire process took nearly a month and cost them twenty million NSD more on top of the repairs of the craft before launch.

Suddenly the intercom clicked and the announcer began to speak in her (or was it his?) dull voice.
"All personnel in sector 2C are to change shifts at 1300 hours tomorrow rather than the usual 1400 hours due to testing. Todays lunch selections in the cafeteria are, tuna salad sandwich, rubin sandwiches, and bratwurst with sauerkraut. Also in t plus thirty minutes the launch of the Gabriel is scheduled. Due to the nature of the craft the north and northeast sections of the building will have the window shields lowered to prevent flash blindness. If you wish to view the craft please go to the outside viewing area. Please wear flash goggles to prevent blindness if viewing, thank you."

Penzik decided that, since he had nothing else to do at the time, and attempting to contemplate why Berisz was such an idiot was a lost cause, he would view the launch. He exited his office on the 45th floor and entered the elevator in the central pillar of the building. The elevator went down all 45 floors only stopping three times. However on the bottom floor he saw the director of the DAE. The Berisz saw him and came to greet him.

Penzik spoke first in a angry tone.
"I see you came to take your pound of flesh personally."

"Why are you angry at me when we should be rejoicing, the the mission to bring the first people on mars will be completed by your department." Said Berisz, irritated by the lack of excitment his colleague had for the project.

"That is exactly why I am irritated. That money could go to bigger and better defenses for the people. Why should we waste money on Horizon when the ATCAP party would like very well to enslave our people, and have our heads on a stick." Penzik spat out angrily at Berisz.

Berisz shook his head in sadness and walked away from Penzik.

Penzik, now free of Berisz, who he could not understand, walked to the tram stop and waited for the tram to the viewing area. He entered the tram and rode through several stops to the viewing area. The viewing area was a large cement slab looking out of the northeastern ridge near the launch site. He could see, five miles away, the spacecraft being raised to launch position. Suddenly a loud noise was heard as the supports moved into place.

"Launch in t minus thirty seconds. Put your high density goggles on to prevent flash blindness. t-ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... three... two... one." Said the launch commander over the intercom.

He saw the first pulse to push the craft away from the ground. He saw the light of the explosion first, then the first nuclear charge detonated about a second after the conventional charge. The pulse unit created a brilliant flash of light as it detonated with a force of half a kiloton. Then another detonated about a second after that. On the twentieth bomb he heard the first detonation, a tremendous roar was all he could hear after that as the shockwaves echoed in the valley. He enjoyed the sight and sound of such launches, as it was not only the deployment of one of three such craft into high orbit, but a show of nuclear might to the South Grock Sea-Antartic Alliance. He felt the craft was inadequate for the mission to defend the Coalition, it had only enough delta v to bring it into orbit, conduct a few orbital maneuvers, and return to earth. However it was still capable of accomplishing the mission to deliver the crew contribution. Soon, this military ship shall send its only passenger by shuttle to the Horizon to board it and run the reactor on the Horizon.
Last edited by Atomic Utopia on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Tsarist Chernigov
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarist Chernigov » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 am

Dragomerian Islands wrote:OOC:
This RP shall surround the creation, development, and travel of a Mars Mission done by members of the International Space Agency. There is only two rules: Do not Godmod and NO WAR! One additional rule: DO OT POST IF YOU ARE NOT AN ISA MEMBER

IC:
It was October of 2014, and the Dragomerian Islands had decided to start preparing for a Mars Mission. The Dragomerian Islands were now drafting plans and designs. To help in their endeavor, they called upon the members of the ISA for help. Now, they wait for a response from the members of the ISA.....

I would like to propose us combining Project Olympus and what ever the name of your mission is if possible.I will send specialists for the mission.
You still stole my idea after I proposed it though.
Last edited by Tsarist Chernigov on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defcon 1 [2]3 4 5

Full Member of the International Space Agency
Proud member of the Christian Liberty Alliance
★Proud Member of the United Monarchist Alliance★
I may use Kinetic strike weapons from time to time.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:14 pm

We have heard about your planned mission to mars. As a member of the ISA, we support you. In order to help this project we will allow your nation the use of our R&D laboratory and our tracking station. We will begin doing any research required by your nation in order to fulfill this objective

Krakenspeed,
BSP Administration Team
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space - each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
- Randall Munroe

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:39 pm

DASC OFFICIAL MESSAGE
000 Dragomere Road

ISA Nations that have offered to help/participate in Project Horizon,

I hereby would like to declare that we need nations whom would like to have some of their astronauts on this mission, should send a response to this message. The positions shall be listed at the end of this message. The ship is currently in orbit and the finishing touches are being made to the equipment and systems.

The positions needed on this mission are listed below:
-1 Captain/Systems Expert (Taken-Dragomerian)
-1 Engineer/Systems Repair
-1 Communications Engineer
-1 Nuclear Engineer
-1 Plant Grower
-1 Psychologist
-1 Biologist
-1 Geologist
-1 Physicist
-2 Trained Astronauts

Respectfully,
Drago Dragomere VII,

DASC HQ
The Technical team had just completed adjustments to the software that was going to be uploaded into the systems. The systems, which now contain a new version of the Dragon AP-14 Computer software, were now being remotely tested to measure performance and ease of use. Meanwhile, the reactor on Horizon was being calibrated for the mission. Its systems consisting of an arrangement similar to that of nuclear submarines; however, to keep the reactor from overheating, a liquid nitrogen is circulated to cool the system down enough to prevent a meltdown.

Meanwhile, in the Mission Operations Division, the routes and mission specifics were being finalized. It was decided that the mission specifics would include collecting rock samples, planning the ISA and Dragomerian Flags, testing the soil for specific compounds that could sustain life, looking for water in a liquid form, and taking samples of the polar icecap. It was also decided that they would also investigate the surrounding areas for possible later landing sites.
OOC: Place a reply to the message in this post to officially request a spot(s) on this mission. Also, if you need specifications on curtain systems, feel free to ask either by IC Post, OOC Question, or OOC Telegram on the NS Game-side area.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Sumaltheria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sumaltheria » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 am

To: Dragomorian Islands
Subject: Communicatioms Engineer

We have a highly qualified communications engineer, Joey Folsom, which we would like to send on this space mission. If he is accepted, would you kindly send in more detail the required tasks which he would have to do.
Thank you for your help.

Richard Breek
Minister of Science and Space
[url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?
f=4&t=312626]Proud Member
of
The Grand
Alliance
of
Free Nations
[/url]

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 am

To:The most honorable King of the Dragomerian Islands

ServKosmosa has received your nations request to us and our fellow ISA member nations to send qualified personal to man and assist the mission to mars.We already have our support personal in route to your launch facility preparing the Tengri-1 and Tengri-2 to carry all our personal into orbit so we may better ease your logistics in the mission.We also have two well trained Kosmonauts who are experienced in zero G environments and the like, please accept their services as a sign of good will from the Arch-Leaders glorious Space Corps in ServKosmosa.

With respect and regards,
Conrad Pivkin

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:10 pm

TO: Dragomerian Islands
FROM: ISA Assistant Director of Foreign Construction, The Royal Empire of the GAmeTopians
ENCRYPTION: None

Good evening,
We have received your communique about your mission to Mars, and we would like to make a request. We would like to send an unmanned shuttle to Mars carrying a load of equipment needed to set up a communications station. We would like to send an engineer on Project Horizon with your men in order to set up the station. This is for the purpose of testing communication delay through space.

Sincerely,
Assistant Director of Foreign Construction
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Captain Cillin Devin,
Director,
Aigéantir Space Initiative (ASI),
Horizon Fields, Island of Lir,
Kingdom of Aigéantir
20:49 PST

Captain CIllin Devin was just about to head out from his office when he received a message from ISA Project Horizon. There was a serious need for personnel for an upcoming mission to Mars and back. Unfortunately, details were sketchy from what they had heard over the past few days. The mission was mostly to gather samples, which to Captain Devin seemed easier, more cost effective, and less dangerous to be done with unmanned rovers. Of course he was as fascinated by the idea of exploring space as much as any other former astronaut, but he was very worried about some particular flaws in the plan.

First and foremost, it was surprising to hear that the ship that would be taking this mission to Mars was already built and in space. Considering that the list of personnel forwarded by the Dragomerian Islands suggested that positions were still open for much of the ship, Devin worried about what untrained crew on unfamiliar equipment might do wrong long before they even reach Mars. Between language barriers, and this lack of training, he worried about committing any of his trained astronauts so hastily.

