NATION

PASSWORD

The Hounds at War [CLOSED/MT/OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Organized States wrote:
Murovanka wrote:OS I just need you to add how I've been detected- sonobuoys from a heli or ASW aircraft, or the sub with active sonar (or should I assume you used active sonar?). You'd have to have the sub a little closer than 300km out though.

Kejia, is the communist side gonna respond to my message?

I have Active Sonar, I was just tired... And I believe the location should be nearby, unless I messed up the location too...

No problem. Active sonar it is. We'll say that your sub's 250km away- that is more realistic for you to pick me up.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Lolloh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah! Ontie, your RPs are pretty cool, and this one seems to be getting off the ground well! :hug:

Full Nation's Name: The Animal Federation of Lolloh
RP Population: 450 million
Military Size: 4 million
Head of State: President William Glutieri (about to be replaced)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Derpy Hooves
Civil Rights Rating (/100): 72
Economy Rating (/100): 97
Political Freedom Rating (/100): 70
Side Supported: The Republic
Type of Support: Advisors, aerial assets, supplies, logistical assistance
Deployed Forces (If any): 118th Ground Attack Squadron (20 F35s)
123rd Ground Attack Squadron (20 F35s)
33rd Air Superiority Squadron (20 Su35s)
8th Maintenance Brigade, Reinforced (6000 logistical and maintenance personnel)
Foreign Legion, 11th Brigade "Thirsty Hounds" (3000 Foreign Legion troopers)
All logistical and supporting elements under the 14th Logistics Divisions, which includes naval convoys
Any Other Information: Might cause a stir in Ontorisa to see Lollohian forces deployed. The mission of these troops is strictly raising, supporting, training, and advising new units in the Republican Armed Forces, so that they're up-to-date and can competently fight the Communist menace
15, Social Democrat, Brony
Population is 135 million, plus 3 million in the colonies
National Army: 400,000 active (500,000 reserve)
Air Force: 100,000 active (200,000 reserve)
Navy: 200,000 active (400,000 reserve)
National Guard: 270,000 (all reserve)
Police Corps: 320,000 (paramilitary)
TOTAL: 2,400,000 (5.2/1000 active,17.8/1000 total)

My Embassy Program
Rainbow Dash is the best Mane 6, so join the Dashery

Republic of Kejia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Kejia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:17 am

Lolloh wrote:Yeah! Ontie, your RPs are pretty cool, and this one seems to be getting off the ground well! :hug:

Full Nation's Name: The Animal Federation of Lolloh
RP Population: 450 million
Military Size: 4 million
Head of State: President William Glutieri (about to be replaced)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Derpy Hooves
Civil Rights Rating (/100): 72
Economy Rating (/100): 97
Political Freedom Rating (/100): 70
Type of Support: Advisors, aerial assets, supplies, logistical assistance
Deployed Forces (If any): 118th Ground Attack Squadron (20 F35s)
123rd Ground Attack Squadron (20 F35s)
33rd Air Superiority Squadron (20 Su35s)
8th Maintenance Brigade, Reinforced (6000 logistical and maintenance personnel)
Foreign Legion, 11th Brigade "Thirsty Hounds" (3000 Foreign Legion troopers)
All logistical and supporting elements under the 14th Logistics Divisions, which includes naval convoys
Any Other Information: Might cause a stir in Ontorisa to see Lollohian forces deployed. The mission of these troops is strictly raising, supporting, training, and advising new units in the Republican Armed Forces, so that they're up-to-date and can competently fight the Communist menace

Fan-fucking-tastic :lol:
Yay! Lolloh! Nice to see someone who fought in the other two wars here! Accepted!

Also, if everyone could refrain from posting until Metacalf deletes his post, that would be wonderful.
Last edited by Republic of Kejia on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Prime Minister: Psunagel Osiah - Kejian Libertaarne Liigamäng

Lord Sumguy
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Sumguy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:01 am

alright, guess I'd better submit this.

Full Nation's Name: The Holy Republic of Lankarta
RP Population: I haven't been around since 2010, when "RP populations" weren't heard of. I've always RP'ed as my full popluation of 10.6 billion, but can understand how that would be potentially overwhelming. Perhaps I'll divide that by ten, what would you suggest?
Military Size: dependant on what we decide for the last answer
Head of State: Syndic Mary Elizabeth Basset (Semi-Presidential system)
Head of Government: Rev. Michael Greene, Liberal Party
Civil Rights Rating (/100): 79
Economy Rating (/100): 100
Political Freedom Rating (/100): 94
Type of Support: paramilitary: My govt. will reamin officially uninvolved, while a major religious military organization known as the Order of Megiddo will involve itself. It has no official ties to the Lankartan state.
Deployed Forces (If any): anywhere from 2k to 200k Armed militants of varying levels of organization and armament, depending on how the RPing of the Order's involvement goes and how much their involvement is welcomed. They will use primarily civilian modes of transportation if possible, but do maintain a small naval force (small for my current size, at least) which may see use in extreme circumstances.
Any Other Information: the Order of Megiddo may refuse to work directly with forces from fascist, absolute monarchist, or other similarly autocratic nations. Their membership includes 27% of the Lankartan Population, mostly comprised of civilian charity groups and individual citizens who are commited to tithing to the organization.
Last edited by Lord Sumguy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fallenrun
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fallenrun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:02 am

Bugger. I forgot to put my rocket artillery into my app. Anyone mind if I edit them in?
ICly called The Imperial Union, or De Rijksunie in RIjksaanse.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:08 am

Fallenrun wrote:Bugger. I forgot to put my rocket artillery into my app. Anyone mind if I edit them in?

Nah, as long as you don't do it right before a battle or during one.

I've also forgotten to put a HEMTT-mounted Patriot battalion in the app, (which, with the M8P AA gun, forms a standard divisions' air defence). I hope nobody minds. Also, I know I've stated that I'd only deploy a division- but since everyone seems to be sending in faaar more, and I can only cling onto "technological and higher troop standards" (I know that this will be heavily debated) for so long, will it be okay to send in more troops, say... another division? If not, then it's also fine.

And OP, is there gonna be a player limit? It's gonna get very cramped soon :\
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Fallenrun
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fallenrun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:11 am

Murovanka wrote:
Fallenrun wrote:Bugger. I forgot to put my rocket artillery into my app. Anyone mind if I edit them in?

Nah, as long as you don't do it right before a battle or during one.

I've also forgotten to put a HEMTT-mounted Patriot battalion in the app, (which, with the M8P AA gun, forms a standard divisions' air defence). I hope nobody minds. Also, I know I've stated that I'd only deploy a division- but since everyone seems to be sending in faaar more, and I can only cling onto "technological and higher troop standards" (I know that this will be heavily debated) for so long, will it be okay to send in more troops, say... another division? If not, then it's also fine.

And OP, is there gonna be a player limit? It's gonna get very cramped soon :\

Add in the AA. You would be murdered otherwise. I think it should be ok to deploy more troops. In a post or something say your government is worried that your guys are too outnumbered and will send a bit more. Also don't use planes against modern fleets. They will get blown up around the 500 km mark.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 am

Inyourfaceistan wrote:Okay, so look at Israel-Gaza right now. How many nations have boots on the ground? Not really any other than Israel and Hamas. Iran and Saudi Arabia are funding their respective groups, and Turkey - Europe keep sending aid fleets, while America is using the conflict to further investments in military hardware projects (I.E. Combat trials of the Iron Dome). Jordan and Egypt now have a refugee crisis.

My point is there is so much more involvement from other nations in any given conflict that people on NS neglect to mention. It seems you get six nations on either side going at it, while nobody actually does anything humanitarian, nobody has refugee services, nobody seeks to put international pressure. It's just boots on the ground, boots on the ground and more boots on the ground.

There are other things people can do to get involved other than tossing cruise missiles and sending even more boots on the ground.

I think this quote is pretty... realistic. I'm not saying that we should force anyone to pull out, but maybe it's time to get each sides forces properly organized (like, as a joint force or something) and not having individuals fill in the tiny area in the center with more and more troops. If I'm not mistaken, participants here have already declared the intention of filling the island with several hundred thousand troops...

Fallenrun wrote:
Murovanka wrote:Add in the AA. You would be murdered otherwise. I think it should be ok to deploy more troops. In a post or something say your government is worried that your guys are too outnumbered and will send a bit more. Also don't use planes against modern fleets. They will get blown up around the 500 km mark.

Ohh.. right, the guide. Well, thanks, I guess. But who says I'm gonna assault it? I know that one "should not point a gun at anything you don't plan on shooting" (or something along those lines), but an oil-rich country surely can afford to show other nations some military muscle. I'm interested as to how OS will respond.
Besides, I'm horribly, horribly outnumbered with two giant fleets ahead of me. Believe me, I'm getting out.
Last edited by Murovanka on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Fallenrun
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fallenrun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:25 am

Half my marines will be in reserve to replace tired/wounded units.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:34 am

Fallenrun wrote:Half my marines will be in reserve to replace tired/wounded units.

What I mean, is, like a creation of a "Kejian Capitalist Alliance" where you all have representatives and decide on your moves. So you can coordinate your movements and not have hundreds of thousands of troops piling up on to each other.

As for the communist side, I'm not sure as to who else except for me is supporting it?
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Republic of Kejia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Kejia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:05 pm

You guys are good to edit your apps if you forgot to add stuff. Just like Murovanka said "as long as it's not before a big battle, it's fine." Or I think that's what he said.

Lord Sumguy wrote:alright, guess I'd better submit this.

Full Nation's Name: The Holy Republic of Lankarta
RP Population: I haven't been around since 2010, when "RP populations" weren't heard of. I've always RP'ed as my full popluation of 10.6 billion, but can understand how that would be potentially overwhelming. Perhaps I'll divide that by ten, what would you suggest?
Military Size: dependant on what we decide for the last answer
Head of State: Syndic Mary Elizabeth Basset (Semi-Presidential system)
Head of Government: Rev. Michael Greene, Liberal Party
Civil Rights Rating (/100): 79
Economy Rating (/100): 100
Political Freedom Rating (/100): 94
Type of Support: paramilitary: My govt. will reamin officially uninvolved, while a major religious military organization known as the Order of Megiddo will involve itself. It has no official ties to the Lankartan state.
Deployed Forces (If any): anywhere from 2k to 200k Armed militants of varying levels of organization and armament, depending on how the RPing of the Order's involvement goes and how much their involvement is welcomed. They will use primarily civilian modes of transportation if possible, but do maintain a small naval force (small for my current size, at least) which may see use in extreme circumstances.
Any Other Information: the Order of Megiddo may refuse to work directly with forces from fascist, absolute monarchist, or other similarly autocratic nations. Their membership includes 27% of the Lankartan Population, mostly comprised of civilian charity groups and individual citizens who are commited to tithing to the organization.

Accepted.

Also, seeing how that metacalf dude refuses to delete his post, I might as well leave it in there and allow everyone to resume the RP.

Murovanka wrote:
Fallenrun wrote:Half my marines will be in reserve to replace tired/wounded units.

What I mean, is, like a creation of a "Kejian Capitalist Alliance" where you all have representatives and decide on your moves. So you can coordinate your movements and not have hundreds of thousands of troops piling up on to each other.

As for the communist side, I'm not sure as to who else except for me is supporting it?

Honestly, it seems like it's you and the PRoK versus the world. I haven't seen Padnak do jackshit the entire time.
Last edited by Republic of Kejia on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:11 pm

Hey

I've had to take care of this think called a "job"

Crazy right-
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Fallenrun
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fallenrun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:34 pm

Padnak wrote:Hey

Crazy right-

Work? Jobs?! What the hell is this? Capitalism? :P

Republic of Kejia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Kejia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:34 pm

Padnak wrote:Hey

Crazy right-

Apologies. Just didn't hear from you for the past couple of days.

Yngen
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Just a heads-up there's a helicopter gunship pilot from Yngen on the ground, as per my last post in the IC thread, if anyone wants to pick up on that
-GO STAMPEDERS / GREY CUP 2014.-
-Ingen - "The Eyes of Justice"-
-Laptev Axis is best Axis-

The Jade Empire of Ingen; a vast, anachronistic, character-driven FT superpower
You want realism? In what 'realistic' nation would you be in charge?

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:43 pm

No worries, I don't have work this weekend and I end work for the season on Tuesday next week-

I though I was going to have more time off but I had a schedule change :(
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

The Emperor-Bishophoric of The Tables
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emperor-Bishophoric of The Tables » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Yngen wrote:Just a heads-up there's a helicopter gunship pilot from Yngen on the ground, as per my last post in the IC thread, if anyone wants to pick up on that

I would, but, how far are ya from Whitsburg?
“It has always seemed strange to me...The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.” - John Steinbeck, Cannery Row

RP Tech: PT + MT

Fallenrun
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fallenrun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:55 pm

We are waiting for metacalf or whatever to delete their post.

Yngen
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 pm

The Emperor-Bishophoric of The Tables wrote:
Yngen wrote:Just a heads-up there's a helicopter gunship pilot from Yngen on the ground, as per my last post in the IC thread, if anyone wants to pick up on that

Pretty close, they were retreating from strafing runs against the communist siege lines to the west of there when commie AA fire brought one of the birds down. There's Imperial evac about 5 minutes away but communist or other forces could find them first to make an interesting moment in the RP

@Fallenrun - Keija said Metacalf isn't going to bother so we can as well go ahead and post
-GO STAMPEDERS / GREY CUP 2014.-
-Ingen - "The Eyes of Justice"-
-Laptev Axis is best Axis-

The Jade Empire of Ingen; a vast, anachronistic, character-driven FT superpower
You want realism? In what 'realistic' nation would you be in charge?

Fallenrun
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fallenrun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Yngen wrote:

Pretty close, they were retreating from strafing runs against the communist siege lines to the west of there when commie AA fire brought one of the birds down. There's Imperial evac about 5 minutes away but communist or other forces could find them first to make an interesting moment in the RP

@Fallenrun - Keija said Metacalf isn't going to bother so we can as well go ahead and post

All right. I'm gunna wait a bit for my next post as that will be my ships arriving.

Republic of Kejia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Kejia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Yngen wrote:

I'm going to try and get a KTE post in here somewhere. Maybe have a T-55 show up, act friendly to the IRAK forces before blowing them to smithereens. Should probably also get a factbook about the KTE up.

Qazcunia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazcunia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:28 pm

Full Nation's Name: The Nomadic Peoples of Qazcunia
RP Population: ~5-7 million
Military Size: ~50,000 militia (purely volunteer), 1 patrol boat, 2 transport helicopers, 1 C-17 Globemaster
Head of State: N/A
Head of Government: N/A
Civil Rights Rating (/100): 89
Economy Rating (/100): 38
Political Freedom Rating (/100): 83
Side Supported: INDFOR
Type of Support: Mercenary + Arms donations
Deployed Forces (If any): 800 local mercs to be attached to KTE forces
Any Other Information: An anarchic tribe of people who are outdated with recent political events due to isolationist policies and believe that the KTE cause is legitimate simply because "Ontorisa always owned Kejia and the people of Kejia are therefore rightfully under the Ontorisan flag..." despite Ontorisan condemnation of the KTE.
Last edited by Qazcunia on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Republic of Kejia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Kejia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm

Qazcunia wrote:Full Nation's Name: The Nomadic Peoples of Qazcunia
RP Population: ~5-7 million
Military Size: ~50,000 militia (purely volunteer), 1 patrol boat, 2 transport helicopers
Head of State: N/A
Head of Government: N/A
Civil Rights Rating (/100): 89
Economy Rating (/100): 38
Political Freedom Rating (/100): 83
Side Supported: INDFOR
Type of Support: Mercenary + Arms donations
Deployed Forces (If any): 800 local mercs to be attached to KTE forces
Any Other Information: An anarchic tribe of people who are outdated with recent political events due to isolationist policies and believe that the KTE cause is legitimate simply because "Ontorisa always owned Kejia and the people of Kejia are therefore rightfully under the Ontorisan flag..." despite Ontorisan condemnation of the KTE.

Eh, we needed someone else other than BLUFOR players anyways. Accepted.

Xaolan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Xaolan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Going to post later tonight.
RP Population: 66,720,000
Xaolanese Army: 365,860
Ground Force: 250,000
Sea Force: 70,000
Air Force: 45,000
Civil Defence Corps (Paramilitary): Around 800

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:32 am

Organized States, if you've got any questions as to where my carrier air wing is, I'll be glad to answer you.

Also, Kejia, I really want to jump into the fray with the amphibious landing (I'll need the intelligence information tho). It's time to get some more commie boots on the ground!
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents