NATION

PASSWORD

A Path Of Unbroken Chains (OOC/Sign-Up)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

A Path Of Unbroken Chains (OOC/Sign-Up)

Postby Animarnia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:39 pm

A Path Of Unbroken Chains

Okay, So, its no Secret that my nation has had a bit of thing going on for a while now against Slavery, since about mid-2012 we signed the CASTLE alliance, However the main problem we had with enforcing that was Slavers simply did not want to play and it would turn into an OOC Mess and unfortunately around that time my own free time evaporated so I couldn't really RP. So we've had this Ongoing open war against slavery but I haven't really been prosecuting it because of time constraints. This Changes today!

So In order to avoid the mistakes of previous and to Put up or Shut up, As they say I am Inviting All Slavers and Any Anti-Slavers who wish to take part, to do so, but in doing so both side also agree to my own ground rules, which while I don't think are exceptionally harsh will be enforced. These Are : -

Thou Shall Not God Mod. This Should go without saying, but it seems to be a problem again and again. There is nothing wrong with Cleverly writing your way out of a situation, that's perfectly fair however claiming utter invincibility in any given situation is not. I'm not going to be exceptionally Harsh with people but I will invoke this if I need too.

Thou Shall Not Be a Dick. Things get heated, arguments break out and things are said that should not be said. To the Younger Guys here I am saying most of us are trying to help so please take a moment to step back and calm down, and to the more experienced guys I am asking for a little patience with the younger folks who just may not know better. I'm not saying everyone has to agree with each other or there will be fluffy unicorns and rainbows. I'm asking that you civilly disagree.

Thou Shall Only Ignore as the Last Resort. This is probably going to be the most Contentious of the ground rules but its here because the amount of threads and decent RP's, Particularly Anti-Slaver threads I've seen here turn into “I IGNORE THAT” and “I IGNORE THIS!” Is frighteningly sad. The Ignore Cannot, was Originally designed to be Weapon of Last Resort, to only be used when all OOC Dialogue and Narrative cohesion had broken down and reasonable agreement could not be made. To put this into Perspective. I've been on NS 9 Years, I've used Exactly ONE Ignore Cannon in that time. The Ignore cannon was never put into place so that people could blatantly disregard legitimate Role-play and Consequences of their actions, while no one can force anyone to RP, Those that Sign up to this agree to consider their ignores Carefully, with reason and use as a last resort. I don't want to see this turn into a Cluster of IGNORE's within 10 posts because someone happens to be on the losing side of a battle or a war.

Understand Losing is not the End of Your nation – Understand if you lose, that is not the end of your time on nationstates. Your nation will simply transform into something else, my nation is nothing like what it was when I started here on NS. Even if you are on the losing side, that is not the end of your RP experience, Agreements will be hammered out, Treaties will be signed, you can even RP Post War Rebuilding and Politics or Insurgency. We've had everything on NS from Alien Invasion up to and including People thrown into Giant Blenders. Roll with the punches, adapt and be reborn from the ashes.

Give me my Nukes! I am not going to outright Ban NBCEO Weapons (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, Electromagnetic) from either side. However before you all jump on the Fire The Missiles! Button like Kim-Jong-Un Break-dancing be aware that using them has consequences that will often vary from nation to nation and my depend on what you used and how much and the damage you cause. So Do your Research and know that going NBCE is a trigger that cannot be unpulled and in doing so you accept that, so the Decision and the Consequences are yours.. Be Responsable.

I don't Think there are any other pressing Ground Rules that need Clarification, if something comes up then I'll add to this post and update everyone on it. This Thread will serve as the OOC and Sign-Up. This RP will Be Considered Open and Take all comers until we start out first RP thread, at which Point it will Go Semi-Open and I will consider applications more carefully for RP Balancing Purposes, depending on how many applications I get I may also break this down into Theatres. I don't expect war and peace for each IC post you make, but Do make an effort, so this is your chance to prove that you can do more.

For my Sanity. Please Use the Following Form to sign up; Just Because it makes my Life Easier.

Nation Name:
Region:
Side You Wish to Be on: (Slavers/Anti-Slavers – Please State only ONE)
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing:

The Big List of Combatants

Anti-Slaver
Animarnia
Lamoni
Wagdog
Ganos Lao
Yohannes
Allanea
Kenzinia
Etoile Arcture
Arcanium of Mars
Vionna-Frankenlisch
Indo-pasif archipelago

Slavers
Ralkovia
Dark Waters Inc
The Polarian Empire
New Romanis
Moguchiy
The Amun-Ra Egyptian Empire
Selos

The Pesky Alfegos
Alfegos

Theatres
Selos V EA and Alfregos
DWI Vs Allanea and Animarnia
Ralkovia Vs WagDog and Lamoni

Edit: 22/07 @ 7am - Edited List of Combatants
Edit: 24/07 @ 12:30m Edited List of Combatants
Last edited by Animarnia on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:54 am, edited 11 times in total.
[ National Map | Regional Map | Topology Map ]
[DEFCON:1 || STRATCON:1 || TERRORALERT: Elevated]
Signitory to:: CASTLE | The Amistad Declaration | Theeb I & II | Covenant | The Deliean League

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Nation Name: Free Republic of Lamoni
Region: Greater Dienstad
Side You Wish to Be on: Anti-Slavers
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: Awesome
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: A Path Of Unbroken Chains (OOC/Sign-Up)

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Nation Name: Yohannes
Region: Maredoratica
Side You Wish to Be on: financially supporting anti-slavers behind the scene (especially we will be providing shipbuilding materiel and financial resource to support our Lamonian brother), neutral diplomatically IC-wise openly
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: he's cool
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Nation Name: Ganosia!
Region: G(holgoth)-Unit
Side You Wish to Be on: Anti-slavers. We'll be providing asylum for all slaves freed in the RP in our refugee sanctuary. Our aims will be humanitarian rather than to conquer.
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: That music sure is catchy.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Wagdog
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Wagdog » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Nation Name: Wagdog; Revolutionary Commonwealth of...
Region: Nova
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: If he's anything like his dad... Pyongyang Style! :twisted:

Animarnia wrote:(Unrelated Question: How do I Put the fancy tiny flags next to nations names? is there a BB Code for that or is it manual editing trickery needed?)

Wagdog <- Like so; just use the [nation][/nation] tag up above the posting & smilies areas. 8)

EDIT: I was sure I knew how, but it seems when I try to use the [nation][/nation] tags with my name it doesn't show my flag in the post preview either, even if I alter for the long form like in some TGs I can. :? It work for you any better in an actual post or what?
Last edited by Wagdog on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSTracker | Nova
Alliances: Delian League (Member)|CASTLE (Member) | Kázmér Doctrine (Signatory) | Dagora Doctrine (Signatory)
Current Crises: Pending...
Current Wars: Pending...
DEFCON: | 3 - Yellow Alert |: Maximum Peacetime Readiness

Keep up the good fight; always unto the cure!

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: A Path Of Unbroken Chains (OOC/Sign-Up)

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:01 pm

It only works for in-game contents, like factbooks (example here) or telegrams. Regional message board posts also maybe, but I am not 100% sure about that Wagdog :p

The only way to attach fancy-looking miniature version of your flag in your nation name in-forum is to do it manually yourself, unfortunately
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Ack. Balls! I might poke someone about that then in Technical since it should be a tiny piece of coding. Alas :)

I'll Update Main Post now. Main Post Updated.
Last edited by Animarnia on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signitory to:: CASTLE | The Amistad Declaration | Theeb I & II | Covenant | The Deliean League

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:19 am

So a few Anti-Slavers on Ship now, so any Takers From the Slavers Side?

Dark Waters Inc
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Waters Inc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:35 am

Nation Name: Dark Waters Incorporated
Region: Balder (ICly- as a corporation, it has its headquarters in some remote shitty island where it has shut down all communications.)
Side you wish to be on: Slavers, baby.
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: I am now gay for him.
"The wheels of reality are greased by unending funds."

- Dark Waters Incorporated Chairman Lance Corrick.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97260 Dark Waters Inc storefront

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:39 am

Nation Name: Allanea
Region: Greater Prussia.
Side you wish to be on: Anti-slavery.
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: Amaze.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Kenzinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzinia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:03 am

Nation Name: Kenzinia
Region: Islam
Side You Wish to Be on: (Slavers/Anti-Slavers – Please State only ONE) only ONE Anti-slavers.
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: Badass.
Last edited by Kenzinia on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro:
Nationalism, Patriotism, Nazism, Palestine, Indonesia, Hitler, Islam
Anti:
Israel, USA, Judaism, Israel, LGBT Rights, Abortion Rights, Israel

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.79
Indonesian! 13! Male! Muslim!

Member of the F.W.O!

I'm interested in WW2 RPs! TG me if you plan to make one!

The greater Vakolicci Haven
Senator

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:05 am

Well, until a few pro-slavers actually get involved, I'm going to hold off on my app.
RIP Vakolic, 08/08/2009-29/12/2013, unjustly deleted.
Population: 9.6 billion (to be added to current population of this nation)
Last known defence budget: 82.2 trillion
Last known gdp: $423.2 trillion (nstracker)
For other stats, please tg.
the greater Vakolicci Haven
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

Alfegos
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Alfegos » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 am

Nation Name: The People's Nation of Alfegos
Side You Wish to Be on: NEITHER. Suck on it.
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: He be breakin' it down good.

Etoile Arcture
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Etoile Arcture » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:22 am

Nation Name: Etoile Arcture
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: He so badass he can twerk better than Miley twice better!
Unitary Technocracy of Etoile Arcture
"Excellere Contende"
Defence Condition: 5
No railguns, no orbital lasers, no god rods, no orbital nukes, no armed satellites, no space fighters, no "I Win" button
Region: NovaAlliances: ConcordantDelian LeagueCASTLEEmbassy: Diplomatic Parc
Treaties & Agreements: Theeb Accords I & II • Dagora DoctrineKázmér DoctrineAmistad Declaration

International Organisations: International Space FederationStorefronts: Consortia

Dark Waters Inc
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Waters Inc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:19 am

I am fine if it turns everyone vs me, though we'd need to tell the right sort of story to:

1- Make this one corporation seem important enough to draw all this attention.
2- Give it a bit of a kick so that it isn't just roflcurbstomp off the bat.
3- Is actually interesting.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97260 Dark Waters Inc storefront

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:32 am

Possible plot assumption:

All DWI [seriously? DWI?] employees are armed to the teeth and...
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Dark Waters Inc
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Waters Inc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:56 am

DWI's 'population' are entirely working staff of the Corporation. This includes a huge amount of mercenaries, who are also universally former Marines, special forces, etc. basically very good at what they do. There is not one person whom would not be considered a valid target by most definitions.

DWI is also intensely wealthy. It can and will try to buy the loyalty of high-ranking politicians, generals, and admirals, hire out assassins to try and take down those it can't buy, enrich your enemies and give terrorists WMDs with the intent of screwing with you.

It is very decentralized in terms of information. The absolute vast majority of employees don't even know they are part of one huge corporation, rather they believe they are part of smaller corporations. Financial transactions are either handled through sixth-party or in the case of huge transactions cash directly at the HQ.

The HQ is hidden from all nations at the start. The island it is on only shows up on a few maps from the 19th century. It never was known for being high in resources and had only a small native population that had to deal with terrible nautical storms. It has been taken over by the corporation for some time and hidden under layers of security. Less than five-hundred out of the 560 million know about it. The island itself is home to around 2.8 million workers on the island, underneath it, on a few sea-bases around it and in underwater sea bases. It is well-defended though a dedicated naval and air attack will smash those defenses in quick order anyway.

The heads of the corporation only ever rarely meet and many of them maintain very public faces as the heads of charities and other corporations. Very well-hidden and integrated into a lot of societies. The end-game may be after a long series of naval engagements and special ops missions, y'all find out that the Board of Directors are meeting for the first time in two years on one specific-date. Y'all could just bomb them, but from what you hear, their meeting location is heavily armored and even an intense bombardment may fail. You need to drop special forces and paratroopers en masse to get them!

Most other combat could be boarding missions, trying to save merchant shipping from DWI, DWi showing up at some coastal town and trying to take your citizens as slaves, terror bombings, betrayals!!!, assassination attempts, etc. all leading up to an awesome climax. If needed, I am fine with the HQ getting killed as well as the entire Board of Directors.

Doing it this way would ensure that even as a 320 v 1 it doesn't become a boring cubstomp.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:08 am

Nation Name: The Grand Empire of Ralkovia
Region: Tyrrhenia
Side You Wish to Be on: Slavers
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: Imma let you finish, but Gaddafi's dance was the best

You're going to have to be a little more detailed in what you want out of this war and we'll probably need to discuss this a lot more. Consider me a potential applicant until we lay down some details. Though go ahead and put me on board for now.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Arcanium of Mars
Envoy

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcanium of Mars » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:53 am

(OOC: Screw it. I hardly do much RP wise. Might as well hop in. If no one minds.)

Nation: Arcanium of Mars
Region: (Planning on switching or making my own. So one I am in doesn't matter.)
Side you with to Be On: Anti-Slavery
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: Eh, I have no words.
If you wish to learn more about my Nation, then feel free to check out my list of FactBooks at anytime! Be sure to check them all! It will tell you all you need to know. (Mars Belongs to us!)
Empire's Factbook about Arcanium.

I am a Future Tech and a Fantech nation, and will remain as such in any RP. I will not stoop down to anyone's level just because they choose to be play at a lower tech level. If you RP with me, then you must accept that my nation is highly advanced for LOGICAL reasons. Like how it would be impossible for my nation to be on [/color] MARS, or for me to be on Earth if I can't use ships, duh.

#ValaranSoFab

Vionna-Frankenlisch
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vionna-Frankenlisch » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Vionna-Frankenlisch
Region: United Kingdom
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: Hilarious and Awesome
New Edom wrote:Unwerth laughed. “Such hen lobsters are the Vionnans. But then, every Vionnan is half a sodomite."

Commissar of Revolutionary Action of the INTERNATIONAL SOCIALIST CONGRESS
Also responsible for Espicuta of Teremara, go check that region out for a friendly crew and a fulfilling MT role-playing experience!

iiWiki

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Nation Name: The Imperial Anime Union
Region: ISSU
Side You Wish to Be on: (Slavers/Anti-Slavers – Please State only ONE)Slavers
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: He can twerk better than Miley
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Finally, a slavery nation joins. :D
#HyperEarthBestEarth

New Romanis
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Romanis » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Nation Name: New Romanis
Region: NCON
Side You Wish to Be on: Slavers
How Awesome is Kim-Jong-un dancing: Twerks way better than Miley Cyrus
Proud Member of the Roman Alliance! SPQR

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Main Post updated! I was worried I might have to close the floor to Anti-Slavers since it was looking very one sided this morning, but now a few more slavers have joined its evening our a bit. I want this to be fun for everyone :) not just a dogpile.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Just call me Ralkovia on the opening post please.

Allanea wrote:Finally, a slavery nation joins. :D

Well hey there.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents