NATION

PASSWORD

Enkon Awakens (CLOSED. Please start new thread for UCON.)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Darkwater Irons, the nation's oldest shipmaker, has acquired Iron Ore Holdings Inc for A$19.2 billion Ajers in cash and stock. Iron Ore Holdings is an Ajerrin company mainly in the steel and mining industry, centered in the northern New Jersay city of Robiline. Iron Ore Holdings is the fourth largest steel company in Ajerrin and the third largest mining company in Ajerrin according to the Federal Metal Bulletin. The majority of the company’s stock belongs to Johann Schuldt and the Schuldt family. Iron Ore Holdings owns major industrial facilities in the UFA, Mare Solis, Athretvari and Blacaria. The company also has mining assets in the UFA, Ivstinian, Mare Solis and Cyrellican, securing its supply of raw materials.

Iron Ore Holdings also owns the Boston RedSox, a professional baseball club which plays in the Federal Baseball League.

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

A Fire In The Dark

Postby Ajerrin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:40 pm

President Ali’iloa woke from the knock on the door and was summoned to the Federal briefing room in the middle of the night. The mid-night knocks have been consistent throughout his years as President but this one seemed more urgent than the rest. The walk to the briefing room across the Palace was eerily quiet.

As the door opened, several men stood in full dress with a look of grief on their faces.

“What’s wrong… this doesn’t look good. Johan?

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Army General Johan Brissdorf stood first. “Sir, we have multiple crisis in Ajerrin and East Ajerrin. We’ve tracked multiple objects coming out of orbit on a direct course to UFA territory. We’re getting reports that some have already hit,” fumbling through his tablet he said, “Tishwin, Nixton Hills and Ghray.”

Stunned at the news, “What do you mean multiple objects, General?”

Sitting at the end of the table looking over various reports, Chief of Staff Halio Akimu picks up a tablet and shouts “We’ve just got a report from our Commonwealth friends that warns us Arcadian ships have been destroyed in orbit above the planet and could be hitting the planet momentarily.”

“Thanks. Great timing,” a senior aide chuckles.

The President shakes his head, “How large are these objects?”

“Our sensors have spotted hundreds of objects entering Enkonian atmosphere, some we expect to burn in atmosphere, but several as big as a Noble carrier.” General Parks confirmed.

“A Noble?!? Ho shit, Weston. Where will it land? We can’t destroy this thing mid-air, right? No, that would cause more damage to the areas… Call the State Presidents, have them aware. I want to know where each one lands and what the damage is when it happens.”

“Protocols are in place, sir. Everyone has been notified.” General Brissdorf said sternly.

Akimu picks up a tablet and flips his hand up the screen. A holoprojection starts in the middle of the table. “Looks like we can put this one on the list now.”

“...and from what I see here Frosson, several square blocks are on fire. There are people walking around with lacerations, bloody as can be. But from my vantage point, there will be more casualties than I care to estimate. Emergency Medical are attempting to get to the scene but are have difficultly in reaching the center of the explosion, which from all estimates are three to four blocks in. Residents of Tishwin told me they saw shooting stars burning in the sky before realizing those stars were coming straight for them…”

“Here’s another…”

The holoprojection changes.

Pictures of chaos and destruction from a high vantage point, likely a helicopter stand on the table for all to see. A downtown city in ruin. Hundreds of buildings leveled and on fire. Dozens of blocks of land completely barren, as explosions pop up every few seconds in random areas.

“…at approximately 2:50 residents claim they saw shooting stars or comet trails coming from the west. Then at 3:04am, approximately five minutes ago, the Tolis Towers and Groton Buildings were struck by a huge object from space and did… this. We have no confirmation this was a comet, a shooting star, a nuclear explosion, or a terrorist attack on the Federation, but we do know millions are dead. Millions…”

If anyone was standing in the room they weren’t now.

An aid said, “President Brewer lived in one of the Tolis Towers, sir. Vice-President Ulbrict needs to be notified. I believe he was speaking in front of Parliament at Redstone today."

“Bring us up one bar, General Brissdorf. Get the 2nd Army on blast and get them there now. Pull ships and troops from Kogson and Tusen for support. Call the Red Coral and the Red Cross, we’ll need their help too. Find Ulbrict. Bring him here. We’ll need him sworn in and on a plane back to East Ajerrin before sunrise. Akimu, get me five minutes on the networks within the next thirty. I want an update before then.”

Akimu stood looking at his tablet once more, “Mr.President there is one more report coming in, though its coming from the Nixon Hills State Forestry Division."

"Figure it out and get back to me, Akimu.”

Everyone rose slowly as the President stood and walked out the door.

“This is going to test us all,” he said as a tear shed down his face.

Unibearia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Fire from the Skies Pt.2

Postby Unibearia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Just as Yuri makes his way up the stair case, a loud sonic boom erupts. His ears are ringing, some of his body guard are bleeding from their ears. He turns and looks at Commander Felix when a bright orange light explodes from west. His hearing is coming back. He tells Felix to get on it.

Fortress Resolution:

UI-24's are preparing for take off.

Alpha One: This Alpha one, requesting take off

Control: Roger, take off granted. Alpha one, your mission is to locate crash site A.

Alpha One: Roger

3 UI-24's take off and make their way west towards the supposed crash of a UFO. They are loaded with standard ground-to-air missiles and a 24MM auto-cannon.

Alpha one making their way to the Objective:

Alpha One: Control, this is Alpha One, We are seeing a large cloud of smoke. Permission to Investigate?

Control: Permission Granted Alpha One.

Alpha One:Roger

When the Pilot of UI-24 see's the monstrosity of a crash he is sceptical at what he see's.

Alpha One: By the gods! What is that thing? Control! Send reinforcements, I have confirmed a Spaceship has crashed. I repeat, Crash Site Bravo is a Spaceship crash. The vessel is broken in multiple large sections and is on fire. Control, do you copy?

Control: Affirmative Alpha One, we copy. Return to base, troops will be sent to further investigate the Crash Site Bravo.

Alpha One: Roger, returning to base.

Royal Palace:

Felix storms the Throne room.

"It's a spaceship! I knew it! Do I have permission to send troops to investigate further?" Felix asks

"Of course you do! Get to it!" Yuri Chuckles
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"
Population: ~25 Billion
Size: 3 Planetary Systems

UNABORRYA IZ BEST NATION!!!! BROLARRHHH!!!!
Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.15
Personality type: INTP-T

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

A Night They Will Never Forget

Postby Ajerrin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:41 pm

State Forestry Chair Franz Gohiz drove down the road windows wide open and the radio silent, along with two State trooper vehicles attempting to catch up. Their lights and sirens warn everyone within earshot to get out of the way. It’s been a rough night for the Chairman. Today his sister Lizabeth was wed in a beautiful ceremony in Nixton Hills City to her childhood sweetheart, Captain Lockwood Kilcher, a ranger for the Nixon Hills Forestry Division. The night was filled with laughter, drinking and tons of dancing.

Until the Chairman received a phone call at 2am that brought him pale with dread.

Within minutes the Chairman and Captain Kilcher were in a car driving to Sector 3A-2 in Nixon Hills State Park, around 100 miles west from the city itself. The sector itself was filled with low rolling hills, filled with timber but without a soul.

It was only after they passed the City line that State troopers followed suit, pushing traffic out of the way. The night sky illuminated over the forest and above the hills as Franz and Lockwood got closer to their destination.

Something was not right. The smell of ash and pine mixed with burning steel blew through the car.

Then they saw car lights and caution tape, along with men securing the road on top of the hill.

“Sir, I think you need to see this.”

Walking out of his car, Chairman Franz Gohiz and Lockwood Kilcher walked uphill, past the caution tape and towards two other men. Standing on the bend of the road and looking down into the valley, brought their hair to stand on end.

“Wha…What…How did that…Oh shit, Kilcher! What is that,” the Chairman stood frozen in fright and amazement.

What looked to be the remnants of gigantic space craft sat in the a valley of Nixton Hills, with the surrounding forestland ablaze.

Chairman Gohiz covered his face for a second and took a deep breath. The hangover that was long gone in head started to sneak back on him fast. He realized this was a situation outside of his control. He needed help and fast.

“Get me the President. We need this area secured. No one gets in or out. You hear me Kilcher! NO ONE GETS IN OR OUT!”

With Kilcher already on the phone making calls to secure the area both men knew this was a night that would never be forgotten. His new bride, on the other hand, might not forgive who ever brought that ship in-between her and her new groom on their wedding night.

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

The Front and Back of the Aftermath

Postby Ajerrin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:35 am

It's been nearly three days since the skies rained fire, metal and death. The city of Ghray lay in ruin, with nearly a square mile completely flattened from the pieces of ship that hit the ground like a nuclear bomb.

Vice President Ulbrict was sworn in as East Ajerrin's President and led his people not just to morn the millions lost but to be the strength for the tens of millions who survived. The Coalition-Federation Red Cross started collaboration with the Second Army to count the dead and help the wounded, while maintaining law and order.

President Ulbrict has been highly visible in the aftermath, coordinating the response of various departments while organizing the support of State and Federal authorities for the site and for restoration of destroyed infrastructure. The state President has been to funerals and worked in the food lines helping those in need., all the while making sure every media outlet on Enkon knew of what happened on that fateful night.

---------

President Ali'iloa walked into the briefing room with a purpose.

"Alright, bring me up to speed General "

Intelligence Director General Rufus Sicular stood out of respect and then proceeded to hand over a tablet before the lights went down.

"My team has secured the area and put a 50 mile no-fly zone surrounding the craft. We have enough defenses there to swat a housefly and destroy an Army if need be."

A holoimage of the wreckage stood at the center of the table. Specs of the wreckage popped up at every point while the image slowed moved on different axis points.

Its been nearly two hundred years since the Ajerrin government controlled a space fleet. The CONSA ships that were part of the old Alliance on Silva six hundred years ago were more than what any nation alone could put together, but this ship was nearly twice the size of the biggest carrier and looked like it had more firepower than any CONSA battleship, pre- or post-great nuclear war.

"The ship is of human construction and Arcadian in design," the General said.

"You're sure?"

"Orichalcum hulls. It surpasses any ship construction I've seen. The engines are completely destroyed, but a few of the core systems on the ship have been engaged and are responding. For how long I'm not sure, but we already have nano-bots stripping as much information as we can. I can say we've certainly found a few surprises, including the amount of dead on the wreckage."

Surprised at the thought, "Dead?"

"It appears the ship was destroyed from the inside out. There were minor hull breaches but we can't find a penetration point that would have done this. Its engines could have given out, like a plane would fall from the sky, but... this ship... in this condition... this is something I've never seen or heard of before."

"It's remarkable," gasped the President.

"Don't get me wrong sir, you're never going to get this thing off the ground but it can be salvaged. I'm sure we could use some of this technology along with what we've been working on to create a more modern version..."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Rufus. Continue the collection of data. I'll see if our Commonwealth friends can give us some more insight into what we've got in our hands."
Last edited by Ajerrin on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Troubled times

Postby Unibearia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:25 am

Entry 23 of Sargent Roka Kurov's personal Journal:
We have been sent here to fight the NVA (North Vvardeni Army) and yet all we do is wait. We just sit at base camp and sing songs of old and challenge each other to to see who is better at fighting hand-to-hand. Trucks with the X.D. arms logo come here by the hundreds to supply us with ammo and a new weapon called the FLM-23 'Napalm thrower'.
Instructors show the engineers how to use it. One guy, Derril Jovot, had his explode right in his hands. He basically melted. He had a wife and 3 kids at home in Juvolsgrad. Poor guy. Most of the men here are fresh graduates from the military academy. They have no idea what to expect. The Wolf Guard teach them the most they can on how act when things go crazy. One said "In battle, all you will hear is the sound of gun fire, explosions and men screaming. If you get separated, you always have your radio. Use it, it will save your life." They never thought us how to use a radio in the academy, only the engineers did and yet now every one is getting one? Our commanders keep yapping about modernisation of the military but we need training in these new modernised machines and equipment. I have a feeling we aren't going to go into battle any time soon. We are just to unorganised. Hopefully the Wolf Guard can teach these recruits the best they can, they're going to need it. I have also heard rumours that a space ship has crashed not far from our capital, Rovstad. Some say the Gods have given us a gift and others say it's an Arcadian Invasion. Nonetheless, I wish I could see my dear Yuna. I love very much. It's the only thing I think about now. I sent her 3 letters and I haven't received any back. I wonder if she is alright. Sargent Roka Kurov signing out.
Last edited by Unibearia on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:35 am

Report from the front!
GDC Forces have made substantial headway in the last five days. The Blue line is the current front line while the red line shows unit objectives.
After only five days, the GDC has blitzed across the open Countropian plains and some Corps have already arrive at their targets. Here is an update on the War of Countropian Liberation.

Forces arrive in Ailburg
The Aeon Supreme Fleet arrived in Ailburg with the Aeon Expeditionary Corps this morning. Nearly all sectors of the city have been occupied without any communist forces found. In the northern suburbs of the city however, roughly two thousand communist troops have entrenched themselves in houses and department stores. The Aeon Expeditionary Corps has orders to remove the forces without substantial damage to houses. The river, however, is secure and the Aeon Supreme Fleet has begun to sail through it in order to blockade the eastern coast of Countropia.
A Destroyer and a submarine pass through the narrow locks of the city portion of the river
The Aeon Expeditionary Corps will advance to Duna after removing the communist forces in the suburbs.

Seige of New Citopia
After having been captured by communist forces nearly a week ago, the city of New Citopia has been in a state of civil war. Law enforcement hold half the city in the south while communists hold the north. The Aeon 1st Corps is tasked with pushing the communists out of the city. The first phase of the siege is to soften up enemy defensive positions and hit supply depots. The Aeon Air Legion 1 has already flown nearly 200 sorties on communist targets. Bombers are not allowed to bomb anything within residential areas or commercial, however ports and industrial zones have been hit hard.
A bomb from a GDC jet hits a communist convoy.
Artillery has also been used to great effect.
An assault gun opens fire on communist positions.

Amphibious landing at Tocarton
The 10th Fleet landed the Serton Home Army at Tocarton today without resistance. Tocarton was under martial law for the last two weeks and there has been only one attack on the city by communist forces launched from Encarton which was repelled. Tocarton is a very important strategic city for the Liberation of the island of Oeston due to it having the largest port on the island. Troops were surprised when they were welcomed by crowds on the wharfs of the massive port. City officials pleaded to be flown to Serton and wanted to discuss the future of the island with GDC government. The Serton Home Army will have no rest however, and will have to secure the cities of Asperdeburg and Oeston before attacking the island of Encarton.
Last edited by Earth Empire on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 82 percent are more extremist than you.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%
You are a centrist moderate social authoritarian.
Right: 0.66, Authoritarian: 1.34

We all bleed red

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

UWK Officially joins SCG

Postby Unibearia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:34 am

UWK-NNS

King Yuri signs SCG charter!

Earlier today, our king has signed a charter that will fully implement us in the Southern Cooperation Group or 'SCG' for short. This is another turning point for The United Wolfish Kingdom. There's not much to say now but we will be watching and will keep you posted on further updates.

Invasion or crash?

Some time last week, many citizens of Rovstad heard a sonic boom and have seen a something fall from from the skies. The General of the UWK military is addressing the matter now:

Commander Felix:
There is nothing to worry about. This might be seen as vague but there is nothing to worry about. We have visual confirmation that this was a crash and not an invasion. We have also been warned by the Arcadian Commonwealth. I have sent a reconnaissance squad to further investigate the site and make sure it is safe to send more. We have also tracked another ship and it will be crashing near LAB North East. I have notified the Commander in chief of LAB North East and they will investigate it when the second vessel will crash. In the terms of what we will do with the ships, we will most likely scrap the ship for its technology, military hardware, weapons systems and its armour. If any of the computer components still work, we will see what we can find. With the recent mobilisation of the Military and this unsightful event, I have come to the conclusion that the Trans-Unibearian Railway will be halted until further notice.

That is all for now folks. This is Derp Derpson and have a good one!
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 am

From invasion to support
Northern New Citopia-Most of the northern parts of the islands have been captured by either USS or GDC forces.After the occupations the USS forces have began to support The GDC attacks further south.The 1st explanatory force has began attacking the communist in New Citopia from the North.This has put the communist in a crossfire between the USS forces and police forces in the south. The only USS air craft carriers located itself north of the city and also begun to further bombard the communist in the city. Being attacked from both the north and the south It's only a matter of time before the communists in the New Citopian capital surrender.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:36 am

Parliament approves bill to join the SCG
The GDC Parliament approved the bill of joining the Southern Cooperation Group. The GDC is willing to be an active and loyal member of the SCG and is extremely interested in the trade benefits. For quite some time, the south has had issues with civil wars and now that the region is stable, the GDC is happy to aid the nations in rebuilding and in commerce.
You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 82 percent are more extremist than you.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Onza
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

I Could Make You Care, Part II

Postby Onza » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:46 am

Breaking News Report

AQQAK, ONZA - Unconfirmed reports are coming from the highway south of Aqqak that a very large government convoy has been spotted transporting several, extremely large pieces of debris that appears to be a very large meteorite. No statement was released to the media indicating that a meteor strike had occurred, though space-watchers at the University of Akhmis did note something "bizarre," that occurred.

"Our radars picked up on some very large pieces of something falling from the sky - likely a meteorite with a large iron content," said one of those space-watchers, Junayd Tayeb. "It is rather unusual for them to be so large, though I'm certain that it is a very naturally occurring phenomena."

Witnesses noted that they were told not to take photography of the convoy, nor were they to get too close to the trucks carrying the various pieces of the space object. However, a witness of the convoy stated his account:

"It was massive - several trucks were needed to carry just one piece of it. It was industrial grade equipment, and armed police forces were walking alongside the vehicles as they were all moving very slow," said the witness, whose identity is being undisclosed. "I was going to take a picture when an officer ran over to me and told me that photography of the convoy was prohibited, and he went on to ask something like 'what if this is something relevant to national security? You wouldn't want to be responsible for leaking that.'"

Other witnesses report having seen or heard the crash.

"My whole family saw it. We were driving down the highway after a trip to visit family living in Midgar when we saw a bright light get progressively brighter and brighter before slamming into the nearby sands. It made an awful screeching noise as it crashed, and you could see the lights from miles, I'm sure," said another witness, who asked to be referred to as Hatim.

This account adds up, as several people in the city of Aqqak themselves who happened to be looking to the skies noticed a very large "shooting star," which they all noted was abnormally shaped and sized. However, even upon hearing these accounts, the University of Akhmis researchers maintained their official prediction that the object was, indeed, a very large meteorite.

While no fatalities or injuries have been reported, it is possible that the government is waiting to release any body counts until after families have been informed. However, this is purely speculation.

A brief analysis of the site of the impact from a helicopter reveals that a massive crater has been left in its place. While there were no buildings there, it is unknown if people may have suffered from the shock wave that inevitably occurred. Some reports of broken glass and toppled street signs have come from the small desert town of Khemun just west of the impact zone. Several cleanup teams are currently present in the crater working to clean up whatever it was that crashed down from the cosmos.

No official statement on the origin of the impact has been made available, though it is likely that one will be heard soon.

--------------------------------------------------

In the Emergency Briefing Room, Akhmis, Onza

Just one night had passed since Yasin Khaleel had to summon the President's team of advisers to the very room that he now sat in, though no sleep had been earned back since the cruel awakening. All throughout the cold night he remained in his office, where he had worked diligently to compile a list of potential uses of the technology found on the crashed ship on an index card. He found himself in a predicament, thanks to Khalil Sayyid, the President's top adviser, and technically his boss. Just hours earlier, during the initial meeting, Sayyid had proposed that the ship's remains be sent back to the Commonwealth, though Khaleel knew how stupid such an idea was. One, the Commonwealth wouldn't even want it, and two, the Emirates would be sacrificing a great deal of technological potential in doing so.

Anti-war sentiments were still very strong in Onza after the bloody fallout on Endiyu that resulted directly from the Great War 600 years ago. It didn't matter the potential uranium had to provide cheap, clean, infinite energy to the country - it was once associated with nuclear weapons, so it would never see the time of day in Onza. He understood where people came from with these rejections, but he himself had also begun to question their efficacy. How long would the nation hold itself back specifically because it was fearful of technology that simply could be re-purposed for the purpose of warfare. By that logic, cars could even be tied into the war, or the nation's anti-ICBM system.

His hopeless thoughts were interrupted by the rest of the staff, followed by President Lamar, entering the room and seating themselves. Khaleel looked at the time and realized that he had forgot that their next meeting would be at this time to discuss all that had happened since the initial arrival of the news of the incident.

"Good morning again, gentlemen," began André Lamar, "and I'm glad to see none of us have died from exhaustion." Everyone laughed at the refreshing bit of dark comedy. "Now, we need to get down to business. I want a detailed briefing report from each of you as to what has been accomplished and ascertained in the time since we last gathered in this room to discuss this very matter."

The President was always likable person, at least to Khaleel. He was serious when it was needed, and funny when it wasn't. He could also be counted on for virtually anything, and anybody that knew him personally knew that he harbored a deep passion for helping other people. However, right now was a serious time, and the clarity and concision of his statement indicated that the time for serious business had arrived, and that several hours of unacknowledged, though never unappreciated hard work was about to begin. The brief silence was ended immediately as Lamar gave his glance to the first adviser, I'timad Ridwan, who began to speak.

"Mr. President, since we adjourned our last meeting, I got in touch with trustworthy construction teams and called held a video conference with them for a briefing. I limited the details that I provided them with, but I made it clear that this was an issue of high importance, and that secrecy was an important matter right now. They got down to the crash site almost immediately and began working very carefully to load the chunks of the former ship onto very large transport trucks, where they are now en route to a government facility in the desert outside of Aqqak for further inspection."

Lamar was pleased. Just from hearing that one account, it would be easy to subscribe to the misconception that Ridwan had done the most work. It then came time for the next adviser, Mariam Surayya to speak.

"I've been working with I'timad," she began, "and I managed to get some of our science guys down to the site to run an initial analysis of the stuff as it was being loaded. Interestingly, the material the ship was made out of is unlike anything we've ever seen before."

"What sort of properties are we talking?" inquired Lamar.

"The outer coating is a very dense, lightweight, powerful metal that absorbed almost all of the impact with the sand. In addition, it is coated with some sort of polish that is highly heat-resistant, which kept the debris from burning up in the atmosphere. I'd also like to note that the entire crew of the portion of the ship is dead. We're still taking count, but over 50 have corpses have been found already."

It was wordless before Khalil Sayyid began to speak, cutting off the next advisers in line. "I'm sorry to cut to the chase, here, but we're running out time, and they've already all provided me with their briefings. To highlight the most important part, the systems aboard the ship were mostly offline, though we managed to briefly restore power to the sole surviving reactor, which resulted in several of the computers powering up. Their properties are profound and phenomenal - from just the small amount that we interacted with, the glass was stain proof and smudge resistant, incredibly lightweight, responsive to human touch, particle resistant, as they worked even with the ungodly amounts of sand that made its way into the cracks and crevices of the debris, and they also appear to have a recognition system, as we were only provided with limited access to the data on board, having been recognized by the system as a "guest."

The other advisers were visibly upset that Sayyid had hijacked their spotlight, but they understood why it was necessary. Khaleel, on the other hand, was not about to let it happen. "Mr. President," he began, "if I could have just one moment to note some things that I believe Mr. Sayyid left off..." He glanced around, hoping to receive a look of approval. When he was met with blank faces, he continued, "This technology is potentially revolutionary," he said, "We certainly won't be able to unlock the secrets to the computer systems for several years, but the hardware? The power core alone is capable of producing electricity for a large chunk of civilization for decades," he said, refusing to correct himself on the slight exaggeration.

Lamar appeared to contemplate what had been said for a moment. He smiled, and then responded. "You have a point, Khaleel, and I respect that. Let's get the ship to our location, and then we'll go down and see it firsthand, and then you can make your case."

It was exactly what Khaleel wanted to hear. He bought himself just the amount of time he needed. He knew that the Emirates was capable of doing the reverse engineering, he just had to make it happen.
Pro: Social Democracy, Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Humanitarianism, LGBTQ+ Rights, and Secular Humanism.
Anti: Donald Trump, Homophobia, Totalitarianism, Religious Indoctrination, and Corporatism.
Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.1
iiWiki|Factbook|Region

Promethius Prime
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Promethius Prime » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Top Headlines
Courtesy of

The ZetaResh News Corporation

Inspectors and Salvage Teams
Arrive in Ajerrin to Assist in
the Cleanup After Orbital
Catastrophe

"A series of teams under the coordination
of Professor Linus Kolthe of the CAF Tech
and Development Division have arrived in
Ajerrin to assist local authorities in the
cleanup and salvage operations following
the orbital catastrophe.
"

The Commonwealth Agrees to
Send Material and Humanitarian
Aid to Ajerrin

"Millions of troops are redeployed to affected
areas in Ajerrin to assist in disaster relief
efforts and the distribution of aid. They
will be joined by thousands of medical and
administrative personnel who will help to
resettle and reunite survivors.
"

The Commonwealth Extends an
Offer of Assistance to Onza After
Reports of Another Starship
Crash There Were Confirmed

"The CAF has confirmed that a 5th Rate
the IAS Star of Jobe has crashed in
Onzan territory and the Government
has extended a formal offer of aid.
"

New Investment in Orar Sees
Plans for Expansive Iron Mining
Realised

((ooc: Boosting Economy Index))
"With Orar now recognised among the
founding provinces following the defeat
of Imperial forces in Port Esper new
investment has flooded in.
"

Other Headlines
  • Orbital Shipyards Return to Enkon
  • CAF Denies Prior Knowledge or involvement
    in the orbital catastrophe.
  • Commander Saito Promoted to Vikaar.
IAS Tyrant of Thedes Crash Site - Ajerrin
A small detail of Commonwealth weapons inspectors and covert intelligence operatives working under the cover of salvage and tech staff for the inspectors had arrived on the scene of the crass only a few hours prior; the inspectors had immediately made direct contact with the Ajerri officials at the site to confirm their presence. All had come here above board and unarmed, this was a peaceful operation after all and the Ajerri were friends who had invited them to assist; the presence of the intelligence operatives was more a precaution to ensure that any dangerous technology or clues as to exactly what had caused the crash remained out of Ajerri hands. The inspectors were lead by Professor Linus Kolthe who had come accompanied by a representative from the CAF who also acted as a government liaison, Oberstleutnant Olivia Volkmann who had come in the same tough wearing jumpsuit that the other members of the team were wearing - having a CAF uniformed presence on the scene seemed inappropriate given the massive destruction caused by the IAS Tom Fischer and IAS Masser which had crashed onto populated areas.

Professor Linus Kolthe.
Volkmann's presence was to provide reassurance to the Ajerri that the Commonwealth took this situation very seriously, as a former military regime which was peacefully evolving into a democratic one most senior officials came from the military and the CAF remained a key source of public servants and educated professionals within the country. Not only that but her executive rank gave her some authority and made it clear that they were not just palming their good friends off with some second rate petty officer; being an Oberstleutnant also meant that she had a direct line to CAF Central Command and to the President if it was needed. Kolthe meanwhile was a former ZetaResh employee who had defected to the Commonwealth government Tech and Development Division shortly before the formal declaration of independence; he was an expert on Arcadian military technology and on the practical applications of much of the technology found inside these burning hulks.

The inspectors had already dispersed and integrated themselves into the Ajerri work teams who were trying to secure the site and make it safe; the salvage and tech experts, including the covert intelligence operatives, awaited the go-ahead from the Ajerri authorities before they too moved to join the salvage operation. This placed both Kolthe and Volkmann in the admin tent with the Ajerri officials who were overseeing the whole operation; upon their arrival they had made it clear that they were there only to discuss the particulars of this crash site and not the others, and also that they were in no way linked with the Commonwealth's wider response to the catastrophe. Additionally they had been careful to note that they were there to assist, advise and protect.

"Before we go too far I think it sensible to make myself clear on a few important points. Due to the military nature of this particular craft it carries some technology and materials which are potentially extremely dangerous, more so in the wrong hands. It is important that you understand this and arrange for said materials to be made safe or where this is not possible, for them to be transported to a secure facility where they can do no direct harm." Kolthe spoke in a brisk, polite and professional tone as he placed a small hand held holo-disc on the table; he pressed a button which brought up a careful scan of the crash site which had the design specifications of the ship and calculations on internal damage super imposed over it. The Ajerri would have seen scans of the crash previously, but not with this much technical data attached; Kolthe started to interface directly with the holographic display, something only he and Volkmann could do as it responded to stimuli from cybernetic interfacing implants in their fingers and hands. He brought up the section of the ship where the core would be found. "This section in particular will be extremely dangerous and you will not be able to transport any of the material you find there away from this location with the equipment you have available. The deuterium reactor uses a unique combination of energy generation and management systems initiated by nuclear fusion; in all likelihood the reactor will be in a state of rapid burnout or cool-off following a massive overload - I can postulate this because it is standard Arcadian, and I stress this Arcadian not Promethian, military practice to overload the deuterium core in the likely event of capture or destruction."

An interior view of the Tyrant of Thedes.
"As you can imagine the materials located within the reactor area will not only be extremely radioactive they will also give off incredible heat. The radiation signatures alone require very specialist equipment to handle them, equipment we will of course bring in from the Commonwealth on request. The reactor's hardware and systems will more than likely be little more than molten radioactive slag by now; again this will need to be removed using specialist equipment. It is the Commonwealth's hope that you will allow us to take responsibility for the reactor and its attendant systems in order to prevent an ecological catastrophe. At this point the reactor is relatively safe, especially since it is sealed inside what is essentially an enormous metal tomb, but tampering with it could cause a lethal release of deadly materials on an unprecedented scale."
Kolthe switched the focus of the projection over to one of the broadside gunnery deck, where several of the ship's broadside weapons appeared to be more or less intact. Torrents of technical data started to spill out giving precise details of the technologies involved and the weapon capabilities which he dismissed so that the Ajerri could see the scan properly. "This is another potentially dangerous location, not because of the materials or radiation, but because of the nature of the technology. As far as the Commonwealth is concerned since the ship crashed on your nation it is now your property, so this technology is yours to take and do with what you will, however it is absolutely imperative that this be done with great tact and discretion. These weapons if placed in the wrong hands could be incalculably dangerous, therefore we insist that you secure each and every weapon found on this weapon, functional or no and either destroy or study it or both; so long as they are not left to fall off the back of a truck somewhere. The last thing anyone needs is for some despot or terrorist group to get a hold of one of these guns."

"Now the name of this ship is the IAS Tyrant of Thedes, we identified it from your scans of the serial number located on the hull; it is a Kotori Class Light Carrier and therefore one of the bigger ships in the Arcadian Navy. It will also more than likely contain multiple smaller craft the details of which I have been authorised to provide upon discovery, though what condition these craft will be in is anyone's guess since a Kotori Class has never made planetfall in this manner before."
Finally Kolthe reset the display to show the overview of the entire crash site so that the Ajerri could view it in full. "The main aim of my team is to ensure the appropriate removal and disposal of any dangerous materials or technologies and to assist you in your cleanup and salvage operations. We're not here to get in your and we're not part of the relief effort. I honestly cannot say what caused this, or the other ships to crash in this manner; I believe Volkmann will confirm for you that the CAF is not entirely sure of how the fleet met its destruction in the first place and neither am I."

Press Conference, Nova Arkades - The Commonwealth
Ai Motako, as the people of the Commonwealth choose to
remember her.
The new President of the Commonwealth, Kono Tanaka, stood behind the podium for the first time since ascending to the office of President; the assembled press from around the globe were buzzing with talk of the recent orbital catastrophe and the sudden change in government within the Commonwealth which seemed to follow it so neatly after Motako's death. The old pale blue of Arcadia was gone from behind the podium, gone too was the seal of the Mandate and in its place was the fine crimson and gold cloth which now represented the Commonwealth, its proud wolf rampant stood over her and at the centre of it all a picture of Ai Motako, the first President and mother of the nation. Of course Tanaka knew that the mother of the nation was very much alive and would remain so for the indefinite future, but no-one else knew that and to them she was the first lady, the President and ruler of one of the world's largest and most powerful nations.

Prior to the press conference it had been announced that Tanaka would be making an official speech address both the orbital catastrophe and the beginning of her Presidency in which a new constitution would be written. This had only heightened curiosity and as a result the press conference was packed and only the selected senior media of the globe had been allowed to send a reporter.

Tanaka leaned in and a member of staff called for quiet; the cameras started rolling providing for the first time a direct live feed of such a press conference to screens all over Enkon. "It is now one week since the orbital catastrophe which brought the death of millions and the destruction of miles of this planet's surface. One week since Enkon was bombarded by the greatest man made disaster in its history which brought the mighty pillars of Arcadian Imperial strength crashing down upon an unwary and unsuspecting world. One week since it was proven to all that the danger the Reich presented and still presents is very real and not just confined to the threat against this fledgling Commonwealth."

"Though we have borne witness to an event which brought about the end of the Commonwealth's war of independence I am here tonight to confirm that the Commonwealth and the CAF have no knowledge of what caused this disaster, nor how several of the ships involved came to crash onto the planet's surface. With this said we do not absolve ourselves of any responsibility towards the victims of this unforeseen and unprecedented event; the CAF have already mobilised troops to provide humanitarian assistance to our brothers and sisters in Ajerrin and an offer has been placed on the table for similar assistance to be sent to Onza. We may not have caused this tragedy but those ships were here as part of a war against the Commonwealth, were it not for the fact of our existence this never would have happened and that is reason enough to aid our fellows."

"In particular I wish to address the governments of the world on the dangers these crashed craft present and I urge all world governments upon whose territory one of these craft, no matter how small or incomplete, have crashed to come forward. There are objects and technologies on board some of these ships which are immeasurably dangerous and if handled incorrectly we very well might experience yet more catastrophes on a similar scale. Of utmost importance is this warning, if you find one of these ships do not attempt to break into its reactor chambers; these will have sustained massive damage in the course of the crash and more than likely have overloaded. This being the case they will be flooded with radioactive and superheated materials of a nature utterly alien to anyone on Enkon but the Commonwealth; these require very specialised equipment to properly secure and make safe, equipment only the Commonwealth has. The Commonwealth will not be held accountable for any release of such materials or the damage said releases may cause no matter the scale; the type of radiation found within these heavily sealed reactor cores is unique to Arcadian Deuterium Reactors and conventional radiation protection and preventatives are insufficient to deal with it."

Kono Tanaka, 2nd President of the Commonwealth.
"On a final note regarding these crashed ships, we consider them to be the sole property of those nations upon whose territory they have crashed. The Commonwealth has no interested in retrieving salvage from foreign nations nor receiving any survivors."
Tanaka then cleared her throat and flicked through her notes on the tiny wafer thin holo-sheet on the podium in front of her and continued. "I will now address the subject of my presidency and the constitution of the Commonwealth. It was President Motako's wish that I be the last president to be appointed by undemocratic means and that I spearhead her efforts to create a democratic government and constitution for the Commonwealth; representatives for every Province have been called to Nova Arkades to take part in the constitutional convention."

"Ours shall be a nation for the greater good of mankind, which safeguards liberty and justice. We shall strive against hardship by creating prosperity; we shall alleviate poverty not through welfare nor the treatment of its symptoms, but rather through the direct and targeted treatment of the problem itself. We shall create a new system of justice, both social and legal which shall extend to people of all walks of life; we shall create a system regarded by all as open and fair, which protects the rights of even the smallest and seemingly least important of people. Together we shall author a new Social Contract to replace the tenets of the Arcadian Kaiser, no longer shall we be ruled by direct intervention from above, but rather by the justice and moral authority of our great society."

"To this end the Commonwealth will begin talks to enter a firm relationship with its neighbours in the western hemisphere so that we may share peacefully in the bounty of this world and promote our collective ideals. The Commonwealth shall no longer be an aloof and uninvolved world power, but one which takes a direct interest in global concerns and which tries to share its wealth of knowledge and success with the international community. Meanwhile at home we shall break barriers linking every citizen to the great network of political society so that every person can be heard and create a political movement of their own should they wish. Ours shall be the politics of inclusion, consideration, pragmatism and sober second thought where capitalism is but a means to an end and not the end in itself."

"Finally we shall seek to repeal the draconian racial and genetic laws of our predecessors; the Arcadian Reich may have view genetic and racial purity and a national imperative but we shall not, and while shall continue our policy of non-recognition of trans-human sub-species we shall no longer actively seek their eradication. Let it not be said that the Commonwealth interferes, but instead let it be said that we are ever there to offer a helping hand and to lend our support in times of need."
Last edited by Promethius Prime on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Glorious Palatine Union
"For a just and greater society, for the good of all!"
PMT Tech Thread - FT Tech Thread - Yurope 1936
Timeless Wizard and Regional Gandalf

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Unibearia Expands its Industry

Postby Unibearia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:05 pm

King Yuri sits on his throne and reads his new paper.

After the Unibearian Civil war, Unibearia has been looking into modernising and expanding its industry. There have been a couple of small projects here and there but no major project has ever been introduced. With the unemployment rate at an all-time high, it would be a priority to get some jobs up and going as quickly as possible.

With the introduction of X.D. Arms, it would seem crucial for Unibearia to expand its Industry to support this company and the rest of the economy. The military is being modernised with new equipment, weapons and armour yet how can Unibearia support this expansion of its military without expanding Industry? It seems impossible.

Nedea has been supplying Unibearia with modern Industrial equipment for about a month now but all that equipment gets stored. It seems that the answer to Unibearia's problem is right under its nose. But lately, X.D. Arms has stated that it will expand its industry to all parts of Unibearia to create jobs and support the growth of the Unibearian economy but construction is at a slow pace. X.D. Arms plans to build 60 factories all over Unibearia but only 10 have started. The Nedean market is catching up and at its current pace of growth, it will soon surpass all Unibearian owned business' combined.

With this on the mind of King Yuri, he has been trying to find a solution. But how hard can building 500 factories all over Unibearia can be? How hard could creating more mines and refineries be? How hard could building oil rigs and oil refineries be? All the Unibearian government has done is started building a railway to move resources more easily across Unibearia. It would seem that the Unibearian Government cares more about tanks and guns then providing jobs for its people? A couple of infrastructure projects isn't enough to lower the 43% unemployment rate down! What needs to happen is a major economic project to build and create long term jobs for the Unibearian people. More and more Unibearians leave their homeland to find jobs because the Economy isn't growing at the rate it should be. Our king shouldn't be worried about war or invasions but should be worried about what is happening inside his own country.

Yuri stops reading and puts the news paper down.

"Louis!" Yuri yells

Louis walks in the throne room from Council room

"Yes my King?"

Yuri grabs the news paper "Have you read this?"

"Yes my king"

"Why haven't you warned me of this?"

"Well my King, as you can see our economy is crumbling as we speak. We have lots of mines but we don't have factories. We don't have a construction service yet. Right now it's the military that is building the roads, houses and the rails."

"That doesn't answer my question"

"If you want to be frank I will be"

"Go, be frank!" Yuri chuckles

"You are incapable of running a country! You are a warrior! You always will! But a warrior is only good at one thing. Killing and warring. You always seem to get Unibearia in trouble. YOUR PEOPLE! If you don't smarten up you will fall just like your father..."

"I see, what do you suggest I do? I will found a construction company under the Council control. That includes me."

"That won't be enough, you would have to make it a national focus to rebuild.. err.. Build the economy to a health and prosperous point" Louis adds

"Fine, I agree."

They shake hands and Yuri returns to his throne and grabs his phone

"Yes Xerok? I have a proposition for you..."

UWK-NNS

X.D. Construction. INC is founded! In times like these we are happy X.D. has our backs!

Major infrastructure projects have already started, thousands of Unibearians have applied to join X.D. Construction. Inc! Rumour has it that they are accepting anyone who applies.

3 Major Infrastructure projects have started.

-Major Industrial expansion (Nation Wide Project)

-Residential habitation construction

- Major road and rail construction
Last edited by Unibearia on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

Moarfall
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

MBC Daily News; 26600831

Postby Moarfall » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Top Headlines

-Former FoBs during the Kapachine Invasion being re-purposed

-AMDIZ Declared over Gulf of Argon

-Business Booming

-New Babylon nears Completion

High ranking military officials have let loose the rumor that the Forward Operating Bases used during the take down of the tribal councils of the Kapachine Federation will be used again soon. They are planning on bringing them back into action and fully using them as true bases. They say there is need for them in the North where there are little ground forces in Moarfall. It is expected that the bases will be up to speed and completed by early November this year.

The Moarfallian Military has also declared an AMDIZ. The Air and Maritime Defense Zone encompasses the 2 islands to the south of Moarfall commonly refereed to as the Mako Reef islands as well as the Northern part of the Gulf. The Islands have been claimed in the name of Moarfall, and there are currently civilians and supplies on their way to the islands too construct a military base on the southernmost tip of the larger southern Island. The first landing spot by Moarfall on the islands was named Port Cane along the southeastern corner of the Northern island.

A new company based out of Moarfall, Enkon Energy Enterprises, has recently taken up an interest in the south. The company is getting assistance from the MSC to ship 3 high tech fusion generators to two southern Nations. Cyrellican will get two, while Unibearia gets only one. Cyrellican is able to pay the full 3 trilion Kredits for services and set up in due time while Unibearia will pay 7.5 billion up front and 2.5 Trillion over the course of 10 years. Battle-Steele Industries is also happy to sign contracts with both nations, allowing for the purchase of Military grade Moarfallian gear. This is the first time in hundreds of years that Moarfall has done such a thing.

As the weeks have dragged on, New Babylon draws even nearer to completion. The station is expected to be open in the next few days to tourists and companies whom would like to rent property there. Embassies will be opened with Cyrellican, Unibearia, Onza, the United Coalition, and possibly Tyvenia. Paperwork has been sent to all nations and soon they can be moved into their embassies by the end of the week. The staion is powered by a massive Nano-Star Fusion Engine that can be viewed in the Hanging Gardens; a huge biological preserve that features every biome and species Moarfall has encountered.
Last edited by Moarfall on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Molon Labe!
Come and take it!

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."

Power is shipping goods, giving speeches, moving armies, conquering lands, discovering planets, bending space, and exploring the universe.
True Power is being able to transform the world and universe around you using your sheer will. Your words and your stories are your will here and they shape the world. A word in a speech can be more powerful than a bullet in battle here. It depends on how you wield it.
Power is attained through your words and in turn your actions. Your words are left for the world to see and because of that; your power and will are immortal.

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Operation Scorched Rat

Postby Unibearia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:06 pm

Commander Felix stands infront of the generals of the Unibearian Military. Behind him, 3 maps of North Vvarden are nailed in the wall. One is a geographic map showing the vast hills and canyons of North Vvarden; the second one is a political map of North Vvarden, showing all the small villages to the city of Dry wells and the Third one shows the invasion plans 3 big blue arrows show where the 2 main thrusts will be and red lines showing where the enemies positions are.

“As you all know our King has elevated me to general of the military. That means I'm your boss and King yuri is mine. So listen up, As we all know south Vvarden is in a shit ton of trouble. They have wasted our men and now they face total annihilation and since we are their ally, it is up to us to end this madness.

You are the best military commanders Unibearia has to offer. You all have studied in modern warfare and in other military branches you specialise but I know one thing all of you don’t. Guerilla warfare. I have fought in a guerilla war, I have lived in a guerilla war. I have been moulded by guerilla warfare. Now all of you dipshits better listen to me because if you don’t, lives will be lost because you lost interest.

Here are the facts that you need to know. The North has no tech whatsoever, we are like gods compared to them, they have slaves and the slaves will be freed. The Native population lives in caves and the problem with that is that the North will be using Guerilla warfare or in other words, they will be hiding in the caves and underground.

The use of Napalm will be authorised when called upon. Infantry will always have authorisation to use Napalm-Throwers when in combat for they will be facing 7 million alone in the hills and vallees of North Vvarden.

With that said, lets get to the actual invasion plan I made, I call it Operation Scorched Rat.

The 1st wolfish army will be called army group north and the 2nd wolfish army will be called army group South.

Army group north, you will start your thrust from hex 1834 and work your way through their defences until about 230KM from Dry Well. After that you will stop and clear any caves carefully and Maintain a good line of defence. You will face heavy resistance and guerilla warfare but you have armour at your disposal so use them more for supporting infantry advances and defending positions. You will also have half of the 1st Wolfish air group to help you with this endeavour. Use them to attack military positions, crops with Napalm and use them as air-cover. After you eliminate the resistance, you may push on to capture Dry Wells and take the rest of the North Vvardeni mainland and continue to find and destroy enemy resistance. King Yuri has allowed 1 division of Wolf Guard to accompany the assault.

Army group south, You will play a more important role. You will have to protect the South Vvardens south from any attempt of invasion. Two major defensive lines will form. One is The divide authronomus. You will not advance any infantry nor any armour. You will get destroyed if you do. Use artillery and the other half of the 1st Wolfish air Group to your advantage by again attacking military positions and supply depots. I will repeat one more time for those who didn't pay attention…. Army group south’s ground forces will be defensive and the airforce will be attacking.

Now for the navy, You will blockade and restrict any goods coming from and in North Vvarden. You will pay the merchants for their goods and load the goods them onboard and have a transport vessel transport the goods to South Vvarden. Once army group North reaches the ocean, you will become a supply line. Any vessel with the North Vvardeni logo will be sunk or boarded.

The 3rd wolfish Air Group will provide a continuous supply of ammo, medical supplies, military rations and Intel to army group north.”

The Generals look at eachother, almost sceptical at how good of a plan Felix had explained. They get up from their seats and salute him. Felix salutes back.

“You will be given a paper copy incase you forget any details. and I almost forgot to mention, If in the caves the number of civilians out number the number of NV troops do not use flame-throwers or grenades. Just leave that cave alone and block the entrance and have a trap set if any leave the cave during the night. Before we even start moving our Infantry, we will have to start an intensive bombing campaign on NVA (North Vvarden Military) military positions. We are going up against 22 million. Does everyone understand?”

They all nod

“Well then, get started”
Last edited by Unibearia on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

UWK starts bombing campaign and moving troupes

Postby Unibearia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:21 pm

With the authorisation of Commander Felix, the 1st Wolfish Airgroup start their engines and load their bombs. Each strike squad is made up of 15 ground attack aircraft. Each Strike squad has their targets and they are responsible for weakening or destroying NVA (North Vvarden Army) positions day in and day out until the Infantry arrives in NV borders.

UWK Napalm strikes on NVA (North Vvarden Army) defensive positions:

Army Group North's advance is slow because of the necessary crossing of unclaimed land of HEX 1934. Bearian tribes live there but the land is mostly rolling hills and will take about a week to cross.

Army Group North making their way across HEX 1934

Army Group South on the other-hand are trying to rush to the Divide as fast as they can. The South Vvardeni defensive lines could break at any moment. Parachuters have been sent to relieve the pressure on the South Vvardeni army

UWK parachuters land near the South Vvardeni defence lines

Last edited by Unibearia on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

Vvarden
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vvarden » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 pm

Vvardeni News NetworkImage
Soldiers rejoice as United Wolfish Realms invades North Vvarden

Soldiers today on the front line of the Divide are cheering for the brave wolfish soldiers that are invading the scourge that has plagued our land for months, North Vvarden. Any slaves that are in the areas that are being invaded are being freed and some minor alliances have been made beneath the wolfish soldiers and some Divide tribes like the Khans.

President Derrik however is condemning the use of Napalm and urges Unibearia to seek a more peaceful way to end the war.

Grievers napalmed by Unibearian Army

Hundreds of refugees from the Grievers tribe located in the most northern part of the Divide have arrived in South Vvarden with shocking and horrifying stories.

Just a few hours ago, in the area of the Divide known as Zion Canyons, the Unibearian soldiers located and napalmed what was thought to be a North Vvardeni camp. After the napalming, however, it was revealed to be a village of the Grievers, a tribe in the Divide who often grieve for their dead in large, sombre ceremonies. Many were burnt to death instantly and the survivors set off to escape the horrors they encountered.

“They come, the wolf men in metal birds, they burn us, cause pain! We run, but the fire reaches us and kills our children!” Says the leader of the Grievers tribe, Waking-Dawn, whose children and husband died in the napalming. “You owslanders, make them go! Make them go back away! Away to the wolf kingdom! Keep them there! So all horrors go away!”

President Derrik however, is furious at the United Wolfish Realms for the destruction and urges them to stop before more innocents get killed:

“This is a tragedy and a crime. A tragedy to the tribes in the region and a crime committed by the United Wolfish Realms. The napalming going on in the region must be stopped before more get killed. Women, children and unarmed men are among the dead, and many of the Grievers are calling for retribution and revenge. This I say to them. Please, justice will be served, but fighting them will only make it worse, so please for the love of everything on Enkon, don’t be hostile towards them.”

Edgardt Saef however sees the issue as why wolfens must be exiled and killed if they enter Vvarden:
“This is why we need them out! They are bombing and killing HUMAN peoples, like you and me, these monsters have shown their true form, and we must fight them for the protection of innocents! We must, nay, NEED, to exile them forever from Vvarden!”

Some other tribes in the region like the Khans, Blasters and the Five Fathers are also reporting the napalming of some of their villages. It is unknown whether this will escalate, but hopefully the napalming stops and innocent lives can be saved.

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 am

Communists routed in Ailburg
The communists finally gave up their fight against the Aeon Expeditionary Force after being surrounded and cut off from any escape. Last night, the 8th brigade of the AEF was transported via helicopter to the rear of the enemy in the mountains. At 06:00 the AEF 1st, 2nd and 3rd Divisions pushed into the flanks and center of the suburb with brute force. The AEF 4th brigade waited in the mountains for the communists in the only road going north out of the city. Remaining communist forces were cleared out of the suburbs by 09:00 by the AEF 1st Division, while the 4th Brigade went ahead to fully secure the mountain pass for the rest of the AEF to begin the march to Duna. The fighting was not a cakewalk however. The 2,000 communist fanatics killed nearly 1,200 AEF men and took out 2 APCs. The communists fought until the last man, a scary look into the future of the campaign.

Seige of New Citopia
For the last two nights, aircraft, artillery, and tactical missiles from ships, have bombarded communist positions on the the outskirts of New Citopia. No harm was done to any civilian buildings. As part of the classified plan to take New Citopia, the Aeon 1st Corp 10th Division smashed into the flank of the communist defenses on the right flank which is the industrial sector of the city. Unexpectedly, the communist forces on the right flank collapsed and retreated further into the center. Nearly 80% of New Citopia’s industrial sector is under GDC control. The initial losses of the attack are put at ~550 GDC men and ~1600 communists and 12 communist tanks. The city is now completely surrounded due to the USS securing the north of the city. All attempts to make peace with the communists has been rejected.

Steady advance to Elton
Convoys like these have travelled the road straight to Elton. Thousands of military vehicles are moving the Aeon 3rd Corps through the Countropian countryside at a steady rate. The logistical effort of keeping supplies up with a steady military advance has proven a massive challenge for the Logical Department of the military. Generally the logical strategy has been to use railroads as a primary mover of supplies behind the front lines. However, the Countropian infrastructure has proven to be minimal and hard to use. The 3rd Corp is expected to arrive at Elton within the week, providing there are no disruptions.
The GDC Air Corp is also on the move. Special forces helicopters are sent ahead of the advancing forces to secure important towns along the road to Elton. However, in most cases, these helicopters carry aid to towns. It is important to remember that food, power, and other necessities have been cut off from the rest of the country due to the communists using it for their war effort. This has created a humanitarian crisis as people are starving throughout the country. The logistic Department must has been focusing on feeding the rural Countropians more than anything. The faster the advance, the more lives saved.
Last edited by Earth Empire on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

'Operation Scorched Rat' starts in earnest

Postby Unibearia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:33 am

Early this morning, UWK troops from Army Group North have made it into NVA territory and start regrouping to create a base of Operations and a place for attack helicopters to land.

Army Group North's Base of Operations just outside NVA borders:

Army group North has already started offensive ground operations but no NVA activity nor any encounters have been reported in yet. It seems that the week long bombing campaign has worked like expected. Only lighter armoured vehicles have made it to the front, to heavier vehicles are much slower and cumbersome then the lighter tanks and will take another week to get to the front. This might seem like a draw back to some but to others it will be seen as good training for the recruits

National militia divisions starts their 2 week offensive operation

Right now the main factor that will determine the effectiveness of the Unibearian soldier is aircover and since their is no threat in the skies for the helicopters to get shot down, they will get all the aircover they will want.

UI-24s' supporting an armoured advance:

UI-24's Engaging NVA targets and positions:

On the other hand, Army Group South has to cover a long defensive line. The majority of Army Group North's artillery has been given to Army Group South for use against the NVA. Last week a KU-24 heavy fighter dropped Napalm bombs at what was targeted as a NVA defensive position but was really a tribe village. To prevent any more accidents, we urge that the South Vvardeni government officials move the local Tribes from the combat zones. The bombing campaign is to eliminate the most NVA soldiers as possible. If you disagree with our tactic, we can always leave and let you loose this war. It makes no difference to us for all we are doing is sacrificing Wolfen peoples for a greater Vvarden.

UWK artillery firing on NVA positions across the divide.

South Vvardeni Rangers are Curious about the Unibearian Tanks that have been supplied to them by the UWK. At the end of the war, the UWK will take the tanks back and return them to Unibearia.

Last edited by Unibearia on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

Caisus
Spokesperson

Founded: May 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Dolara Times Late Edition

Postby Caisus » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:40 pm

United Commonwealths Requests to Join the SCG

Military Aid Sent to Vvarden

The Grand Representation approved the request to join the Southern Cooperation Group Saturday after much debate between the Galgi People's Assembly and the Caisan Thrice-Blessed Parliament. The political stand-still was resolved through a vote of the Grand Representation, leading to the approval of the bill. The Galgi National Party was the main opposition to the bill, stressing a need for neutrality and isolationism.

In other news the Thrice-Blessed Parliament has authorized military aid to Vvarden in the form of four Scorch Class Bombardment Frigates the "Hali", the "Volg", the "Leng", and the "Carcosa".
These ships are to be put under control of the Vvardenese government for the time being, being the equivalent of two normal army defense forces.

Vvarden
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

A Meeting With A Cyborg

Postby Vvarden » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:37 pm

The Grand Lord Illuminator, also known as the Guardian of the Scrolls, the Techno-Sorcerer and the Metallic Monk sat by his polished granite desk, running his long, grey index finger over a page of impossibly ancient writing. At once, a knock on the huge, hardwood door heralded the arrival of someone outside. Daxtarian Oryn poked his masked head inside and called out “Lord Illuminator?” The Lord Illuminator spun around and looked at the figure opening the door. The Illuminator was wearing a white mask, like a Royal Guard helmet, only bone-white with a red symbol painted on the forehead. He wore robes with patterns like peacock feathers and shimmering in the light.

“I am here if that is what you are asking,” The Illuminator answered.
Daxtarian revealed himself and closed the door behind him.

“Ah! I’ve been looking for you, I am an ambassador from Caisus.” The Ambassador approached the Illuminator before taking in the size of the room. It was truly massive, covered in a turquoise blue tile flooring, with books and scrolls on assorted bookcases that reached so high, Ambassador Oryn couldn’t see the top.

“Well, Ambassador from Caisus, what do you want?” The Illuminator answered bluntly before getting up and walking around the library.

“Since I am new here, you see, I would like to learn about Vvarden, and what events culminated in the birth of this nation.”
“An intellectual, like me, eh?” The Illuminator ran his hands on a green, leather-bound book on a table and picked it up. “Tell me, how did you find me?”

“President Derrik suggested you to me.”

“Ah, Derrik, an eccentric that man, courteous and honourable.”

“He is a true visionary for Vvarden, and very fitting to be the country’s first president.” Ambassador Oryn looked at a nearby book, The Naval Adventures of High Prince Aeric I.

“Pass that to me will you.” The Illuminator asked Oryn. Upon receiving it he placed it on one of the bookshelves, next to several copies of it. “He wasn’t the first, you know. I was there. About ooh, four hundred and seventy five years ago.”
Ambassador Oryn gaped at him. “Four hundred years? How could you still be alive? And who was that president?” He asked.
“There is a reason they call me the Metallic Monk.” The Illuminator took off his mask, revealing an almost fully robotic face with optical enhancements like camera lenses on his left eye and an odd mesh covered, oval-shaped mouthpiece which Ambassador Oryn guessed was for breathing. The Illuminator's glass, see-through forehead revealed to Oryn the Illuminator's pinkish, slightly red brain, with several wires poking out and suspended in what appears to be a gel-like liquid.“I am a cyborg, a keeper of centuries and hopefully millennia, of knowledge. And that President was Carlos Herrero, Sr. Goodness, what a man.”

Ambassador Oryn nodded his head slightly, seeing that his question was answered.

“So can you teach me some history?”

“Long, Really long or five days long?”

Oryn chuckled. “I guess, maybe long.”

The Illuminator walked towards him and started to speak.
“Well, it possibly all started with the Greeks of Ancient Terra…”
Last edited by Vvarden on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:55 am

USS supports the GDC into the SCG
Midgar,46566- The USS government has asked for Grand Dominions application to the Southern Cooperation Group to be fast tracked. The USS believes that by allowing the GDC to join that it frees the other southern states of having to ship their goods south and around.They could ship their goods potentially faster through the Grand Dominion. The hopes are that the processing of earths application moves faster.

Stranglehold on New Citopia
New Citopia,New Citopia- The strangle hold on the New citopian capital is getting worse for both communist and civilians alike. While not targeting civilians the foodstuffs within the current communist sectors are dwindling by the day.While loosing forces the communist rebels have been fighting street by street and blending into the civilian populations. The civilians caught in the middle of the battle are starving and forced to eat anything they can find while the communist take whatever foodstuffs that the civilians were able to save. At this time the intensity of the fighting has slowly seemed to be winding down and small pockets of both civilians and communists have surrendered to USS forces.During the fighting for New Citopia's capital the USS has lost around 300 solders and killed or captured 900 communist forces.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Chancellor Chamberlain speaks mid religious holiday.

Postby St Saratoga » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Rogerbei, St. Saratoga, United Coalition -

Chancellor Chamberlain clears his throat.

"All week, this Coalition was celebrating a religious holiday. It was meant to be a time of peace and celebration but, instead of that. We were bombarded by breaking news of war, death, and invasion. This is not a week I wanted to be delivering a speech about this since this week was intended to be about peace but the violence and atrocities committed by nations must be dealt with."

Chancellor Chamberlain speaking about the heartless bombing of North Vvardeni.

"The United Wolfish Realms has recently began started to bomb and just today has sent military troops to North Vvardeni. The United Wolfish Realm has no excuse for attacking this nation in such a horrific fashion. They are deliberately bombing North Vvardeni just to destroy these people with no regard of civilian lives. This is an action that can not be left untouched and ignored. I have given the Coalition Naval Command to begin operations in the gulf above North Vvardeni (Hexs 1634 & 1734). I call upon other nations to take action against this menses of a nation instead of relying on the GA to act or ignoring the problem in whole."

(OCC: UC-N5 will be deploying to Hexs 1634 & 1734.)

"Lastly, Earlier today I was with a team of intelligence officials discussing the crimes begin committed by a man called "El Presidente" in the nation of Oneripol. This man has given orders to police and military forces to arrest and detain without reason, and, if need be, shoot any protestors that are calling for a constitution and the creation of a government in a nation that has lived under the iron fist of this dictator."

"After review evidence of the crimes committed by this dictator, I have given authorization of to the Navy and Army to begin an invasion to overthrow this dictator and install a freer, more democratic government within this nation. I have ordered precision airstrikes to begin on military target in hopes of persuading their dictator to step down before he is torn down by the hands of a Coalition-Oneripolian joint operation. If captured, he will be tried in Oneripolian courts for his crimes. Thank you."
Last edited by St Saratoga on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

UWK Pulls out of Vvardeni civil war completely

Postby Unibearia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 pm

With the recent declaration of from the Coalition, the UWK has issued an emergency pull-out of the Vvardeni Civil war to prepare for the defence of the main land. The 1st and 2nd Wolfish armies will pull out and return to Unibearia immediately. The 1st Wolfish Navy will pull out from North Vvardeni waters and set sail to Unibearia. All air units are to intercept any United Coalition aircraft that enters our aerospace. The UWK has been elevated to Defcom 2 . Any military threats to the UWK are taken seriously.

We would like to remind the great nations of Enkon that North Vvarden is a slavering nation that forces innocent civilians to fight for them and from the recent actions of the United Coalition, it shows that they support the Slavering North Vvarden over the Democratic South Vvarden WE are trying to help and would rather have more suffering on the Vvardeni people then a quick end to the Civil war. Accidents happen Whether we like it or not and 1 accident isn't a cause for war. The safety of North Vvardeni civilians has always been our priority.
Last edited by Unibearia on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

Unibearia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

UWK redeploys to NV

Postby Unibearia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:50 pm

New orders have been sent to the 2nd Wolfish army to stay and defend the South Vvardeni positions.

The 1st Wolfish army will make a defensive line from where they are right now in their advance and fortify their positions in NV and play on the defensive until the conflict is resolved with the Coalition.

the First Wolfish Navy resume its previous mission in Operation Scorched Rat. If you are fired upon by Coalitions ships, do not retaliate.

All air units will return to normal and will not intercept any Coalition aircraft entering UWK aerospace.

The use of Napalm has been restricted to emergency requests.
Last edited by Unibearia on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents