NATION

PASSWORD

The Alamiralian Connection (Alamiralians/Invite Only) (RP)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Surrenderordie
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Surrenderordie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 pm

It isn't the ffreaking 23rd century is it? I was under the illusions/possible reality that it was just say 20 years after todays date

The United Terran Republics
Secretary

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Terran Republics » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Surrenderordie wrote:It isn't the ffreaking 23rd century is it? I was under the illusions/possible reality that it was just say 20 years after todays date

It's the 25th in my universe. I thought you would be close to the end of the 21st or the start of the 22nd.
Pronounced "Ah-pull-latch-un," not "Ah-pull-lay-chun."

National Anthem of the UTR - Shameless Self-Advertising - National Factbook
---Economic Left/Right: 8.25
---Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.44
Towson wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:Who's gonna kill the 6.5 billion people necessary to make this viable?

Flappy Birds.

Belderous
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:55 pm

I had the impression of post modern as at least 200 years post

Ruhigen
Attaché

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruhigen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:54 pm

I was imagining about 100-ish years in the future. I guess it makes no difference really, since we are on an alternate Earth with an alternate history anyway.
hi

Surrenderordie
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Surrenderordie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:11 am

Ok lets agree on a time period, and then restart the war just after you two declared it so we all have a fair idea of what we've got

Belderous
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Belderian forces continue to push into Egypt

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Terran Republics » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Be advised: there is now a Federation military outpost in Northern Ruhigen. We cannot disclose any further details at this time.

Towson wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:Who's gonna kill the 6.5 billion people necessary to make this viable?

Flappy Birds.

Belderous
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:15 pm

I kinda want to restart as a fter

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Terran Republics » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:32 pm

CONTINUED...

Sickbay,
Starbase 001,
Kuiper Belt

"Right funny lookin' buggers, aren't ya?" jokes Lyall as he hops out of his sickbay bed, having just been healed by the advanced medical technology and steady hands of the alien visitors.

"I should say the same, Chief," says Tucker with a slight grin.

"So, I assume you're here to take me to your leader now that I've been patched up?"

"No, I'm just tryin' to figure out what's goin' on here. We've been sent over to your space station while ours is adrift out there by that port window."

"Well, laddy, it looks like you do need some help."

Lyall walks to a commpanel on the wall closest to the door.

"Commander," he says into the dust-covered panel.

"Yeah, Chief? I'm kinda busy up here. Our visitors had a couple of questions."

"May I send an engineering team over to the floating mass of metal out by the station. It looks like that tube structure jutting out from behind has burst into flames."

"OUR NACELLE!" shouts Tucker as he runs to the window.

"Exaggerating, Mister Tucker," says Lyall.

"Denied, Lyall. While you were out, I ordered a team over there. They have a team over here if you haven't figured that one out for yourself."

"Aye. Thanks. Lyall out."

Lyall walks to Tucker smiling with his hands behind his back, standing straight and tall.

Looking Tucker dead in the eyes, he says calmly, "who the bloody h*ll are you people?"

"Terrans."

"And what of Tech Presley? He was under my wing for his introduction to station's procedure."

"Deck Seven with my technicians. Again, I don't have clue why they're here, but command probably doesn't want enemies somewhere we've had no contact with. Don't even know where we are."

"Well?"

"What?"

"Shouldn't we be down there with 'em?"

"I guess so, Chief."

Lyall pops his fingers and motions the group of Terrans towards the turbolift. They move towards the lift in preparation for their trip to Deck Seven.

Deck Seven

The red emergency lights glow dimly in the steam-filled chamber at the bottom of the turbolift while an alarm rang. (OOC: Sort-of like Star Trek's "red alert" alarm.) Steam jetted out from the metal pipes running along the walls, which is normal if the computer thinks the pressure of the hot vapor is too high for the pipes to withstand. What is not normal is that this is happening, as that usually only happens in emergency situations. The structural damage to the station had not been as minimal as it had appeared.

The turbolift doors hissed open and out stepped the engineering crew led by Presley. Down the hall are some engineers in red jumpsuits-- different than the gray general technician outfit that Lyall and Presley wore. They were all hastily at work trying to diagnose the problems with the station at hand.

An engineer walks briskly to Presley, almost with a sense of urgency in her footsteps.

"Technician," says the engineer in a slightly peeved tone, "what are you doing down here?"

"I am here to lead these men to your section, umm-- What's your name? I'm new."

"Pauling. And yours?"

"Jonathan Presley. No first name?"

"I'm not about to get personal with personnel. Now, who are they and why was I not informed they'd be here?"

"These are Terrans, and that's all I know about them. We'd assumed comms were down in this part of the station."

"Assumptions can get you killed. Well, gentlemen? We've work to do, and I think the reactor needs a few extra hands. That steam should've gave that away."

"Fusion?" asks Tucker as he put away his scanner.

"Standard, I assure you," replies Pauling.

19:53
"Alamiralia Base,"
Northern Ruhigen,
Arctic Circle,
AltTerra

"Cold as h*ll, isn't it Captain?" says Major Patterson as he holsters his disruptor pistol, just having finished rudimentary target practice out on the roof of the communications building, the collar of his winter coat fluttering in the cold winter winds.

"I'm afraid so, Major," says Captain Karl Bäder as he takes another puff from his ivory pipe, chuckling a little at Patterson's joke.

The aurora danced across the night sky as the two men stared out on the frozen concrete and asphalt barrios. It was Winter Solstice, and the day had already become a great deal shorter than it had been when construction of this military installation started. For a many grueling months in cold weather, Federal engineers and construction workers worked shifts around the clock to establish a presence here for their nation, and it was finally finished. Over an area spanning a mile, there was a square of asphalt, steel and concrete tucked back into the icy Norwegian mountains, its walls standing tall and proud like the flagpole in the center of the installation. It was a marvel of engineering, a feat that would be impossible without the ability to extract the resources needed in a hurry and get them where they're needed-- an ability the Federation had.

"It's quite surprising how our government has gone from xenophobic to open to negotiation since Frederick became King of Ruhigen. I quite enjoy it myself," Karl says looking at Patterson.

"You know, I remember the first time I encountered an officer in your military. I hear he's a fugitive since Wilhelm the Younger abdicated."

"I hear that he is dead."

"What?"

"Killed in a suicide attack."

"D*mn. I wanted to strangle him myself."

A particularly cold wind blows over the deck. As the wind blew, three jumptroopers jumped onto the deck. Their helmets were different than the standard, having an amber, translucent visor instead of a cold, steel face. (OOC: Kind-of like the helmets from Haze.) The soldier in the center of the formation stepped forward and removed his helmet. It was Sergeant House.

"Looks like my right hand and his fingers are here," says Patterson.

"Got an FNG for ya', boss," says House, pointing with his thumb to the soldier behind him on his right.

"Name, soldier," Patterson asks the soldier House was pointing at.

"Lieutenant Kirk, James T." (OOC: Oh, the references!)

"FNG, eh?"

"Straight out of the academy. No combat experience outside the sims."

"How'd he get into the corps, then?"

"I graduated the top of my class, sir," Kirk interrupts, removing his helmet as he does so, revealing the face of a young, unseasoned soldier.

"So? Still need combat experience."

"Ask the brass, sir. I got a letter offering a position as an L-T in the first jumptrooper. No reason why. It was unusual, but I took the job anyway."

"Well, don't expect me to like you, Kirk. You may not have had to prove yourself to the brass, but you're going to have to prove yourself to me."

"Yes, sir," Kirk says condescendingly.

"Drop the attitude before I drop my fist into your nose! Now, I have orders from the same brass that sent you here. We'll be on assignment next week. I expect you all to be doing some target practice in the interim. Reveille sounds at oh-five-thirty. I expect to hear disruptors discharging at oh-seven-hundred. Head off to the armory and put on your winter outfits. Dismissed."

"Well, gentlemen? You heard the man!" shouts House as he puts his helmet back on.

Kirk glares at Patterson for a brief moment and places his helmet on his head. The three activate their jump packs and jet off to the armory, scaring an unsuspecting team of engineers upon their landing.

"I like him," says Bäder sarcastically.

"Something's off with that kid. Didn't they teach him anything in basic?"

"If he were under my command, I could have given him a concussion and gotten away with it. Your government is too soft on its soldiers. No discipline."

"I'm sure we could get away with something like that if nobody saw it. Blame it on an accident."

"I could help you."

"He isn't worth it. I don't think Nelson would have hit me."

"From what I have heard about the Great Major, he would have killed you."

"Stories like those are what got his ego so inflated."

The men laugh as another chilly breeze drifts by, causing Patterson to pop his collar over his ears.
Last edited by The United Terran Republics on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Towson wrote:

Flappy Birds.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Terran Republics » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Belderous wrote:I kinda want to restart as a fter

I wouldn't mind you doing that, so long as you did it with an alt account. Would you like RPing as Russia in my universe if you do so? If you've seen the regional newspaper, you'll know why I need a Russia.

Towson wrote:

Flappy Birds.

Surrenderordie
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Surrenderordie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 pm

The few but determined Surrenderordie forces desperately hold off the Belderian soldiers long enough at the Suez Canal that the nearest strongpoints can be fortified. The soldiers go down in a blaze of glory and they inspire thousands nearby civilians to take up arms against the Belderan invaders.

Meanwhile, SE Asia has been thoroughly secured and is now comfortably in Surrenderordie's grasp, the soldiers sent there are now slogging through the forests in Northwestern China, about to launch a sneak attack against Belderous's eastern border

Belderous
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:24 pm

K, I gas the citizens, then I start dropping spent uranium rods in the way of surrenderordie troops, have fun with cancer

Belderous
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:19 am

Or actually more likely the surrender or die troops at the Suez get sniped before they even realize they are under attack

Ruhigen
Attaché

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruhigen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Bombings and air raids occur all along the African North coast as more and more forces are funneled into Ruhigen's Mediterranean bases. The crossing over the Strait of Gibraltar continues...

Very secretly, Ruhigen factories begin mass producing the jet-pack given to King Wilhelm by Major Nelson. Scientists study the technology in it to advance their space travel far beyond what it once was...

OOC: Just setting the stage for the ten-year jump.
hi

Surrenderordie
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Surrenderordie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:50 am

OOC Jus because they got mass murdered doesn't mean the government can't turn propaganda spins on the story. Mean while, Surrenderordies Air force is mobilizing in Tunisia, and a cross Mediterranean invasion is about to begin

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Terran Republics » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:27 am

(OOC: Remember, kiddies. This post is pre-jump, so the Federation is still the Federation. I'm not the UTR yet.)

A contingent of 100 Federation armored troops trails behind the Ruhigenian force in high-altitude stealth vertibirds from inside Ruhigenian territory, unseen to anyone but the Ruhigenians.

Meanwhile, Beldarian satellites reveal a new installation in the far north of Ruhigen, but its owner can not be identified.

Towson wrote:

Flappy Birds.

The God-Emperors Terran Empire
Envoy

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Emperors Terran Empire » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:28 am

At this point in time, a small Terran probe found itself in high orbit over Vectaria.

The probe had been dispatched by ISS Stormrider, flagship of the Terran Emperor, after the discovery of a sort of wormhole linking a certain point in the Empyrean to this alternate Earth.
Knowing that these connections rarely formed without a good reason, the ISD had recommended a survey of this Earth; which the Emperor agreed to.

A lot had happened since the probe had started its observation mission almost a year ago.
A world war had been fought and ended, with a second war following almost immediately thereafter.
And now, one of the local superpowers, called "Horicnir" had apparently been wiped off the map by the hyper-aggressive Belderian Empire in a wave of nuclear hellfire.

Having seen the Bedlerian armed forces' mass murder of Surrenderordie citizens by gassing, proving that they were willing to go the distance to achieve victory; the AI decided that this ruthless nation would make a fine ally - and a possible stepping stone towards establishing a foothold in the new universe.

It steered the probe on a downward descent, arming its city-killing 65 megaton antimatter rocket-bomb in case of trouble.
After dropping below 500 kilometers, the probe opened a Vox channel to the Belderian capital of Vectaria, broadcasting a message that all the city's transceivers would pick up - after all, a Vox link could only be fine-tuned to a single channel if the connection was established on both ends.

The AI broadcast a short message, which would change the history of planet Earth.
"Greetings to the government of the Empire of Belderous! The aircraft descending towards your city is a survey probe of the Terran Empire, a nation from an alternate timeline. This will sound hard to believe, which is why I'm requesting permission to land, so you can examine this probe and learn that I'm telling the truth. I think I speak for the Empire as a whole when I salute your great victories; and hope to make a good first contact. Awaiting your response."
[Retooling my IC; work in progress]
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Whenever I say "legeslation" instead of "legislation", this is not a spelling error; but rather my IC Terran English spelling.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Terran Republics » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 am

(OOC: I'm establishing a few transitional facts. I still want to use my combat troops beside Ruhigen's, so I would expect him to be invading across Gibraltar.)

25 Years Since First Contact With the AltTerrans.

23:01
Presidential War Room,
Raven Rock Bunker Complex,
Pennsylvania,
North American Republic,
UTR

A lot had changed in twenty five years. The Federation, along with many other countries, had finally come to the conclusion that being scrambled into many squabbling nation-states was simply not going to work in a rapidly expanding multiverse. President Fontaine, having declined candidacy for a third five-year term-- on top of the two extra years he served following the special elections. It was a new era for the world, championed by a democracy for the people.

Scientific advancement exploded after the unification, as more scientists were available to steal technologies from other universes and develop new ones at home. Replicators became affordable, poverty and hunger was eradicated, and production was at an all time high. This massive increase in industrial output, of course, ruined the rest of the world's environment. Yet, for a time, everyone was finally happy.

With peace at hand, the nation christened "The United Terran Republics" set to the stars, seeing as it had just acquired quantum slipstream technology-- with the assistance of the visiting Terrans --which allowed it to explore the vast reaches of space. Colonies sprang up on various worlds, most of which that were only until then theoretically inhabitable. Though no signs of intelligent life had been found, this did not stop the military from expanding its budget for its own space program. With the accidental arrival of a ship full of Terrans-- dubbed "Imperials" by the Terrans here to prevent confusion --from an alternate universe, the military had to be prepared for anything. More research was being diverted to defense. President Jon MacFarlane, a Bostonian, was being briefed on said research.

"President MacFarlane," says a general with a Russian accent sitting at the same round table used by President Fontaine during his term, "I have a status report on the extrasolar defense initiative. It seems those scans we took of the Imperial starship that accidentally destroyed our prototype generator those twenty five years ago have finally revealed something worth our efforts to us."

"Well? What have your men discovered, Ivanov?"

"Their ships have some sort of energy shielding."

"Is that all, Ivanov?"

"No, sir. We believe we may be able to reverse engineer it."

"How does it work, Ivanov?"

"That is what we are trying to figure out. From the data we have gathered, it will take years to even figure out how it works."

"If we have those years, general. I've read the intel reports on those Imperials. They conquered their galaxy, and they'll probably try to conquer ours. They may be friendly with us now, but for all we know, we're a target. They may be still out there."

"Reports from our colonies show no evidence of intelligent life anywhere. So far, we are alone in the galaxy. This includes multiversals that should not be here."

"Just have your men get to work. Oh, and do you think it would work with power armor?"

"I do not know that yet, either."

"Thank you. You are dismissed, General."

"Sir."

Ivanov leaves the room as President MacFarlane rotates his chair around to a large screen behind him. Rotating back around to his right a little, he grabs a small wooden box and opens it. It's full of darkly-colored Cuban cigars.

'Hmm. Hard to believe these were banned,' he thinks as he takes one out and lights it.

The smell of smoke permeates the room as the screen flashes from a map of this Terra to a map of AltTerra.
Last edited by The United Terran Republics on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Towson wrote:

Flappy Birds.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Let me know if anything doesn't work

Postby The God-Emperors Terran Empire » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:24 pm

Ten thousand years have passed since the Imperial Starship Odyssey fell into an alternate timeline through a rift in the space-time continuum, caused by an accidental "crossing of the streams" inside the Empyrean.

For the crews of the Odyssey, and the ships sent to retrieve them, it had only been a few weeks; but these weeks would prove to be the deciding factor of the Terran Empire's continued existence.

Figuring that the power that had brought them there could also bring them home, Odyssey's captain, Lewis Blackburn, had moved to establish friendly relations with the dominant power in this alternate timeline: the United Terran Republics.
The UTR gave the Terrans access to their Rift Generator technology; and in return, the Empire provided the UTR with plans and working prototypes of the new Wave Motion Engine - the resulting Quantum Slipstream Drive overcoming the Federals' inability to travel at FTL speeds inside their own universe.
In today's Empire, Wave Motion engines have fully replaced Warp drives, making travel through the dangerous and unpredictable Empyrean a thing of the past.
Quantum Slipstream travel remains unused by the Terrans, who prefer the more risky, energy-consuming and inaccurate, but much faster and (almost) unstoppable Wave Jump method.

Discovering a great many similarities between their peoples, the UTR and Terran Empire had soon formed an alliance; mostly held together by the mutual need for titanic amounts of resources.
Resource raids into alternate universes have become a daily routine for Imperial Starfleet; thus ending the critical resource shortage the Empire had been increasingly strained by.

The crushing Imperial victory in the Battle of Lemonum spelled the beginning of the end for the Outsider invasion. Though several other major fleet battles were fought, the slaughter in the North was something even the Outsiders couldn’t recover from.
The end came with the introduction of Rift Generators into Imperial Starfleet.
Though the rifts weren't large enough to allow more than one ship to pass through at a time; a flight of several thousand Typhoon missiles came through without any problems. The IDF could now hit the giant Outsider armadas wherever they went, and before long they began to realize that their densely packed formations would spell their doom.
However, the Outsider ships didn't stand a chance fighting on even ground with Imperial Starfleet warships.
After holding the Empire in an iron grip of terror for a thousand years, the Outsider invasion was finally routed.

Even though Admiral Scipio's fluid fighting style never caught on, the IDF have since adopted a set of tactics allowing for far greater flexibility and maneuverability; whilst maintaining their legionary-style combat formations - thus making the IDF more powerful than ever.

However, this was only the beginning of a series of wars that would see the Empire change fundamentally.

Admiral Scipio's conquest of the Dominion of Ruin, expected to take only a few months, dragged itself out into a centuries-long stalemate; which would only end with the vassalization of the Dominion.
The Dominion's cloaking technology was reverse-engineered by the Imperial Science Directorate, giving the already formidable Terran Navy another decisive edge.
However, this cloak would only work at low speeds, and when the vessel was not using too much energy - the cloak would drop if its carrier moved too fast or wild, and become detectable if forced to mask too much power output.
This cloak also couldn't be used for more than a few hours before needing to cool down - but a few hours would be plenty of time for the IDF to deploy against an unsuspecting target.

Using these new technologies, the Terran Empire set off on the Andromedan Reconquista; to take back what had been lost to them so many eons ago.
This war lasted for thousands of years, but the Terran victory was total.

These rapid changes, combined with the effects of centrifugal forces increasing a thousand fold, would lead to a five-way civil war that would last for almost 6,000 years.
Death and destruction were wrought on a scale never seen before; and when the Volkovite faction had finally restored control over its rightful territory, the Emperor declared that such a terrible conflict would never occur again.
To this end, the formerly libertarian Empire was forcefully turned authoritarian; with its meritocratic social structure replaced by a stratified class system based off of loyalty to the Empire.
The different branched of the IDF, which used to operate independently, were merged into a single military organization which swore its loyalty to the Emperor first, the Empire second, and its citizens last.
Sectors, subsectors, systems and planets, which had always been semi-autonomous, were suddenly brought under direct control of the Imperial City of Nikea Magna; and government at every level found itself answering to a Central Administration; essentially stripping them off their legislative powers.
Anyone who resisted simply vanished in the night.
From this moment on, the Emperor's word was law.

Cultural censorship and government control of the media and education, combined with the government taking over 100% of the economy, spelled the final downfall of the old social order.

These draconic changes incited a wave of rebellion and uprisings, which prompted the formation of fearsome organizations such as the Arbitrate, the Corps of Commissars, and most ominously: the Imperial Inquisition. Furthermore, the authority of DSI was expanded so far that they could now freely and actively scrutinize every Terran citizen, and "treat" them at will.

This wave of purges and terror, under the guise of restoring law and order, effectively turned the Empire into a titanic unitary state - a nation so huge that it couldn't break itself apart if it tried.

While it was obvious that the civil war had broken the Emperor's mind, there was nobody left alive to stand against him. The few who managed to survive the purges and stay out of the Gulags were too terrified to even consider making a move against the Emperor.
Over time, fear of the Emperor turned into worship; and before long, a cult had formed around him. This only served to reinforce the now insane Emperor's idea of his divinity; leading him to install Emperor-worship as the Terran Empire's official religion.
The Terran Empire had become the God-Emperor's Terran Empire; as for all intents and purposes, Gregor Volkoff had become a living god.

With their greatest enemies gone, and the giant regions of "dead" space within Terran borders repaired, Imperial population ballooned. Within a few millennia, its numbers had returned to what they were before the Meridian revolution, and to accommodate all these people; long abandoned planets could be re-colonized.

Discovered at several locations in the former "Xenos Horrendus" region of Andromeda were ancient gateways, used by the long-extinct Iconian race to instantaneously travel between systems and galaxies.
However, these gates were too far gone to be of much use. Degraded by eons of neglect, and damaged beyond repair, the Gates could only reveal their purpose; too far gone to reverse-engineer.
It would've been better had the Iconian Gates never been discovered...

Now, the Empire has discovered the presence of a working Gate, somewhere on an alternate Earth. The Emperor has decreed that he would see the Empire gain control of the Gate, so that Terra can build its own Gateway Network.
Sure, the Rift Generators worked just fine, but their limitations made them of very little military and economic value...
And if the stories were true, the Gates would allow entire trade fleets, or, battle groups, to jump around the universe at will.
Sensing an opportunity too good to ignore, an IDF force has been dispatched to this Alternate Earth. Its orders: to capture the Gate intact, no matter what the cost.

With the old guard decimated by ten thousand years of fighting; a new generation of IDF commanders, eager for their first taste of battle, come flooding out of the multitude of IDF Officer's Academies.

Like a phoenix, Terra has risen from the ashes of its past.

(OOC: Yeah, I'm turning myself into the Imperium of Man.)

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Commanding Officers List
IDF Flashpoint Combat Group "Operation Gateway One"

Marcus Holt - Rear Admiral, Operational Commander (ISS Harbinger)

Matthew Dougherty - Navy Colonel, commander of the Vanguard (1.200 ships) (ISS Typhoon)

William Ross - Navy Colonel, commander of the Operations Group (8.800 ships) (ISS Prometheus)

Tiberius Mason - Lieutenant-General, commander of the 8472 Composite Regiment - Imperial Army (15 mln. ground troops, 30 troop carriers, 270 supply ships, 60 Army Escort ships)

Supporting cast

Gregor Alexeivich Volkoff II - Emperor of the Terran Empire (ISS Victory)

Feodor Gregorivich Volkoff - Crown Prince of the Terran Empire and Lord Commander of the Imperial Guard (ISS Stormrider)

Kate Donner - Lord Minister of War and Princeps of Meridian

Gustav Halmer - Chief Director of the Imperial Science Directorate

Cassius Scipio - Lord High Admiral of the Navies (ISS Tekuma)

Scott Donnelly - High Admiral, Lord Commander of the Ring of Steel, and Chairman of the Admiralty Board (ISS Avenger)

Daniel Ben-Shoshan - Admiral in Chief of Imperial Starfleet (ISS Dolphin)

Dimitri Suranov - DSI Chief Director

Alexei Yurievich Andropov - DSI-SOG (Department of Special Intelligence - Special Operations Group) Senior Colonel (ISS Carthage)

Lewis Blackburn - Commodore of DSI-SOG Lightning Squadron (ISS Odyssey)

Naomi Ross - Fleet Admiral; Battlegroup "Apocalpys" (ISS Gustav Vasa)

Maxwell Burke - Admiral in Chief of the Home Guard (ISS Pyotr Veliky)
Whenever I say "legeslation" instead of "legislation", this is not a spelling error; but rather my IC Terran English spelling.

Belderous
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:25 pm

A rough voice barks over the speakers
"Permission granted, welcome to Belderous"

Belderous
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Occ. Scene setting!
Vectaria is one of the last holds that Belderous maintains against the flood of soldiers from Ruhigen and surrender or die as well as the shattered remains of the honcrir military, who fight to avenge their destroyed homeland. Belderous is falling, the most glorious leader bedridden from a bullet to the lung. These are dark days

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Emperors Terran Empire » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 am

Vectaria
Capital city of Belderous

"Descending now; taking shields offline."
The drone gently touched down on the giant square in front of the Belderian Imperial palace, powering down its engines so that it wouldn't drown the square with its noise.

When it was confident that one of the people who had approached it was a diplomat of sorts; the drone spoke again; this time over its speakers:
"I will now establish a QEC uplink with the Imperial Diplomatic Corps building. I am only a drone's AI, so I can't speak for the Empire. But I'll now project a holographic representation of one of our diplomats - in three, two, one..."

The drone now emitted a cone of light from its nose, which turned into the likeness of veteran diplomat Aradiel Histenberger.
He started speaking immediately: "Let's not waste any time with needless courtesies, I know you are men of honor and will understand my laconic tone. We've been watching this planet since just before the war begun, through means of an alternate timeline... But we can discuss that later. What you should know if that the Imperial Science Directorate has confirmed the presence of an advanced teleportation device somewhere on this planet, and we need this device badly. Problem is, we have no idea where it is exactly - and we can't conquer this world with our own arms, because we'd probably end up destroying the device.
Now, we are aware that you are losing this war. The entire world united against you - you've done an admirable job of holding on so well, but surely you can see that the end is near.
Believe it or not, there are some similarities between our peoples an our nations; so I see an opportunity for a mutually beneficial agreement...
What do you say?"

Surrenderordie
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Surrenderordie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:07 am

Surrenderordies Eastern Troops ascend swiftly into Belderous, forging its way towards Vecteria. Meanwhile, In Egypt, the Empire is finally pushing back the invaders. However in Northwest Africa, the attack still rages on. However the soldiers notice some strange things, only seen twice before......

Belderous
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belderous » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:34 am

Occ. I figured I had already been pushed back all the way to a few citizenship in Russia.

The weary diplomat, the newest most glorious leader, sighed and said "just get my people out of here and we will forever be in your debt

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Emperors Terran Empire » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:04 am

Vectaria
Capital city of Belderous

Histenberger sank into deep thought for all of 20 seconds, then spoke up: "Alright, here's our situation: This planet's civilizations are more advanced that we expected; so just parking an evacuation fleet in orbit would be folly. We'll create a rift to our home universe in a neighboring solar system, nobody should be able to pick it up. We'll send a cloaked fleet through, and move it into position near Earth. Then, we'll have to commence the evacuation itself - gather your population in whatever cities you have left, and we'll send down our Thunderhawks to transport the civilians to safety.
Meanwhile, we'll deploy Air Superiority and Ground Attack fighters to safeguard the Thunderhawks while in transit. The others will see them leaving orbit - we don't know what their response will be, but I'm assuming they'll attack in full force. That's why your military will have to hold out until civilian evacuation is complete; we're talking roughly 90 hours on that. We can deploy a few battalions of Naval Infantry, but ground support will be very limited.
Oh yes, we need permission to conduct bombing raids on the enemy capitals; to throw them off balance."

The diplomat quickly went over his speech in his head, realized he'd forgotten something important, and spoke again:
"Concerning your people, we'll simply refound the Empire of Belderous on one of our planets. We've got plenty to spare, with more than enough room for expansion; believe me!
Anyway, when you feel you're ready, we'll invade Earth together and bring it under your control."

Aradiel now looked the Glorious Leader right in the face, his expression turning stern.
"On one condition. We want that Gate. If you'll agree to letting us search the planet for it, we'll not only save your nation; but turn it into a superpower. The Terran Empire takes good care of its allies.
But if you refuse, we'll unleash a Neutron Purge, and wipe out all life on this planet.
So - do we have an accord?"

OOC: Well, I am an evil dictatorship! Besides, it's only a bluff - no doubt doing so would destroy the Gate!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents