NATION

PASSWORD

You are Cordially Invited (FT, CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

StellarGate
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:02 am

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth
Sub-Commander Kara Larson

"I'm sure Jennifer will grow use to it." StarNight said. "It took me a while to get use to being leader and the publicity that comes with it, and I'm sure Kara can attest to some nervousness when she first became famous."

"True, but Cresian society is a bit different, more respectful of privacy and whatnot." Kara replied as she took her child Jessica's hand and Wind Walker shook his head irritably pawing at his collar until Nova gave him flattened ears in an obvious 'stop it.'. When Edward mentioned the carriages she sighed. "Shame such things of historical value were destroyed, I'm sure everyone would of liked to see the old carriages used. However, I'm sure that while the loss of such things was indeed heartbreaking, a replica could be used in its place. It might not be the same, but time to start a new tradition, can't let the Hegemony think they even partially won, even if they're all gone."
FT nation- Royal Cresian Empire
Dogmeat wrote:
Skunkylon wrote:There are only 2 genders

3 genders for the Drag Queens, under the sky
7 for the Gay Lords, in their Hall of Techno
9 for Lesbians, doomed to own cats
1 for the Incel Lord on his internet throne.
New Aerios wrote:If Atheism is a religion, off is a TV channel.
How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Admiral The Highlord Harrington of the Frontier, Duchess of Pike’s Redoubt, IC LGR DGS GTE CGC DSO* DSC*
Buckingham Palace, London, England
Earth, Sol System, The Terran Empire
Saturday 22nd July 2693

“I agree, she might not be used to it, and she might be a little shy, but she’s got a strong personality when you get her going, she’ll do great I’m sure,” Edward smiled proudly. “Besides, the people love her so she’ll not exactly have too difficult a time.”

Edward nodded his agreement.

“We are hoping to get some replicas built, and to start using them for state occasions, as part of rebuilding what has been lost over the years,” Edward commented. “However, all things considered we’ve had a lot of more pressing concerns, and its not like an open-top Aston Martin Victoria is a particular bad thing to have to go to ones wedding in.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth

"It certainly does not sound like a bad thing at all." Kara replied. "Never heard of one before, but if your using it, it must be important."

Star Guardian, as much as I am sure you like to socialize with fellows, I think it is time that we get to the ceremony you wish to perform with your partner. Nova said with a flick of ears.

"Congratulations Star Guardian, your Alaren name has changed, you are no longer 'young' to them." StarNight said, a bit amused, but obviously a bit distracted by some thoughts. "Now the fuzzball is right, lets get moving Edward. I don't want you to be late for your own wedding."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Admiral The Highlord Harrington of the Frontier, Duchess of Pike’s Redoubt, IC LGR DGS GTE CGC DSO* DSC*
Saturday 22nd July 2693

Edward simply smiled as they headed through the corridors of Buckingham Palace until they made their way into the central courtyard where a veritable convoy of Aston Martin Victorias were waiting for them. The Victoria had been designed after the Liberation of Earth, in celebration of the Victory, and was an absolutely stunningly beautiful hover car, its lines were exquisite and no expense had been spared (which was why they were so incredibly expensive. These particular models were open-topped, to allow the dignitaries to travel in them and see, and be seen by, the crowds. The King and Darien went in the first one as the Groom and his Best Man. Jessica, Jack and the Children were in the second one as the Maid of Honour and her family. The Caitlyn and Kara were in the third car as high ranking guests, with the remaining cars taken up by other senior Imperials. Once they were all together they set off.

They drove out of the Palace, across the forecourt where Guardsmen were standing post and saluted crisply. They drove around the monument to Queen Victoria and onto the mall. As would be the case with all the roads between here and Westminster Abbey they were lined with members of the Guards Regiments, as well as various other parts of the Armed Forces, from the Navy to the Air Force. There were people all over the place, the city was heaving with well-wishers all eager to get a view of the procession. They passed under Horse Guards Parade and onto Whitehall, turning right to head along towards Parliament Square and Westminster Abbey. The King and his Warlord bowed their heads as they passed the Cenotaph, originally intended to remember those who had lost their lives in Earth’s World Wars it now represented all those who had died in warfare across human history.

Soon enough they were at the Abbey where a military band played God Save the King as they stepped down from the car and once all of them were out they headed inside into the Abbey itself.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:22 am

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth
Supreme Commander Caitlyn StarNight

The Two high ranking Cresians were quite amazed with their surroundings. Being Cresians, none had taken part in weddings before of such scale, StarNight had been to a few, but none as lavish as this.

Wind Walker's eyes were wide at all the people. He'd never seen so many or felt so many people before as he jumped into the car and stood on his hind legs in his seat, front paws resting on the side so he could survey the crowd with interest. Nova didn't try to correct him or tell him to sit, but the way he rolled his eyes while projecting fond amusement to his fellows was an obvious sign that the young Alaren was just acting his age.

It wasn't long before they were all at the place which was called Westminster Abbey. Kara remembered flying by this place after the liberation of Earth, and it was nice to see it again, obviously having been touched up after the neglect of Hegemony rule.

As the group got out and joined they friend and headed inside the Abbey. It was time for the ceremony to start.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Westminster Abbey, London, England
Saturday 22nd July 2693

The King stood at the alter talking quietly to Archbishop of Canterbury Alexander Warwick who, as a close friend of the King, would be carrying out the ceremony, after all although it was a religious wedding (as both the King and Queen were Catholic) the Empire did not have a state religion and as such no one had wanted to shove religion down the people’s throats, for that reason there would be readings and sermons from the major religions represented by the Empire: Christianity, Islam and Judaism.. The Archbishop was in his most formal attire and looked genuinely thrilled to be presiding over the event, he had after all been gently pushing the King in this direction for most of the past eighteen months and was finally happy to see that the King, whom he had known for some time, had finally managed to find someone who dearly loved him and loved back just as dearly.

Suddenly all the attention of everyone in the room was on the far end of the aisle where the Bride had just arrived on the arm of her Father, the Duke of Alpha Centauri, who, was wearing the uniform of the Alpha Centauri Regiment in which he held an honorary colonelship in recognition of his position (and his connections). The bride’s dress had been specially made by only the best and had a train trailing behind her of some size that was being carried by adorable small children of both the King’s relations and Jennifer’s relations, and others, including Lady Kara. Arriving at the front, her Father nodded to the King before stepping back and sitting down in his place as he gave his daughter away to the King of Terra. Edward smiled at him, and his proud expression.

As the two of them stood looking into each other’s eyes, almost oblivious to everyone else the first hymn was sung. The hymn in question was Abide with Me, and at first glance this might seem like an odd choice as it was a well-known song for funerals, however both Edward and Jennifer had seen the deeper meanings. Perhaps the most obvious theme is the one asking god to be with them through all the difficulties, trials and tribulations of married life, this is after all extremely apt given that any married couple faced difficulties and it was only likely to be more difficult for the two of them, given their station and responsibilities. After all who would two religious people want at their side other than god? The hymn had also been sung at a number of Royal weddings in the past. The Cathedral Choir was in excellent form and the song was beautifully played and sung by all involved, telling of the months of practice that had gone into the ceremony to ensure that everything went to plan; it wasn’t every day that a reigning monarch got married, more often than not the heir to the Throne was already married when they ascended.

Once the hymn was complete Archbishop Warwick began to speak, greeting everyone from the highest nobles and foreign dignitaries right on down to the friends and family of the two being married. He spoke of the value of marriage in the modern day as well as the importance of a faithful and supportive spouse to a King, and stated his opinion that Jennifer would make a fine Queen, a move that got a murmur of approval from the Imperials present. After a few more of the normal motions it came down to the vows, both having agreed to go with traditional vows rather than anything groundbreaking. Edward went first, his voice as strong and confident as it was during any of his speeches or addresses.

“I Edward, take you, Jennifer, to be my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death us do part.

Jennifer smiled and spoke herself.

“I Jennifer, take you, Edward, to be my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death us do part.”

Cain stepped forward with the two wedding rings, both made of the highest quality gold that the Royal Family could afford, which was substantial. He handed the first to Edward who turned to Jennifer and began to slide it onto her ring finger.

“Jennifer, I give you this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live,” Edward said, pouring his heart into the words.

Cain handed the other to Jennifer who did likewise.

“Edward, I give you this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live,”

Warwick stepped forward and laying his hands upon both their foreheads he spoke.

“In the light of ever living God he has seen fit to bring these two souls together in holy matrimony,” Warwick said formally. “I now pronounce you husband and wife… you may kiss the bride.”

Edward and Jennifer both smiled as Edward leant forward and kissed her gently on the lips. The reaction inside the Cathedral was restrained from the Imperials but across the Empire those watching invariably smiled, cheered or any of a number of reactions, some ruder than others. As they signed the Wedding Register and the actual legal paperwork the Hymn, Lord of the Dance, was sung before Jennifer was formally crowned as Queen of Terra by her Husband and they were presented to the congregation, to a cheer of Long Live the Queen from the Imperials followed by a rendition of God Save the King. As the two Royals made their way back up the aisle the did so to the distinctive hymn; I vow to thee my country, symbolising the life of service that Jennifer had willingly entered into, and aside from that it was a favourite of the King.

The procession back to Buckingham Palace was intended to be substantial, spectacular and generally impressive. The procession was lead by a mounted cavalry from both the Life Guards and the Blues and Royals in full ceremonial armour and dress, their metallic armour glinting in the sunlight. This was followed by a massed parade of the Imperial Corps of Infantry which was made up from selected platoons from every Infantry Regiment in the Army in full dress, which resulted in a veritable sea of red coats as the parade advanced to various marching tunes provided by the massed bands in between them and the mounted cavalry. Immediately after the massed parade was the Royal Carriage from which the King and Queen waved to their people and generally enjoyed the atmosphere, surrounded by more mounted riders. Immediately behind the carriage were a parade of airmen from the RAF, sailors from the Imperial Navy as well as the various cadet forces which were as well turned out as any of their regular, serving counterparts.

Arriving back at the Palace the Royal Party, which now included the various family members of the King and Queen as well as the Highlords, assembled on the balcony at the front of the Palace to wave to the massed crowds that now dominated Kingsway, the great road in front of the Fortress and in the King and Queen kissed gently a few times, much to the roared approval of the crowd below. In the meantime the other national leaders would be led into the Great Hall where a feast was prepared and generally invited to take their mingle whilst they waited for the King and Queen, or otherwise step out into the grounds to watch the next phase; a massive fly-over by the Royal Air Force and the Fleet Air Arm of the Imperial Navy.

Once it was complete they headed back inside, there was still the banquet after all.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth

Kara watched with a smile as the wedding went about its business. It was a beautiful thing to behold as the vows were recited and the chorus sang. The children behaved, With young Jessica sitting still in her dress and Francis sitting still next to Wind Walker, watched everything with the curiosity of a young Alaren. She looked over to the Supreme Commander, who was watching herself, though Kara could feel a little nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she was in communication with someone. That was odd, but obviously it had to be important if she was doing it. However, after a little bit the feeling stopped and the Supreme Commander didn't budge from her seat so any problem must of been solved.

After the ceremony was done and the fly over had been completed, they were all seated and it was time for the banquet to begin.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Saturday 22nd July 2693

Once the Flypast was was complete the party made their way into the Great Hall were they took their places at the large top table that was shared by both the Imperial Family, the Highlords, and foreign guests. The feast itself was lavishly prepared and a feat of culinary skills and a testament to the ability and deciation of the Imperial Kitchen Staff. Once the food was over, Darien Cain stood up to give the traditional Best Man’s Speech.

“They say that being the leader of an Empire is the hardest job in the Galaxy, and I’m fairly confident that both the King and our guests here on the top table will agree with me,” Cain commented, glancing up and down the top table with a slight smile. “I would also imagine that both they and you would also agree with the statement that having someone to share a burden with invariably makes that job easier, and I dare say that, Edward, my friend and my King, you could not have chosen a better Queen.”

He paused.

“Jennifer, you are more than a support act for the King, you are perhaps one of the most forward, aggressive and dedicated women I have had the pleasure of knowing, you are not content to let life pass you by, and that’s why eighteen months ago when you saw a man who just happened to be the King, you decided to fall in love with him, and make him the happiest man in the Empire,” Cain continued, some of his comments receiving murmurs of approval or laughter from the room. “But in all seriousness, Edward, Jennifer, you two have one of the hardest jobs I can imagine, in the days, weeks, months and years that come you will be a rock for each other upon which no foe can ever assail you and the love that you feel each other,” Cain finished, turning to the crowd. “I therefore suggest a toast… the King and Queen!”

After the crowd had replied to the toast, and sipped some of the provided port, Edward stood up himself.

“I’m not going to say much, as I believe the Highlord here has filled the speech quota for this evening,” He commented. “So I’ll just say this… thank you, all of you for sharing this day with us … however the evening is young so I only have this to say… enjoy yourselves, and thank you.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth

As they joined the toast to the new King and Queen, Kara smiled happily, knowing that the two of them were truly in love and their marriage would certainly go down in the history books as an important step in the continued healing of the Terran Empire.

Nova flicked his ears, sitting on the back of Kara's chair as he surveyed the room. Kara reached up and gave in a piece of what she was eating,m which he ate happily and with manners that some humans might not believe.

"Edward, Jennifer. While this seems a bit much to declare your love for one another, I am truly happy for you two." She said to the two of them quietly. "It is a great honor to be here celebrating this with you."

"I'll make my formal speech when I give you my gift." StarNight said with a smile. "But Kara remember we do things a bit differently than the humans do."

Kara was about to reply when suddenly Her head snapped up and around in surprise. Nova mimicked her movement and every telepath and empath in the room would feel it.

There was a sudden burst of complete joy, the 'sound' of a name being called. Jessica's child, Edward turned his head from where he was sitting to the source.

Wind Walker burst up from where he'd been sitting and closed the distance between the two of them in an amazingly short amount of time, jumping into his arms with a happy cry. Edward looked stunned and happy at the same as he held the fluffy Alaren in his arms.

Oh I have found my bond person and my Voice to talk to the twolegs! How wonderful. the very different voice of Wind Walker projected. He continued to purr in Edwards arms, obviously over joyed by his bonding.

Alarens were an odd group and it would appear that they had two 'Voices', one of which was the basic Alaren Language and the other which allowed them to feel things other than fellow Alarens. It took time for the second to develop and could happen slowly or all at once and it would seem for Wind Walker it had happened all at once.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:17 am

Saturday 22nd July 2693

The King shrugged.

“At the end of the day it wasn’t just for us, were the King and Queen of an Interstellar Empire, we’re the embodiment of its heart and soul, this day wasn’t just for us,” The King replied sagely. “If it had been we’d have probably been happy with just a priest and a handful of close friends, but it comes with the territory of being a Head of State.”

At this point the attention of everyone in the room was distracted by the actions of Wind Walker as he catapulted himself at Lord Edward Harrington, Jessica’s son and heir. They all watched in amused surprise, as they knew that an Alaren would never hurt a Harrington, as they tried to work out what was going on. Edward himself didn’t seem particularly put out by the entire affair and found himself cuddling the fluffy creature tightly, as young children are want to do.

“Is that what I think?” Jessica glanced over at Kara and StarNight.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth

"If you mean that Edward was just bonded to a Alaren, then yes, it's exactly what you think." Kara said with a smile and Wind Walker continue to purr loudly in Edwards arms, refusing to move away from his new person.

She smiled as she stood, walking over to kneel beside Edward.

"Edward," she said softly, waiting until the child had looked up at her. "This Alaren is now your life-long companion, do you have a name for him?" She asked. Wind Walker turned his eyes to his new person, waiting for the answer.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Saturday 22nd July 2693

Edward looked taken aback by the entire affair, although not exactly displeased by it, given the good feelings he was getting from the creature he was now holding. It wasn’t surprising given his age, it was a lot for a young boy to understand all things considered and Jessica wouldn’t have blamed him if he didn’t know what was really going on. But he did seem to take the question being posed seriously and have some grasp of what was happening. He knew that a name was important, that it was something that couldn’t be changed once given and that it was something that made everybody unique, even if it was sometimes shared with other people. So to him it was highly important that he get the name right. He considered everything that he knew, and his thoughts went back to the world that they spent most of their lives so far on.

“Pike,”

He didn’t know it of course, but he was essentially naming him after one of the Old Empire’s greatest naval hero’s, Captain Sir William Pike.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth

Kara smiled. "What a handsome name." She said and the newly named Pike began to purr louder as he gave his person a 'hug', wrapping his paws around Edward's neck.

"He'll be a great influence for him. I'm sure" StarNight said with a smile. "Seems everyone is getting a chance to be happy today."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:10 am

Saturday 22nd July 2693

“It does, doesn’t it,” King Edward nodded with a slight smile. “Like I said, this day isn’t just for us.”

The King glanced over at the door.

“This next bit unfortunately, is just on us,” He commented dryly before they began to all retake their seats, the top table had been cleared of food and was waiting for the next stage. “Alright then, let’s get it over with.”

The giving of gifts at a wedding was traditional, and they were usually more symbolic than actual presents, either that or they were entirely practical and very useful. For someone like the King and his new Queen however it was something of a burden, after all they had pretty much anything that they wanted that they almost felt bad about being given gifts, especially when you considered that when selecting a gift for a King, the giver tended to be quite ambitious.

The Highlords came first, even with a foreign Head of State present it was traditional that the Highlords, the most powerful men and women in the Empire, gave their gifts first. It was a subtle reminder that as powerful as they were they answered to the King, although right now at least there was no need for that undertone, all the Highlords were loyal and friendly to the Crown. Walker Karin came first, he was the Imperial Chancellor after all, presenting to the Royal Couple a beautiful painting of the scene when the Imperials had first landed in London and marched on the Palace, painted by none other than Walker’s own sister, a skilled artist. Darien Cain, as the Imperial Warlord in time of peace he ranked below the Chancellor, approached next, offering the Royal Couple a very thick book which had the signatures and best wishes of each and every member of the Imperial Armed Forces on active service at the time of the Wedding. Jessica herself stepped forward next, nonchalantly presenting the Royal Couple with a Great Wolf cub, one of the first litter of Wellington and his mate. John Stark, Highlord of the Atlantia Sector, came next presenting an exceedingly intricate sculpture made from a material only found in the Gamma Quadrant. The Shogun Katsumoto was the last of the Highlords to approach, offering to the King what looked to be a very expensive and very finely made Daishō, that is the pair of swords traditionally worn by a Samurai.

The Highlords were finished, now came everyone else, starting with their esteemed guests.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 am

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth

Both StarNight and Kara watched as the gifts were given, all of them quite impressive. It was sort of a contest as one could tell, who could give the most extravagant or meaningful gift (as the King and Queen already had everything they needed to live together.)

When it was time, despite the fact that they should go by rank, StarNight made Kara go first. Kara gave her Supreme Commander a side glance but stepped forward with her own gift. It was a painting of Earth in all her glory after its liberation, with Terran ships in orbit, surrounding the middle were scenes which included the King reclaiming his throne, people celebrating and such. Kara had not made it, she had it commissioned, but it was a lovely piece of work none the less. Nova himself actually had a gift, from the Alaren race as a whole, a piece of smooth native bark from his homeworld, etched into it with the rarely used Alaren written language a sort of prayer which wished a long life, and happy bonding to those that receive it. It was meant to be burned in the first fire used for winter warmth (and Kara had helpfully included English instructions) which would release the lovely scent that the bark held.

Then StarNight stepped forward.

"Your Majesties. When I first came down here, I had only one present with me," She produced a small pair of boxes and opened them. Inside were a pair of finished stones, black flecked and veined with gold, that easily fit into the palm of a person hand. "These are Star Stones, pure black opal with natural flecks of gold and cores of Memory Crystal, they project soft starscapes at night, mimicing the gold within the stone. There are only a few in existence at the moment," She handed them to the couple. "But now... that's not my actual present. Could you please follow me outside?" She said, noticing the odd looks she got from just about everyone but they all followed her as she walked outside and to the landing pad.

after a few moments a cargo shuttle landed and a large cargo box was hauled out of the back by quick workers who waved the shuttle away and waited patiently for further instruction.

"Edward, you see, after Jessica brought back our missing colony ship and the coordinates to our Earth, we decided to finally go back." She paused, walking up to the box and placing a hand on it. We had started to clean up Earth, in hopes that maybe one day we could make it a habitable planet again. When we found a heavily armored archive. It had everything you could imagine in it. seeds and spores of just about every plant, frozen embryos from life that we could replicate. And there was a historical part, it had been a bit damaged, probably by the war, but within the ruins we found a lot historical items from way before the war, put in there to be preserved in case future generations forgot where they came from or something like that."

She walked around the large box a bit to a control panel. "We were only able to salvage little from this damaged section, and I brought most of it with me on a freighter so scientists that came with it could study with the help of the Terran Empire. As we really have no idea what most of this stuff is. However, I did recognize this." StarNight tapped something into the panel and the end of the box slid open, the workers which had stuck around went inside the dark box and carefully brought out(with a small bit of help from technology) what was inside, carefully handling what it was out.

"It was called on the plaque we found with it the 'Diamond Jubilee State Coach,' but that is all I know of it." StarNight said, turning to look at Edward. "And I'm gifting it to you. We have no connections to this anymore, it means very little to us in the RCE, however I know it'll mean a lot to you."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Saturday 22nd July 2693

“Lead the way then, please.”

The King and Queen, along with the Highlords and some of the other high ranking Imperials, made their way out of the Banquet Hall for the moment and followed the Supreme Commander. They all listening intently to the story behind the gift, whatever it was, they all knew the story of course but it was good to know what had happened afterwards, they did only really know what Jessica had been involved in, beside the people involved in the project of course. By the sounds of it it was going to be a very meaningful, potentially historic gift. But of course that could be pretty much anything, so there was a fair amount of speculation as to what it could be as they made their way outside and found themselves face to face with what they presumed to be a shipping container. What they saw when the gift was brought out of the box amazed and shocked everyone, especially given that everyone knew what it was due to the fact that the planners had been saddened that one had not survived. This was certainly a more than adequate replacement.

“It’s beautiful, and it certainly does,” The King smiled as he walked up to inspect it. “Thank You, this means a lot to us.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Terran Empire
Sol System
Earth

"After what you said earlier, it would be criminal not to give it to you." StarNight said with a smile. "The only earth we really have a connection to is this one, and honestly I'd consider this Earth more my home than the one I descended from."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:08 am

Captain Sir Nathan Wright KCS DSO
HMS Repulse BC-380
Epsilon Alpha Star System, Andromeda Galaxy
Saturday 23rd July 2693

The Wardroom aboard Repulse was full of happy, celebrating Imperial Naval Officers, pretty much the entire complement of officers aboard were present, sat around in comfortable chairs watching the large display on the far wall, with various sorts of drinks present in copious quantities. They were watching the Royal Wedding, or rather unlike most of the Empire due to their separated nature they were actually watching the recording, but it was close enough and it wasn’t stopping them from celebrating the occasion. Most of the ship’s company was, in their various messes, there was only a skeleton watch on duty and even they were probably watching it at their stations. The same was true throughout all of the ships in the Epsilon Alpha Star System, and down at Unity Colony below. For the Terrans at least work had literally ground to a halt as everyone tuned in to watch their King, who had got them through so much, finally get married. As Edward himself had said, this day wasn’t just for the Royal Family, it was for everyone who had fought to restore the Empire to its former glory.

Captain Sir Nathan Wright sat towards the front, as a privilege of rank. Captain Lorana Varcern, his (secret) lover was sat beside him watching the festivities as well. Captain Wright was the senior Imperial Navy Captain in the system, that meant that he was the go-to man when it came to pretty much anything, and he was the principle advisor to the Admirals on Unity Station as to the capabilities and tactics of the Asgar threat. He may not be in command anymore, given that there was an entire Task Force assigned here now (Task Force 81) that was hardly surprising, and he still had a formidable amount of influence for a single Captain in His Majesty’s service. But right now neither Wright nor anyone else cared about any of that, they were enjoying the moment for all its worth. Nothing had been heard from the Asgar since their aborted attack, but they had to be coming back, and everyone on Unity Station had to take what down time they could.

Nathan sat back in his chair as the ceremony ended and the procession back to Buckingham Palace began, like every ship in the Navy the Repulse had contributed one officer and one rating to the procession. Nathan smiled and leant forward to pick up the small shot glass of port that had been passed around a short time ago. He stood up and looked around at the room.

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” He said simply. “The King and Queen.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:46 am

Andromeda Unity Colony
HMS Repulse
Captain Lorana Varcern

On Unity colony it was pretty festive. Sure the Royal Family might not be their family, but Cresians knew how important this was for their fellows and it wasn't like they wouldn't watch, the Supreme Commander was involved so why not?

Lorana had gotten involved by going over to watch the ceremony aboard Repulse, sort of as a gesture to show that the Cresians knew how important it was to the Terrans. At least that was the official claptrap behind Captain Varcern going over. In reality it was so she could be with Wright, now her lover (secret, of course) during this momentous occasion. It was nice to feel the happiness from the crew as they watched and be with the person she'd come to love over their time here on the far-flung Unity Station.

The RCE had gotten their act together and sometime after the official Terran task force had gotten out here, sent their own task force. They often looked to her and Tharon for help with anything related to the Asgar, and they all treated the much smaller living ship and his captain with respect.

But now was not the time for such thoughts as Wright picked up the port which had been given to everyone and she picked up her own.

"The King and Queen." She echoed with the rest of the officers.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:20 pm

HMS Repulse BC-380
Saturday 23rd July 2693

Nathan waited a short time later as a few more toasts were proposed then decided that it was time that he excused himself, the celebrations would no doubt go on for longer and he didn’t want to put a dampener on them by remaining. The Wardroom was a place where the ship’s officers could come and relax, the last thing they needed was their CO looking over their shoulders whilst they did so, there was a reason after all why the Captain only came to the mess at the invitation of the Executive Officer.

“Well, XO, I think us Captains will get out of your collective hair and let you enjoy yourselves,” Nathan smiled as he stood up and began to make his way towards the hatch. “Have a good evening everyone.”

“You too sir,” Commander Jack Owen, the XO, replied. “It was a pleasure to have you, as always.”

Nathan smiled and with that he and Lorana left the Wardroom to its own devices and began to walk the corridors of the strangely quiet ship, given that most people were in their messes celebrating.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Andromeda Unity Colony
HMS Repulse
Captain Lorana Varcern

As they walked through the silent passages of the ship, Lorana could feel the happiness from the crew. It felt nice from the usual background noise of emotions and at least she was with Nathan, celebrating a momentous occasion.

"I don't suppose you have any Karin Whiskey to celebrate with, do you?" She asked with a smile. "After all, if we can't drink with your crew, then we can go enjoy some good stuff."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:18 pm

HMS Repulse BC-380
Saturday 23rd July 2693

Nathan smiled.

“Aside from the Knighthood, and the additional combat pay and the like, I also got a nice sized cash reward from various companies that had invested in Unity Colony,” Nathan smiled. “So I was able to procure some more, and given that I had a ‘Sir’ before my name, I got a discount too.”

Nathan smiled.

“There are some advantages to all the titles and decorations that the Terran Empire is so fond of,” Nathan grinned. “And its always good to take advantage of them.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Andromeda Unity Colony
HMS Repulse
Captain Lorana Varcern

"That's nice.' Lorana replied. "Haven't managed to get my own shipment of the special stuff I finagled out of my famous cousin yet. I know you can drink a few of them, you'll have to give them a go sometime, Sir Nathan." She said, somewhat jokingly.

"Though I have to admit, the gift StarNight gave the King was... amazing."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:01 pm

HMS Repulse BC-380
Saturday 23rd July 2693

“Well, I’m sure at some point soon we can have a night of drinking… and other stuff as well, maybe next time our ships get rotated back to the Home Galaxy for some R&R,” Nathan commented with a smile. “Knowing our luck, and based on our track record, the Asgar would choose that moment to make a reappearance.”

Nathan nodded his agreement.

“It most certainly was, and extremely historically important, after all the Imperial Family is descended from the Royal Family of Great Britain, back before the Empire, and many of the King’s ancestors will have driven to their weddings in that coach,” Nathan commented. “It was one hell of a symbolic gesture, in a day of symbolism, not a bad achievement.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Andromeda Unity Colony
HMS Repulse
Captain Lorana Varcern

Lorana smiled as he mentioned being rotated home. When the time came it would be a great time, at least she'd get to go a real Homecoming, or maybe she'd stick with Nathan to celebrate.

"Now let's get that drink in before someone gets it in their head that they need us."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents