NATION

PASSWORD

Il Fiore Sacro delle Alte Montagne (Closed, Attn. Sorgan)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Padullahstan
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Il Fiore Sacro delle Alte Montagne (Closed, Attn. Sorgan)

Postby Padullahstan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Months of searching by Padullahstani miners and scientists had resulted in nothing but disappointments. Sites all around the world had been scoured and analysed with expensive tests, and so far no results had been yielded. The frustration of the upper echelons of the Padullahstani government had almost reaching its breaking point. Then, a small breakthrough was reason enough to keep them hopeful. A prospecting group had reported there were fairly significant readings coming from metal detectors. A team of miners and guards were immediately dispatched to the mountainous isle of Kirinos where the deposits had been discovered, and began to try to collect samples from the hypothetical deposit. The ancient island already had mines, though these older ones made centuries ago were likely in search of gold or silver. The Padullah were in search of far more valuable treasure than jewellry items or precious metals. The mining crew ventured into the darkness, where perhaps no man had walked in two millennia. Stagnant air thick with dust floated around the dark corridors of the mine, the miners were more than equipped for the job, though had underestimated the stability of the mine. It would hold until they were done their job at least. Deeper and deeper the team went into the mines, as if headed down to the very bowels of the earth. They passed numerous graffiti left by the ancient Kirinosians, whose civilisation had died out after they demolished all of their resources and were struck down by a great plague. The sizable island that had been there home had been mostly untouched by colonizing powers, due to its rugged terrain and general uselessness for lack of harbours, resources, and flat land.

After what seemed like hours, the mining team reached a spot in one of the shaft’s walls that was deemed fit to drill into. The scientists accompanying them nervously watched the drill spin and light the walls of the cavern with white hot sparks, knowing full well if they had falsely reported something of this magnitude their lives would be forfeit and were libel to find themselves in some torture chamber back in the capital. The moments felt like ages and sweat beaded on their foreheads. The drill was removed from the aperture in the mine shaft wall and a light was put in its place. Some of the blue dust that had been created from the drilling floated around them, and the hole was examined. There were little blue and white rocks covering the sides of the hole and just in piles of refuse that were lining the sides of the mine walls. The ancients simply must have abandoned the mine when both the veins of precious metals ran out and the sickness from the miners began killing everyone. Little did they know that their island was the site of what was likely the largest vein of Akzerium in the world. That really wasn’t saying too much either, for Akzerium was extremely rare and even the vein this size would likely only yield around 50 kilogrammes. It was theorised to be the cause of the demise of the Kirinosians, but there had never been any substantial proof. The properties of the mineral were largely unstudied and its effects on humans was only based off of rumour and hypothesis. They reported the findings back to Uykesht as soon as they reached the entrance to the cavern.

Uykesht
Colmira Province

The Padullahstani capital lay under a blanket a freshly fallen snow. To a few it was a beautiful sight to behold, but most just viewed it as another hardship. The air was filled with sharp cries mourning those who the extreme cold had taken the night before and the bitter wind fighting its way between the buildings of the great city. At local time, the Supreme President had just finished a meeting with the Minister of Finance concerning interest rates. He immediately summoned the heads of the armed forces and all concerned parties at the Presidential Palace.

"This island of Kirinos is to be immediately forbidden entrance to outsiders and claimed in the glorious name of the Padullahstani Republic. The Akzerium ore is to be stored in a warehouse until all of the load has been taken from the mine and then will be brought back to Padullahstan and taken to the facility at Dat for further evaluation and testing. Secrecy is paramount. Questions?"

One of the scientists spoke up

"Supreme President, are we to test the Akzerium on human subjects immediately?"

Erkan Uzanlar looked at the man with a face of solid apathy

"Dr. Mavil, as head of the Dat Research Facility, you are well aware of what we are trying to accomplish and what needs to be done. So long as this is all finished I do not care which order you do it in."

"Thank you, Supreme President."

“Also, the island should possess artefacts from an ancient barbarian civilization I want them intact and brought back to the capital unspoiled. If there are no further questions, dismissed and set your duties into action. Glory to Padullahstan!”

Voröshdenzya Island

Three Ozelor-Class destroyers departed the naval base to rendezvous with another fleet of ships carrying soldiers, miners, and supplies to the isle of Kirinos. First they would construct a small settlement with a storage facility for the safety of the items being brought back to Padullahstan. It would go along quite smoothly.
The Padullahstani Republic
"Where everything's classified!"™

This nation does not reflect the actual opinions of the poster at all, and this nation should not be taken seriously. At all. It's meant to be an over-the-top parody of dictatorships and oppressive regimes.

Sorgan
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorgan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:40 am

The small Sorganian [Neskaian] settlement sat on the far side of the island, undetected. The settlement was bustling with troops and war machines pacing back and forth between hangers. Men in green jump suits and wrenches sat in the hangers fixing many of the war machines that came in. The settlement was from an old operation called "Project: Klaus" it was a project to free Padullahistani citizens from the corrupt government system by slowly, and quietly, bringing them to Sorgan. The project failed as funding was cut by the government. The settlement still existed and was going to re-issued for use to steal a certain item found by miners and scientists. The base was being repaired as hangers of green steel where boxes where being strolled out and the supplies taken out and taken to troops and repair centers.

It was late at night as troops loaded into a motorized vehicle that was waiting near the gates of the military base. Five troops jumped into it as it started up and the gates opened up. The avocado green vehicle zoomed off over hills and grassy plains. It zipped past small villages keeping under the radar by taking long routes between mountains where little citizens could be found. Soon the vehicle was outside the gates of the Padullahistani settlement where the archeological find had been placed. The troops snuck in through a back gate that was left open for transports to come in. Quickly they sneaked around the complex in search of the hanger dogging late night patrols.

After 12 hours of running in circles and hiding from patrols they finally approached a hanger. A man came by to enter the hanger. The troops hid and the doors open. The five troops quickly sneaked in before the doors closed. The hanger was filled with boxes and patrol units. The five troops sneaked past patrols and finally found the box marked with the number the troops where supplied with.
"This is the right box" Said one in a whisper as they looked around for a way to get it out. One of them quickly pointed to a jeep not being used. They loaded the box into the jeep and started it up as they all loaded in. The fired up the engine and drove it right through the hanger running over employees and hitting boxes breaking materials. The jeep plowed right through the center of the Padullahistani military base and broke open the front gate as it drove through the winding mountains out into the horizon.

Padullahstan
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Padullahstan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 am

Presidential Palace
Uykesht, Padullahstan

“WHAT!?” screamed the Supreme President when he heard of the latest developments of the operations in Kirinos and what had happened over the night.

“When was the last time the box was checked? Who was in charge of the guard that night? Who is responsible for this outrage!?”
The Chief of Armed Services faltered with his speech for a moment over the screen that he was talking to the President over via satellite.

“After analysis of the video surveillance of the storage facility we’ve discovered it was taken by an unidentified group in the early hours this morning. They managed to avoid detection somehow. They left a trail heading south, though we have not surveyed much of the island to the south.”

“Managed to avoid detection?” repeated the Supreme President, the vitriol in his voice was almost able to be felt in the room on Kirinos. “You will pay dearly for this incident if that box in not recovered. I want the guards on duty that night to be punished for this grave offence. I want that cargo of Akzerium ore recovered at all costs, am I being clear?”

“Yes, Your Magnificence.”

“Good. You and your men are also to report of any effects happening to them or the prisoners that will inevitably going to be taken. They are to be taken alive. Am I being clear?”

"Yes, Your Magnificence.”

“Good.”
------------------
Padullahstani Remote Base #9

After the theft of the Azkerium, the base was on high alert. The already strained soldiers were put on double shifts to protect any miners or people transporting the Akzerium ore to the storehouse to be made ready for shipment either directly to Padullahstan itself or one of the newly made refineries on the isle of Voröshdenzya.

“After what I just had to go through talking to the devil himself, I want this damned box recovered!”

“Yes, sir!” replied the members of the task force assigned to recover the stolen prize.
Four of the force would follow where the jeep had gone on land in a jeep of their own. The other eight would search from the air on a Mil Mi-24 attack helicopter.

“These barbarians are to be taken in alive, though I’m sure not are necessarily needed and can happen to have something befall them…The Supreme President demands that this be accomplished without flaw. Padüllanstan içün zoüfir!”

“Padüllanstan içün zoüfir!”

The trail left behind was still warm and the troops were quick to pursue. The thieves would soon see what happened when things were stolen from Padullahstani. There was no god or goddess in the mythos of the Padullahstani nation that was a giver of mercy, it could only be hoped that some deity would have mercy on the thieves, for there would be none from the Padullah.
The Padullahstani Republic
"Where everything's classified!"™

This nation does not reflect the actual opinions of the poster at all, and this nation should not be taken seriously. At all. It's meant to be an over-the-top parody of dictatorships and oppressive regimes.

Return to International Incidents