NATION

PASSWORD

The Eid Revolution [MT, OPEN, IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Ürümqi

"Masks on!" The SAG operators quickly pulled their gas masks on following the use of chemical weapons. They toss flashbangs into the main chamber, before firing at their stunned enemies. The Bǎshǒu fought hard, but it was clear that the effort was futile.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Tartar Mosque, Ürümqi

The Bǎshǒu had gas masks to protect them from their own poison, so only those who had their masks off died of both the poison of the Bǎshǒu as well as being effected by the Tear Gas of the Death Hawks. The Frag Grenade kills several, and the flash bang puts them off balance. They still bravely fight against the invading forces, and their strategies become more and more insane, ultimately reaching the point where the Bǎshǒu initiate "Zuìhòu yī jī" attacks (literally 'Final/Last Attack in Chinese). There were many variations, from simply charging in, doing their best to dodge or hold in the pain of any bullets; to a bayonet charge, firing their gun wildly while running; to basically blowing themselves up.

The Ürümqi Huángdìánbǎo, Ürümqi

The Huángdìánbǎo, was the bunker of the Emperor. There were two, one that was in Beijing, and one that was in Ürümqi. The last hours of the Emperor were now obvious, and he now realized his defeat. At around 6:00 PM, Cheng T'an officially divorced his wife, Cheng Mei-ling, notifying her of his plans. He told her that he greatly loved her, and that she should surrender to the Republicans, and pray that they gave her mercy. 30 minutes after, he wrote down the call of surrender...

As of 7:28 PM, September the 20th, 2014, I officially abolish the Empire of Chagatay, and recognize the Republic of Chagatay as the sole legitimate government of Chagatay. I now grant all prisoners imprisoned in all camps all freedoms, and they to be treated nicely, and to be sent back home. I relinquish the Imperial Throne, and I declare that the Imperial Dynasty of the Chagatayid, around for an approximation of 800 years, defunct and invalid. All that are considered "Royal Blood" are no longer royalty, and all pretenders are declared to have no claim to Chagatay. I now hereby sentence Cheng T'an, former Guomindang Emperor of Chagatay, to a Death Penalty effective 7:28 PM today.

After writing that note, he soon walked around, notifying lead commanders stuck with him in the bunker of the surrender and his planned suicide. He finished this at 7:20 PM. He then spent that time writing down his suicide note, putting the time ahead, as well as recording said suicide note with his voice.

7:28 PM, September the 20th, 2014
I am tired of everything. It is obvious that I am now useless to everyone. I am nothing but a failure. I couldn't protect our legacy. As I die here, the empire dies here. I shall forever curse the Republicans, and may their reign fall. Their foolhardy-ness is nothing but punishment. In the end, it doesn't even matter anyways. May they rot in hell. I shall join my ancestors and my beloved son, Cheng Ko, in heaven. I command all commanders here to do the same as I. I forgive all that I murdered, imprisoned, and oppressed. I regret ever living. I should have been dead a long time ago... As my last command, I command my family to surrender to the Republicans. If you want to stay, then I give permission, but if you want to leave, I understand. Goodbye, and Long Live Chagatay!

His promise to kill himself at 7:28 PM wasn't broken. He soon shot himself in the heart, instantly killing himself. He killed himself on the same bed that his mother was on when he was born. Soon after, the Monarchist troops in Urumqi declared surrender at 7:30 PM EST, when Cheng Mei-ling walked out to a group of Republican Soldiers aiming guns at her, with her holding both the call of surrender, and Cheng T'an's suicide note.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Tatar Mosque

Noting that it was too chaotic inside the mosque, the SAG operators pulled out. About 30 of them had been wounded, from explosions, bullet wounds, and random debris, but so far none had been killed. Their advanced body armor had managed to keep them alive for now. They tossed HE grenades inside, making sure to aim away from pillars or the walls to prevent a collapse of the building.

Shigatse

As word came in that the monarchists had surrendered, the air assault was called off. The SAG operators on the ground headed back to Lhasa.

Presidential Palace

President Stephen Hayes stepped into the press room to the flash of cameras. Stepping up to the microphone, he begins his speech.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. On July 28, 2014, ordinary citizens massed in Beijing's Guomindang Square to protest against the totalitarian government of the Empire of Chagatay. For too long, the people had been subjugated, for too long, ethnic minorities were segregated, for too long, religious minorities were forced to convert to Islam. Instead of listening to the people's demands, the government sent in tanks and troops to crush the protestors. But did they give up? No. They formed their own army, and they fought back. They fought for a republican government which was accountable to the people. On August 26, with the monarchists controlling the west of the nation and the republicans controlling the east, West Aurelia entered the conflict to support republican efforts. The republican war machine kept going, and on September 18, the monarchists were left with two strongholds - Ürümqi and Shigatse. West Aurelian aircraft and special forces operators assisted republican forces in swiftly taking Ürümqi. On September 20, as the same thing was happening in Shigatse, the emperor - Cheng T'an - declared the empire's surrender and the recognition of the republic as the legitimate government of Chagatay. The assault on Shigatse was called off in light of this. While small pockets of resistance remain in Ürümqi's Tatar Mosque, the empire has officially surrendered and we have accepted this. On behalf of the people and government of the Republic of West Aurelia, I would like to offer my congratulations to the Republic of Chagatay in their victory over tyranny. I would also like to acknowledge the contributions of other foreign governments in this conflict - Coldwater, Chernarus, Antarctica, Spironia, the United Remnants of America, and the Underground Movement Union - and the contribution provided by the private military company Dogs of War. While not all of these nations are our allies, I would like to thank them for helping liberate the people of Chagatay. May the people of Chagatay experience peace, prosperity, and happiness in their new republic. Thank you."

Hayes turned around and walked back to his office.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Tatar Mosque
"What in the damn hell" said a commander as he saw the Monarchist Forces acting more barbaric as a DeathHawk falls to the ground. He fires his ATR again and again and again. The DeathHawks continue to fight, hiding behind cover and throwing grenades. They remove silencers from their weapons and go full auto, aiming for the head of the Bashou. Meanwhile, Attack Choppers arrive, and begin to use thermal scanners to detect monarchist troops to fire low-yield grenades at the Monarchist Troops to help the DeathHawks.

Shigatse
The Coldwater troops have successfully taken over the airport, and are beginning to help take the rest of the city and take down the rest of the monarchy, despite the Emperor's surrender. Coldwater Chagatay Command decides that to fully eliminate a monarchy, Shigatse must be given to the Republicans. Attack Helicopters and Tilt-Rotors scour the city as 10,000 men secure the city from the Monarchy.

Hong Kong
Following the Emperor's surrender, President Clarence Norman flies to Hong Kong and makes a speech
Citizens of Chagatay, soldiers from numerous groups across the world, this has been a war that showed how tyranny cannot last, this has been a war that has shown the world that the evil clutches of tyranny shall NEVER stand the strength of liberty [applause]. Only a few months ago, this city and the rest of Chagatay was under the despotic command of the emperor, but the gallant protesters in Beijing stood up, and told the monarchy and the world that they cannot stand the oppression of the monarchy, that a Republic, which respects the rights of men must be formed to create a new Chagatay, one respecting the great ideal of freedom, and today, they have achieved that goal. Today, the tyrannical Monarchs, who suppressed human rights, who imprisoned and killed is now a former empire, something in the annals of history. Today, we have a new Republic in a United Chagatay, one that shows great promise and potential, one that can bring salvation to the once oppressed citizenry of Chagatay. And with the cornerstones of freedom, Capitalism and democracy, this Republic will stand the eternal test of time. This Republic shall stand strong and bold, and be a wave of liberty that will continuously knock down ever wall, every fortress and every caste of tyranny! [applause]. And with the mission of a free Chagatay being accomplished, and with the Monarchist Forces being sent back to Shigatse and the Tatar Mosque in Urumqi, along with the surrender of the Monarchy it is safe to say that the Monarchy has lost, and the Republic has won! As such, Coldwater shall transfer the airports in Lhasa, Ulanbaatar and Hainan back to the Republic, while we will also do so when the mission in Shigatse will be accomplished. I would also like to reconigze those who fell before us in this quest for liberty, the thousands of men from the Republic, defectors from the Monarchy, from West Aurelia, from the United Remnants of America, from the Mercenary Company of Dogs of War, all of you, who may not be on this earth will be in our memories. Coldwater will continue to help and support Chagatay if needed, and we will continue to fight for freedom, to take down the last bastions of despotism. Thank you, and god bless ya'll

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:51 pm

Urumqi, Chagatay

After Cheng Mei-ling gave the papers to Republican General Chiang-Yat-Sen, she was allowed to announce all over Urumqi about the Monarchist surrender. After that, the Bashou had either two choices - surrender and face whatever could happen, or fight on despite the odds. Soon, 100 of the remaining 138 Bashou surrendered their arms to the Republicans, and were promptly arrested. The other 38 resisted surrender and arrest despite being surrounded by Republican Troops, due to the fact that they were mostly conservative about their beliefs in Islam, and didn't trust Cheng Mei-ling at all. They all retreated to the most-upper floor of the Tartar Mosque - inside the hollow central dome. 75 Republicans moved in to capture said 38 of the Bashou, one of them among is Sergeant Lian K'ung. In the battle inside the dome, the Bashou fought like animals, and Republican soldiers fought against the resisters. A minute after the battle started in the dome, Cheng Mei-ling heard about it, and quickly played the recording that Cheng T'an made, of his call of surrender, and his suicide note. After that, the battle promptly ended. Out of the 38 Bashou, 16 of them died. From the 75 Republican Soldiers, 14 were dead, and 21 were in varying conditions of injury from the brutality of the fight. One of them, was Sergeant Lian K'ung, who was stabbed in the gut near the end of the fight. The Sergeant being important, they quickly brought him to a nearby hospital, where military personnel were ready to bandage up and heal the wounded. With the feeling he was going to die, Lian K'ung decided to write down his last words. He got one of the nurses to write them down.

I'm sorry. I wasn't lucky enough to survive. I hope that you can survive without me, and with our child. Please, don't grief over me forever. I'll love you forever and always...

After that, he went into the verge of dying. Medics worked hard through the night on all patients. In the end of the day, out of 200 000 Republican Soldiers, 56 092 people had died. Lian K'ung wasn't among that list. He had miraculously survived his stabbing, and was in somewhat stable condition. He would be sent to a hospital in Changchun, in recovering condition, but he was one of the many local heroes all across the country. From Koreans fighting in the Kuril Islands, to Mongolian Peasants with epic sniping ability, to Camp Revolting leaders who helped liberate untold thousands. Soon, Cheng Ko, former prince of Chagatay, had a plane trip back home, to an audience of stunned and shocked civilians all the way to soldiers who knew the truth. Cheng Ko soon started his speech.

People of Urumqi. We are gathered here today, to celebrate a day of freedom. Cheng T'an was nothing, but an evil father, who killed anyone for his personal gain. I have personally spoke with Republican Leaders, and I have even worked with them, to stop this tyranny. I have felt that the Monarchy was a dying system, and as such, I have officially retired from Politics. As for the rest of the former Imperial Family, I as the quote-unquote "head" of the family, I ask my fellow Republican friends, to not send them to justice, as it's only Cheng T'an who has been the oppressor. We shall never forget his tyranny, so that anything to his scale of oppression can never happen again in Chagatay, and that we can help to prevent this same scale of oppression all throughout the world.

After this, he retired from politics, and soon just became a political activist, author, and celebrity among the Chagatai people.

Beijing, Chagatay

After hearing of the Monarchist Surrender, Hui Huang just had to come out and make a speech. His speech was televised all over the world, and translated.

Ladies, and Gentlemen. From Korea, to Manchuria, to the Kuril Islands, China, Tibet, Mongolia, and the Guotu Province, it was only 3 months ago that Chagatay was under a tight, cruel, oppressive, and tyrannical government, with no respect for human rights, and a government that crippled Chagatay down to nothing. Now, 3 months later, all of Chagatay is now covered under the wings of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. The 6 races of Chagatay and the Kuril Islands are now united as one, as brothers, in Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. It is time to settle down, and start recovering this land, to unleash the great potential that has been squandered by Cheng T'an. It's time for the Tiger of Korea, the Dragons of Manchuria, Tibet, and China, Horse of Mongolia, and the Bear of the Kuril Islands to united as one, to work together, to bring Chagatay to greatness. As a new power, we must handle it wisely. We must never squander our chances of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity, ever again. We shall remember the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, and the veterans who survived the war, and their stories from growing in Tyranny, only to break its chains, and fight for the liberty of all. We must forgive our Brothers and Sisters, who fought for the Monarchy, and allow them to live in peace, as all human minds are corruptible, and we shall work to make sure that everyone's mind is free, uncorrupted, and un-raped. We thank all the soldiers from the nations who helped Chagatay gain their freedom, and we must forgive all who fought against Chagatay, and we hope to establish healthy relations with the entire world. We must strive together, to help build a world, of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity, for all mankind. We must strive together, to have Light overtake Bloodshed. That is why we must always remember, and I hereby declare that September the 20th as "Remembrance Day", and that we shall now stand silent. We will now play the Song of the Five Races, in silence, to commemorate the Eid Revolution, and this day.

After playing the Song of the Five Races, Hui Huang finished his speech, with these last words.

As we stand, we shall work together to bring Chagatay to greatness, and to help Light overtake bloodshed, for all mankind.

His speech was granted with applause all over Chagatay, except for...

Shigatse, Chagatay
The Monarchists, despite getting news of the Emperor's surrender, didn't surrender like they were supposed to. They only got stronger, except for the fact that 45 000 soldiers defected to the Republican side. The 500 000 remaining soldiers still fight on, although they are more surrounded. Soon, the Republicans decide to blitzkrieg the entire city. The artillery fires, behind the moving tanks and soldiers, and soon, 2 Brigades of Bombers (12 Bomber planes each), one filled with B-1 Bombers, and the other filled with B-52 Bombers were sent to the city. Covering them, were 2 Brigades of Fighters (20 planes each), one with 20 F-16 Fighter Jets, and the other one holding 20 F-7 Fighter Planes. The Monarchists would only accept death.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Shigatse
"LETS DAMN THOSE TYRANTS" shouted the Colonel as he rallied the 21,763 remaining soldiers to take Shigatse. In the air, MR-29s Stealth Multiroles, DR-30 Stealth Drones and OA-80 Stealth Bombers join the Republican aircraft in bombing the city while 10,000 Infantry on the ground moves to the rest of the city to flush out Monarchy forces. They advance the flag of the Republican Chagatay and Coldwater, shouting "LIBERTY OR DEATH!" as they fire their weapons at Monarchy Forces. The troops came in with tanks, APCs and Jeeps, firing machine guns, gatling guns and rockets at Monarch Forces.

Coldwater Controlled Airbases in Republican controlled Areas
Coldwater Troops leave Republican Controlled Areas. The Coldwater Battle Song of "Battle Cry of Freedom" was played as the troops entered their Cargo Aircraft and Tilt-Rotors back home. The Coldwater Flag is lowered as the Republican Flag is raised. The troops wave to the Republicans as the planes depart for Coldwater

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:16 am

Shigatse

Noting that the monarchists in Shigatse, instead of surrendering, had decided to continue fighting, SAG operators from Lhasa were sent back in. The airplanes couldn't be called back in at such short notice, so it was decided that the operators would designate targets for cruise missile strikes from the naval task force instead. Lightning cruise missiles were launched from Hellfire-class multirole destroyers and Beowulf-class attack submarines, heading for Shigatse.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:13 am

An Official Communique of the Sasutary Islands

Due to the ongoing conflict and ever-increasing violence in Chagatay, the Sasutary Islands have sent 700 Peace-keepers and 10 APCs to keep law and order in Beijing, they have taken no sides, but are however allowed to use 'excessive force' against would-be assailants. We hope to be able to restore order once more to your glorious nation. They are current on their way and will land at Beijing International Airport by 2145 tomorrow. Any offensive measure against our Peace-keepers by your nation shall be regarded as an act of war. Our peace-keepers are easily identifiable by their Blue-Helmets and Blue Body Armour. You have been warned.

EDIT: Due to current complications in Shigaste, the peace-keepers will be redirected to Shigaste Peace Airport (oh the irony) and are expected to land by 1450 tomorrow.

Last edited by Sasutary Island on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!
Also a Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.
GODDAMN IT RP CORRECTLY OR ELSE

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Shigatse, Chagatay

The Monarchists were not just going to have the Republicans and their allies march in easy. They decided to deliberately block-off major passage-ways to get inside of the city by one way or another, like trying to tip a falling building down to block the passage, or just grabbing some defective crap and blowing the shit out of it, or simply land-mining the passage. They only left behind small choking points where they can easily ambush the Republicans. The ambush points were jammed-pack, with Bazookas, Snipers, Machine Gun Nests, Anti-Air, and soldiers ready to surprise them with their bayonets. The Monarchists already knew they were going to lose no matter what. They just wanted to delay it. They didn't matter if they delayed it for a second, or if they delayed it for the rest of the Republic's life. This was going to be the hardest, and most bloodiest battle of the entire civil war.

Ürümqi, Chagatay

The city was in burning ruins. The Tartar Mosque leaking with the blood of the Bǎshǒu and Republicans alike. Out of the 750 Republicans, 325 of them died in the fight against the Bǎshǒu. To draw out the remaining Monarchists, airplanes threw out pamphlets telling them to surrender to the Republicans.

Attention Monarchist!
If you haven't learned by now, the Guomindang Emperor, and the Empire itself is dead! The Republic has won! But, don't despair, fellow sibling!
We are not here to murder you. We are not here to enslave you! We are here to liberate you!
We ask that you put down your guns, and put your hands up to the nearest Republican soldier!
We will treat you with respect, just like we had many of your other brothers and sisters on your side! We are not cruel like your dead Emperor, and we will treat you nice!
Don't worry, your family are worried about you! Now, return home! If you still think fighting for the emperor is a good idea, then listen to him!
He faced the fact that he lost, and he decided to pay for the consequences himself! Face it, the war is over, the Revolution has succeeded.
Now, go home in peace, knowing that you'll no longer have to fight anymore.

If they decided to ignore the pamphlet, then the Republicans decided to show it in a more direct way. The remaining Republican Soldiers occupying the Tartar Mosque had a soldier that pursued in photography. They decided to give him a camera, and capture Republican soldiers raising the Flag of the Five Races over the Tartar Mosque. A video was taken of the event, but from that video, came a screenshot. This picture was going to be one of the most famous pictures of the entire war.

The Raising of the Flag over Ürümqi
The Picture was the Republican soldiers planting the Flag of the Five Races over the remains of the Tartar Mosque, in the background of the city of Ürümqi in ruins, with smoke going in the background. This picture became famous all over Chagatay, and became a symbol of the Republic. Two copies of this picture now hangs in the Dàhuì of Chagatay, one in the lobby for visitors, and a giant one in the Dàhuì grounds itself.

Dogs of War
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dogs of War » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Republic of Chagatay
With the rest of Chagatay now being nice and quiet the men from the DoW PMC were somewhat happy with their jobs. Training recruits, capturing deserters and removing marauders are much more pleasant jobs than being shelled with poison gas and bayonet charges. Even though the war poured a lot of money into the accounts of the DoW it was not in their interest to artificially prolong it. There is enough money to be made with followup contracts, training the special forces, restructuring the Republican Army, providing VIP protection and so on. To bring the war to an end, and to safe as many lives as possible, especially those of the half a million enemy troops who's cause was lost but who's leaders wanted to go down in history as martyrs. Their dead would make the scars in Chagatay's society even deeper. The killing had to stop. Coldwater and West Aurelia had already lost enough men. It was about time to stop following the rules.

Shigatse
Trucks full of men in, most of them wearing imperial dress uniforms, drove through the mountainous area heading for Shigatse City. The men aboard the trucks were battle hardened imperial soldiers. Or at least that was what they looked like. Most were ethnic Asians dressed in imperial uniforms covered in medals and other war trophy like cut of ears and the occasional West Aurelian and Coldwater insignia. Other men looked like officers from Western Eskovalia. A lot of the men appeared to be wounded and most were wearing green headbands with quotations from the Noble Qur'an. Upon their arrival in Shingatse City they instantly drove to what was now the imperial headquarters claiming to be the General in charge of the concentration camp system and some of his men who had nothing to lose in a last stand fight because all of them would get the death penalty anyways. Once inside the compound the trucks drove to the positions to with they had been assigned during the planning phase of this operation. The men dismounted and casually took their positions. The charge on the imperial headquarters was signaled by firing a volley of thermobaric rockets at the officer's mess. The mercenaries fired at anybody in the headquarters. Those resisting and those still sleeping in the barracks still in their beds. Their orders were to remove the entire general staff in one single blow.

On the other end of the town a lone woman dismounted her yak and unloaded her baggage. As the fighting intensified, she calmly assembled her laser designator and pointed it towards the communication bunkers of the royalists.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Shigatse
"SIR, OUR FORCES ARE TAKING MASSIVE CASUALTIES, THE MONARCHISTS HAVE A MAN FOR EVERY MAN WE SHOOT!" shouted Major Adam Horowitz into the radio as a rocket kills a soldier. Gunfire can be heard as 624 men were killed as of right now in the ongoing battle of Shigatse. Tank and APC Reinforcements do come, but the Monarchists have superior numbers. In the airport, Colonel David Smith calls Coldwater High Command for reinforcements to supplement the 856 total killed in the process.

"This is Colonel David Smith, calling HIGHCOM"

"This is HIGHCOM over, authorization code CA43 Colon Niner Semi Colon Freedom"
Smith types the authorization code into his tablet, and it says "CORRECT CODE, CONTINUE CALL"

"We need more reinforcements, at least 25,000 to combat all those damn Monarchists. Casualties are nearing 1,000 men as the Monarchists fight with all sorts of warfare"

"Uhh, we have around 25,000 Troops in total throughout the rest of Chagatay, 12,000 of which are being pulled out at the moment and on an airplane"

"How about you send 1500 Special Forces and 10,000 to Shigatse, and get 2,000 from Hainan"

"I suppose that is possible.....GET 1500 SPECOPS, 10,000 INFANTRY AND 2000 EXPEDITIONARY TO SHIGATSE"

Soon, troops, along with military necessities arrive at the airport via low-flying tilt-rotors, and the 13,500 men were quickly deployed to the fighting zone. The Special Forces mainly work on covert operations to disrupt logistics and cause problems for the Monarchists while the new troops reinforce the defenses.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:38 am

The Raising of the Flag over Ürümqi, as the picture was now called, went viral online. It was nominated for the Louis Prize for Photography, named after famed journalist Joseph Louis, who worked for The Riverside Leader.

Shigatse

Missile strikes from the task force slammed into Shigatse, targeting monarchist positions. As the 100 SAG operators were heavily outnumbered, they resorted to hiding in the hills around the city, sniping enemy troops and designating targets. The monarchists fought admirably, but it would all be over soon.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:08 am

It was decided that the Chagatay Service Medal would be given to all Coldwateran, West Aurelian, Republican, United Remnants of America, Dogs of War and other faction soldier/fighter on the Republican Side of the war.

The Chagatay Liberty Medal
Last edited by Republic of Coldwater on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Shigatse, Chagatay

"TRAITORS! TRAITORS! LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR! DEATH TO THE TRAITORS!" were shouted, as those who seemingly looked like them, turned out to be enemies. Some trucks were stopped immediately due to massive suspicion, and due to the sheer number of the monarchists compared to the mercenaries coming in, they had the resources to prevent them from taking the headquarters. The distraction by the Mercenaries caused a Monarchist shift, meaning that less and less Monarchist Soldiers were there to back up the choke points of Shigatse. Monarchist Snipers soon got to work on getting rid of enemy snipers, some shots turned into massive sniper battles, where it was suicide to just run at the enemy. The Missile Strikes and distractions caused the Monarchists to lose 25 000 Troops. This didn't matter to the Monarchists, as they got rid of 35 000 Republican Soldiers due to the closed up choke-points. Still, they decided not to give up. They will only give up when they are all dead. The chaos within the city caused massive damage to buildings within Shigatse, and even 2292 civilians were either injured or killed. Either because they were unable to hide or protect themselves, were caught trying to escape the city, or by pure accident. Soon, the Republicans were able to get over the choke-points, and some civilians even helped the Republican soldiers by providing them a path to move in behind and backstab down the Choking point.

Meanwhile...

With the war seemingly over except in Shigatse, normality soon started to return, albeit a bit slowly. Underground hits turned into popular hits. Many were foreign songs. Most of the songs that came from the West were in metal or punk-ish, and even some songs from neighbouring Japan became popular hits, as new companies started to grow, and started to make deals with Japanese companies. Feng T'an, the son of late Feng Ko, was busy at work, working for the good of the economic sector, making visit after visit after visit. Soon, dubbings of foreign media, from American Action Movies, to Japanese Anime became popular. One popular one was an anime called "Death Note", as the main character reminded many people about Cheng T'an's rule. Most of the initial push of songs and movies and TV were mostly melancholic, depressing, angry, and sad. But, after the initial wave, came more happier thoughts. With the happier thoughts, came in more chances for local Companies to start producing their own media. Folk Songs soon competed against foreign music, and many animation companies soon popped up all over Chagatay, borrowing the Anime and Manga style of the Japanese. Business was soon starting to boom. While all of this was going on, the Government got to work on thanking the millions of people who helped in the Revolution and Civil War. The Republican Government abolished many of the old medals of the Empire Era, and replaced them with new ones. The Chagatay Government soon formed the highest awards for both Military Personnel and Civilians. Two new medals were created, "The Order of the Light" became the highest military honour, and were given to the veterans of the Civil War, along with the exclusive "Medal of the Revolution", and both medals were also given to the volunteers that came from the foreign countries as well as the Mercenaries that helped the Republic in the Civil War. "The Order of the Five Races" became the highest honour for Civilians, and were granted to many of the best civilians who worked hard for the war in the Homefront, as well as granting Chagatay with the best literature and media. This award was also given to the leaders of the Republic of Coldwater, West Aurelia, the Dogs of War, and the other nations.

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:21 pm

OOC: Bump!

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Shigatse
Coldwater Soldiers took the chokepoints along with the Republican Soldiers. Snipers setup their positions on highrise buildings and snipe retreating Monarchist Snipers and Soldiers. Meanwhile, Attack Helicopters and gunships join in on the fight, attacking Monarchists and Monarchist Fortifications. MR-29s and DR-30s fire their missiles at the Monarchist Garrisons and the retreating Monarchist Forces. Coldwater Special Forces also go disrupt Monarchist Communications, infrastructure and also attack the troops going back to defend the base via asymmetric warfare.

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Republic of Coldwater wrote:Shigatse
Coldwater Soldiers took the chokepoints along with the Republican Soldiers. Snipers setup their positions on highrise buildings and snipe retreating Monarchist Snipers and Soldiers. Meanwhile, Attack Helicopters and gunships join in on the fight, attacking Monarchists and Monarchist Fortifications. MR-29s and DR-30s fire their missiles at the Monarchist Garrisons and the retreating Monarchist Forces. Coldwater Special Forces also go disrupt Monarchist Communications, infrastructure and also attack the troops going back to defend the base via asymmetric warfare.

Shigatse

After the chokepoints fell, the Monarchists decided to retreat back to the center of the city, all the way into the Tashilhunpo Monastery, to make their final stand. It became a massive fortress in the center of Shigatse. Artillery from all different eras lined the walls overlooking the city below, Snipers lined up at the highest points, Soldiers filled the ranks, and soon, it became a city within a city for the Monarchists, more crammed than Macao. The Soldiers kept watch on every nook, cranny, and gate the Republicans could go through. Anti-Air riddled the entire monastery, and within the monastery, were the remaining generals. They decided to do a small, but brutal survival game within the generals, to see which one fared the best in battle. All of the 15 but one survived. He was to lead the army to their last stand. That man was one of the remaining descendants of the Ming Dynasty, Zhu Huang. He was by far, the most skilled, and most zealous of the Monarchists, and he was ready to die against the Republicans as a martyr.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:35 pm

Shigatse
Colonel David Smith realized that the Monarchists have been pushed into the city center, and that a massive bombing campaign would be necessary to get rid of the Monarchists. Two OA-100 Heavy Bombers, escorted by MR-29s were deployed. With them, are 100 high yield bombs. They begin to drop their high yield bombs on the Monarchists, trying to soften up defenses. Meanwhile, 20,000 Infantry surround the area and Artillery Bombards the Monarchist Held-Area. Missiles are fired again and again at Monarchist Armor as deafening sounds of explosions rattle the city. The blinding flash of the explosions illuminate the city from space as Astronauts scramble to take pictures of the battle.

From the CMD Adam Smith, 12 high-yield missiles were sent to the center of the Monarchist Held-Locations while another 4 were send to the high-rise buildings occupied by the Monarchists so they can destabilize and therefore make the building collapse.

Dogs of War
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dogs of War » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:15 am

Shigatse
Surviving operators of the DoW disengage from the fighting in the city. They try to make their way out in small groups or individually. Occasionally attacking monarchist forces while wearing monarchist uniforms. Some groups even link up with monarchists only to attack them from behind or open the way fro Coldwater ground troops. All operatives are now ordered to leave the city. They should check in their weapons and gear with Coldwater troops and stay in their custody till each surviving operative's identity has been confirmed to avoid royalists slipping out of the encirclement this way.

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Shigatse

The Monarchist Anti-Air soon went amok, blasting down any plane that was in the sky to bits. The Monarchist Artillery just responded by firing back at the enemy troops, while Monarchist Soldiers set up Machine Gun nests to mow down enemy soldiers trying to get in. Snipers pick off soldiers that were part of the Artillery brigades, but they could do nothing for most of the bombs and missiles that blow the Monastery. Fortunately, most of it damaged useless rooms, but the age of the rooms still gave a blow to the moral of the Buddhists that were fighting. Meanwhile, the Republicans decided to help with the Coldwateran bombing runs, as well as have their snipers pick off the machine gun nests, as well as having their artillery aim for the walls. This battle was sure to damage the monastery, and many predicted there would be massive reconstruction efforts by the end of the battle...

Beijing

Hui Huang came out to celebrate the dusk of the Civil War. With only a battle in Shigatse that is a guaranteed Republican Victory, Hui Huang came out to celebrate what the two months could do to an entire nation. He soon started his speech.

Hello, my fellow Chagatai. We are gathered here today to commemorate the great protests that sparked the call for freedom, and the call for the Five Races to break their chains against Cheng T'an and his oppression. It was only almost two months ago that this happened. We shall thank all the protesters that came out to protest against the Emperor, and we shall thank all the soldiers who were tired of being forced to kill their own people. It was two months ago that the damned of the earth rose to destroy tradition, and to destroy millenniums of the oppressive, old, imperialistic rule. The people that were brave enough to protest their oppression shall be remembered for the ages, and may the ones who have died in protesting be remembered forever, and may their names never be forgotten. Therefore, I would like to present this statue, to the sacrifice, to the Revolution!

Soon after that, the statue was presented for the first time. In the backgroun, there was a brick wall made into the shape of a flying red flag, representing the red flags that represented the blood spilled by Cheng T'an's regime - sometimes covered with real blood raided from execution centers - that were flown by protesters as they marched down the various city squares all across Chagatay. In the back, showed the students and soldiers marching in protest, all the way to the front with someone flying a flag. On the stand where the statue was, was a message saying "Do not forget our sacrifices, July 28th, 2014" in Chinese, Mongolian, and Korean.

Back side of the Monument, where Hui Huang made his speech.

After this, Hui Huang sent an invitation to the leaders of the DoW, Republic of Coldwater, and West Aurelia; inviting them to the first meeting of the Dàhuì...

A Message from Hui Huang, President of the Republic of Chagatay

To: The Leader of the Dogs of War, President Clarence Norman of the Republic of Coldwater, and President Stephen Hayes of the Republic of West Aurelia.
Encryption: Public Message

I, Hui Huang, would like to personally invite you to the opening and the first meeting of the Dàhuì as special guests, as a thanks for helping Chagatay break the chains of oppression molded by Cheng T'an. I would like to award President Clarence Norman and President Stephen Hayes with the Order of the Five Races, the greatest honour of Chagatay that can be given towards civilians; as well as to award the leader of the Dogs of War with the Medal of the Revolution, the greatest honour for military work. I hope that you will accept the invitation. Also, as a fair warning, the Internationale may or may not be played, due to the respect of the song being sung by protesters, but as we understand any possible connections to Communism by this song, if you want, we could play the National Anthem instead. Again, I hope you will accept the invitation, and I'll meet you there!

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:25 pm

OOC: bump!

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Presidential House, Shadowville
"Sir, a message from Hui Huang"

"Must be important"

The President, only 33 years old was the youngest President ever elected in Coldwater History. He quickly opened his computer and checked the message. It asked for a meeting in the Dahui. Clarence was a somewhat fluent speaker of Mandarin, and despite the Internationale being played, he would still go. In a reply, he sent this

To: Hui Huang

I am humbled yet honored to attend this meeting in the Dahui, despite the Internationale being played. However, I ask that you play "Dixie", a traditional battle song of Coldwater. If that is impossible, I am fine with that.

Regards,

Clarence

Shigatse
Rocket Artillery and Tanks were deployed to finally take care of the Monarchist. 75 Tanks, 100 APCs and 50 Attack Choppers along with 9,000 Soldiers and 750 Special Forces assault the Monarchist Positions, while Multiroles, Missiles and Bombers in the sky continue to rain a fiery hell on the Monarchist Forces.

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:17 pm

To: President Clarence Norman of the Republic of Coldwater

I thank you for accepting the invitation, and I'll go check and see if I can sneak in "Dixie" somewhere, probably at your arrival, but I'm not sure. I'll hope to see you there!

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:41 am

Musrum, Bratislav

Executive Office of the President of the Republic of West Aurelia

FROM: Stephen Hayes, President of the Republic of West Aurelia
TO: Hui Huang, President of the Republic of Chagatay

Dear Mr. Hui,

I am honored to have received this invitation from you, and humbled to be awarded the Order of the Five Races. However, I am currently attending the IFC Summit in Musrum, Bratislav. Please accept my sincere apologies as I will be unable the Dàhuì meeting. Vice President John Harper happily offered to take my place.

Both of us have no objection to The Internationale being played, as long as it is being played in a socially democratic - and not fully socialist/communist - context. I believe this is the intention, as social democracy is the Rén Party's ideology.

Sincerely,
Stephen Hayes
President of the Republic of West Aurelia

Across West Aurelia

The original 10 B-33s and 30 F/A-36s were ready to launch their attack on Shigatse - hopefully they would be able to carry out their mission this time. They took off and headed to the city.

Shigatse

The SAG operators in Shigatse had pushed into the outskirts of downtown Shigatse. Heavy fighting had resulted in six deaths and 41 wounded (34 minor injuries, seven major injuries). The operators with major injuries pulled out of Shigatse and were taken to the nearest Chagatay military hospital.

Ürümqi

Three of the SAG operators involved in the successful assault on the Tatar Mosque had succumbed to their wounds. Their bodies were flown back to West Aurelia, along with their surviving brothers in arms, where they were given full military funerals and were posthumously awarded Chagatay Service Medals by Coldwater.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Chagatay
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chagatay » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 am

To: President Stephen Hayes and Vice-President John Harper

I can understand that you can't arrive, but I'm glad for the thought, and I'll gladly let John Harper take your place, and It's also good that you get some of the intentions, although I'm not playing the Internationale just due to my political affiliations with the Rén Party and for Social Democracy, but because the Internationale in Chagatay is purely a symbol of Democracy for both the Zìyóu Party and the Rén Part, as well the anthem even being considered for the National Anthem for the Republic; and not the anthem of Socialism as it is in the rest of the world, as the Anthem of Socialism and Communism in Chagatay is instead the March of the Volunteers. Don't worry, we won't be playing the March of the Volunteers, for said reasons.

Republic of Coldwater wrote:Shigatse
Rocket Artillery and Tanks were deployed to finally take care of the Monarchist. 75 Tanks, 100 APCs and 50 Attack Choppers along with 9,000 Soldiers and 750 Special Forces assault the Monarchist Positions, while Multiroles, Missiles and Bombers in the sky continue to rain a fiery hell on the Monarchist Forces.

West Aurelia wrote:Across West Aurelia

The original 10 B-33s and 30 F/A-36s were ready to launch their attack on Shigatse - hopefully they would be able to carry out their mission this time. They took off and headed to the city.

Shigatse

The SAG operators in Shigatse had pushed into the outskirts of downtown Shigatse. Heavy fighting had resulted in six deaths and 41 wounded (34 minor injuries, seven major injuries). The operators with major injuries pulled out of Shigatse and were taken to the nearest Chagatay military hospital.

Shigatse, Chagatay
Monarchist Forces were cornered, that's for sure, but they still didn't give up. Not only were the Monarchist Anti-Air going amok on the planes and helicopters , but soon Monarchist Artillery and Anti-Tank weapons soon started to go amok as well, as the Monarchists blasted artillery and anti-tank weapons all over the place, against most of the tanks and APCs. Snipers kept on sniping, and machine guns kept on spurring bullets. The Grenades started to fly, and the battle became more brutal. Traps were soon activated all over the monastery, and new choke-points were built in haste, right around the middle of the command post in the monastery. The bombing sent more damage towards the monastery, and the battle went crazy. Zhu Huang soon came out, in full military gear. He was even riding a horse, and held up the "Light against Bloodshed" Flag of Chagatay, with a deface in the white space saying "They shall not pass!"
Last edited by Chagatay on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents