NATION

PASSWORD

Insatiable Hunger... {Kraven, Havensky, and Gholgoth}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dephire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Insatiable Hunger... {Kraven, Havensky, and Gholgoth}

Postby Dephire » Sat May 31, 2014 8:05 am

"I have seen countless lives destroyed by the Dark One's corruption," Wilhelm began, "It makes me proud to be here on this day as the final piece holding his darkness bound to this world will be returned to its rightful realm. Tristan, you are the wisest of all Emperors and Kings before you. You have chosen to send the cursed blade into the depths of Hell's Gate." Wilhelm stood to Tristan Skragg's side, one hand on the young emperor's right shoulder. He looked upon his emperor's face with content. A smile spread wide across the ageless man's face, "Your father, Renuvian, would have been so very proud to see how much you have matured over the past few years. I am honored that you have chosen us for your Godsend Council, and kept us as your personal guides for the future days to come!"

Tristan decided that it was time to cast away the weapon that was corrupting his soul. He gathered his Godsend Generals, his wife Tynsei, and his new friend and fellow Gothic Lord Lucas Ironwing for the banishment ceremony. There, they stood in a half circle around a single focal point, a large waist-high stone pedestal where an abundance of ancient chains lay on the floor, cut by flame. Thousands of archaic inscriptions were etched into the stone, written in an language long since extinct. In his hands was the cursed sword, God's Bane.

"This sword has already claimed the lives of millions, and the souls of thousands. It is time for this obscene relic of the past to be locked away, and to never be disturbed again." Tristan stepped forward with God's Bane. "By my order as Emperor of Dephire and descendant of the Archangel of Light, I banish you back to the hellish depths from whence you came!" He held the sword in his hands as he approached the pedestal, blade to hilt. An aura of darkness pulsed from the blade itself. God's Bane had become an extension of Tristan, as if it were a part of his body. He grasped it by the hilt and lifted the massive sword above his head. "I banish you back to Hell!" Tristan thrust the blade deep into the pedestal.

A powerful, overwhelming flash of light exploded from the pedestal, forcing Tristan to retreat several steps back and causing everyone to protect their eyes. "You will come back for me, Emperor! You will come crawling back to me, begging for forgiveness! You will be desiring my power once more, craving it!" The voice came from the sword. It was no whisper as before, but boomed throughout the room. The voice of the Dark One. The voice of the Old Dephirian God, Serizül.

"I care not for your corrupting power!" Tristan shouted back at the voice, "You will have no Dephirian for a master!" He turned away, walking towards the exit for the chamber. The rest of the group proceeded to follow.

"You are wrong, Tristan. The time will come when all hope has been nearly lost. A time where you are surrounded by enemies and need my assistance... You will desire my power and call out to me. They always come back for me!" Serizül shouted as the doors shut behind them.

Wilhelm watched as two guardsmen sealed the thick blast doors, "What are your orders, Emperor?" He asked, but knew the answer already.

"Purge this world of that defile artifact's existence." Tristan commanded through barred teeth.

"Yes, my lord." He turned to the guards, "Flood the chamber!"

The guards immediately finished locking the doors, sealing them permanently. Once the task was done, they went to two separate consoles, one on either side of the door. Green lights above each console indicated that the door was completely sealed. They took out small keys and inserted them into their respected consoles, each give a firm twist. A button appeared at each console, which both guards pressed simultaneously. Inside the chamber, the stone pedestal was released from the pneumatic platform that had been built beneath it. It fell down a long cylindrical shaft several hundred feet down. The guards received one final indicator light and one last button revealed itself. They looked to the emperor for final confirmation.

"Do it," Tristan's words would have sounded cold if they were intended for a person. This execution was for a curse.

"So ends the chapter of God's Bane, Slayer and Prison of the Old God," Jane Romanov said under her breath. The guards nodded in unison and pressed the buttons before them. Within a matter of moments, the entire chamber they had all just been standing in a few minutes before flooded with molten metal. The metal splashed to and fro as it flowed from the foundries. It filled the shaft and then filled the chamber.

"Let this day be of celebration and not of mourning," Minera Volthe spoke sullenly and as if adding sarcasm to her words.

"I concur, Minera," Wilhelm smiled, though he judged that he was the only person in the entire group that was cheerful.

Darius was puzzled by the man's cheerful mood, "Please tell me you are sober."

"No, Stormsurge. I will be accompanying Lord Ironwing to Havensky territory later today. It is my hopes that I get to visit Lady Raven!" Wilhelm boasted it proudly, but found Ironwing's raised eyebrow to come as some disturbance. "To discuss some science hodge podge that no one here would be interested in hearing about." Wilhelm was smiling as he talked, but was slightly flushed in the face.

"You seem overly infatuated with this girl, Wilhelm. Do not try to push too hard, you may get hurt. I would hate to see your heart broken, again." Jane's tone seemed cold as ice as she warned the ageless man.

"Hurt?" Wilhelm laughed, "I can't be hurt by anyone who shares a mutual fascination with science! Besides, it's just to discuss more about this reaper tech..." He shied away, trying to hide his face from the group.

"Right... Remember that Taozian girl? You said the same thing, but you did not leave your bed for weeks, claiming that she crushed your heart!" Darius chuckled as he quickly moved around so that he could see Wilhelm's reaction.

"She said that my research into cybernetics was one step closer to playing God, and that we humans shouldn't mettle in such affairs!" Wilhelm said defensively.

"What of the time I turned you down when you asked to buy me a drink?" Jane's eyebrow raised, "We heard you weeping like a baby every time I walked passed you for weeks. It was quite pathetic."

"M-My eye implant was shorting out! Sending those static charges in my skull causes great pain! It was pure torture!" Wilhelm pleaded.

"Oh quit it," Tristan chimed in, "Let the man enjoy the ideas of having a symbolic companion. As always, though, do be careful not to try asking for her hand in marriage before buying her dinner. Just because she helps stimulate your mind does not mean she is wanting some sort of long term relationship outside being simply friends. Plus," He looked to Ironwing and winked, "I am sure she doesn't want a man holding her back. Being in a relationship can sometimes take time away from other things, especially in the case of Lady Raven."

"B-but... Oh come on, you told him about the dinner thing?" Wilhelm turned to Jane. He tried to say something to Tristan, but no words came. His emperor was right, that was definitely a silly plan. He's first ask Lady Raven to dinner...

"Normally, I'd threaten you with a cold and painful death if you broke the heart of one of my knights.. but - with all do respect - it's not you I'm worried about," Ironwing said with a sly smile. He had seen many a young man with their hearts broke. He could see the signs.

Wilhelm withdrew slightly at Ironwing's words, but Jane continued to poke fun at him."What? You just met me and were drunk off your ass." She laughed and quietly said to Ironwing, "This was twenty years ago, and yet I can still embarrass the man."

"Well, I have certainly seen a whole new side to all of you." Lucas Ironwing smiled, "It is like you are all some great big extended family!"

"That is right!" Minera beamed, "You see, Tristan and my older brother were best friends when they were kids. Jane and Wilhelm were in the Godsend Council that Tristan's dad was in way back. Darius over here," she grabbed Stormsurge's arm, "Is new to the bunch, but he is like a brother to myself and Tristan. The only person missing is Ki'lan!" She smiled, but then had an expression as if she had a sudden moment of realization, "Tristan, where is Ki'lan?"

Tristan also had a brief moment of confusion and looked at Wilhelm, who looked back at him, "I am not sure, Minera. I sent him to Galva for further training. I should of punished him for defying an order, but I could not do that. Now that you have mentioned it, I am afraid that I haven't heard from him in weeks, which really did not seem surprising to me as I am kind of used to it. Did you hear anything, Wilhelm?"

Wilhelm asked Colossus and was troubled with the response, "Colossus and his Slayer network have no trace on Godsend General Ki'lan. Perhaps he is underground somewhere?"

"Perhaps," Tristan pondered a moment, "Well, in any case, we should head away from this chamber. Starting to give me bad vibes."
"Wait," Minera stood still for a moment, "Tell me this was not the only reason you summoned your council here." She gestured to the sealed chamber.

Tristan sighed, "You are quite astute, I will give you that," Tristan turned to her as he spoke. "We have much to prepare over the next several months before the event begins."
"Event? What event? I didn't see any events posted on the Godsend calendar!" She produced a small tablet and looked over events for the next six months.

"Expansion," Darius spoke the single word, "It has been ages since Dephire has looked beyond its own borders for land and resources. Ours are not so plentiful anymore. Our people need more land or else we will eventually starve out. Colossus has been gathering data and has found the lands in Varathron to be mostly untouched. It is there that we are looking to start expanding."
"Oh, do we mean to declare war?" Minera asked kindly.

"No, we will not wage war against the protectorate of Gholgoth. There are millions of square miles left untouched and unclaimed by any nation. The amount of untapped resources in that region of the world is outstanding. It would be in the best interest of Dephire and her allies to extend an arm into those lands so that we could claim them for our own." Jane tried to explain it from a political perspective.

"Why was I not informed? I am part of the council, am I not?" Minera was sounded as if her feelings had been hurt.
"You did not need to know until now, Minera. There were things that I had to verify through the other branches before consulting you. All landing zones would be uninhabited. There will be no conflicts brought about. No native populations that we know of would be present. I apologize if I have upset you, but I wanted to be absolutely sure before details were produced and orders given." Tristan had moved his way towards Minera, and now stood directly in front of her.

She glared into his eyes as hurt turned to anger, "I am not my brother, Tristan. As I am no longer a kid you have to babysit. I am your General of the Army. Use me... Nay, order me as you wish!" She stood erect, but still six inches shorter than Tristan while wearing the armored suit.

Tynsei gingerly placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, "Tristan did not mean anything by what he said, nor did the other members of the council. We are aware of your experiences and differences between yourself and Menias. It is because of these differences that Tristan would rather have all of the facts and details put together before presenting the orders to you. This was to ensure we could make the move without fault."

Minera's eyes lowered to the floor, "I am sorry. Thank you all for considering my feelings in the matter."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Minera. For now, please let us have some lunch." Wilhelm smiled and lead the party towards the dining halls.

Lunch was served in one of the many great dining halls of the old citadel. Seared ash boar, seasoned with spices from the southeast coastlines, gave off a euphoric aroma throughout the room. When one would take a bite of the meat, they would taste a savory mixture of mild heat and earthy flavors. Alongside the main dish were many trays of roasted vegetables and freshly picked fruits. Placed sparingly were smaller trays of desserts. The entire display was breathtaking to say the least. Lucas Ironwing's eyes seemed to dart from one tray of food to the next, unsure of which to try first, looking up to his hosts for some guidance.

Wilhelm noticed the man's seemingly overwhelmed expression, "Please help yourself, Lord Ironwing. Yes, the amount may seem excessive, but most of it will be given to those in need. Though, I know second-hand food is never the same and can be selfish, we try not to over indulge when those who are hungry could also have a meal..."

Ironwing, feeling a bit more informal amongst the group took a small bite of ash boar. "No need to explain. I am just taken back by how the size of this feast. And I thought Texans were the only ones who laid out a big spread. I try to cook different kinds of meals at home, but I've never seen some of these dishes. Some of these are downright inspiring."

"We have much to still learn from one another. Your new lands in Gholgoth will be an exciting new chapter for Havensky." Tynsei took a moment to sip on some water. "Dephire is willing to go through leaps and bounds to assist in any way possible in establishing a safe home here in Gholgoth. I am sure once we have helped create a seaport in your new coast, a more permanent trade route can open up between us and more doors open."

"That would make the Skyan people very happy indeed. We think the Citadel Port will be ready in a few weeks. Then the matter of establishing safe passage routes and all that. But first, tell me what this dish is.. It's a little like pork, but more... more.. gamey? But in a good way!" Ironwing asked politely. Admittedly, he wished to discuss the matters of state at a later time. The recent activities and the sheer sight of a demon's soul has left him exhausted.

"This meal is of ash boar, which gets its namesake from its ash colored skin. Our ancestors believed that when Mount Viruzeal erupted for the final time, all life was covered in a thick layer of ash. This layer of ash was carried on through generations and the people, animals, and plants were born as if from the ash. What is fascinating is that our people gained a recessive trait in our genetics that can give those born from the northern tribes' ancestory a similar color." Tristan provided the small excerpt of information. "Those 'blessed' with this trait, but not born of the color, tend to have markings on their body. Both Tynsei and myself have such marks, though you cannot see them on me with this blackened flesh..." He chuckled lightly.

"Ah," Ironwing glanced to the black flesh that Tristan referred to. "Forgive me, but can I ask how your skin changed?"

"This was my price paid to the Dark One in order to free Dephire from Vega's rule. It is unusual the circumstances for my corrupted body. Vega was fully possessed by Serizül and forced to serve under his will. In order to defeat Vega, however, I had to literally take God's Bane from his cold dead hands and use it to finally release Vega from its hold on his soul. The blade was used by my ancestor, Scythis, to kill the Dark One. It is the Dark One's soul that is imprisoned in the blade. With Vega slain, I became the new slave to God's Bane. You asked me long ago if I kept God's Bane by my side as a means to protect my family. Your words stuck in my mind that day. I realized that my personal image to the world must have been that of a boy using a crutch as a means to get respect. Your harsh words opened my eyes to what the outside world saw of me, and how the world may truly feel about Dephire. It was your bold question which lead me to a new path of redemption." Tristan sipped at the cold wine before him.

Ironwing looked down to his plate. "Tell me, Tristan, what all have you really done to redeem yourself to the world? Locking away that sword is one thing, but people have long memories and short tempers. Textbook history, much of which you revealed to me that day in the study. At first I thought you were a misunderstood young man, but recent events has caused me to wonder... who are you really?"

"I understand your reservations, Lucas. If I were in your position, I would question every move I make." Tristan took a small bite of boar, chewing it thoroughly before swallowing it softly.

Ironwing sighed, "This campaign of yours. What is its true purpose? Why must you seek lands beyond your region's borders? From an outside perspective, it makes no sense. And while I don't have my wife's skill at diplomacy, my insitinct is the international community isn't going to understand it either. For one wanting to patch up your nation's poor reputation, this would do to the opposite."

"Those were the thoughts I once had myself. 'Why?' Such a simple question and yet the answer can never be further from the truth. My nation needs to expand. This is a non-negotiable term of contract for any large nation. The land we currently control has been ravaged by war for so long that it will soon be unable to sustain a growing population as large as Dephire's for too much longer. We must either expand or die. The lands of Varathron prove fitting for expansion as much of it would be free for the taking. Uninhabited, virgin land." Tristan spoke with confidence, though in a quite voice.

"Virgin lands that need a large military to settle?", asked Ironwing raising an eyebrow. "I mean, you're not even trying to hide it. I'm not even sure you could, I don't even need the satellites to see it's bigger than anything you've done before. Trust me, I had people checking the record books. If I didn't know better, I'd say you're building quite the force." Ironwing's tone was calm, but the tension in the room thickened.

"I want my people to be protected when we make the move to colonize Varathron, Lucas. If there are any threats to my people, then I will be prepared to unleash Hell. Furthermore, the Reich may make a move on the land. We know full well how they treat the lands they invade or the natives they come across. I want to be sure that Milograd was the last time they commit genocide." Tristan's eyes flared with intensity and his hands clenched into fists.

"Oh, I trust you.. I wasn't trying to accuse you of any wrong doing... just pointing it out how it looks. " Lucas sipped at his drink. "So, Wilhelm, I have not had the moment to thank you for your involvement with Operation Heartbreak. Jessica will want to thank you in person, but other matters have come up requiring her intention these days."

Wilhelm frowned as he remembered that day, "How is Lady Jessica?"

"Better. She's is the strongest person I know. When you visit Glitch..erm.. Lady Raven, you may have a chance running into her."
"I... I would not know what to say. I owe your wife my life." Wilhelm's eyes filled with sorrow and his gaze lowered to his plate. He had not ate anything, despite his overselling of the food.

"As she owes you hers. I owe you quite a debt for going deep into Norska to save my wife, Wilhelm. I know that spy craft is a dangerous role," Tristan's eyes narrowed slightly as he listened, eating another bite while watching Ironwing closely. Lucas turned his attention to Tristan, "We were greatly relieved to receive his information. It's alarming that we don't know what exactly the Reich wanted or what they were trying to accomplish. I... I am not sure that I would even want to know. I am just happy that my she's safe. I am thankful not to have to have any more worries on that front. Again, I thank you."

Tristan looked to Tynsei, who in return smiled, then he returned his eyes back to Lucas, "What was done is a crime against nature and humanity itself. I would think any just human being would have done the same were they in our position." He stood, but had to hold on to the table for support as a wave of dizziness swept over him. "I- !" He leaned forward, placing more of his weight against the table as he grapped at his chest, grimacing in pain.

"Tristan?!" Tynsei's eyes shot open and scrambled to her husband's side. The rest of the Godsend Council rose at once and came to his aid. "What is it?"

Tristan coughed violently into his napkin, then turned to his wife slowly, "Do not worry, my darling." He smiled to her, black liquid slowly gliding from the corner of his mouth and down along his chin before collapsing into her outstretched arms. She could feel his heart racing and tears welled in her eyes as she held her husband.

"Tristan..." Minera ran to his side, with Darius and Wilhelm just behind her. Jane and Ironwing rushed over, but could not assist the young man with the others in the way.

"Colossus, we need immediate medical assistance! The emperor is in trouble!" Wilhelm shouted.

"I sensed Tristan was in distress. Medical team is already en route. Tristan's vital signs do not indicate an immediate danger, but he may go into shock." The AI spoke through Wilhelm's power armor, a gift from Lady Raven.

"Is it poison, Colossus?" Ironwing asked as he examined Tristan's glass of wine.

"No..." His voice was faint, but Tristan managed to squeeze it out. "Withdrawal from... him..." The doors burst open as one of Wilhelm's medical units arrived with a stretcher. They were quick to get the emperor secured and left within moments of arriving.

"We will keep by his side," Tynsei informed the group, "He said this might happen. Come, Minera." Minera followed Tynsei as they followed the medical team. Wilhelm started to follow, but Jane placed her hand on his shoulder.

"We have this taken care of, Wilhelm. Go on to your rendezvous with Lady Raven." Jane spoke quietly to the emperor's second in command. "He would want you to protect our fellow brother." She gestured to Lucas.

Ironwing and Wilhelm both protested, but gave into her request. Wilhelm waved at Darius. "Come, Darius, let us escort Ironwing back to Havensky." He turned to Jane, "Keep me informed of Tristan's health."

"I will." She turned and began to try catching up to Tynsei, "Oh, and by the way... Give Lady Raven my best regards." She smiled wide and laughed as Wilhelm growled.

With the party now split, Wilhelm and Darius walked with Ironwing through the gloom that was Citadel Prime, one of the main keeps of Hell's Gate. Lucas was still mesmerized by the structures in the massive fortress city. It had the appearance of being built by purely black stone and metal. The citadel was ancient, but there was no signs of just how old it could truly be. From the perspective of an outsider, the citadel would be intimidating and fill them with dread. However, Lucas was more than a mere tourist. Lucas had seen his fair share of disturbing sights in his lifetime. He took a moment and reached out to feel one of the stone walls as they walked. It was cold as ice to the touch.

"Long ago, this citadel was home to Dephire's most feared and dreadful ruler of all time, the true Black King, Delthar. This citadel was carved from the remnants of the extinct volcano that Tristan spoke about during lunch, who's rock was blacker than darkness itself. I know how cliche that sounds. Evil usually is associated with black or darkness, but this held true when talking about Delthar. He was one piece of work. This whole city has been standing since his reign of terror ages ago. Many stories have been passed down saying that the city itself was reinforced by his black magic, to forever stand until his eventual return. Fascinating story, yes?" Darius saw Ironwing's fascination with the structures surrounding him. Wilhelm turned his head briefly to see that everyone was still keeping pace.

"Interesting... I'm surprised no one has tried to tear it all down after all of these years in order to rebuild it anew. It is a huge contrast between this city and the Temple, that is for sure!" Ironwing noticed Wilhelm slow his pace.

Wilhelm stopped mid-step, "We tried to once..." He pointed to the west. Ironwing walked over the the window and looked towards the horizon. At first, it was difficult to see anything as all he saw was what appeared to be a mountain range, but then he realized that it was not a mountain range at all, but the city's massive wall. His eyes then found the area Wilhelm was pointing to where a section was demolished. "That is the last scar from the war between Jonathan Vega and the Templar Order. There were dozens of similarly destroyed sections throughout that wall, but they have almost all been rebuilt by this city's people."

"Why would they do that?" Ironwing looked back to the Godsend.

"Even though a great evil came from this place long ago, the people have a new perspective for Hell's Gate since that war. Tristan saved the city from complete destruction. Since that fateful day, the people now feel this place to be a holy city as if it had been blessed by the Archangel's presence." Darius explained.

"I am sorry... Archangel?" Lucas sounded puzzled.

"Perhaps another time," Wilhelm smiled, "Our transportation to your airship is right this way."
"My nation was forged by the blade of a sword and so it lives on through the sword." -Tristan Skragg, Emperor of Briska.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Fortress Continent
Dephire - Hell's Gate

His breathing was labored. A soft hand was firmly holding his. His eyes remaining closed, with little energy to open them so he could see who's hand was holding his.

Thump! Thump!

His heart was beating irregularly, and he could hear it pounding. His body trembled as if freezing, but he was feverish. Sweat soaked his sheets. A cool cloth blotted at his forehead. His mind drifted in and out of consciousness. Nightmares were the only dreams to enter his mind.

"Tristan! Tristan, please wake up!" The voice rang out in his head, but sounded distant to the suffering man. He could hear the pain in the voice. His eyes fluttered open for a brief instant, but they only caught a blurred glimpse of the hospital room before shutting. The door had opened and closed. Dozens of light footsteps going in and out of his room. Many were accompanied by weeping and sobbing. He could not handle people crying, but he was powerless to stop their tears.

"Come, now," A voice spoke, "Let's grab something to eat and allow the emperor's mind time to rest. We are throwing off the balance of the room with our presence." The voice was muffled, but Tristan could tell it was male. He could tell several pairs of footsteps left the room at once. He was then left in silence, and darkness took hold.

Dephirian 'Butterfly' VTOL - Safe Passage

Wilhelm looked out over the ocean while the massive transport aircraft soard towards the Havensky territory. His mind wandered to and fro. He was once a Godsend Admiral of the Dephirian Imperial Air Force while serving under Vega's first term as Ruler of All.
Now he was charged with the Emperor's Guard. Yet, he was ordered to go to Havensky when his emperor became ill? The idea was offensive to the Ageless Man.

"Don't worry, Wilhelm. The ladies will take care of him." Darius reassured his colleague.

"It is not him that I worry about. He means very much to those three women, and losing him could bring about the apocalypse." Wilhelm spoke without emotion nor thought into his words. Playing off his statement as casual talk.

"My word, you do aim for the dramatic, Wilhelm." Lucas chuckled.

Darius turned to Lucas, wide-eyed, "He's not... Those three are like the Trinity of Crazy Bitches. Strange how Tristan managed to marry and knock one of them up..."

Wilhelm scolded Darius, "You must forgive him, Lucas, he is still a mere boy." Wilhelm apologized.

"I am older than Tristan!" Darius shouted.

"Physically, maybe. However, to judge your mental capacity, well, that would be a waste of the people's money. To fund such a laborious project would be a huge black hole in budget." Wilhelm sighed with disappointment. In truth, Darius was much younger than Tristan, but no one would tell him that.
"My nation was forged by the blade of a sword and so it lives on through the sword." -Tristan Skragg, Emperor of Briska.

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:55 am

Citadel University
West Tower Lecture Hall
Citadel City, Havensky

The lecture hall was on the top floor of the west tower of Citadel University. Stained glass windows alternated with crystal clear ones giving the students at the lecture a bird's eye view of the new city. There were about a hundred students attending a special lecture from Lady Raven - better know to her friends as Glitch.

"While Frankenstein's Monster is perhaps that most famous of these examples, we don't need to limit ourselves to fiction to hear tales warning mankind to beware the dangers of creating what they can not control."

Hubris. Hubris: Extreme pride and or self confidence to the point where one loses touch with reality. We, being the new gods, split the atom, touch the stars, and create machines that can think for themselves and do our bidding.

Hubris.

The atom bomb is responsible for the deaths of millions. It's destructive devastating power leaves nothing but poisonous skies in it's wake. We touched the stars, only to send back destruction. There is a continent - in this very region - split in two. The advent of artificial intelligence, a being designed to solve a nation's most difficult problems, instead becomes it's Lord and Master... and a tyrant.

Some of you are here to study the art and science of weapon making - this isn't a ignoble pursuit. I've personally constructed many weapons - some of which have been used in combat. Some of you are wondering why you have to take history and ethics in our programs - even as engineers.

The answer is simple. It's because once that weapon leaves your hands - it's no longer under your control. That weapon can be used for good or evil. As the world grows more chaotic, there's always a temptation to create bigger engines of destruction. A single weapon that can tip the scales in your favor. However, understand that there is a consequence. That is all for today.

The class broke up and Glitch stayed to answer a few questions from students that had come up to her. Finally, when the last student had left the room, she stepped down from the lectern and down the stairs of the small stage to see Wilhelm. Wilhelm had the silliest grin looking up at her.

General Wilhelm, what a surprise! I thought you would be with the Emperor?

The grin on Wilhelm's face diminished somewhat.

"I'm afraid I must inform you that Tristan is not doing too well."

"Yes, I was informed by the House of Ironwing."

"Well, I have a project. If you have the time, would you mind having a look?", asked Wilhelm displaying a small data drive in his hand.

Glitch snatched the data drive from Wilhelm and inserted it into her gauntlet. Instantly, a model of a power suit popped up on the large screen in the back of the room.

"What is this..power armor?", asked Glitch.

"Something to keep him alive."

Glitch studied the schematics intently - rotating the three-dimensional model with her gauntlet.

Nano-robots? Those are much too expensive to build and maintain for a suit of armor.

[i]The costs of this magnitude mean nothing. Over my many decades on this planet, I have saved a great amount of wealth. If it means that my Emperor will be safe by your technology, the costs matter not.
, scoffed Wilhelm.

Yes, but you'd have to keep a full time engineer on staff just to keep them working! Those things are more trouble than they're worth. And you've got them performing medical tasks - what if one malfunctions? It's not like you can't just pull it out. And what's with the shoulder pads? Is he going to play linebacker or something?

They're traditional! And I've tested those nanobots! They're perfectly workable!

The two minds began to spar back and forth for the remaninder of the afternoon.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Citadel University

"Please, allow me to show you something I have kept hidden even from Tristan." Wilhelm took Glitch aside and looked around to make sure no one could see. He took out a small blade from within a thigh recess on the suit and cut his finger with it. A small dot of blood bubbled up to the surface of the skin, but then withdrew and the minuscule wound healed. "This is a gift I am willing to present him. It is a means to make him-"

"Unnatural." Glitch cut him off. She then looked up to Wilhelm, noticing his hurt expression, "Do not be so offended, Wilhelm. Look, let us think from his perspective. Despite having inhuman capabilities, which I am still working on trying to disprove, Tristan is as normal a human being as possible. Implementing that to him could ruin everything he's lived up to being."

"Yes, you are right." Wilhelm was looking over his hand, still over thinking Glitch's use of 'unnatural'. "Like many, I have considered him like a son, especially with Renuvian's passing. I would never want him to change, or be changed, against his will."

Glitch examined the body build of the suit with more attentive detail, "We will reduce the shoulders in size, may even blend them into the thickness of the arms. If he is wanting to carry his swords, then they will have to be separate from this suit. We can work on getting the rest of the items in there that you request. For your first suit design, it is not too bad, overall. If you keep at it, I am sure you might be able to design these without my help."

Wilhelm turned away, hiding his blushing cheeks, "You are too kind, Lady Raven."

"My goodness this place is huge!" A voice shouted out from the far side of the lecture hall.

"Oh shit..." Wilhelm sighed. "He found me..."

"Who is that?" Glitch asked.

Wilhelm turned to see Darius running up, "My never-ending nightmare..."

"Hey you two! Might I say this place is just GREAT! Such a huge contrast to Dephirian architecture! This lecture hall is even bigger than the one in Hammerfest!" Darius was still shouting, excited about leaving Gholgoth for the first time. He was rather enjoying being a 'tourist' for once.

"Yes, yes. Havensky is quite the lovely country. Weren't you supp-" Wilhelm began.

"HOLY SHIT! Is that a super suit?" Darius' eyes caught a visual of the plans for Tristan's power armor.

Glitch laughed as she witnessed Wilhelm groan. "Why yes it is! Actually, Wilhelm and I were just discussing about it now. This is merely a rough draft. Sort of like a raw gemstone before being cut into an intricate design."

"I swear, I still do not understand how nor why you made it through the Academy, Darius. I never will." Wilhelm shook his head.

Darius' face turned into a sour frown, "Hey now, I didn't go and insult you, now did I?"

Fortress Norska

Officer Siegfried Hansolft walked briskly through the fortress. "Why did the old man summon me this time?" He was rushed, with the tail of his coat flapping as he moved along. The 'old man' was who he had been transferred to when he disobeyed Tristan aboard the train. His mind had been changed, distorted. He was no longer "Ki'lan", the Godsend General of Dephire, and Tristan's 'Captain of the Royal Guard'. He was now a mere dog for the 'Puppet Master', a Dephirian defect turned Reich scientist. Siegfried was equipped with dual desert eagle fifty caliber semiautomatic pistols, holstered at the hip. He had one remaining item from his Godsend days, his sword 'Firestorm', which was sheathed on his back.

He huffed deeper into the citadel, getting lower in elevation until he finally reached the inner sanctum.

"You're late!" The man inside snarled. "I sent for you fifteen minutes ago!"

"You sent for me while I was on the other side of the bloody city." Siegfried shot back. "What is it you want?"

"More potential subjects. We need more samples." The man handed Siegfried a stack of folders. Inside were papers with profiles for several hundred people.

"You sent a courier all the way to the far side of Norska to fetch for me when you could have sent this to me via courier?" He started looking through the folders and noticed someones name stand out. "You have Tynsei Skragg on this list."

"Yes, what of it?" The scientist seemed intrigued to see his creature's reaction.

"Empress of Dephire? You want samples of her as well?" Siegfried's face was without emotion, but the scientist could tell a nerve may have been struck.

"No single person on this world is above science! You will do as you are ordered. That is all. Get out of my lab!"

"Hmph!" Siegfried turned and left, the thick stack of folders under his arm for further review on his stealth VTOL.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Glitch Labs
Epiphany's Forge
Citadel City, Havensky

Glitch's personal workshop was located just a few blocks from Citadel University and several stories down beneath the earth. To melt carbon steel, the fires of the forge had to burn at 2246 degrees fahrenheit. The forge was burned three stories down in order to protect those on the surface in case anything went wrong.

The forge itself had two levels. On the top was a single deck that held the computers, screen, and schematics needed to build whatever was required at the moment. Several 3D printers stood by to produce whatever components were needed. All of this was protected by a three foot wall of heat shielded glass. A single balcony looked over the forge itself. It was from this vantage point where Lady Regina "Glitch" Raven watched Tristan's armor be forged.

Four men manned the station. They carefully brought out the chest plate out of the flames and onto the workbench. Each of the for men took turns hammering the metal into it's proper position. The leader, a tall strong man with long dreadlocks, picked up the chestplate with long tongs and inspected the plate. He looked at Glitch and nodded.

Glitch nodded back. She had learned long ago to trust Ali's judgement.

Ali brought the chest plate onto the table to cool.

It would be about 2:00am before the chest plate was cool enough to handle. Lesser craftsman would have simply waited until morning for the final assembly. However, Glitch was not a lesser craftsman.

At exactly 2:01 am, Glitch took the chest plate and attached it to the rest of the power armor with her screwdriver. It seemed a pretty mundane process, but in the end the screws that attached the chest plate to the rest of the armor really was the best way to attach them. With a final turn, she stepped away and motioned to the doctors that were standing by.

Each doctor observed and approved the variety of medical devices that were installed on the power armor.

With that, Glitch nodded to Fae to begin to paint. Fae may not have been the most scientific of her employees, but she was a very good artist. Fae slowly and carefully began to paint each piece of the power armor. The base of the armor would be crimson with gold accents. She then painted a Delphirian Eagle onto the chest plate.

At 4:32am, Glitch considered the armor done. She sent a quick message to Wilhelm.

General,

The armor is complete. Your liege may pick up the armor from Citadel City when convenient. However, he must report to King Lucas Ironwing for training before leaving with it. I can not stress the importance of this training. Using the armor without training is very hazardous.

In solidarity,

Lady Raven

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Dephirian Medical Airship, The Alexandria

"Godsend General Wilhelm, Alexandria will be taking off for Havensky shortly. The cargo has been loaded. We will be there in a week." Godsend General Jane Romanov sat at in the captain's chair, her right leg crossed over her left knee. She wore her traditional armored boots, and a loose dark gray outfit of armored pants and blouse. Her crimson red hair cascaded down in big curls, resting upon her shoulders. On her lap rested a general's cap with the emblem of the 'Godsend' on it. The underground facility was a bustle of activity. Thousands of soldiers rushed around the facility stocking up the airship. Organized chaos.

"Understood, Jane. Keep him safe." Wilhelm replied. He shut off the communicator and looked up to the suit of armor Glitch worked tirelessly to make. There were still half a dozen technicians tweaking the armor, adding in the electronic enhancements and fine-tuning the equipment. He turned to Glitch, "I hope it works."

"If your schematics are accurate, it should. We will have to run Tristan through a set of evaluations to adjust the armor for maximum effectiveness." She turned to him. "I noticed there was also plans for an artificial intelligence module. Do you plan on using Colossus?"

"No," He answered shortly. Her confused expression narrowed in on him. He sighed and pulled out a small data cube. "It was to be a surprise. This cube contains Dephire's most powerful, and most advanced A.I. ever conceived. She is also the first A.I. we ever created."

"She?" Glitch sounded surprised, but was still drained over the many days it has taken to create the work of art before them.

"The artificial intelligence prefers to be called a she." Wilhelm replied.

"Do not tell me you brought her here!" Colossus whined through Wilhelm's speakers.

"She is the best defense for Tristan. No offense, Colossus, but you are much slower to process combat situations than she is!"

Glitch felt like Wilhelm was just beating around the bush, as if trying to bring in unnecessary suspense. "What the hell is she?"

"The Leviathan. She is highly adaptive and once could control our entire military by herself. Leviathan ruled Dephire's skies, and was integrated into the first and only Leviathan-class Orbital Space Weapons Platform." Wilhelm explained.

"She was twice my size. Took the Dephirians the better of two decades just to build." Colossus explained further through the speakers. "Her reign of the skies was ended abruptly with the command from Jonathan Vega for her to crash into Hell's Gate."

"Okay, so you have a super computer in that cube. Thank you for the overly drawn out explanation. I am going to go to bed. Please do not touch anything... If I catch Darius trying to put that suit on again, I will remove his hands!" Lady Raven yawned and rushed away.

-=-=--==--=-=-

"Ma'am, the airship is ready for liftoff." A female officer reported to Jane.

"About damn time. Make launch preparations!"

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Skyan Airspace
On Approach to Citadel City
Havensky

The Dephirian airship arrived just before dawn.

Howdy Alexandria!, this is Skyan Air Control... we acknowledge your transmission and have you on our screens. Permission is hereby granted to enter Skyan Airspace! Please be advised, Havensky Republican Airships Texas Defender, Gothic Knight, People's Champion, Tyrant's Bane and their fighter squadrons will meet you at the border to escort you in. Please have your escorts take direction from Citadel Base Tower. Welcome to Havensky!

No sooner had the Alexandria received the transmission, than dozens of fighter aircraft appeared within visual range. General Jane Romanov peered out the window to get a better look. Dozens of crew members also started to head towards windows as the first fighters began to pass.

Gold Squadron got to the Alexandria first, with thirteen Accipiter-class fighters rolling to it's side so that the top of their cockpits faced towards the Dephiran airship as it passed. The flying winged shaped aircraft was painted in silver with gold emblazoned on each wingtip and it's nose.

Jane peered out the window more closely at the aircraft as they passed her window single file.

Wilhem was right... those crazy Skyan pilots do salute from the cockpit, even at these speeds., Jane muttered as Gold Squadron returned to an upright position. Each aircraft performed a quick loop to turn around and zoom past the Dephirian escorts. They settled into a formation matching the Dephirian fighter escort 'wiggling' their wings as if to say hello to their counterparts.

Gold Squadron was then followed by Red, Blue, Green, Black, Purple, Silver, and Orange Squadrons each following the same procedure. Once each Skyan escort was in place, the Alexandria passed through the four massive airship carriers. Each airship looked like it was three swords with a broad wing connecting the pieces. They each flew the flags of the Airship Armada, the Skyan Legion, and the Skybound Republic. Smaller dagger shaped missile cruiser airships were scattered throughout the formation as well with each Captain flashing their lights in salute as the Alexandria passed in the early morning light.

Look down! There it is!, shouted somebody on the airship.

The airship was just now coming into view of Citadel City. The Skyan fighter escort brought them further down as they made their initial approach. From the windows of the airship, the crew could see the towers of Citadel University with her lights still on. In the early morning light, hundreds of cranes could be seen starting to move as workers continued to build the new city. Those with very good eyesight would see the rows of large three dimensional printers fire up to build parts of the new buildings. The skyline of the city was still slightly eerie in dawn's light as the sunlight reflected off the shells of half constructed buildings. Even in the early morning, the city's skyline was dotted with airships coming in and out of the trade center. Along the edge of the island city, workers were continuing to build up the seawall which now stood at two stories tall.

Alexandria, this is Gold Leader... I'll escort you down to Citadel Dock One-One-Zero where the Citadel Actual is waiting to welcome you.
Last edited by Havensky on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dephire
Envoy

The Arrival of the Frail King

Postby Dephire » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 am

This was their first true encounter with one another on such a magnificent scale. Once reaching Havensky's airspace, the nearly one thousand Dephirian escort fighters peeled away, allowing the multiple squadrons of Havensky to take over escort duty. The Dephirian fighters flew back to the two Pillars, of the East and of the North, which were protected by their own naval fleets. The Dephirians could tell from the chatter over the communication lines that the Skyans were in a cheerful and excited mood. It was understood that most had not even encountered a Dephirian before, let alone an Emperor of said nation. They must have heard whispers of such a nation, but just like the Boogeyman, nothing would hold merit unless seen in person. The Alexandria was of similar build to the Havensky's massive medical airships that had dotted the Godsend Empire's skies just months ago, but with a little Dephirian Gothic flare. It was more bulky, and much more ugly in comparison, but the Skyan consultants admitted that it was not a bad attempt at capturing the concept of an airship.

The Alexandria's change of escort finished final changes once deep within Skyan territory. Jane Romanov felt vulnerable without her veteran Dephirian Air Fleet protecting her airship, but she kept her nerves in check They followed the escorts to the designated landing zone. Much of the crew aboard the airship had never ventured outside of the sub-region of Southeastern Gholgoth. They were glued to the dozens of windows, taking in the beauty of the city. Citadel City was far brighter than any city the Dephirians had seen, even Jane was impressed to a large degree.

"Damn, this makes Sarajevo look like a slum in comparison!" Jane commented to herself in a hushed tone. She stood towards the front of the bridge, looking out of the massive observation window. The airship banked gingerly to the left to avoid a building. She saw the destination, a large makeshift airstrip surrounded by thousands of people. Jane casually walked back to her captain's chair, "Attention all crew and passengers. We will be landing in five minutes. Please make yourselves presentable for our hosts."

The inside of the Alexandria immediately became a bustling bee hive with activity as the one hundred chosen Dephirians rushed to finish their last minute preparations. A brief feeling of disorientation took over as the airship made a sharp descent She landed with a loud mechanical click as the hydraulic landing gear took on the full weight of the airship.

Jane let out a sigh of relief, "Inaugural flight complete. Let us go out and meet our hosts! Departure formations everyone!"

Outside, the Skyans saw a large door opened, with a ramp extending down at a slow angle. As the ramp extended out, Godsend Generals Wilhelm and Darius were walking up a carpeted pathway up towards the edge of the ramp. Lady Raven and King Lucas Ironwing were a few steps behind. As the ramp touched down, twenty Godsend Knights, Dephire's elite caste of soldiers, walked down the ramp, then took places on either side of the walkway. Jane, with her deep blood red hair, followed close behind.

"Jane, how nice to see you!" Darius yelled out.

Jane rolled her eyes, "He is still alive?"

"Trust me," Glitch's tone was smart, "I nearly killed him myself if it were not for Wilhelm's interference."

Jane was shocked by Glitch's response, but smiled and laughed with the comment. "Oh, I like you! The name is Jane Romanov, Godsend General of the Aerial Armada. It is a pleasure meeting you!"

"Pleasure meeting you as well, Jane. You must be the one keeping these men in line." Glitch returned the smile, stealing a glance to Darius to witness his predictable reaction. She was not disappointed.

"More than I care to. I am too old to be a babysitter." Jane continued to smile, then turned to the ramp as the Imperial Guard to the Emperor began their descent.

Wilhelm edged up to Jane, "How is he doing?" He whispered.

"Not well... The trip was taxing on his respiration." Jane replied after a long silence. She tried to hide the tears that were about to betray her solid composure.

The next sight forced her to look away, a small tear escaped her eye and slid down her soft cheek. A thin man seated on a cushioned wheel chair appeared in the doorway. An oxygen mask was on his face, his hair was silvery white and appeared to be falling out. Behind the man, a sullen-faced Minera Volthe stood. She held the handles of the wheel chair, of which she was slowly pushing down the ramp. Another twenty Godsend Knights followed her.

"Who is the old geezer?" Darius asked. The next thing to happen could only be best described as an act of superhuman speed as Jane whipped around to grab Darius by the cranium and slam it hard against the walkway, dazing the young Godsend.

"You will show respect for your Emperor!" Jane scolded through seething teeth, her face red with rage.

"Wow, Jane, your face nearly matches the color of your hair," A weak voice spoke behind her.

Jane immediately stood up, dusting herself off, "Oh, Tristan! My apologies!" She angled her head just enough for her hair to hide her embarrassed expression.

"Not to worry, Jane!" Tristan looked to Darius, "Will you live?"

"Yes, sir!" Darius' reply was weak, "Just going to rest here for a bit... I mean I am going to analyze the ground to determine the makeup of this stone..."

"Well, okay then... I suppose I will leave you to attend that... Study?" Tristan turned his attention to King Ironwing, "Good morning! I hope my friends were not too bothersome."

"Not at all, Tristan. Welcome to Citadel City! I hope your flight was comfortable." Ironwing spoke with as much cheer as he could muster. Even with his experience, the man before him did not settle well with him.

"Thankfully I was asleep through most of the flight." He attempted to laugh, but ended up coughing. Noticing the concerned advances of his Godsends, he rose a hand, "I am fine..."

"You are not fine!" Minera scolded Tristan, harshly. "We should have waited until you were well."

"One does not deny an invitation from a King, especially if that King just so happens to be one of Dephire's allies." Tristan replied.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Ironwing's cheerful demeanor soured. Before the last war which had thrust the title of King and Gothic Lord unto him, Ironwing had simply been an instructor at the Havensky Military Academy training students on the use of power armor. As his position as King held no real power, Ironwing had continued training students. He had been looking forward to training Tristian, but was expecting him to have been in better shape.

Ironwing was already wearing the power armor he used for training. It was a plain grey power armor suit with nicks and scrapes throughout the armor.

Tristian, you forget that I was blown half to hell during my first tour of Gholgoth. If anyone would understand a few months delay, it would be me.

Tristian shrugged, Wilhelm believes that this new Skyan power armor will help me recover. He seems to have grown quite fond of it since his mission with you.

Did he also tell you he lost twenty pounds when he was learning how to use it?
, Ironwing asked growing increasingly agitated. If you lose twenty pounds you'll disappear!

Tristan shot back defiantly, I understand your concerns, but really I'm fine.

Ironwing gave him a suspicious look, Well, if you say so... but they are rolling you in here. Used incorrectly, each power armor has the ability to rip the arm right off of you. This armor doesn't care that you're the Emperor. It can kill you if you're not careful. We train our students to be in their best physical condition before even trying on a suit. You can barely walk!

I'll be careful, but I need to do something to get my strength back up. Resting does nothing for me. I'm eating well. My medical staff can't figure it out. I need to do something, and Wilhelm's the first one to come up with a reasonable solution. Although, to be honest, I'm not sure I will require the same training regimen - operating a suit.

You forget, before I became a King, I was just a professor at the Military Academy. I've been training students on power armor since it's invention. I've seen more kids hurt trying to overdo it or getting too cocky. It's not the most natural thing in the world.

I'll be careful. I promise you. How is royal life treating you anyway?

Ironwing grunted, It's weird. I have no actual governing power. Traditionally, the Skyan Royals take no part in political debates. I pretty much continue the same role I always have. Jessica is still Secretary of State for the Skybound Republic and so she's on the road a lot. My son tried to push his new 'prince title' about to get his way at school. I tore him a new one. I forbade both my kids from using any title until he came of age.

That's rather harsh - can you even do that?

No idea, I'm new to this. But that last thing I want is for them to grow up with some sense of entitlement rather than understanding that they have to earn their own way.

Ironwing stopped. They had reached the end of the corridor of the base. Construction crews were still working on parts of the military base adding metallic walls and steel reinforcement to the concrete. Temporary lighting had hung from hooks embedded in the concrete ceiling. Even with all the construction, Ironwing looked very much at home on base. A large sign was drilled on the side of a large door that read 'Training Room."

Emperor, I will make a bet with you. I want you to try on the armor, then try to hit me. If you can land a single blow on me then I will apologize for insisting on a long training regimen - and let you leave with the armor without another word. I will give you one hour. If you can not, then you'll accept my training regimen - even if that means waiting a few weeks until you are strong enough to handle the armor. Do we have a deal?

Tristan thought for a moment then reached out his hand to meet Ironwing's

I accept your challenge.

Ironwing bowed slightly, Good, Glitch's team will get you fitted in the armor. Clock starts when you walk out into the room.

As Tristan was rolled into the locker room to try the armor on for the first time, Ironwing held up a hand.

Lady Raven, Sir Wilhelm... a word if you will.

The pair stopped and approached Ironwing. Ironwing reached up to remove the small thin crown on his head placing it on a workbench nearby. He then reached out and started to take the rank insignia off his lapels.

Oh shit..., muttered Glitch under her breath. Wilhelm looked over nervously. Wilhelm could tell that Glitch knew something bad was coming down when Ironwing removed all signs of rank.

Ironwing's voice turned deadly serious.

I am going to say this once. I am not amused by this recent course of action. I don't care that you two are the brightest minds in Gholgoth. To put the Emperor of Delphire through this training in his condition is irresponsible and il-

Wilhelm interrupted, Your majesty, this suit will hel-

SILENCE!, Ironwing shouted. I don't give a flying frak what your modified suit will do. If anything happens to the Emperor due to this training it'll be on your head! You better pray to whatever gods you like that he doesn't overdo it - and that if he does the auto-balancers catch it if he does! This is a dangerous gambit. You will stand by the console and monitor him at all times. If at any moment that he looks like he will injure himself you WILL initiate the auto stop sequence. Is that understood!?
Last edited by Havensky on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Tristian's armor was larger than the average Skyan armor. Embedded into the suit were various medical devices and sensors. It was also painted similar to Wilhelm's armor in that it had the color's of the Delphiran Emprie rather than the normal urban blue-grey camoflage. A large red cloak rested behind the armor with the Delphirian seal in black.

Glitch entered the room and went to the suit. She lifted a small flap in the armor's neck and pressed a key. The arms, legs and torso of the suit opened up to allow Tristan to step back into the suit.

Your majesty, if you will step in this way.

Tristan, with the help of Minera, got up out of his chair and into the armor. As soon as he had backed into it, the suit closed around him. Glitch lifted a crimson helmet and placed it over his head. The helmet was a little like a hockey goalie's mask. It was oversized with large thick curved plexiglass covering Tristan's face. The bottom of his mask covered his neck contained speakers so when he spoke his voice carried much louder than his normal tone. Tristian blinked and noticed a stream of information moving across the plexiglass screen.

Glitch checked the suit, Don't worry - once it's finished booting the screen will clear.

A few moments passed and then Tristan read the words READY across his screen.

Glitch spoke to him again standing straight out in front of him.

OK, walk towards me one step at a time. You may feel a slight disorientation as the suit learns how you walk.

Tristian took a few small steps. After which he flexed his right arm.

This is amazing... so much...strength.., Tristan remarked..

Glitch motioned to a 20 pound weight.

Ok, I want you to pick this up with your right hand.

Tristan reached over and picked up the weight as if it were a feather.

Incredible... I feel none of the weight at all.

Don't thank us yet. Keep holding it until you feel something akin to picking up a rock.
, remakred Glitch as she tinkered with the console.

Ok... now I feel it. Why is that important?

If you can't feel what you're doing - you'll have no idea how to control the suit. When you pick something up - your hands feel it and send it to your brain. The armor isn't hardwired to your brain. We have to calibrate it so you can feel it when you pick up a sword or rifle or another solider. Most of the training is mental - not physical. It's training your brain to understand that it has additional strength, but at the same time ignoring the armor.
, Glitch explained.

Ignore the armor?, asked Tristan.

Yes, the sooner you train your brain to ignore the armor - the better. Your biggest mistake will be to overthink it or worse - try and *use* the armor's extra power.

Why wouldn't I use it?

Because Ironwing is going to kick your ass... erm....your highness.
, Gltich added.

You should have a little faith.

Glitch shook her head, It's Ironwing... also I should warn you. In addition to being a hardass, Ironwing can be a bit of an asshole in the training room. Try not to let him get under your skin.

Tristan stepped out into the training room where Ironwing was waiting with only his armor and an iron staff.

Where's your shield?, asked Tristan. What happens if I hit you?

Ironwing gave a small smirk.

You won't hit me.

Tristan narrowed his eyes and started to run towards Ironwing, but the suit started to slip out of his control and he started to slip.

Slow down.... you have to walk before you run.., muttered Ironwing.

Tristan gave a frustrated look drawing the sword from it's holster. He marched towards Ironwing as he looked at the sword.

What kind of sword is this? It's...kinda short isn't it?

Ironwing laughed, It's a tanto blade designed to stab through bulletproof vests. You have 200 pounds of force with that suit. All these huge oversized swords seem to be just... compensating for something.

Tristan grimaced at the joke reaching his arm out to thrust the sword at Ironwing. However, he pushed the suit too far and the hand of the armor reached out beyond his control. Ironwing simply moved the staff in a counter-clock wise motion and hit the side of Tristan's arm. The arm flew out sidewise and the weight of the armor caused Tristan to spin and land on the ground with a thud.

Have you ever played baseball? , asked Ironwing. It's where one person throws a ball and somebody hits it with a stick. The ball goes flying.

Ironwing reached out and grabbed Tristan's fist shaking it.

THIS is not a ball. You don't throw it. Otherwise *CRACK*, Ironwing threw the arm to the ground with enough force to dent the hardwood floor. I'm gonna hit you right out of the ballpark.

Tristan rolled onto his back and attempted to get up, but struggled as his abs worked to move the weight of the armor.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. No robotics to help the ab muscles. That you're going to have to do on your own. By the time I get done with you - your wife is gonna have a nice six-pack to stare at instead of the 98 pound weakling I'm looking at now.

HEY! Don't talk about my wife like that!/, Tristan yelled as he moved to try and get up.

Ironwing smiled, Then hit me!

Finally, Tristan got up and charged at Ironwing.

Ironwing sidestepped placing his staff on the ground. Tristan had put too much force behind the sprint and was moving faster than he had anticipated. Tristan realized what was happening, but tripped over the staff anyway landing on his face.

Didn't Glitch tell you to ignore the armor? She was right. You've grown so weak you've forgotten your own strength. You're trying to use the armor to make up for it. Well guess what? It doesn't work that way pup!

Tristan got up again, Stop patronizing me!

Ironwing laughed, Stop fooling around and hit me!

And it went on like this for the next hour without a single blow landed on Ironwing.

Glitch and Wilhelm watched by the console with Wilhelm grimacing every time his Emperor fell.

Glitch frowned, He keeps reaching for something. Every time that Ironwing trips him, he gets frustrated... and he.. he reaches for something that isn't there.

Wilhelm shook his head, It's God's Bane... he hasn't fully parted with it.

Glitch shook her head. She turned around and left the room without saying a word.
Last edited by Havensky on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Wilhelm watched as she left, then returned his attention back to his Emperor, whom was kneeling at a distance trying to catch his breath. Perhaps there is something she notices that I have not. He looked over the vitals coming in from the suit. Tristan's heart rate was nearing the danger zone, with his breathing rate also heightened. This is the most trouble I have seen Tristan having when it comes to a simple melee combat scenario. Had he been in perfect health, Tristan would be all over Ironwing. He did defeat all challengers to his throne after all. He pushed a button, "Vitals for Tristan indicate it is time for a recess. Is this acceptable?"

Tristan rose his hand to Wilhelm's booth, "No!" He stood up, staggering as he shifted his weight. He picked up the small weapon and stood up straight. "Even if I do lose this bet of yours, the training you provide me will be invaluable. I truly appreciate what you-" Tristan blacked out. His entire body fell forward, landing face down onto the floor, and cracking it slightly.

Ironwing did not look any bit concerned, "I told you he was not ready, Wilhelm. Your Emperor pushes himself too much, too fast."

Wilhelm walked casually out onto the training floor, he looked towards Tristan's unconscious body, but turned his attention back to Lucas. "Had you seen him before all of this mess and heard of his rise, you would understand why he pushes himself beyond his limits." He kicked the unconscious Emperor lightly with the toe of his boot. "He nearly killed himself to free us all."

"I am not questioning his determination, nor his commitment to justice. I commend him for it, Wilhelm. I call into question a lack of judgment and unnecessary actions." Ironwing motioned for the medical team to proceed with getting Tristan out of his armor. "Is he always this rash?"

"He tends to grow on you. Before he was imprisoned in Hell's Gate, that boy was one of the most lively people you could ever know. Then, of course, with the mass exile of his Order, persecution of his people, murder of his father, and so on. He has changed." Wilhelm rubbed a scar on his neck.

Ironwing had not seen the scar before, "What happened there?"

"I pushed him too far. Mostly my fault really. You see, with the Godsend Code being reenacted, the Godsend Emperor must defeat each Godsend General in a duel. It is a bit old fashion, but tradition is a key value in our society. No one can go easy on the other. Deaths have occurred before. Tristan showed each of us mercy. I was lucky that he did." Wilhelm watched as Tristan was placed on a hospital bed and rolled away, and let out a small chuckle. "Dumb kid is going to get himself killed, but not anytime soon." He patted Ironwing on the shoulder. "Let's get some food. I do not think he will be waking up any time soon."

"He better wake up soon. A wager is a wager." Ironwing let out a small smile. "And I intend to collect."

Tristan woke up with a start, eyes frantically looking about his room. Where am I? He sat up to collect himself. It was dark outside. Have I really lost a whole day?{/i]

"You seem confused, Tristan." He then saw her standing with back against the wall, head down and a foot against the wall. "You passed out after being an idiot."

"Good evening, Minera. Did you have fun being shown around the city with Darius?" Tristan smirked.

"No, I did not enjoy babysitting that annoying pest when all I could think of is how much punishment that Skyan was dealing you. It was a bit unbearable with you in your condition." Minera stepped into the light. Tristan had not noticed until now that she was wearing just a night gown, making him feel uncomfortable. "In any sense, your 'training' begins again in the morning. Get some sleep and remember to take your vitamins, got it?" She leaned in and kissed his forehead. "Do not kill yourself."

Tristan looked down, "I need to be stronger."

"You are already strong. You need to stay alive." She started to walk towards the door. "For Tynsei, your childrend..." She reached the door, opening it slowly before turning around, "...and for me." She exited the room, closing and locking the door behind her.

[i]Well, that wasn't awkward...
Tristan lay his head down on the pillow and fell asleep.

"Now, Tristan, do not pass out on me again. If you want to pass my training regimen, then you will give me your all!" Ironwing awaited an expected charge from Tristan.

Instead, Tristan stood his ground. He took into account his experiences from the day before. He focused in his thoughts and reached his hand towards his back. The suit felt like a second skin to him, this is what he focused on. Then, once he had accustomed his body and mind into thinking the suit as a second skin, he forced himself to forget all about it. His hand clenched, but only grasped at air. Tristan's eyes opened as the sudden realization that he just motioned trying to grasp the hilt of God's Bane. His muscle memory was betraying him. Tristan looked around as he made his embarrassing gestured. The eyes of the room were on him. Judging.

"Tristan, I am your target! Attack!" Lucas shouted from across the room, pacing back and forth impatiently.

Tristan shook the thoughts from his head and poised himself to strike, but his head was rushing with thoughts. He was starting to feel nauseous.

CRACK! Ironwing smacked Tristan on the side with his staff. "I said, STRIKE!" Another swift strike with the staff followed soon after.

Tristan jumped backward before a third strike could land. His mind was now clear. He was in danger. I need your power... He clinched the small blade and charged at Ironwing with strong ferocity, but he still overestimated his strength and Ironwing was able to deflect his charge, redirecting Tristan's body into the wall.

"I said before, slow down. Your body in its weakened state is not yet accustomed to the weight and power of the suit. For one who's entire life is tailored around the sword, I truly question your finesse." Ironwing mocked the young man, trying to entice him.

I need your strength... Tristan walked towards Ironwing and tried to slash at him, trying to test his reach and speed. Ironwing deflect easily.

"You are not already giving up, are you?" Ironwing struck out, but this time Tristan was able to dodge just in time. "Ah, good. Do not get used to it!" He spun and drove the staff into Tristan's abdomen, sending him flying back.

Tristan was getting frustrated and instinctively attempted to grab at God's Bane, but once again only grasped at air.

No... Tristan, what are you doing? Wilhelm frowned as he watched his Emperor's bout with Ironwing. Do not do it. You have progressed so far!

Tristan and Ironwing clashed for another two hours. Despite Tristan's improvements, Ironwing was always besting him. He was beyond frustration, almost anger. No, Tristan was enraged. He stood straight and extended his right arm to his side. "Serizül, I need your power."

Damn it, Tristan! Wilhelm smashed through the window, charging at his emperor.

"I need your strength."

Tristan did not see his General appear in front of him, twisting around before him.

"I need your bla-" Wilhelm had spun around to perform a roundhouse kick, landing his heavily armored boot square into Tristan's chest. Tristan flew into the far side wall, creating an impression into the wall.

"We are done!" Wilhelm looked upon the limp body of Tristan with sheer disgust. "I am sorry for wasting your time, Lord Ironwing." He turned towards the door and walked towards the exit.

Tristan came too, still in the suit and in the hole in the wall. He sat with his knees raised in the air. His helmet was in his hands, head covered in sweat. Tristan could not clear his mind of what he just attempted to do. He stood up and walked to Ironwing. "Let us continue."

"No. We are done for the day. Go eat, take your vitamins. I expect you to do your muscle training and then go to bed. Take tomorrow as a rest day." Ironwing's disappointment was not hidden.

"Ironwing, I am-"

"Save your breath. Do as I ordered." Ironwing walked away, following Wilhelm.

Tristan eventually made it back to his designated room. His suit was stripped from him and locked up. There was now Godsend Knights posted outside his door. Tristan sat at a small desk, head resting against a fist.

[i]Knock! Knock!]

His head turns to the door, "Come in."

The door quickly opened and closed, with Minera entering the room. He could tell she was trembling with rage, and her face was flushed red. She promptly walked up to him as he stood up and slapped him hard across his cheek. "How could you?!" She screamed at him. "After all of the sacrifices we have done for you, you would go and try summoning that thing? You... I am so angry with you that it makes me sick! Your father would be disappointed in you. In fact, you have let us all down with that shit you pulled!" She punched Tristan in the chest. "How dare you!"

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Dirige, Domine, Deus meus, in conspectu tuo viam meam

Postby Havensky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Glitch Labs
Epiphany's Forge
Citadel City, Havensky

- - Some Time Later - -

The fires of the forge burned hot as one of the most storied Godsend Generals of Delphire descended down the stairwell into the forge. Even from the four stories up, Wilhelm noticed the drastic increase in temperature. Even the intense heat couldn't dampen his spirits after a personal invite from Lady Regina "Glitch" Raven.

She had told him to dress lightly, but he hadn't listened instead opting for his dress uniform. He wanted to dress to impress, but as he went down another floor he quickly regretted the decision.

Two large metallic double doors awaited him down the stairwell. A large steel refrigerator labeled "Water" was next to the door, which Wilhelm gladly took advantage of. He gulped down an entire bottle before opening the doors.

Wilhelm gasped as he walked in. The heat was intense. He had stepped out onto a large balcony overlooking an intense forge. The center of the room had a solid circle of metal. In the center, a large oven glowed deep red. Several men stood around with large hammers banging a red hot piece of metal.

Too proud to wear shorts I see...

Wilhelm turned around, Glitch... I.. I..

Glitch shook her head. She, along with the rest of her staff, were wearing gym clothes. Many of the men down at the forge had opted to forgo wearing shirts at all. Glitch's normally impossibly curly hair was packed away in a tight ponytail.

I told you to dress lightly... Be sure to drink water... you'll die of heat exhaustion in that penguin suit.

Wilhelm looked a little hurt, What.. what is this place?

Epiphany's Forge - it's where I make all my custom equipment. Ironwing's new armor is from here as well as your Emperor's. The metal alloy I'm using for this project has a seriously high melting point. This is the only place where I could get an oven hot enough.

Wilhelm's scientific mind raced and he leaned over the balcony to see what this latest project was. His heart dropped and his jaw shot open.

Is that... God's Bane?!?!, gasped Wilhelm.

No. It is it's antithesis. I don't pretend to understand why the Emperor is so attached to that damned blade nor do I understand why it's destruction affected him so. That said, he keeps reaching for it. You've noticed it too. He reaches for it even when it's not there. It's more than just muscle memory isn't it? He needs something to replace it. Something that's not going to have the same power over him.

But it looks just like it!

And it will feel just like it too! The same weight. The same balance. The same shape. It will feel familiar in his hands. I doubt his body will even know the difference.

Wilhelm was speechless.

But, do you understand what God's Bane was?, he asked.

Ironwing told me enough for me to call for some additional help. You are here to bear witness. Look out again. Not all those men down there are blacksmiths. I've summoned holy men from the church of every worker I have who has so much as touched the blade. They've blessed their work and prayed the blade never be handled in anger. I don't really think I believe this... demon talk, but I'll have none of it in my shop. This blade will be the closest thing to a holy blade that we can produce.

Wilhelm looked at her quizzingly, I thought you weren't a believer?

Glitch shrugged, Doesn't matter what I believe. This blade will belong to the Godsend Emperor Tristan Skragg and I will take it to every damn preacher man and shaman if I have to if that's what it takes to be rid of this... influence over him.

Wilhelm watched for a moment as the men closest to the forge pounded at the blade... the tallest one held up a hand... he carefully inspected the blade. He then gave Glitch a thumbs up.

Glitch returned the gesture.

Come on up Wilhelm, it will be awhile before the blade is ready for the next step.

On the third day, Wilhelm was summoned back to the Forge. When he arrived in Glitch's lab the sword was resting on a solid metal table.

I can't believe it.

The blade was identical to God's Bane expect for a three distinguishing features.

The first, was that the blade was black as night. As Wilhelm inspected it further, he could see the smallest of writing engraved on the blade. From a distance, it looked windswept. However, upon looking closer the blade had names engraved on every inch.

The names of the dead., said a voice.

Glitch motioned towards the blade. She was wearing her power armor without the helmet and looking very serious.

Every Dephirian killed in the last conflict has their name on this sword. This blade is named the Dirge of Dephire and is a reminder of the cost of war.

Glitch picked up the blade with her right hand. As she did, the small tiny names lit up bright blue as electric sparks coursed through the blade. From a certain angle, it almost looked like she commanded a lighting storm in her hand.

This blade is very sharp. Anything the blade touches will be cut, but it has a different kind power running through it... A tap on the blunt side will deliver enough electric current to render foes incapacitated. This blade gives the user a choice. Do you understand?
Last edited by Havensky on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Wilhelm eyed the sword with amazement. From a primitive standpoint, the sword would function like any other. Once Glitch picked it up and the two million names, though tiny, lit up, his eyes widened in wonder. "Your blacksmith is one of the finest I have ever seen, Lady Raven. Tristan would be very happy to know such fine craftsmanship and attention to detail went into such a magnificent sword. Though, I almost have a feeling he may only use it for appearances due to how gorgeous it is. Such an artifact of beauty..."

"I did not commission this sword to be nothing more than a mantle piece for small talks and conversations alike. This is to be his instrument of battle, should it ever come to it. From the few times that I have been able to truly observe your Emperor, I can tell that he is a warrior at heart. He has yet to grasp a political role. I am certain he is one of the few remaining leaders of this world that would rather lead his troops into battle, and not give commands from afar. His prototype suit and this Dirge of Dephire will only be supplements to the skills he already has." Glitch laid the sword into a special case, closing a glass lid and locking it. "As you already know, I read into his past. Completed a thorough background check on him. Even looked into the history of his family line. His father turned out to be an interesting subject. He, Renuvian, betrayed Dephire and turned it over to the Reich. Then, what seemed an act of pure randomness, turned around and sided with Gholgoth and kicked out the Reich. None of this altered Tristan's absolute dedication to his people, and presented a kindness and willing to help anyone who needed it. He even sent the armies of the Order upon Milograd's shores in order to oust the Reich's hold. The data I collected after the first Milograd conflict was disturbing, and I say this not as a scientist, but as a citizen of humanity. Whatever happened to him while imprisoned in Hell's Gate has permanently scarred his personality and mind. Now, I do not believe in superstitions, nor the paranormal, but that young man has seen demons."

Wilhelm stood at the other end of the case, still examining the blade closely. Each name was very small in size, but his ocular enhancements allowed him to make out several of the names. "Demons and Angels. That first Gholgoth Civil War was full of both. A few Lords died during the war. Many more were scarred and are still suffering. The War of the Black King was devastating to us all. You think the cracking of Milograd was bad." Wilhelm shook his head. "When Dephire fights itself, there are no winners. Leadership changes, but the scars remain. The center of Dephire is a vast wasteland from one of the prior Civil Wars. Tristan is the one man we have been praying to lead us for decades. The first of his kind to not wish for war, unless absolutely necessary."

"Necessary... King Ironwing made mention of your buildup and intentions to invade Varathron. Is that 'necessary'?" Glitch's tone was bitter. She had pushed the topic to the back of her head, nearly forgetting about Dephire's impending invasion.

"For the time being, I believe my Emperor has other things to worry about. I-" Wilhelm looked away, eyes concentrating on something.

"Wilhelm, Queen Ironwing has requested all Gothic Lords to attend a conference. Vetalia is the subject." Colossus spoke to Wilhelm through the Sigil connection.

"Tristan is not ready to travel! Can we stall the conference?" Wilhelm spoke just above a whisper, allowing Glitch to overhear.

"No, the summons comes with Priority One status."

"Damn it all. Mi'lady, do you believe we can have Tristan travel?" Wilhelm looked up to Lady Raven.

"It is not my call." Glitch responded.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Training Room

Good! Keep at me! Strike harder! Don't let up!

Tristan swung the sword at Ironwing again and again. At this point in time, Tristan wasn't even trying to strike Ironwing. After weeks of barely being able to pick up the sword without tripping, it felt good to be able to hit something. Even if that something was the blunt end of Ironwing's sword.

Come on! You're not even trying! Try to hit me! We're not playing patty cake!

Tristan shouted and attempted to hit Ironwing. This time, he resisted the urge to use the armor's power and restricted himself. Still, it didn't feel natural. And it showed, as Ironwing hit his sword at an odd angle and Tristan's sword went flying. Instinctively, Tristan went to God's Bane... only to find it missing. He cried out in frustration.

Come on now..., said Ironwing cheerfully. You're doing much better. Really, you are. Ironwing put away his sword and took a seat on the hardwood floor. He pulled his helmet off and pulled out his water canteen taking a big gulp.

Sit... drink!, ordered Ironwing.

Tristan sulked and sat down next to Ironwing taking out his own canteen and drinking heavily.

beep-beep-beep... beep-beep-beep

Tristan cocked his head. What's the noise?

Ironwing shook his head, Don't know... its coming from your armor not mine... hold on.. I hear it now.

Ironwing spoke with a neutral tone, Athena, pipe it through the speakers - whatever it is - we're both authorized.

Gothic Lord Tristan, Gothic Lord Ironwing...

Ironwing frowned, If they're using the Gothic Lord title it can't be good... what's she done now?

Gothic Lord Jessica Ironwing of the Skybound Republic of Havensky has Summoned the Gothic Lords to Citadel City in regards to the matter of the Kraven incursion of Vetalia.

Ironwing's hand went to his head. I knew it.... I KNEW IT!

Tristan looked confused for a moment.

Every. Single. Time.. For ONCE, I'd like her to just go - do the talky-talk thing - and come back home.. WITHOUT getting involved in an INTERNATIONAL CRISIS!

Tristan looked over, But, Queen Heart is a great diplomat... her words carry even more weight as a Gothic Lord.. She'll be a powerful voice for justice..

Yes, she's very good at her job. Let's have her give Tynsei lessons and she can join her.

Hey!

Ironwing waved his hand.

Forgive me. I always knew this was possibility. The good news is she'll be home for this at least. I don't mean to sound unsupportive, I just worry every time she goes toe to toe with some brutish nation. What I get for marrying a bad ass. Come on, I think we're done for the day.

Ironwing got up and offered a hand to Tristan.

So, I've been meaning to ask you. How do you handle... erm... nevermind.

You're subordinate giving you some unwanted attention?

What?! How did you know? Have you been spying on me!?

No, not on you. But when somebody walks through the halls in a nightgown late at night, it does tend to draw attention. And certain more zealous members of the staff tend to have an eye for scandal.

Tristan frowned, We've been friends for a very long time...I'm... not sure what her infatuation is. Certainly you'd encountered some situation like this?

Ironwing shrugged, You're young, you're powerful - and I imagine you're quite rich.. and not bad looking. Not surprising. You just have to smile, say no, and move on. Moving her into another office if need be.

Is that what you did?

Ironwing raised an eyebrow, Oh... not me.. her... That's all Jessica right there.

But, you're a hero in your country?

You have to remember, what I did in Norska was kept a secret until I left the service. It was quite the scandal when I proposed. Me? An enlisted man proposing marriage to Lady Heart? Nobody believed it. She had more suitors than I could keep back with a stick. Eventually, the King himself stepped in to knight me and set the record straight. Even today, she still gets the occasional proposition.

Tristan shook his head, I don't know if I would have the patience.

Oh, I didn't. Sergeant First Class Striker knocked me on my butt at one point so that I didn't do something rash. Go on, call your wife. She probably is worried about you. Invite her over if you'd like

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:28 am

Tristan, still standing next to Lucas, "I will have to call her in a week." He took another sip from his refreshment

"Yet another week of not talking to your wife? Did you two have a fight before leaving?" Ironwing sounded concerned for his fellow Goth.

"No," Tristan chuckled, "She was worried about distracting me from getting better. We agreed that I would call her next week. I have been worrying about her and the twins, but given how tough that woman is, I do not have much to worry about. She returned to the Temple, so at least she will be safe from harm. As you may recall, that structure is basically a fortress sheltered within thick stone confines of a mountain. She's guarded by the Godsend Knights and Imperial Guard. I have full confidence that she's safe and sound. Hell, probably doing target practice or some other training. As for politics, she is just like me. We are new to this type of role. Both of us have heavy military backgrounds, her more than me. She commanded the entire Templar Navy and even held territory in the mountains. All I have ever done in my life was become a Templar General." He took another sip of his beverage, noticing Wilhelm at the corner of his vision. "Good afternoon, Dimitri."

"Good morning, Tristan. You are looking very well. Has Lucas dialed back on his training?" He chuckled.

"Actually, your young emperor over," Ironwing grasped Tristan by the shoulder, "Has improved significantly over the past few weeks. I have not felt this much enjoyment training anyone in a long time. In fact, I will have to start bringing in some of my more advanced training drills in order to keep up with his learning curve. I am now beginning to see how he became the Emperor through the trials you mentioned."

Tristan beamed with Lucas' compliments, "You are a very good teacher, Lucas. I sometimes forget that I have the suit on. Usually I have to look in a mirror to remind myself. My body is also feeling much better. Perhaps I have the cleaner atmosphere and atrocious amounts of vitamins to thank for that." He laughed as a thought came to him. "You were right, my wife might enjoy having my six pack back!"

"Oh!" Jane Romanov walked in behind Wilhelm, but kept in the background. "You must show us a preview. You know, to provide feedback for your wife."

Lucas patted Tristan on the back and turned to Jane, "Perhaps later, Lady Romanov. He needs to rest for a bit before doing anything else."

Jane remained quiet, but Wilhelm could hear a very quiet Aww. He rolled his eyes and thought to himself, "Bah! Women."

Tristan made his way to the armory. His suit was removed by robotic arms, leaving behind the exo-suit. He stretched, his muscles sore from the round of thrashings he received. Tristan's body did not ache as much as it used to, which made him very enthusiastic that the rigorous training was doing its job. In the beginning, he was arrogant. His entire perspective of the training was in that he believed himself to be above and beyond training. However, he underestimated the full toll his body went through after being separated from God's Bane.

Once he made it back to his room, he took off the exo-suit, then stepped into the shower. He was grateful to have his hair growing back. His body was even returning to its normal pigment. No longer was the black flesh present. Even the massive scar left on his side was showing signs that it had reduced in size. When he returns home, he will return as a stronger and leaner man. This was the best shape he has ever been in, and Lucas was going to push him further.

Finished with his shower, Tristan dried off, then dressed in casual clothing. He began his stretching exercises to promote better blood flow. After his stretching concluded, he decided to go for a jog. He notified the security detail just outside his quarters.

"Sir, we are to keep watch over you. We cannot let you go jogging outside of this building as it would be an extraordinary security risk!" One of the members pleaded with Tristan.

"Well, then you both better change into some more appropriate clothing! I have not been able to stretch my legs in the outdoors for a long time." Tristan rebutted.

Both officers, a man and a woman looked at each other, but sighed and agreed to the terms. An hour and a half later, all three returned sweating bullets with clothing drenched.

"Next time, I think we should stretch this to a ten mile run through the countryside!" Tristan smiled as the two sighed in protest, and exhaustion. He helped them both up and offered to help them to their respected changing rooms. "Let's do this again tomorrow. Be sure to stretch before or else you will cramp up again." He left the seemingly exhausted security agents and returned to his room to shower once more. He felt even better than earlier, as if he was full of life.

Knock! Knock!

"Enter," Tristan responded."

The door opened, and Wilhelm's head popped in, "Tristan, glad you are back safe and sound. Are you busy?"

Tristan looked around the room, "Never too busy for a friend. What's on your mind?"

"Meet me at this location," Wilhelm handed Tristan a piece of paper. It was a detailed layout of the building and directed Tristan to the Research and Development center. "That is the office where your suit was built. Lady Raven, King Lucas, and I have a few things we need to discuss. The rest of your Godsend Generals will be in attendance."

"Okay, this sounds serious. Something wrong?" Tristan's tone lowered.

"It would be best that we explain once everyone is gathered. Be there in an hour, please."

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

The Dirge of Dephire

Postby Havensky » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:34 pm

Glitch Labs
Epiphany Forge
Citadel City, Havensky

Lucas Ironwing stood at the front of the formation of Godsend Generals. For this event, Ironwing was wearing the uniform of a Dephiran Godsend General. On his hip, a holster holding a golden hilt with a amethyst gem. The symbol of the office.

On Ironwing's left was Lady Regina "Glitch" Raven wearing her white Skyan Power Armor. To his right, General Wilhelm in his own Godsend Power Armor. Next to Glitch, Darius stood in formation admiring the sword in Ironwing's hands.

I think we should call the sword "Sparky", said Darius excitedly.

Glitch winched and could be seen visibly biting back words.

I mean, it's SO FREAKING COOL! IT GLOWS! Sparky's a GREAT name.

A vein appeared on Glitch's temple.

ALL FEAR SPARKY! THE LIGHTING SWORD!

Glitch had had enough.

THAT'S IT! OUTTA MY WAY! I'M GONNA KILL HIM! NOBODY CALLS MY MASTERPIECE SPARKY! IT'S EMBEDDED WITH THE NAMES OF THE DEAD FOR CRYING OUT-

Glitch moved out of formation and had to be restrained by Wilhlem.

Calm down Lady Raven... Darius... I think you should shut up now. And get back in formation! He'll be arriving soon.

Darius, clearly embarrassed, got back into formation.

The forge's intense fires were turned down to just a small tiny light. In the absence of fire, the little light that there was reflected a cold grey off the stone walls. The forge had been built out of a cave underneath the city. Without the fire, the room was cool for once.

The doors opened and Godsend Emperor Tristan Skragg walked inside. The formation stood at attention.

What is the meaning of this?, asked Tristan. He took a few more steps forward.

Is that..NO... GOD'S BANE!?

Tristan stepped forward, but Ironwing's strong loud voice boomed.

And what if it was? Would you take back what you so willingly destroyed? Do you desire it's power despite the cost?

Tristan paused, No...countless lives destroyed...my own body betrayed me... decisions I've made while under it's influence... get that blade away from me!

Ironwing nodded and turned to Glitch handing her the sword.

Lady Raven... Master Builder... What is this sword?

Lady Raven picked up the sword and inspected it from tip to hilt.

This is the Dirge of Dephire... forged from my own hands... blessed by the holy men from here and across the seas...imbued with the Names of the Dead.

Lady Raven handed the sword back to Ironwing as he spoke again.

The world is a dangerous place Tristan Skragg. The hearts of men grow cold as the days march on. Life, once cherished and fiercely defended, has cheaped under the rule of despots and tyrants with ever growing might. Common decency becomes rarer in these times. And the temptation to use whatever force necessary grows by each blood red dawn.

But you know this... You have seen the consequences for yourself.

Ironwing stepped forward and presented the sword.

This sword is a requiem Tristan Skragg. A Dirge for the Dead who lost their lives in senseless conflict. A reminder of the Cost of War. Take this sword and remember.

Tristan reached out and grasped the sword's hilt. Instantly, the sword lit up blue and for the first time Tristan noticed the tiny names etched in the sword.

This is the Dirge of Dephire... This is your sword...may it never be raised in anger.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:22 am

Tristan grasped the sword by its magnificent handle, a tear forming in the corner of his right eye. The blueish glow faded as the charge dissipated. "This is beautiful, Lady Raven. Remarkably beautiful." He ran a finger gently over the names engraved on the sword, which gave him a tingling sensation as the residual electrostatic charge tickled his finger. The blade nearly matched God's Bane in every way, shape and form. Though, it was lighter. No, he was just stronger!

"So, do you think you can finally beat me in a spar, Tristan?" Ironwing chuckled, delighted that his fellow Goth was once again whole.

"Possibly," Tristan gently swung the blade forward, getting a feel for the weight and reach. "Lady Raven and her swordsmith have really outdone my wildest dreams and imagination. This sensation just feels natural to me. Through your training, Lucas, I have become strong enough to where this feels very light. If only I had this blade when I fought the Black King..." Tristan looked to Lady Raven, "I would give you a bear hug and a fat kiss on the lips if it were so appropriate, but..." He bowed low to the ground. "I hope my greatest gratitude will suffice."

"Thank you," Glitch replied quickly, shrugging off the Dephirian's last comment. "Just do not disappoint us."

"Oh, come on! Now that you have that sword, can we please just agree to call it Sparky the Awesome!?" Darius broke free from his restraints to shout his question.

"Hey, Darius, Sparky wants a hug!" Tristan turned to Darius and lightly touched the young man on the chest. The electric jolt knocked him back several feet. Singed hair atop his scalp left a small smoke cloud above his head. His face was dazed, left in a temporary state of surprise.

Glitch casually walked over to examine him, "Damn, he's still alive." She looked up to Tristan," Please swear to me you won't call that blade 'Sparky'."

"No, Dirge of Dephire is the name you gave it. That will be the name that will remain until my death or a great deed changes it." He looked down to the dazed Darius. "Odd, I didn't think this thing was near that powerful."

"You are insulated..." Wilhelm observed.

Tristan looked at his clothing, "Oh, right... My bad, Darius. Actually, I have a new code name for you!" Darius stirred slightly. "How about we call you SPARKY!"

"I like it!" Jane laughed. "Darius 'Sparky' Stormsurge, fitting."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents