NATION

PASSWORD

Organization of Democracies War Forum 2

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sylvanna
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Sylvannan forces have landed on Lebanon's shores just north of Tripoli and have immediately begun setting up bases and perimeters. The city of Tripoli will be the first of many targets, and once it is taken, it will be used as the permanent base for operations in Lebanon. Siege of the city has begun, and all roads to and from Tripoli are being blocked by blockades. From the sea, Sylvanna's navy has begun to bombard the city, and the small but important port town is expected to fall within the next few hours.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 am

The Imperial Ground Legion will now officially begin 'The Grand Crusade' to pacify Syria and bring them into the civilized world. My forces will be equally split into three groups. Group 1 will charge through the middle of Syria in a phalanx formation, with Groups 2 and 3 flanking it around the borders in a pincer formation, effectively punching a hole through the Syrian forces, then crushing them like a skull between a vice. I expect this operation to go off without a hitch. Even though it's within the O.O.C. controlled territory of Paradisio, they have never truly cared to retaliate against attacks on the unproductive fringes of the Middle East. As well, the Navy will be diverting it's bombardment to where it is always a few miles ahead of my forces, allowing for maximum effectiveness against the enemy, and clearing away anything the enemy might try and bring into the fight. A detatchment of half my Independence vessels will also be breaking off to do hit and run bombardments along the coastlines and make it's way to Lebanon where it will aid in Sylvanna's invasion. Finally, the SR-71's I have grounded in the Emerald Coast will be launched to participate in this offensive, making tactical, deep-strikes with napalm.

Music for effect:
Ground forces- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_QlevAFnuU
Navy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgajEj0 ... Uu-qgG4R4A
Air Force- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLo3-e3cZKQ

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:26 pm

The city of Tripoli, within Lebanon, has been taken, with the uncivilised populace of Lebanon unable to match up against modern weaponry and technology. Sylvanna's navy will begin patrolling the coast of this heathen nation, bombarding cities as it does so, including the capitol of Beirut. Our ground troops will begin their march from Tripoli, and will begin the taking of northern Lebaon. Sylvanna will be deploying its airforce to patrol, besiege, bomb, and decimate southern Lebanon. This will require significant resources to rebuild this area after the Holy Lands are conquered, but it assures little to no survivors to retaliate or revolt.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Sylvanna wrote:The city of Tripoli, within Lebanon, has been taken, with the uncivilised populace of Lebanon unable to match up against modern weaponry and technology. Sylvanna's navy will begin patrolling the coast of this heathen nation, bombarding cities as it does so, including the capitol of Beirut. Our ground troops will begin their march from Tripoli, and will begin the taking of northern Lebaon. Sylvanna will be deploying its airforce to patrol, besiege, bomb, and decimate southern Lebanon. This will require significant resources to rebuild this area after the Holy Lands are conquered, but it assures little to no survivors to retaliate or revolt.

You are aided in this by the Independence vessels of the I.C. and easily bowl across Lebanon. You suffer minor damages to front lines vehicles, but take no losses and only a few of your troops are wounded.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:04 pm

The Imperial Space Navy wrote:The Imperial Ground Legion will now officially begin 'The Grand Crusade' to pacify Syria and bring them into the civilized world. My forces will be equally split into three groups. Group 1 will charge through the middle of Syria in a phalanx formation, with Groups 2 and 3 flanking it around the borders in a pincer formation, effectively punching a hole through the Syrian forces, then crushing them like a skull between a vice. I expect this operation to go off without a hitch. Even though it's within the O.O.C. controlled territory of Paradisio, they have never truly cared to retaliate against attacks on the unproductive fringes of the Middle East. As well, the Navy will be diverting it's bombardment to where it is always a few miles ahead of my forces, allowing for maximum effectiveness against the enemy, and clearing away anything the enemy might try and bring into the fight. A detatchment of half my Independence vessels will also be breaking off to do hit and run bombardments along the coastlines and make it's way to Lebanon where it will aid in Sylvanna's invasion. Finally, the SR-71's I have grounded in the Emerald Coast will be launched to participate in this offensive, making tactical, deep-strikes with napalm.

Music for effect:
Ground forces- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_QlevAFnuU
Navy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgajEj0 ... Uu-qgG4R4A
Air Force- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLo3-e3cZKQ

I successfully manage to push across Syria and bring civilization to these unholy beasts. I suffer some minor damages, and the loss of a single tank that foolishly plowed ahead, though no deaths were suffered. With Syria pacified, I prepare to move on to Lebanon and join with the Sylvannian forces.

Glarauch
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glarauch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:50 am

My nation will be buying 4 KC-10's for $88.4 million each, $353.6 million total

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/FactSheets/Display/tabid/224/Article/104520/kc-10-extender.aspx

(Website for reference)

I will also be purchasing a Nimitz- Class Aircraft Carrier for $4.5 billion

Our military will also start training four reinforced platoons of 75 men each. They will be the Glarauch special forces. (Can't think of an actual name really)
Last edited by Glarauch on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:29 pm

The Imperial Space Navy wrote:
Sylvanna wrote:The city of Tripoli, within Lebanon, has been taken, with the uncivilised populace of Lebanon unable to match up against modern weaponry and technology. Sylvanna's navy will begin patrolling the coast of this heathen nation, bombarding cities as it does so, including the capitol of Beirut. Our ground troops will begin their march from Tripoli, and will begin the taking of northern Lebaon. Sylvanna will be deploying its airforce to patrol, besiege, bomb, and decimate southern Lebanon. This will require significant resources to rebuild this area after the Holy Lands are conquered, but it assures little to no survivors to retaliate or revolt.

You are aided in this by the Independence vessels of the I.C. and easily bowl across Lebanon. You suffer minor damages to front lines vehicles, but take no losses and only a few of your troops are wounded.

With Lebanon pacified and Syria civilised, Sylvanna's forces will be moving in a joint military operation with the I.C. to take the nation of Jordan, the last target before the prize of Israel. The two forces will meet up in the city of Damascus, Syria, and march south to the major city of Amman, "pacifying" other towns and villages as they go.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

With Lebanon pacified and Syria civilised, Sylvanna's forces will be moving in a joint military operation with the I.C. to take the nation of Jordan, the last target before the prize of Israel. The two forces will meet up in the city of Damascus, Syria, and march south to the major city of Amman, "pacifying" other towns and villages as they go.

I rendezvous with the Sylvannian forces in Damascus and prepare to march for Amman.

Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Commandin Pillotusan forces are advancing into Midmer territory. Commissioning the construction of 58,000,000 HMMWV troop transports, unarmored ($65,000 per unit). Once the main attacking force has been dealt with (still waiting for them to meet our forces) we will sweep through, destroying resistance and sticking to rules of engagement.
Hello, I see you're reading this. If you're running an RP and you need some help getting players, post a request here!

For reference, I'd like to say that I'm in the Central Standard time zone.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Commandin Pillotus wrote:Commandin Pillotusan forces are advancing into Midmer territory. Commissioning the construction of 58,000,000 HMMWV troop transports, unarmored ($65,000 per unit). Once the main attacking force has been dealt with (still waiting for them to meet our forces) we will sweep through, destroying resistance and sticking to rules of engagement.

You clash with the Khan sooner than expected. It seems that he was lying in wait for you. While his surprise attack, consisting of many T-72's and Fireflies, along with some minor artillery and RPG's, is damaging to you, it is by no means crippling. You lose about a dozen pieces of armor and a few squads of infantry before annihilating the surprise attack force and driving the main one a few miles back up the Mississippi River. The enemy is severely damaged and on the run, and even if they escape there is no recovering from the damage you've dealt.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Sylvanna wrote:
"He's doing well, to my knowledge. This is his fourth, official campaign. I think he'll be fine. He's never lost a fight before."

"Hmm, I have no doubt that you are right in that assumption. I'm quite glad my father isn't the one leading Sylvanna's forces. We would have lost before even landing. Princess Victoria, however...now there is a military tactician. So long as she's in charge, things should be fine, but no doubt our lovably reckless brother will be making rash decisions all across the board. Hopefully things go well..."

I grin at the prince and hum a short bit of our national anthem. "Lord Enbora might challenge that claim if he were still alive. My father is far too modest for his own good. Though I am sure that you'll see his tactical prowess soon enough. As for that Queen, war and slaughter is not a game for women. Politics is where females should play their pieces." I wave and follow Mac Duff.

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

I rendezvous with the Sylvannian forces in Damascus and prepare to march for Amman.

The march begins, with scouts sent ahead to insure there are no surprises. Syria quickly fades away into Jordan, where the joint armies begin to run into trouble with the native population that had watched as Lebanon and Syria fell. However, these are uncultured, uncivilised lands, and as such the opposition on the way to Amman is fairly weak. The city itself, however, is well prepared, more so than even the capitol, and will be a tough nut to crack...at first. The natives consider this to be the city with the best chance of defending the country, and as such all of the country's fighting force are found waiting for the Crusaders.

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Sylvanna wrote:
"Hmm, I have no doubt that you are right in that assumption. I'm quite glad my father isn't the one leading Sylvanna's forces. We would have lost before even landing. Princess Victoria, however...now there is a military tactician. So long as she's in charge, things should be fine, but no doubt our lovably reckless brother will be making rash decisions all across the board. Hopefully things go well..."

I grin at the prince and hum a short bit of our national anthem. "Lord Enbora might challenge that claim if he were still alive. My father is far too modest for his own good. Though I am sure that you'll see his tactical prowess soon enough. As for that Queen, war and slaughter is not a game for women. Politics is where females should play their pieces." I wave and follow Mac Duff.

The Prince sighs at being left behind so quickly, "Women...Strange creatures, all of them. Anyways, Sir Titan, I'm growing bored. The King is off flirting, and no one else is even remotely interesting at this time. What say you? Any suggestions on how to alleviate this boredom?"

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

The Prince sighs at being left behind so quickly, "Women...Strange creatures, all of them. Anyways, Sir Titan, I'm growing bored. The King is off flirting, and no one else is even remotely interesting at this time. What say you? Any suggestions on how to alleviate this boredom?"

"Well sir, I do tend to love a good game of 'bash the heretic skulls open in the name of the Emperor', as well as 'gut the filthy spy with a rusty knife and choke him with is own innards', but I don't think either of those are options right now. I also like shooting things or hacking away at them with my sword. Did I mention that I like skull bashing?"

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

The march begins, with scouts sent ahead to insure there are no surprises. Syria quickly fades away into Jordan, where the joint armies begin to run into trouble with the native population that had watched as Lebanon and Syria fell. However, these are uncultured, uncivilized lands, and as such the opposition on the way to Amman is fairly weak. The city itself, however, is well prepared, more so than even the capitol, and will be a tough nut to crack...at first. The natives consider this to be the city with the best chance of defending the country, and as such all of the country's fighting force are found waiting for the Crusaders.

I order my Air Corp to strafe the city with napalm relentlessly, while my Paladin tanks and Abrams bombard it without mercy. I intend to do this until tea time or the city is leveled, whichever comes first, then invade it with my troops. In the event that there is resistance, I have had my troops encircle the city entirely and equip themselves with riot shields and shotguns, and have ordered them to move in a testudo.

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

"Well sir, I do tend to love a good game of 'bash the heretic skulls open in the name of the Emperor', as well as 'gut the filthy spy with a rusty knife and choke him with is own innards', but I don't think either of those are options right now. I also like shooting things or hacking away at them with my sword. Did I mention that I like skull bashing?"

"While I'll admit a rusty knife is all the more pleasant for the pain it causes, the beauty of clean steel suddenly coated in blood can never be fully matched. Ah, but these are activities that aren't meant for polite company, such as this party. But they do sound fun, I'll grant you that. Hmm...I'm sure we can think of something to do." The Prince gives the Titan a mischievous grin and a light chuckle.

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Sylvanna wrote:
The march begins, with scouts sent ahead to insure there are no surprises. Syria quickly fades away into Jordan, where the joint armies begin to run into trouble with the native population that had watched as Lebanon and Syria fell. However, these are uncultured, uncivilized lands, and as such the opposition on the way to Amman is fairly weak. The city itself, however, is well prepared, more so than even the capitol, and will be a tough nut to crack...at first. The natives consider this to be the city with the best chance of defending the country, and as such all of the country's fighting force are found waiting for the Crusaders.

I order my Air Corp to strafe the city with napalm relentlessly, while my Paladin tanks and Abrams bombard it without mercy. I intend to do this until tea time or the city is leveled, whichever comes first, then invade it with my troops. In the event that there is resistance, I have had my troops encircle the city entirely and equip themselves with riot shields and shotguns, and have ordered them to move in a testudo.

The Sylvannan military acts as patrols and guards so as to prevent barbarians from backstabbing I.C. forces. As this is done, fighter jets are sent south along with multiple contingents of ground forces in order to make clean up after Amman's fall easier. Once the proud capitol of Jordan, the government, after many falls and revolutions and finally the insertion of an O.O.C. puppet government, moved from Amman to Petra, where Sylvannan forces are prepared to eliminate any and all members of this heathen power structure.

In the meantime, Princess Victoria, leader of Sylvanna's forces after the Crown Prince left for the Motherland for an 'emergency', has decided to invite the Emperor to share this most entertaining of tea times with.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

"While I'll admit a rusty knife is all the more pleasant for the pain it causes, the beauty of clean steel suddenly coated in blood can never be fully matched. Ah, but these are activities that aren't meant for polite company, such as this party. But they do sound fun, I'll grant you that. Hmm...I'm sure we can think of something to do." The Prince gives the Titan a mischievous grin and a light chuckle.

"Lead on then, sir. I presume you have a location in mind, no?"

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

The Sylvannan military acts as patrols and guards so as to prevent barbarians from backstabbing I.C. forces. As this is done, fighter jets are sent south along with multiple contingents of ground forces in order to make clean up after Amman's fall easier. Once the proud capitol of Jordan, the government, after many falls and revolutions and finally the insertion of an O.O.C. puppet government, moved from Amman to Petra, where Sylvannan forces are prepared to eliminate any and all members of this heathen power structure.

In the meantime, Princess Victoria, leader of Sylvanna's forces after the Crown Prince left for the Motherland for an 'emergency', has decided to invite the Emperor to share this most entertaining of tea times with.

I place my finest set of tea dishes out on the top of my tank, along with a portable, self-heating kettle, and some vintage Da Hong Pao tea leaves to brew. I as well light up a cigar, slowly and deeply inhaling it's rancid flavor, savoring every last bit of it. Once my table is set up, I move my things there and begin to prepare my tea when the Princess walks over. "Ah, Princess, decided to join me in tea time, I see. How are you enjoying the battle? I'm thoroughly disappointed with it."

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

"Hmm, well, there are quite a few interesting nooks and crannies to explore in this building, isn't that so? Why not go exploring with me?" The Prince's smile widens, both teasing and flirtatious.

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

I place my finest set of tea dishes out on the top of my tank, along with a portable, self-heating kettle, and some vintage Da Hong Pao tea leaves to brew. I as well light up a cigar, slowly and deeply inhaling it's rancid flavor, savoring every last bit of it. Once my table is set up, I move my things there and begin to prepare my tea when the Princess walks over. "Ah, Princess, decided to join me in tea time, I see. How are you enjoying the battle? I'm thoroughly disappointed with it."

"I must admit the same. I was expecting at least a few losses, maybe some surprise tactics from the infidels...but no. Easily crushed, like ants. I have heard Israel is much more...interesting. Almost on par with civilised technology, so our intel tells me. Add to the fact that we can't simply destroy the grand prize of Jerusalem, it should provide at least slightly more entertainment. I'm quite disappointed though, as his Holiness has instructed us to avoid destroying the Dome of the Rock or the Church of the Holy Sepulchre anymore than they've already been damaged by the past century's turmoil. The Church, I understand, but the old Muslim symbol of power? Hmm. That tea smells heavenly by the way. An Asian blend of some sort? It's been quite awhile since our merchants have gotten their hands on tea from the East." The Princess takes a seat, watching the battle unfold with barely concealed boredom.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

"I must admit the same. I was expecting at least a few losses, maybe some surprise tactics from the infidels...but no. Easily crushed, like ants. I have heard Israel is much more...interesting. Almost on par with civilised technology, so our intel tells me. Add to the fact that we can't simply destroy the grand prize of Jerusalem, it should provide at least slightly more entertainment. I'm quite disappointed though, as his Holiness has instructed us to avoid destroying the Dome of the Rock or the Church of the Holy Sepulchre anymore than they've already been damaged by the past century's turmoil. The Church, I understand, but the old Muslim symbol of power? Hmm. That tea smells heavenly by the way. An Asian blend of some sort? It's been quite awhile since our merchants have gotten their hands on tea from the East." The Princess takes a seat, watching the battle unfold with barely concealed boredom.

"You have a good nose. This tea is considered to be the finest in the world. I bought literal tons of the stuff when I was in Eastern Asia during the Invasion of the F.P.A.C. and haven't run out of it since. I try not to drink it too often, but it's a guilty pleasure to say the least, and I often find myself fixing a cup or seventeen late at night." I lift the lid of the kettle to get a better smell. It's absolutely intoxicating. "As for Jerusalem, if you want it intact then I will leave its capture in your hands. Bluntly put, my tactics have a tendency to not leave buildings standing or people alive. Although you should know about that very well. I did annihilate your people and their territory twice. Nothing personal, mind you, just following orders." I kick back in my chair and finish my cigar, putting it out in the palm of my hand and tossing it into the sand.

The Imperial Space Navy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Space Navy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

"Hmm, well, there are quite a few interesting nooks and crannies to explore in this building, isn't that so? Why not go exploring with me?" The Prince's smile widens, both teasing and flirtatious.

"Well, it would be unwise to leave someone so important to go exploring by himself. I think it only right that I accompany you to ensure your... safety." He replaces his helmet and prepares to follow you.

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

"You have a good nose. This tea is considered to be the finest in the world. I bought literal tons of the stuff when I was in Eastern Asia during the Invasion of the F.P.A.C. and haven't run out of it since. I try not to drink it too often, but it's a guilty pleasure to say the least, and I often find myself fixing a cup or seventeen late at night." I lift the lid of the kettle to get a better smell. It's absolutely intoxicating. "As for Jerusalem, if you want it intact then I will leave its capture in your hands. Bluntly put, my tactics have a tendency to not leave buildings standing or people alive. Although you should know about that very well. I did annihilate your people and their territory twice. Nothing personal, mind you, just following orders." I kick back in my chair and finish my cigar, putting it out in the palm of my hand and tossing it into the sand.

"Tea is a minor passion of mine, truly the only feminine activity my mother could ever impress upon me was tea parties. A nice oolong or Earl Grey... Simply divine. If only our traders could easily make deals with the Asian powers. Hmm, you're right about your tactics, Jerusalem will require a bit more...finesse. I suppose it's only proper, as the Crusade was launched by Sylvanna, so I suppose it should be our prize to take." The Princess flicks her gaze to her nails, boredly sniffing at the intoxicating aroma of tea. "As for your annihilation of Sylvanna's people, it can hardly be helped. When powers rise, they must make shows of power. It is simply the way things are done. Although, the destruction of Madrid, even after it has been rebuilt, is a touchy subject. But that is simply the way the wheels of the world turn." The Princess glances to the burning city and sighs. "A pity really, that there is so little effort involved in their destruction. A little fight would be good sport."

Sylvanna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Sylvanna wrote:

"Well, it would be unwise to leave someone so important to go exploring by himself. I think it only right that I accompany you to ensure your... safety." He replaces his helmet and prepares to follow you.

"Glad you see it my way! Now, which way to go..." The Prince leads the way to one of many hallways branching from the ballroom, no one noticing his departure or the hulking Titan following him. "Any suggestions as to what areas to explore? These all look like private chambers of some sort, so I'm not sure if we're allowed in... But where's the fun in that!" The Prince throws yet another flirtatious smile at the Titan, even more blatant than the last.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents