NATION

PASSWORD

Christianity Is Banned!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
San Franutsco
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Christianity Is Banned!

Postby San Franutsco » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Earlier today, the San Franutscan Congress has unanimously voted to officially ban Christianity, citing the recent surge of bans of Islam and Judaism being the reason behind the bill. As of now, Christians everywhere are being arrested and deported out of the nation, churches torn down, bibles confiscated, burned, thrown in the toilet, etc, and crosses torn down.

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Christianity Is Banned!

Postby Alien Space Bats » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:27 pm

OOC: Enough!

Banning religion is the simple-minded, non-creative way of trying to get the NS world's attention. It's what clueless people who haven't got the brains for imaginative RP do when they're bored.

This meme has been worked over as badly as the "I found oil! Someone please invade me!" meme. Can we move onto something else, please - preferably something that actually requires more the six seconds of thought to put together?
Last edited by Alien Space Bats on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:35 pm

OOC:

We can't all be professionally skilled authors, you know, ASB. Annoying and tropish as this is becoming, it is still legitimate RP material.

IC:

I must inform the leaders of San Franutsco that in light of the recent decision made in that country to ban Christianity, the Holy League will be severing any ties with San Franutsco until such time as bans of this kind are lifted in full.

~ Franz Schepke, Kanzler der Fürst-Erzbischof, der Heiligen Liga
Last edited by Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICly, my nation is known as the Holy League, or as Lübeck-Bremen-Hamburg. Thank you.

For those of you in the Please Stop Having Fun crowd who demand nothing but dry realism, save the energy you would spend typing scathing criticism and chastisement. It won't work.

~ Proud member-nation of the Any Tech RP Group

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:35 pm

We have the same reply to you as we do for any nation which bans religions.

We feel compelled to file a formal diplomatic protest at this intolerant, bigoted, dogmatic and narrow-minded action by your nation and shall endeavour to prevent you from trading with ourselves or any of our allies. It is our opinion that once you find yourself isolated diplomatically, you may perhaps amend your decision and bring it more in line with civilized nations.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

BrightonBurg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby BrightonBurg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:40 pm

/threadfail
Last edited by BrightonBurg on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches or majority votes ...but by blood and iron." - Prince Otto Von Bismarck.

New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 pm

New Olwe once went down this path, but we have since changed our policy and opened the nation back up to Catholics... the reason for this is that we realized how unfair we were being. Unless you ban religion entirely, it's an egregious act of discrimination.
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Ermonte
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ermonte » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Adopt free religion you stuip asshloes, or create one. this religious hatred has gone too far! >:(

Eizen
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Eizen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm

The Empire of Eizen applauds the efforts of all nations seeking to reduce religious impact in their countries, but warns that bans on specific religions do not go far enough, a country that rejects all religion is truly free. Free from false teachings, charismatic swindlers, and anti-intellectual ideology.

"Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest."

-Émile Zola

Misoko
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Misoko » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Misoko frowns upon this decision especially considering the reasons that this Congress has used to pass it. This is an upsetting example of a nation passing a law simply to jump on the bandwagon of nations placing bans on religion for reasons that, while still poor by this government's standards, admittedly much more suited to the individual nations' politics. To be honest, Misoko never expected any nation to stoop to this level and is greatly disappointed in the San Franutscan Congress' conduct.
Last edited by Misoko on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador General Jolias Uler
The Free Land of Misoko

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Nightkill the Emperor frowns down on the fact that Christaninity is banned. Although our Empire is Hindu at large, freedom of religion is required for peace.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Tybra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tybra » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Imperial Letter of Foreign Affairs

Once more a nation bans religion and once more nations feel compelled to meddle with these internal affairs. The world seems to not heed our words, but we as an enlightened nation respect that and respect their opinions.

However the Holy Empire of Tybra has little care for these affairs. They are internal affairs and another nation has no right to meddle with these affairs unless there is an official request made by the government of that nation.

While we could list why we feel these are internal affairs and need no concern of other nation, we believe we have stated this time and time again. As such we feel like we should not repeat ourselves to much. Though we do like to reaffirm that while a nation might state is opinion on the matter the nation in question need not abide it.

Signed,

Lord C, Imperator of the Holy Empire of Tybra
Tybra Factbook

"The key to strategy... is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
— Cavilo, The Vor Game

Misoko
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Misoko » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Tybra wrote:Imperial Letter of Foreign Affairs

Once more a nation bans religion and once more nations feel compelled to meddle with these internal affairs. The world seems to not heed our words, but we as an enlightened nation respect that and respect their opinions.

However the Holy Empire of Tybra has little care for these affairs. They are internal affairs and another nation has no right to meddle with these affairs unless there is an official request made by the government of that nation.

While we could list why we feel these are internal affairs and need no concern of other nation, we believe we have stated this time and time again. As such we feel like we should not repeat ourselves to much. Though we do like to reaffirm that while a nation might state is opinion on the matter the nation in question need not abide it.

Signed,

While Misoko acknowledges that these are domestic issues, it is expected and the right of nations here to express their outrage and dismay at any nation for their actions. Because silence in such times is a show of acceptance, as we believe, Misoko decides to make its opinion known and give at least a request to reconsider.
Ambassador General Jolias Uler
The Free Land of Misoko

Tybra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tybra » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Misoko wrote:While Misoko acknowledges that these are domestic issues, it is expected and the right of nations here to express their outrage and dismay at any nation for their actions. Because silence in such times is a show of acceptance, as we believe, Misoko decides to make its opinion known and give at least a request to reconsider.

To: The Free Land of Misoko

While we understand your position we have seen to many cases where nations blatantly condemn other nations without proper argumentation or feel they ought to change internal affairs through force. This is however not the solution, for it would merely make mankind look like uncivilized barbarians to whom violence is always the solution. If one truly wishes to change the internal affairs of another nation, one should seek common ground and debate. If however the nation concerning the internal affairs is not willing, then one ought to respect his decision; though one might always try to begin the debate no matter how futile the effort.

Signed,

Lord C, Imperator of the holy Empire of Tybra
Tybra Factbook

"The key to strategy... is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
— Cavilo, The Vor Game

Riechandag
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Riechandag » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:17 pm

The Nation of Riechandag will gladly accept the banned christians into our boarders. We hope that San Franuscto will understand this and send all christians our way. We will provide all transportation as needed.
"Respect All, Fear None"

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Nightkill the Emperor will also allow the banned Christans into our Empire. However, I hope San Franuscto will repeal this adandominable (OOC: Spelling mistake, dang) rule, and until then, my Empire will have nothing to do with them.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Namabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Namabia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:24 pm

San Franutsco wrote:Earlier today, the San Franutscan Congress has unanimously voted to officially ban Christianity, citing the recent surge of bans of Islam and Judaism being the reason behind the bill. As of now, Christians everywhere are being arrested and deported out of the nation, churches torn down, bibles confiscated, burned, thrown in the toilet, etc, and crosses torn down.

Namabia Delcares war
I am politically someone who is near the center of the scale.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:'Hate' is such a strong word. I just want to see him suffer. Is that so awful? :)

Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Big Jim P wrote:I have the right to personal self-defense, whether that necessitates a gun, a knife, my bare hands or a nuclear weapon.

Deukalionnic Republics
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Deukalionnic Republics » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Namabia wrote:
San Franutsco wrote:Earlier today, the San Franutscan Congress has unanimously voted to officially ban Christianity, citing the recent surge of bans of Islam and Judaism being the reason behind the bill. As of now, Christians everywhere are being arrested and deported out of the nation, churches torn down, bibles confiscated, burned, thrown in the toilet, etc, and crosses torn down.

Namabia Delcares war

We advise Namabia to think through their declaration before going to war in three words.
HAIL REPPY, HER MODDESS!
About Our King
Deukalionnic Republics- Roleplayed as MT and PT
Member of GIDA (Sergeant)
Boats Factbook Embassies Charter And Q&A
F7 Army
"Air Force"
25 Pegasi with Riders, armed with Greek Fire
"Army"
1 Minotaur
50 Hydras
2,000 Spearmen
200 Archers

Urgolon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Urgolon » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:42 pm

The Grand Duchy Official Transmission

The Grand Duchy of Urgolon has brought up four official wording upon this issue:

1. Chancellor Gregory Irving
"I am apalled at the inhumanity of this act. I condemn it with all that I can think of. Although Urgolon will not go to war, all official trade with this nation shall stop. Urgolon officially no longer recongnizes San Franutsco as another nation. We will be happy to take in any Christian refugees that are willing to work hard."

2. Duchess Eira III
"I extend my greatest sorrows to the poor people of this nation. I have now organized a "Faithhelper" charity that gathers money and other donations to send to people who are being persecuted due to their religion. Let it be known that I hearby condemn this action on all sane moral grounds."

3. Archbishop Henry VI
"Such an act.... is abomidable. Let us pray for the poor people who are suffering now. Let it be known that anyone who discriminates against any sane religion, including every member of the San Franutscan congress who voted for this bill, has just secured themselves a spot in Hell."

4. Senator Thomas Tang
"I live in a nation of cowards. We dare to hind behind our petty words, condemning such actions, while we do nothing to stop them. While the hippie libertarians and the greedy conservatives debate which sort of condemnation to give out, my small Nationalist Party with only 2% of the Senate will propose and vote for war with San Franutsco."
Economic Left/Right: 7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.31

"Communism is like Prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work"–Will Rogers
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

ZIONISM = GOOD
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." -Albert Camus

Namabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Namabia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Deukalionnic Republics wrote:
Namabia wrote:

Namabia Delcares war

We advise Namabia to think through their declaration before going to war in three words.

My nation is 1. Christian 2. Supportive of Christianity 3. Against Banning of Religions 4. Against Killing and Bannation of Innocents

Namabia will not let this happen.
I am politically someone who is near the center of the scale.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:'Hate' is such a strong word. I just want to see him suffer. Is that so awful? :)

Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Big Jim P wrote:I have the right to personal self-defense, whether that necessitates a gun, a knife, my bare hands or a nuclear weapon.

Deukalionnic Republics
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Deukalionnic Republics » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Namabia wrote:
Deukalionnic Republics wrote:
Namabia wrote:

Namabia Delcares war

My nation is 1. Christian 2. Supportive of Christianity 3. Against Banning of Religions 4. Against Killing and Bannation of Innocents

Namabia will not let this happen.

Still, we ask that you stop for a second and ask the costs of the war, both in economics and in your populace.
HAIL REPPY, HER MODDESS!
About Our King
Deukalionnic Republics- Roleplayed as MT and PT
Member of GIDA (Sergeant)
Boats Factbook Embassies Charter And Q&A
F7 Army
"Air Force"
25 Pegasi with Riders, armed with Greek Fire
"Army"
1 Minotaur
50 Hydras
2,000 Spearmen
200 Archers

Tybra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tybra » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:58 pm

To: The Christian Theocracy of Namabia

The Holy Empire believes it should clarify the reasoning for this obvious banning of religion. the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco is responding with this declaration to the banning of other religions; the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco had as consequence lost all hope in Christians.

Declaring war on the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco purely because the Christian Theocracy of Namabia is a Christian nation and sees itself as such; it would merely paint a bad image of Christians, surely one would not want that.

Rather then declaring war we suggest and strongly urge you seek a more diplomatic route and try to use diplomacy and debate to persuade the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco to change its policy. going to war will cost heavily both in cost lives as reputation. War would only further aggravate the situation and might cause mass-genocide in San Franutsco.

Signed,

Tybra Factbook

— Cavilo, The Vor Game

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:12 pm

To the Delegates of San Franutsco:
I have not the words to adequately convey my fear, my anger, my general suspicion of a regime that would quell the inalienable right to worship a deity in the profession of a faith. Regardless of the nature of the deity being worshiped, the right to do so must be held sacrosanct by a reasonable and sound Government. To deny this fundamental right to your people is both cruel, deceptive, and inexcusable. To make matters worse, you decimate the right of the people to worship the Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom the Restored Holy Kingdom of New Azura now stands. Such an affront, without rhyme or reason, is the mark of a dangerous and misdirected ploy for international recognition.
However, we must also be privy, as civilized individuals, to understand another inalienable right, and one that I am reluctant to say that you have employed. A nation's right to self-determination is to be held as sacrosanct as the right to profess a faith in God. Sadly, at the expense of the rights of others, you have acted according to your sovereign right. Therefore, I am prepared to make the following proclamation.
The Royal Government of New Azura, in acting with the highest considerations to life and property, issue this Government's strongest condemnation of the actions of San Franutsco. We deplore this horrific breach of human rights, and do hereby call upon all nations of the world to suspend all commerce with this horrific and abominable regime. We do not, however, advocate the use of military force in causing further moral desecration in this despicable display. It is with this intent that New Azura asks all nations to refrain from military intervention at this time. The Government of New Azura will accept all Christian refugees from San Franutsco immediately, and we shall await the response of your Government in arranging for this transfer.
Be advised, however. The eyes and ears of New Azura will be watching you closely. If we deem that your country begins to infringe upon the human rights of your new "prisoners", then your sovereignty will be sacrificed in the eyes of our military. If we deem that a violation of basic human rights and decency is taking place in your prison camps, we retain the option to launch a full scale military attack in reprisal. You would be best served to take care of those who will soon find the Promised Land, by comparison of the Hellish nightmare your country has become.

His Majesty the King Has Declared It So,
This, the 28th Day of December in the Year of Our Lord, 2009.
May God Save the King and the Azuran Empire!

With the Utmost Respect and Concern for All,
The King, William VI of the House of Alexandros, His Majesty
Holy Restored Kingdom of New Azura and the Azuran Realm
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:27 pm

The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation must express its supreme disappointment at the manner in which King William VI of New Azura has chosen to handle the recent deplorable developments in San Franutsco. His Majesty has chosen to refuse to act, citing the pretend "right of national self-determination" as an excuse. This is unacceptable. The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation properly recognizes the objective fact, provable from the first principles of the Universe, that neither rights nor sovereignty rest with the nation or the state, but that both rest solely and exclusively with the individual. Given this, then, the recent actions taken by the now-illegitimate government in San Franutsco call not for diplomacy but for punitive action, as the government of San Franutsco has committed the crime of violating the sacred sovereignty and natural rights of individuals. To that end, The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation has issued warrants for the arrest of leading government officials in San Franutsco, and those warrants will be served at the earliest possible opportunity; the suspects will then be charged and, if sufficient evidence is available, tried on charges of Unjustified Violence Against the Person and Mind under the Criminal Code of the Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation.

--
Peyton Manning #18
Starting Quarterback
Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Amystris
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amystris » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Our Leader was almost killed earlier this week by extremist Christians but he explicitly told The Military Congress and the Public that under No Circumstances was Christianity to blame and that Christians as a whole should not Suffer. The Fuhur also, having heard of this, Extends his support to Namabia and all Nations who Condemn the Acts of One nation. Fuhur Karkonov does not want War, but if it comes to that, the Freedoms of Human Beings Stand at his Highest level of Importance
Allies: Dyanstia, Trerents, Verzia and its Allies

Mustang Quotes

1)You can call me Roy Mustang. Or just Lieutenant Colonel. Hell, you can call me the Flame Alchemist. Whatever you do, remember the pain.

2)Killed in Action, and promoted two ranks for it. Brigadier General Hughes. You were the guy who was supposed to work below me and to push me to the top. Then you get yourself killed and surpass me in the ranks. I don't know what's more absurd. You or the State.

Song of the Day
Ready Steady GO by L'arc-en-Ciel

Capitalist Arcadia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Capitalist Arcadia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Official Diplomatic Communique
~The Armed Republic of Capitalist Arcadia~

IC: Capitalist Arcadia, being a predominantly Christian nation, strongly condemns this deplorable act of the San Franutsco government. The motives of this piece of legislation are just as deplorable and it is the hope of the government in Capitalist Arcadia that all nations will sever diplomatic and economic ties with San Franutsco as we have. It is also our opinion that at this time military action is not appropriate. However Arcadian intelligence will be keeping a watchful eye on this situation and will support military action if the treatment of these "prisoners" gets out of hand.
Furthermore, Arcadia will gladly accept any individual, Christian or not, who wishes to escape this tyranny.
Nation Stats
Current military strength: 6,000,000
Nuclear Warhead Count: 9,873 and more on the way!
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 5

Conflicts
-none-

Past Conflicts
The Arcadian-Langley Beach Civil War - Victory
The Liberation of Baradov - Victory
The Durgonian Crisis - Withdrew
Baradov Island
Member of The First International Congress of Economic Superpowers
Supporter of WASO

Capitalist Arcadia Factbook

Next