Furthermore, it did not sound as if the ship was fully complete, as other nations had sent confirmation of additional parts arriving only a few days earlier. Under the circumstances, Devin drafted a quick letter to the Dragomerian Islands, who seemed to be heading up this mission:

Office of the Director,
Aigéantir Space Initiative,
Horizon Field, Island of Lir,
Kingdom of Aigéantir,

Greetings colleagues at ISA and the Dragomerian Islands,

It has come to our attention that you are on the final stages of Project Horizon, and we at the ASI would like to congratulate you on all your hard work and dedication so far.

We too wish to assist with this mission, but are a little concerned about the safety and security of our own crew considering the general lack of training they have using your equipment. We have seen the reports so far, but are still unsure what type of engine you plan to use, your planned trajectory, mission duration, as well as how you plan to create a stable orbit, land, collect samples, and relaunch from the surface of Mars before returning to the spaceship.

Furthermore, we are curious to know the reason why some personnel are needed, while others are not included. If this is meant only as an initial survey mission, a hydroponics expert (plant grower) may not be as necessary as a longer duration, colony mission. One such element missing from this mission is a trained doctor, as with any mission of this complexity, there are bound to be unexpected accidents.

We do not wish this mission any ill, but we prefer a little more in-depth information before committing our own personnel and equipment.

We hope you can get back to us shortly, so that we can provide support if deemed safe enough by our own Administration, to proceed,

Captain Cillin Devin,
Director,
Aigéantir Space Initiative

OCC: You can send me a TG if it makes it easier. Mainly a full layout of systems, and mission stages is what I'm looking at. I noticed I think in OOC that you said it was a plasma-based engine, yet here it's a nuclear reactor cooled with liquid nitrogen. All I know is that you have an engine. What is the hull made of? What kind of systems and subsystems exist on board? Is there a layout of the ship? Will there be enough room for the size of crew you're looking for? How many of the crew will need to land on Mars? Will they land in different locations? How are they getting there? Most importantly, once they're down, how do they get off Mars? What is the max amount of time of oxygen for the Mars landing party? How do you plan to break planet orbit (cause obviously the ship is staying in orbit, right?)? I'm not trying to be a pain, but I am a pain about realism, and a mission to Mars one-way takes almost a month, and there is a lot of room for error, and from what I've gathered so far it seems like some of the systems are going to be made up en-route to Mars :P
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:24 pm

DASC OFFICIAL MESSAGE
000 Dragomere Road

Captain Cillin Devin,

I realize that you do have some concerns. From the early stages of the project, it was planned to be a multinational effort. With that in mind, we had everything designed to use the Common Language (English). We have also supplied detailed manuals for all the equipment. As for the lack of training, that is why I was requesting experts, so that they would be able to do their job. In order to keep the systems stabilized and to allow for minimal human input, the entire ship is automated to at least some degree in every part of the ship. These automated functions allow the Ion Propulsion Engines to maintain a stable orbit at minimal thrust.

We have decided to withhold the information on the trajectory and some schematics at this time, due to security concerns; however that information shall be available at a later date prior to launch.

We have opened up positions for other nations to fill with their own personnel, because we decided that we wanted an international Mars Mission. We actually could have filled all the positions ourselves, but we decided to allow foreigners to gain positions to increase international cooperation during this mission. We decided to have a Plant Grower on the ship because, with all the equipment that we placed onboard, there was not enough room for the minimum three months of food supplies, thus we replaced that need with using a greenhouse instead. As per why no doctors were listed, well that was a typo in the original letter, as one of the points should have been Psychologist/Doctor. My nation shall be taking care of the Doctor position.

We have been doing extensive safety test, and no serious issues have arisen, while the issues that did need to be fixed were easily fixed. There will be plenty of spare parts in the ship after it starts its maiden voyage, thus, the safety risk is minimal to none.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Drago Dragomere VII,

OOC: The more technical stuff about the systems will come right before I launch the Horizon.
Last edited by Dragomerian Islands on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Zorga
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Zorga is interested!

Postby Zorga » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:03 pm

To: All ISA Nations

To all whom may concern,

Zorga fully supports this mission, and will provide any assistance to the project. Zorganese have been planning and organizing a trip like this for ages. While we were still part of Alorianistan, we had sent a rover to Mars to explore the surface. However, our planned mars mission was canceled when our country fell into a nuclear civil war. Since our independence, our goal is to continue what our predecessor started and land a man on mars.

On this mission, we have two requests. Request one, is to retrieve our Aloristani Mars rover. This was very symbolic to our people and will be taken back to Zorga and put in a museum. Plus, it will serve as another relic from Alorianistan, and help us hold on to a culture, which was virtually wiped off the planet. Our second request, is to put our own men into space. We have selected a few of our highest scoring Cosmonauts to go on the mission. They will serve with great honor and distinction and will contribute greatly to the ISA and the mission.

-Dr. Vladimir Lockith, Director of Foreign Construction
Last edited by Zorga on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Full Member and Director of Foreign Construction of the International Space Agency

NOTE: This nation DOES NOT reflect my actual views

Southern Nationalist and Proud Libertarian!

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:55 pm

DASC OFFICIAL MESSAGE
000 Dragomere Road

Zorga,

We have heard your request and shall grant it. We shall retrieve the rover and return it to your nation. All that I would need is its coordinates on Mars in order to find it.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Drago Dragomere VII,
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Grangeco
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grangeco » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Grand Messengerial from The Constitutional Monarchy of Grangeco

To The Holy Monarchy of the Dragomerian Islands
This mission to mars is a grand mission and as a member of the ISA we request to send a orbital station to mars with our GASEA vehicle system to assist with any future missions
Last edited by Grangeco on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed, Grand Minister Jaquelin O'Maya
-_----_^^^~~~~~~~_____--~~~@~~~~~~~_____--~~~~~~~~__----__&
Full Member of the International Space Agency

shameless rp advert http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=320725

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:22 pm

The crews finally arrived at the DASC Launch site #13 in the Dragomerian Islands and after hauling their personal luggage to their temporary quarters they began to discuss the connection of Servintan launch systems to the Dragomerian's own systems.This was because most of the Servintan systems were old or copies of the aged soviet union era technology that had first allowed the Servintan Federation to participate in the international space race.Most of these were simple mechanisms and circuits with the computing power equal to that of a handheld game device and lacked the complexity of the modern Dragomerian technology, but thankfully the simplicity worked for the launch systems and the shuttles as it made them easy to repair and troubleshoot.

The most important event of the day was the arrival of the Tengri shuttle as it was piggy back riding on a Servintan Tuplulov cargo aircraft, a very odd pairing with the massive cargo aircraft having an almost equally large shuttle attacked to its back during the flight from the motherland.The two craft landed and with the earsplitting screech of tires they came to a stop on the airstrip near the launch site, after a few pictures of the cosmonauts in front of their shuttle they used a crane to remove the shuttle and prepared to bring it to the launch facility.

Zorga
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zorga » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Afternoon, Landing strip near the launch facility
After a long and boring flight, the 2 cosmonauts arrived from Zorga. The Tengru cargo plane made a soft and easy landing, a good sign to ease the anxious and nervous men. Besides the cosmonauts, the plane carried their luggage and their space suits, which were specifically designed to ISA standards. Also on the aircraft, was a bulky suitcase, sealed tight by locks. However, this was no ordinary suitcase because the suitcase itself is a computer. This computer was designed to regain control over the Aloristani Mars Rover, which allowed the spacemen to maneuver the rover onto the spacecraft with ease. It also contained a battery for the rover, just in case the battery was dead.

After collecting their items, a cargo truck arrived. They loaded their supplies onto the truck, and said their goodbyes to the aircrew that took them there. After their goodbyes, the 2 men climbed aboard the truck, and left their countrymen behind. They started to look around the airstrip. They saw numerous planes from various nations, most of which were from the ISA. Then, they passed by a clearing, and saw the launch pad. They also saw the shuttle, which they would call their home for the duration of their mission. After another few minutes aboard the truck, they were dropped off at the crew's quarters. There, they unloaded their personal belongings, and headed inside. After finding their respective bunks, they met some of their fellow spacemen, and unpacked their belongings.

After that, they reported to the Headquarters facility to check in. They were very nervous. With them, they carried a file which held the coordinates of the Mars Rover.
Last edited by Zorga on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Full Member and Director of Foreign Construction of the International Space Agency

NOTE: This nation DOES NOT reflect my actual views

Southern Nationalist and Proud Libertarian!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents