NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates Landgrab (OOC) (CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Quavv
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Nationstates Landgrab (OOC) (CLOSED)

Postby Quavv » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:19 am

Most of you have probably seen RPs like this. Basically we're just role playing as our nationstates nations only we're using a real map. Rps like this usually end up involving a lot of land grabbing and expansion, which ends up being pretty fun. I couldn't find a really good map with the states/provinces and stuff separated, so when you select a location for your country, just give me the name of the real world country. For the most part, I will only allow everyone to select one country. Also, your population size will kinda determine how large a plot of land I will allow you to have. Like a country with a population of 5 million isn't going to be allowed to claim Russia or China. Anyway, I'll post individual continents later, but you guys can go ahead and start claiming. Oh and sorry but I'm claiming China for myself :)

Nationstates name:
Name of country being claimed:
Population Size: (Don't lie because I will check your nation stats)
Military Size: (Give me a number and what percentage it is of your total population)
Color: (Please give me the HTML code from here >>> http://www.oultwood.com/programming/color.php)
Flag: (Please post image)

Nationstates name: Quavv
Name of country being claimed: China
Population Size: 6.601 billion
Military Size: 462,070,000 (7% of population)
Color: #ff0000
Flag:

Accepted Claims
(1) Chechaka
Country(State) Claimed: Alaska
Population Size: 6.145 billion
Military Size: 122,900,000 (2% of population)

(2) Conservative Republics
Country Claimed: The United States
Population Size: 1.9 Billion
Military Size: 96,250,000 (5%)

(3) New Kolkn
Country Claimed: Canada
Population Size: 1.337 Billion
Military Size: 93,590,000 (7% of population)

(4) New Armania
Country Claimed: Mexico
Population Size: 770,000,000
Military Size: 40,000,000

(1) ONOCARCASS
Country Claimed: Argentina
Population Size: 4.421 billion
Military Size: 442,100,000 (10% of population)

(2) Murovanka
Country Claimed: Brazil
Population Size: 819 million
Military Size: 4,095,000 active (0.5%)

(1) Quavv
Country Claimed: China
Population Size: 6.601 billion
Military Size: 462,070,000 (7% of population)

(2) Zaldakki
Country Claimed: Philippines
Population Size: 82 million
Military Size: 2.5 million

(3) Bluquse
Country Claimed: Japan
Population Size: 5.839 billion
Military Size: 29.16 million

(4) The Dominion Of The Benevolent hctim
Country Claimed: Vietnam
Population: 14 million
Military Size: 1,120,000

(5) The New Mushroom Kingdom
Country Claimed: India
Population Size: 7.712 billion
Military Size: 616,960,000 (8% of population).

(1) Nyani
Country Claimed: Ethiopia
Population Size: 2.168 billion
Military Size: 108,400,000 (5% of population)

(1) Wellonia
Country Claimed: Ukraine
Population Size: 5.757 billion
Military Size: 172,710,000 (3% of population)

(2) Rentalla
Countrys Claimed: Germany and Switzerland
Population Size: 1.67 billion
Military Size: 133,600,000 (8% of population)

(3) Astholm
Country Claimed: Belgium
Population Size: 10.961 billion
Military Size: No official military

(4) BFU
Country Claimed: Turkey
Population Size: 485 million
Military Size: 9,700,000 (2% of population)

(5) Voik
Country Claimed: Russia
Population Size: 10,783,000,000
Military Size: 107,830,000 (10%)

(6) Marsisian
Countrys Claimed: Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia, and Slovakia
Population Size: 982 million
Military Size: 2,356,800

(7) Eemeria
Country Claimed: The United Kingdom and Ireland
Population Size: 580 million
Military Size: 1,336,300

(8) Talanzaar
Countrys Claimed: Norway and Sweden
Population Size: 2.33 Billion
Military Size: 139,800,000 (or 6% of population)

(1) Blue Cross Island
Country Claimed: Australia
Population Size: 421 million
Military Size: 2,105,000 (0.5% of the population)
Last edited by Quavv on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

Nyani
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nyani » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 am

RPs like this are always fun!

Nationstates name: Nyani
Name of country being claimed: Ethiopia
Population Size: 2.168 billion
Military Size: 108,400,000 (5% of my population)
Color: #228b22
Flag:

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Accepted ^^^

Anybody else?
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

Wellonia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wellonia » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Might as well help fill up your map.

Nationstates name: Wellonia
Name of country being claimed: Give me Ukraine
Military Size: Six percent = 345420000
Color: #1e90ff
Flag:

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Nationstates name: Valrifell
Name of country being claimed: Indonesia, New Guinea, the Philippines (if I cannot claim multiple territories, Indonesia.)
Population Size: one billion
Military Size: three million (.003%)
Color: #00fa9a
Flag: Current flag (look)
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Map is Updated!

Valrifell, as you can see, I just gave you Indonesia. One thing I wanted to mention though is that you got the military # incorrect. 0.003% of your total population (1.011 billion) is not 3 million, it's 30,330 (thirty thousand three hundred and thirty). If you want a military of three million then you have to increase the percentage. Just use google to figure out the exact numbers, that's what I do.

Rentalla
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rentalla » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Nationstates name: Imperial Republic of Rentalla
Name of country being claimed: Germany. Can i have Austria and Switzerland too?
Military Size: 36,072,000 (8%)
Color: #191970
Flag: Image
Last edited by Rentalla on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Secretary of Admissions for the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Minister Of Diplomacy for SACTO
Pan-Celtic Alliance Observer

Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness as weakness.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:24 am

Rentalla wrote:Nationstates name: Imperial Republic of Rentalla
Flag: (Image)

Switzerland is fairly small, so I'll give you Germany and Switzerland.

Wellonia wrote:Might as well help fill up your map.

Flag:
(Image)

In case you haven't noticed, I made your nation color darker then the one you provided. This is because I realized that the color you provided was way too close to the color of the water, and Ukraine is right by a body of water so I didn't want any confusion.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:38 am

Quavv wrote:Map is Updated!

Valrifell, as you can see, I just gave you Indonesia. One thing I wanted to mention though is that you got the military # incorrect. 0.003% of your total population (1.011 billion) is not 3 million, it's 30,330 (thirty thousand three hundred and thirty). If you want a military of three million then you have to increase the percentage. Just use google to figure out the exact numbers, that's what I do.

Err...
No, I didn't, (it's not possible for .003% of one billion have more than one digit other than zero, So one one thousandth of one billion cannot be that number.
Not to mention I used a calculator to check and figure it out.( I did use Google)
Also the thing that made other landgrabs better (in my opinion) is that they claimed territories. Not entire nations.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:12 am

Your military size, 36,072,000 is about 2.2% of your population, not 8% of your population. 133,600,000 is 8% of your population. As stated below, I'd recommend not going above 5%.

Flag:
(Image)

Wellonia, it is a common guideline that your military population may not exceed 5% of your total population; however, at 5%, you must take in some variables.
At 5%, you may have a very large military, but it will not be armed with state-of-the-art technology, nor will you superbly trained soldiers. While you are off fighting wars with 5% of your population, your manufacturing and other industry will suffer from a potential lack of employment, which further strains your economy. You see, having the biggest military may be cool, but there are severe consequences that go with it. This is why I keep a military size of about 1.5%(or about 110,000,000; roughly 109,125,000), which means I have well-trained soldiers and logistics personnel), super technology, and a professional force that can go up with just about anything. Never forget about the logistics side of warfare. Logistics are what run your war, not your soldiers. They fight it, but logistics sustain it. Without logistics, soldier will surely fail. I would take a smaller, better-trained and equipped force over a force three times larger but less equipped and trained any day.

So, I would suggest toning your military size down to around 2% of your total population. Again, the 5% rule is a guideline that many veteran and new RPers alike typically follow. You do not have to, but if you want to expand your RPing perimeter, toning your military population to under 5% may be fruitful to you, as many RPers may simply not RP with you.

Have any questions? Send me a TG and I will do my best to answer them.
Last edited by Tiami on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Elven Kingdom of Amador
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:16 am

Valrifell wrote:
Quavv wrote:Map is Updated!

Err...
No, I didn't, (it's not possible for .003% of one billion have more than one digit other than zero, So one one thousandth of one billion cannot be that number.
Not to mention I used a calculator to check and figure it out.( I did use Google)
Also the thing that made other landgrabs better (in my opinion) is that they claimed territories. Not entire nations.

Well I took .003% of your total population (1.011 billion) and got 30,330. 0.003% of 1 billion would be 30,000. At least that is what I keep getting on google. I literally put .003% of 1 billion in the search bar and that is what I got. Either way, I haven't gotten 3 million.

As far as the territory claim, the only reason I didn't do that is because 1) I couldn't find a good territory map and 2) Since I wanted to put nation names and flags rather than just colors, it would be much more difficult, especially if there came a time to delete a nation for any reason.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:21 am

Tiami wrote:

Your military size, 36,072,000 is about 2.2% of your population, not 8% of your population. 133,600,000 is 8% of your population. As stated below, I'd recommend not going above 5%.

Flag:
(Image)

Wellonia, it is a common guideline that your military population may not exceed 5% of your total population; however, at 5%, you must take in some variables.
At 5%, you may have a very large military, but it will not be armed with state-of-the-art technology, nor will you superbly trained soldiers. While you are off fighting wars with 5% of your population, your manufacturing and other industry will suffer from a potential lack of employment, which further strains your economy. You see, having the biggest military may be cool, but there are severe consequences that go with it. This is why I keep a military size of about 1.5%(or about 110,000,000; roughly 109,125,000), which means I have well-trained soldiers and logistics personnel), super technology, and a professional force that can go up with just about anything. Never forget about the logistics side of warfare. Logistics are what run your war, not your soldiers. They fight it, but logistics sustain it. Without logistics, soldier will surely fail. I would take a smaller, better-trained and equipped force over a force three times larger but less equipped and trained any day.

So, I would suggest toning your military size down to around 2% of your total population. Again, the 5% rule is a guideline that many veteran and new RPers alike typically follow. You do not have to, but if you want to expand your RPing perimeter, toning your military population to under 5% may be fruitful to you, as many RPers may simply not RP with you.

I thought it was the regular limit was 7%. Cause as you can see, mine is at 7% and I usually have it that high. I guess it makes a bit more sense for Quavv though, and we have slaves and external financial assistance to support such a massive military.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:39 am

Quavv wrote:
Tiami wrote:

I thought it was the regular limit was 7%. Cause as you can see, mine is at 7% and I usually have it that high. I guess it makes a bit more sense for Quavv though, and we have slaves and external financial assistance to support such a massive military.

It is really only a guideline that many RP veterans follow for reasons mentioned in my last post. Economic strain is one of the major reasons why having such a large force can be a bane to your nation. This is why I keep my military around 1.5% so I can keep my economy healthy, have a trained force, and still keep a more-than-capable force. So, I would suggest you also tone your military population down, but you do not have to if you choose not to. I'll reiterate; 5% is only a guideline; it does not have to be followed, but expect backlash from the RP community.
Last edited by Tiami on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Elven Kingdom of Amador
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:41 am

Name of country being claimed: Belgium Astholm [Belgium] (in this case Belgium Astholm, using my nation's conventions of Astholm as prefix or suffix for nations within The Holmes
Population Size: (Don't lie because I will check your nation stats) 10.961 billion (Astholm's total); actual size of population for this nation is 11,439,584 (make it more densely populated than Belgium's real population which is 11,099,554)
Military Size: (Give me a number and what percentage it is of your total population) N/A, this nation does not have military, only police force and SWAT team. Assistance from Astholm is provided per agreement, an army is only permitted during times of war.
Color: (Please give me the HTML code from here >>> http://www.oultwood.com/programming/color.php) #00ff7f.
Officially there are two flags for this nation
Last edited by Astholm on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 am

Astholm wrote:Name of country being claimed: Belgium Astholm [Belgium] (in this case Belgium Astholm, using my nation's conventions of Astholm as prefix or suffix for nations within The Holmes
Population Size: (Don't lie because I will check your nation stats) 10.961 billion (Astholm's total); actual size of population for this nation is 11,439,584 (make it more densely populated than Belgium's real population which is 11,099,554)
Military Size: (Give me a number and what percentage it is of your total population) N/A, this nation does not have military, only police force and SWAT team. Assistance from Astholm is provided per agreement, an army is only permitted during times of war.
Color: (Please give me the HTML code from here >>> http://www.oultwood.com/programming/color.php) #00ff7f.
(Image)
(Image)

You've confused me with all the extra, so let me get this strait.

Nationstates Nation: Astholm
Name of Country Being claimed: Belgium
Color: #00ff7f
Flag:

Is this correct?

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 am

Quavv wrote:
Astholm wrote:Name of country being claimed: Belgium Astholm [Belgium] (in this case Belgium Astholm, using my nation's conventions of Astholm as prefix or suffix for nations within The Holmes
(Image)
(Image)

You've confused me with all the extra, so let me get this strait.

Flag:

Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct apart from the population size which is; I added the extra for explanatory purposes only.

Edited version below.
Population Size: 11,439,584
Flag:
Last edited by Astholm on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:05 am

Well my intention was to keep the population size the same. I wasn't allowing people to choose their population size.

Zaldakki
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaldakki » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 am

Nationstates name: Zaldakki
Name of country being claimed: Philippines
Population Size: 82 million (see my sig)
Military Size: To be updated
Color: #daa520
Flag: To be updated

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:16 am

Quavv wrote:Well my intention was to keep the population size the same. I wasn't allowing people to choose their population size.

Thank you for explaining that; I misunderstood it!
On IIWiki

Wellonia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wellonia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Quavv wrote:

Flag:
(Image)

In case you haven't noticed, I made your nation color darker then the one you provided. This is because I realized that the color you provided was way too close to the color of the water, and Ukraine is right by a body of water so I didn't want any confusion.

OK that's fine.

Tiami wrote:

Flag:
(Image)

Sounds good. Quavv, do 3% of my population instead.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Wellonia wrote:
Quavv wrote:

OK that's fine.

Tiami wrote:

Sounds good. Quavv, do 3% of my population instead.

Done.

Map is updated everyone!

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 pm

I withdraw my app...
I no longer wish to be in this.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Valrifell wrote:I withdraw my app...
I no longer wish to be in this.

It's not really going anywhere anyway because nobody seems to be interested.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Map updated. Valrifell removed.

Blue Cross Island
Envoy

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blue Cross Island » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Nationstates name: Blue Cross Island
Name of country being claimed: Australia, could I also claim New Zealand if thats okay?
Population Size: 421 million
Military Size: At peak strength, it can reach 2 million, approximately 0.5% of the population
Color: #0000cd
Flag: Image
Last edited by Blue Cross Island on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents