NATION

PASSWORD

A War of Industry and Influence [OOC/Semi-Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:01 am

Meinkraft wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Nope. Assuming your opponent has no defences without getting a confirmation = assuming things about your opponent without approval = the very definition of godmodding.

The bombs had not hit their target, he still has time.

Getting into enemy airspace uncontested, while defences has been posted is godmodding. No matter if you drop them or not.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Mozria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Meinkraft wrote:The bombs had not hit their target, he still has time.

Getting into enemy airspace uncontested, while defences has been posted is godmodding. No matter if you drop them or not.

He would have to have his planes pretty much directly over me if he wanted to drop gravity munitions. He also refers to missiles, though, which is confusing. If he is really referring to missiles, he probably based them on either the Popeye Turbo ALCM (AGM-142 Have Nap) or the AGM-158 JASSM. Both of these have ~350 kilometer range to them if launched at high altitude in optimal weather.

Mozria's capital, Regis, is situated in the city-state of Munotka. Munotka, as it is placed in the current map, is out towards the right-most third of the country, somewhat towards the middle. If you reference the map of the region, the "o" in Mozria is about in the lower right corner of the city-state.

If Nova Sylva's 1px : 20km approximation was the case, that would make Mozria about 9,200 kilometers wide- about 800 kilometers less than the width of Russia. The Strachan Sea would be about 4,000 kilometers wide. As Syl bases all of his stuff on the US military, I would only assume that his B-22 "Barringers" are B-2 Spirit clones. As such, they have a maximum range of ~11,000 kilometers with one air refueling period. A round-trip from Nova Sylva's furthest outlying island, to Regis and back would be ~17,800 kilometers, discounting any detours, evasive maneuvers or other deviations from a set route. This would be prohibitive to any kind of return trip, providing that the bombers even made it into Mozrian airspace.

The Mozrian coast (and the waters beyond) during a time of war are heavily patrolled, with long-range X-band and meter-wave VHF radars on the coastline looking into the sky to detect aircraft as interceptor fighters lie in wait at their airbases to be called to defense of the country. Intermittent ASW patrols, both seaborne and helicopter-based, comb the seas for possible submarine intrusions. Getting anything, even "stealth" planes past these defensive measures is (at the least) very difficult.

VHF radars can detect his stealth bombers at great height (although with less precision), and can direct interceptors into the vicinity of the squadron to destroy them. Seeing as he has to go over more than 5,000 kilometers of space in which they would be well within detection and engagement range before the bombers ever even get within the maximum distance to fire off their cruise missiles, he has no chance of ever being able to complete his operation.

As well as my ~140-ship fleet steaming its way into the gulf, complete with VHF radars and interceptors both
Last edited by Mozria on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 am

Plus, about the refueling thing, I doubt that even if Nova thinks of this, it will neither be possible nor practical, which is a "carrier" big enough to accommodate B-22's that are apparently B-2 Spirits. If that was to be, then you would need an astronomical amount of fuel for one, for both the ship ( Fuel need can change with size ) and the B-22's ( They are bombers, and bombers in common sense and real-life require more fuel then what a fighter would require ). Two, this ship needs a large, and I mean large runway for the bombers to land properly without them crashing into the sea or into the deck if they brake too hard or something, which also means that maintaining the large runway would be a task that would consume valuable time that could be used in other things that refer to the missions success, which that may be one but there are many others. Three, would be how much a target the carrier would be, since I just said its a damn enormous carrier, it can attract ships to it like bees swarming towards honey. The ship could be noisy ( large ships need large engines, or am I wrong about this statement? ) and it could also POP onto the screens of maritime radar systems in a quick amount of time or immediately. Four, last but not least, is the absolute loss of funds to such a fragile ship if it were to be devised and made. It could even be possible to lose enough money to deprive the civilian and/or military economy completely out of cash. That is all, thank you for reading my post. :ugeek:
Proud member of Septentrion

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:24 am

Erquin wrote:Plus, about the refueling thing, I doubt that even if Nova thinks of this, it will neither be possible nor practical, which is a "carrier" big enough to accommodate B-22's that are apparently B-2 Spirits. If that was to be, then you would need an astronomical amount of fuel for one, for both the ship ( Fuel need can change with size ) and the B-22's ( They are bombers, and bombers in common sense and real-life require more fuel then what a fighter would require ). Two, this ship needs a large, and I mean large runway for the bombers to land properly without them crashing into the sea or into the deck if they brake too hard or something, which also means that maintaining the large runway would be a task that would consume valuable time that could be used in other things that refer to the missions success, which that may be one but there are many others. Three, would be how much a target the carrier would be, since I just said its a damn enormous carrier, it can attract ships to it like bees swarming towards honey. The ship could be noisy ( large ships need large engines, or am I wrong about this statement? ) and it could also POP onto the screens of maritime radar systems in a quick amount of time or immediately. Four, last but not least, is the absolute loss of funds to such a fragile ship if it were to be devised and made. It could even be possible to lose enough money to deprive the civilian and/or military economy completely out of cash. That is all, thank you for reading my post. :ugeek:

I seriously doubt that he would be deploying from something like that. A carrier for such aircraft would be prohibitively large due to the planes' design, and also would have many more issues. B-2s are supposed to be land-based only, anyways, as their wings do not fold (such would break their streamlined shell, giving small fringes for radar to snag up on and detect the aircraft). As such, they are very wide (approximately 52 meters). Also, carrier landings in pitching seas are hard enough, but trying to do them with something with a lot of inertia being thrown around (a bomber, for example, like a B-52 or even a B-2) is very difficult considering how long and wide their runways are. A ship capable of launching or landing bombers would be incredibly massive, also needing huge elevators and storage bays to accommodate the immensely wide and long fixed-wing aircraft.

The only way that he may try to go at me with those planes is either out of the island that is furthest east of his country (which I have been making measurements from) or from some little airbase island in the Strachan that he may magically pull out of thin air. At this point, I am expecting him to do the latter.

BTW: Large ships run on nuclear power, nowadays.

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:56 am

I really just wish I can do an RP with you Mozria :C Im getting tired of going into smaller RP's where they are PAUSING randomly :C
Proud member of Septentrion

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:00 am

Yeah, Mozria, Uhm, something like that. Meanwhile, you still don't have a comprehensive factbook.

Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 am

Meinkraft wrote:Yeah, Mozria, Uhm, something like that. Meanwhile, you still don't have a comprehensive factbook.

I just haven't put forth the effort to put all of my data into a collection yet. Believe me, I have a bunch of stuff written down in journals and documents in odd places. I just need to compile it before installing it in a series of factbook posts.

However, I only really have current things pinned down for sure. Sheldon keeps screwing up Meridia's history on a whim (moving war into 1950s simply for jets, leaving our history dangling and for naught), and as such I cannot really figure out Mozria's past.

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Have you guys noticed that this war is four-against-one now? I'm feeling a bit lonely.

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 am

Mozria wrote:Have you guys noticed that this war is four-against-one now? I'm feeling a bit lonely.

Really? I think that is in fact, hilarious.

… Regis will soon be in the hands of the blue helmet squad.
Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:27 am

In the meantime, the EPD certainly will not.

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:51 am

Mozria wrote:In the meantime, the EPD certainly will not.

That's what you think. See what happens when I lead my glorious troops to victory!

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 am

Meinkraft wrote:
Mozria wrote:In the meantime, the EPD certainly will not.

That's what you think. See what happens when I lead my glorious troops to victory!

My sooper dooper spess mehreens (not actually space marines) will save the day! You have yet to see my plan unfold!

BTW, could we accept at this point that your little 1960s blockade groups have been AShM'd into the bottom of the sea? I would really not like to write another post for that.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:52 am

No, Mozria, you may not. They are of vital importance to Operation: Crosscheck!

Also, about this whole bomber thing, I am confident that I can defend my position on the matter, however I feel it's not worth the argument, because we'd spend the next twelve pages discussing it instead of just writing IC stuff. So I'll take it down.

However the rest of my post will stay up, as it's not godmod whatsoever.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:22 am

Mozria wrote:Mozria is only fighting to keep the men and women in the EPD safe.

And that is why a 140-ship fleet is necessary?

Overkill much?

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:33 am

Nova Sylva wrote:No, Mozria, you may not. They are of vital importance to Operation: Crosscheck!

Also, about this whole bomber thing, I am confident that I can defend my position on the matter, however I feel it's not worth the argument, because we'd spend the next twelve pages discussing it instead of just writing IC stuff. So I'll take it down.

I've been attacking your fleet for two days, with superior weapons and fighting capability! How would they not be destroyed?

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:38 am

Mozria wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:No, Mozria, you may not. They are of vital importance to Operation: Crosscheck!

I've been attacking your fleet for two days, with superior weapons and fighting capability! How would they not be destroyed?

MeinKraft's, or mine? BTW, I took off the bombing mission.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:52 am

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
Mozria wrote:I've been attacking your fleet for two days, with superior weapons and fighting capability! How would they not be destroyed?

Oopsies. For whatever reason, I though Mein was saying that. :?

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Mozria wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:

Oopsies. For whatever reason, I though Mein was saying that. :?

Ah. Anywho, have you seen the BF4 Naval Strike?

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
Mozria wrote:Oopsies. For whatever reason, I though Mein was saying that. :?

Ah. Anywho, have you seen the BF4 Naval Strike?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guEkrrfDpZI

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1208168477&feature=iv&src_vid=VsKtjwQaA5k&v=ZCQ2AD-JQxw

.-- .... .- - / - .... . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.. .. -.. / .. / .--- ..- ... - / .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--..

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Meinkraft wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1208168477&feature=iv&src_vid=VsKtjwQaA5k&v=ZCQ2AD-JQxw

.-- .... .- - / - .... . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.. .. -.. / .. / .--- ..- ... - / .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--..

wat

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
Meinkraft wrote:.-- .... .- - / - .... . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.. .. -.. / .. / .--- ..- ... - / .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--..

wat

Morse code. I sent you an email as well.

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Meinkraft wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:
wat

Morse code. I sent you an email as well.

And that means what?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents