NATION

PASSWORD

GESO OOC thread.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

GESO OOC thread.

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:16 pm

As it says in the title.

I'll list members when the thread is done, and me and the PR department will add fluff later.

I have a question for all GESO candidates/future members I wish to establish a real time chat channel for us on IRC, I can give you guys the link to it (Ice chat is better or you can just use mibbit. But if anyone has any objections state them now.

Link to our thread.

Anyone else interested please make a comment here and then telegram either me or Akrid with an IC request and reasoning to why you want to join , and we'll sort out the candidates. In the interest of activity and better coherency , as well as ease of RP the GESO will for now be limited to 8 member states.

For the ease of application:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=264632

THESE ARE OUR FORUMS, USE THEM:

((ooc: We have a forum now I suggest you all sign up , I know its hard to communicate on irc due to different time zones so me and another player have created two forums, a back up and a main one the link is here:

(( HERE PAY ATTENTION! ))

The master Directory list

Our IRC:
irc.rizon.net: #AAOC (Back up channel)
Irc.esper.net: #AOC (primary chat ic/ooc for alliance members and invited persons), #GESO is our main ooc and general lobby for chatting.

Some respective client links:
http://www.icechat.net
http://www.esper.net/
http://www.rizon.net/
http://www.mibbit.com/

Remember #GESO and #AOC are our two main channels.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:36 am, edited 8 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:22 pm

IRC so some odd reason refuses to work with my laptop... sorry. LOL
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Akrid
Envoy

Founded: Mar 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Okay folks, I know we have all read and most likely agreed to the charter OOC, but I want to give you a heads up on how I will be RP'ing this IC.

My nation is rather isolationist due to most of our population dieing recently due to the attack from an entity which is the incarnation of entropy. We shifted UNIVERSES to escape this thing. So, while we are going to sign the charter, we will be a little reluctant.

Also, I am going to be putting the following proposals on the table:
[ol]
[li]Creation of a unified equipment design agreement analogous to the NATO STANAG standard to make logistics and trade simpler[/il]
[li]Creation of a Solar Array Pumped Laser system in each star inhabited by your nations[/il]
[li]Transition to a modular BattleTech style Omni system for vehicle and ship weapons and equipment for greater mission flexibility[/li]
[li]Creation of Regional Commands for the Satellite Galaxies and the four quadrants of the galaxy[/li]
[/ol]

The two I am most concerned about is the STANAG agreement and the shift to an Omni system. Both will serve to simplify the logistical tail and allow for better cross support between the member nations in time of war. If they all get voted down, we will still sign the charter. You have my word on that.

I have never used IRC before, so I am neutral on the subject. That said, from a strategic and tactical outlook, better communications are always a good thing.
Factbook | Embassy Program | GESO Member
DEFCON 2 | SECCON 2 | INFOCON 4
Flag by Skulley
Emperor: His Imperial Majesty Lucas Iudas Caesar, Emperor of Akrid and Kaapio, Protector of Hi Rakhana, Kerenskiy Konfederatsii, New Calocour, Galatana, and Gellix, Defender of the Faith
Prime Minister: His Excellency Pekka Takala, Grand Duke of Kuokkala and Chief of the Jalopeura Clan
President: Her Excellency Elena McEvedy
Full Name: Imperial Union of Akrid (Imperium Akrid)
National Language: Latin, Kaapio (Finnish)
Capital: Akrid
Form of Government: Confederal Constitutional Monarchy with a Codified Constitution
Diplomatic Stance: Pseudo-Isolationist
Demonym: Akridii or Akridian
My nation uses Magic, please see my factbook for info

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Hobbeebia wrote:IRC so some odd reason refuses to work with my laptop... sorry. LOL

There is a web based client that might called mibbit and other clients I'll be posting the links.

http://www.icechat.net/site/help/ ( irc.esper.net #AOC)
http://www.esper.net/‎ (#AOC) (you can web chat from here easily and join the chan)
http://www.mibbit.com/ (irc.esper.net #AOC)

#AOC is our main channel (IE Allied Operations Command, chill , plan, go ice anything really)

Akrid this is for you, you need to register so I can auto op you. Since your XO.

/nickserv register (password) (email) <--- the command in there.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:42 pm

I vote we go the less dictatish roue and we can still maintain the possibility for some standard equipment. If we can go the joint projects route Ala F-35 ofc they were be optional but nations will be able to combine the best of their tech. The same goes for the solar arrays, I got a few but I can always use more and I need to install components for those lasers on my existing and new ones..
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:39 pm

If you need a villian... look no further :)

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Kornosia wrote:If you need a villian... look no further :)

Villain eh? What sort of villain, tell me about yourself.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Oh where to start... I command a race known as the Ventorie. A Nomadic race of warmongers who worship the Blood-god Khraawl that seek to find a new Homeworld, oftentimes through the brutal massacring of millions of innocent people in order to fuel the Horde fleet.

Biological facts:

The Ventorie are a Ammonia/ Sulfer based Life-form which prefers to breathe either Sulfer gas or Hydrogen. In most cases a single Ventorie can survive on the sparce amounts of Intersteller Hydrogen in space for periods of up to 4 hours through osmossis of the skin. The Ventorie also are prone to canniblism and the consuming of other races from planets they have attacked. Although in extreme cases the consuming of plant matter has been known to happen. The Ventorie are asexual reproducers and each Ventorie is know to birth 5 children during its normal lifecycle.

Cultural facts:

The Ventorie live in a strictly "Strength rules" society. this means any Ventorie can serve in a position so long as they are strong enough to defend their command. Ship captainsregularly change hats due to internal power struggles. Money does not exist within the society, however barter is common. Personal possessions are defended to the death.

Military facts:

See FactBook on NS page.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 pm

GESO should come online shortly, I have no objections. How about you guys, it should be a fun rp and a test of our little group.

Quite an interesting concept by the way.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Wonderful!

I look forward to being able to Rp with you all!

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Kornosia wrote:Wonderful!

I look forward to being able to Rp with you all!

It should bring a bit of activity to the galaxy all right :P.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Akrid
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Per STANAG, my idea on standardized tech is designed to be a voluntary program in which members may choose to follow the protocols or not as they choose (Germany's weaponry is a perfect example here, same with the UK and France). It is also aimed more at things like USB ports, energy cells, software handshake protocols, etc. than weapons.

I do like the joint projects idea though. Don't know how we will work it yet, but it sounds good.

As for the SAPL laser, once you build a few, you can increase power output by 0.5% annually simply by heating and then spin-purifying C and M type asteroids. Check out Troy Rising for the example of how this works.
Flag by Skulley
Emperor: His Imperial Majesty Lucas Iudas Caesar, Emperor of Akrid and Kaapio, Protector of Hi Rakhana, Kerenskiy Konfederatsii, New Calocour, Galatana, and Gellix, Defender of the Faith
Prime Minister: His Excellency Pekka Takala, Grand Duke of Kuokkala and Chief of the Jalopeura Clan
Form of Government: Confederal Constitutional Monarchy with a Codified Constitution

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Akrid wrote:Per STANAG, my idea on standardized tech is designed to be a voluntary program in which members may choose to follow the protocols or not as they choose (Germany's weaponry is a perfect example here, same with the UK and France). It is also aimed more at things like USB ports, energy cells, software handshake protocols, etc. than weapons.

I do like the joint projects idea though. Don't know how we will work it yet, but it sounds good.

As for the SAPL laser, once you build a few, you can increase power output by 0.5% annually simply by heating and then spin-purifying C and M type asteroids. Check out Troy Rising for the example of how this works.

Having read up on these sun lasers your talking about i have deduced that they are low end versions of Hobbeebia's Enhanced Solar Particle Cannons that he uses on his ships... cool beans :)

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Oh Lord.... its YOU!

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:54 pm

O.o

I've created the AAOC chan (Auxiliary Allied Operations Command). Its not on esper in-case that ever goes down.

Its on IRC.RIZON.NET

http://www.rizon.net/

For those who don't know the command for joining would be /join
So on esper.net in my post above its /join #AOC
On rizon.net its /join #AAOC

#AOC is our primary chan, but I recommend lurking on both if you guys would humor me so we can talk, doesn't have to be all the time but when you can.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:01 am

All I get is a sad faced sheet of paper where the chat windw should be.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:08 am

scratch that... had to change browsers.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:25 am

The command structure will be published as soon as the meeting is concluded and everyone is agreed my post will be in a little while.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:09 am

I want to schedule a meeting on chat with the delegate's once I post, by tonight if people can make it to either #AAOC or #AOC
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:01 am

Tgged for interest.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 pm

I would please request future members to attend a semi- official meeting on our chat, this is so we can start communicating better, I'd like to get it started either tonight or tomorrow around 5 pm. (Chime in on times please.)

On rizon.net its /join #AAOC
http://www.rizon.net/ /join #AAOC (Back up USE)
http://www.esper.net /join #AOC (primary chat)
#AOC is our primary chan, but I recommend lurking on both. I should also note the addresses for mirc, Ice chat and so forth.

irc.esper.net
irc.rizon.net

The /join command works on all clients.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:11 pm

5am in which time zone?

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:49 pm

am? I assume you made a typo brh, notin to worry about. 5 PM EST.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Akrid
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:38 pm

I am usually available to chat between 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Central Time, and after 8:00 pm Central Time (Note: during STL Blues Hockey Games, this is less certain). Weekends are variable, but I am usually available after Noon Saturday and Sunday, and with a period of unavailability on Sundays from 4:30 pm to 6:30/7:00 pm.
Last edited by Akrid on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flag by Skulley

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

New directive, please whenever you can utilize our chats for the ease of communication this also allows us to become more cohesive.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents