NATION

PASSWORD

Executive Operations RP Group (Open) 2.0

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Aspari Syndicate
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aspari Syndicate » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:48 am

Done, and enjoyed tremendously. My brain is full for now. I must sleep. Fertile indeed shall me dreams be.
Proud Co-Founder of the United Mercenary Syndicate and Terminal Solutions Incorporated.
Cybernetically enhanced kill squads, gross corporate malfeascence, demonically trained lawyers, and omnipresent surveillance. The Aspari Syndicate: we are the reason you actually hate Capitalizm.

Creativity fueled by a distilled elixer of Cyberpunk, H.P. Lovecraft, Rule of Cool, and Nightmare Fuel.
Bohemia Minor wrote:
The Aspari Syndicate wrote:...As leviathan corporate monsters ourselves, we look forward to taking part...

Oh Sh-
I am an ENFP; take my hand and we'll fly, together!

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:28 am

Organized States wrote:
Vancon wrote:Please tell me you have BFBC2 on the Xbox 360.

Also,

That sounds exactly like the first mission of BFBC2.

DEN, that sounds like if One Piece and every space movie ever had a baby.

Unfortunately, it was only a rental.

Well, it was inspired by that and the Japanese holdouts in Just Cause 2.

That's spooky. I seriously played that mission of Just Cause 2 for the first time yesterday.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:05 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Organized States wrote:Unfortunately, it was only a rental.

Well, it was inspired by that and the Japanese holdouts in Just Cause 2.

That's spooky. I seriously played that mission of Just Cause 2 for the first time yesterday.

Really?

:lol2:
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:33 am

Jesus.

My Character based Space Opera actually got VOTES.
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Whatever is decided on, it should be something we work together on, at least to some extent.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:16 pm

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:Jesus.

I.

I mean, I just.

I don't understand.

Korva wrote:We should have a run off election between the top 3 or 4 choices. The members of the thread can vote by posting that way the poll won't be spammed by non-participants.

Okay, but when should I take down this poll?

Senkaku wrote:Whatever is decided on, it should be something we work together on, at least to some extent.

That was the plan, at least for a bit of the world building.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Vancon wrote:
Die erworbenen Namen wrote:Jesus.

I.

I mean, I just.

I don't understand.

Korva wrote:We should have a run off election between the top 3 or 4 choices. The members of the thread can vote by posting that way the poll won't be spammed by non-participants.

Okay, but when should I take down this poll?

Senkaku wrote:Whatever is decided on, it should be something we work together on, at least to some extent.

That was the plan, at least for a bit of the world building.

Now I'm a little scared :?

The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Changes/Updates have been made to the OP and Poll, mainly in terms of how to submit ideas so that they can go into the poll.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 pm

The final tie breaker for which RP we will focus on first and try to get up and running is now live. Vote now!

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:28 am

The fact that mine made it to the final two is still beyond me...

Thanks everyone!
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:39 am

Organized States wrote:The fact that mine made it to the final two is still beyond me...

Thanks everyone!

The idea is still basically the first mission of BFBC2, right? Or would you care to elaborate a bit more?

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:59 am

Vancon wrote:
Organized States wrote:The fact that mine made it to the final two is still beyond me...

Thanks everyone!

The idea is still basically the first mission of BFBC2, right? Or would you care to elaborate a bit more?

Well, slightly different.

I'll elaborate a bit.

The Island is a major Japanese research base, but due to both its secret nature and being able to sustain itself, they haven't been harassed by Allied Forces. They either ignored or didn't believe that Japan had surrendered in 1945, and have continued operations. Now, the year 1948 or 1949 comes around, and they finally decide to send a radio message to the Home Islands and specifically to Imperial High Command, revealing to the Allies their location and continued operations. The island would be working on all sorts of super weapons (such as the Microwave Deathray, Biological Weapons, or a Weather Control Device, all of which they actually tried building), and thus the Allies feel the need to capture said island. It'd be Japanese Jet Aircraft vs US and British Jet Aircraft, etc.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:01 am

Organized States wrote:
Vancon wrote:The idea is still basically the first mission of BFBC2, right? Or would you care to elaborate a bit more?

Well, slightly different.

I'll elaborate a bit.

The Island is a major Japanese research base, but due to both its secret nature and being able to sustain itself, they haven't been harassed by Allied Forces. They either ignored or didn't believe that Japan had surrendered in 1945, and have continued operations. Now, the year 1948 or 1949 comes around, and they finally decide to send a radio message to the Home Islands and specifically to Imperial High Command, revealing to the Allies their location and continued operations. The island would be working on all sorts of super weapons (such as the Microwave Deathray, Biological Weapons, or a Weather Control Device, all of which they actually tried building), and thus the Allies feel the need to capture said island. It'd be Japanese Jet Aircraft vs US and British Jet Aircraft, etc.

I mean more like, what will we do? Will we be controlling one dude, or a whole nation?

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:04 am

Vancon wrote:
Organized States wrote:Well, slightly different.

I'll elaborate a bit.

I mean more like, what will we do? Will we be controlling one dude, or a whole nation?

Whole Nation.

The OS would take the place of the US in the cannon. You'd each contribute a force to the Allies, spy for the Soviet bloc, or help defend the Island.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:53 pm

I will be closing the Voting around 5-6 ish my time unless something unexpected comes up.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Just another suggestion (not for this vote, of course), but some sort of disease/plague RP seems timely.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Congreveopia wrote:Just another suggestion (not for this vote, of course), but some sort of disease/plague RP seems timely.

Would it not be in bad taste?

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Vancon wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Just another suggestion (not for this vote, of course), but some sort of disease/plague RP seems timely.

Quite. Enough of this Ebola BS.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Vancon wrote:

That's debatable. I don't think in general it detracts from events to use them as material for fiction. Mainly I judge this sort of thing by intent. If I were to get killed by... for example... a cement mixer tomorrow, I wouldn't mind if someone wrote an article or a tweet or a forum post about it. I wouldn't even mind much whether it was good or bad quality. The only thing that I'd dislike would be if it was written with malicious intent, to ridicule me or something, and I don't think that writing about something because it's in the general public's mind at the time is malicious intent. It's just extracting pleasure out of an event, which is fine (obviously not extracting pleasure out of the tragic parts of the event, like laughing at a corpse. I mean doing something fun disconnected from but motivated by a bad event, like getting to see distant family members because someone died).
Last edited by Congreveopia on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:
Vancon wrote:Would it not be in bad taste?

Quite. Enough of this Ebola BS.

What aspect do you object to?

Links:

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:15 pm

Ebola is a touchy subject. I could see it as a cause to a post apocalyptic RP though. I'm just not entirely comfortable with it. It kinda creeps me out to be honest.

On a side note, time for an OOC for the Boat-Boarding Thread? I'll have to think about what to write though...

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Vancon wrote:Ebola is a touchy subject. I could see it as a cause to a post apocalyptic RP though. I'm just not entirely comfortable with it. It kinda creeps me out to be honest.

On a side note, time for an OOC for the Boat-Boarding Thread? I'll have to think about what to write though...

Well then it's kinda interchangeable, isn't it? Once everyone with it is either dead or recovers, then it isn't really different from anything else that kills a bunch of people and leaves their stuff intact.

Links:

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Vancon wrote:Ebola is a touchy subject. I could see it as a cause to a post apocalyptic RP though. I'm just not entirely comfortable with it. It kinda creeps me out to be honest.

Well then it's kinda interchangeable, isn't it? Once everyone with it is either dead or recovers, then it isn't really different from anything else that kills a bunch of people and leaves their stuff intact.

Ehh.

If you want to fill out the idea thing to make my life easier, I'll put it up. I'm still kinda creeped out about it.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Vancon wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Well then it's kinda interchangeable, isn't it? Once everyone with it is either dead or recovers, then it isn't really different from anything else that kills a bunch of people and leaves their stuff intact.

Ehh.

If you want to fill out the idea thing to make my life easier, I'll put it up. I'm still kinda creeped out about it.

Nah, I'll just drop it. It was just an idea and it didn't get a very positive reception.

Links:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents