NATION

PASSWORD

[Orbit Only][IC]A meeting of Monarchies.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stenza
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:24 am

Anglind and Chesovya wrote:
Yngen wrote:Leclerc paused for a minute.
"Ah, and these Dukes and Duchesses and so forth, their powers would be...?"

"It is much like a medieval Feudal system, The king rules over dukes who rule over counts who rule over barons and so on. However the one thing different to many medieval nations is that all Feudal lords below the title of king would be elected, every 6 years a new one would take over control."

King Henri then motioned to LecLerc to pause for a moment and then turned to the Stenzans.

"Hello! I see you have finally arrived. My name is King Henri I, you would be Empress Amanda I would presume?"

She looked up from her thoughts and took the cigarette out of her mouith as Henri started talking to her.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, King Henri. If I may ask, is the man in our company the Yngenian?"

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Stenza wrote:
Anglind and Chesovya wrote:
"It is much like a medieval Feudal system, The king rules over dukes who rule over counts who rule over barons and so on. However the one thing different to many medieval nations is that all Feudal lords below the title of king would be elected, every 6 years a new one would take over control."

King Henri then motioned to LecLerc to pause for a moment and then turned to the Stenzans.

"Hello! I see you have finally arrived. My name is King Henri I, you would be Empress Amanda I would presume?"

She looked up from her thoughts and took the cigarette out of her mouith as Henri started talking to her.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, King Henri. If I may ask, is the man in our company the Yngenian?"

OOC: Mouith? :P

IC:

"Yes, these are the Yngens who are here for the meeting." King Henri said in reply to Amanda.

He then turned back to LeClerc and said

"We are open to trade with anyone unless they are an enemy or if we have very poor relations, we especially need an open trade system now when we have only recently come about being formed. As for international priorities we would like to establish relations and diplomacy with other nations and we hope to gain allies at some point down the road if all goes well...Say, let us go inside no reason to stand out here in the cold! We can head to the keep, I have tables and food prepared. Its just over there."

He pointed to the large castle keep which stood at an impressive 5 stories tall, and had four small towers at each corner that went up another. The building was something the residents of Northandria were used to seeing, as it was a prominent structure on the landscape. The castle itself was on a hill which put the keep taller then most of the smaller apartment complexes and gave anyone on top a grand view of the city.

In fact many old buildings had been preserved in Northadria, the city hall which was built in 1322 AD was still there - though the inside was more modern - and many houses and buildings had been preserved over the years through constant maintenance. Northandria castle was one of the most cared for places, and looked much newer then one might expect for something so old.

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:08 pm

King Henri began heading towards the keep.

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Followed by Empress Amanda.

Yngen
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 am

Anglind and Chesovya wrote:"We are open to trade with anyone unless they are an enemy or if we have very poor relations, we especially need an open trade system now when we have only recently come about being formed. As for international priorities we would like to establish relations and diplomacy with other nations and we hope to gain allies at some point down the road if all goes well...Say, let us go inside no reason to stand out here in the cold! We can head to the keep, I have tables and food prepared. Its just over there."

LeClerc smiled as they entered, his features crinkling up around his grey eyes and waxed moustache.
"It reminds me of the chateaux of the Jaiboudin. Most delightful."
Takara, meanwhile, remained silent. She was uneasy in castles like this, more used to the ornate wood-and-stone castles of the mainland, with their pagodas and carp ponds and long open balustrades, protected by cliffs instead of walls, and so she walked uneasily through the centre of the corridors, glancing at every dark corner and piece of masonry as though it held ninja intent on killing her.
"It is, I must say, a relief to have more free-market nations arising in Orbit. The number of fascists and communist nations around us is...quite perturbing, to say the least..."
-GO STAMPEDERS / GREY CUP 2014.-
-Ingen - "The Eyes of Justice"-
-Laptev Axis is best Axis-

The Jade Empire of Ingen; a vast, anachronistic, character-driven FT superpower
You want realism? In what 'realistic' nation would you be in charge?

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:43 am

Amanda pulled off her raincoat, revealing her dress to the company, she handed her coat over to the Guard, who wandered off with it.
"About facists and communists... We have to do something, and fast. They are already trying to suck up more territory at Zululand. Our Corummese allies and us cannot hold out against a thread like the Communists and Facists combined... We would very much like to invite Yngen and Anglind and Chesovaya to the GODS and ask for your help, especially around the Zulu conflict... Think of the Zulus we can liberate with your help... And the profit."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:11 am

Stenza wrote:Amanda pulled off her raincoat, revealing her dress to the company, she handed her coat over to the Guard, who wandered off with it.
"About facists and communists... We have to do something, and fast. They are already trying to suck up more territory at Zululand. Our Corummese allies and us cannot hold out against a thread like the Communists and Facists combined... We would very much like to invite Yngen and Anglind and Chesovaya to the GODS and ask for your help, especially around the Zulu conflict... Think of the Zulus we can liberate with your help... And the profit."

LeClerc nodded in agreement, smiling to himself, then scowled and snapped something in Jaiboudin French to one of his guards.
"Henri, mon Dieu! Arrête ça! Tu es sur le devoir , et elle est une impératrice!"
The Imperial guard, a young man in a sharp black suit wearing a deep red tie showing a golden lion, jumped, taking his gaze from the Empress and letting his blue eyes face forwards again, chastised. He was tall and strongly built, with a cropped beard and tangle of dark hair, but looking between the High Lord of the Senate and this young, embarrassed guard, you could see a certain family resemblance.
"Desole, madame," said LeClerc, "I am in agreement with you. In a world where everyone wants to control their people economically or politically or both, we have little choice but to work together, though I worry about the Corummese...they are a little totalitarian themselves, and one hears mutterings that they are planning to ban the free market..."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Yngen wrote:
Stenza wrote:Amanda pulled off her raincoat, revealing her dress to the company, she handed her coat over to the Guard, who wandered off with it.

LeClerc nodded in agreement, smiling to himself, then scowled and snapped something in Jaiboudin French to one of his guards.
"Henri, mon Dieu! Arrête ça! Tu es sur le devoir , et elle est une impératrice!"
The Imperial guard, a young man in a sharp black suit wearing a deep red tie showing a golden lion, jumped, taking his gaze from the Empress and letting his blue eyes face forwards again, chastised. He was tall and strongly built, with a cropped beard and tangle of dark hair, but looking between the High Lord of the Senate and this young, embarrassed guard, you could see a certain family resemblance.
"Desole, madame," said LeClerc, "I am in agreement with you. In a world where everyone wants to control their people economically or politically or both, we have little choice but to work together, though I worry about the Corummese...they are a little totalitarian themselves, and one hears mutterings that they are planning to ban the free market..."

Amanda looked over to Henri, blushing a little herself before getting back to business.
"The Corummese are the closest to liberal we have with us, plus they have a strong military... And I am sure I could get an arrangement with the Corummese to allow our companies inside... Now... Where's Paula...? The wardrobe couldn't be /that/ far."
Last edited by Stenza on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Svietza
Spokesperson

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Svietza » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 pm

King Henri chuckled a bit, having understood what LeClerc had said. "Now let us sit." He said as they entered into the main hall. The main hall was large with many paintings and banners along the walls. At the far end there was an elevated part of the floor with a throne utop it. The rest of the hall was dominated by large tables running down the room. "There is plenty of room for everyone, this place is meant to hold many people at once. " King Henri said and motioned for them to sit at the table. He then sat at the head of the table. "If you would like we can bring food, drinks, whatever you would like...Now, On to the matters at hand. I certainly agree with the number of communists and fascists being troubling, but I do not think that a massive three way war will help with anything. I believe that in that event we would face the threat of the war blowing out of control, and I fear weapons of mass destruction could end up being used. I would like to pursue a course of peace if at all possible...now, this would not be a simple matter as each bloc fiercely opposes the others. I believe the creation of an international organization based upon the idea of peace could help to . This hypothetical organisation would also enact a set of laws to be followed by the members of it, this...'international law' would be enforced and upheld by the founding member nation and the others within the organization. This would also require an neutral state to head up the organization, and I believe that all nations who initially were to enter into this organization would have a say in who leads this nation to begin with. The various members of this organization would also be able to vote to add, remove, or change international laws. Perhaps this is a bit of a stray from what our primary discussion has been thus far but I would like to mention it now. It also is something that should be discussed with more then just us present but I would like to hear your opinions on this matter." He paused for a moment and then said "And as for the invitation to GODS, I would be certainly accepting of such an offer." King Henri then sat back and awaited response.

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 pm

LeClerc, Takara, and their aides all sat, their guards taking up position along the walls. The young Henri was directly behind his uncle, placing him opposite the seated Empress.
As refreshments were offered, LeClerc deferred to the Princess who ordered wine for the Imperial party.
They listened politely to the King's suggestion, and LeClerc opened his mouth to speak, but the Princess interrupted him.
"The Emperor would never permit Yngen to enslave itself to foreign laws. A voluntary organisation, in which representatives could meet and agree on appropriate humanitarian responses to global events, might find backing with the Empire, but nothing more."
LeClerc hid his frustration well. The lines between Senate and Imperial Throne had not yet been quite clearly drawn, and so no-one was quite sure who had the authority to do what. He sipped at his wine, gathering his thoughts before speaking.
"Yes, well perhaps we should discuss the GODS first. If the three nations united here were to agree to attempt to influence Corumm for the better, then we see no reason why the Empire should not join the GODS, in order to protect ourselves against the extremists on either end of the spectrum."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:45 am

As soon as LeClerc stopped speaking, Empress Amanda opened her mouth.
"Corumm is not the problem, believe me, we'll get them to allow foreign companies... Now, don't get me wrong, all Stenza desires is peace but we cannot achieve that if the Facists and Communists are aggresive. It's a domino effect, after Zululand falls they will find their next prey. We, as free nations of Orbit, should and MUST unite to show them we have balls. What do you think that'll happen if we continue doing nothing? They'll waltz over it for the greater communist world! We have to team up and drive both Facists and Communists back to their own area's on Zululand or even eradicate them from the island group. If we show them we're the ones with balls here we can stop the Facists and Communists from their imperialistic ways for good."

She turned herself over to Takara.

"This isn't a perfect world where the world can be saved with humanitarian aid. Peace doesn't grow on trees, it comes with hard work."

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:05 am

OOC: I'll post as the right nation this time...

King Henri was slightly taken aback by what Takara had said. "This International law would not be to dictate how nations wish to govern their people, it would be in place to prevent things such as genocide and to regulate chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction. Though what you suggest would be a very good idea." King Henri said in response. "As for Corumm I agree with the Idea of trying to get them not to close the market."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:10 am

Amanda turned towards King Henri.
"I don't see the Communists nor Facists signing this, although we try to refrain from using them we will have to if they do it first."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:14 am

Takara opened her mouth to speak, but LeClerc hastily interrupted.
"Of course, the Empire is entirely in favour of such accords, which would civilise the art of war and remove unnecessary barbarity and cruelty from an already cruel world.
As for the situation in Zululand, we are entirely opposed to the invasion of South Zululand by communist forces. Imperial businesses are already heavily invested in the Republic of South Zululand and the country has been showing signs of progress and development. For that to disappear as the territory is torn apart by zealots of all creeds and beliefs is intolerable, and so the Senate has been debating whether to deploy a peacekeeping force to the region."
He twisted his mouth, clearly uncomfortable with the idea of making aggressive moves even if they were totally necessary, but shrugged.
"My cousin Henri is most keen for this war, are you not eh?" he said, not bothering to look around at the young man.
"Oncle, if we do not oppose them now we are lost. We must fight them back; I would be ashamed if we did not."
LeClerc chuckled.
"He is young, he will learn. But he is right. It may be distasteful and dangerous, but we do not have many options."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:17 am

"Your cousin Henri is very right, if the Senate debated for too long the cause can be lost before it even decides... There would be the perfect opportunity to cripple the northern support immediately... But we aren't strong enough to go through with it yet."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 am

OOC - that should have been nephew sorry!

IC - Henri permitted himself a small smile, glancing at the Empress briefly. LeClerc, meanwhile, nodded his head wearily.
"If the Senate does decide in favour of intervening, we have a powerful battlegroup including an aircraft carrier, destroyers, AAV's, and other vessels which can be dispatched immediately from Alvsbörg, reaching the western coast of North Zululand in a matter of days. May I ask, what are the current plans of engagement?"

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:49 am

"The North-Zulu carrier group is relatively... Well... Very close to the Stenzan battlegroup without seeing it as a target. It's constantly sending air strikes ont the South Zulu's... We could send in a massive strike of aircraft onto this group aided by ship-ship munitions when it's air group is out and cripple it in a matter of minute, once that is achieved the seas are ours. If our aircraft fly low we can even evade most enemy armanent, seeing a shipborne radar is placed high on the ship and usually isn't a look-down radar. From there one a marine strike can be performed with air support, before leaving Stenza I already approved the reinforcement of my own battlegroup with two assault vessels and a carrier."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 am

LeClerc smiled a terse smile.
"Indeed. I hear rumblings of an attempt by the people of Vistulange to restore the communist regime there. Regardless of our feelings on the matter, it will draw Comintern resources and attention away from Zululand in the short term. I am of the belief that the communist bloc will be more open to reasonable discussion and will, once the situation has turned against them, consider abandoning the island for the sake of pragmatism, whilst the Saxon fascists are more likely to fight tooth and nail."
He gestured to Takara.
"The Princess is more experienced in military matters than I, and can better comment on an ideal campaign plan."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 am

"It would, of course, be amazing if the Facists and Communists weakened each other enough to be... Liberated."
At this point, the soldier and aide walked in, taking a seat next to an Yngen aide.

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Upon their arrival King Henri said to them: "Welcome. If you would like any food or drink just ask and it will be provided."

"Now as for Zululand, I could provide assistance in the matter relatively soon, as because of an agreement with Svietza we will be receiving some of their naval forces, about 25%, though we will have to build more of our own. We also have received an equal percentage of military vehicles. We are looking into creating our own military vehicles, though we also are looking to purchase some; but more on that later. I initially could send the 7th Armor Brigade and the 2nd and 4th fleets. As of now we are still using Svietzan vehicles. I certainly would not like to see communist control over Zululand."

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 pm

A flight plan is filed with Northandria International Air Port, detailing the flight path and arrival of a Ruuchuu diplomatic flight direct into the United Kingdom of Anglind and Chesovya from Shin Naha 07 International Airport. It is requested that the plan be accepted such that a diplomat can attend the meeting of monarchies in a timely, albeit late, manner. The aircraft is stated to be of commercial nature, one of the new models made of composite materials and powerful, fuel-efficient engines, allowing it to potentially fly around the globe, despite being of a medium size (Ruuchuu analogue of the Boeing Dreamliner).

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:37 am

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku wrote:A flight plan is filed with Northandria International Air Port, detailing the flight path and arrival of a Ruuchuu diplomatic flight direct into the United Kingdom of Anglind and Chesovya from Shin Naha 07 International Airport. It is requested that the plan be accepted such that a diplomat can attend the meeting of monarchies in a timely, albeit late, manner. The aircraft is stated to be of commercial nature, one of the new models made of composite materials and powerful, fuel-efficient engines, allowing it to potentially fly around the globe, despite being of a medium size (Ruuchuu analogue of the Boeing Dreamliner).

A response is sent, approving the flight.

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 am

Anglind and Chesovya wrote:Upon their arrival King Henri said to them: "Welcome. If you would like any food or drink just ask and it will be provided."

"Now as for Zululand, I could provide assistance in the matter relatively soon, as because of an agreement with Svietza we will be receiving some of their naval forces, about 25%, though we will have to build more of our own. We also have received an equal percentage of military vehicles. We are looking into creating our own military vehicles, though we also are looking to purchase some; but more on that later. I initially could send the 7th Armor Brigade and the 2nd and 4th fleets. As of now we are still using Svietzan vehicles. I certainly would not like to see communist control over Zululand."

"Although we currently need our own industries to replace certain losses made in the previous war we can get to an agreement of the sales of practically every conventional weapon in the Stenzan arsenal... Even our newest VTOLs."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 am

"Yngen's military is small in comparison to some, but high investment and a booming arms industry means that we are well stocked and in a position to sell top-grade equipment to any nation that requires it. In particular, we have plenty of capacity to produce excess munitions, wheeled vehicles, and infantry firearms."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 am

Yngen wrote:"Yngen's military is small in comparison to some, but high investment and a booming arms industry means that we are well stocked and in a position to sell top-grade equipment to any nation that requires it. In particular, we have plenty of capacity to produce excess munitions, wheeled vehicles, and infantry firearms."

Stenza's military could use some extra hardware, now we lost some of it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents