NATION

PASSWORD

Survey for Roleplayers [OOC; Open to All]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:55 pm

1) What kind of RPs do you like?
Structured RPs that offer both a planned and an unplanned outcome.

2) What tech levels do you generally prefer to use?
MT

3) Do you think P/MT is a legitimate tag?
What happened to PMT (?) Seems fine to me.

4) Do you tend to RP with the same people, or do you RP with a variety of people. Are you in an RP region, and if so, which? List any recent RP partners that are worth noting
Same people, no region

5) Do you prefer your RPs open, semi-open, or closed?
I'm partial to all

6) Do you prefer to RP in set groups with concrete canons, or do you prefer more open, fluid interaction?
Groups with concrete canons

7) Describe your thoughts on mixing tech level, and sapient non-humans in NS RP.
That's fine for NS, not for me

8) Do you prefer gameplay stats, capped, or fluid?
Fluid but capped to realistic proportions

9) Do you see merit in competitive war roleplaying?
Yes

10) Do you use other NS RP forums (i.e. GE&T, F&NI, NSSPorts, NS), or do you solely use II? If so, list them.
Not really

11) What do you think of II right now? Are you enjoying it? What do you like, and what don't you like?
I stay out of most of it

12) What would you like to see change in II?
Nothing

13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why?
I'm probably in the mean

14) What criteria do you use to define a good roleplayer?
Adherence to at least the basic rules of grammar, presentation (is what I am reading painful to my eyes), storyline (is it trite or creative, have you done something unique with the trite)

15) How long have you been roleplaying? Did you RP before you joined NS?
Not before NS, since I joined NS, 2003

16) What most effectively helped you learn to RP on NS?
Doing it

17) In what ways do you think the mentor program could be better?
No opinion

18) Do you have any suggestions for mentors? If so, who?
None

19) Do you use internet relay chat, IRC, or similar messengers to communicate with RPers? If so, which?
IRC

20) Who, if anyone, has been especially helpful to you as a roleplayer?
Many people
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Any kind as long as it's good.

MT. Because nobody does PT and the people who do FT are largely unpleasant.

No. It doesn't make sense. They're two conflicting things.

4) Do you tend to RP with the same people, or do you RP with a variety of people. Are you in an RP region, and if so, which? List any recent RP partners that are worth noting

Closed.

6) Do you prefer to RP in set groups with concrete canons, or do you prefer more open, fluid interaction?
Fluid.

7) Describe your thoughts on mixing tech level, and sapient non-humans in NS RP.
Stupid.

Fluid.

No, that's a terrible idea.

10) Do you use other NS RP forums (i.e. GE&T, F&NI, NSSPorts, NS), or do you solely use II? If so, list them.
NS

11) What do you think of II right now? Are you enjoying it? What do you like, and what don't you like?
It's fine.

12) What would you like to see change in II?13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why?
I consider myself superior.

If their writing is decent.

Five years and yes.

Being halfway decent.

Have it be unofficial, less elitist, and more effective.

19) Do you use internet relay chat, IRC, or similar messengers to communicate with RPers? If so, which?
IRC.

The Batorys.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Aethrys
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethrys » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:03 pm

MT

Yes?

On this site, a variety. I've been unable to find a group, consequently the vast majority of RP's I've gotten into are crappy.

Semi-open, though the closed ones seem nice, I can never get in them. (Yes, I am like the starving child peering through a window on christmas)

I prefer people to at least have a decent idea of what their nation is like, and to be consistent with it, unless the story requires otherwise. Writing down hundreds of years worth of history isn't really essential.

Seems to typically be done by FT players that want to show up and curb stomp some MT players with their orbital gamma bomb dropping space station or whatever.

On the opposite end, there are steam punk countries with preposterous airships mounting 17th century black powder naval cannons insisting their air force is something to be feared.

What I'm trying to say is, I think it could be done well, I've just never seen it happen. In all probability it's not a good idea to have it as an open conflict RP setting.

Non humans are an entirely different matter, as it is quite easy to incorporate them, provided their aspects in relation to humans is clearly outlined. Many non human RPers seem quite capable of having decent RPs with human countries, while others aren't.

Sort of both. I forget what NS lists my population as, but I typically ignore it. I generally view my country has having a population of "Large" and it's available manpower as "More than enough". That said, I get annoyed when people insist on justifying their propensity to build a fleet of 11 carriers and support ships manned by seven million men with "Well I have 3 billion people." So I believe in limits.

No. If you are going into an RP to win you are doing it wrong every time.

Nation States is generally my go to for character RPs.

Very, very hard to find a good RP that isn't closed. The ones that are open are generally spam fests. I can't say I really am currently.

Frankly I think I just need to find a decent RP group.

13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why?
Not to sound immodest, but I would like to think better.

I have acceptable spelling and attempt to respond to situations in character as my nation's leaders would, without playing to win.

Adequate spelling, responding to situations IC without playing to win by jumping into a scenario by launching the Normany Landings X20 from their hidden invasion force that had just happened to be in the area.

Gonna take a stab and say 5 years. Yes.

Dunno, experience probably.

There's a mentor program?

Not really.

No.

Don't know if they're still around, but a player called Crystal Spires was rather friendly when I was involved in their RPs a while ago.
Last edited by Aethrys on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Concentration of power in a political machine is bad; and an Established Church is only a political machine; it was invented for that; it is nursed, cradled, preserved for that; it is an enemy to human liberty, and does no good which it could not better do in a split-up and scattered condition." - Mark Twain

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 am

Political, Military. Character RPs.

FT

Yes

I usually RP with the same people, and my region has a large emphasis on roleplaying. It helps us stay active and has kept our community together for over a year and a half.

Semi-Open

I like a blend of both. I prefer to have a solid canon, but with room for players to maneuver with their own tech and methods after conferring with the rest of the group.

If it's a different race, then it should be strictly within the bounds of a PMT/FT tech status.

Fluid, with some stats.

Not Really

Solely use II

It's been quite a while since I've RPed here in II and I've just recently returned, so I'm not too sure on the situation, but things look pretty great.

See Question 11

See Question 11, wouldn't know about their quality since I've just returned.

Grammar, Paragraph and Text Breaking, Vivid Vocabulary

On and off for 3 years.

Experience, Trial and Error

More interaction with the players.

N/A

Not at the moment but I am considering using skype to communicate.

Myself
The Prime Hegemony of Kelvaros Prime
Factbook [WIP] | Class H7

Alexiandra
Senator

Founded: Feb 04, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Alexiandra » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 am

I find RPs that deal with war and conflict the most engaging, and so I tend to favour those.

I use modern tech almost exclusively.

Yes - although, logically, it should be incorporated into the broader "FT" tag.

I regularly RP with the denizens of Orda, but I don't partake in open roleplays very often. My recent RP partners include Zammora and Nerotysia.

I actually prefer it when an RP is open. It adds a sense of uncertainty to the overall experience.

I certainly enjoy tapering my nation to fit in with a pre-established history, but possessing a rigid set of canonical events can often make it hard to explain inactivity and the disappearance of nations. Ultimately, I opt for a compromise - I depict historical events in detail, but remain ready to alter the history of my nation should the need arise.

As someone who likes to RP in a modern-tech setting, I'm not particularly fond of tech-mixing or sapient non-humans. I find that all too often, RPing as some alien species grants a player an unfair advantage over his peers.

8.) Do you prefer gameplay stats, capped, or fluid?

Fluid, definitely. One of the things that drew me to this site was the sheer size of some of its nations. Sure, the system may not be realistic, but it makes the game more fun in my opinion.

No. To me, war roleplays represent a clash of in-character interests between two or more nations. Highly competitive war roleplaying, I find, breeds out-of-character hostility. I prefer to view roleplaying as a kind of co-operative writing programme.

I had a brief fling with GE&T, but my attempt at starting a mercenary business failed miserably. Other than that, I've stuck to II for over three years.

I think that the quality of roleplaying within II has deteriorated significantly over the course of the past three years. Unfortunately, it would seem, many players opt to post short, grammatically incorrect paragraphs and attempt to pass them off as full-blown stories.

I'd love to see a resurgence of long, high-quality war roleplays. I find them extremely entertaining and fascinating to read.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but I do consider myself better than the vast majority of roleplayers in II. I'm not the best, by any means, but I'm afraid the average thread on this forum leaves much to be desired. I'm not a particularly exceptional author, but I believe that I'm more skilled than most of our posters. That in itself is a testament to the decline of quality roleplaying in II.

I can usually judge a roleplayer's worth using the first line of his or her post. If it grabs my attention and keeps me reading, there's a good chance that the writer is linguistically skilled. If the first line is boring and riddled with grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and incorrect uses of punctuation, I usually stop reading immediately.

I've been roleplaying for over three years now. This site was my first opportunity to engage in co-operative storytelling, and I've loved it since I began participating.

I'd say that my stay in Nova was probably the most illuminating part of my NS career. Whilst residing there, I was given the opportunity to interact with some masterful writers. Alfegos and Monavia taught me the basics of modern warfare, and schooled me in roleplaying etiquette. My gratitude towards the two of them, and towards Nova as a whole, is undying.

I think that the key to success for the mentor programme is publicity. By introducing a new generation of roleplayers to the programme, we can instill in the wider NS community an attitude of friendliness and mutual co-operation. I realise that mentors can't be everywhere at once - that's why I believe that regular players must assist them in their noble campaign.

Try to post in as many threads as possible. Highly conspicuous displays of writing skill will show new roleplayers how things should be done. I know that I relied heavily upon advice from more senior players during the early stages of my career. I spent many hours trawling through awe-inspiring posts from the likes of Automagfreek and the late-but-great Damirez.

I occasionally drop by #NSSanctuary on Esper.net. Other than that, no.

I'd like to mention Alfegos and Monavia again. Between the two of them, they have molded me into the roleplayer I am today.
Last edited by Alexiandra on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
'A distinction is made in private life between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does. In historical struggles one must make a still sharper distinction between the phrases and fantasies of the parties and their real organisation and real interests, between their conception of themselves and what they really are.'

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Political and Civil war type.

FT and MT

Yes

I try to RP with same groups.

Generally closed

Both can be fun in certain circumstance.

I like the idea of it, in some places it can work and be fun. Especially playing a xenophobic race of humans.

A little fluidity is always good. For the most part capped.

Not as much as I used to.

F7 is my main, NationStates and GE&T

It has really gone down the tube, grammar mistakes, god mod, and general stupidity have run rampant.

A rise in intelligent gamers and roleplays.

Better, I can formulate moderately detailed and sensible paragraphs.

Formulate a grammatically correct, appropriately proportioned post, with some detail, easy to determine it's intent, and a use of sensible limitrs.

4 years, NS was my start.

Reading from other players and getting hands on experience with other games, and just getting older.

It could have more mentors that could be more active.

Kouralia and Malgrave, from their detailed and well planned posts in NSGS, I believe that they could offer a good view on things.

The NSG Senate uses IRC chat.

Monoff and the boys in the NSG Senate and Byzantine Galactic Empire.
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm

I like to generally keep to diplomatic conferences and minor military actions, they seem to have the most realism in their narratives and a great deal of room for character development. As a rule, I avoid marriage RPs and such nonsense, though I could be tempted by an especially worthwhile OP.
I like character RPs a great deal, but I also like to explore my nation through writing, so I prefer nation-based character RPs.

I will play at any level given a good story, but I normally play in MT. I prefer MT to other techs simply because it requires a lot less of what I call 'fitting', which basically means that certain techs have to be taken for granted in every other time period and I have found that different players make different assumptions, making coherency very difficult, though not impossible, at other tech levels.

Absolutely, I like to maintain less-than average tech (as a way to balance stupidly huge armies), so for me, P/MT is an easy way for me to stay behind other players. It also recognizes the diversity in technological development that exists everywhere and makes 'fitting' tech easier.

I'm a member of the Silver Isles, which I have come to depend upon for RPs, though I was originally more of a freelance RPer. I also RP with TLIN, who I cannot praise enough.
Even though I RP a great deal with these folks, if I know of a good story, I'm more than happy to play there too.

Semi-open is best-open. I like to see OPs take control and manage their RPs carefully for the sake of a better storyline, so choosing characters should be up the OP, but should also recognize the wide diversity and potential of having a random collection of RPers.

Yes, my answer is definitely yes. If someone is trying to tell a story, I completely bow to their wisdom. I believe strongly in the innovation and wisdom of an author, so a concrete canon is almost always a worthwhile venture. Then again, sometimes stories can be told without knowing what the ending is going to be, and I enjoy these as well. Ultimately, I trust the OP with deciding how a story is to be told, be it a script or a blank page, I think great stories can be told either way.

I love the concept, humanity facing unknown beings and unknown power is a great basis for a story (I support the writing of alterity). That said, I do not feel that canon RPs are a suitable place for non-humans and mixed tech, so once again, I return to the integrity of the story, whatever is best for the story suits me.

I prefer fluid, but I would not deny the use of stats. I believe that each RP is a story and that stats generally inhibit the nature of that story.

Competitive is a word I don't like, I'm a writer first and an RPer second. The other issue I have with system is that players will blatantly refuse to lose, revealing constantly "secret" plans that miraculously defeat the enemy, but the enemy somehow knew this and had their own "secret" plan that saves them etc. etc. That style of RPing is disturbing to me, so no, I do not like competitive RPing whatsoever.

I've poked around on NS and GE&T, but my home is and always will be II.

I'm really too busy to get involved in a decent story right now, but I think there are always a few good RPs, though the vast majority are failures.

I always want to see more stories written, which only happens as players gain experience, so my hope for II is that it keeps on growing and gaining experience as a community,

I like to think of myself as better (as I'm sure everyone would like to), though I know that there are many writers that are far beyond my level. I see myself as better because I'm willing to recognize the larger story and I'm willing to "lose" so that story can be better. To me, this is the place where one gets better and better and until one has reached that point, they're ultimately doomed to fail.

Recognition of and devotion to the story. Roleplayers will have falws like grammar and spelling etc, all technical issues, but once you reach a level of proficiency at writing, a good roleplayer is one who will always forfeit when the story demands it of him or her and work with characters to develop a piece of literature.

I started roleplaying when I joined NS on Nov 17, 2010. When I leave NS, I will likely stop RPing and I do not currently RP anywhere else.

Writing. There is no substitute for practice.

I never worked directly with a mentor, but I think that advanced players willing to constructively criticize are ultimately the key to developing decent players. Players with potential will accept criticism and grow, player with potential will hopefully ragequit and vanish forever.

I've used espernet every now and then.

There is no one player who 'made' me and I'm definitely not finished learning, but I feel as though my thanks should go to II as whole for being patient through my many failures.
Last edited by Finium on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big chungus, small among us

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Casual ones.

Modern Tech

Yes

It varies. Romberg, Stretta, Neu Engollon and Argent featured within my Barentsburg RP that was running a while ago

Semi Open and Closed.

I set nothing in Stone except the settings.

Mixing past tech with modern tech, yeah thats feasible, (like going to a third world country), mixing sapients and non-humans with humans, Lets not go down there

Capped stats, keeps things more believable

I don't do wars generally so can't answer that

NS, GE&T mainly, have visited F&NI

Not in there ATM

12) What would you like to see change in II?13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why?
pass

one who has a good grasp on the situation and able to put across a setting to help visualise it, and when it comes to writing a scenario or tell a story, keeping people involved.

I play dice based RP set around James Bond, ever heard of "Top Secret" by TSR (they created D&D!)

Read Question 15

works okay

Romberg

IRC channel for my region

Romberg, Maltropia and Neu Engollon
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Justorica
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:21 pm

War, Terrorism, Military. As an umbrella term, I enjoy International Incidents.

Modern Tech.

Some people like the period of technology between today and next millennia.

I RP with anyone who is a decent RPer and has a cool idea.

I prefer semi-open, since it allows people to join but prevents too many people in one thread.

It depends on what is taking place, though in general I prefer an RP where anything can happen alongside a general, set progression towards certain checkpoints.

I prefer not to involve my nation canon in sapient non-human stuff (and in that way, I would suggest a separate sub-board for nations of this type. For that matter, a separate sub-board for each tech level). As for mixing tech level, I don't mind some slight PMT mixing with MT. Just nothing too crazy.

I do not understand what this question is asking me. So I'll just answer green, because green is a nice color.

Certainly.

I check in on Global Economics and Trade & NationStates every now and again. But most of the stuff that interests me I find here.

I'm seeing a lot of sub-par threads (gifted to us on behalf of people new to the forum) and unoriginal ideas. Also, I'm seeing a lot of threads with too many people in it to be enjoyable for me.

I'd like for there to be some more sub-boards for different tech levels and for nations containing non-human sentience.

I'd say I'm probably about average.

Punctuation, capitalization, readable grammar, creativity, flow of what I'm reading.

NS kind of got me started on roleplaying. So I'd say it's been since 2009.

Looking back on my HORRID posts from years past and thinking "I was so stupid. I need to not go back there again". It's just kind of a natural evolution from bad to okay.

I cannot comment on this as I haven't participated in it. So I'll answer green, because green is a nice color.

Please refer to the answer for #17

If the occasion calls for it, I can hop onto any communication platform.

My idiotic, creativity-and-grammar inept past self.

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 am

1) What kind of RPs do you like? all kinds really although I find character driven RP's to be the best along with both military and political RP's being more my style but I have done a lot of more average joe life in your nation RP's along with some P2MV stuff.

2) What tech levels do you generally prefer to use? again I like all kinds although if in RPing with my nation I go for a hard line MT style.

3) Do you think P/MT is a legitimate tag? yes

4) Do you tend to RP with the same people, or do you RP with a variety of people. Are you in an RP region, and if so, which? List any recent RP partners that are worth noting I tend to do region RP's for ISSU a region that I co-founded with my friend and extensive RP partner Grand Soviet Union. I've tried to bring ISSU into the light of an RP region although I feel we have a long ways to go both with skill level and general organization. Honorable mentions go to Rebel Alliances for being another good RP that I have had the pleasure of working with alongside Treko whom although I haven't had much time to RP with him he has shown his skills. Also best newcomer has to be Voyostok although I haven't worked with her yet from what I've seen she will be a great addition to the group of RPers in our little community.

5) Do you prefer your RPs open, semi-open, or closed? I us to do nothing but Open but now that I have a fairly dedicated RP region I tend to go closed now.

6) Do you prefer to RP in set groups with concrete canons, or do you prefer more open, fluid interaction? kind of a mix of both. Most of our RPs are setting up the future of the region so in that aspect it's fairly free and fluid but all past history is set in stone in our Regions Canon

7) Describe your thoughts on mixing tech level, and sapient non-humans in NS RP. I have no issue with them I mean isn't the whole point about the RP forums to be creative? I just don't like it when they try to mix in with other groups that don't want them around or they use the magic excuse for godmoding but that's my only complaint.

8) Do you prefer gameplay stats, capped, or fluid? no preference although Fluid I think is slightly more fun

9) Do you see merit in competitive war roleplaying? yes

10) Do you use other NS RP forums (i.e. GE&T, F&NI, NSSPorts, NS), or do you solely use II? If so, list them. I've RPed in a except NSSports.

11) What do you think of II right now? Are you enjoying it? What do you like, and what don't you like? II is meh all a around I mean I'm seeing some good talent coming up but it's just getting drowned out by the bad which I mean isn't a horrible thing but there just seem to be a lot of half done war RPs between new players floating around.

12) What would you like to see change in II? nothing really I mean I know I just nitpicked on bad first time RPers but I feel II is were a lot of people first start to figure out how to RP correctly and gain their skills. That's how I did it and I still need lots of work.

13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why? I'd say better only because like I said we're seeing a lot of new RPers coming around but I am by far not the best in here.

14) What criteria do you use to define a good roleplayer? basically just writing skill to be honest that's about it.

15) How long have you been roleplaying? Did you RP before you joined NS? about a year ago or so. And no

16) What most effectively helped you learn to RP on NS? mostly just trial and error. I learned to RP better by RPing good people and watching good people RP.

17) In what ways do you think the mentor program could be better? I think they could be a little bit more involved but no not really.

18) Do you have any suggestions for mentors? If so, who? I've seen nothing but kindness come from them but I'd say just be more involved and that should help.

19) Do you use internet relay chat, IRC, or similar messengers to communicate with RPers? If so, which? in usually just TG guys as I don't like giving out personal stuff on Negev

20) Who, if anyone, has been especially helpful to you as a roleplayer? I'd say mainly the RP mods were helpful early in and it was actually a few bad RPers that helped me get the hang of what I should be doing sadly there names excape me or there no longer here with us on NS.
Last edited by Sedikal on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Bundesdeutschland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bundesdeutschland » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Mainly war.

MT or FT.

Yeah, I guess.

4) Do you tend to RP with the same people, or do you RP with a variety of people. Are you in an RP region, and if so, which? List any recent RP partners that are worth noting.
Occasionally, the same people pop up in RPs I like. But I go with a variety.

Semi-open.

Anyway would be fine.

I'm personally fine with that.

I usually use NSTracker so really I guess capped. Don't want to go overkill.

Sometimes.

Not really.

I don't really do II.

I don't use NS II. I'm really just average at roleplaying.

A person who knows how to write well, create a distinct plot, and not a one-liner.

I don't really know, but I definitely RP only NS.

My friend Kuaziland and English class. Don't ask.

I rather them be more active in trying to be mentors instead of just standing back.

Be more active in mentoring.

NS TGs, e-mail, IRC, or Facebook.

Kuaziland. He doesn't RP much but he's helped me a bit.
I'm a Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!
My nation generally reflects my views, but don't entirely assume that. Also, I like telegrams. Please telegram me!

Member of Transversal Red Cross and Western Coalition. IATA Member
Political compass-
Economic left/right: -3.25
Social libertarian/authoritarianism: 0.0

“We know nothing of religion here: we only think of Christ.” -C.S. Lewis.

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”-C.S. Lewis.

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Anything.

Purely FT, but I tend to keep practical technology at the post modern level with a few gadgets.

Of course.

I'll write with anyone, so long as they put in effort and I like their style. It's all about meshing with the other person on an intellectual level. If you can brainstorm an exciting plot with someone, execute it.

Semi-open... But I tend towards writing stories that are more one on one these days and they've been closed.

I run with a set group that's open to newcomers.

I keep my technology pretty mild so I can mix tech levels. The problem is that MT guys are cautious about playing with FT guys. Sapient non-humans?

I use my game play stats, but they really do not matter.

I'm at my sharpest when it's competitive, but it's also not that great of a descriptor... I prefer the term "Double blind storytelling". If it's done well by two or more people who don't hate each other out of character, you get the most convincing and honest writing that there is.

II, but I'm not averse to NS.

It is what it has always been.

Nothing... Shine on, you crazy diamond.

What does that even mean? From experience, I can tell you that the worst roleplayer was always considered the best... Maybe they were good, once, but the cult of personality takes them and it all goes bad. Personally, I am but a grateful student and I learn what I can from everyone that I meet.

A good roleplayer is someone with a good idea. They take that idea and they put in the effort to see it through... Without being a dick.

I caught the writing bug in 2002 thanks to an interactive Warhammer 40k campaign put on by Charlie Brassley. I joined NS in 2003 and I've been a world builder ever since.

Diving head first into roleplays with those that were considered the cream of the crop at the time and being so competitive that I had to win at art.

It would be better if they put me in as a mentor. ;0

They're all solid dudes.

I tend to be on #NSLegion and #Nationstaea on Esper and Gamesurge respectively.

Lots of names... Firstly, Melkor Unchained. If it weren't for his stunning and devious ambushes, Machiavellian nature and all around evil, I wouldn't have had anyone to look up to. Same goes for Menelmacar, Tor Yvresse, Zepplin Manufacturers, Sauron, Mangala, Sunset, Bajon and all the Martians from the early days.

But also, my friends who are no longer with us.
IBNFTW local 8492

Kyogen
Secretary

Founded: Oct 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyogen » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:11 pm

1) What kind of RPs do you like? peaceful or very mild rps because I am not good a war thinks and prefer writing the story to comparing weapons and stuff

2) What tech levels do you generally prefer to use? ancient or 1950

3) Do you think P/MT is a legitimate tag? I don't know what this means

4) Do you tend to RP with the same people, or do you RP with a variety of people. Are you in an RP region, and if so, which? List any recent RP partners that are worth noting I didn't RP a long time so I can't answer

5) Do you prefer your RPs open, semi-open, or closed? all

6) Do you prefer to RP in set groups with concrete canons, or do you prefer more open, fluid interaction? some guidelines

7) Describe your thoughts on mixing tech level, and sapient non-humans in NS RP. It should be the same and I can't really understand too crazy things in rp

8) Do you prefer gameplay stats, capped, or fluid? fluid and maybe capped if I understand it right

9) Do you see merit in competitive war roleplaying? no

10) Do you use other NS RP forums (i.e. GE&T, F&NI, NSSPorts, NS), or do you solely use II? If so, list them. no

11) What do you think of II right now? Are you enjoying it? What do you like, and what don't you like? I didn't even post here yet

12) What would you like to see change in II? None yet

13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why? My english is not so good but I consentrate hard on posting when I RP so I think I am ok but far from elite

14) What criteria do you use to define a good roleplayer? not only out to win and use crazy star wars space stuff

15) How long have you been roleplaying? Did you RP before you joined NS? I tried first time to rp when I joined NS in 2007 and I don't much

16) What most effectively helped you learn to RP on NS? a guide like many on here... someone writing in detail how to build characters and stories

17) In what ways do you think the mentor program could be better? I did not try it

18) Do you have any suggestions for mentors? If so, who? none yet

19) Do you use internet relay chat, IRC, or similar messengers to communicate with RPers? If so, which? I used MSN messenger with one and facebook with another

20) Who, if anyone, has been especially helpful to you as a roleplayer? many helped me over the years but I can't remember names

Elipida
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Elipida » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Anything really. What ever takes my interest, which tends to be something I know will have some action/drama in it

Preferably MT/PMT, though on occasions FT. At one point I did a FanT RP.

So yeah, as long as it isn't PT

Of course. Something that we can do but cannot because of the lack of funds, interest, resources, etc

I prefer to know who a person is before RPing with them, but variety is fine too. But previous experience with them helps me figure out what kind of jokes or stunts i can pull of with them around, generally what can i and cannot do

When the RP is multiverse I like to have Monfrox, Agritum, BranRiech and Xing, among others, as they are all extremely competent RPers

When it is an IC thing, New Cinoth, BettaMin and Wyztrkstan, among others, as I've RPed with them a lot and again, they are very competent RPers

Yes, I am part of a RP region (Though I use a puppet as a proxy as this nation ICly is in a different region) called The Silver Isles

Open. Keeps a good RP alive with a wider variety. Plus it brings an opportunity for people I don't know to join so I can see if they're someone I want to continue with

Balance. Too closed and the players will feel restricted. Too open and the players will have no idea what to do and will let the RP die

Good in a controlled setting, bad in a crazy 'justified' godmod because of magic or spaceships against a modern army.
I generally do not want to RP with someone who's playing as a pony or something equally daft, like dinosaurs

*Ahem

Fluid. Stats and caps limit creativity. sure, it means no one can godmod, but it really takes away from the experience.

If I wanted stats, I would be playing DnD or something of the sort

Certainly

I actually haven't used II in a while now. Most of the RPs I've been in either as this nation or as one of my abundant colonies are in the Portal to the Multiverse or in F7 before the creation of the Portal

Technically they're not RPs as far as I'm concerned, but in GE&T I have a nice storefront by my standards and compared to some other ones I've seen. I've also did one or two "Prototype needs funding"-type threads there too

It's nice to play as a nation or a large entity every once in a while

Sub boards so surfing through the threads for the rare (good) FT RP isn't ridiculous

Better, and that's hopefully not just my ego speaking. I've seen a lot of low-quality roleplaying all with terrible grammar, inconsistencies, and often being no longer than a line or two.

In the region I'm in, I'm seen as one of the senior members and a roleplay mentor. Sure I will argue a lot with the newbies, but in the end I'm helping and they're willing to learn

GRAMMAR
After that is creativity, not forcing him/herself on others, being able to adapt to any given situation and not complain too much unless it really warrants it

for about five-six years now.
Yes, I did RP quite a bit before NS. it was crap, but it was some experience

in high school my english teacher told me that my creative writing skills were impressive and if i improved on them, I can really 'make a name for myself' as a young Canadian author and submit my work to the young writer publisher.

Looking back now, my work was crap at best, with so many inconsistencies, grammar mistakes, and a theme so obviously devised by a teenager surrounding only mindless violence and sex, but i probably wouldn't have a selling book if i never tried (god I sound old)

My major themes still stayed roughly the same, but now there's more depth and drama, among other things

...there's a mentor program?

Well you can start by being more prominent, i guess

Well, certainly not myself, I may end up scaring some people away with my endless posts of corrections and so forth

Ummm, Monfrox maybe?

Chatzy and Skype, though normally with those within my region. I don't think I have ever done so with people I don't know

I would like to thank my publisher for being a hardass and forcing me to read over and redo my work over and over again.
Other than him, various RPers whose writing styles I've taken and incorporated into my own
Just a heads up; the demonym is "Elipian", not "Elipidian"
Wiki Page PMT/EFT Factbook
High Quality Weapons and Technologies
Bosiso wrote:A global, yet peaceful empire that maintains its peace by strength.
Drakeland wrote:The force necessary to keep the world united.
Grellania wrote:What in the hell is going on in Elipida? Every man has guns for arms and legs?
Frisivisia wrote:
Elipida wrote:what's wrong with homosexuality? What have homosexuals ever do to you?

They leave behind a trail of fabulousness. You know how hard fabulousness is to clean up?
"Whoever Wishes for Peace, Let Him Prepare for War"

The Free Republic of Akan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Republic of Akan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:21 pm

1) What kind of RPs do you like? Story Rps, nice long with lots of people

2) What tech levels do you generally prefer to use? MT and FT

3) Do you think P/MT is a legitimate tag? Yes, because 50-100 years isnt FT or MT

4) Do you tend to RP with the same people, or do you RP with a variety of people. Are you in an RP region, and if so, which? List any recent RP partners that are worth noting. I RP with a variety of different people. Aurora Confederacy, Vortukia

Open

Fluid interaction

7) Describe your thoughts on mixing tech level, and sapient non-humans in NS RP. Sapient non humans are fine, especially in FT. Mixing tech level... not so much. It just isnt right to have a death star and an abrams next to eachother.

8) Do you prefer gameplay stats, capped, or fluid? Capped

9) Do you see merit in competitive war roleplaying? No

10) Do you use other NS RP forums (i.e. GE&T, F&NI, NSSPorts, NS), or do you solely use II? If so, list them. GE&T, NS

11) What do you think of II right now? Are you enjoying it? What do you like, and what don't you like? I am ok with II now. I feel like RP quality has somewhat increased. I hate god modders and one liners.

12) What would you like to see change in II?13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why? 12. Less Godmodding 13. I consider myself average. I put some detail, and never wank or godmod.

1. Details
2. No Godmodding
3. Good OOC relationships

7 months (including puppets)

At the begging, there was crap. The lectures they gave helped.

17) In what ways do you think the mentor program could be better? N/A, never used it

18) Do you have any suggestions for mentors? If so, who? None

19) Do you use internet relay chat, IRC, or similar messengers to communicate with RPers? If so, which? No

20) Who, if anyone, has been especially helpful to you as a roleplayer? Nobody in particular
The correct way to say the people in my country is Akanian.
Our motto is translated in latin to "The people have the power"
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?
Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate

Thama
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thama » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:56 am

Army Battles (though not necessarily wars) and character battles, also just character meetings and such.

PMT and FT

Yes, why wouldn't it be?

I try to rp with many people whenever I can but usually tend to just rp with the same people

Semi-Open

...Somewhere half way in between

Sapient Non-humans are fine in PMT, FT and FanT if you ask me, but ponies are fucking annoying. It's just too unoriginal. Mixing Tech levels is confusing to say the least, but PMT works so.

Fluid, I think. Badly phrased question.

Yes

I... What? I don't even...

No comment.

No comment.

I don't consider myself either.

There's too many variables and types of RP to list that.

Since I was about 8. So yes, before NS.

Friends

The wha?

The wha?

Skype, usually xD

I guess Kaldaran, but between you and me, random sruvey, I'm pretty sure I helped him more <3
Politics? In my NS? It's more likely than you think.
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.50
Factbook, not stats. Not a guy, not a gal.
- The Nikopolian Empire and Archoncy of Thama -
- Des Nikopolsraik ed Arkoncy of Thama -
Capital city: Capital District Territory
Official languages: Ostspeak, Llynduneg
Government: Federated Parliamentary Monarchy
Population: 234,240,000
Head of State: Cedric Stargard
National Anthem: First March
Technology Level: Class V11 (Late PMT)
Area: 6,103,670 Sq km (mainland)
Old Map

Insert Cliche Here

Helladria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Character RPs usually focused on diplomacy and foreign relations or on exchanges and interactions by non-governmental actors. I enjoy when my characters can/must experience the lands and cultures of foreign nations, or conversely when foreigners find themselves in Helladria. Even so, I usually avoid school threads, especially grade school. Though I don't have anything against participating in wars, per se, I do find the experience to usually be more trouble than it's worth in an OoC sense.

MT by default, but I'd really like to dabble in the whole gamut from a wide range of PT time periods, MT, FT, and maybe even PMT. I believe that even FanT may be enjoyable under the right circumstances.

If it helps people communicate between themselves on what sort of RP is being held, I guess it serves a purpose. Though I've seen the P/MT tag before, I'm not entirely clear on what it means. My working assumption has been that it is a PMT thread open to MT nations as well. If true, then I would consider P/MT to really just be PMT by another name.

Though my preference is to RP with many good RPers from many different regions, the reality is that I usually RP with the same people time and again. My current region is meant to be an RP region but we haven't done much to get it off the ground.

Usually either semi-open or semi-closed. I like to meet fresh faces, but open RPs often have weak standards and can easily become unruly.

I definitely prefer the more open, fluid interaction. I don't mind when people build bilateral or multilateral canons amongst themselves, and I like to incorporate RPed events into my nation's canon, and generally want others to do the same. What I don't like is if other people's canons get in the way of a good RP or when I find my nation constrained by a canon I had no hand in.

Mixing tech level has happened a great deal in human history, but for our purposes I don't care for it unless it is a central element to an RP (e.g. a first contact sort of thing). My rule of thumb is that when one mixes tech levels, in effect, the highest tech level becomes the de facto standard. Regarding non-humans, it's really about what type of game is being run. If it's a world where sapient non-humans exist, then go crazy mixing humans and non-humans, so long as it makes sense. It's really about what the players want. Obviously, this cuts the other way too. People who want human-only RPs shouldn't suddenly be forced into a situation where they need to acknowledge the existence of pony nations, for instance. Where this really starts to become complicated is what to do when human nations participate in human-only RPs and then participate in non-human RPs. This topic deserves a lot more attention than I'm going to give it, though. Again I have a rule of thumb, which is that the player should be able to participate as they will between the two RP types, but must prevent bleed over of content that requires acknowledgement of human-only circumstances in human+ settings or human+ circumstances in human-only settings. I hope that makes sense.

Fluid stats are the best, but it only works if everyone is on the same page. Capped may be necessary, especially when people just keep building bigger otherwise. Above all, I try to eschew any reference to gameplay stats.

I really don't, to be honest. Competitive war RPing requires some sort of standard by which to measure performance, which is mostly lacking in an open ended RP forum like II or NS. Competitive war RPs would really be better conducted as wargaming, which is an entirely different type of creature than we have here. Then again what about... scorinators??

I happily use both II and NS.
I most often post on F&NI when I'm bored, but it serves as more than a time killer. Some of the topics have gotten me to consider how I want my government or society structured, and it's also where my nation's factbook and foreign relations threads reside.
I have not really found much use for GE&T myself. I don't usually make use of storefronts. Instead I leave the presence of foreign goods and businesses up for negotiation in the RPs themselves.
I'm mildly interested in NSSports, but it's such an alien culture, and I have no personal interest or expertise in sports, so I just haven't felt the desire to really give it a go.

It is what it is. I can't say I am enjoying it, as I simply haven't found anything to inspire me on Nation States lately, but that' my problem.

I'm not really sure what actionable changes I'd like to see. Scorination or a dice roller for people who have need? I don't really know. Those might lead to giant headaches.

I happen to know that I am precisely .76 standard deviations above the mean. Why do you ask? Obviously, I jest. I don't know where I stand relative to my peers, nor is it something for me to decide. I think I'm pretty good, and so long as others concur, that's what counts.

1. Good RPers on NationStates must first be good RPers otherwise. Good RPers give thought, voice, and deeds to their characters in a way that is believable and compelling. They also remain meticulously in character when appropriate, and keep their characters adequately compartmentalized.
2. Good RPers on NationStates don't let spelling and grammatical errors mar their writing. They happen to the best of us, but when such errors are too numerous, it gets in the way of the story.
3. Good RPers on NationStates also create a more immersive experience with their writing. An eye for detail and taking the time necessary to sufficiently relate the characters, settings, and events described makes a difference to any reader. While some may appreciate more detailed writing than others, no serious RPers take kindly to one-liners.
4. Good RPers on NationStates are respectful. Not being a jerk is one of the more obvious ways to keep with this criterion, but it's also important to keep other potential problems in mind. Different people come to the table with different expectations, and different areas of focus, and compromise is essential when conflicts of vision arise. That's not to say that it's one's responsibility to give in whenever there's a problem, but a good RPer knows how to give as well as take. Also to this point, good RPers always know to keep their hands to themselves. Everyone is responsible for their own countries and their own characters, but not those of other players unless otherwise specified.

Maybe two and a half years on a semi-regular basis. I have very limited actual experience RPing otherwise.

1. I had a good command of the English language to start with, including spelling, grammar, and vocabulary.
2. I had tons of pent up RP theory looking to be exercised.
3. I lurked and checked out the rules and help threads.
4. I observed others and practiced by doing.
5. I repeated step 4 ad nauseam.

I can't speak to that.

I don't think so.

I have, but rarely for RP purposes.

Loads of people, from the best RPers to the worst. I tend to emulate what I like and avoid what I don't.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Military, character-based. Anything with a mixture of guns and peace is okay with me.

FT.

Yeah.

I RP with a variety of people.

Semi-open IC, open OOC.

I prefer a set, concrete canon.

I think that tech level mixing leads to bad things- I pretty much learned that when I joined an RP with Themiclesia. Sapient nonhumans are nice, they give the RP variety.

I prefer somewhat fluid stats, according to the period of one's nation that is being role played.

Not really. I don't fully know about it yet. What is it?

Factbooks I like posting on, but I haven't been on the others. I would like to be,; currently, though, I'm mostly in II.

I enjoy it very much here.

Well, I don't know if my technology would be considered godmod or not, and I feel like I'm not the best, but certainly not too bad. I have no requests for changes yet.

Good RPers are respectful, helpful to the best of their ability, on-topic, obedient of RP rules, and polite.

I"'ve been RPing for a year now.

Being in, and observing, other RPs.

There's a mentor program?

I have none.

I use none of these.

20) Who, if anyone, has been especially helpful to you as a roleplayer? I can think of nobody in particular.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 am

Generally ones involving governments, or at the very least, organizations.

PT, MT or FT.

Yes, but only as long as there aren't great disparities in tech between players.

A variety. Panessos. Ghant, Gillenor, Allanea, Mizrad.

Semi-open.

Fairly open, although for historical events I am quite prepared to work around histories.

I don't think much of tech level mixes, unless everybody gets to use their nation from different tech levels. I have no objection to sapient non-humans.

Fluid but based on gameplay stats, e.g. if your nation is clearly a dictatorship with a hopeless/good economy, it should be RPed as a dictatorship with a hopeless/good economy.

Not much.

GE&T, F&NI, NS.

I'm certainly enjoying it, although I wish there was more economic discussion here. No other complaints though.

See above.

Better primarily by virtue of experience here, except at people interactions which I avoid - I think I have the sense to work around what I'm good at and also enough sense to try new writing styles.

1. Can you visualize in detail what they are trying to put across?
2. Does it make sense?
3. Is it realistic?
4. Is RPing with them more enjoyable than not?

At least 3 years. Not much.

Practice, starting small.

It could be more pro-active.

Be more pro-active.

Yes - my regional IRC.

The Teddy Bear Republic Empire.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

New Laikland
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:41 pm

1) What kind of RPs do you like?: WarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWarWar

2) What tech levels do you generally prefer to use?: Modern

3) Do you think P/MT is a legitimate tag?: Aye

4) Do you tend to RP with the same people, or do you RP with a variety of people. Are you in an RP region, and if so, which? List any recent RP partners that are worth noting: I haven't RPed in a while, but back in the days when I did, it was pretty random.

5) Do you prefer your RPs open, semi-open, or closed?: Semi-open, I really hate it when 50 nations jump in, it gets too cluttered and confusing to reply to.

6) Do you prefer to RP in set groups with concrete canons, or do you prefer more open, fluid interaction?: More open interaction.

7) Describe your thoughts on mixing tech level, and sapient non-humans in NS RP.: Mixing tech levels like PT and MT is not that bad, but I have RPed against a FT nation as MT, and it sucked. Bad.

8) Do you prefer gameplay stats, capped, or fluid?: Fluid.

9) Do you see merit in competitive war roleplaying?: A little bit.

10) Do you use other NS RP forums (i.e. GE&T, F&NI, NSSPorts, NS), or do you solely use II? If so, list them.: I participate on NSG and FNI, but plan on returning to II and GET soon.

11) What do you think of II right now? Are you enjoying it? What do you like, and what don't you like?: Like I said, it's been a while.

12) What would you like to see change in II?^^^^

13) Do you consider yourself to be better or worse at roleplaying than most posters in International Incidents? Why?: Maybe slightly better than the majority of people today (a lot of... new people), but back maybe 1-3 years ago, I wasn't the best.

14) What criteria do you use to define a good roleplayer?: Someone who keeps it realistic, fun and doesn't over-do the RP.

15) How long have you been roleplaying? Did you RP before you joined NS?: I never really RPed before NS, and Ive been here since, what, 07 or 08?

16) What most effectively helped you learn to RP on NS?: Simply RPing and getting yelled at for being shitty.

17) In what ways do you think the mentor program could be better?: I didn't know there was one, I thought Mentor was just Milograd running around yelling at shitty RPers to stop sucking

18) Do you have any suggestions for mentors? If so, who?: Milograd, keep being awesome.

19) Do you use internet relay chat, IRC, or similar messengers to communicate with RPers? If so, which?: Yeah. I stumble into random IRCs for lulz here and there.

20) Who, if anyone, has been especially helpful to you as a roleplayer?: It's been a while, I hardly remember names. As far as I can remember, maybe Turga Tech for Storefronts, and I think his name was Reformed Britannia for Storefronts and RP.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:54 am

Notice:

I'm going to have this thread unpinned and locked once we reach post number 102. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this survey, and I hope that the team will be able to put your answers to good use. My colleagues and I -- but probably mostly me, in all honesty -- will be reviewing every answer given in this thread personally, and I'm sure that'll be tedious a blast.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Milograd
II Mentor
Last edited by Milograd on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired

Riemaia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Riemaia » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 am

Character roleplays

Magi-Tech

No

Tend to RP with the same people, and am a member of Mystria. But when i do lurk around the forums for something to do with others, the quality I end up seeing does seem to be a little lacking which nudges me back to RPing with the same people I usually play with.

Semi-open

More open

I prefer to keep around my own tech level, and also RP exclusively with sapient non-humans

capped

no

NS, GE&T, F&NI

meh

no comment

not willing to disclose at this time

a few years, and no

other people (who arent mentors)

More cake!

none at this time

Yus, IRC

Crystal Spires, New Edom
Last edited by Riemaia on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free Hellenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Hellenia » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Riemaia wrote:1) What kind of RPs do you like?
Character roleplays

Magi-Tech

No

Tend to RP with the same people, and am a member of Mystria. But when i do lurk around the forums for something to do with others, the quality I end up seeing does seem to be a little lacking which nudges me back to RPing with the same people I usually play with.

Semi-open

More open

I prefer to keep around my own tech level, and also RP exclusively with sapient non-humans

capped

no

NS, GE&T, F&NI

meh

no comment

not willing to disclose at this time

a few years, and no

other people (who arent mentors)

More cake!

none at this time

Yus, IRC

Crystal Spires, New Edom

Looks like the last Survey!
The Way you call a person from Free Hellenia is
Hellenic

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents