NATION

PASSWORD

Problems in the Pacific (MT/IC/CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Problems in the Pacific (MT/IC/CLOSED)

Postby Padnak » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 pm

OOC can be found here, Sign ups are now closed: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=293847&p=19913867&sid=e902fb34284ff009efc615b05de79934#p19913867

Outpost D103, Heimgui Island, Republic of Padnak
April 27, 2014

"SIR! We've just finished our morning patrol and our radar picked up a large object flanked by two smaller objects 80 miles out, bearing 90, we thought it might be a Vanconian warship so we came right back here to report it" Dieu Quan, captain of the NPS P113, a Type 037 sub chaser based at Outpost D103

"You sure its not just some fishing boats or something?" Col. Tieu Tung, Commander of Outpost D103

"No sir, it was way to big, and it was in Vaconian waters" Cpt. Dieu Quan

"Tell your crew to refuel and get ready to engage" Col. Tieu Tung

"Understood sir" Cpt. Dieu Quan

"Take your ship back to the last place you picked up whatever it is you picked up and have Tat Quan's ship fallow you, radio back to base upon contact " Col. Tieu Tung

Tieu Tung had spent most of his morning sitting in his dingy office under the soothing blow of a desk fan when suddenly there was a banging at his door and a captain of one of the ships based at the outpost came stumbling in. The captain looked excited, and as much as Tieu wanted to spend the day lazing around in his office drinking rice wine the excitement of the captain made him take interest. Outpost D103 held an important strategic location near the borders of the Vancon and the Padnaki government of the 80's had taken note of this and fortified it accordingly. Outpost D103 had been built around a small lagoon on the jungle covered island of Heimgui and consisted of the lagoon itself which had been deepened to accommodate larger boats, a large concrete dock that surrounded the lagoon on all sides by that of the sea giving the outpost a U shape and a large collection of barracks and supply buildings which occupied the side of the U furthest from the sea.

Taking a moment to stash his bottle of rice wine, Tieu dismissed the captain and picked up the outposts intercom receiver which sat on his thick oak desk.

"THIS IS YOUR COMMANDER SPEAKING, ALL UNITS TO ALERT LEVEL 3 WE HAVE A POSSIBLE THREAT, CREWS OF P117 AND P113 GET YOUR SORRY ASSES TO YOUR BOATS AND MOVE OUT TO INTERCEPT" Col. Dieu Tung

It took a few minuets to get the two boats fueled, during which time Dieu explained what it was there were looking for to Tat Quan. After a bit of bumping and scraping the two sub chasers eased their way out of small port and into the open waves of the pacific. The two type 037 sub chasers were fairly fast with a top speed of around 50 knots so it didn't take long for them to get to the position where P113 had picked up the three objects on her radar. After a bit of searching, three objects that appeared in the same formation as Dieu had described showed up on the P117's radar and after a couple minuets of steaming they popped into view. Given the disputed nature of waters between Vancon and Padnak is wasn't uncommon for Padnaki ships to spot Vanconian warships operating in the distance and generally the protocol was to report the sighting to the ships home port commander and fire a few warning shots should the Vanconian vessel get to close, so the sight that awaited the crews of the P113 and P117 was quite the surprise.

"I HAVE A VISUAL ON THE TARGET! ITS AN OIL RIG" Padnaki sailor aboard the NPS P117

"What the hell is that doing out here, I'm going to radio back to base, can you see any flags on it?" Cpt. Tat Quan

"It's being pulled by what looks like two Vanconian tugs, or at least they're flying Vanconian flags" Padnaki sailor

"This is Captain Tat Quan of the P117, We have a visual on a vanconian oil rig thats being towed close to our waters, recommend action?" Cpt. Tat Quan
Last edited by Padnak on Fri May 23, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:11 pm

It was a bright, sunny day in the east pacific today. Birds were singing in the cloudless sky overhead as Rig-21 was sailing into position. Earlier that week, it had been ordered to move into the Pemkek Besar oil fields. Unfortunately, this was in a very disputed location between Vancon and the local third world powerhouse, Padnak. Even though it was dangerous, the sheer amount of possible oil for the Vanconian populace was astonishing.

In the wheel house of this great vessel, there was a lone man. He had broad shoulders, long white hair and a short neck. You couldn't see the rest of him since he was in his leather chair at his ebony desk. Tasola had been in charge of this ship since it's birth 5 years ago. It was not his first ship though. Before this, he was in charge of a few military ships, and therefore his training has been moved over to this rig. Now his new vessel was like a well oiled machine, in both metal and people. Everything was orderly and structured, ready to engage anyone who dares attack Rig-21.

As her hull shined in the bright afternoon sun, Rig-21 kept on going to it's destination.
''It' only the Padnakis on the other side of this border. They could do nothing to us. Our ship has the finest protection compared to those backwater maniacs. Helmsman, turn to 267 and commence final approach on target. Time to get started.''

-Ding Dong-
''All hands, prepare for a message from Captain Tasola.''

''Today, we shall be entering the disputed territory over the Pemkek Besar oil fields. We have no idea how the Padnakis will respond to our incursion but it will not be good. Be prepared for any thing and everything. It's time to get to work. Everyone, all 199 of you, prepare for drilling.''
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Outpost D103, Heimgui Island, Republic of Padnak
April 27, 2014

Col. Tieu Tung had watched the two sub chasers depart the small harbor and steam off into the pacific from his second floor office with ever growing interest. Tieu had been mulling over what the captain had said for about and hour when the radio set that sat in the corner of his office erupted with noise.

"This is Captain Tat Quan of the P117, We have a visual on a vanconian oil rig thats being towed close to our waters, recommend action?"

Tieu raced over to the radio, knocking over several vodka bottles that sat on his desk, and picked up the receiver.

"Copy that captain, continue tracking it but maintain distance, when and if it crosses into our territory notify me asap, I need to radio central this is big" Col. Tieu Tung his gravely voice growing more and more fast passed

The colonel dropped the radio receiver and picked up the black phone labeled central command. After waiting a few moments for his call to be patched through to a the central dispatch room, Tieu told the operator that the call was of the highest priority and after a few moments was talking to his commander. Tieu's commander was a middle aged general named Thong Ngoc Dac Kien who was the overall commander for the military district in which Outpost D103 was located.

"Sir, my men spotted a vanconian oil rig moving into the Pemkek Besar oil fields and are currently tailing it, recommend action?" Col. Tieu Tung

"Has it entered our waters yet?" Gen. Thong Ngoc Dac Kien his voice distorted by the elderly phone

"No sir, I've told my men to notify me if it does, what is our current coarse of action?" Col. Tieu Tung

"I've just notified Kem Jalan Merpati airbase, we can't let those Vanconians go as they please in our territory, I've also sent a message to the president" Gen. Thong Ngoc Dac Kien

"My ships will fire warning shots if the rig gets to close" Col. Tieu Tung

"Good, keep your ears open for a call and keep me updated" Gen. Thong Ngoc Dac Kien

Kem Jalan Merpati airbase, Jalun Island, Republic of Padnak

The Padnaki military was quite used to Vanconian incursions so when news of a Vanconian drill rig moving into its waters reached the ears of the district commander, the entire system moved like a well oiled machine. Thong had sent a message to Kem Jalan Merpati airbase and withing minuets a pair of MiG-25PDS were rolling out from their concrete bunkers and onto one of the beat up runways of Kem Jalan Merpati airbase. The airbase was located on a larger island around a 100 miles away from outpost D103 and had been originally built in the second world war. In less then twenty minuets the pair of Migs screamed over Heimgui Island and out towards where the drill rig had last been spotted. After a few minuets of searching one of the migs spotted the massive drill rig and after a few short radio calls both the migs were speeding towards it.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:38 pm

''Sir, two approaching aircraft bearing 236 and coming in fast. They're bearing Padnaki colours. I think they're interceptors! ETA, 2 minutes.''

Tasola leaned back in his chair after hearing the sudden bout from his radio. Honestly, Tasola wasn't surprised with the fact that the enemy forces had already begun to hunt them. He decided that the best course of action would be to turn tail and head back. However, if he did, the Vanconian High Command would be extremely mad at him. Reluctantly, he told his men to be on guard, but keep going forward. He looked out his window and saw dark clouds on the horizon. They were dark and foreboding, as if to scream go away, turn back or any other dark meaning. But most imprtantly, they were coming from the direction of the oil fields. Tasola opened up his newspaper and saw that the horoscope page said that today was going to be bad. It was just coincedence, he said to himself.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Military District Tangra, Republic of Padnak
April 27, 2014

From the bridge of the P117 Tat Quan could see the two jungle camouflaged migs circling overhead and decided to radio them before radioing the oil rig, should they have to engage it.

"This is Captain Tat Quan of the P117, I have a visual on you and your wingman, I'm going to radio that rig on an open channel so I recommend you listen in and we'll take it from there" Cpt. Tat Quan

"Copy that, this is Lagoon One and my wingman is Lagoon two, we'll stay in touch" Lagoon One

After explaining the plan to the migs, Tat opened radio communications on channel BZ-3999 which was an overall channel used by all sections of the Padnaki military, just in case one of those tugs had something a little bit more dangerous then a greasy kitchen bellow deck. The rig and the two tugs pulling it had continued to steam towards Padnaki waters and with each passing second was closer to being fired upon.

"This is Captain Tat Quan of the NPS P117, your vessels are about to enter a restricted area and will be fired upon if you do not halt your progress" Cpt. Tat Quan

Kem Jalan Merpati airbase, Jalun Island, Republic of Padnak

Word of the oil rig sighting had spread like wildfire over the Padnaki military communications network, with bases as far away as the Gorkona military district which bordered Australian waters going into level 4 alert. At Kem Jalan Merpati airbase an airborne assault team was already being prepped. The airbase's commander was a colonial general of 39 by the name of Disakorn "Killgor" Saenamuang. Disakorn was almost universally feared by the Gorh Shek rebels during the delta war and had a reputation for being particularly bloodthirsty. Having gained the nickname Killgor from his love of the movie apocalypse now, which it was rumored he forced all the soldiers stationed at Kem Julan Merpati to watch once a month, Disakorn was the personification of the Padnaki military; bloodthirsty, brutal, heavy handed, fanatical and combat hardened. Disakorn had personally requested that a flight of Mi-24 Hinds be stationed at the airbase and took every opportunity to deploy them. The Hinds were fearsome aircraft to begin with, but the Hinds stationed at Kem Jalan had an far reaching reputation for causing terror. Painted with a camo scheme unique to the base along with teeth nose art that gave them a crocodile like appearance and piloted by some of the best pilots in the Padnaki air force, the Hinds of Julan Island inspired awe in all of the Padnaki military.

A few minuets after the Mig-25's had taken off, Disakorn had ordered that three of the hinds be prepped to land on the rig, and after the airborne assault team was rounded up and the hinds armed and fueled they taxied out to the base's large concrete runway and thundered into the humid skies of the pacific.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

East-Pacific, Disputed Territory (DT)

Postby Vancon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:13 am

Captain Tasola was in the military for a long time. He has seen his fair share of conflicts and also the beginnings of them. The actions that the Padnaki forces were taking were nothing new to him, albiet displeasing. Needles to say, he was worried for his crew. Tasola got up from his chair to take a closer look at the enemy forces. After taking a pair of binoculars from one of the helmsmen, he peered into the western sky. Silhouetted against a beautiful sunset, two small boats approached. Above them were two helicopters and two jets even higher in the twilight sky. Captain Tasola thought to himself, These Padnakis sure like pairs of things, just watch, they'll send two soldiers to bord us or something . Nevertheless, he went back to his seat and picked up a small red phone. He called the radio room and told them to send out a distress signal to all surrounding Vanconian forces. Even for a well experienced old veteran, this would be too much for him to handle.

9th Territorial Defence Fleet, 200kt South of DT

The fleet had received word that an oil rig was most likely about to be attacked by Padnaki forces, a long time adversary to the Vanconian cause, and burst into action. Three ships were dispatched to leave at once to aid in the defence and possible recapture of the rig. The TDF'S commanding officer decided that the immediate reaction force would be 2 Calypso-class AAA cruisers and a Borasca-class destroyer. At top speed, these ships should arrive in about 5 hours, which could be too long. This should be enough to deal with any and all potential threats. The Padnakis were a backwater country anyways so there was no reason for them to send anything bigger. That being said though, the 9thTDF was now at level 4 alert status, possible engagement, and was loading weapons, fueling fighters and preparing more ships to go and assist if required.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Military District Tangra, Republic of Padnak
April 27, 2014

"Captain, those tugs aren't stopping, should we engage?" First Mate Tai Chaiprasit Bridge of the P113"

"They're in our territory so we're in the right if we do, I'll ask Tat what he thinks" Cpt. Dieu Quan

Picking up the bridges radio responder, Dieu flicked the channel dial to local and radioed the P117

"That rig and those tugs are in our territory, should we engage?" Cpt. Dieu Quan

"Yep, my ship will take the right one, you take the left, sink them" Cpt. Tat Quan

The two sub chasers were armed with 57mm cannons and from the range they were at now, they could easily engage the unarmored tugs. After a several seconds during which orders were issued to the two crews of the sub chasers the two boats turned their guns on the tugs and unleashed a quick barrage of 57mm shells. The tugs were restricted by their tethers to the drilling rig, so when the Padnaki shells started landing around them they were unable to escape. After a few seconds of barrage, the two tugs had been Swiss cheesed and were slowly sinking into the pacific waves. This also presented a problem: the rig was now sitting dead in Padnaki waters and the two sub chasers lacked the means to board and seize it. Then a solution came flying over the pacific.

"I guess we should have fired some warning shots or something..." Cpt. Dieu Quan

"They were in our waters" Cpt. Tat Quan

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, but this is Blackout One of Blackout Squadron, we'll be landing on the rig and taking it from here" Major Nintau Chavalit, Blackout One

"I assume your flying one of those hinds" Cpt. Tat Quan

"Yep, we having a boarding team and will be taking that rig, we advise all other Padnaki elements in the area to hold back and be prepared to sink that thing if shit goes south" Major Nintau Chavalit

"Copy, Lagoon elements will clime to 20,000 feet and be on standby" Lagoon One

"Sounds good, we'll start circling the rig" Cpt. Dieu Quan

The whole engagement was unusual by Padnaki standards, given that no one had started trying to pull rank and everything was happening organically.

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm

President William Congreve watched the clouds drift by far below as he stared out of the window that roofed in the top floor of his quarters on Guardian. Off the wing of the massive aircraft, two drones were flying in an echelon formation. There were another two on the other side, making the five airplanes into a wedge shape.

“Sir, Smith thinks you should look at this.” said Nexus, his robotic avatar walking up to William. He passed William a tablet.

“I see.” said William “Yes, this could be profitable, but we don’t have much intel. Put a Sentinel satellite over Padnak, and I’ll see if I can meet with the government of Vancon to talk about a partnership.”

“Confirmed, sir.” said Nexus “Ordering Space Command to fly a Sentinel over Padnak, and asking Diplomacy Command to schedule you a meeting with Vancon’s government.”

Message from Congreveopia to Vancon:

We are interested in meeting to discuss the potential for development in the underwater oil and natural gas fields near your nation. If you will permit it, our President would like to fly to Provincia and meet with Demetrius Zansu in person to discuss this.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Rig 21, Later that day

Postby Vancon » Thu May 01, 2014 11:57 pm

''All hands, emergency quarters. Prepare for possible enemy boarding. Possible combat imminent.''

Rig 21 was bustling. All of the sailors were hurrying about to get to thier combat possitions. All across the rig, sailors were picking up arms to get ready for the Padnaki forces. In each corner of the rig, tarps were removed from the rigs AA cannons. They were small sets of dual miniguns that were pretty much duct-taped together. Some sailors had to run into the heart of the rig, so that they could go and get more ammo for their weapons. After everyone was in place, Tasola gave the order to hold fire until the hinds were right on top of them. This way, the miniguns could tear the helicopters to shreds.

The Captain now had one option. He had to fight off or scare away the Padnakis until the renforcements arrive in the shape of three military vessels. Once these ships arrive, because of their superior hardware, they will be able to destroy the small sub-chasers that the Padnaki forces had deployed. The vanconian man had only another two hours until this event would be completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vanconian High Counsel, 1st Ring, Provincia, Assach, Vancon

In a dimly lit room, there was a man in a big leather chair overlooking the bustling city state beneath him. This man raised his right arm, in which there was a glass of fine wine. He took a sip and continued to look over his metropolis. Not five minutes ago, a woman had entered and left three small packages on his big, wooden desk. Firstly, he had received a notice of heightened tensions between his nation's neighbours, Padnak, and Vancon. It was a short summary of the events so far, the firing on Vanconian ships and citizens. Honestly, Mr. Zansu wasn't surprised. The Padnakis are very agressive warmongers who are constantly fighting. One thing that shocked him was the efficiency off the battle veterans and how easily they executed their operation so far. The second set of papers contained what little information the Vanconian Information Bureau had on these new Congreveopian people. Demetrius was skeptical at first, seeing as these people pride themselves on their robots, even if they tend to break quite frequently. The last message was from the Congreveopian government, asking for an audience for a partnership. Demetrius was a rational man, albiet greedy at times, but he did see the economic benefit of having aide in this conflict to be quite useful in the long run. Grudgingly, he went over to his phone and told his secretary that he would see the Congreveopian president.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 4:42 am

Guardian:

William sat down inside Vormund in his chair. There was a table in front to him, and across it was Nexus. To his left, was the left wall of the plane. Through the windows he saw the steel belly of Guardian holding the smaller jet. The door shut, and Guardian’s belly opened. William saw Vormund get lowered out of Guardian’s belly, heard its engines start, and then guardian dropped it, and it was away. Guardian had already flown most of the way to Provincia, but it was too big for all but the largest airports, so Vormund would be carrying William down.

40 minutes later:

William walked into the meeting room where Mr.Zanzu was waiting for him. He was followed by Nexus and Falcon (his bodyguard). The other four members of his squad of guards waited in the hall.

“Pleased to make your acquaintance.” said William, holding out his hand “So, what is the current state of affairs?”

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri May 02, 2014 7:23 am

"We got shots fired! Shots fired! I repeat, shots fired! Picking up extreme movement on radar! Satellites detect two commercial civilian ship casualties! Picking up a few birds, two jets. MiGs, it seems." The corporal in the bridge shouted, and it alerted the whole crew. The room glowed a shade of red as the sirens blared loudly, alerting the crew that it was now a Code Red situation. "Satellites confirmed civilian casualties! This is a code red situation!"

"Dammit! Just what we needed. Put the escorts on high alert!" The captain of the ship shouted, slamming his fist down and running to the front of the ship. He took out his high powered binoculars, but he couldn't see anything. Just... Contrails from the enemy jets as they flew around. "Check the naval radar and get an AWACS into the air! I want two
Nighthawks running visual recon. We can't be caught out in the open! Make a course for the incident, but stay as close to the border without running over it as you can!"

The captain's name was Captain Roberts, and he was a famous seafaring captain. In fact, he was the trainer for most ship captains, and was a leading member of Spetznaz, the Navy's special operations and boarding party. Every ship was needed to have at least 10 Spetznaz troops for close quarters boarding operations. Roberts wore a dark blue trench coat with a red star on his lapel and epaulets, symbolizing his rank. On his head he wore a red beret with a red star surrounded by a golden wreath, which symbolized Spetznaz Naval Operations.

"Yes, sir! We'll be within visual range within 30 minutes, going full speed." The driver of the ship responded, and the Captain nodded. Slowly, but surely, the DENS Vladimir, a Thriller Class Aircraft Carrier, and her escort of one cruiser and six destroyers, the largest escort they could afford. The cruiser was the DENS Hotspot, armed with the best weapons and the newest technologies.

The AWACS took off, the plane being catapulted off the deck, followed by two VI-1 Nighthawks. The nighthawks were Mach 3+ interceptors, but they could fly visual recon. Although they weren't the only thing ready, they were the fastest. Being scrambled was one transport heli and two attack hybrid helicopters, in total about thirty men were being prepped for peacekeeping and counter boarding. C-1 Minis and C-2 Seahawks, as well as the V-2B Shockwave AShW/ASW bombers were being prepped, and if needed, the Minis would fly AS, the Seahawks escort and decoy, and V-2B flying Anti Ship and Anti Sub.

"Sir, we can confirm from the AWACS. Warships are approaching the oil rig. They're beginning boarding. Orders?" The Flight Commander asked, getting information from the AWACS. The Flight Commander was in charge of letting the planes leave, and after AWACS Radar, the Nighthawks could fly visuals. "Visuals coming in. We've got a picture. Damn, they're closing in."

"Launch the helis and C-1 minis. I want to get those men off that rig, and get those fighters down!" Roberts shouted, and the planes and helicopters took off, ready to assist those attacked.
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 7:31 am

Rig 21, Republic of Padnak Territorial Waters

"Looks like there's some activity on the rig, I can see what looks like anti aircraft guns being uncovered, I recommend you fire a few shots and radio a warning that if they keep that up we'll sink them" Cpt. Dieu Quan, watching the drill rig through a pair of binoculars from the bridge of his boat.

"Thanks for the heads up, you radio them and we'll hold back for a moment, Lagoon elements, prepare to strafe the rig with unguided rockers" Major Nintau Chavalit

Flipping the channel select to maritime open, Cpt. Tat Quan radioed the rig

"Halt all action on your vessel, we have you surrounded and are in the processes of boarding your vessel, any defensive measures will be seen as an act of war" Cpt. Tat Quan

Most of the Padnaki military had been intently listing in on the engagement and the threat of declared war had made the whole thing a whole lot more interesting. The two hinds had slowed their pace towards the rig, while the Mig-25's were lining up for a strafing run.

Unknown, Republic of Padnak Territorial waters

The Padnaki's were well experienced with dealing with the Vanconians, but never had the Vanconians been this bold. Working quickly the Padnaki command structure had moved two Sovremenny-class destroyers, the NPS Kuala Gandin and the NPS Serigala Kelabu from their patrol roots in the Germekra oil fields near the Philippines and towards the engagement with the Vanconian drill rig. Never in recent years had the Padnaki military been put on such a high alert level. While it was unlikely that the Padnaki's would directly attack the Vanconians in their own territory, it was likely that the Padnaki president would phone up his Vanconian counterpart and demand an explanation.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 7:44 am

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:"We got shots fired! Shots fired! I repeat, shots fired! Picking up extreme movement on radar! Satellites detect two commercial civilian ship casualties! Picking up a few birds, two jets. MiGs, it seems." The corporal in the bridge shouted, and it alerted the whole crew. The room glowed a shade of red as the sirens blared loudly, alerting the crew that it was now a Code Red situation. "Satellites confirmed civilian casualties! This is a code red situation!"

"Dammit! Just what we needed. Put the escorts on high alert!" The captain of the ship shouted, slamming his fist down and running to the front of the ship. He took out his high powered binoculars, but he couldn't see anything. Just... Contrails from the enemy jets as they flew around. "Check the naval radar and get an AWACS into the air! I want two
Nighthawks running visual recon. We can't be caught out in the open! Make a course for the incident, but stay as close to the border without running over it as you can!"

The captain's name was Captain Roberts, and he was a famous seafaring captain. In fact, he was the trainer for most ship captains, and was a leading member of Spetznaz, the Navy's special operations and boarding party. Every ship was needed to have at least 10 Spetznaz troops for close quarters boarding operations. Roberts wore a dark blue trench coat with a red star on his lapel and epaulets, symbolizing his rank. On his head he wore a red beret with a red star surrounded by a golden wreath, which symbolized Spetznaz Naval Operations.

"Yes, sir! We'll be within visual range within 30 minutes, going full speed." The driver of the ship responded, and the Captain nodded. Slowly, but surely, the DENS Vladimir, a Thriller Class Aircraft Carrier, and her escort of one cruiser and six destroyers, the largest escort they could afford. The cruiser was the DENS Hotspot, armed with the best weapons and the newest technologies.

The AWACS took off, the plane being catapulted off the deck, followed by two VI-1 Nighthawks. The nighthawks were Mach 3+ interceptors, but they could fly visual recon. Although they weren't the only thing ready, they were the fastest. Being scrambled was one transport heli and two attack hybrid helicopters, in total about thirty men were being prepped for peacekeeping and counter boarding. C-1 Minis and C-2 Seahawks, as well as the V-2B Shockwave AShW/ASW bombers were being prepped, and if needed, the Minis would fly AS, the Seahawks escort and decoy, and V-2B flying Anti Ship and Anti Sub.

"Sir, we can confirm from the AWACS. Warships are approaching the oil rig. They're beginning boarding. Orders?" The Flight Commander asked, getting information from the AWACS. The Flight Commander was in charge of letting the planes leave, and after AWACS Radar, the Nighthawks could fly visuals. "Visuals coming in. We've got a picture. Damn, they're closing in."

"Launch the helis and C-1 minis. I want to get those men off that rig, and get those fighters down!" Roberts shouted, and the planes and helicopters took off, ready to assist those attacked.

OOC: It's not clear, but there is a signup OOC for this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=293847 Also, I think you're satellites are a bit too powerful. Satellites can see things with that level of detail, but you can't have enough satellites to constantly watch all the world with that detail. You have to notice something is going on, and then move a satellite overhead to get more detailed information as to what's happening.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Fri May 02, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 7:49 am

*snip*
Last edited by Padnak on Fri May 02, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri May 02, 2014 8:03 am

OOC: I have a satellite over my waters, and it caught something off it's edge.

Signing up now. Can I keep my post?

The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 8:06 am

*snip*
Last edited by Padnak on Fri May 02, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 am

Presidential Palace, Administrative District, Morhovza, Republic of Padnak Home islands
The ongoing incident with the Vanconian oil rig had reached the ears of Gen. Dieu Duc Viet, president of Padnak and overall commander of the Padnaki armed forces in record time. Gen. Dieu Duc Viet was a large intimidating man, standing around six feet tall and covered with scars from his days fighting during the Gemkek rebellion of the 1980's, and while middle age had widened his gut and removed most of his hair, his mind remained sharp. During his ten years as president of Padnak Dieu had never seed the Vanconians do something this bold and it worried him greatly. He was no fool, he new that in open combat the Padnaki military would be crushed by the superior weapons of the Vanconians. In jungle combat the Padnaki military was a fearsome force, most of its members hardened by combat and lead by competent commanders, but on the open seas there was a different story entirely. The Padnaki navy was outdated and comprised mainly of smaller patrol craft, with its best ships being deployed to protect key oil fields and refineries, which would stand no chance against the Vanconian navy which had grown larger and more powerful then ever before in recent years. To try and level the playing field the Padnaki navy had payed the Russians and the Chinese to built a vast number of brand new warships, but these wouldn't be ready for service until at least 2015 and the threat imposed by the Vanconians was an immediate one.

Taking a drag from his cuban cigar, Dieu looked around his dimly lit office and thought about what he should do to try and fend off the Vanconians. Gen. Dieu Duc Viet was a prideful man, and the thought of having to ask other nations to help was a sickening one, the more and more he thought about it the more and more this option looked like the only one. While being nowhere near as brutal as Iraqi's Saddam Hussein, Gen. Dieu Duc Viet didn't want to end up like him, so with great effort he rang the small bell that sat on the corner of his thick oak desk and called in his secretary. After a few seconds one of the two republican guard soldiers that stood guard at his office door let in his secretary. Taking a few moments to explain what he was going to do to the young woman, Gen. Dieu Duc Viet told his secretary to tell the Office for Foreign affairs to prepare a message for the world asking any potential ally nations to be ready to help out Padnak, should the incident with the drill rig escalate. After watching his secretary leave, Dieu picked up the grey phone that sat on the edge of his desk labeled Vancon and clicked the call button.

Office of Foreign Affairs, Administrative District, Morhovza, Republic of Padnak Home islands

The Office of Foreign Affairs was located across the street from the Presidential Palace and was a constant hive of activity, mainly regarding oil rights and which nations could have them. After receiving a call from Yow Xue, the presidents personal secretary, the Office of Foreign Affairs was quick to come up with a message and after being given an all clear by the minister of foreign affairs the message was sent to every nation which maintained embassies in the Republic of Padnak, as well as a number of other nations which the Padnaki Nation Petroleum Corporation had sold oil to. The message read as so:

To: All it may concern

We must keep this message brief due to the nature of our current predicament. The Republic of Padnak is on the brink of war with the imperialist nation of Vancon after a Vanconian incursion into our territory and we fear that they may try and attack us further. We need foreign support to fight off this rouge nation in the name of regional stability and the territorial integrity of Padnak.

And if we are attacked, oil production will be interrupted, so we recommend you offer your support.

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 am

Macabee Embassy, Morhovza

The Golden Throne's embassies are never simple, and the Imperial embassy at Morhovza is no exception. Sitting on a busy street, the embassy is more properly termed a minor lord's palace. Indeed, the building's facade is best described as ornamental. Well above the street level, the complex's walls are opened at even intervals by balconies framed by Arabic arches. These arches are themselves bordered by Corinthian columns, and columns can turn into colonnades on the larger balconies. Centered on the roof of the main entry, which stuck out quite a bit from the body of the rest of the embassy — the entrance is met, nevertheless, by majestic fencing, which surrounds the remainder of the building —, sat a bronze double-headed imperial eagle. Imperial architecture is practice in self-flattery.

Within the palace, inside a medium-sized study, sits Adolf Súaret, Macabee ambassador to Padnak. The room is comparatively simple, the walls made of a polished semi-dark wood. Much of these walls are covered by various things, bookcases in particular — filled with thousands of books. These books are not random, or purely decorative. Rather, they are all books on past wars — Macabee military history, in particular —, biographies of great generals and leaders, studies of military technology, and others on similar subjects. Súaret is a well-read man, well, in a particular kind of history, at any rate.

He awaits there for the arrival of representatives of the government of Padnak. By his side, behind a large conference table, sits a Macabee field marshal of the Ejermacht, and Martin Domaak, a high-ranked Guffingfordi corporate manager of Hoogenbosch Petrol Vennootschap, but representing the combined interests of the Macabee domestic energy industry. Padnak has two major qualities that draws Fedala's attention: (1) Its vast oil reserves and a relatively small domestic industry which can no doubt benefit from foreign capital; (2) its looming war with Vancon. The situation is ripe for exploitation. But, make no mistake, the benefits about to be offered are by no means trivial — on the contrary, the Empire treats its friends well.
Last edited by The Macabees on Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

The Volksreich
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Volksreich » Fri May 02, 2014 11:03 am

Isenstadt,The Volksreich
Fuhrers retreat
I can already tell this is going to be a long day thinks Leibstandarte captain Leonhard Hofbauer as he climbs the steps to the Fuhrers private office. He knocks at the door a few times and a smooth voice calls from within enter. As Leonhard opens the door he sees the fuhrer at his desk scrawling a signature on an official looking document no doubt politcal in nature. Greetings captain how can i help you in my oh so fleeting leisure time the fuhrer said with a clear razors edge present in the normaly warm smooth voice. The edge in said voice Leonhard knew well the whole Volksreich knew well even,the edge that meant you were drawing the Fuhrers ire and the whole volksreich knew that unless you wanted the rest of your life to be mere minutes you do not draw his anger. Leonhard knowing the situation at hand spoke quickly my fuhrer there looks to be a war brewing in the pacific he said handed the fuhrer a dossier the special intelligence service had prepared. The fuhrer thumbed through the dossier and said aloud helping these people could potentially ease our resource situation. Prepare the jet i expect to be touching down in Morhavza soon and phone the SIS and have them setup diplmatic meeting he said with a long sigh. Yes Fuhrer was the quick reply from Captain Leonhard. Hmm so much for my free time said the fuhrer as he headed for the airport.
Last edited by The Volksreich on Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Office of Foreign Affairs, Administrative District, Morhovza, Republic of Padnak Home islands

The Foreign Affairs office hadn't expected such a rapid response to Padnak's plea. After half an hour or so of paper work and administration duties during which the president was informed of this new found support the Office of Foreign Affairs Diplomatic Liaison, a pale skinned man named Huynh Ngoc Duong, set forth to the Macabee Embassy. With the military on such a high alert level there were trucks of supplies and soldiers everywhere, clogging the roads and disrupting the normal din of the city with the roar of diesel engines, getting to the Macabee Embassy was going to be a challenge. While Huynh and his driver tried to work their way though the gridlocked city under the harsh glare of the mid day sun, the Office of Foreign Affairs was busy arranging a meeting between the Padnaki president, and the Volksreich Fuhrer.

Huynh's driver was lucky enough to get behind a long convoy of beat up army transport trucks which were forcing their way though the crowded streets and after a half an hour or so of driving arrived at the Macabee Embassy. The building was an impressive one, made more so by the simple architecture that surrounded it. Huynh's car slipped off the road and up to the large iron gate that lead to the embassies car park. Huynh pulled out his diplomat id card, waved it at the board looking security guard and was allowed in. Once inside the fence Huynh got out of the dusty car, told his driver to park, and walked up to the main doors of the mighty embassy. The mid day heat was intense and it only took a few moments for sweat to start pooling on Huhnh's face after he left the air conditioned car. Walking through the front door of the embassy Huynh took a deep breath, wiped the sweat off his face, and went to the conference room where he expected the people he was to be meeting to be. Taking a few minuets to find the room inside the expanse of the Macabee Embassy, Huynh was able to collect his thoughts and come up with a strategy to try and get The Macabees on Padnaks side. Having finally found the room his was looking for Huynh opened the door and greeted the men who had been waiting for him.

"BOARDING TEAMS GET READY" Major Nintau Chavalit

The two hinds were now close enough to the rig to see individual Vanconians running along its many catwalks and service paths, many of them carrying ammunition. The AA guns could be a problem, but from what the Major could tell the people using them didn't have any combat experience given that they seemed to be panicking.

"Requesting permission to fire on the rig, I don't feel like getting buzzed by those guns" Blackout Two, the second hind

"Fire some warning shots with your cannon, keep your rockets for if we have to sink this thing, I can only imagine the reward we'll get if we manage to capture this thing intact" Major Nintau Chavalit

"Understood" Blackout Two

The second hind opened up on one of the catwalks with its 12.7mm heavy machine gun, shredding the lone Vanconian who'd been trying to get to cover.
The boarding teams huddled inside the hinds looked closer to american swat teams then Padnaki air assault member, owing to their all black uniforms complete with tactical vests, balaclavas and M4 carbines.

"Warning shots eh" Cpt. Tat Quan, observing the hinds from the bridge of his boat

"Yep, unlucky fucker got caught in the way" Major Nintau Chavalit, his voice cold and level as always

"Wonderful, can you at least try and not kill random civies" Cpt. Tat Quan

"Train your guns on those aa guns, if they start firing, shred them" Major Nintau Chavalit

"Understood" Cpt. Tat Quan

"Sounds good" Cpt. Dieu Quan

"I'm going to radio the rig and tell them whats going down" Cpt. Dieu Quan

"We can see you arming anti aircraft weaponry. Continue and we'll open fire again" Cpt. Dieu Quan
Like a pack of wild dogs the Padnaki forces circled the rig which now sat dead in the water.
Last edited by Padnak on Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Congreveopia Space Command, Main Control Room:

“Cutting forward thrusters to allow camera to focus.” “Cut confirmed, auto-stabilization recalibrated for removal of thruster ring.” “Roughly still, engaging gyroscopes.” “Gyroscopes live, cutting all thrusters.” “Thrusters cut, gyroscopes live, auto-stabilization recalibrated.” “Thrusters cut, re-deploying solar arrays.”

“Deceleration and roll complete, commander.” said the lead operator “We are about to go live on full imaging.”

“Confirmed. Go to open shields.” said the commander.

The sentinel satellite opened the protective shields guarding the delicate instruments, and began relaying back images.

“Commence imaging on point Alpha.” said the commander. Point Alpha was where some Vanconian ship was in the disputed zone between Padnak and Vancon. Images appeared of some tall, blurry ship on the main screen. It gradually focused into a recognisable shape.

“Is that an oil rig?” said the commander.

“In these lighting conditions, it matches my model of a Vanconian mobile oil rig to within the margin of error for these images.” said Nexus. He put a 3d model of that type of rig on the main screen.

“How’d it get there?” asked the commander “We know it came here recently, but I don’t see any tugs.”

“I’ve got other boats on the IR.” said one of the operators. Nexus put the IR video feed on the screen.

“Those might be tugs, but they’re a bit small.” said someone else “And they are circling around the rig. Wouldn’t they either be leaving or pulling it?”

“What are those blobs?” asked the commander, circling two “bright” blobs on his tablet. The blobs highlighted on the screen.

“Helicopters.” said an operator “Planes don’t go that slow and nobody uses blimps anymore.”

“Resupply maybe?” said someone else.

“Or an escort?” said the commander. He thought for a bit and then said “We need a Spyglass. You guys keep trying to squeeze more detail out of that, and I’ll see if defence command will let me grab one of the Qubec ring. The conflict there is over, and the orbit almost passes right overhead.”

Orbit adjustment of a Spyglass ultra imaging satellite has been approved. In a couple hours, it will be on station.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Fri May 02, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri May 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Adolf Súaret had been tipped off as to who the Padnaki government would come to represent their interests: Huynh Ngoc Duong. The two men had never met before, but Súaret did not particularly care who he spoke to, as long as that person had the autonomy to strike to agree to a deal. When Duong entered the room, Súaret put down his book. The three Macabee men stood, greeted and introduced themselves to the Padnaki diplomat, and Súaret invited him to sit. Quickly filling four glasses with water, the Macabee ambassador proceeded to his own seat, to present the Golden Throne's terms.

As pretentious as it may be, the bottom line is that a large nation — a dominant power in a strong, yet conflicted, region — does not help a small nation for the sake of justice. There is always an ulterior motive. But, deception is not the Macabee way, business is. Súaret would not mince words, or carefully craft his proposal, but would instead give it to his potential new friend straight. The Empire would arm Padnak to the teeth, but only in return for a preferential trade agreement.

Súaret spoke first, "How has your day been?" The four men conversed for the first five or six minutes, making small talk. The Macabee military officer complimented the Padnaki diplomat for the beauty of his capital city. It was the first time the field marshal found himself in Padnak; probably the last time, as well. At some point, the discussion turned towards the Vancon threat. Duong shook his head, defending his government's sovereignty over the disputed territories.

The meeting transitioned towards business. When the opportunity presented itself, Súaret interjected, "I believe my country can help yours. We have a long history as an arms provider. Our firms have, to offer the most prestigious example, designed the best tanks in the world. Our military has been successful in all of its past wars. We can provide you with as many armaments as your country needs to defend itself. We have the industrial power to manufacture weapons in high volumes. We are, however, not offering these weapons free of cost. We cannot force our firms to give away their products, and our government is not willing to fund the purchases itself. However, we can offer unlimited access to credit — denominated in Macabee Ríokmarks —, at a subsidized rate of interest, 1%. The war will undoubtedly force your government into debt anyways, and the market will surely not be as sympathetic as we are."

"Further," he continued, "We are looking for a trade agreement. My colleague," Súaret looked towards Domaak, "has determined terms in that area."

Domaak was born in sovereign Guffingford, that is, before the Golden Throne had absorbed the country into its empire during the War of Golden Succession. The assimilation was peaceful, and Domaak was one of the many who welcomed their new government. He was already involved with Hoogenbosch Petrol Vennootschap (HP) at the time, but his success skyrocketed following the war. For two to three years, even Guffingford suffered during the depression that followed the war. Nevertheless, depression gave way to boom, and Domaak rose through the corporate ranks. Being chosen to represent the interests of an entire industry was no small honor, and many predicted Domaak would one day take over HP proper. He was a relatively young hot shot, but he was also intelligent, charming, and diplomatic.

"Pandak has natural resources that are of interest to most nations. We would like to establish a friendly mercantile relationship with Pandak. We are not asking for special treatment. We understand that there are already foreign nations which hold large volumes of capital assets in your nation. We only ask that we can compete freely against them. Our firms are competitive, and will no doubt be able to carve out a share in your petrol markets. Neither do any other companies need to see us as a threat. Rather than take from others, we can enlarge the pie as a whole by investing large amounts of capital into explorations and infrastructure production. We can help fully develop Pandak's economic potential."

"Apart from a free trade agreement with the Golden Throne, we also ask for the Pandak government to expedite the bureaucratic licensing for the purchase of a large surface area outside of Morhovza. We already have a firm who has paid for the privilege to construct a large airfield, pending our discussion here. We can cut distances between our two nations by opting for a slightly more advanced form of transportation. Given the size of our industries, economies of scale have made possible the relatively "cheap" manufacturing of otherwise expensive technology. Instead of taking months for ships to sail between us, and instead of forcing aircraft to make various stops — threatening the safe arrival of goods —, we can use atmospheric trade routes to radically shorten transportation times. Although, heavier products would still need to be shipped. We ask your government to consider signing GATA, an agreement that would guarantee its people a steady stream of foreign aid, because there would be at least one untouchable trade route — an attack on which would amount to a declaration of war on us."

Súaret took back the reins of the sales pitch, "You know our terms. Which are yours? How can we help you?"

The field marshal, Viktor Boros, gave a faint smile and said, "Don't be shy. We can provide it all."
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri May 02, 2014 2:44 pm

"Alright, we're approaching visual. If they didn't see us before, they're sure as hell going to see us now." The driver said, turning the ship only slightly, cigarette stuck in his mouth. Roberts was looking through the windows of the bridge, holding up the binoculars. There the rig was, surrounded by planes in the far, far off distance. Barely visible to normal binoculars, and actually quite a few miles away. Nothing that couldn't be reached by plane, anyways.

"Alright. Put the crew on alert and have the planes ready to fly as soon as they are needed. They might be destroyed if we're attacked." Rogers ordered, looking into the distance. There, the two C-1 Minis, 4 C-2 Seahawks, and one V-2B Shockwave were flying off to the rig, circling it. The three helicopters were soon approaching the rig, guns armed.

On the ship, men scrambled. The crews were rushing to get the planes on deck and ready to fly, running back and forth with tug lines and pushing the planes into position. They were hooked up to the catapults, where five could take to the sky at once while four more were prepped. But more men yet ran to the the sides of the deck, jumping into the fortified positions. This was the naval equivalent of a light open bunker.

It was a metal wall with patches of a rheoric fluid in between the two metal plates, with the rest being thin strips of metal. There, behind a layer of sandbags, were massive emplacements. Huge 5 inch guns with autoloaders rested in some of the placements, while two double barreled 40mm guns and 20mm revolver cannons rested in others. And yet more, with SAMs, populated the areas in between them. It was a massive monster that not a single person wanted to mess with.

The chopper blades created a huge noise, the air shooting downwards and pushing against the doors and wing stubs of the hybrid helicopters, creating a racket. The noise was so great that the men wore headgear when they didn't have their helmets on. But through it all, they could still communicate through their comms and hand signals. And communicate they did, the leading officers of each squad getting the message through.

Lieutenant Emily was leading the rather large platoon of 30 from her position in the hybrid, with her squad of five holding SMGs. They all had the red berets on, as did the other 25. While her squad of five were armed with SMG-1s (some had Superposed underbarrel shotguns, including her), the other squads didn't have the exact same. In fact, most of them were armed with, indeed, carbines with a 2 shot burst. One had a grenade launcher, two people had shotguns, but for the most part it was SMGs and carbines, to fight in the close quarters.

The helicopter began descending, and Emily was passed the megaphone, to relay the message to the rest of the people there. Opening the doors, the .50 gunner inside cocked his gun, aimed it down, and looked around, acquiring targets. He didn't fire yet, but he would if needed. After a second, Emily spoke.

"Attention all aggressors! Attention aggressors to oil rig! Cease and desist now! All boarding parties turn back now or you will be fired upon. I have authorization to call upon deadly force if seen fit. Retreat now or I will use deadly force." She shouted into the megaphone, the message carrying over the sea. Over her, the two Mini Air Superiority fighters flew above, proving her point.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Macabee Embassy, Morhovza, Republic of Padnak Home islands

Huynh Ngoc Duong had sat rigid in his chair listening to the Golden Thrones preposition with great interest and with a deep breath he began his own.

"I must say I am impressed, never in my fifteen years at this position have I had the pleasure of dealing with such reasonable people as yourselves. If only the world had more people like yourselves we wouldn't have this situation on our hands, but alas here we are. I'm sure my superiors would be happy to agree to any sort of free trade agreement or such that you wish to put forward and I have friends in the military who I'm sure would be happy to requisition any land that your require free of charge. While I'm not officially suppose to do this, given all of the help you're nation is giving us, I can have the department of taxation and revenue overlook any licencing costs or the like that your companies may incur while developing our resources. The only thing we request in return is money, small arms and diplomatic intimidation on our behave. I will present your GATA agreement to my superiors and I'm sure that the'll to the sensible thing and sign it" Huynh Ngoc Duong

Huynh Ngoc Duong was far from Padnak's best negotiator, but given the circumstances had been the only person qualified in the office at the time. If Huynh was totally honest with himself he thought that this whole thing was getting far overblown and that this was little more then fear mongering on the part of the president.

Rig 21, Republic of Padnak Territorial Waters

'WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY!??!?!" Major Nintau Chavalit a number of targets showing up on his hinds radar

"They can't be Vanconian, they're to far out of base to get here that fast" Cpt. Tat Quan

"Radio them" Cpt. Dieu Quan

"STATE YOUR NATION AND PURPOSE, YOU ARE VIOLATING REPUBLIC OF PADNAK TERRITORY AND WILL BE FIRED UPON" Cpt. Tat Quan, his voice loud and harsh
Last edited by Padnak on Fri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm

"We are DEN Peacekeeping officials. I repeat, we are peacekeeping officials. You have deliberately targeted civilians. You have caused civilian casualties. Turn back now or we will use deadly force." The pilots answered, and flew overhead, arming their missiles. The Minis flew off to intercept the planes, while the Seahawks and the Shockwave flew to intercept the sea targets. No shots were fired.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents