NATION

PASSWORD

[Orbit Only][IC]A meeting of Monarchies.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yngen
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:46 am

LeClerc smiled, pleased to have found an opportunity for a little profit.
"Well, what do you need? I am sure we could arrange some bulk discounts, for an ally."
-GO STAMPEDERS / GREY CUP 2014.-
-Ingen - "The Eyes of Justice"-
-Laptev Axis is best Axis-

The Jade Empire of Ingen; a vast, anachronistic, character-driven FT superpower
You want realism? In what 'realistic' nation would you be in charge?

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Ikegusuku Satto spent around half of his long flight reading through the compiled materials detailing what is known about the various factions purportedly attending the meeting at the United Kingdom of Anglind and Chesovya. The remainder of the flight was spent napping, since he would wind up landing well into the night. The plush seating of the plane allowed him to kick back and make as if he were on a bed; he slept well.

As the plane came in for its landing, a stewardess gently shook the ambassador to wake him up. He returned the chair to its original position and looked out the window to pass the time. Though he couldn't see any of the geographical features because of the night, the lights of the United Kingdom shone brightly, showing where the inhabited areas are.

(OOC: I suppose I'll let you determine whether the plane docks with a terminal or unloads on empty tarmac. Either way, Ikegusuku will step out, a 167cm Asian fellow with gray hair in a suit. He is supported by a couple aides, a young man and woman.)

Stenza
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 am

Yngen wrote:LeClerc smiled, pleased to have found an opportunity for a little profit.
"Well, what do you need? I am sure we could arrange some bulk discounts, for an ally."

"We need ground vehicles, there's weapons enough in Stenza. And we could not ruin our common ammunition system for all our weapons with foreign ones."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:03 am

Stenza wrote:"We need ground vehicles, there's weapons enough in Stenza. And we could not ruin our common ammunition system for all our weapons with foreign ones."

LeClerc gestured to Henri, who pulled out a tablet PC and handed it to him over the table.
Tapping a few times, he brought up a couple of images.
"We can offer Maxxpro MRAP's, which are light patrol vehicles designed to be proof against small-to-moderate IED's and explosive munitions, as well as small arms fire. We are also looking to phase out our Wotan I Main Battle Tanks in favour of a newer Wotan II model. Both of these we can offer to you at below market prices. I believe we could provide perhaps 60 tanks and as many as 190 Maxxpro vehicles instantly, with a steadier but smaller flow over the next few months."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:52 am

Yngen wrote:
Stenza wrote:"We need ground vehicles, there's weapons enough in Stenza. And we could not ruin our common ammunition system for all our weapons with foreign ones."

LeClerc gestured to Henri, who pulled out a tablet PC and handed it to him over the table.
Tapping a few times, he brought up a couple of images.
"We can offer Maxxpro MRAP's, which are light patrol vehicles designed to be proof against small-to-moderate IED's and explosive munitions, as well as small arms fire. We are also looking to phase out our Wotan I Main Battle Tanks in favour of a newer Wotan II model. Both of these we can offer to you at below market prices. I believe we could provide perhaps 60 tanks and as many as 190 Maxxpro vehicles instantly, with a steadier but smaller flow over the next few months."

"We have two vehicles also similar to the Maxxpro... I think that we'll be able to order twelve Wotans for a testing platoon."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:14 am

Stenza wrote:"We have two vehicles also similar to the Maxxpro... I think that we'll be able to order twelve Wotans for a testing platoon."

LeClerc nodded, and did a few calculations. He sent off a quick message, and after a brief pause a beep notified the room of the reply. Reading it momentarily, he glanced up with a smile.
"Well, the unit cost of a Wotan I is normally $6,200,000, or §5,123,000 in our Livres. This would make for a total of $74,400,000 for one platoon, but we are willing to reduce this cost to $70,000,000, which also includes delivery and a stock of spare parts worth approximately $2,000,000. The Wotan I is, I am assured, a very powerful vehicle, comparable to the British Challenger II in performance and tea-making facilities."

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:30 am

"Those tanks look quite nice." King Henri said, looking over at the tablet. "Perhaps we could get some aswell, 6 would do"

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:42 am

Anglind and Chesovya wrote:"Those tanks look quite nice." King Henri said, looking over at the tablet. "Perhaps we could get some aswell, 6 would do"

LeClerc turned to him with a smile.
"Well then of course, for $45,000,000 we can also offer you the models you want, including delivery and some spare components."

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:09 am

OOC: Shokuku, I'll respond when I get home later today - sorry I haven't yet.

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:10 am

"We are taking the order for two of them, the T-90 is cheaper. I am sure that a small competition with two test model against our own T-90s will show us which is better."

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 am

LeClerc looked visibly deflated, but hid his disappointment well.
"Of course, this we would be happy to do, at the price of $12,000,000 for the pair. I assure you, the Wotan I will prove to be a superior and powerful machine. You will not be disappointed."
If it seemed strange that the High Lord was so invested in the sales of a private company, it was because his wife was a board member of the prestigious Durendal Joyeuse, the government-subsidised armaments firm responsible for the MARS pattern assault rifle, the Wotan I MBT, and more.

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:37 am

Yngen wrote:LeClerc looked visibly deflated, but hid his disappointment well.
"Of course, this we would be happy to do, at the price of $12,000,000 for the pair. I assure you, the Wotan I will prove to be a superior and powerful machine. You will not be disappointed."
If it seemed strange that the High Lord was so invested in the sales of a private company, it was because his wife was a board member of the prestigious Durendal Joyeuse, the government-subsidised armaments firm responsible for the MARS pattern assault rifle, the Wotan I MBT, and more.

"Even if the Wotan is superiour, the T-90 is a Main Battle tank that can be upgraded for lots of envoriments, used underwater and used in a bigger number as it is cheaper. It's a machine able of overrunning the enemy!"

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:50 am

Stenza wrote:"Even if the Wotan is superiour, the T-90 is a Main Battle tank that can be upgraded for lots of envoriments, used underwater and used in a bigger number as it is cheaper. It's a machine able of overrunning the enemy!"

"Well I am no military strategist, madame, and am not placed to speak on arguments of quality over quantity."
Henri, for the first time, was no longer looking at the Empress with pure admiration on his face. As a serving soldier, the idea of going into battle with substandard equipment hoping to overwhelm through numbers appalled him.

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:55 am

"We aren't saying the Wotan tank is worse than the T-90 or vice versa, they might be the same in quality. For now we have to see if the Wotan fits Stenza's needs and is able to be used in greater numbers while not harming the economy."

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:40 am

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku wrote:Ikegusuku Satto spent around half of his long flight reading through the compiled materials detailing what is known about the various factions purportedly attending the meeting at the United Kingdom of Anglind and Chesovya. The remainder of the flight was spent napping, since he would wind up landing well into the night. The plush seating of the plane allowed him to kick back and make as if he were on a bed; he slept well.

As the plane came in for its landing, a stewardess gently shook the ambassador to wake him up. He returned the chair to its original position and looked out the window to pass the time. Though he couldn't see any of the geographical features because of the night, the lights of the United Kingdom shone brightly, showing where the inhabited areas are.

(OOC: I suppose I'll let you determine whether the plane docks with a terminal or unloads on empty tarmac. Either way, Ikegusuku will step out, a 167cm Asian fellow with gray hair in a suit. He is supported by a couple aides, a young man and woman.)

The plane would have docked with a terminal, upon arrival a group of people were waiting just outside.

"Hello, and welcome to Northandria. I will be driving you and your aides to the meeting, I have a bus just outside if you'll follow me." The man said and headed towards the exit.

Yngen wrote:
Anglind and Chesovya wrote:"Those tanks look quite nice." King Henri said, looking over at the tablet. "Perhaps we could get some aswell, 6 would do"

LeClerc turned to him with a smile.
"Well then of course, for $45,000,000 we can also offer you the models you want, including delivery and some spare components."

King Henri thought for a moment.

"Alright, That is acceptable. I should note that the majority of our nation still is using Svietzan currency, as ours is very new."

(OOC: I had accidently put this bit under the quote :/ Also, that Wotan tanks looka almost identical to a polish prototype tank: http://www.funker530.com/wp-content/upl ... 597289.jpg)

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:05 am

LeClerc shrugged.
"Currency is little issue, and I am sure Goldwing Finance can handle the matter if problems arise. I have had invoices sent to your departments of defense. The ISDF will begin arranging the handover immediately."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Empress Amanda looked around the room, starting to speak as soon as LeClerc was done.
"I know doing some business here is great and all but please, can we get back to the business we came here for? We have to decide about Zululand as soon as we can."

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:15 pm

"Of course. I would suggest not making any offensive moves, least not unless it becomes clear that is the only option. I will be willing to commit some naval and ground forces, armed with our newest prototype vehicles."

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:02 am

Ikegusuku unconsciously looked around at the interior of the docking arm to at least see how clean the airport staff keeps it. In keeping with the almost obsessive compulsive cleaning of uchinanchuu public workers, he tended to expect other nations' public works to be as clean. As he entered the terminal, the welcoming party is to be expected, so he quickly glanced around to take in the decor. Does it promote the Kingdom's culture? Is it nouveau art? The exterior of the airport looked modern enough; whether or not it really is modern would be determined by the number of visible power outlets or power stations, in general.

"It is a pleasure to be here." Ikegusuku smiled upon being addressed and moved to shake the man's hand. "I thank you very mu8ch for your services. Please, lead the way."

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 am

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku wrote:Ikegusuku unconsciously looked around at the interior of the docking arm to at least see how clean the airport staff keeps it. In keeping with the almost obsessive compulsive cleaning of uchinanchuu public workers, he tended to expect other nations' public works to be as clean. As he entered the terminal, the welcoming party is to be expected, so he quickly glanced around to take in the decor. Does it promote the Kingdom's culture? Is it nouveau art? The exterior of the airport looked modern enough; whether or not it really is modern would be determined by the number of visible power outlets or power stations, in general.

"It is a pleasure to be here." Ikegusuku smiled upon being addressed and moved to shake the man's hand. "I thank you very mu8ch for your services. Please, lead the way."

The airport was clean, at least as clean as an airport in a large city would be, though there was the occasional bit of trash not in a trash can. The airport hadn't much changed since Anglind split from Svietza, though there were plenty of tourist aimed things about. Overall the inside was very modern, it was one of the most modern airports in Anglind. The welcome group led them through the Airport to the front, where a bus of some description was waiting. The door opened and the man motioned for them to enter. "Just head inside, I'll be happy to answer and questions of yours on the way"

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:20 pm

The bus was slightly larger then normal, as it seemed to be armored. It also had a bit on top that looked like the bottom of a turret mount, and on the inside there was a raised seat that could accomadate a gunner if a turret was present. The Bus also had metal bars over the windows, and the windows themselves were bulletproof.

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:59 am

Ikegusuku pursed his lips at the sight of the armored and clearly converted bus. Security precautions are good to take, but this seems more than a little over the top. Furthermore, he had wondered at the man's use of the word "bus." Initially, he had thought perhaps the dialect used by the Kingdom meant that "bus" didn't actually refer to a "bus." Such is not the case.

"I am very appreciative of your dedication to other nations' diplomats' security," Ikegusuku began, addressing the man leading the diplomatic party, "but, is the journey to the meeting place so fraught with danger that we must ride in an armored vehicle? This bus's accommodations are.....substantial."

OOC: For Yngen's benefit: The diplomat is interested in the bus.

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:23 am

Anglind and Chesovya wrote:"Of course. I would suggest not making any offensive moves, least not unless it becomes clear that is the only option. I will be willing to commit some naval and ground forces, armed with our newest prototype vehicles."

"As Zululand is a close neighbour, and keeping the markets open for free trade is crucial to our agricultural sector, Yngen is willing to commit Admiral Bota's Strike Group, which includes the Supercarrier INV Furious One and five other capital ships, as well as a selection of corvettes and frigates.
We may also, at some point, commit more forces if necessary."

Anglind and Chesovya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglind and Chesovya » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:30 pm

Dai-Ruuchuu Shoukuku wrote:Ikegusuku pursed his lips at the sight of the armored and clearly converted bus. Security precautions are good to take, but this seems more than a little over the top. Furthermore, he had wondered at the man's use of the word "bus." Initially, he had thought perhaps the dialect used by the Kingdom meant that "bus" didn't actually refer to a "bus." Such is not the case.

"I am very appreciative of your dedication to other nations' diplomats' security," Ikegusuku began, addressing the man leading the diplomatic party, "but, is the journey to the meeting place so fraught with danger that we must ride in an armored vehicle? This bus's accommodations are.....substantial."

OOC: For Yngen's benefit: The diplomat is interested in the bus.

"I assure you that this is not a ride that will be filled with danger, in fact we weren't going to use this bus but the one we were going to use broke down and this one was availible." The man said
"These buses are normally only used for emergencies or as cheap alternatives to APCs."

Stenza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stenza » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Anglind and Chesovya wrote:"Of course. I would suggest not making any offensive moves, least not unless it becomes clear that is the only option. I will be willing to commit some naval and ground forces, armed with our newest prototype vehicles."

"We are trying not to, but a free liberal country is being overran! We must help!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents