NATION

PASSWORD

War and Politics (closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Ministry of Intelligence, Nevermore. 25 March, 2111

By the time Smith returned from his meeting with the Department heads, his secretary handed him the details of where the phone call came from. He smiled as he read it.

"Chang was calling from a house in Beijing. So, it was the Chinese after all. I want the others from Chang's team to keep tabs on this house. I don't want a fly leaving without me finding out about it, is that understood?"
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

North-East Ohio
Senator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Beijing, China. 25 March, 2111

After Chang was taken away, Chen turned on the screen in his living room and made a call. When the call was received, Premier Mah Ling appeared on screen.

Ling: "What do you want?"
Chen: "I have a man in my custody. He was pretending to be me so I brought him to my home."
Ling: "Who is he?"
Chen: "I'm not sure. He said he wanted weapons from me to send to the UAR. I have him locked in my guest room right now."
Ling: "And? Do you intend to give him guns?"
Chen: "No sir. He couldn't offer me anything of interest. Perhaps the government would be interested in seeing him?"
Ling: "Perhaps. I can have men there soon."
Chen: "Good. I look forward to it."
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
Pro: liberalism, democracy, equality, US Constitution*, regulated capitalism, international diplomacy, NATO, EU.
Anti: conservatism, anarchy, libertarianism, theocracy, Republican party (1980-onwards), hippies, affirmative action.
*Support limited gun rights, AKA, you can have a gun if you want, but you don't need an assault rifle or anything of that sort. You know what kind of guns I'm speaking about.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Within a few minutes, the other men working under Chang were outside Chen's house. They would watch to see what would happen and report back to their superiors in Nevermore whenever something happened
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Nevermore, Imperial Republic. 25 March, 2111

Meanwhile, Raymund Walker was also watching the situation unfold in Beijing. Some of the guards had been bought by him and one was given a small camera to keep an eye on Chen. Walker spoke into a radio.

Walker: "There are Imperial agents outside the house. When the police arrive and grab Chang, begin the attack. The Imperials will have to rush in to protect Chang. Make sure Chen is captured."

It was only a few minutes later that Chinese police arrived at the house. They were only lightly armed, not expecting a fight of any kind. Chang had been brought up from the guest room and stood between Chen and a guard. One of the officers approached.

Officer: "So, this is our man?"
Chen: "Yes. Do with him as you will. I kept him comfortable, I expect you wont be as kind." Before he handed Chang over, the guard turned to the other guards and nodded. They raised their guns and began shooting the police. The Guard next to Chen tackled him to the ground. Chang fell down as well. The Police not killed in the initial assault found cover and returned fire.
Political Compass:
Pro: liberalism, democracy, equality, US Constitution*, regulated capitalism, international diplomacy, NATO, EU.
Anti: conservatism, anarchy, libertarianism, theocracy, Republican party (1980-onwards), hippies, affirmative action.
*Support limited gun rights, AKA, you can have a gun if you want, but you don't need an assault rifle or anything of that sort. You know what kind of guns I'm speaking about.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:56 pm

The Imperial agents heard the gunshots and rushed in as soon as they could. They broke down the front door and fired at Chang's attackers, making sure they were only incapacitated and not killed

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:03 pm

When the Agents entered the house, the already chaotic situation got even more chaotic. Both the police and guards fired at the agents. Meanwhile, one of the officers was able to make a desperate call for backup. Chen desperately crawled away towards the door. The Guards were eventually able to finish off the police and began to fall back. And as soon as it had started, it was over. The remaining guards had retreated, leaving only Chen, the Imperials, and Chang. Chen crawled over to the Imperials.

Chen: "W-who are you!?"
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:05 pm

The Agent in charge smiled as he shot Chang in the head.

"You'll see," he said as he struck Chen with his pistol. The Agents got to work pouring gasoline all over the room and set it on fire before escaping with Chen.

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Later, the Chinese police backup arrived to find the house on fire. The fire department was brought in the put out the fire. No sign of the Agents or Chen were found. This information was ordered to be sent directly to Ling.

Elsewhere, Ling was listening to the reports from Chen's house. He slammed his fists on the table.
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Unknown Location

When Chen woke up, he was in Imperial custody. It was a dimly lit room, and his arms were tied above his head, attached to the ceiling, and he was naked. A man entered the room and splashed water on Chen's face.

"Ah, good to see you awake."

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Unknown Location

Chen shivered from the cold water. He looked up.

Chen: "Who are you? What do you want from me? Please...let me go..I-I could make you rich! I have powerful friends! I-"
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Unknown Location

The man struck Chen in the gut.

"Believe me, there is nothing you can offer me that I don't already have. Now, tell me everything about the Chinese and South Americans."

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Unknown Location

Chen: "And if I do...will you let me live? I'll tell you all...if you let me live." He looked down and sighed. "We've been selling the Northern Army weapons. Well...I sold them. They just supplied me the weapons. Ling said he didn't want it coming back to him."
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Unknown Location

The man leaned in closer.

"Would you be willing to testify this? I can offer you protection from Ling and the Chinese. I can offer you more money than you could imagine."

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Unknown Location

Chen weighed his options in his head. It appeared to him that it was either agree to testify, or die. Not exactly a difficult choice for him he thought.

Chen: "Could I remain anonymous?"
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:31 pm

Unknown Location

He nodded

"Yes, you would. We can't have the Chinese government trying to kill you, now could we?"

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Unknown Location

Chen: "Then I'll tell you anything...whatever you need."

Nevermore, Imperial Republic. 26 March, 2111

Walker arrived at Corrigan's room. He knocked on the door and Corrigan answered.

Corrigan: "I assume our friend is in good hands?"
Walker: "He broke faster than I thought he would."
Corrigan: "Weapons smugglers are always talking big, but when it comes down to it they'll do anything to save themselves."
Walker: "Of course sir." He turned and left.
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Nevermore, Imperial Republic. 1 April, 2111

A few days later, an emergency session of the Senate was called. The Speaker didn't give much indication, but the rumour was it involved the situation in South America.

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Corrigan sat back in his chair after speaking with a few friends. Everyone was wondering why they had been summoned. Corrigan told his friends that he was equally confused. However, he did have a feeling he knew how this would end.
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Smith had made sure the room was secure and that no wire taps or cameras were activated. The Chinese wouldn't know what hit them, he though, as two Praetorian escorted in the small Chinese smuggler. Many of the Senators looked at Chen with confused looks. Tarkin spoke.

"This man is here to testify against the Chinese government," he said. "His claims will now be made."

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Chen looked around nervously at the Senators. They all stared down at him, waiting to hear what he had to say. After taking a deep breath, he began to tell his story.

Chen: "My name is Cao Peng...commonly known as Chen. I was a well known weapons smuggler in China. Several months ago, Chinese Premier Mah Ling came to me with a proposal that I accepted. The government would supply me with weapons which I intern supplied to the Northern rebels in South America." The senators gasped and began to speak to one another. When the noise died down, Chen spoke again. "I accepted this offer and began moving weapons into South America. The government paid me for my efforts and kept me safe. It is my belief that some of these weapons may have fallen into the hands of the rebels in Central America."
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Tarkin leaned into his desk.

"Do you know if the Chinese government had any interest in undermining the Republic's possessions in Central America, or of any connexion between the Northern Rebels and insurgent forces in Central America?"

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Chen: "I...I don't know. All I ever heard was South America." He paused. "I do remember hearing about some of our weapons to South America ending up in the hands of the Central American rebels. I believe Ling said that the Northern Army had given them the weapons."
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:13 pm

The chatter of the Senators erupted at this news. Tarkin was forced to gavel down the noise to speak.

"In light of these recent events, a vote now, on an Imperial investigation into this matter."

North-East Ohio
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North-East Ohio » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:18 pm

The vote ended up being nearly unanimous. Even Corrigan and his leftist group voted in favor of an Imperial investigation.
Political Compass:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:20 pm

After the tally, the Speaker dismissed the Senators.

"Then it shall be, my fellow Senators, that the Imperial Republic will make a full and public investigation into these claims, and if they be true, may His Imperial Majesty be merciful to the Chinese."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents